Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie            Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | SMURF STORIES | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Off-Topic Forum » Smurf Bullying (Page 2)
Author Topic: Smurf Bullying
Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 01:14 PM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
You know, in my experience, Smurf bullying just gets weirder as you get older. In elementary school I tried to introduce the version of Smurf Tag I made up for me, my siblings and our neighborhood friends only to get picked on by kids who didn't really 'get' the show, or who had never watched it and just parroted third-hand opinions. Then, in high school I got the "Smurfs are evil communist brainwashers" spiel. After several years of rational debate on my part (I was actually intrigued by the argument) and repetitive sound bites on theirs I got sick of it and just said "They're a family, and Smurfette's adopted. She was created by Gargamel, she and the guy Smurfs are not related, so get over it!"

In college, I discovered Smurfs were suddenly 'cool'....and people thought it was cool that I liked them. I've even brought my crochet Smurf dolls to class (I'm a student and a tutor) and my students loved them! So, I guess Smurf Bullies are just another one of those annoyances smurfy people have to put up with until other people finally recognize just how smurfy they are, and how smurfy it is to be smurfy. LOL!

If you're interested, here's a link to the basics of the Communist Smurf debate: http://bluebuddies.com/help/communist_smurfs.htm

--------------------
"It is easy to pretend we are strong. It is much harder to admit we are weak. A true friend, by loving every part of us, teaches us to love our weaknesses."
~Quotation from Brainy Smurf

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RowenaZahnreiCrafts?ref=si_shop

Flashettesmurfette
Smurf
Member # 4419

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 02:24 PM      Profile for Flashettesmurfette  Flashettesmurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Now the boy thinks I HAVE to like Spongebob Squarepants! I HATE that show! [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
Smurfette rocks! Better believe it!

Flashettesmurfette
Smurf
Member # 4419

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 02:27 PM      Profile for Flashettesmurfette  Flashettesmurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by the supersmurfs:
listen Flashettesmurfette happens to me to how stupid and rude [Frown] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

Is it a boy named Mason? Oh! I gave away your name! Sorry Mason! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Happy Smurf]

--------------------

Flashettesmurfette
Smurf
Member # 4419

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 02:28 PM      Profile for Flashettesmurfette  Flashettesmurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Mason is such a bully! [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

--------------------

the supersmurfs
Smurf
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 02:42 PM      Profile for the supersmurfs  the supersmurfs's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Flashettesmurfette:
Mason is such a bully! [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

Mason's so funny but he bullys people today on the bus kids were sing Everybody's stupid execept me and you. That mean. Mason was also bullying me at school for my opinin [Frown] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Smurfette and Hefty love story

the supersmurfs
Smurf
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 02:45 PM      Profile for the supersmurfs  the supersmurfs's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Flashettesmurfette:
Now the boy thinks I HAVE to like Spongebob Squarepants! I HATE that show! [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Confused] [Confused]

Spoungebob is so stupid. We are'nt even aloud to watch that show in our house [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

--------------------

Smurfette
Smurfalicious
Member # 4140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 02:53 PM      Profile for Smurfette   Author's Homepage  Smurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Why's that?
the supersmurfs
Smurf
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 02:55 PM      Profile for the supersmurfs  the supersmurfs's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
My mom just made up that rule.

--------------------

Smurfette
Smurfalicious
Member # 4140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 02:57 PM      Profile for Smurfette   Author's Homepage  Smurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oh okay. I find his voice annoying sometimes. I mean I do watch the show but....
Flashettesmurfette
Smurf
Member # 4419

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 02:59 PM      Profile for Flashettesmurfette  Flashettesmurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
My mom just made up that rule.

I LOVE that rule! [Happy Smurf] [Big Grin] [Happy Smurf] [Big Grin]

--------------------

the supersmurfs
Smurf
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 03:48 PM      Profile for the supersmurfs  the supersmurfs's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
My sister ( Flashettesmurfette ) said to Mason that Spoungebob may have begun in a kitchen sink and he got mad at her!

--------------------

the supersmurfs
Smurf
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 03:50 PM      Profile for the supersmurfs  the supersmurfs's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
My sister ( Flashettesmurfette ) said to Mason that Spoungebob may have begun in a kitchen sink and he got mad at her!

what, it may have. I hate the voices too. The people may have been embarrassed. [Embarrassed]

--------------------

Amy Sue Smurfette
Nurturer Smurf / The Odd Smurf
Member # 4050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 04:47 PM      Profile for Amy Sue Smurfette   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
i'm not a huge fan of spongebob squarepants myself i mean he's kinda cute and the show is kinda funny but at the same time the whole thing is really kinda gross like when he made a sweater out of his own tears for someone and eyes popping out just all of that kind of thing that used to amuse me to no end when i was younger my great-grandma tried to keep me from watching it back then now she wouldn't have to because i just would rather not :-D

--------------------
we're all someone's little fangirl.

https://www.facebook.com/AmySuzySmurfyQ

Posts: 903 | From: fah fah aweeey... | Registered: Oct 2011
Jokie Smurf
Jokie Smurf22 / Chloette / Elton John Smurf / My dog Padfoot
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 05:01 PM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I love Spongebob!!!

