Smurf at Last!    Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » want to dress up as papa smurf halloween, how to make costume?
Author Topic: want to dress up as papa smurf halloween, how to make costume?
baker7598
Smurfling
Member # 584

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 10-10-2004 08:00 PM      Profile for baker7598       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Any advice would be very helpful in making this costume. I think my g/f wants to be smurfette. HOw do we go about making these costumes. Like what are some things that we can get at walmart that would help.

Thanks

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-10-2004 11:31 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi baker7598,

Here are a few things you can buy to make a Smurf or Smurfette Halloween costume.

You may want to consider buying a Smurf costume like one of these - just use the Smurf mask if the outfit size is wrong and make your own Smurf or Smurfette outfit.

HOW TO MAKE A SMURFETTE COSTUME:

BLUE LEGS: First, you need smurfy blue legs. To accomplish this, buy either tights/pantyhose/pants that are Smurf blue. If you cannot find the right color blue, then buy Rite Dye (easy to find in stores like Wal-Mart and it's cheap too!). Although Rite Dye says it will adhere to many different fibers, you'll have the best results if the fabric is made of 100% cotton.

WHITE DRESS: Second, get a white dress (or white top and skirt). Be creative - don't just think of a a regular white dress - what about a nightie or women's slip. You can always cut it to the perfect length for you. Can't find a suitable white dress? An easy solution is to get a large white men's tee-shirt and sinch it at the waist with a belt.

BLUE ARMS: Third, you need blue Smurf arms. Find a long sleeve blue shirt and blue gloves/mitts to wear under the dress. If you cannot find a suitable blue shirt, dying is an option (you can dye the whole load with one box of Rite Dye). Another idea is to use a second pair of blue tights/panythose for your arms (split them in half - each leg would become a sleeve for your arm, cut the toes for your fingers to go through or leave it to function as a glove/mitten).

WHITE HAT: Last, you need a white Smurf hat! Almost any hat that's white and puffy will do (a Canadian style hat/toque is ideally what you're looking for). If you're in the southern USA, you may find that this type of hat is hard to locate - your local Army Surplus or army supply store will have it, though. If you want to add extra height to your hat - just stuff in some socks!

HOW TO MAKE A PAPA SMURF COSTUME:

RED PANTS & BLUE SMURF TAIL: As the leader of the Smurf village, Papa Smurf is the only Smurf who wears a red outfit instead of a white outfit. So you need red pants. Any type of red pants will do - keep an open mind - not just regular pants but what about pajama bottoms or long-underwear. If you can't find red pants then red dye will work quite nicely on grey jogger sweat pants. (Use enough red dye or your pants will turn pink!) Don't forget to add a blue Smurf tail! You can make a tail out of a balled up blue sock and then use safety pins to attach it. Remember to place the tail on a spot that still allows you to sit down comfortably!

BLUE SHIRT: You will need a blue shirt. A long-sleeve turtle-neck would work well. If you can't find one, again you can easily dye your shirt blue. (Remember that cotton fabrics dye the best). You can also go shirtless like a true Smurf! Just use blue body paint that is available this time of year in the Halloween sections of stores. Sometimes Dollar Stores even have Halloween makeup.

RED HAT: You'll need a red Smurf hat. You may find one at an Army Surplus store or at your local thrift store. Or you can try making one out of paper or anything else that is red and will stay on your head! What if you got a red t-shirt that is a little small for you - put the shirt around your neck and then begin to pull it off until the neck part is stuck around your head. Now just tuck the remaining fabric on your head to shape it like a Smurf hat. You can use tape or safety pins to help.

OPTIONAL WHITE BEARD: You can buy white beards in the Halloween section of stores or you can make one. Cotton balls are a great idea! If you don't want to glue them directly to your face (LOL) then try glueing them to paper cut-out in a beard shape and attach string to tie it around your head. At this point you'll be red and blue so you may not even want to have a beard - I think it's optional really. You could also buy a Papa Smurf mask.

If you want to make your Smurf costume on a budget - try your local thrift store! Try browsing for anything Smurf blue and work with it. Or buy white/light color items that will take blue dye easily. I guess you could even use blue spray paint to make your clothes blue!!!

Remember, it is all about having smurfy fun this Halloween! Be creative and see what works best for you. Drop us a line (or picture) and tell us how it works out!

Keep smurfing,
Sassette Smurfling
Sassette

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-29-2004 05:24 PM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Another good way to make a Smurfette costume is to get white ballet shoes, a blue leotard, blue tights, a white dress, and a white hat. Then you're all set for a super smurfy Halloween!

[Smile]

--------------------
Uploading Smurf pictures to our servers is EASY - show the world your smurfy find in a message!

Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-29-2004 09:43 PM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Just be careful with the dress, since the cartoon Smurfette's dress tends to be cut just a little too high.

--------------------
-- VIC GEORGE, Westfield, MA, USA

Posts: 222 | From: Westfield, MA, USA | Registered: Jul 1999
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-02-2005 09:19 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I used to love trick-or-treating! I bet this Grouchy Smurf costume won't help you get much candy though!

-
Grouch Smurf Mask

[Razz]
Sassette

--------------------

<adijr>
unregistered

Icon 5 posted 10-17-2005 08:26 PM          Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hello All
great progress [Smile]

Question - since there is a picture with a smurf.. more like mascott,  -
in your own gallery, then these things must at least be available. [Smile] Anyone care to direct us towards such a suit, or anyone care to sell ? [Smile]

Thanks,

adijr

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-21-2005 02:31 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi again!

adijr - the Smurf Mascot in the Gallery is from a European Theme-Park. You really don't see "official" Smurf Mascots for sale that often. This particular one was sold ona couple of years ago. You might want to have a go at making your own Smurf costume...

-
Smurfette Mascot

vanitysmurf - I LOOOOVE the idea that you'll be Gargamel this Halloween! The smurfs captured in the net is such a great idea.

Sassette

--------------------

<Carribean Pirate>
unregistered

Icon 1 posted 09-25-2006 07:10 PM          Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
That is a cute costume. But how do you see out of the eyes once you put the head on?

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-01-2006 03:15 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi Carribean Pirate - my guess is that you can either see through the mouth or the eyes on that Smurf head. Usually they are made out of a transparent mesh-like material so you can see and breathe better.

[Smile]

Look at these great Papa Smurf and Smurfette costumes!

-
Smurfette & Papa Smurf!

[Smurfette]

--------------------

All Smurfed Up
Smurfling
Member # 1541

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 10-17-2006 09:33 AM      Profile for All Smurfed Up       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
i'm dressing up as a smurf for halloween this year. I have blue latex to where I will paint my whole body. I then plan to get a white hat, white pants and whit shoe covers. Any ideas for making or finding a mask, hat, pants and shoes?

--------------------
I shouldn't have smurfed so much smurf...

Peazjelly
Smurf
Member # 3101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-22-2010 06:44 AM      Profile for Peazjelly       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
New Smurf masks are now available, along with complete Smurf costumes (includes a Smurf hat, pants, gloves and shoes).

Smurf Halloween Masks
Smurf Halloween Masks

Smurf Halloween Costume
Full Smurf Costume - Hat, Shirt, Mitts, Pants and Shoes

--------------------
__It's PeazJelly Time

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2017 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.