Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie                     Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » "Wild's First Christmas" -- the full story
Author Topic: "Wild's First Christmas" -- the full story
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-03-2019 01:56 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
From one of my Christmas story adaptations from the EMPATH: The Luckiest Smurf story series, here is "Wild's First Christmas", which is based on "'Tis The Season To Be Smurfy".
-----
Chapter 1

Empath's personal journal.
It is again Christmas, and while this smurf enjoys the holiday season, this year marks the first Christmas for one of our fellow Smurfs who has spent years away from his fellow Smurfs. It was around the time of the first Winter Solstice that this smurf has spent with the Smurfs that this smurf had actually met Wild Smurf, and while the first encounter was very frightening to this smurf since this smurf was just getting used to how the Smurfs present themselves in their everyday living, this smurf had become friends with the wayward Smurf who had nursed this smurf back to health when this smurf was injured in the forest while collecting logs for the Yuletide festival. Of course, this smurf isn't sure whether Wild has ever seen the Smurf Village during the time of Christmas, but now that the village has met Wild, he has been personally invited to attend the celebration on Christmas Eve. This smurf is eager to see him appear, even if the other Smurfs aren't quite sure about having him around since he knows so little about how to act like a Smurf.

It is December 24, and activity in the Smurf Village is at an all-time high as the Smurfs are busy preparing to celebrate Christmas. In the village square, a group of Smurfs are busy hanging all sorts of ornaments on the Christmas tree that was cut down by Timber and delivered by Puppy. Greedy was making smurfberry candy canes, Biscotti was baking gingerbread Smurf cookies, and Tapper was making up eggnog for the Smurfs to drink. Empath was overseeing all the preparations with Polaris Psyche monitoring the activities as the security chief, making sure that things don't get out of hand with all the excitement that was in the air.
"Why, hello there, Empath," Smurfette greeted as she passed by him carrying another box of ornaments to place on the tree. "Have you seen Wild smurf into the village yet?"
"He should be coming soon, Smurfette, but given how nervous he is around his fellow Smurfs, he may be trying to come into the village without anybody's notice," Empath said.
"I just wish he wouldn't have to smurf that way, Empath," Smurfette said. "I know that he's new around here, but smurfing his way into the village with all this stealth feels a little bit creepy."
"But you do expect him to arrive for the Christmas celebration as well, Smurfette," Empath said.
"Of course I do, Empath," Smurfette said. "I have smurfed up a wonderful present specifically for him, and I want to make sure that he smurfs it from me so that he knows that I'm thinking of him."
"This smurf senses that he may also be thinking of you in a manner similar to how most of the adult Smurfs are thinking of you, which should go without saying," Empath said. "But this smurf isn't certain how you will handle the kind of attention you may be getting from him in that respect."
"Well, he is kind of attractive in his own smurfy way, Empath," Smurfette said. "It makes me wonder if you're jealous of him smurfing my attention away from you because of how he smurfs."
"This smurf would never compete with any other Smurf in the aspect of physical appearance, Smurfette," Empath said. "If the way that Wild normally presents himself to you is what you find attractive, then you shouldn't let this smurf stand in the way of where you want your heart to be directed to."
"Oh, Empath, why do you have to assume that a Smurf like him is going to smurf me away from you?" Smurfette asked.
"This smurf doesn't want you to feel like you're obligated to remain tethered to this smurf when we're not certain that we're going to be married to each other, Smurfette," Empath said. "If Wild can give you that kind of happiness that this smurf may not be able to give you in the long run, then you should be free to decide for yourself whether he is the right kind of Smurf for you to marry."
"Empath, I barely even know him," Smurfette said. "I'm not in a rush to smurf down the altar with any Smurf, including him. You need to relax and not be afraid whenever you see me smurfing around with him, especially during the holidays. I'm a big enough Smurfette to know how to handle myself around a Smurf like Wild."
"This smurf doesn't sense anything of Wild that would make this smurf fearful for your safety, Smurfette," Empath said. "This smurf will let you handle how you wish to interact with him without any interference."
