Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie            Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | SMURF STORIES | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Off-Topic Forum » My Top 10 Wishlist for the MCU Spider-Man reboot
Author Topic: My Top 10 Wishlist for the MCU Spider-Man reboot
Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-27-2016 02:46 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Okay, take 2. In case you don't know, I'm a big Spider-Man fan and this is my Top 10 wishlist for the Spider-Man reboot:

10. Use the origin from the Japanese TV show

Many people say "screw origins" but I say no! Why? Because I want the new Peter Parker to have the origin of the Japanese Spider-Man from the Toei TV show. In it, Spider-Man is given his spider powers from a dying alien from the planet Spider and, to be honest, this Spidey is pretty badass! How badass? Let the Japanese theme song eplained:

Pretty badass, huh? This'll also be reference in "Captain America: Civil War" where he introduces himself as "an essamary from hell, Spider-Man"! In more intergalactic films like "Guardians of the Galaxy 2", I want them to reference the planet Spider. I mean, I want this version of Peter/Spidey to have the attitude and origin as the one from the Japanese TV show. Seeing a American-made Tokusatsu Spider-Man film on the big screen would be a dream come true.

9. Have James Cameron direct

We all know that James Cameron planned on making a Spider-Man movie himself and... I wish they went through with that idea. Okay, James Cameron has two scripts: one had Doc Ock as the villian played by Arnold Schwarzenegger while the second script had Electro and Sandman as the villians. To be honest, I want this reboot to have elements from both scripts with some new things added in. However, I want him to narrow down a bit since his Spidey film originall had some *** scenes. If he went with his original plans on making a Spider-Man movie, trailers will be something like this:

Now I'll pay to see that!

8. Reference "Spiders and Magic"

For those of you who don't know, "Spiders and Magic" is a Spider-Man/MLP crossover and my favourite MLP fan fic as it basically made me a brony in one way or another. If haven't read it, click here: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/9347/spiders-and-magic-rise-of-spidermane

Seeing how Meghan McCarthy tweeted on the theory that the ending to "A Canterlot Wedding" never happening, I want Marvel to do something similar by referencing "Spiders and Magic". I mainly want them to subtly references what Peter's going through in that story but I'll also accept pointing out the parallels between Loki and Discord as well as Peter saying that M.J is as "pretty as a princess", referencing both Twilight's princesshood (which I am okay with) as well as the fact that Twilight plays M.J's role in the story even going as far as giving birth to the story's version of May "Mayday Parker/Spider-Girl.

This'll be Marvel's subtle way of showing that they support the MLP fandom and seeing we just mentioned Spider-Girl...

7. Foreshadow the existence of Spider-Girl

Not only is Spider-Girl the daughter of the original Spider-Man, she is a total badass so foreshadowing her existence leaves the viewers with much to expect later on. One way being Spidey saying she'll name if he had a daughte,r he'll named her after his Aunt May as well as the stating that his descendants will inheriant his powers.

Something the might happen is when someone designs a female Spider-Man costume resembling May's own costume, Peter holds on to it for later therefore foreshadowing that May will wear it herself.

6. Use the first Superior Spider-Man costume

Okay even thought I am uncomfortable with Doc Ock being the new Spider-Man with his mind swapped with Peter, I do want to see Peter Parker while still in control of his body wear the first Superior Spider-Man costume. This costume is basically just the traditional Spider-Man costume just with a few minor tweets such as hi-tech eye pieces, his face webs making a slight angry brow as well as an "alien" nose, a retractable clow on the big toe of both feet which is more open up with a gap between the big toe nad the other toes, a more aggressive back spider with the front spider having little thingies sticking out of its head and, finally, black instead of purple.

I so want to see THAT costume on the big screen

5. Have a big misunderstanding between Spidey and Captain America

What do a mean by this? Well, I want Cap to start of seeing Spidey as he's protrayed in the Turkish film "3 Der Adam" which - spoiler alert - also features Captain America This'll be the stoy-arc between the two in "Captain America: Civil War" only to be ressolve when Spidey betrays Tony Stark/Iron Man and he and Cap team up.

This story-arc might bring up some subtle references two the conflict between Twilight and Sunset in the first "Equestria Girls" movie, mainly their confrontation in the dark hallway as another subtle way of showing Marvel's support.

4. Try A Cinematic Version Of The Clone Saga. Only, You Know, Make It Good.

And I know I'm copy-and-pasting of of What Culture but, to be honest, the reason why is because I agree! What they said is the following:

[QOUTE]
The mere mention of the words ‘The Clone Saga’ is enough to bring certain fans to a level of apoplectic rage. To say this storyline was controversial is something of an understatement and it is mostly considered as a creative low-point in Spider-Man history, a hopelessly convoluted and far too lengthy story with numerous plot holes and secrets dangled that ultimately led nowhere. So, why would we be suggesting The Clone Saga as a potential way to reboot Spidey on-screen?

Well, because the initial idea for the story is very cool. What if an exact duplicate of Peter Parker appeared, claiming that he was in fact the real Peter and the man that we had known all these years is actually a clone? This concept would make for a very strong film, with the theme of identity making for a dramatic core for the story.

