Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie         ADVENT            Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » "The Enchanted Evergreen" -- the full story
Author Topic: "The Enchanted Evergreen" -- the full story
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-04-2019 04:14 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
From one of my Christmas story adaptations from the EMPATH: The Luckiest Smurf story series, here is "The Enchanted Evergreen", which is based on the comic book story "The Smurfs And The Little Tree".
-----
Chapter 1

Empath's personal journal.
This Christmas is going to be the first one that Polaris Psyche has ever actually experienced since he has been exiled from Psychelia. This smurf is glad to have Polaris be among us, for he has always wondered what an actual Christmas celebration was like for us, given that the Psyches do not celebrate any holidays due to the Psyche Master's influence over the Psyches. Of course, the Smurfs never really knew anything about Christmas until our first encounter with actual humans outside the forest, when Johan and Peewit introduced the holiday to the Smurfs during one of their encounters. Until that time, the Smurfs have always celebrated the Winter Solstice, which happens about four days before Christmas, but nevertheless the celebrations of the two different holidays aren't all that different from each other. We still decorate an evergreen tree with ornaments, we still sing carols about the holiday season, we still eat festive foods such as candy canes, gingerbread cookies, and fruit cake, the last of which Hefty eats like it's going out of style. And last of all, we still give and receive presents from each other, though there are still a few Smurfs that believe in the legend of Santa Smurf, a Smurf who lives in a mushroom house all by himself to make presents for good little Smurfs to bring them to their houses on the night before the Winter Solstice.
This smurf has decided to take Polaris out into the forest with Timber so that we can find a good tree that we can cut down and use for our Christmas tree in the center of the village. Papa Smurf, who is busy with his own things this year, has decided to leave Hefty in charge of the village to keep things going peacefully while Brainy is busy with his studies as a sorcerer's apprentice. This smurf can only hope for the best with Papa Smurf, since this smurf cannot seem to get a grasp of what's going on with him at this time of the year.

Empath woke up on a bright snowy December morning, feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day ahead of him. He looked out at the village as it was getting itself ready to celebrate Christmas by putting up decorations and garlands all over. It was a pleasing sight to behold at this time of the year instead of having to see what he normally saw in Psychelia, which was everybody just getting up and going through the motions of the day without much conversation with each other.
He got dressed up in his Psychelian bodysuit, feeling how snug the thin fabric suit was on his body, and then went downstairs to see that Polaris was already awakened from sleep, putting on the same clothes that Empath was wearing. "Salutations, fellow Polaris," Empath greeted pleasantly.
"Salutations, fellow Empath," Polaris greeted back dispassionately. "This one suspects that we will need to wear our bodysuits to go out into this weather again as usual."
"It's not that this smurf has to, Polaris, given how the Smurfs normally dress during the winter," Empath said. "But this smurf just doesn't feel comfortable walking around in only a hat and pants, even if this smurf can't feel much of the cold as it hits this smurf's body."
"So what is our itenerary for the day, Empath?" Polaris asked.
"Well, you and this smurf are supposed to meet up with Timber so we can go out into the forest to cut down a Christmas tree for the holiday season," Empath answered. "Hefty should keep things under control for the day while we go and accomplish this task together."
"So we're cutting down a tree for the sake of celebrating a holiday, and then it will be disposed of when the holiday season is finished," Polaris said. "This one does not see the point in this ritualistic exercise that we're engaging in."
"Winter is usually a time when creatures go to hibernate or fly south to warmer climates, Polaris, and that's when things are lying dormant under the blanket of snow and coldness," Empath explained. "This is where the Smurfs celebrate the meaning of life even when things seem bleak and hopeless in a frozen landscape. Tapper himself says that it's the time when God sent hope into the world through the birth of a Savior, born to a poor couple in a dirty stable on a night that probably wasn't as cold as it is here."
"This one would be interested to know more about what Tapper puts his faith in, Empath," Polaris said. "For now, though, this one would rather focus most of this one's attention on becoming familiar with the everyday activities of the Smurfs, however distasteful some of them might be to this one."
Empath sighed. "That's your choice, Polaris. This smurf will stand by your decisions and let you choose what you want to do here as long as it doesn't hurt anyone."
They both left the house together, only to suddenly run into Smurfette, who was holding Baby Smurf. "Hello, Empath," she said as she greeted him with a kiss. "Hello, Polaris," she said, also greeting Polaris with a kiss.
"Salutations, fellow Smurfette," Polaris greeted back. "It is rather unusual for you to greet this one with a kiss, given who you would normally greet in such fashion."
"Polaris, look up above you," Empath hinted.
Polaris looked and saw a sprig of a plant hanging above their door. "It appears to be some mistletoe that is hanging over us, Empath," he observed.
"Surprise!" Smurfette exclaimed. "I just smurfed it above Empath's door last night while the two of you were sleeping. I hope you didn't mind what I smurfed."
"This smurf isn't offended, Smurfette," Empath said, still smiling. "But this smurf thinks you put some color in Polaris' cheeks when you kissed him."
Polaris looked sideways at Empath. "What do you mean, she 'put color in this one's cheeks', Empath?" Polaris asked.
Empath sighed. "Never mind, this smurf will tell you later."
"So are you boys going to help Timber smurf a very big Christmas tree for our village this year?" Smurfette asked.
"That's what we're planning to do, Smurfette," Empath replied. "You're going to help decorate the tree once we get it set up in place?"
"You bet I will, Empath," Smurfette said. "When we're finished, it's going to smurf like the best Christmas tree that we ever had smurfing in our village since I first helped smurf one years ago."
"This one is honored to help you celebrate the season in a manner that befits how you Smurfs normally celebrate it, Smurfette," Polaris said.
"I'm sure it's going to be a very smurfy first Christmas for you, Polaris," Smurfette said. "I'll smurf the both of you later."
"Bye, Smurfs," Baby Smurf said as both he and Smurfette watched Empath and Polaris walk off together.

