Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie                     Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Off-Topic Forum » The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978)
Author Topic: The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978)
Archive Smurf
Baraduke Brainy / De-Evolution Smurf / Space Harrier Brainy / Oingo Boingo Smurf / ToonerSmurf Inc. / Smurfus Norsmurficus / Archive Smurf
Member # 2350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-29-2012 01:11 PM      Profile for Archive Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oh...my...god...

This movie is basically a holiday special based off the Star Wars name. Star Wars was an excellent trilogy that has spawned 6 movies from A New Hope (1977) to Revenge Of The Sith (2005), also an animated movie called Clone Wars. Apparently, one and a half year after Episode IV: A New Hope, a full-length 1 hour and 50 minute holiday special was made with the whole cast supporting it with a few special guest stars. Apparently, George Lucas claims he had nothing to do with this holiday special as it was totally a failed attempt to the Star Wars franchise. The only good parts of this film is that it was the first appearance of Boba Fett, there is an unreleased full version (with no intrusion, AND A MUSIC VIDEO!) of the song "Light The Sky On Fire" by Jefferson Starship and that is probably pretty much it. Albeit that it was Boba Fett's first appearance, his coolness does not even help the movie at all. I like Star Wars and Christmas, but mixing both does not work this time. This movie is epic fail and is basically a joke. However, it is so bad that it is actually hilarious. Especially the Chewbacca family where nothing can be translated and it's a lot of roaring and all that. It will be sure to drive everyone crazy. The film scores are usually decent, some are bad though. Otherwise, this movie is just awful...one of the worst in the Star Wars franchise. It is VERY LAUGHABLE to me though. If you want to watch this whole thing, go ahead on the YouTube link below but that is only if you dare yourself. Otherwise, I'd suggest scanning through clips of the movie instead to get an idea of how horrible it is because watching the whole thing might bore and irritate 99% of you all, my fellow smurfs.

Tabby Smurf
MrsHandySmurf
Member # 3715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-29-2012 04:00 PM      Profile for Tabby Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
COOL!!!

--------------------
Swag is for Boys, Class is for Ninja!!!

Posts: 619 | From: Handy Smurf/ MrsHandySmurf mushroom, Smurf Village | Registered: Jul 2011
Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-29-2012 04:13 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It was hardly a movie, but it was a really long special that was made to cash in on the Star Wars craze going on. I mean, nobody could stop watching the movie back then.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Smurfette
Smurfalicious
Member # 4140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-18-2012 11:15 AM      Profile for Smurfette   Author's Homepage  Smurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Ya, soooo awesome!

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-18-2012 11:39 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Speaking of Star Wars... Here's a blog featuring customized Smurf figurines. It's smurfingly cool! [Smile] [Smurfette] [Pirate Smurf] [GNAP!] [Viking Smurf] [Astro Smurf] [King Smurf] [Graduate Smurf]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4889 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Jokie Smurf
Jokie Smurf22 / Chloette / Elton John Smurf / My dog Padfoot
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-18-2012 12:07 PM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Wow, thanks for posting that Squeaky. Those are AWESOME! The one who made those is very talented. [Wink]

--------------------
When people say giving is better than receiving they are talking about me. Giving someone one of my exploding presents is WAY better than receiving one. ;)

Posts: 2871 | From: New Orleans, Louisiana, USA | Registered: Nov 2011
Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.