"Just so you know, Empath, I do think of you often smurfing in a loincloth just like Wild," Smurfette said, slipping Empath a wink before she walked off.
Empath sighed as he watched Smurfette. It never ceased to amaze him to find out how much interest Smurfette had in him physically.

Meanwhile, in another part of the village, Wild was hiding himself behind a barrel with his squirrel friend Chitter in tow, looking at all the Christmas preparations and wondering what was going on.
"I know, Chitter...all this is very strange to me," Wild said. "We never smurfed anything like this where we live."
Just then, the Smurflings came rushing by. "Smurfabunga," Snappy said. "I want to smurf some decorations on the tree."
"Decorations?" Wild said to Chitter, who just shrugged his shoulders, not knowing what that meant either. He decided to rush in for a closer look.
"Look who decided to show up, Brainy," Duncan pointed out as they both saw Wild approaching them.
"Well, well, well, if it isn't Wild, Wild, Wild," Brainy said in such a condescending tone. "I didn't think you would smurf up for this event, even if it was Empath and Smurfette that invited you to come."
"This village is just as much his home as it is also ours, laddie," Duncan said. "He wants to smurf the holidays with us, then he's more than welcome to smurf."
"Now that you're here, Wild, how about helping us smurf up the garland?" Brainy asked, watching as Wild was sniffing it. "You just take this and smurf it up onto the rooftops of the houses. I'm sure you would know how to smurf that."
Wild took the garland with him, but headed in another direction with it. He thought that the garland was a vine, and so climbed up onto the rooftop of a house and swung with it across to the rooftop of another house. Brainy and Duncan ducked to avoid a collision, but when Wild landed on the other rooftop, he began to lose his footing. He quickly grabbed the garland and swung in another direction, landing right on top of a snow Smurf that Baby and Painter were busy building.
"Quelle misere, M'sieu Wild...you've just ruined my masteurpiesa," Painter complained as Wild poked his head out of the snow pile that was the snow Smurf, spitting out the carrot that was in his mouth.
Brainy came over to collect the garland that fell wrapped around the snow pile. "I should never have trusted you with my tinsel," he snorted.
"Oh, don't get your knickers in a smurf, Brainy," Duncan said. "It was only an accident. Wild didn't mean to smurf any harm with it, and the same thing should be smurfed to you, Painter."
"You have no taste for true artistry at work, M'sieu Gutsy," Painter ranted. "You would most likely knock my snow Smurfs down with that quartersmurf of yours."
"That's Duncan McSmurf to you, Painter, and I would rather be knocking snow Smurfs down than knocking Smurf heads together, unless some Smurfs give me reason to," Duncan said.
"Hi, Wild," Nat said as he approached while ringing a Christmas bell. "Are you here to help with the Christmas decorations?"
Wild seemed curious about the object Nat was carrying. He grabbed it and tried swinging it around, listening to the bell ringing, and then placed it on top of his head like it was a hat.
Nat laughed. "You're not supposed to wear it, Wild...you're supposed to ring it."
"Forget it, Nat," Brainy said as he snatched the bell away from Wild. "This is one Smurf who doesn't know a bell from a bonnet."
Wild quickly dug himself out of the snow pile and scurried his way up through the Christmas tree, meeting up with Smurfette while she was on the ladder placing ornaments on the highest branches.
"Oh, hello there, Wild...fancy smurfing you here like this," Smurfette greeted. "Would you like to help me smurf up some decorations?"
"Decorations?" Wild asked, uncertain what that meant.
"It's just little things that we smurf up just to make the village smurf all bright and cheery for the holidays," Smurfette explained.
"I would like to help, Smurfette, but I don't know how," Wild said, just before he found himself slipping down from the tree, knocking a few ornaments off, much to the displeasure of Vanity.
"Papa Smurf, this savage Smurf has dismantled some of my decorations," Vanity shouted, getting the village leader's attention.
"Not to mention he was smurfing around with my tinsel," Brainy added.
