Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie            Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | SMURF STORIES | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » smurf variations / fakes?
Author Topic: smurf variations / fakes?
kenny t
Smurfling
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 11-12-2013 10:26 AM      Profile for kenny t       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I had a few of the halloween smurfs but never had the set. i bought a set off offor for cheap to get the missing smurfs. upon putting them with the rest of the collection, i noticed some of the halloween, not all, had slight varitions. one was frankenstein's shoes. i also noticed with the party smurfs, one of my gargamels eyes were wide open while another was half shut. does anyone know of these variations and where i can find a full list of them? thanks!
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-12-2013 09:27 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I've seen some Halloween Smurf figures with small paint variations as well. The set of licensed Schleich Halloween Smurfs are from 2006. There are some "unofficial" or "fake" Halloween Smurfs out there for sale too. I recently came across a set from China. Take a look at some photos... the official Smurfs have the white background and the unofficial Smurfs have a gray background.

-
Set of Official Halloween Smurfs

-
Set of Unofficial Halloween Smurfs

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-12-2013 09:29 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Aside from the poorer paint job, you'll also notice some different paint variations. For example, Frankenstein Smurf has white/gray sneakers versus all-gray sneakers. His vest is also different. The stitches on his face are painted differently too.

-
"Fake" Frankenstein Smurf Figure

-
Authentic Schleich Frankenstein Smurf

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-12-2013 09:34 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -
"Fake" Smurf Mummy

-
Mummy Smurf (#20544 by Schleich)

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-12-2013 09:41 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
And take a look at the Smurf Witch figures. The "fake" Smurfette has some really big eyes compared to the authentic Schleich version. The green potion in the cauldron is painted with more details. The flames are also different (using yellow and orange paints). Look at the underside of her hat - the "fake" version paints it yellow like her hair.

-
"Fake" Smurfette Witch

-
Smurfette Witch (#20547 by Schleich)

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-12-2013 10:17 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
As for your Party Gargamel... the most common painting has Gargamel with his eyes half closed. Some of the "fake" party Smurf sets include a Gargamel with his eyes painted fully open. His bouquet of flowers are painted with less colors and details on the "fake" figure. Take a look at some pictures...

-
Gargamel in a Party Hat (#20702 by Schleich)

-
"Fake" Party Gargamel

Another variation you may come across in the Party Smurfs from 2008 is the #20707 Drummer Smurf. There are some figures that have the "Happy Smurfday" printed upside-down. I remember another person posting some pictures of it a while back.

--------------------

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-13-2013 05:57 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Great info Sassette! Never knew there were these little Chinese versions out there. Thanks for the info! [Big Grin]

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

kenny t
Smurfling
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 11-13-2013 03:51 PM      Profile for kenny t       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
wow, do you mean i got ripped off? i cant believe theyre fakes! they have the little tags on their legs so I thought they were legit.
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-13-2013 07:02 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I don't know if your Smurfs are fakes or not (I haven't seen your Smurfs). I just wanted to show you some variations in the paint. The "fake" Smurfs do tend to have a lot of paint differences.

There are a few of ways to tell if your Smurfs are fake. The first would be the quality of the paint job. If it's really sloppy, then chances are the Smurf is a fake. Schleich has strict standards for its quality control.

Another way to check if your Smurf is real is by the tag. Some of the "fake" Smurfs being sold do have a Schleich tag... however it is not the correct tag. The ID number is not correct sometimes. Take a look at the SKU number, it will actually include the Smurf's unique ID number. Many of the "fake" smurfs have the same tag number for all of their smurfs (ie, if you bought a set) or the "fake" smurfs have the incorrect number. Also, the blue circle is overlapping the barcode numbers whereas it does not overlap on the genuine tags.

Some of the "fake" smurf sets are made of a harder plastic than the normal PVC material that Schleich uses. It's hard to explain... but if you feel an authentic smurf and then feel the "fake" smurf it won't feel the same.

In general, the markings are less legible or are incorrect on "fake" smurfs. For example, there were fake sets of 2006 Halloween Smurfs and 2007 Native America / Indian Smurfs. These fake smurfs all had "Made in Chian" or "Made in China" for the markings. The legit Schleich Smurfs are marked, "Made in Germany".

Watch of for super cheap Smurf sets being sold from Hong Kong / China. Some of these sellers are selling fakes. When buying Smurfs... look closely at the pictures and don't be afraid the ask the seller for the markings if he hasn't listed them in the auction.

Some of the sets to be particularly careful about include: 2006 Halloween Smurfs, 2007 Indian Smurfs, 2008 Party Smurfs, the Christmas Praying Smurfs and some of the Easter Smurfs. There have been fake sets of these Smurfs sold in the past.

Anyway, I don't know if your Smurfs are fakes. You might have some legit paint variations. Regardless, enjoy your new little Smurfs!!!

[Happy Smurf]

--------------------

kenny t
Smurfling
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 11-14-2013 07:44 AM      Profile for kenny t       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
if they are indeed fakes, i will report the person toand demand a full refund. i feel so violated right now!
kenny t
Smurfling
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 11-14-2013 08:09 AM      Profile for kenny t       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -
kenny t
Smurfling
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 11-14-2013 08:11 AM      Profile for kenny t       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
i see the major difference in the paint job. one is perfect and the others are sloppy. the tags all have different skus but the ones that look legit have germany on them while the sloppy ones do not where as all the smurfs have germany stamped on thier feet.
Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

WE HAVE MANY MORE PICTURES OF SMURFS THAN JUST THIS!
If you're looking for pictures of Smurfs, then what you see above is just the beginning of what we have to offer! BlueBuddies.com has thousands of Smurf pics and thousands of smurfy items of interest. To check out the whole gallery visit our main page - click here!
Sign-up for the Smurfs BBS and get a smurfy avatar like this beside your name - click here!
Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2020 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.