Tapper was outside his tavern sweeping away the snow from the entrance when he saw Empath and Polaris walking by. "Smurf o' the morning to you, Empath and Polaris," he greeted pleasantly. "'Tis a wonderful white wintry day that we're smurfing long before the day of the Winter Solstice, isn't it?"
"It certainly is, Tapper," Empath said. "We can't wait to see what kind of tree Timber's going to pick for the village square this year."
"I'm certain that the tree will be beautiful, and it will be well smurfed for as long as it remains smurfing in the village square, my friend," Tapper said.
"This one senses that you're not quite as fond of evergreen trees being used for such a celebration as you used to be when the Smurfs were originally celebrating the Winter Solstice, fellow Tapper," Polaris noted.
"Things have changed with me since I have been smurfing with the Almighty, Polaris," Tapper said. "In recent years I have been smurfing the evergreen tree as a wrong symbol to celebrate the birth of our dear Lord and Savior, which is why I refuse to decorate my tavern with any green wreaths or small evergreens in it."
"That's a real shame, Tapper, since this smurf actually liked your tavern when it had such decorations in them," Empath said. "But that's what your Almighty has convicted you about, then this smurf isn't going to make much of a big issue about it."
"Just what is it that you even decorate your tavern with to celebrate this season, Tapper?" Polaris asked.
"Just smurf inside my tavern and I will show you," Tapper invited.
Empath and Polaris stamped their feet outside the door to shake off the snow before they entered. Inside, they both saw on a table a miniature stable with small human and animal figures that were carved and painted.
"This is what's called a Nativity scene," Tapper explained. "The baby in the manger is Jesus, the two adult figures around the manger is Mary His mother and Joseph His foster father, and surrounding them are shepherds and the three Wise Men who smurfed to Bethlehem about a year later to smurf their gifts to the newborn King."
"Fascinating," Polaris said as he looked at the Nativity scene in great detail. "So your religion centers around a child that has been born into the world to become its savior."
"He can become your Savior and Empath's, if you are willing to smurf your faith in the fact that He smurfed into the world to smurf a sinless life and then smurfed His blood upon the cross to forgive your sins and then smurfed from the grave three days later to smurf us everlasting life," Tapper said.
"Well, this smurf finds it interesting, even though this smurf is not yet ready to make such a commitment of faith, Tapper," Empath said.
"And this one is still devoted to worshiping the Great Ancestors of Psychelia," Polaris said.
"Whether you two are ready or not, I will still be praying for you, that your eyes will be opened and your heart will be ready to receive the good news," Tapper said.
"We won't stop you from praying, Tapper, even if most Smurfs would rather devote their lives to Mother Nature," Empath said.
"When did you Smurfs stop celebrating the Winter Solstice in favor of Christmas, Tapper?" Polaris asked.
"It was that first winter when we smurfed again into those two humans, Johan and Peewit, after they have visited us the first time to smurf after the magic flute," Tapper answered. "Not that we haven't smurfed of Christmas before then, but most Smurfs weren't willing to change holiday celebrations, even if it is only a few days' difference between them."
"Whatever the difference is, this smurf is glad to be home to celebrate it year after year instead of just every ten years like it used to be, Tapper," Empath said.
"We really need to get ourselves to Timber's house so we can get started with our Christmas task, Tapper," Polaris said.
"Ah, don't mind me...I have no intention of smurfing you two from your task for the day," Tapper said. "I'll be smurfing the both of you later on, if you're interested in smurfing in for some warmth and a hot beverage."
"That's what this smurf will do, Tapper," Empath said, as he and Polaris got up and headed for the door. "Thanks for showing us your Nativity scene."
"May the luck of the Smurfish be with you," Tapper said as he watched them depart.

Soon Empath, Polaris, and Timber were walking together out in the forest with Puppy hitched up to a sled that they were using to carry the tree back to the village. Timber was whistling the Smurf song while Empath and Polaris walked along silently, with Empath enjoying the walk and Polaris just quietly observing everything he was witnessing.
"So how long have the Smurfs been cutting down trees to celebrate the holiday season, fellow Timber?" Polaris asked.
"Ever since the Smurfs started smurfing in this forest, Polaris," Timber answered. "I usually like to smurf the biggest tree that I can smurf, though every time I smurf down a tree, I feel a bit of sorrow because it means that a tree's life has ended. So I plant a new tree to smurf the place of an old one to honor the life of the tree, to make sure that it hasn't been smurfed down in vain."
"This one knows your people have such veneration for nature, but this one would not begin to imagine how much you care for what the Psyches would consider dead inanimate material," Polaris said.
"A tree is never really dead to me," Timber said a bit defensively. "That's what makes my job as a lumbersmurf so hard to smurf at times, realizing that this is what Mother Nature has smurfed in the ground to become food and shelter for the animals as well as protection for us, for who knows what would become of us if all the humans knew where our village is located?"
"But all the same, where would us Smurfs be if trees didn't provide us with the wood that we need for our furniture, our paper, and our kindling?" Empath said. "Handy and Carpenter would be out of their jobs if there weren't any trees left in the forest for them to have the materials they need. And what would Brainy use to write his vast library of books with if there wasn't any paper?"
"I wouldn't miss Brainy's books if there was no paper for him to smurf his writings on, Empath," Timber jested. They soon came to a stop when Timber motioned them to stop as they came across a big evergreen tree in their travels. "Now this definitely smurfs like the right tree for our village. All right, Smurfs, let's get our axe ready and smurf this thing down gently so we can carry it back with us."
"Are you certain you are able to cut this tree down by yourself, Timber?" Polaris asked as Timber went to the sled to get his axe.
"Don't worry about me, Polaris," Timber said. "I've smurfed years of experience with these sort of trees, so I know what I'm smurfing. You and Empath just be ready to smurf it when it comes smurfing down, you hear?"
"We'll be ready for it, Timber," Empath said, standing by and watching as Timber headed for the trunk of the tree and started hacking away.
It took about a minute or so of waiting, but soon Empath and Polaris could hear the final hack that caused the tree to start falling. "TIMBER!" Timber yelled.
Empath and Polaris both concentrated their mind powers together to slow the fall of the evergreen as it fell in their direction. The tree hovered about a foot from the ground, and then it was levitated to the sled where it was laid down, ready to be secured with rope.
"Perfect!" Timber said, sounding pleased. "I knew that I could smurf on the both of you to smurf this thing down and smurf it on the sled to smurf it back home."
"This one is honored to assist you, Timber," Polaris said.

As Puppy hauled the Christmas tree back to the village, Polaris was talking to Timber about something that was on his mind.
"This one has heard about the time when you Smurfs had lost your parents due to an outbreak that spread among the adult Smurfs about a hundred years ago," Polaris said. "How did you manage to get through that time when there was just Papa Smurf as your only parent and guardian?"
"It wasn't the easiest time for us back then, Polaris," Timber said. "We didn't smurf much hope in Papa Smurf since he was just one Smurf watching over all of us, and we were much more than even he could handle by himself. His patience was smurfed to no end by the various things we were smurfing wrong, and it smurfed like nothing ever pleased him. But I think he was most angry with himself, because most nights he was smurfing himself to sleep, thinking he was a complete failure."
"This one would not envy the experience you and your fellow Smurfs had to go through, especially during a season like this," Polaris said.
"Hmmm, that first Winter Solstice without our parents was really hard, but we tried our best to smurf up each other's spirits," Timber said. "Even though I was still too young to be smurfing out into the forest by myself as a young lumbersmurf, I thought our village could smurf a good Solstice tree to brighten things up. And that was when I smurfed somebody in a much worse situation than I was in at the time."
"Who was it that you found in the forest at that time?" Polaris asked.
"It wasn't a who, it was a what...or at least it was a what when I first found it, Polaris," Timber answered. "It was an enchanted evergreen that was originally an elf that an evil witch had smurfed into a tree. And it had a sister that was smurfing over it in the hopes that it would be free of the spell that cursed it."
"This one would be interested to hear the entire story of how you came across this enchanted evergreen in your forest, Timber," Polaris requested.
"Well, here's the whole story smurfed from the beginning...," Timber said.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-04-2019 04:15 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 2

