Smurf at Last!         FUNKO SMURFS!      BUY CLASSIC SMURF FIGURE PACK
home | SMURF VALUE | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
»
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
| search messages | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum
| search messages | smurf community | faq |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Smurf Forum » 1961 Smurfs cartoon
Author Topic: 1961 Smurfs cartoon
Matthew Grisham
Blue Buddy
Member # 6579

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-28-2023 04:12 AM      Profile for Matthew Grisham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Les Schtroumpfs (AKA: The Smurfs in English) is a series of animated shorts produced by TVA Dupuis in the 1960s. The cartoons were animated using simple paper cutouts, resembling the animation of early television cartoons, like Crusader Rabbit. Only 9 of them were produced. There was no English dub made, so the series was only released in foriegn countries (including Belgium).

For years, it was overshadowed by the Magic Flute movie, the 1980s cartoon and further Smurfs media. And now for the first time in over 60 years, the very first 1960s Smurfs cartoon episode, "The Smurfnapper (Le voleur de Schtroumpf)".

Le voleur de Schtroumpf / The Smurfnapper [ENGLISH SUBS]

--------------------
MATT GRISHAM -- Merriam Woods, MO

Posts: 2547 | From: Merriam Woods, MO | Registered: Jan 2018
Matthew Grisham
Blue Buddy
Member # 6579

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-05-2023 08:15 PM      Profile for Matthew Grisham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here comes The Flying Smurf (Le Schtroumpf Volant).

Le Schtroumpf Volant / The Flying Smurf

--------------------

Advertising Smurf
Baby Smurf
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply

Smurfy1For2
Blue Believer
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-06-2023 08:01 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2  Smurfy1For2's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
So cool Matthew!

I've never heard of these old Smurf cartoons!!

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Masked Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 5040

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-08-2023 01:26 PM      Profile for Masked Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I was looking for this classic version thanks for sharing Matthew! [Wink] [Wink] [Happy Smurf]

--------------------
Every day is one Surprise!

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted 11-08-2023 04:19 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks a smurf for sharing these cool Smurf vintage cartoons, MG! [Big Grin]
Here's a video showing some tunes from this Smurf Dupuis series:

V'la Les Schtroumpfs! (1965)

“Here come the Smurfs!” is a vinyl record released in Belgium in 1965. The album was released to promote "Les Aventures des Schtroumpfs", which uses five episodes from the original 1961 television series. The record contains two songs (V'la Les Schtroumpfs and Schtroumpf Laïtou). Both songs were used as background music for the 1965 film and the 1961 series.

The songs were written by Peyo, R. Renerie and R. Sullon.

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 7327 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-11-2023 03:50 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Another episode got uploaded: "The Black Smurfs".

Les Schtroumpfs Noirs / The Black Smurfs

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-18-2023 12:11 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Another episode was uploaded, "The Egg And The Smurfs".

L'Oeuf Et Les Schtroumpfs / The Egg And The Smurfs

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

SomeGuy
Smurfling
Member # 7093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-21-2023 06:53 AM      Profile for SomeGuy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The animation is beyond terrible but the music more than makes up for it.

I love this series. A shame more wasn't made.

Matthew Grisham
Blue Buddy
Member # 6579

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-21-2023 10:17 AM      Profile for Matthew Grisham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Fun fact: The background artists at TVA Dupuis weren't able to capture Peyo's visually detailed backgrounds from the comics, so they decided to stylize the scenery, much like a UPA cartoon, due to budget restraints. For the "Magic Flute" movie, Belvision captured the look of Peyo's visually detailed backgrounds with lush watercolor paintings.

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-21-2023 04:47 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
So I found this style pretty cool, besides the jazz-like soundtrack. Although the animation appears to be "limited", I really think it's got a charm of its own just for that. [Wink]

--------------------

Matthew Grisham
Blue Buddy
Member # 6579

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-25-2023 04:07 PM      Profile for Matthew Grisham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Another Smurfs episode that was recently uploaded and then given English subs, "The Smurf and his Dragon".

--------------------

Blooper Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 8156

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-26-2023 01:07 AM      Profile for Blooper Smurf   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I agree, Squeaky!
It sure has its own charm! And the fact that it's actually made using cutout models for the characters, I can see why they worked hard making this cartoon.
Just imagine trying to make multiple drawings, and then cut the blank parts just make a cartoon.

You didn't expect to see me again, didn't ya?

--------------------
I'm a funny and friendly person who loves cartoons and comics, including The Smurfs series!
Currently working on an upcoming Smurfs story...

My Medias: https://www.deviantart.com/the-creative-sketchy
https://twitter.com/creativesketchy

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-26-2023 10:14 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Great to see you here again, Blooper! [Big Grin]
I also observed the animators made use of this technique, so I agree with you their effort was really worth it. [Wink]

--------------------

Smurfy1For2
Blue Believer
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-04-2023 06:54 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2  Smurfy1For2's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
These old episodes are great! I love your avatar Blooper!

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Masked Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 5040

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-03-2024 12:26 PM      Profile for Masked Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I love these old episodes produced in Belgium

--------------------
Every day is one Surprise!

Briii
Baby Smurf
Member # 9064

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 09-18-2024 04:21 PM      Profile for Briii   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Someone anyone PLEASE translate the v’la schtroumpf song PLEASE im begging you literally anyone please translate it!!!

Please translate the song v’la Les Schtroumpfs PLEASE!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

WE HAVE MANY MORE PICTURES OF SMURFS THAN JUST THIS!
If you're looking for pictures of Smurfs, then what you see above is just the beginning of what we have to offer! BlueBuddies.com has thousands of Smurf pics and thousands of smurfy items of interest. To check out the whole gallery visit our main page - click here!
Sign-up for the Smurfs BBS and get a smurfy avatar like this beside your name - click here!
BlueBuddies - Home of the Smurfs
Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2024 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.