Smurf at Last!         FUNKO SMURFS!      BUY CLASSIC SMURF FIGURE PACK
home | SMURF VALUE | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
»
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
| search messages | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum
| search messages | smurf community | faq |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2    Next Page
Smurf Forum » The Smurfs are bald? (Page 1)
Author Topic: The Smurfs are bald?
Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-24-2006 01:49 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Since I was a little kid I always wondered what the Smurfs looked like with their hats off. I never noticed it before in these two episodes until I saw them again after I taped the reruns off of Cartoon Network four years ago.

In the snow beast episode while Hefty and Papa Smurf are running looking for glow berries they stop short and Hefty's hat flies up in the air and lands back down on his head. We clearly see that Hefty is bald, I paused the tape and used the slow step to see it frame by frame and it's clear.

In another episode where they have the drought and Vanity and Clumsy are looking for food Clumsy falls down a hole at the foot of a tree. The same thing happens as he falls, his hat flies up in the air and for a few frames we see his bald head.

There is another episode where all of the smurfs are wearing party hats showing a lot more of their heads than the white caps which clearly shows that they all must be bald.

There is another instance but I haven't seen this one, of Greedy taking off his hat to give a piece of pie to Papa Smurf that we was keeping under there. It revealed that he was also bald.

So, apparently all male smurfs are just naturally bald. The only smurfs who have visible hair are Smurfette and Sassette, who also both happen to have been created from Gargamel's potions. I can't say the same for Granny Smurf, though, because for some reason I missed the seasons that featured Granny Smurf so I don't really know what she looks like.

Interesting stuff, huh?

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-24-2006 05:45 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
In "The Smurfs and the Magic Flute", one Smurf tips his hat at a nest of birds. He is definitely bald.

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Posts: 963 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Feb 2006
Vega
Super Smurf
Member # 1321

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-25-2006 06:08 AM      Profile for Vega   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Yes that`s right, the Smurfs are bold. I haven`t paid much attention to this fact before too. Until i saw Hefty`s cap flying in the air, in the episode with a little dragon in it. I belive the title of it was St. Smurf and the dragon, but i am not quite sure. Anyway that was the first time when i saw what Smurfs got under their caps, bald heads.
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-25-2006 08:16 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
From what we see about Grandpa Smurf, the male Smurfs presumably have the reverse case of male pattern baldness -- that they start off bald and end up growing some head hair as they advance further into old age.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-25-2006 05:07 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Strange, isn't it? [Confused]

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Vega
Super Smurf
Member # 1321

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-30-2006 07:24 AM      Profile for Vega   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Yes, indeed it is. [Eek!]
henryperu77
Baby Smurf
Member # 1371

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted 04-03-2006 01:03 PM      Profile for henryperu77   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Season 2 episode: Gormandizing Greedy

-

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-03-2006 04:46 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
LOL! That's awesome. I love it. Thanks for posting that. [Big Grin]
Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-03-2006 04:46 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks, henryperu77!

I never saw this one before.

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-03-2006 04:55 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
One of my favorite scenes, BTW, showing television's Greedy as the shameless self-pilfering (given that he's the combination of the comicbook's Greedy and Baker all in one) food addict.

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Dyar
Baby Smurf
Member # 1355

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 04-04-2006 02:00 AM      Profile for Dyar   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I think the smurfs kind of look creepy without their hats on. I remember seeing this episode with Greedy without his hat and I think it scared me. I was worried that I would have nightmares from them on, about all of my smurfs removing their hats before attacking me.

I wonder if they would ever produce a figure without his hat on...like a smurf that is bowing with his hat in his hand or something. I think it would make an interesting figure to have in the collection.

Dyar

--------------------
Mrs Dyar says Mr Dyar is FREE to a good home.....a good home is actually quite negotiable.

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-04-2006 06:43 AM      Profile for Shaney Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It's not creepy for me, I think it's rather cute. It's too bad it's rare that we see a smurf without their hat on. They even go to bed with their hats on. Strange, no?
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-04-2006 06:46 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Most of my illustrated depictions of Sassette had her without a hat on, but instead wearing a pink ribbon with a single ponytail coming out of it (like the reversed flopped part of Slouchy's hat, perhaps).

--------------------

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-04-2006 04:58 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Those are very cool drawings, Vic George 2K6!