Of course, the screenwriter would have to sift through all the unnecessary elements of the comic book story, and considering it lasted for over two years, with comics published every week across four Spider-titles, that makes for A LOT of material to be jettisoned.

But we definitely reckon it could work, perhaps by focussing on Peter and only two clones, Ben Reilly and Kaine. The general movie-going populace wouldn’t know a Clone Saga from a Knightfall epic, so the baggage associated with the story isn’t really there for the mainstream. Marvel would have to deal with a lot of angry geeks, we suppose, but isn’t that par for the course with these movies? [/QUOTE]

3. Make it an intergalactic adventure saga

One aspect of Japanese Spider-Man I also want to see is the Marveller, Spidey's spaceship. And one way it might work is if we make Spidey's adventures intergalactic. And this isn't something new as Spidey such as meeting a group of otherworldly being who also taken up his role.

Another thing I want him to see is meeting and later teaming up with the Guardians of the Galaxy as well as an interior look of the Marveller which we didn't see in the Japanese TV show besides the cockpit.

2. Reference the Marvel Mangaverse version of Spider-Man

To be honest, I like the Mangaverse version of Spider-Man! In it, Peter/Spidey is a member of a ninja clan known as the Spider-Clan with Uncle Ben as his sensei. This adds extra depth to his character as it was not just his uncle who was killed but his personal mentor. I also want people to point out that Spidey's fighting style and costume resembling the Spider-Clan's.

Another thing I want to reference is to have M.J find out Peter's secret idenity and train in the ways of the Spider-Clan, only to be hinted at becoming Spider-Girl in the sequel.

1. Have it be completely difference from the previous Sony incarnations

Yes, that's it. I also want no Pinkie Pie-like personality like they did in the "Ultimate Spider-Man" cartoons. No mind swaps between him and Doc Ock. I just want to be completely difference and amazing. No need explaining!

So, what do you think? What do you agree with me on? What do you think should be added? Please reply!

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 2 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Redneck Smurfette
Smurf
Member # 5521

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-28-2016 06:24 PM      Profile for Redneck Smurfette  Redneck Smurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I think that they should definitely use the origin from the Japanese TV show, reference "Spiders and magic", use the first Superior Spider Man costume, and reference the Marvel Mangaverse version of Spiderman.

--------------------
Man...An Irish-Redneck-Lass...You guys are in trouble!;)
"The Irish gave the Scottish bagpipes as a joke....The Scots haven't figured it out yet."

Posts: 823 | From: Ireland, doing and Irish dance probably... | Registered: Mar 2015
Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply

Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-01-2016 12:52 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Smurfette:
I think that they should definitely use the origin from the Japanese TV show, reference "Spiders and magic", use the first Superior Spider Man costume, and reference the Marvel Mangaverse version of Spiderman.

Explain your reasons?

Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-01-2016 09:09 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Also if you're wondering who would be my ideal cast for the MCU reboot of Spiderman? Well, I'll play ERod with his whole "Casting Couch" idea and start with...

THE VILLAINS

Seeing I want them to have the new Spiderman heavily influence by both the Japanese TV show and the Mangaverse, I'll start with the villains from the Japanese TV series - The Iron Cross Army and I'll start with it's leader... Professor Monster! Who I'll cast to play him?

-

Liam Neeson as Professor Monster

If you seen "Batman Begins", you know that Neeson can play a badass villain who would destroy an entire nation of people just to get what he wants and a has a personal agenda against the hero. Next up is her second-in-command and who do I cast to play Amazoness?

-

Minae Noji as Amazoness

Amazoness is basically the Marvel version of Karai and seeing how Minae did a spectacular job as Karai - as well as the fact that Karai getting recasted in the sequel for no reason - it make sense to cast her as Karai's Marvel equivalent. Now I won't be casting all the Machine BEM that Spidey's face since they are two many or the Ninders since they'll just be extras that just means that Bella and Rita are left and they're trickly. I'll let you decide. Now let's start with some traditional Spidey villains such as the Green Goblin and... I basically agree with ERod fan cast. Sure I didn't watch the films and TV show but I still agree but seeing I want Black Cat to be a teenager so I'll recast her but even that is tricky! Arnold Schwarzenegger will obviously play Doc Ock since I want James Cameron as my ideal director and the Green Goblin... well, that's also tricky! One villain I will cast though is the Lizard played by...

-

Sam Worthington! Seeing how he played a enabled but vicious character in "Avatar", who should he do the same in a Spiderman reboot. Next up is the heroes starting with Garia! Now Garia is a dying alien who calls upon a successor and gives them powers! I would cast the guy who played Abin Sur in the live-action "Green Lantern" movie but... seeing that movie was universally hated, it's tricky! The other good guys (both from the Toei TV series as well as those standard to the Spidey lore) as also so I'll leave the rest of the casting to you!

P.S. ERod, after you review the recent Fantastic Four reboot, you should do a "Casting Couch" for this!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2020 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.