Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie   HALLOWEEN      Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Off-Topic Forum » The music I am listening to tonight ... (Page 1)
Author Topic: The music I am listening to tonight ...
Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 03-07-2000 06:22 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The two CDs I am listening to tonight are:

Swedish Egil's 'Alternative Mix' from the Groove Radio series, featuring reprogrammed versions of Crystal Method's "Comin' Back" and Gus Gus' "Purple". Released 1999.

Slowdive's "Souvlaki", from 1994.

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted 03-13-2000 05:44 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm listening to an old favorite, Matthew Sweet's EP "The Ugly Truth", the very excellent "Rabbit in the Moon Remixes Volume 2" CD (which has a remix of Delerium's Euphoria), and Saint Etienne's "Tiger Bay".
Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted 03-19-2000 03:08 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm listening to Bjork's "All is Full of Love" remix CD (which, BTW, is a computer compatible "Enhanced CD"), and Front 242's "Off".
Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 03-21-2000 02:00 PM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm listening to February's "Tomorrow is Today", Recoil's "Unsound Methods", URB's "Urbal Beats" (well, just Portishead's "Sour Times"), and finally Morrissey's "World of Morrissey".

Today is a good day for music!

Papa Smurf

Vic Twenty George
unregistered

Icon 1 posted 04-04-2000 06:52 AM     's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The latest CD I have been listening to is the Xanadu motion picture soundtrack featuring Olivia Newton-John and Electric Light Orchestra. Back in 1980 it was a pretty cool musical movie with some excellent tunes whose only rival in this day and age, IMO, is Madonna's Ray Of Light album. Of course, my Christian friend is after me over listening to music that doesn't edify the Lord in any way, which unfortunately the Xanadu soundtrack happens to be -- just more "worldly music" that I need to pull myself away from.
Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-17-2002 10:00 PM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
What's been playing in your CD player lately? I've been mostly listening to John Elefante and a Christian praise-and-worship CD called Revival At Belfast. One of my favorite songs from that CD is "The Lion Of Judah", which the last church I went to played at various services, except that Robin Mark and his worship team on the CD do it better with that native Irish style.

--------------------
-- VIC GEORGE, Westfield, MA, USA

Posts: 222 | From: Westfield, MA, USA | Registered: Jul 1999
cutesmurfgrl
Smurf
Member # 195

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted 09-20-2002 08:29 PM      Profile for cutesmurfgrl   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
im listening to Avril Lavigne and Tsunami Bomb!!! PUNK ROCKERS ALL THE WAY!!!

--------------------
Smurf Ya Later!! love, Smurfette

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted 09-21-2002 01:57 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm listening to:

Chicane's "No Ordinary Morning" CD single, Lamb's "Gorecki" remixes, Vanessa Paradis' "Be my Baby" (penned by Lenny Kravitz in the 1980s), Belle & Sebastian's "I Don't Love Anyone", Cranes' "Leave Her to Heaven" (titled after a reasonably good book, by the way), Portishead's "Sour Times", Sarah McLachlan's "I Love You" (BT Mix), the Mulholland Drive soundtrack, Tindersticks' "Marbles", the whole "Plastic 6" compilation disc, and right at this exact moment - Doves' "Where we're calling from" track.

Next up - Elliott Smiths' "Between the Bars", a favorite song of mine, and particularly good at 1:57 AM.

[Smile]

--------------------
Uploading Smurf pictures to our servers is EASY - show the world your smurfy find in a message!

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 09-21-2002 02:00 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I forgot to mention this great Dynamite Hack remix I found, with a female vocalist for this particular version of "Anyway". Much better than the original version.

--------------------
Uploading Smurf pictures to our servers is EASY - show the world your smurfy find in a message!

Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-01-2002 08:52 AM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I've just burned two new compilation discs full of worship and inspiration music, titled Jesus Forever -- Hebrews 13:8, which is what I've been listening to.

--------------------

michellehl
Smurfling
Member # 230

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 11-01-2002 10:32 PM      Profile for michellehl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
My musical choice this evening is Bob Dylan....Highway 61 Revisited.

Michelle

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted 11-15-2002 04:57 PM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Tonight:

- The Smashing Pumpkins: 1991-2000 DVD
- Ministry - Psalm 69
- Fatboy Slim remixes from the Moulin Rogue Soundtrack ("Because We Can")
- Lamb's "M'Aidez"
- The Fall's "I'm So Green"
- Single Gun Theory's "I've Been Dying"
- Fiona Apple's "When the Pawn..."

