Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie                     Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Off-Topic Forum » Songwriting
Author Topic: Songwriting
Jokie Smurf
Jokie Smurf22 / Chloette / Elton John Smurf / My dog Padfoot
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted 02-28-2012 10:10 PM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I wanna write a song, but I have no inspiration. I've never been in love, never broke up, and all of that love song stuff. I don't want to complain, but I need help. Does anyone have a topic that they think I could write a song about? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Also, I wrote a song and my sister thinks I squeezed too much into one song. I was thinking about splitting it into two songs. What do you think?

You can’t succeed if you don’t try

I was pretty young. Almost 11 years. I wanted to sing and loved to do it too.
Some people doubted me, they said I sounded terrible.
And they didn’t know that when they did I ran in my room and cried.
I always thought but never had the nerve to say:
You can’t succeed unless you try. How do you think humans learned how to fly? Please be supportive and pretty please let my dream take flight! Turn off the lights! Turn them back on! Can’t you see that Edison succeeded in making sure those light bulbs light up?
I am left, guitar on my lap. I don’t even know how to play. I’m just trying to make a song so people would know what I think. I look at my paper, it’s white as snow. Writers block. I just have nowhere in my mind to go.
You can’t succeed unless you try. How do you think humans learned how to survive?
Dream Shuttle taking off in 5-4-3-2-Never if I don’t try.
Turn off the lights! Turn them back on! Can’t you see that Edison succeeded in making sure those light bulbs light up?

You’ve gotta try to succeed……….
Kind of like planting the seed of dreams……….
And if…… you’re lucky…….. that seed…….will……...grow…..a tree.
You can’t succeed unless you try. You can’t make it, I can’t make it unless we try! Please be supportive and pretty please let my dream survive!
Pretty please let my dream survive.
How do you think humans learned to fly?
You can’t succeed unless you try.
So don’t be afraid to go out there and learn to fly!
To learn……How to………..Survive………

--------------------
When people say giving is better than receiving they are talking about me. Giving someone one of my exploding presents is WAY better than receiving one. ;)

Posts: 2871 | From: New Orleans, Louisiana, USA | Registered: Nov 2011
Jokie Smurf
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-28-2012 10:11 PM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
P.S. I like the chorus, I'm going to remember that.

--------------------
When people say giving is better than receiving they are talking about me. Giving someone one of my exploding presents is WAY better than receiving one. ;)

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

Jokie Smurf
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-28-2012 10:22 PM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I was thinking about doing one song called

Turn off The Lights:

Turn off the lights

When I was a little girl, I had a dream. I dreamed I was onstage with a microphone in my hand, crowd at my feet. I was singing a song with a catchy beat. Then I woke, offstage, no crowd, at my feet. I noticed it was just a dream. Ever since I had that dream, I’ve wanted to make it come true. I wanted to be onstage. I wanted a live audience cheering me on as I sing my song.
You can’t succeed unless you try. How do you think humans learned how to fly? Please be supportive and pretty please let my dream take flight! Turn off the lights! Turn them back on! Can’t you see that Edison succeeded in making sure those light bulbs light up?

I am left, guitar on my lap. I don’t even know how to play. I’m just trying to make a song so people would know what I think. I look at my paper, it’s white as snow. Writers block. I just have nowhere in my mind to go.
You can’t succeed unless you try. How do you think humans learned how to survive?
Dream Shuttle taking off in 5-4-3-2-Never if I don’t try.
Turn off the lights! Turn them back on! Can’t you see that Edison succeeded in making sure those light bulbs light up?

You’ve gotta try to succeed……….
Kind of like planting the seed of dreams……….
And if…… you’re lucky…….. that seed…….will……...grow…..a tree.
You can’t succeed unless you try. You can’t make it, I can’t make it unless we try! Please be supportive and pretty please let my dream survive!
Pretty please let my dream survive.
How do you think humans learned to fly?
You can’t succeed unless you try.
So don’t be afraid to go out there and learn to fly!
To learn……How to………..Survive………

--------------------

Smurfette
Smurfalicious
Member # 4140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-28-2012 10:44 PM      Profile for Smurfette   Author's Homepage  Smurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Can I use this on my album featuring you? (meaning we'll sing together) It's so inspirational!!
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-29-2012 03:43 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's my song for my EMPATH: The Luckiest Smurf fanfiction novel, "Of All The People".