"Now, now, my little Smurfs," Papa Smurf said as he removed some of the decorations from Wild's ears. "You can't expect Wild to know everything there is about Christmas right off the smurf, because this is his first Christmas with us. Anyway, my young Smurf, I am so pleased to smurf you again."
"Thank you, Papa Smurf," Wild said, smiling.
Then Empath approached the tree. "Salutations, fellow Wild," he greeted. "This smurf was hoping you would show up sooner or later, but this smurf is honored to see you all the same."
"Empath, my friend," Wild said as he received a hug from Empath. "This is a strange gathering you have invited me to. What is this called?"
"It's called Christmas, Wild," Empath answered. "It's the time of the season when Smurfs celebrate the change to winter with all sorts of festivities and presents that are given to one another. It is a time of joy, love, and peace that we share with one another, to think of those who are less fortunate than ourselves and to offer charity upon them."
"All this is so new to me, Empath," Wild said.
"We'll help you celebrate your first Christmas together, Wild," Smurfette said, taking his hand and showing him around. One of the places she took him to was Jokey wrapping up his own "surprise presents" for his fellow Smurfs to open on Christmas.
Wild picked up a piece of ribbon and looked at it. "What is this used for?" he asked.
"That is what's called a ribbon, Wild," Smurfette answered. "We use it to wrap up our Christmas presents."
Wild wondered what he could do with the ribbon, and then quickly he tied up Brainy with it until even his mouth is covered in ribbon.
"Uh, that's not the kind of present that I have in mind, Wild," Smurfette said.
"Maybe not you, but it's one present that I would enjoy not unwrapping," Jokey said, laughing.
"Smrrf mmmh mmmou mmmoh mmmmih," Brainy mumbled, trying to get free of the ribbon.
"This smurf apologizes, Brainy," Empath said, trying to keep himself from laughing. "Here, let this smurf loose you from the ribbon."
"At least some Smurfs around here still respect me," Brainy complained as soon as the ribbon was removed from his mouth.
"You're this smurf's brother, Brainy, but if you don't treat Wild Smurf with any respect, even at this holiday season, this smurf may be tempted to just let him wrap you up again," Empath said.
"You wouldn't smurf that to me...would you?" Brainy said.
Just then, Polaris appeared. "This one has just finished another tour of the village and is reporting that all activities in the vicinity are still under control, Papa Smurf," he said.
"I'm pleased to hear the report, Polaris, though I doubt that any Smurf around here would want to smurf any trouble around Christmas," Papa Smurf said as he picked up one of the presents that was under the tree.
"This one wishes to know where you are going with that present, Papa Smurf," Polaris said.
"I'm going to make a personal delivery to Homnibus the enchanter, Polaris," Papa Smurf said.
"This smurf hopes that he is enjoying the holiday safe and warm with his servant Oliver," Empath said.
"I'll be back soon, Empath, so you'll be in charge until I return, and then we can open our presents together," Papa Smurf said.
"But Papa Smurf, why can't we open our presents now?" Brainy asked, not liking having to wait.
"Because Grandpa Smurf and Sassette have not returned home yet," Papa Smurf answered.
"Well, where could those two have gone to on Christmas Eve?" Snappy asked.
"Grandpa Smurf has a special Christmas present for Sassette that he wants to share with her personally, Snappy," Empath said.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-03-2019 01:59 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 2

"Good King Wenceslas looked out, on the Feast of Stephen,
When the snow lay round about, deep and crisp and even;
Brightly shone the moon that night, tho' the frost was cruel,
When a poor man came in sight, gath'ring winter fuel."

This was the song played by a minstrel in a human village not far from the Smurf Forest, which Grandpa Smurf had taken Sassette to for his own personal Christmas present he wanted to share with the young female Smurfling. Throughout the marketplace there was a lot of commotion as jesters and acrobats put on their entertainments for the masses, marketers were selling crafts of all kinds, and merchants were peddling all sorts of food and drink. One of them was juggling a few apples around from his cart when one of them fell to the ground.
