Smurf at Last!         FUNKO SMURFS!      BUY CLASSIC SMURF FIGURE PACK
home | SMURF VALUE | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
»
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
| search messages | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum
| search messages | smurf community | faq |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Smurf Forum » Christmas smurfs
Author Topic: Christmas smurfs
Snooty
Smurfling
Member # 3029

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-22-2010 06:24 AM      Profile for Snooty   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Does the christmas smurfs has to say 'Made in Portugal'?
I bought a few christmas smurfs, but it says 'made in china'. They were somewhat cheap, but could these be fakes?

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-22-2010 11:06 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Not all of them are made in Portugal, Snooty. Still, you'd better check and see if they have the specific markings.

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 7327 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Advertising Smurf
Baby Smurf
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply

Peazjelly
Smurf
Member # 3101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-22-2010 11:46 AM      Profile for Peazjelly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Snooty, the Christmas Smurfs are made in Portugal, Macau, Hong Kong and China.

Note that according to this message, Christmas Praying Smurfs (if they are real) are only made in Portugal.

Christmas Wreath Smurf - Made in Portugal

What makes you think your Smurfs are fake? Do they look or feel funny? Which ones did you get?

--------------------
__It's PeazJelly Time

Snooty
Smurfling
Member # 3029

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-23-2010 06:47 AM      Profile for Snooty   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Below is the smurfs I have:  -

Here is a smurf for sale. What do you think I should bid? Can someone see if it's a real one?  -

Peazjelly
Smurf
Member # 3101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-23-2010 09:44 AM      Profile for Peazjelly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Snooty, 5.1907 Christmas Smurf Riding a Candy Cane looks real to me. The words Made in Portugal are clear and readable so I think it's real.

It's "best" value is around $150.00 US but at auction you should be able to get it for less.

--------------------
__It's PeazJelly Time

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-23-2010 10:07 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I also think that the Candy Cane Smurf looks real. The gold cord looks appropriate and there aren't any rough seams.

Here is a photo of a fake version of the Candy Cane Smurf...

-
FAKE Candy Cane Smurf

You can see that the paint is slightly wrong - it has many little paint bubbles. But what is most obvious is that the seams are very rough - look at his fingertips, the top of his hat and on the curve of the candycane.

[Santa Smurf]

--------------------
Have a smurfy day!

Snooty
Smurfling
Member # 3029

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-23-2010 11:38 AM      Profile for Snooty   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Ok thanks. I will mail the seller what he/she wants for it.

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-23-2010 11:50 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I agree with Peazjelly and Sassette. Not only the Candy Cane Smurf you want has a good finish, but its markings on the left foot are perfectly visible.

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 7327 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Snooty
Smurfling
Member # 3029

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-23-2010 05:27 PM      Profile for Snooty   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Got a reply back. She wants 55 euros (including postage) for it. Not bad. And it says 'made in portugal'.
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-23-2010 06:04 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It sounds like a fair price to me! The Candy Cane Smurf will be a lovely smurf to add to your collection and perhaps on your Christmas tree over the holidays!

[Santa Smurf]

--------------------
Have a smurfy day!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

WE HAVE MANY MORE PICTURES OF SMURFS THAN JUST THIS!
If you're looking for pictures of Smurfs, then what you see above is just the beginning of what we have to offer! BlueBuddies.com has thousands of Smurf pics and thousands of smurfy items of interest. To check out the whole gallery visit our main page - click here!
Sign-up for the Smurfs BBS and get a smurfy avatar like this beside your name - click here!
BlueBuddies - Home of the Smurfs
Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2024 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.