As Timber's story began, Polaris began to see into Timber's mind the events that unfolded in the time period of the story. He watched as Papa Smurf had summoned every Smurf together around the speaking mushroom for one of his annoucements. Most of the Smurfs looked rather uneasy as Papa Smurf stood on top of the mushroom to speak.
"My little Smurfs, as you all know, the Winter Solstice will be smurfing upon us this year," Papa Smurf said. "I know that we're all still suffering without our parent Smurfs being here with us to celebrate it together, but the most important thing is that we still have each other, and as long as we have that, we will still be a family."
"So what do you want us to do, Papa Smurf?" one of the Smurfs bravely asked.
"We're still going to celebrate the Winter Solstice in memory of those who have passed away," Papa Smurf answered. "Greedy, I want you and your kitchen team to smurf the best Solstice meal that you can ever smurf. Maybe that will help ease the burden of what we're all feeling this time of year."
"I'll smurf my best, Papa Smurf," Greedy said.
"And I'll smurf whatever help Greedy needs with the drinks," Tapper offered.
"But what are we going to smurf with presents, Papa Smurf?" one Smurf asked.
"Yeah, it just isn't the Winter Solstice without presents," another Smurf said.
"I hate smurfing the Winter Solstice without presents," Grouchy said.
And many other voices raised up the same complaint until Papa Smurf silenced them. "I know, I know, your parent Smurfs were the ones who smurfed you new presents every year, but this is the year you're going to have to start smurfing presents of your own to each other. It's going to be hard at first, but you're going to smurf used to it in time and things will smurf a bit easier when you realize that giving is much better than receiving."
"I would certainly want to smurf some toys for my fellow Smurfs," Handy said.
"And I would want to smurf my best poems for my fellow Smurfs," Poet said.
"And I would want to smurf my best masteurpiesas for my fellow Smurfs," Painter said.
"And I would want to smurf my best music for my fellow Smurfs," Harmony said, blowing an off-tune melody with his horn that made his fellow Smurfs groan and cover their ears.
"And I would want to smurf my hand at writing the best book that my fellow Smurfs can read during this holiday season," Brainy said.
"I hate reading Brainy's books," Grouchy said.
"I'm sure that with all your own talents, you will smurf this the best Winter Solstice that we ever smurfed, and that I'm sure your parent Smurfs would be very proud of you for," Papa Smurf said.
"But we're going to need a Solstice tree to decorate, Papa Smurf," one of the Smurfs pointed out.
"Yeah, it just isn't the Winter Solstice without a tree," another Smurf said.
"I hate Winter Solstices without a tree," Grouchy said.
And many other voices raised up the same complaint until Papa Smurf silenced them. "I know, I know, and I would like to smurf out a team of Smurfs that will help Timber smurf down the best tree that he can smurf and smurf it back here so we can smurf it up and decorate. Hefty, Duncan, would you be able to help Timber with this smurfticular task?"
"Me smurf with Gutsy?" Hefty said, sounding greatly displeased. "Like you couldn't smurf me with someone else, Papa Smurf?"
"What's wrong with you, laddie?" Duncan said. "You can't smurf up smurfing with a true Smurfsman around here?"
"I can smurf with the best of them, Gutsy, but I'd rather not smurf with you, if you know what I mean," Hefty said.
"It figures that you don't have the smurfs to smurf with a true Smurfsman, laddie," Duncan said. "I'd be happy to smurf out there with Timber alone just to smurf home the tree, while you smurf home here with that peacock Vanity."
"You dare to compare me with the likes of Vanity?" Hefty said, sounding like he was being challenged. "You're going to be smurfing that dress as part of your diet, Gutsy, when I'm through with you."
"That's a kilt, and the name is Duncan, you numpkin!" Duncan shot back.
"Hefty, Duncan, stop this smurfing at once!" Papa Smurf ordered. "The both of you are going to smurf together on this task whether you like each other or not. I don't want to hear you both smurfing at each other's throats this season. Do you understand?"
"Aye, Papa Smurf," Duncan said, sighing heavily.
"Whatever you say, Papa Smurf," Hefty said reluctantly.
After Papa Smurf had ended his announcement, the Smurfs all went their separate ways to put preparations for the Winter Solstice into effect. Tapper saw that Duncan looked rather upset and decided to talk to him about what he was feeling.
"My dear Duncan, what's the matter with you?" Tapper asked gently.
"Of all the Smurfs that I have to smurf with on a task, I have to be smurfed together with Hefty, one of the biggest pains in the smurf in this village, Tapper," Duncan said. "I can't stand how he smurfs himself as being the most important Smurf in the village besides Papa Smurf."
"I can understand the problem with Hefty's pride, but you have to learn to swallow yours and just bear the burden of smurfing up with him, my friend," Tapper said. "We're smurfing the best we can trying to run this village with only Papa Smurf as our sole parent and guardian."
"I never thought I would have to smurf the day when a proud Smurfsman has to swallow his pride to smurf with someone that annoying," Duncan said.
"We'll smurf through this together, and we'll smurf out much better for it in the future," Tapper said. "You know that I'm praying for you and for all my fellow Smurfs and Papa Smurf that we would be smurfed together as one big family."
"At least that holy book is smurfing something useful for you, laddie," Duncan said. "I'm not sure I would smurf my trust in someone greater that I couldn't see or hear."
Meanwhile, Hefty was talking to Timber. "So when are we going to smurf out together to get a big enough Solstice tree for our village, Timber?" he asked.
"What do you mean 'we', Hefty?" Timber said, sounding a bit offended. "I'm sure that I can smurf home a big one without your help or anyone else's."
"Yeah, sure, you and what army?" Hefty jested. "The thing is, you're going to need me to smurf it back home with you, whether you want the help or not, and you're going to need someone to help smurf out the right tree for us."
"I know how to pick the right one by myself, Hefty," Timber said. "My Papa Smurf and I have been smurfing it long enough to know which one by now."
"Smurf yourself if that's what you want, but you're still going to need me to smurf it home whether you want my help or not," Hefty said.

