Click here to buy Smurf Halloween Costumes!
Smurf at Last!  
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM | WIKI
Smurfs 2 Movie  Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » Smurf Height?
Author Topic: Smurf Height?
reporter smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1107

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 07-18-2005 02:40 PM      Profile for reporter smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
If Smurfs are three apples tall, how can they live in mushrooms? What kind of mushroom is big enough to house a being about the size of a coke can? This has caused me a great deal of consternation over the last several days. Please help me!
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted 07-18-2005 09:15 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi reporter smurf!

You've smurfed quite the question - now you have me too thinking about how a 3-apple-high Smurf could possibly fit into a mushroom house!

Here is the actual Smurf size reference guide the animators used to make the Smurfs TV cartoon...

-
The Smurfs Size Reference Guide

It shows the size of Gargamel, Azrael and Scruple in reference to the size of Smurfs, Baby Smurf and the young Smurflings... but it doesn't show the Smurfs relative to their mushroom houses!

Please somebody help out - someone has to have an idea of how this is possible... inquiring Smurfs want to know!

Smurfing minds want to know,
Sassette

--------------------
I love playing Smurf Games!!!

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-19-2005 10:44 AM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hmm, I may have an idea. In the world of animation the characters are messured by the size of their heads. By the looks of it, Papa Smurf and the other adult smurfs are the same size as Scruple and almost the same as Gargamel's heads.

If we really wanted to get scientific, I would have to say that the adults are 3 to 4 inches tall. The smurflings would have to be 2 inches, and Baby would have to be 1 inch in lenght.

The mushroom houses are actually designed as disguises to trick anyone that just may be lucky enough to walk by the village. Each house is mostly made of wood. Either that, or they are magicaly shaped mushrooms, and Handy Smurf is able to turn each one into a house for each smurf to live in, lol.

Hope that helps.
Take care, and stay smurfy!
Raven Child.

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-20-2005 01:24 PM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Or maybe it's a type of foam made of mushrooms?

--------------------
-- VIC GEORGE, Westfield, MA, USA

Posts: 222 | From: Westfield, MA, USA | Registered: Jul 1999
Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-19-2006 04:22 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I have been wondering about this too.... They always looked like wood cottages to me, do the roofs really look like mushrooms to you? Are the houses just made to look like mushrooms?

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Vega
Smurf
Member # 1321

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-19-2006 07:04 AM      Profile for Vega       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
This one got me thinkig for a while too... and if the smurfs are really three apples high, those mushrooms have to be very big, or maybe those mushrooms are under influence of a spell which makes them look like a normal sized mushroom to an outsider, so that makes the village invisible. But for the smurfs they look pretty well enlarged so they can live inside them.
GottaLuvThemSmurfs
Smurfling
Member # 1616

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 10-20-2007 09:22 PM      Profile for GottaLuvThemSmurfs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
they are not really mushrooms. they are made out of stone and wood. as seen in many episodes, Handy is repairing the houses after they were destroyed, and it's been seen when he was painting. and how would they last through rain and snow and blazing heat? i think that they are mushrooms because that adds a little flair to the show. [Sassette Smurfling]

--------------------
Keep it Smurfy!

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-20-2007 09:36 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I have heard a few other people who are confused about this as well. Ever since I was little I always knew that these were houses that were BUILT to LOOK like mushrooms and are NOT actually real mushrooms. Real mushrooms could never be hollowed out and last long enough to be a house, even in the logistics of the cartoon world. These were only simply houses there were built in the shape of mushrooms, and fat looking mushrooms at that. Just take a look at the episode where Big Mouth was turned into a giant Smurf and was emulating Clumsy and belly flopping into Smurf houses. You can see the size in relation to Big Mouth and you can pretty much gauge the size of a Smurf house to one of us.

Hope this helps.

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-20-2007 11:16 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm just wondering...going back to this topic, that perhaps they choose 'mushroom' shape houses as camouflage to better protect their village from the average trespasser. Well, just a thought...

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-21-2007 05:47 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
To answer Raven Child, that's probably the reason. Of course, I'm still wondering about the actual acreage that their village occupies, since the land has to accommodate about 100 Smurf houses plus some similar-sized structures with enough walkway space. I'm still thinking about creating a map of what the Smurf Village might look like, since at present it's constantly depicted as being very disordered.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-21-2007 05:33 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I never thought of it as being camouflage, I always thought of it as more like a theme type of architecture since they are living in the forest. The way I see it is they are just keeping in the theme of their surroundings.

Vic, a map would be totally awesome. If you would like any help or insight please publicly post it here on the forum. Depending on the character's house we may be able to give our opinion of where we think their house is located in relation to the rest of the village. For example, in the Sweepy Smurf episode we briefly see Sweepy's house when Sassette brings Smurfette there to shake Sweepy's hand. From the looks of it Sweepy's house is located on the very outer edge of the village because we hardly see any houses near his in the wide shot other than one house in the distant right. Also, we see large blades of grass closely behind it, so it looks like Sweepy's house borders the village and the thick of the forest. Probably one side of the village that is hardly seen, if ever seen before, in the show. I don't know, that is the way I see it at least.

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-21-2007 10:53 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm guessing Vic, that the village could be 3 or 4 street blocks of today (needing to concider Farmer's garden, the Smurf dam, and the bridge they built. They probably live close to the ocean, in fact the river they built the dam on probably meets with the ocean. I look forward in seeing the map when it is completed [Wink]

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-22-2007 05:37 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm also considering where things are located in my EMPATH story series, like the clearing at the north end of the village that was used for stork landings as well as Handy's smurfplane, Tapper's tavern, the Imaginarium/meeting house, and Empath's house.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

SMURF PICTURES, SMURF WALLPAPER & SMURF ICONS - AND MUCH MORE!
Searching for Smurf pictures? What about Smurf wallpaper or Smurf icons? You can view our menu of thousands of Smurf pics and check out all of our Smurfs merchandise on the main page - click here!
WE HAVE MANY MORE PICTURES OF SMURFS THAN JUST THIS!
If you're looking for pictures of Smurfs, then what you see above is just the beginning of what we have to offer! BlueBuddies.com has thousands of Smurf pics and thousands of smurfy items of interest. To check out the whole gallery visit our main page - click here!
Sign-up for the Smurfs BBS and get a smurfy avatar like this beside your name - click here!
Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2014 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensors. Want to help make the site better? Then take our smurfy survey here!   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.