Member # 2
posted 01-05-2006 09:13 AM
The Smurf theme park is called Walibi Schtroumpf. It's located near Metz in northeastern France. When the park was open as a Smurf theme park is was a fun place to ride, play, and have adventures with The Smurfs. It even featured a real Smurf Village (le Village des Schtroumpfs)! There were many smurfy attractions at the Smurf park - including a ride where Gargamel exacted his revenge on the Smurfs!
Here were some of the Smurf rides at Walibi Schtroumpf:
- Gargamel's Revenge (La vengeance de Gargamel) - A scary 56 meter tower that flings you up 55 meters in 2.5 seconds!
- SkySmurf (Skyschtroumpf) - A fun monorail that smurfs you around the park.
- MokaSchtroumpf - A teacup ride, like the one at Disneyland. These spinny cups can make you very sick very fast! The ride name is the combination of the words "mocha coffee" and "Smurf".
- AquaSmurf (Aquaschlumpf) - A smurfy version of a standard water / log ride located in the heart of Smurf Village.
- Sarsaparilla (Salsepareille) - Yum Yum Yummy!
- AstroSmurf (Cosmoschtroumpf) - Feel like Astro Smurf and head to the stars!
- Smurf Train (Tchouschtroumpf) - A very small Smurf train that goes around the Smurf Village and Gargamel's house. Fun for little kiddies.
Walibi Schtroumpf Theme Park Brochure - (click for bigger pic)
Eventually, in 2003, the smurfiness ended. All Smurf references ceased and the Smurf park was no more. The Smurf rides were changed into non-smurf rides: Gargamel's Revenge became Space Shot, SkySmurf became Monorail, MokaSchtroumpf became The Dancing Cups / Les tasses dansantes, AquaSmurf became Minis-Rivère, AstroSmurf became The Flying Barrels / Les Tonneaux Volants, Smurf Train became Small Train / Petit Train, and Salsepareille became Salsa.
The Smurf park has had many incarnations. The history of the park is as follows:
Name: Big Bang Schtroumpf (owned by Sorépark) - From: 1989 - 1990.
Name: Walibi Schtroumpf (owned by Walibi) - From: 1991 - 1998.
Name: Walibi Schtroumpf (owned by Six Flags) - From 1998 - 2002.
Name: Walibi Lorraine (owned by Six Flags)- From 2003 - 2003.
Name: Walibi Lorraine (owned by Palamon) - From 2004 - .
Hope this helps!
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!
Posts: 2978 | From: Smurfingland | Registered: Jul 1999