Click here to buy Smurf Halloween Costumes!
Smurf at Last!  
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM | WIKI
Smurfs 2 Movie  Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Off-Topic Forum » Riddles (Page 1)
Author Topic: Riddles
Cowgirl smurfette
Evil Smurfette / SPORTETTTE 2 / Country girl smurfette
Member # 4245

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-19-2012 01:30 PM      Profile for Cowgirl smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I have some riddles

A cowboy comes to town on Friday stays for three days and leaves on Friday how'd he do it

What follows you anywhere there's sun what am I

Say my name and I'm gone what am I

--------------------
I'm country girl smurfette

Cowgirl smurfette
Member # 4245

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-19-2012 01:35 PM      Profile for Cowgirl smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
This isn't really a riddle but funny this happened when I was little I did this

4 year old girl:hi mr would you like some money

Old man:well that would be helpful

Girl:well then get off you your butt and get a job lazy old deadbeat!

--------------------

Animator Smurf
Sam Gamgee Smurf
Member # 3898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-21-2012 09:28 AM      Profile for Animator Smurf  Animator Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I've got one: Thity White Horses on a red hill, first they stamp, then they champ, then they stand still. Chloette since you're reading the Hobbit you might be able to answer this.

--------------------
Metsu-Hadoken!

Posts: 1258 | From: Minas Tirith, Gondor | Registered: Sep 2011
Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-21-2012 10:37 AM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Teeth! Teeth it is, precious!

How about this one:

"A box without hinges, key, or lid, yet golden treasure inside is hid."

--------------------
"It is easy to pretend we are strong. It is much harder to admit we are weak. A true friend, by loving every part of us, teaches us to love our weaknesses."
~Quotation from Brainy Smurf

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RowenaZahnreiCrafts?ref=si_shop

Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-21-2012 10:39 AM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
And another puzzler:

What goes up a chimney down but won't go down a chimney up?

--------------------
"It is easy to pretend we are strong. It is much harder to admit we are weak. A true friend, by loving every part of us, teaches us to love our weaknesses."

Animator Smurf
Sam Gamgee Smurf
Member # 3898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-21-2012 10:55 AM      Profile for Animator Smurf  Animator Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The answer to the first one is Eggses! Eggses it is!

I'm not sure about the second one but here are some more...

Alive without breath,
As cold as death,
Never thirsty, ever drinking,
All in mail never clinking.

This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites stell;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

And the quoted answer to the one I asked before is; Chestnus my precious! Teeth! But me only has sixes!

--------------------
Metsu-Hadoken!

Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-21-2012 11:07 AM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The first one is FISH.

The second is one of my favorite riddles ever, because I study the answer every day: TIME! [Big Grin]

How about:

If you speak my name, I vanish. What am I?

and

I have streets but no pavement,
I have cities but no buildings,
I have forests but no trees,
I have rivers yet no water.
What am I?

[Confused]

--------------------

Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-21-2012 11:10 AM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oh--and I thought of another one!

What do you fill with empty hands?

--------------------

Animator Smurf
Sam Gamgee Smurf
Member # 3898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-21-2012 11:17 AM      Profile for Animator Smurf  Animator Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The first one is silence, and the second is a map.

What has roots as nobody sees,
Is taller than trees
Up, up it goes,
And yet never grows?

Voiceless it cries,
Wingless flutters,
Toothless bites,
Mouthless mutters.

--------------------
Metsu-Hadoken!

Animator Smurf
Sam Gamgee Smurf
Member # 3898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-21-2012 11:41 AM      Profile for Animator Smurf  Animator Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hearts is the answer to the other one.

--------------------
Metsu-Hadoken!

Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-21-2012 03:04 PM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Well, I was thinking of GLOVES, but I guess hearts works too! [Big Grin]

The answers to yours are MOUNTAIN and WIND.

Have you ever seen the animated Hobbit movie? They sang this riddle, and it used to scare me silly when I was little. Here it is:

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.

Here's a toughie:

I'm the beginning of eternity,
The end of time and space,
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place.
What am I?

--------------------

Jokie Smurf
Jokie Smurf22 / Chloette / Elton John Smurf / My dog Padfoot
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-21-2012 05:31 PM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I've been away for a while so I guess I'm to late to answer most of these. Here are some riddles that my dad told me:

There is a family stranded on an island. There is land a couple of miles away. The island only has a canoe. The canoe can only hold 200 pounds. Here are the family's weights:

Father - 150 lbs.
Mother - 142 lbs.
Brother - 56 lbs.
Sister - 67 lbs.
Dog - 5 lbs.

How can the whole family get across?

Here is one that had me stumped:

There are 4 men. They were wondering how much their salaries were combined. None of them wanted to tell anyone else how much their salary was. One man thought of a way. What is it?

--------------------
When people say giving is better than receiving they are talking about me. Giving someone one of my exploding presents is WAY better than receiving one. ;)

Posts: 2871 | From: New Orleans, Louisiana, USA | Registered: Nov 2011
Cowgirl smurfette
Member # 4245

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-21-2012 07:28 PM      Profile for Cowgirl smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Maybe they wrote it

--------------------

Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-22-2012 04:07 AM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
OK, these are tough, but I'll give 'em a shot. [Big Grin]

For the first one, the two kids and the dog could be in the canoe, and the two parents could swim alongside and hold onto the edge.

For the second one, they could pass around a standard calculator (not one of those fancy ones where you can see the whole equation). Each man would enter his salary, then plus 1. Their combined salary would be the result, minus 4.