"Apparently you were too prideful at the time to accept Hefty's help, however genuine his offer of assistance was to you, Timber," Polaris said.
"I wasn't as strong as either Hefty or Duncan, but I was sure to smurf the right kind of tree that the Smurfs would need for the Winter Solstice celebration, Polaris," Timber said. "So without telling anyone, I smurfed out into the forest by myself to smurf the right tree. And that's when I smurfed across this enchanted evergreen, the smallest pine tree in the forest I have ever smurfed at the time."
And as Timber's story continued, Polaris saw Timber walking out into the forest with his axe, looking for the right tree to chop down. He walked all around, inspecting each tree for its size: some were too big and some were too small. But then he came across one that he knew would be the right size for the village. He started to chop it down at its trunk when he heard a giggling sound behind him. He stopped his work and looked to see what it was.
There in a clearing behind him, Timber saw that a elf with wings and green clothes was hovering around over a very small pine tree no bigger than Smurf-size. Timber thought he was imagining seeing the tree jiggle around as if it were alive. He decided to go over and get a closer look.
The elf that was hovering over the tree gasped, and the tree seemed to have sprouted eyes as it fearfully saw Timber approaching. "Mercy!" the tree squeaked.
"Stay your hand, whoever you are, and don't hurt this tree!" the elf warned.
Timber stayed where he stood. "I don't mean you any harm, but I never smurfed of a tree that can talk before," he said, lowering his ax.
"That's because this tree is my sister, and she wasn't originally a tree...she was an elf just like me," the elf explained.
"That tree is an elf?" Timber said, sounding amazed. "How did this happen?"
"An evil witch captured me, and tried to make me tell where the legendary golden tree can be found," the tree explained. "But I wouldn't tell her, so she cursed me by turning me into this tree."
"I'm sorry to hear that," Timber said. "I hope that I didn't frighten you. I'm just out here smurfing for a good tall evergreen to smurf down for my village's Winter Solstice celebration."
"We wish you luck on your quest, but it would help if you knew somebody who could remove the evil curse from my sister, kind one," the elf said.
"Somebody to remove the curse," Timber said to himself, trying to think of who before the answer came to him. "Our village is led by a Papa Smurf who claims to be a sorcerer. Maybe he knows how he can remove the curse."
"I would appreciate it if you bring him here when you are finished with your quest," the elf said. "For now I must protect my sister from whoever would do harm to her."
"You said that there is a legendary golden tree," Timber said. "Do you know where it is located?"
"It is located on an island in the mountain lake, and it is said to produce golden pinecones, but nobody has visited this island for years to confirm it," the elf answered.
"Golden pinecones?" Timber said, sounding intrigued. "Well, us Smurfs don't have any use for gold, but it would be interesting to smurf out if it is true."
Meanwhile, hidden within a bush, a bearded human in ragged clothes overheard what Timber and the elf were talking about. "A golden tree with golden pinecones?" he muttered to himself. "Well, that would make Evil Marduk a very rich wizard if I can get my hands on it...if those little creatures would get me what I want."
"Anyway, what is your name?" Timber asked.
"My name is Vini, and my sister is Arboria," the elf answered. "I would hate for anything to happen to her while she is stuck with this curse. We have been inseparable ever since we were little children, which is why I am so protective of her even now."
"I would be happy to have my friends in the Smurf Village to smurf her home where she can be safe until the curse is removed, for however long that smurfs," Timber offered.
"If you Smurfs are as gentle as you are, then I and my sister would both appreciate it very much," Vini said, sounding relieved.
"You're not going anywhere!" a voice shouted. Timber, Vini, and Arboria both saw a giant being with a beard and ragged clothes emerge from out of nowhere with a net in his hands.
"Quick, run!" Vini cried out.
Timber ran as quickly as he could, evading the giant's net as it swooped down to try catching him. The giant tried again and again, but Timber was too quick, and soon hid himself in a hole along with Vini.
"What was that giant creature?" Timber asked.
"They are called humans," Vini said. "They're dangerous, and they come into this forest to hunt and pillage whatever's in it for their profit."
"All right, you little blue man, come out right now with that elf or I'll cut down this little tree to make firewood out of it!" the giant called out.
Timber and Vini peered out of the hole to see the giant standing over where Arboria was, looking like he was ready to carry out his threat.
"Mercy, milord!" Vini called out as she and Timber rose out of hiding. "That's my sister! I'll do anything you want!"
"Who are you? And what are you doing here?" Timber asked.
"I am Evil Marduk, and I am a sorcerer who's deep in debt," the giant answered. "My terms are simple: I want you to bring me a pile of golden pinecones from that tree on the island, and I want enough so I can pay off all my debts or else I'll burn that tree."
Timber could hear Arboria crying pitifully at the fate she was threatened with. Whatever this giant could do, he couldn't stand to see a tree, whether enchanted or not, be treated like that.
"And how do you expect us to smurf that?" Timber asked.
"You two better figure out how to bring back enough gold before day's end, or I'll set this tree on fire," Evil Marduk said. "I'll wait here."
"But it's very difficult, Master Marduk," Vini said. "The way to that island is far, and...there are dangers...a three-headed monster and a lake monster, and..."
"Come on, let's not smurf any time!" Timber said, as he started to rush off.
"I don't want to hear any excuses!" Evil Marduk warned. "I meant what I said. I want gold, and I want it before day's end or else! I'll be waiting!"
Vini realized that she couldn't reason with the wizard. She had to do what he demanded of both her and Timber to keep her sister safe. She flew off until she caught up with Timber.
"Are there really that many dangers to smurf past in order to smurf those golden pinesmurfs?" Timber asked.
"I don't know," Vini answered. "I invented that story about monsters to gain time, but my ruse didn't succeed."
"Hefty or Duncan would be better suited to smurf what we have to do, but there isn't much time for us to smurf them, so it's up to us," Timber said. "Just lead me where we have to smurf to find that wretched tree."
"I only pray we will get there in time," Vini said woefully.

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-04-2019 04:19 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 3

"So you were going to take on the task without informing anyone else of what you were doing," Polaris said. "This one can understand that you were under pressure for having to do it, even if this one wouldn't agree on that being the wisest thing to do."
"I wasn't going to let that human smurf any harm to that elf tree, Polaris," Timber said. "As I said to Vini, I thought Hefty or Duncan would be more suitable for the task at hand, because I wasn't the strongest or the fastest Smurf for the job."
"But your heart was still in the right place, Timber, which is what matters," Empath said. "Anyway, you and Vini were headed for the island where the legendary golden tree was, but the way to that place was not going to be easy."
"I would definitely say it wasn't," Timber said. "The first obstacle we had to oversmurf was a series of ledges we had to smurf over...or rather I had to smurf over, since Vini could fly over without a problem."
And as Timber's story continued, Polaris saw that Timber and Vini had reached a place in the forest where a series of dangerous ledges had to be jumped over. Timber stopped at the edge of one and saw how far the drop was.
"What's the matter?" Vini asked, sounding concerned.
"This may be a little too much for me to smurf over," Timber said. "I have never smurfed across such depths before in my life."
"But my sister's life is at stake here," Vini said.
"I know that it is, Vini," Timber said. "But I don't know if I can make it."
"You have to try...that's all that matters," Vini said.
Timber realized that Vini was right, that trying and failing was better than not trying at all. He swallowed hard. "Okay, here smurfs!"
With a running start, Timber made it past the first ridge, then the second, then the third, although with each successive leap the ledges afforded less and less space before having to jump again. Then came the final jump, which seemed a little farther to land than he was expecting.
"I can smurf this! I can smurf this!" Timber said to encourage himself.
With all his might, Timber propelled himself as far as he could, only to find himself barely missing the ledge. Grabbing onto the ledge with one hand, Timber threw his axe onto the top of the ledge and used both hands to pull himself up.
"You made it!" Vini said, sounding pleased. "That wasn't so bad now, was it?"
"As long as we don't have to smurf that again anytime soon," Timber said, stopping to catch his breath. "How close are we now?"
"We have to travel on this pass between the two mountains that leads to the lake," Vini responded, showing Timber the area she was talking about.
"That shouldn't be a problem now," Timber said as he stepped out onto the smooth surface of the pass and headed toward the other side of the pass.
They didn't get far, though, when they started hearing roaring noises. Timber stopped, having a bad feeling something was going to happen. "What was that?" he wondered aloud.
Then he could feel a burst of hot flame right behind him, nearly singing his tail. He screamed in pain as he and Vini ran for cover to hide from whatever it was that attacked them.
It was from there that Timber saw what it was for himself. "It's the three-headed monster!" Timber said. "Vini, you said that it was only a legend!"
Vini didn't know what to say to that. "Uh, reality often surpasses fiction!"
"It's blocking our way toward the other end of the pass," Timber observed, watching the creature's movements. "What are we going to do?"
"I'll distract the monster," Vini said. "You just get behind it and chop off its tail. It will lose its strength."
Timber didn't like having to wound living creatures like that, but he had to trust what Vini was doing. "Go!" he told her.
Vini flew toward the creature and zipped around it, trying to get its attention like an annoying mosquito. The creature then ran around and followed her, breathing flames at her while she did her best to avoid being burned.
Timber watched until the monster came close enough to him, then he jumped out and got close enough to slice off its tail. The monster screamed in pain as its fiery breaths stopped and raced frantically toward the other end of the pass, leaping off a ledge until it fell into the lake.
Vini rejoined Timber as quickly as she could. "Timber, are you all right?" Vini asked.
"I'm fine, but I hated what I had to smurf with that monster," Timber said.
"Don't worry, the monster's tail will grow back in time," Vini said. "Anyway, the pass is safe to travel now. We should get to the lake soon."
"This is certainly more than I smurfed for when I smurfed out into the forest just to get an evergreen," Timber said as they both headed to the other end.

