Smurf at Last!         FUNKO SMURFS!      BUY CLASSIC SMURF FIGURE PACK
home | SMURF VALUE | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
»
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
| search messages | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum
| search messages | smurf community | faq |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3    Next Page
Smurf Forum » Episode Errors (Page 1)
Author Topic: Episode Errors
Cheeky Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 3542

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-09-2011 05:26 PM      Profile for Cheeky Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

Quite ironic.

--------------------
Tra la la la la la, I'm smurfy as can be :)

Tra la la la la la, but don't you smurf with me :P

Posts: 48 | From: The Enchanted Forest | Registered: Mar 2011
Rocker Smurf
Smurf
Member # 3178

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-09-2011 05:31 PM      Profile for Rocker Smurf  Rocker Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The Magnifying Mixture episode in Season 1. The goof is a classic, some animation frames were accidentally put in the wrong place or pushed out of sync, resulting in a few seconds of the episodes where the dialogue doesn't match up with the lips.

--------------------
Smurf yourself a smile and have a smurfy day!

Posts: 217 | From: Smurfy old England | Registered: Apr 2010
Cheeky Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 3542

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-09-2011 05:52 PM      Profile for Cheeky Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I accidentally uploaded 2 or 3 photos with errors themselves on them of the above pic to the server. Just my clumsy luck [Roll Eyes]

Edit: Worked out how to delete them here, phew.

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-09-2011 05:54 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Next time when you watch Jokey's Medicine you can observe that, on 4:44, Greedy's kerchief knot is tied on a very strange way. [Happy Smurf]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 7327 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-09-2011 05:59 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Gee, and Gargamel hadn't yet even cloned Brainy!!!

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

VicyJoe
Smurfling
Member # 3538

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-13-2011 11:39 PM      Profile for VicyJoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Not only there are many continuity, animation, etc. errors in the animated series, but there are plot holes, especially in the many of the Season 9 episodes. Since 17 characters including Smoogle time-travelled in Season 9, most episodes do not show all the time travellers or show some briefly and then disappear for the rest of a episode.

There were many problems of Season 9 (unoriginal plots, using too many incarnations of Gargamel, annoying/idiotic characters, etc.) that I feel its episodes are inferior to the early seasons whose episodes are more original.

Cheeky Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 3542

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-14-2011 10:15 AM      Profile for Cheeky Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I agree with all of that. Smurfs sporadically appearing I just can't find a reasonable explanation for.

Gargamel in different ancestory forms still isn't Gargamel to me. A seres without Gargamel just isn't smurfy.

When you take the smurfs out of their natural setting and make too many changes, it's no wonder the series was cancelled after drops in viewers. I think they should've just ended the time-travel storyline in the first epeisode of Series 10, and went back to it's original formula in one last attempt to revive the show.

This is a reason why I feel the new movie is going to be mediocre, too many changes on their big screen debut.

--------------------

BlueTiger10
Super Smurfette / Reporter Smurfette
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-14-2011 11:13 AM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It is also foretold that 5 years earlier, I was caring about another movie: Doogal (AKA "The Magic Roundabout"). First released in England in February 2005, Bob & Harvey Weinstein (former leaders of Miramax Films, which left Disney by the late 2000's) decided to redub it as Doogal. This redub came out by the Weinstein Company (who will release "Hoodwinked 2: Hood vs. Evil!") on February 2006, during the 2006 Winter Olympics and before Jon Stewart (voice of Zee-Bad in the movie) hosted the 78th Academy Awards, yet flopped because of too many pop culture references in the characters dialogue, scenes were condensed or edited, and more people would rather see "Cars" or "Happy Feet" instead of this movie and "Ice Age 2: the Meltdown". I was very afraid of "The Smurfs" will flop along with "Mars Needs Moms!", "Winnie the Pooh", "Hop", and "Hoodwinked 2!" even if 3D is the new gimmick to lure us away from television or the internet.

--------------------
Twitter/HubermanProject

Posts: 947 | From: City Island, Bronx, NY USA | Registered: Nov 2010
Smurfy1For2
Blue Believer
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-16-2011 06:27 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2  Smurfy1For2's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Papa Smurf with White Pants
Papa Smurf with White Pants - Swapping Smurfs / Season 7

From the Season 7 episode "Swapping Smurfs".

SPOILER:

This happened right before the funny elf-Smurfs were supposed to throw Papa into the well.

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted 03-16-2011 10:10 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
And in the episode The Blue Plague from the Season 2 you'll see Papa Smurf watching the Smurfs at work (11:43), though he has left Smurf village just at the beginning!! [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------

VicyJoe
Smurfling
Member # 3538

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-16-2011 11:45 PM      Profile for VicyJoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Squeaky Smurf:
And in the episode The Blue Plague from the Season 2 you'll see Papa Smurf watching the Smurfs at work (11:43), though he has left Smurf village just at the beginning!! [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

I am uncertain whether the dam scene showing Papa Smurf is recycled from a previous episode, but it is one of many continuity problems found in The Smurfs cartoon series. One recent continuity problem I found by recently watching Smurf episodes is in the first episode introducing the Great Book of Spells, Gargamel is forced to tear up his graduation cap (as required by a spell) even though in latter episodes viewers are told by others and Gargamel himself that he never graduated from wizard school.
Cheeky Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 3542

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-25-2011 06:29 AM      Profile for Cheeky Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Not so much with the show itself, but with the TV-stations and their continuity timeline errors with their original TV air-dates putting the episodes in a slightly random order.