"So this is what a human village is like during Christmas, Grampy?" Sassette asked as she and Grandpa Smurf peered out from behind the wagon of the apple cart, watching the apple fall to the ground.
"Not too different from our own village, youngster...only much bigger," Grandpa Smurf said. He picked up the apple that had fallen. "Care for a bite?"
"All of this is just so exciting for me to watch, I can't even think of eating," Sassette said. "Smurf at the toys that are being smurfed, especially that puppet that the old man is smurfing with. Can we smurf a closer look?"
"Why, certainly, Sassy," Grandpa Smurf said. "But let's make sure that the humans don't smurf us."
The elder Smurf and the Smurfling crossed safely between the carts on the street when nobody was looking, with Grandpa Smurf still carrying the apple with him. In an alley that the two Smurfs passed by, a hooded figure peered out and watched the scene with wicked delight.
"Christmas, my favorite time of year," the hooded figure said. "It's when everybody's purse is full of gold, and just ripe for the picking." He watched as a man was pulling out gold from his purse to purchase a necklace that a woman was selling. "There's a fat juicy Christmas goose just waiting to be plucked."
The hooded figure slipped out of the alley, ready to make his move. He passed by Sassette and Grandpa Smurf as they were passing through, trying not to be noticed.
Grandpa Smurf barely spotted the human figure. "Now that was a close one," he exhaled with some relief.
"Grandpa, look," Sassette said, pointing toward the same human figure and watching as he was secreting the other man's coin purse out of his coat pocket. "Why did that human steal the other one's money?"
Grandpa saw the same thing happen. "I don't know, Sassy, but not all humans have smurfy intentions in mind."
The other man felt something missing from his pocket, and then turned around and noticed. "My money is gone!" he cried out.
"Slippery salamanders, Grampy, that hooded man's getting away," Sassette said as they both watched him make a run with the other man's coin purse.
"Not for long, if my aim is smurf," Grandpa Smurf said. He threw his apple straight at the hooded man's hands, knocking the coin purse to the ground and causing him to yelp in pain.
The other man heard his coin purse jingle. He turned to see the hooded figure. "My money!" he cried out. "Stop! Thief!"
"Ah, curses," the hooded figure said as he ran for the safety of an alleyway to hide in.
"Smurfabunga! That was an awesome move you smurfed!" Sassette said, hugging Grandpa Smurf.
"After all these years, I haven't lost my smurfing arm," Grandpa Smurf said. "Of course, now we just lost a very good apple."
"We'll smurf another one, won't we, Grampy," Sassette said. "After all, you know how to smurf things out in the world better than any of us can."
"That may be true, young one, but let me tell you, humans aren't always known for smurfing a charitable spirit among even themselves," Grandpa Smurf said.
One of the marketers, an old man who was selling puppets, looked at his wares and then at the passing crowd with a sigh. "Alas, my little ones, it seems that no one is interested in adopting you," he said sadly. "Come, I will take you home where we are needed." He grabbed the handles of his cart and started pulling it down the road away from the marketplace.
"It's so sad that nobody wants his toys, Grampy," Sassette said, as she and Grandpa Smurf watched the old man head away with his wagon.
"Well, maybe someone does," Grandpa Smurf said, noticing a young boy racing up to the wagon.
"Sir, please wait," the boy called out. "I've been admiring your toys."
The old man stopped his cart to answer the boy. "Ah, don't be shy," he said. "Come closer and let me show you one of them." He pulled out one of his puppets and demonstrated how it moved by pulling on its strings from both ends. "So, you really like my funny little puppets?"
"Oh, yes, sir," the boy said, sounding very excited as he watched the toy in action.
"I am sure that you will give this one a good home," the old man said, sounding pleased as he gave the boy the puppet in his hand. "Have a merry Christmas."
"For me?" the boy said, sounding grateful. "Oh, thank you, kind sir. I'll never forget it."
"Hans!" another voice broke in, sounding upset.
"Father, I was just...," the boy said as he watched a man wearing fine clothes approach him, looking rather stern.