"Meanwhile, back in the village, from what Narrator can tell me, Hefty and Duncan were beginning to wonder where I was, as they couldn't find me anywhere in the village, and so they brought that to Papa Smurf's attention," Timber said to Polaris.
And as Timber continued the story, Polaris saw Hefty and Duncan passing by a group of Smurfs being led into a practice session of singing carols with Harmony leading them:

Hark, the Smurfs and Smurflings sing,
Glory to our King and Queen,
Mother Nature and Father Time,
Living in harmony sublime.
Joyful, all the forest rise,
Land and rivers, mountains and skies,
With the animals proclaim
Time and nature forever reign.
Glory to our King and Queen.

Hail, the Father of History.
Hail, the Mother of Fertility.
Light and life to all they bring,
The great Provider of all good things.
Mild they lay their glory by,
Watching our souls until we die,
Smurf our souls to prove our worth
While our bodies rest on earth
Glory to our King and Queen.

"I don't smurf the point of these smurfdiculous songs that we sing every Winter Solstice," Hefty said.
"You don't think we should smurf glory and honor to Mother Nature and Father Time?" Duncan asked.
"If anyone deserves any glory and honor in this life, it should be me for helping to smurf this village together after losing our parents," Hefty said.
"Ha!" Duncan scoffed. "It will be a cold day in Tartarus before I even smurf you the same honor."
"You'll be smurfing on your knees before me in time, Gutsy, just you wait," Hefty said.
"That's Duncan to you, you smurfy numpkin!" Duncan shot back.
Soon Hefty and Duncan were knocking on Papa Smurf's door. The village leader opened up and saw who it was. "Hefty, Duncan, what's going on?" he asked.
"We were wondering where Timber was, Papa Smurf," Hefty said.
"Aye, we smurfed around the village and we haven't smurfed a trace of him anywhere," Duncan said.
"I think he probably smurfed out into the forest to smurf down a Solstice tree all by himself just to prove himself," Hefty said.
"Then you need to smurf out into the forest and find him at once," Papa Smurf said. "Take a group of Smurfs with you and see where he may be smurfing."
"You're certain that you want us to handle it ourselves, Papa Smurf?" Duncan asked.
"I am very certain that the both of you can handle this situation together," Papa Smurf answered. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some personal business to attend to." And with that, he closed the door shut.
Hefty sighed. "It figures that we have to smurf things together, Gutsy. Let's smurf ourselves a team so we can find Timber before he smurfs too far away."
"Not that I like smurfing with you, laddie, but Timber could be smurfing way over his head in something out there," Duncan said.
Handy and Tapper just walked toward where Hefty and Duncan were standing. "What were you two smurfing about with Papa Smurf?" Handy asked.
"Me and Gutsy were supposed to smurf out into the forest with Timber to smurf a Solstice tree together, but neither of us could find him today, Handy," Hefty answered.
"Great Smurfiny Crickets, you think that Timber smurfed off alone and is now in danger?" Tapper asked.
"That's what we're going to smurf out, laddies," Duncan said. "You're more than welcome to join us in the search if you want to."
"If he's got a tree smurfed down, he's going to need help smurfing it back home, so I'm in," Handy said.
"And I will also join you in your search," Tapper said. "I pray that we will not be too late to rescue him out of any danger he's in."

"While Hefty was leading the team out into the forest where I was, me and Vini were smurfing close to the final part of our journey, and there it was, just waiting for us to smurf it," Timber said.
And as Timber continued his story, Polaris saw that Timber was now at the end of the pass, with the lake right before them and the island in the middle. "There it is!" Vini pointed out. "This is the lake island and the legendary golden tree with its pinecones."
"It certainly looks like it's smurfed of pure gold," Timber said, stopping to take a look at the tree at the top of the island. "But is it safe to smurf across to the island?"
"It should be," Vini said. "I invented the story about the lake monster. It doesn't exist."
Timber gulped. "Well, here smurfs nothing anyway," he said, as he started to hop across the rocks on the surface of the water toward the island.
Halfway across the lake, though, Timber started to hear noises in the water, like something was moving in it. Then suddenly from behind, a thin gnarled creature that looked like it was made of wood rose up to the surface, startling Timber.
"Go away! You don't exist!" Timber shouted as he swung his axe, chopping off the creature's nose. The creature writhed in pain as it sunk back into the water.
"We made it," Vini said as soon as they reached the shore of the island. "Now let's gather as many pinecones as we can from the ground."
The both of them reached the top of the hill where the tree was. But when they reached it, tney noticed something that made the both of them very disappointed. "Oh no! The pinecones aren't golden at all! They're just reflecting sunlight!" Vini cried out.
Timber felt the tree and also noticed something. "This just feels like regular wood to me," he said. "The legendary tree isn't golden at all. Everything about this area is just a legend, except for the monsters. What are we going to do?"
"We're doomed," Vini said, sounding like she was totally out of ideas. "That human will set my little sister, who was transformed into a tree on fire. This whole quest was all for nothing. I'm sorry that I dragged you into this."
"That's okay, Vini, we'll figure something out," Timber said, realzing that he's going to need some way to fool the human into getting what he was after. Then it came to him in a flash. Taking a piece of paper-thin bark from the tree and a piece of coal from the ground, he wrote a message on it. Then he spotted a stork that was flying nearby, which he whistled at to get its attention.
"Here, smurf this message quickly to the Smurf Village," Timber said to the stork as soon as it landed.
"What are you intending to do?" Vini asked, watching the stork take the message in its beak and fly off.
"You'll see, Vini, you'll see," Timber answered.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-04-2019 04:22 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 4

