Smurf at Last!    Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » NOT Smurf Vitamins!!
Author Topic: NOT Smurf Vitamins!!
Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-29-2009 06:25 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
These are definitely not Smurf vitamins!!

-
Not Smurf Vitamins

Drugs shaped like Smurfs, Transformers and President Barack Obama’s head recently showed up on Kansas City area streets, adding to a trend that worries police and health experts.

Colorful Ecstasy pills started showing up last year shaped as Homer and Bart Simpson, Ninja Turtles and other characters. As more of the pills that look like vitamins or candy go out locally and nationwide, they put children at great risk, police and experts said.

"Someone leaves this around … kids pick them up and boom," said H. Westley Clark, director of the federal Center for Substance Abuse Treatment.

The cartoon character marketing is a ploy by predators to promote a dangerous drug as light fun in order to sell to more teens and young adults, Clark said. The irresponsible marketers also use false advertising, police said, because the tablets often contain no Ecstasy at all but instead a powerful mix of other drugs.

For more than a year, about half the so-called Ecstasy pills tested at labs in Kansas City and Johnson County have turned out not to be Ecstasy. They were a combination of other drugs once used to treat stomach parasites (piperazine) that have effects and dangers similar to Ecstasy. It takes a combination of two variations of piperazine to get the Ecstasy effects. This combination surfaced in New Zealand in the 1990s as “legalX,” but many countries have since criminalized BZP, one of the variations.

In the United States, BZP is illegal under federal law and Missouri law, but it is legal in Kansas.

WOW!!

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-29-2009 11:53 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
My goodness, such a danger! Mainly because children are easily exposed to it! And on seeing the pic I realize those drug dealers really get to pass the pills off as candies. Thanks for the alert, Smurfy1For2!! [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4547 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

Ruffette
sammylurvesyou
Member # 2646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-29-2009 01:20 PM      Profile for Ruffette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
OMG little kids would think they were candies
thats awful I'll warn my little sisters
Okiie

--------------------
Ben eats bunnies...

Posts: 447 | From: windsor ontario canada | Registered: Dec 2008
Archive Smurf
Baraduke Brainy / De-Evolution Smurf / Space Harrier Brainy / Oingo Boingo Smurf / ToonerSmurf Inc. / Smurfus Norsmurficus / Archive Smurf
Member # 2350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-29-2009 02:39 PM      Profile for Archive Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Gasp! That is such an alarm!!! Please tell all little kids that they are not for them!!
[Eek!] [Eek!]

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-29-2009 02:39 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Yikes! that is not cool at all [Frown]

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-29-2009 03:42 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The Smurf drugs really do look like candy! They used to sell real Smurf Vitamins back in the 1980s...

-
Chewable Smurf Vitamins

They had many different flavors (Smurf, Smurfette, Brainy and Papa) - even Gargamel and Azrael flavors too!!
[Eek!]

The Smurf Drugs look the same as the blue Smurf Vitamins to me!!! How on earth would a kid know any better?

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-29-2009 03:52 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I suppose Gargamel and Azrael vitamins also are tasty! [Big Grin] Thanks for the nice ad, Sassette! [Sassette Smurfling]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4547 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Perky Smurf
Smurf
Member # 6261

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-13-2018 03:36 AM      Profile for Perky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Perky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Squeaky Smurf:
I suppose Gargamel and Azrael vitamins also are tasty! [Big Grin] Thanks for the nice ad, Sassette! [Sassette Smurfling]

Muhuhaha, REVENGE!

--------------------
An apple a day can keep anyone Away! (Granted you through it hard enough)

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-27-2019 10:12 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Two of my latest fanfiction stories, "The New Shop In The Village" and "The High Cost Of Smurfing", deal with the issue of drugs, albeit Smurf-related fictional analogs to existing real-life ones. The first story is about two Smurfs opening up a morning brew and smurfnip shop as an alternative to Tapper's Tavern, sort of like the coffee and pot shops in Europe. Unfortunately, that almost gets shut down because somebody introduces them to something dangerous called moonberries, which almost causes the Smurfs to start eating the roofs of their mushroom houses, believing that the mushrooms that their Smurf houses are made of have magical properties that let them see hallucinations, and that they also get sick from eating too many moonberries. In the second story, Vanity gets addicted to snorting pixie dust and almost dies, which makes Empath find out who was giving him that to be addicted to in the first place.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2018 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.