--------------------

Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-22-2012 04:08 AM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
What can run but never walks,
Has a mouth but never talks,
Has a head but never weeps,
Has a bed but never sleeps?

--------------------

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-22-2012 05:34 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Rowena:
What can run but never walks,
Has a mouth but never talks,
Has a head but never weeps,
Has a bed but never sleeps?

A fountain head?

Water runs but never walks.
The head of the fountain is called the mouth.
Also known as a fountain head.
I can't get the bed part to work though.

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Sportette
Bakette
Member # 4102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-22-2012 06:55 AM      Profile for Sportette  Sportette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SPORTETTTE 2:
I have some riddles

A cowboy comes to town on Friday stays for three days and leaves on Friday how'd he do it

What follows you anywhere there's sun what am I

Say my name and I'm gone what am I

Answers

1:his horses name is Friday

2:your shadow

3:silence

--------------------
Seether karma and effect

Jokie Smurf
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-22-2012 07:49 AM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Rowena:
OK, these are tough, but I'll give 'em a shot. [Big Grin]

For the first one, the two kids and the dog could be in the canoe, and the two parents could swim alongside and hold onto the edge.

For the second one, they could pass around a standard calculator (not one of those fancy ones where you can see the whole equation). Each man would enter his salary, then plus 1. Their combined salary would be the result, minus 4.

Those are very similar to the answers my dad gave me. These are from a radio podcast that my dad listens to and here are the answers they gave him:

Riddle #1 (btw, I meant about 200 lbs. not exactly 200 lbs.)
The son goes with the father and drops him off. Then the son goes back and comes with the mother. Then the son comes back for the daughter and the dog.

Riddle #2
They get a calculator (like you said) but the guy enters 240 in the calculator and adds his salary. Then he hands it to the rest of the guys. They enter their salaries and hand it back to the first man. Then he subtracts 240 and gets the answer. You had the same basic idea Rowena. [Wink]

--------------------
When people say giving is better than receiving they are talking about me. Giving someone one of my exploding presents is WAY better than receiving one. ;)

Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-22-2012 01:50 PM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Gee, seems like that 56lb kid has an awful lot of rowing to do! LOL!
I'm relieved my answers were close. I gave it my best guess, but I wasn't sure. [Big Grin]

You're very close with "fountain head" Smurfy1For2. The answer is RIVER. [Scuba Smurf]

Here's a really old one. It's the riddle the Sphinx asked Oedipus (and anyone else who passed by Thebes. As the story goes, she strangled and ate anyone who couldn't answer...)

Which creature walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs in the evening?

And no one's guessed the chimney riddle yet, or the eternity one, so here they are again:

What am I?

[Confused]

--------------------

Animator Smurf
Sam Gamgee Smurf
Member # 3898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-24-2012 11:04 AM      Profile for Animator Smurf  Animator Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm not too sure about most of these but Rowena your two ones were Dark and the letter e. Yes I have seen the animated Hobbit and love it! I have to say I much prefer it to the animated LOTR though. The one thing I don't like about the animated Hobbit is the representation of Gollum though...

--------------------
Metsu-Hadoken!

Animator Smurf
Sam Gamgee Smurf
Member # 3898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-27-2012 12:33 PM      Profile for Animator Smurf  Animator Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Doo doo da doo doo da doo, schkidepidoo! doo da da doo doo da BORK BORK BORK! I like Swedish Chef. You put the chickee in da baskee...

--------------------
Metsu-Hadoken!

Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-27-2012 01:04 PM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Yep, you got it! [Big Grin]

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.

ANSWER: DARK

What am I?

ANSWER: THE LETTER 'E'

For the other ones, I'll just give the answers before they get lost in the thread.

Which creature walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs in the evening?

ANSWER: MAN

ANSWER: AN UMBRELLA

Here's a funny one:

A sign at a store says, "If you don't see what you want, you're in the right place." What does the store sell?

[P.S. (and Off Topic) The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings rules forever!!! [Big Grin] Have you seen the Faramir doll I made? I put a picture of him up here: http://bluebuddies.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/2767/4.html Faramir is my all-time favorite LOTR character. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] ]

--------------------

Jokie Smurf
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-28-2012 07:41 AM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I've got no idea Rowena.

--------------------

Animator Smurf
Sam Gamgee Smurf
Member # 3898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-29-2012 10:57 AM      Profile for Animator Smurf  Animator Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Wow that Faramir is smurftastic Rowena! e's one o my favouritist o LOTR characters too!

--------------------
Metsu-Hadoken!

Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-03-2012 06:01 AM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thank you very much! [Big Grin]

Here's the answer to the riddle:

A sign at a store says, "If you don't see what you want, you're in the right place." What does the store sell?

ANSWER: Eyeglasses! [Cool]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

SMURF PICTURES, SMURF WALLPAPER & SMURF ICONS - AND MUCH MORE!
Searching for Smurf pictures? What about Smurf wallpaper or Smurf icons? You can view our menu of thousands of Smurf pics and check out all of our Smurfs merchandise on the main page - click here!
WE HAVE MANY MORE PICTURES OF SMURFS THAN JUST THIS!
If you're looking for pictures of Smurfs, then what you see above is just the beginning of what we have to offer! BlueBuddies.com has thousands of Smurf pics and thousands of smurfy items of interest. To check out the whole gallery visit our main page - click here!
Sign-up for the Smurfs BBS and get a smurfy avatar like this beside your name - click here!
Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2014 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensors. Want to help make the site better? Then take our smurfy survey here!   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.