"This one is curious to know who you were thinking of among the Smurfs who would help you in dealing with the dilemma of this Evil Marduk's demand," Polaris said.
"I won't smurf you in suspense, Polaris...it was Painter," Timber said. "From what Narrator could tell, Painter was busy in the Smurf Village helping to smurf up ornaments for the Solstice tree by smurfing small pinecones in various colors of paint with his fellow Smurfs. It was around that time that he received the message from me."
And as Timber's story continued, Polaris saw Painter and a few other Smurfs with a pile of pinecones, dipping each one of them in a bucket of paint by using a stick and fishing line to lower the pinecone into the paint without touching it.
"Uh, how long are we supposed to smurf the pinecone into the paint for?" Clumsy asked.
"Painter says that we should smurf it in for only about a minute or so, Clumsy," Brainy said. "But frankly, I don't smurf what the point is for smurfing it in there for so long."
"The paint is supposed to coat the entire pinecone, M'sieu Brainy," Painter said. "There is no point in smurfing the job halfway through when every pinecone needs to be smurfed perfectly."
"Well, I can't wait to be smurfing up presents for all my fellow Smurfs this year after this is smurfed," Jokey said laughing.
"I pretty much know what you're going to be smurfing every Smurf this year, Jokey, and I'm not going to be fooled one bit," Brainy said.
"Oh really?" Jokey said. "Then maybe I will really surprise you."
"I just only wish our parent Smurfs were still here with us this year for the Winter Solstice, Brainy," Clumsy said.
"I undersmurf how you feel, Clumsy, I do," Brainy said. "But Papa Smurf says that as long as we still have each other, we are still going to be a family."
"You never stop smurfing about Papa Smurf now, do you, Brainy?" Jokey asked.
"It's only because I am his special son in this village, Jokey, the one that he first adopted out of all the Smurfs among our peers," Brainy said. "And who knows, there may be something more to this relationship that I smurf with Papa Smurf than he would smurf on, and I am eager to wait and smurf out what it truly is at the appropriate time."
"M'sieu Clumsy, watch where you're smurfing with that pinecone of yours!" Painter warned as he saw Clumsy take his pinecone out of the bucket of paint and swing the stick so that it was now dripping paint all over Painter.
"Uh, sorry, Painter, I just got so distracted by that stork that's smurfing down next to us," Clumsy said, looking up toward the sky.
"A stork smurfing down to us?" Painter said, sounding curious. He also looked and saw that Clumsy was looking at: a stork that was landing next to them, carrying a message written on tree bark in its beak.
"What's that stork smurfing here?" Jokey wondered. "Is some Smurf in danger?"
"It's obvious to see that it's delivering a message to one of us, Jokey," Brainy said. "I'm only curious to find out who that message is for."
Painter took the message out of the stork's beak and read it. "Sacre bleu, that message is for me!" he exclaimed. "'Dear Painter, please smurf a sack and a can of gold paint with you when you smurf back here to the island. I'll explain what we need it for. Signed, Timber.' It figures that M'sieu Timber would need my artistic talents for something, if only I knew what exactly."
"Well, what are you waiting for?" Clumsy said.
"We should smurf Papa Smurf about this matter before we smurf anything that we will end up regretting, my fellow Smurfs," Brainy suggested.
"I don't think this matter can wait, M'sieu Brainy," Painter said. "I must smurf those things to Timber as soon as possible. You smurf over this job until I return."
"But...but...but...," Brainy tried to protest while he watched Painter head off in another direction.
"Gosh, I could only wonder what Timber needs to smurf with a sack and a can of gold paint," Clumsy said.
"I smurf you anything that Timber is going to smurf a joke on somebody, you just wait," Jokey said laughing.
Brainy sighed. "We won't know until both Timber and Painter return. Let's just keep smurfing this job until we're finished."

"So there I was with Vini, waiting on the island for Painter to receive my message and to arrive on the island with the things I asked him for, Polaris," Timber said. "It felt like smurfing forever, but just as the sun was nearing the western horizon, Painter showed up right on time."
And as Timber continued his story, Polaris saw Timber's younger self sitting there with his axe beside him, and Vini just flitting around, looking rather anxious. Then suddenly Timber could hear Vini saying, "Somebody's coming!"
Timber looked up and saw that the stork had returned with Painter, carrying a big sack in its beak. "Mon ami, it is so good to see you," Painter said as soon as the stork landed and he got off. "What did you smurf me all the way here for anyway?"
"It's urgent, Painter," Timber said. "This elf's sister is turned into a tree, and an evil wizard is threatening to smurf her to ashes if we don't smurf him a bunch of golden pinecones to him before day's end. And we don't have much time left."
"Ah, I see that the only pinecones we have are regular ones, and we need to fool him into thinking that we have smurfed golden ones," Painter said, figuring out the rest. "Very well, then. I have smurfed everything we need to smurf the task."
"I'll help gather as many pinecones as we need," Timber said, heading back toward the tree and picking up as many pinecones as he could carry at a time.
And so for the next hour or so, Painter has been dipping each pinecone Timber could find into the gold paint using a stick and fishing line, coating each one thoroughly and letting each one dry so that the paint could harden and make each pinecone look like it was truly golden.
Then, just as the sun was nearly halfway hidden behind the horizon, Painter said, "Voila, it is finished. We have all the pinecones that we need."
"Quick, let's gather them into the sack and smurf it back to the forest where Vini and I found that Evil Marduk," Timber said, scooping up the dried painted pinecones. "We want to make sure he smurfs them before he does anything to Vini's sister."
"Oui, let's smurf it," Painter said, collecting as many pinecones as he could carry to fill the sack completely.

"Meanwhile, as Narrator could tell, Hefty, Handy, Duncan, and Tapper were already there in the forest, watching Evil Marduk and the enchanted evergreen from a hidden place when they were smurfing for me," Timber told Polaris.
And as Timber's story continued, Polaris saw the four Smurfs that were mentioned hiding behind a bush and looking at the giant named Evil Marduk, lighting a torch as he saw that the day was fading into night. He was becoming very anxious waiting for whoever he was waiting for to return.
"That little blue man and the elf are taking too long to bring me the golden pinecones, you little tree," Evil Marduk said. "I meant what I have promised. If they don't return by the time the day ends, you are going to be ashes."
"I'm not afraid to die, you evil giant," the little tree said. "But know this, you will get your reward when you pass on from this life."
"Don't tell me you believe there's going to be a judgment for all people when they die," Evil Marduk said in total disbelief.
"You will judged worthy of either Elysium or Tartarus," the little tree said. "That's all I'm going to tell you."
"Great Smurfiny Crickets, I feel sorry for the poor tree that is being threatened by this giant being in our forest," Tapper said quietly.
"Don't tell me you believe that this tree is somehow alive, Tapper," Hefty said.
"That tree is speaking like one of us, so I think it's more than just an ordinary tree, Hefty," Handy said.
"We've got to smurf something to get that giant away from that little tree, laddies, before he smurfs good on his threat," Duncan said.
"Well, if you've got any good ideas, Gutsy, let's smurf them right here and now," Hefty said.
"Hey, Smurfs, we may need your help," another voice whispered from behind them.
The four of them turned to see that Timber had returned with Painter and Vini the elf. "Great Smurfiny Crickets, my fellow Timber, you're alive," Tapper said, sounding overjoyed.
"Hey, where were you?" Hefty asked. "We had to smurf the entire forest in order to find you."
"I'll explain later," Timber answered. "Right now we need to smurf Evil Marduk what he's after before he smurfs harm to that tree."
"Better than smurfing around here waiting," Handy said as the four of them got up to follow Timber, Painter, and Vini.

