Smurf at Last!                         Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Off-Topic Forum » My near-death experience (aka the curse of being too short for your bike)
Author Topic: My near-death experience (aka the curse of being too short for your bike)
Ariel author of The Lost Smurfette
Smurf
Member # 5345

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted 05-23-2018 01:38 PM      Profile for Ariel author of The Lost Smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I don't know how to explain this, but here goes nothing....

An hour ago, I came home from the scariest bike ride of my entire life...

I left the house thinking I was going to just have a leisurely ride through the small neighborhood where I live... I've never seen the library here, so I thought I would go and see if I could find it. I remembered where I had seen it. So I cycled in that direction....

But my bike, which was a gift from my uncle over the last Christmas break, is far too tall for me. Such a problem makes it very difficult to get on and off of it without hurting myself... And it's even worse when I try to stop, as I tend to put my foot down until I can keep going...

But on this one, I can't reach the ground... So I usually just slow down enough to where I can see what's coming... Usually I manage to let the vehicle pass before I get to the stop sign... But this time, it was completely different...

I slowed down just enough to see that nobody else was going by. But I was halfway across the street when a white car zipped around the corner... Just inches away from the front wheel of my bike....

A couple of blocks later, I stopped to turn my bike around... But I tried to get on, and I almost fell off... This happened many times as I waddled homeward, bike between my legs... The heat was starting to get the best of me. I started to get a migraine, and I was getting frustrated with the fact that I could not get back on my bike properly... I was to the point where I was cursing my bike, cursing life, cursing myself and my short little legs... Finally, just two blocks from the street I live on, I managed to find a footrest to help me to get on my bike again... Once I got home, I will NEVER forget what happened to me today...

I'm still trying to get out of my state of shock.....

--------------------
I may not always have the answer, but when I do, I stick with it!
My fanfic: http://bluebuddies.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/3803.html
Submit art for the story:
http://bluebuddies.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/4000.html#000000

Posts: 1063 | From: Soul Searching... Somewhere in Florida, | Registered: Aug 2014
Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-25-2018 03:24 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oh my... [Eek!] Hoping you're feeling much better now!
But, would it be possible having your bike adapted? I mean, changing some parts to make it more comfortable for you and checking its breaks up?
Please let us know how you're doing when you can!

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4681 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

Smurf
Member # 5345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-25-2018 04:14 PM      Profile for Ariel author of The Lost Smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm doing much better now, Squeaky Smurf. Thank you for your concern. I told my mom about what happened. She said that we would try to get something figured out without hurting my uncle's feelings about getting me such a large bike.

What that would be, I don't know.

But I have sworn to myself, that I will NEVER ride my bike in the direction of the library again. I'll just get my aunt and uncle to take me there.

--------------------

Posts: 1063 | From: Soul Searching... Somewhere in Florida, | Registered: Aug 2014
Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-26-2018 11:17 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Nice to know. [Happy Smurf] Take good care!

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4681 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Smurf
Member # 5345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-26-2018 12:17 PM      Profile for Ariel author of The Lost Smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I will, thanks!

--------------------

Nikki-Smurfling
Smurf
Member # 5441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-16-2018 09:21 AM      Profile for Nikki-Smurfling  Nikki-Smurfling's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
My Smurfs, Ariel!

I hope you are better now. :3

This strongly reminds me of the incident a couple years ago that scared not only myself, but my entire family.

Sadly, it wasn't a bike, it was a truck. I was heading into the store and I suppose they didn't see me, most vehicles stop or at least slow down for crossing folk, but the truck didn't. I was knocked into the grass at least... According to my boyfriend, I was in the hospital for three days.
Luckily you didn't get hit. I hope no one ever has to deal with that my family went through.

--------------------
Life is short. Live it while you can, and live each day like your last.

Smurf
Member # 5345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-16-2018 10:28 AM      Profile for Ariel author of The Lost Smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Well, at least we both know to be more careful around the road

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.