You've got the good times, you've got the sunshine;
I've got the bad times and rain.
You've got the memories of how my life should be;
Misery's what rules my days.
I've got the blues before I even knew
The blues I had yet to see.
Of all the people living in this world,
Why does it have to be me?

So many years ago, I would have told them so
If I was given the choice
Of which roads in life to take, which mistakes to make,
But I wasn't given that voice.
Now I'm locked in this prison that you call my past
From which I will never be freed.

They say that life isn't fair,
But all I can say to that is I don't care.
It's so easy when you took from me
Those things I can't get back from you in time.
They say that time heals all wounds;
I'm still licking those that came from you,
And if there is any justice left in this world,
You'd better not leave me from your mind.

Someday I will forgive, simply live and let live;
For now I will never let go
Of how much I'm hurt inside from your foolish pride
And things I should never have known.
I don't know how I'll live on, knowing how much is gone,
The cost of my empathy.
Why does it have to be?
Why should it have to be?

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Jokie Smurf
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-29-2012 04:47 AM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
@Smurfette Sure, I'm glad you like the song.

@Vic George: I like the song. Very smurfy. [Smile]

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-29-2012 07:07 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It's not supposed to be a happy song. It's supposed to be a song where Empath laments the unfairness of his life compared to his fellow Smurfs. That song, along with the novel, was created as an expression for how I felt when I had to live apart from my family in residential schools.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Jokie Smurf
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted 02-29-2012 07:16 AM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Ok. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't live with your family. [Frown]

--------------------

Smurfette
Smurfalicious
Member # 4140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-29-2012 10:30 AM      Profile for Smurfette   Author's Homepage  Smurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Great! I can't wait to sing with you Chloette!
Jokie Smurf
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-07-2012 10:22 AM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here is my recording of me singing the song:

Click here to see my file!

--------------------

Jokie Smurf
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-07-2012 10:23 AM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It's not the best, I have allergies and that might have effected my voice.

--------------------

Smurfette
Smurfalicious
Member # 4140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-07-2012 10:39 AM      Profile for Smurfette   Author's Homepage  Smurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
That was great Chloette! Hopefully soon, I'll have the finished version up on here
Jokie Smurf
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-07-2012 10:45 AM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Ok. [Smile]

--------------------

Cowgirl smurfette
Evil Smurfette / SPORTETTTE 2 / Country girl smurfette
Member # 4245

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-07-2012 11:43 AM      Profile for Cowgirl smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I wrote a song before I wrote it when I was 8

--------------------
I'm country girl smurfette

Jokie Smurf
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-07-2012 11:47 AM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Cool.

--------------------

Smurfette
Smurfalicious
Member # 4140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-07-2012 11:56 AM      Profile for Smurfette   Author's Homepage  Smurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I've never written a song.....
Jokie Smurf
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-07-2012 01:35 PM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Ok.

--------------------

Cowgirl smurfette
Evil Smurfette / SPORTETTTE 2 / Country girl smurfette
Member # 4245

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-07-2012 02:52 PM      Profile for Cowgirl smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I just write songs about how I feel and who I am it's pretty easy doing it that way

--------------------
I'm country girl smurfette

Carnation
dogboo22 / Brunette / Greedette / President Smurfette / Summer Smurfette
Member # 4086

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-07-2012 04:10 PM      Profile for Carnation       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
yeah

--------------------
With a good attitude no one can bring you down - Carnation

Jokie Smurf
Member # 4119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-07-2012 04:10 PM      Profile for Jokie Smurf  Jokie Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I agree Country Girl Smurfette. [Wink]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.