Evil Marduk continued waiting until the sun was barely a sliver peeking over the western horizon. "Well, it seems like your friends have failed both me and you, little tree," he said as he reached out with his torch to burn the tree down.
"Hey, Evil Marduk!" a voice called out to him.
The giant turned his attention toward the little Smurf who was approaching him, carrying a small pile of golden pinecones with him. "You have found them!" he exclaimed.
"Yes, and we have plenty more for you smurfing for you by the river," Timber said, handing over the pile to Evil Marduk.
"There's more?" Evil Marduk said, sounding intrigued. "Lead me to them, if you are telling the truth!"
"It's right this way," Timber said, as he led Evil Marduk on a path toward the river. As soon as he was gone, Hefty, Handy, Tapper, and Duncan showed up with shovels and a plant pot.
"Who are you guys?" the tree asked. "Are you friends of that little blue man?"
"Yes, we are, my friend," Tapper answered. "We're going to smurf you safely to our village where you will be safe."
"Be careful smurfing around the tree, laddies," Duncan said as they started digging a circle around the tree to get it out of the ground.
"I never thought I would be smurfing a tree like this from danger," Hefty said in total disbelief as he digged.
"That's because I'm actually an elf, and I was cursed to become a tree by an evil witch," the tree explained.
"You are under a curse?" Tapper said. "Then maybe Papa Smurf can help you once we return to the village."
"Okay, laddies, easy now," Duncan said as they carefully lifted up the tree from the ground and placed it into the plant pot.
"How long do you think we can keep that Evil Marduk distracted with those fake golden pinecones?" Handy asked.
"Hopefully long enough to get back to the village," Hefty said as he and Duncan lifted up the plant pot to carry the tree with them.

Evil Marduk had reached the river, and just as Timber had told them, right beside the shore was a pile of golden pinecones, all sparkling and glistening.
"Golden pinecones! My golden ticket out of indebtedness!" Evil Marduk exclaimed, sounding overjoyed.
"They're yours for the smurfing, as long as we have a deal," Timber said, watching as Evil Marduk scooped up as many as he could and put them into a sack.
"Yes, yes! Do what you want with that little tree!" Evil Marduk said. "I have all that I will need to pay off my creditors!"
Timber continued to watch until all the pinecones were put into the sack, and then Evil Marduk carried it with him, going off into another direction while whistling a tune.
Then Painter and Vini stepped out from behind a bush. "I believe that our little ruse has worked, M'sieu Timber," Painter said.
"Let's smurf back to the village," Timber said. "The other Smurfs should be there with Arboria safely smurfed there."
"I can't wait to be reunited with my sister," Vini said as she followed the two Smurfs on their way back to the village.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-04-2019 04:26 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 5

"And so by the time me and Painter had smurfed back to the village, Papa Smurf was already there meeting with Arboria and smurfing on a solution that could help her smurf free of the curse," Timber told Polaris.
And as Timber continued his story, Polaris saw that a crowd of Smurfs had gathered around the little tree that the four Smurfs brought into the village, and that Papa Smurf was there talking with the tree.
"Ah, there you are," Papa Smurf said as soon as he saw Timber with Painter and Vini. "I see that you have smurfed the right thing in making sure this little elf named Arboria is safe in our village, protected from that evil giant."
"I'm the one who asked for Timber's help, Papa Smurf," Vini said. "I'm Arboria's sister Vini, and I have been protecting her since she has been turned into a tree by an evil witch."
"I see, and now you need my help in smurfing her back to normal," Papa Smurf said, stroking his beard. "I'm not sure what I could do, but I will smurf into my books to try finding something that will break the curse."
"Whatever you can do, we would be grateful, Papa Smurf," Vini said.
"Papa Smurf, do you need my help for anything regarding smurfing this tree back to normal?" Brainy asked.
"I just need you to smurf out of my way for right now, Brainy," Papa Smurf said. "I can pretty much handle this situation by myself."
"Uh, yes, Papa Smurf," Brainy said, sounding a bit downcast.
"Gee, I'm just wondering what we're going to smurf if Papa Smurf can't smurf this tree back into an elf," Clumsy said.
"We'll smurf what we can to make sure this tree and her sister are not parted from each other forever, my fellow Clumsy," Tapper said.
"She would make a wonderful addition to my tree garden, if I were to smurf care of her in Vini's absence," Vanity said.
"I hate tree gardens," Grouchy said.
Meanwhile, Timber was with Hefty and Duncan, talking with each other. "I have to smurf you two that I'm really sorry smurfing out to smurf a Solstice tree without smurfing either of you with me," Timber humbly said.
"Well, you should be careful the next time you smurf something like that, Timber," Hefty said. "You could have been smurfed dead by that giant."
"Smurf easy on the laddie, Hefty," Duncan said. He then turned to Timber. "All I can smurf is that I'm proud of you for what you smurfed today, even if you couldn't smurf back here to smurf our help. You got the spirit of a true Smurfsman in you."
"I guess I'm still not yet over losing my parent Smurfs," Timber said.
"None of us are, laddie, but we're still alive and we got each other to smurf after now," Duncan said. "And though I don't like to admit it to every Smurf, you are all my brothers."
"That's the last thing I would ever want to be when it smurfs to Gutsy," Hefty said.
"Well, like it or not, you're smurfed with me, laddie," Duncan said.