--------------------

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted 11-15-2002 05:07 PM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Also,

-Ride's "Nowhere"
-The House of Love's "A Spy in the House of Love"
-Dead Can Dance's "Enigma of the Absolute"
-Mike Koglin's version of Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence"
-An almost inaudible fan-tape of Zwan live
-And finally, "Can't Get You out of My head" by Kylie...

--------------------

Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-23-2002 06:22 PM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Just transferred one of my favorite Christmas album tapes, Jon Anderson's "3 Ships" -- the Jon Anderson of Yes -- onto compact disk. The sound quality of the transfer is more like listening to it from the vynil album, but at least it's preserved onto compact disk. I like it because of its rather spacey-sounding version of the title song, "Three Ships", which makes me think of the Lord's first coming as more like Close Encounters Of The Third Kind or E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, and from that imagery I created a space station juxtaposed over a tree-like nebula design as one of my Christmas card designs. I also created a video for one of its songs, "Save All Your Love", for a Video Production class 10 years ago.

--------------------

Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-27-2002 08:47 AM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
"Create In Me A Clean Heart" and "Rushing Wind" by Keith Green
"Come Heal This Land" by Robin Mark
"Crush Your Idols" by Nathan Nockels & Charlie Hall
"I Will Go" from the Passion worship CD
"Holy Of Holies" by Vineyard
"Let Your Kingdom Come" and "Glory Come Down" by Jason Upton
"Faithful God" by Kent Henry
"Surrender" by Burn UK
"Look What You've Done For Me" by Tree 63
"Great Are You" and "Calmer Of The Storm" by Downhere
"Once Again" by Matt Redman

These are all Christian praise and worship music that I have DLed from a website called HungryForJesus.com.

I also got Worship For Men, which my dad gave to me as a Christmas present.

--------------------

Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-30-2002 09:59 AM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
"Run To You" by Goodbye Audio (excellent electronica intro)
"I Want To Be Holy" by John Pape
"Increase In Me" by Michael Dickson
"Have Thine Own Way" by Morrison Street Band
"Always (In My Heart)" by Kevin Wayne Smith Worship Project
"You Amaze Me" by Michael Erwin
"Artist Of The Unknown" by Julian David Bryson and Stephanie Cate (about God being the ultimate artist!)
"With All That I Am" by Stephen Briggs
"Lay It Down" and "Greater Than Life" by Shoreline Calvary Chapel
"Your Soldier" by Isaiah Six (comparable to George Michael on softer tunes)
"Ancient Of Days" by Six Days From Sunday (rocks!)
"The Lord Reigns" by Eric Gwin (mostly acapella)
"Lord Of The Dance" by Rick Massey (fun song to listen to!)
"Song Of My Heart" by Addison
"No Fear" by Hal Vondenstein
"Right Here, Right Now" by Lydell Washington

--------------------

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted 01-05-2003 03:42 PM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
DOT ALLISON

--------------------

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted 01-05-2003 01:29 PM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Specifically, I'm listening to the song "Strung Out" over and over again...

That and "We're only Science", along with the beautiful "You Can Be Replaced".

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 01-06-2003 06:56 PM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
ELLIOT SMITH

happiness: "what I used to be will pass away and then you'll see that all I want now is happiness for you and me"

--------------------

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 03-04-2003 11:50 PM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
BT's "Lullaby for Gaia"

Mint Royale's "Shake Me"

Coldplay's "Yellow"

Hooverphonics' "Phonicsea", "Out of Sight"

--------------------

Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-05-2003 06:42 AM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Mostly just more praise and worship music DLed from the Internet. I haven't bought any more music discs seeing that I'm trying to avoid redundant material like the new Worship Together disc set, and also the K-Mart in my town is going out of business which means I have to hike it all the way to the nearest Walmart in order to shop locally for new music.

--------------------

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 03-21-2003 08:40 PM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I've been listening to an old The Cure song, "Friday I'm in Love".

--------------------

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 03-21-2003 08:56 PM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
From 2001's music bin:

Foggy's "Come (into my dreams)" (radio edit)

&

Plex Vs. Frank Kunne's "No Way Without You" (original club mix)

&

Airheadz' "Stanley (Here I am)" (wippenberg short mix)

--------------------

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 04-03-2003 10:16 PM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The Moulin Rouge soundtrack, also:

Belle & Sebastian - Waiting for the Moon to Rise

--------------------

Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-04-2003 05:32 PM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Trying to think of songs for a soundtrack to the upcoming LEFT BEHIND book Armageddon
Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.