Smurf at Last!    Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » Pictures of Alan Oppenheimer, the voice of Vanity
Author Topic: Pictures of Alan Oppenheimer, the voice of Vanity
Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-03-2006 07:29 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I just received the fourth season of Quantum Leap on DVD for my birthday on Friday. On this DVD set there is an episode called, Roberto, which guest stars Alan Oppenheimer (see IMDB info here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0649178/) who plays Earl Skinner. For those who are not aware, Alan Oppenheimer is the actor who voices Vanity Smurf in the 80s Smurfs cartoon. I don't know if anyone is interested or not, but I for one love to see who the voices are behind the Smurfs. I hope it's okay, but I made seven still shots from some of the scenes that show Alan from the Quantum Leap episode posted below. Enjoy. [Vanity Smurf]

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-04-2006 06:30 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Smurfaroo! I never knew what Vanity looked like - well, the actor that voiced him, that is!

Alan Oppenheimer is not what I would have expected. Does he sound like Vanity when he speaks normally on the Quantum Leap show? I mean, would you say - hey that's Vanity Smurf! right away when you hear him speak?

Thanks for sharing the pics!

PS - Happy Smurfday to You!
[King Smurf]

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-04-2006 03:22 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sassette:
Smurfaroo! I never knew what Vanity looked like - well, the actor that voiced him, that is!

Alan Oppenheimer is not what I would have expected. Does he sound like Vanity when he speaks normally on the Quantum Leap show? I mean, would you say - hey that's Vanity Smurf! right away when you hear him speak?

Thanks for sharing the pics!

PS - Happy Smurfday to You!

No, I don't think he sounds like Vanity at all. A few times you can tell it's a similar voice the way he says a few things, but if you didn't already know who he was you wouldn't be able to pick it out, at least I didn't. I had seen this Quantum Leap episode several times before I found out the voice of Vanity was in it and I never knew the difference when the character, Earl Skinner, was talking.

Anyway, I did some web surfing and found some more pictures. I will do this with other Smurf voice actors when I get a chance.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-04-2006 04:23 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
He also did the voice of Skeletor on the original "He-man" cartoon. [Vanity Smurf]

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Posts: 963 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Feb 2006
Vega
Smurf
Member # 1321

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-05-2006 03:47 AM      Profile for Vega       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
He did ? I didn`t know that.
Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-07-2006 07:59 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
wow, that's totally cool...thanks for the pics Shane! It's amazing to read up on the voice actors and see what other works they have done!

Take Care,
Raven Child.

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-29-2006 02:44 PM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
He looks a bit like Vanity on Quantum link but I cant see him wearing a flower any time soon!! I can't believe its him!

Thanks for the pictures Shane!

[Vanity Smurf] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-19-2006 01:12 AM      Profile for swarlock       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
His voice is of a lower register from listening to him in other cartoons. I'd say the closest would be when he voices Man At Arms in He-Man. That would be his normal speaking voice.

--------------------
Every day in every way I am smurfy!

Posts: 403 | From: Kissimmee, Florida | Registered: Jan 2005
Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-02-2007 02:10 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Alan was also the voice of Norman Burg, Roger Smith's butler in Big O season 2!

-

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Tailor Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1629

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 03-11-2007 07:14 PM      Profile for Tailor Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
yes alan also did the voice of Alistair crane in the begining of passions. he is known for voice overs.

But yes it is always fun to see who is behind the voices of your favorite cartoon characters.

--------------------
Have a Smurfy Day,

Tailor Smurf

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-26-2007 06:37 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm looking around YouTube tonight for videos of voice actors from the Smurfs. Here is a link to a clip with Alan Oppenheimer from The Bionic Woman, he comes in at 2:22 (he's the surgeon). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFXDan0Vhkc

[Vanity Smurf]

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-11-2007 04:24 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Besides Alan Oppenheimer (Vanity), another Smurf voice actor, Hamilton Camp (Greedy and Harmony), was also featured on two Star Trek series, as the Ferengi Leck on Deep Space Nine and as the Malon Vrelk on Voyager.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2017 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.