Smurf at Last!  Click here to buy Smurfs!
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM | WIKI
Smurfs 2 Movie  Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card

Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » The Revenge of the Smurfs
Author Topic: The Revenge of the Smurfs
Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted 12-08-2004 12:33 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I just discovered a strange looking Game Boy Advance game - The Smurfs for GBA.

-
The Revenge of the Pirate Smurfs?

As you can see from theauction here, the game is from China - home of many illegal videogame manufacturers.

So...Does anyone know if this is legit? I have been informed that Infogrames is definitely slated to release a GBA The Revenge of the Smurfs (although I've been sent no artwork...ahem).

I've never heard of "The Smurfs" for GBA. So what is the story? Legit or not?

(As an aside, I can't wait to see little Smurfs take on humans in The Revenge of the Smurfs. I love it when they fight Gargamel by launching peas - this should be great...)

[Smile]

--------------------
Uploading Smurf pictures to our servers is EASY - show the world your smurfy find in a message!

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 12-09-2004 01:08 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
After a very helpful email, I have the following information:

Infogrames (now re-branded "Atari") released the game in 2002 in Europe. The game is not based on The Revenge of the Smurfs episode of the TV show, and is in fact a re-hash of the older Smurf games (looks like a simple palette update from the GBC to the GBA from what I can see, but that is just a guess).

Atari US has the "option" to put the game out in the States.

I've kindly been sent a gigantic high-res version of the official Europe release box artwork that I'll get Sassette to re-size and upload. Woo hoo!

Moderator Sassette has put together quite a few pages of goodies for The Regenge of the Smurfs for Gameboy Advance that you can see right here.

[Smile]

--------------------
Uploading Smurf pictures to our servers is EASY - show the world your smurfy find in a message!

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

purplesmurf08
Smurfling
Member # 690

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 12-12-2004 03:36 AM      Profile for purplesmurf08       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
thts sooo cool

--------------------
i'm a purple smurf -lol

Posts: 10 | From: Salinas, California | Registered: Dec 2004
Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-14-2004 08:14 PM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
More like the SNES Smurfs game converted for the GBA.

--------------------
-- VIC GEORGE, Westfield, MA, USA

Posts: 222 | From: Westfield, MA, USA | Registered: Jul 1999
vanitysmurf
Smurf
Member # 718

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 12-14-2004 10:05 PM      Profile for vanitysmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I WANT IT!!!!!!!! [Big Grin]
Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted 12-15-2004 07:51 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vanitysmurf:
I WANT IT!!!!!!!! [Big Grin]

I do as well!

But I don't think it's going to happen...now that Infogrames is called Atari, it seems they have changed focus somewhat...and I'm not sure if the Smurfs are part of their grand plan. I hope I'm wrong.

At least The Revenge of the Smurfs was actually released, unlike this missing gem.

[Confused]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

SMURF PICTURES, SMURF WALLPAPER & SMURF ICONS - AND MUCH MORE!
Searching for Smurf pictures? What about Smurf wallpaper or Smurf icons? You can view our menu of thousands of Smurf pics and check out all of our Smurfs merchandise on the main page - click here!
WE HAVE MANY MORE PICTURES OF SMURFS THAN JUST THIS!
If you're looking for pictures of Smurfs, then what you see above is just the beginning of what we have to offer! BlueBuddies.com has thousands of Smurf pics and thousands of smurfy items of interest. To check out the whole gallery visit our main page - click here!
Sign-up for the Smurfs BBS and get a smurfy avatar like this beside your name - click here!
Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2014 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensors. Want to help make the site better? Then take our smurfy survey here!   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.