Smurf at Last!    Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » Papa Smurf in the Macy's Parade
Author Topic: Papa Smurf in the Macy's Parade
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-18-2012 07:50 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Papa Smurf will be making his debut in the 86th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! The three new balloons for this year's parade will be Hello Kitty, The Elf on the Shelf and .... PAPA SMURF!

-
Macy's 86th Annual Parade (2012)

The three new balloons were given a secret tryout in New Jersey to ensure they will be ready for the parade's Central Park West starting line.

According to Macy’s veteran balloon designer, John Piper, it takes about a year to create a new balloon. The major challenges this year involved making Hello Kitty’s trademark red bow and balancing Papa Smurf’s blue legs to appear as if he is dancing.

-
Hello Kitty Aviator Balloon

-
Papa Smurf & Elf on the Shelf Balloons

The Smurfs have been part of the turkey day tradition since 2008 - with the adorable Smurf Balloon and Smurfs Float! See more here.

Link to the original message - Smurf in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
[Smile]

I can't wait to see the dancing Papa Smurf strut his stuff in the parade!!!

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-18-2012 08:03 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Forgot to mention that the Smurf Float is going to be in the parade again this year... just 4 more days!

-
Macy's Parade Smurf Float

List of the Floats:

Gift of Freedom
ZHU-NIVERSE
Smurf Mushroom Float
Big Apple
Bridge to the Future
Marion-Carole Showboat
Snoopy's Dog House
Pep Rally
Home Baked Goodness
Elves Raise the Roof
Dora's Christmas Carol Adventure
On the Roll Again
International Celebration Clock Tower
Santa's Sleigh
Woodland Family Gathering
Tom Turkey
1-2-3 Sesame Street
True Spirit of Thanksgiving
American Pride
Fall Frozen Fun
Christmas in Central Park

--------------------

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-18-2012 08:15 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is set to debut a new route down 6th Avenue on Thursday, November 22, 2012.

-
Map of Macy's Parade Route for 2012

The 86th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will step-off at 77th Street and Central Park West. The procession will travel down to Columbus Circle, turn onto Central Park South and march down a new path via 6th Avenue / Avenue of the Americas to 34th Street. At 34th Street, the Parade will make its final turn west and end at 7th Avenue in front of Macy’s Herald Square. This incredible cavalcade will make its way down 6th Avenue, a broader, more accessible path that marks only the seventh time the Parade has changed its route.

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-18-2012 08:22 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Some fun facts and figures about the giant Papa Smurf Balloon....

"Papa Smurf is ready for his big debut on Thanksgiving, jumping for joy and dancing his way down the route. Sporting a festive bow tie and cane and clicking his heels to the holiday fun, Papa Smurf is sure to delight millions of fans who are eagerly anticipating his return in The Smurfs 2 set for the big screen next summer. Measuring 51-feet tall, 36-feet wide and 46-feet long, Papa Smurf will help usher in a Happy Smurfgiving to one and all!"

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-18-2012 08:46 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -
Famed Street Artist KAWS' work on NYC Subway

Here's some legit graffiti... official promotion of the 86th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on a New York City Subway!

--------------------

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-19-2012 01:45 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
SUPER COOL SASSETTE!!! PAPA looks awesome!

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Peazjelly
Smurf
Member # 3101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-19-2012 10:27 AM      Profile for Peazjelly       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The subway art is impressive.

--------------------
__It's PeazJelly Time

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-22-2012 07:59 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Photos of Papa Smurf being inflated and then taking to the air! They say it takes 90 minutes to inflate a giant balloon for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

-
Papa Smurf Balloon Inflation

No, Gargamel didn't catch him in his smurfnapper net!

-

-
Papa Smurf Balloon Hits the Parade

[Smile]

--------------------

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-22-2012 09:48 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
This is Smurftastic. Enjoyed seeing Papa in the parade this morning. Great fun. [Smile]
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-23-2012 04:35 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
"Aw, what a comfortable pillow I'll be smurfing on."

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted 11-23-2012 08:30 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I simply love those balloons. Papa looks so smart in a Fred Astaire-like posture! [Smile]
Hello Kitty, the Elf on the Shelf and the bashful cute little clown (sorry, I don't kbow him very well) are lovely. Thanks a smurf for sharing, Sassette! [Big Grin] [Enamored Smurf] [Clown Smurf] [Sassette Smurfling]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 3918 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
BlueTiger10
Super Smurfette / Reporter Smurfette
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-24-2012 12:06 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I saw Papa Smurf on TV.
He looked his best with the black-tie and cane.
They should make another holiday plush out of it!
Smurftacular!

--------------------
http://www.Twitter.com/HubermanProject

Posts: 947 | From: City Island, Bronx, NY USA | Registered: Nov 2010
Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted 12-06-2012 07:51 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply

Smurfs at The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2012

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-06-2012 07:52 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Other video featuring Papa Smurf at Macy's Parade. [Smile]

Papa Smurf at Macy's Thanksgiving Parade [2012]

--------------------

BlueTiger10
Super Smurfette / Reporter Smurfette
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-06-2012 02:45 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Keep on Smurfin'.

--------------------
http://www.Twitter.com/HubermanProject

Posts: 947 | From: City Island, Bronx, NY USA | Registered: Nov 2010
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-06-2012 07:55 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Great videos, Squeaky! Thanks for sharing.

[Big Grin]

I would LOVE to see this Papa Smurf Balloon made into a plush - that would be ultra smurfy, BlueTiger!

[Smile]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2017 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.