For instance Sassette appears in an episode before she is created. Smurfette is created about midway through season one, although she appeared in the episodes before.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-25-2011 08:02 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The episodes weren't originally run in any canonically chronological order, and even the "official" air dates that I have seen are rather suspect. However, I do know that Baby Smurf was introduced at the beginning of Season 3 ("Once Upon A Blue Moon"), the Smurflings at the beginning of Season 5 ("The Smurflings" and "Sassette"), Grandpa Smurf at the beginning of Season 6 ("Smurfquest"), Wild Smurf at the beginning of Season 7 ("Smurf On The Wild Side"), and Nanny Smurf at the beginning of Season 8 ("Lost Smurf").

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

VicyJoe
Smurfling
Member # 3538

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-25-2011 10:20 PM      Profile for VicyJoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
In speaking of original broadcast order, is the information found on IMDb.com correct?
Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted 03-25-2011 11:24 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hm, that's a good question, Onesimos. I wish I could be sure too. [Confused]

--------------------

Cheeky Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 3542

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-27-2011 01:56 AM      Profile for Cheeky Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I also noticed The Enchanted Quill episode when Scruples becomes Gargamel's apprentice, this allegedly appears later in series 6, but he was also in earlier episodes of the season. So it's more timeline errors. I have heard of other shows being aired out of sync to the order they should be in.

But here's 2 more actual episode errors...

6x57: Papa Smurf, Papa Smurf
2 Papa Smurfs. One wears an orange feather in his cap, the other wears green. When the green feathered papa waves goodbye to the village after getting the short straw, suddenly the other papa smurf waving goodbye back at him also momentarily has a green feather in his cap when it should be orange.

6x60: The Lure Of The Orb
The famous anti-drug message episode.
There is a scene where Poet touches the magic orb for the first time. When he hands it back, the scene cuts to just his arms whilst handing the orb over. But instead of his arms being a smurfy blue, he has human skin-coloured arms. Very odd.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-27-2011 03:43 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Again, the episodes for the most part were NOT originally aired in a chronological order. Also, some seasons were airing episodes from previous seasons during its original Saturday morning run. It's difficult to compare Smurf episode sequencing with that of like Star Trek episodes.

--------------------

Snooty
Smurfling
Member # 3029

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-29-2011 04:15 AM      Profile for Snooty   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Is there a list with the correct sequence? Here in Holland, we don't even have full season boxes but just single dvd's with 4 episodes on it with a certain theme like Smurfette, Magic, Animals, Party, etc.
This makes it very hard to watch them correctly as only around 4 DVD's are released per year.

Rocker Smurf
Smurf
Member # 3178

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-05-2011 07:54 PM      Profile for Rocker Smurf  Rocker Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Found another one, in Smurfette's Dancing Shoes. If you look just after the 10 minute mark, right when Smurfette gets smurfnapped by the imp, the other Smurfs run out of the house twice. Perhaps due to the pencil behind his ear, Handy is the easiest to notice.

Smurfette's Dancing Shoes [Modified Intro & Credits / Incomplete Title Card]

--------------------
Smurf yourself a smile and have a smurfy day!

Posts: 217 | From: Smurfy old England | Registered: Apr 2010
Oakley Smurf
Brainy Smurf Snaeha
Member # 2823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-05-2011 10:03 PM      Profile for Oakley Smurf   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
You're lucky snooty,here in thailand we don't
even have a single episode i'm just very lucky
to watch a few episodes on cartoon network
until they cancel it.
10 years ago.

--------------------
I'm Brainy Smurf's alter ego one that didn't wearing glasses...for now...
"Eyesight 200/20 but I always see what's on my mind"

Posts: 694 | From: Bangkok,Thailand | Registered: May 2009
VicyJoe
Smurfling
Member # 3538

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-06-2011 04:49 AM      Profile for VicyJoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
By watching the Youtube video of "Smurfette's Dancing Shoes," I saw another error: this one takes place when the gargoyles were sending the Smurfs to find the treasures request by the imp. As each gargoyle was sending each Smurf away from the imp's castle, Papa Smurf's clothes are white instead of red.

There is another error (continuity) for the same episode: Hefty with no tattoo.

When Smurfette fled to the house where the Smurfs were secretly planning for Papa Smurf's birthday, Hefty comes to her with no heart tattoo on his left arm. However. . .

. . .in the next few camera shots, Hefty is shown with the heart tattoo.

BlueTiger10
Super Smurfette / Reporter Smurfette
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-06-2011 08:56 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
oooops!

--------------------
Twitter/HubermanProject

Posts: 947 | From: City Island, Bronx, NY USA | Registered: Nov 2010
Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-06-2011 09:02 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Still about this episode: at 6:48, when the Smurfs appear at the imp's castle to save Smurfette, Papa Smurf's trousers are white. [Smile] [Confused]

--------------------

VicyJoe
Smurfling
Member # 3538

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-06-2011 09:36 PM      Profile for VicyJoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Squeaky Smurf:
Still about this episode: at 6:48, when the Smurfs appear at the imp's castle to save Smurfette, Papa Smurf's trousers are white. [Smile] [Confused]

I took a scan of this scene to show it is like:

-

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-07-2011 05:55 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
All these slip-ups in the wardrobe department has got to be making Papa Smurf see red.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3    Next Page < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

WE HAVE MANY MORE PICTURES OF SMURFS THAN JUST THIS!
If you're looking for pictures of Smurfs, then what you see above is just the beginning of what we have to offer! BlueBuddies.com has thousands of Smurf pics and thousands of smurfy items of interest. To check out the whole gallery visit our main page - click here!
Sign-up for the Smurfs BBS and get a smurfy avatar like this beside your name - click here!
BlueBuddies - Home of the Smurfs
Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2024 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.