In "The Tallest Smurf", when Papa Smurf falls out of his bed, his hat falls off. You can see his head for a few seconds.

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-05-2006 08:49 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Cool Smurf:
Those are very cool drawings, Vic George 2K6!

In "The Tallest Smurf", when Papa Smurf falls out of his bed, his hat falls off. You can see his head for a few seconds.

Is Papa Smurf bald, too?
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-06-2006 05:16 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Yes, Papa Smurf is bald. In the original comicbook version of "The Purple Smurfs" -- which is "Blue Smurfs and Black Smurfs" -- Papa Smurf got infected with the tail-biting disease and had just turned black when his laboratory explodes, releasing a giant cloud of tuberose pollen that heals the entire village of the disease. In the comic panel immediately following the explosion, Papa Smurf in his diseased state sits on the ground with his head uncovered, showing his baldness.

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 05-19-2006 04:09 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Although she is not bald (hehehe), it's not often we get to see Smurfette without her hat on!

-
Smurfette takes her hat off!

[Smurfette]

--------------------
Have a smurfy day!

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-20-2006 07:30 AM      Profile for Cool Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I think Smurfette looks cool with or without her hat! [Smurfette]

Thanks, Sassette! [Vanity Smurf]

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Jokie Smurf
Jokie Smurf22 / Chloette / Elton John Smurf / My dog Padfoot
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-10-2011 07:15 AM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I agree cool smurf. I agree with what brainy smurf said in one episode "A smurf without a hat is not a smurf at all." Don't you all agree by seeing greedy without a hat and smurfette without a hat? I "think" brainy said that in the episode "Hats off to smurfs" but i'm not sure.

--------------------
When people say giving is better than receiving they are talking about me. Giving someone one of my exploding presents is WAY better than receiving one. ;)

Posts: 2871 | From: New Orleans, Louisiana, USA | Registered: Nov 2011
Animator Smurf
Sam Gamgee Smurf
Member # 3898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-10-2011 07:31 AM      Profile for Animator Smurf  Animator Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Also, there is a topic in the Forum called 'Fill in the Blank.' One of the pictures is of Papa Smurf swimming with his hat off...it looks kinda creepy... [Eek!]

--------------------
Metsu-Hadoken!

Posts: 1258 | From: Minas Tirith, Gondor | Registered: Sep 2011
Amy Sue Smurfette
Nurturer Smurf / The Odd Smurf
Member # 4050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-10-2011 08:28 AM      Profile for Amy Sue Smurfette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
i really think they're rather cute with and without their hats.

--------------------
we're all someone's little fangirl.

Posts: 903 | From: fah fah aweeey... | Registered: Oct 2011
Animator Smurf
Sam Gamgee Smurf
Member # 3898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-10-2011 08:51 AM      Profile for Animator Smurf  Animator Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
They do kind of look cute...cute and creepy... [Eek!]

--------------------
Metsu-Hadoken!

Posts: 1258 | From: Minas Tirith, Gondor | Registered: Sep 2011
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-10-2011 11:16 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Suddenly my head feels cold...
 -

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-10-2011 11:20 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hey, Papa, did you lose something?
 -

--------------------

Lazy Smurf
blue4ever
Member # 4138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-10-2011 11:37 AM      Profile for Lazy Smurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jokie Smurf22:
I agree cool smurf. I agree with what brainy smurf said in one episode "A smurf without a hat is not a smurf at all." Don't you all agree by seeing greedy without a hat and smurfette without a hat? I "think" brainy said that in the episode "Hats off to smurfs" but i'm not sure.

also vanity said it, on the episode where he gets a new yellow hat that gets stuck to his head. i don't remember what its called [Vanity Smurf]

--------------------
HELLO SMURFY WORLD!
(I'm blue4ever)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2    Next Page < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

WE HAVE MANY MORE PICTURES OF SMURFS THAN JUST THIS!
If you're looking for pictures of Smurfs, then what you see above is just the beginning of what we have to offer! BlueBuddies.com has thousands of Smurf pics and thousands of smurfy items of interest. To check out the whole gallery visit our main page - click here!
Sign-up for the Smurfs BBS and get a smurfy avatar like this beside your name - click here!
BlueBuddies - Home of the Smurfs
Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2024 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.