--------------------
When people say giving is better than receiving they are talking about me. Giving someone one of my exploding presents is WAY better than receiving one. ;)

Posts: 2871 | From: New Orleans, Louisiana, USA | Registered: Nov 2011
Archive Smurf
Baraduke Brainy / De-Evolution Smurf / Space Harrier Brainy / Oingo Boingo Smurf / ToonerSmurf Inc. / Smurfus Norsmurficus / Archive Smurf
Member # 2350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 06:21 PM      Profile for Archive Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I do respect your opinions everyone, and for you Flashette I really do feel sad for you about what is going on.

I do like smurfs, although rarely anyone my gender and age like it....and strangely no one makes fun of me because of that lol

Maybe to destroy the bully, you can kick him in the butt or something but telling the principal is a great idea too.

DEAR ALL SPONGEBOB FANS: I used to like Spongebob when I was a little kid, nowadays when I got into the 70s/80s TV technology for animation and game shows... I don't really get into Spongebob anymore. Spongebob is an ok show for me though (especially HOOPLA). Other shows I like from the modern day are Big Bang Theory, and I think a few more lol

Oakley Smurf
Brainy Smurf Snaeha
Member # 2823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 07:03 PM      Profile for Oakley Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I also got Smurf Bullying before but they didn't do much to bullying me since I'm the only one in the class who knew The Smurfs inside out!
They pretty much in the smurfs fever back in December last year it only lasts about a month until they get back to talk too much about MMORPG again.
I do agreed on Archive though,I'm the only one who like smurfs forget about rarely,smurfs were pretty much
non-existent before it the movie landed in middle of major flooding in Thailand in mid of october.
Spongebob is actually the cartoon that only the rich family can watch since it's only available on Nickelodeon in Thailand and it's a la carte channel for an already expensive cable TV package.

--------------------
I'm Brainy Smurf's alter ego one that didn't wearing glasses...for now...
"Eyesight 200/20 but I always see what's on my mind"

Posts: 694 | From: Bangkok,Thailand | Registered: May 2009
Smurfette
Smurfalicious
Member # 4140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-24-2012 08:15 PM      Profile for Smurfette   Author's Homepage  Smurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Archive: I love BigBang!
Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-25-2012 12:18 AM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I can understand why people like Spongebob, but I've never liked that show myself.

"The Big Bang Theory," though... That show makes me really uncomfortable. My sister said I "had" to watch it because there's this one character who's "just like me" but then when I saw it, my initial reaction was one of hurt and anger rather than amusement. I felt like I was being mocked by a show that, instead of using its drawing power for good by explaining physics concepts in a fun, engaging, socially interactive way, uses stereotypes and over-generalizations for cheap laughs. I can understand its appeal, I can even understand my sister's comparison, since that character does seem to display many symptoms of Asperger's syndrome, but I don't like being compared to a narcissistic, condescending intellectual bully and I desperately hope that's not how my sister sees me.

--------------------
"It is easy to pretend we are strong. It is much harder to admit we are weak. A true friend, by loving every part of us, teaches us to love our weaknesses."

Jokie Smurf
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-25-2012 05:33 AM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
And my parents watch The Big Bang Theory but they don't allow me or Greedette to watch it. So I do not know anything about it.

--------------------
When people say giving is better than receiving they are talking about me. Giving someone one of my exploding presents is WAY better than receiving one. ;)

Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-25-2012 06:18 AM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
That's probably because "The Big Bang Theory" uses a lot of 'adult content' humor, which I think is another reason why it creeps me out instead of making me laugh.

I think "Malcolm in the Middle" is a very funny sitcom, and it's often quite clever and creative. And I love "Animaniacs" and "Pinky and the Brain"! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Jokie Smurf
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-25-2012 08:23 AM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Yeah, that's what my mom said.

I like TV shows like Smurfs, Wizards of Waverly Place, The Chew, American Idol, Good Eats, Hoarders, Confessions: Animal Hoarding, Frozen Planet, and Spongebob Squarepants. I think that's all of it.

--------------------

Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-25-2012 09:06 AM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I like The Smurfs because it's engaging on different levels, so viewers can grow up with the show rather than grow out of it. Kinda like Dr Seuss, The Little Prince, and The Phantom Tollbooth. And Star Trek. LOL!

--------------------

Jokie Smurf
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-25-2012 09:36 AM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Lol! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

the supersmurfs
Smurf
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-25-2012 01:36 PM      Profile for the supersmurfs  the supersmurfs's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Mason's sighed up for the friendship group teehee

--------------------

Flashettesmurfette
Smurf
Member # 4419

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-25-2012 01:41 PM      Profile for Flashettesmurfette  Flashettesmurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm not really sure if Mason was signed up.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2020 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.