Smurf at Last!         FUNKO SMURFS!      BUY CLASSIC SMURF FIGURE PACK
home | SMURF VALUE | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
»
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
| search messages | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum
| search messages | smurf community | faq |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Smurf Forum » foggy memory of Vanity... episode question
Author Topic: foggy memory of Vanity... episode question
Lithrael
Baby Smurf
Member # 1621

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted 02-18-2007 05:41 PM      Profile for Lithrael   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi! [Big Grin] Nice place you have here.

I have this vivid memory of an episode of Smurfs, and I'd love to finally pin it down. I'm wondering if it's maybe the third season episode, "Hats Off To Smurfs."

I remember Gargamel cursing some object with a spell with the line "turn blue into goo!"

And I remember Vanity being discovered in his house or something trying to avoid everyone cause his face had turned into some kind of art-deco looking thing?

I must have had to go to to school or something at that point because I never did see what happened next. Aie!

Anyway, I'd be thoroughly grateful for any help, or omg images or clips from the episode.

Thanks!

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-18-2007 08:27 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oh my goodness, yes, you are correct in your memory. Vanity wanted a new hat and Gargamel made one and cursed it. Vanity found it in the woods and put it on. Once he washed his face and got it wet that is when all the strange spots and things started growing on his face. I have this episode on tape and can make screen images or even capture the whole episode if no one else has it.
Advertising Smurf
Baby Smurf
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply

Lithrael
Baby Smurf
Member # 1621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 02-18-2007 08:53 PM      Profile for Lithrael   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oh, awesome! Thank you! I would certainly love to see a pic or two. And now that I know I have the right one in mind I can try to track it down.

Um.. Ehe... I wonder if you could tell me what happened? Poor Vanity is still stuck in my head all mutated an' stuff.

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-18-2007 09:45 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
They eventually got it off. They somehow made a larger version of the hat and got it onto Gargamel's head while it was filled with water and had the same thing happen to him. I think Papa Smurf came up with a cure and eventually gave Garagamel the cure.
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-19-2007 05:03 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Actually, Vanity's hat doesn't come off after he has taken the remedy cure for the hat's curse, but rather transforms itself into a normal white Smurf hat with Vanity's face returning to normal.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Lithrael
Baby Smurf
Member # 1621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 02-19-2007 10:31 AM      Profile for Lithrael   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Ah, closure. [Big Grin] Thank you so much!
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 02-19-2007 11:07 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Welcome Lithrael!

What a GREAT episode... Hats Off To Smurfs!

-
Vanity Smurf is bored and wants to try something new

-
Meanwhile... Gargamel has a little surprise for the Smurfs!

-
Vanity shows off his new discovery to Smurfette

-
That night, washing up for bed...

-
... Vanity gets more than he smurfed for...

-
And Gargamel is in for a "new look" of his own!

-
Looks like the surprise is on Gargamel...

-
And things (including Vanity) are back to normal in the Village!

--------------------
Have a smurfy day!

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-20-2007 04:44 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The thing I hated about the episode is Tailor's comment to Vanity for daring to suggest anything different from what he was offering for Smurf clothing: "Smurf clothes are white, traditional, and very distinguished, and that's that!" "Very distinguished" is hardly the word I would use for Smurf clothing that makes one look no different from any other male Smurf among the crowd.

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

G.I. Smurf
Baby Smurf
Member # 1591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 02-21-2007 05:18 AM      Profile for G.I. Smurf   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
thats just the thing vic, what made the smurfs the smurfs is that they all looked exactly alike, except for one lil difference that made each an individual. papa smurf was the eldest and he was the only on who got a different color, except for painter, which wasnt right. we cant say giving them the same cloths was a bad idea, it surely wasnt. look at how great the show was and is, it was later when they added more smurfs with different cloths that the show suffered. as an adult we might want more diversity, but these were simpler times and ment for kids. im wondering if anyone still watches the smurfs on boomerang? this one was on no more then two weeks ago.

--------------------
YOOooo Smurf!

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-08-2007 12:23 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi, everybody!

I just saw this on Boomerang, and really liked it a lot.

Thanks for the pictures, Sassette! [Cool]

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Posts: 963 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Feb 2006
Smurfy1For2
Blue Believer
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-14-2008 08:56 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2  Smurfy1For2's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I just watched this again. So there are two different episodes where Vanity turns ugly (the one where he wears a gold hat and the one he turns into a lizard)? Are there any others?

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-14-2008 10:45 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The other one was "A Loss Of Smurf" where Vanity turns into a blue Wartmonger.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

WE HAVE MANY MORE PICTURES OF SMURFS THAN JUST THIS!
If you're looking for pictures of Smurfs, then what you see above is just the beginning of what we have to offer! BlueBuddies.com has thousands of Smurf pics and thousands of smurfy items of interest. To check out the whole gallery visit our main page - click here!
Sign-up for the Smurfs BBS and get a smurfy avatar like this beside your name - click here!
BlueBuddies - Home of the Smurfs
Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2024 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.