"And so we waited for what smurfed like hours for Papa Smurf to smurf up with something to break the curse that Arboria was under, Polaris," Timber said. "And then finally, Papa emerged from his laboratory with a formula in his hands."
And as Timber's story continued, Polaris then saw Papa Smurf emerge with a green potion in a beaker that looked like it had just been concocted. "Stand back, my little Smurfs," Papa Smurf ordered. "Let's see if this formula works!"
The other Smurfs stood back as Papa Smurf doused the little tree with his formula. At first nothing seemed to happen, and then suddenly they could see the tree sparkling as it was slowly changing form from a tree to an elf who also had green clothes and wings, but had strawberry red hair as opposed to her sister's blond hair.
"I...I...I...I'm free!" the tree now turned back into an elf said as she slowly moved parts of herself to make sure she was now mobile again. Then her wings fluttered and she flew a few inches above the ground. "Vini, I'm free!"
"Welcome back, Arboria!" Vini greeted as the two elves held hands and flew in a circle with each other.
Weepy stood there with a handkerchief in his hand, wiping the tears from his eyes. "I just love happy reunions," Weepy said.
"I just hate...well, never mind, I'm not going to say it," Grouchy said.
"Oh, thank you, Papa Smurf!" Arboria said, sounding overjoyed. "And thank you, kind Smurfs, for saving me. If it weren't for you, I would be nothing but ashes in the forest."
"I'm happy to make sure you two would smurf a happy Winter Solstice together again, Arboria," Timber said.
"Let's go home right now and tell our parents the good news," Vini said to her sister.
"Yes, let's get ourselves home," Arboria said in agreement. And so the Smurfs watched and waved goodbye to the two elves that now flew off together back into the forest.
Timber turned to Papa Smurf, feeling a bit ashamed. "Papa Smurf, I'm sorry for smurfing off into the forest by myself to smurf a Solstice tree all by myself without smurfing Hefty or Duncan along with me," Timber said.
"I'll forgive you, Timber," Papa Smurf said. "The thing is, though you smurfed wrong in disobeying me, you also smurfed right in smurfing help to a helpless being in the forest. Your Papa Smurf would be very proud of you for smurfing that today."
"I just wish he was here right now to smurf me that himself, Papa Smurf," Timber said.
"I'm sure he's watching over you from the smurfy hereafter, Timber, to make sure you grow to be the kind of Smurf he would want you to be," Papa Smurf said.
Just then Tapper felt something cold touch his skin. After that, he saw something sparkling and white fall down. "Great Smurfiny Crickets, it's starting to snow!" he exclaimed.
The Smurfs all looked and saw that it was indeed starting to snow. "Oh, what a perfect night it is for a poem! I shall call it An Ode To A Snowfall," Poet said.
"I hate An Ode To A Snowfall," Grouchy said.
And as the Smurfs stood there watching the night sky, Harmony led the Smurfs into singing:

Come, all ye Smurfdom,
Joyful and triumphant,
O come, ye, O, come, ye, to smurf this song
Come and adore the Lords of Time and Nature
O come, let us adore the...
O come, let us adore the King and Queen.

Sing, Smurfs of ages,
Sing in exsmurftation.
Sing, all ye creatures of land, sea, and sky.
Glory to Time and Nature in the highest.

Yea, earth, we smurf thee,
Smurfed this happy morning.
To Time and Nature be all glory giv'n.
Smurfed into being from this smurfy union.

While they were singing, Papa Smurf thought he could see a familiar female face in the sky. "Lillithina," he said with a tear in his eye. The face looked at him with love that would last for all time.
"Gee, Papa Smurf, what are you smurfing at up there?" Clumsy asked.
Papa Smurf saw the face disappear, and then he turned to Clumsy and smiled. "Hope, Clumsy. Hope that we will someday smurf all our families again."

"This one finds it an interesting story, Timber, but this one is still curious to know what has happened to Evil Marduk and the fake golden pinecones he was given," Polaris said.
Timber chuckled. "Well, fortunately Narrator smurfed to me the very thing that has happened to Evil Marduk when he smurfed with the creditors."
And as Timber's story continued to its conclusion, Polaris saw that the bailiff and his men were gathered outside Evil Marduk's house with an assessor and a couple of guards standing next to a wagon.
"...and because he's not repaid his loans to the pawnbroker, today we declare the seizure of all Master Evil Marduk's goods," the bailiff announced while reading from a scroll.
"Wait, bailiff, wait!" Evil Marduk called out, racing as fast as he could with a sack he was carrying. "I have gold! Look!"
The assessor took one of the pinecones and weighed it on a balance. "It's not even worth a carat," the assessor said, noting how light the pinecone was.
The bailiff bit into another pinecone with his teeth and found out that not only was it brittle, it was also fake. "Pwah...it's a pinecone covered in gold paint! You don't mock the justice of the court!" He then turned to the guards. "Seize his goods!"
Evil Marduk watched helplessly as the guards took everything out of his house. They even stripped him of the clothes he was wearing, leaving him with nothing but a barrel to cover his nakedness.
The assessor went through the list of all Evil Marduk's possessions. "An iron ladle, a vial of coriander, a cast-iron cauldron, a talisman, two spoons, a chest, and a cat," he recited.
"Load them all up!" the bailiff said to the guards.
Evil Marduk watched all his goods and his own cat be loaded up into the wagon. "At least give me back my clothes, you pack of vultures!" he cried out. "You are worse that that little blue vermin who tricked me!"

Empath laughed when he saw that in the conclusion of Timber's story. "That evil wizard got what he deserved for trying to threaten a little elf that was cursed into being a tree," Empath said.
"This one would wholeheartedly agree with you on that assessment, Empath," Polaris said.
"We finally got our tree for the Winter Solstice that year, but it was nothing compared to what we smurfed for the elf sisters," Timber said.
"This smurf could only wish to have been there for that adventure, Timber," Empath said. "Not that this smurf would have wanted to experience losing my Mama Smurf, but that still would have been worth being there for what you have gone through."
"Anyway, we're finally home," Timber said as he, Empath, and Polaris had reached the outskirts of the village, with several Smurfs already starting to gather together to help them with the tree.
"Oh, what a beautiful tree you have smurfed this year, Timber," Vanity said.
"I hate beautiful trees," Grouchy said.
"Mon ami, I can't wait to smurf it with all the decorations that I have smurfed for it this year," Painter said.
"Let's make sure we can get this all smurfed up in the village center before we smurf any ornaments upon it, my fellow Smurfs," Brainy suggested.
"I'll smurf the supports ready for the tree," Handy said as he headed for his workshop.
Empath and Polaris both watched as Hefty and Duncan removed the ropes that held the tree onto the sled and then carry it together to the village center to have it be erected. Smurfette soon joined the two with Baby Smurf in her arms. "So you three have smurfed the perfect Christmas this year?" she asked.
"Timber is the one who discovered the tree, Smurfette," Polaris said. "This one and Empath merely helped in making sure the tree was transported safely to the village."
"This may sound strange, but I wish that I could smurf a Christmas tree that could talk to me so I wouldn't feel alone smurfing in my house all the time when it's too snowy out here," Smurfette said.
"You would have had your wish many years ago, Smurfette, if you even existed when the Smurfs found that enchanted evergreen," Empath said.
"I've heard about that story, Empath," Smurfette said. "I'm not sure if I can fully believe it actually happened, but I can be sure you Smurfs are telling the truth about things I wasn't there to witness."
"Regardless of those situations, Smurfette, we should be grateful to witness the good things that are happening right now among ourselves," Polaris said.
Smurfette smiled. "Sounds like Papa Smurf's wisdom is smurfing off on you, Polaris. Too bad he's busy smurfing his own things this year."
"Well, whatever's going on with Papa Smurf, at least we can still have a very merry Christmas with each other this year," Empath said.
"A very merry Christmas," Baby Smurf said, giggling afterward.

THE END

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-04-2019 04:30 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
To read the original story this was based on, check out:

* The Smurfs Christmas

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.