"How many times have I told you, boy, not to consort with peasants?" the father said as he dragged the boy to the carriage where his wife was waiting in. "These poor people live in hovels across the river, while you live in a fine home, so keep away from them."
"Oh, Willem, must you be so harsh?" the wife scolded.
"Miranda, our son must know the true station in life that he belongs in," Willem responded. "And one of those lessons is not to accept gifts from them." He grabbed the puppet from Hans and threw it under the carriage.
"But the nice old man made that puppet, Father," Hans commented.
"I will get you much better toys than that, my son," Willem said as he got into the carriage with his son and wife. The driver immediately got the carriage going, and Sassette and Grandpa Smurf watched along with the old man as the puppet was crushed under the wheels of the carriage as it drove off.
"That wasn't a very nice father to just smurf that boy's toy away from him like that, Grampy," Sassette said.
"Unfortunately, that's how humans who have money treat those who don't have much to live on, Sassy," Grandpa Smurf said. "If only I could give that human a good piece of my smurf...but alas, he isn't my child to smurf care of."
"If only more children had fathers like Pappy Smurf," Sassette said.
The old man shed a tear as he watched one of his hand-crafted works get destroyed with such callousness. All he wanted was to see children be happy playing with the toys that he made for them, but it looked like Hans will never have the chance to do so.
As he picked up his cart and moved on, the female jewelry merchant greeted him. "Leaving so soon, Gustav?" she asked, sounding concerned.
"It's my wife," the old man replied. "She's been so sick, and I have the doctor looking in on her. I must go to see how she is doing."
"I only hope for the best, Gustav," the jewelry merchant said with some honest feeling.
"Why does that old man smurf so unhappy, Grampy?" Sassette asked as she and Grandpa Smurf watched Gustav depart from the village.
"I honestly don't know, my grandsmurf, but it may be worth following him just to find out," Grandpa Smurf said.

And so the two Smurfs followed the old man as he carried his cart from the center of the village to the outskirts, where the poorest of its human residents live. At one of the houses, Gustav stopped and met with an old graying bearded man who was at the door.
"Doctor," Gustav greeted. "My wife! How is she?"
"I've done all that I could with her, Gustav, but her spirit is very weak," the doctor replied. "She's resting quietly now in the other room."
"Tell me, is there anything that I could do?" Gustav asked.
"Perhaps with the Christmas season, her spirit may be revived," the doctor said. "Otherwise, this may be her..."
"I know what you're going to say," Gustav said, keeping the doctor from saying anything more. "Thank you for coming, and merry Christmas to you."
The two Smurfs watched through the window as the doctor took his leave from the house, and Gustav entered the bedroom with one of his puppets. "Elise, my darling, this is one of my puppets," he said as she slowly opened her eyes to see him.
"Oh, it is a Jumping Jill," Elise said as she reached out and pulled one of the strings to make the puppet move. "It reminds me of a Christmas long ago...with children's laughter, people singing...and I hung a Christmas star on top of the tree."
"Yes, my dear, and we made Christmas wishes on it," Gustav said, smiling along with his wife.
Elise took hold of the puppet and looked sadly at it. "Alas, those days seem like they won't happen ever again. And I fear that Christmas wishes won't come true anymore for me."
"They can come true, Elise," Gustav said, pulling a book from a nearby table. "Remember the story about Christmas elves, how they come to those in need at this time of year to offer the desires of their hearts."
"This time it will take more than just fairy tales to truly make this a merry Christmas," Elise said, not wishing to look at the picture Gustav was showing her from the book of a Christmas elf. "Now, please, darling, I need my rest."
Gustav watched as his wife closed her eyes and went back to sleep. He loved seeing her going to sleep in the years they had together, but he never liked the idea that one of these days Elise would never wake up. The village preacher tried to offer some comfort in the hope that they would be united together in heaven, but that to him seemed more of a fairy tale than the Christmas elves he believed in.
Gustav sighed as he left the bedroom and quietly closed the door. "If only I could make a Christmas eve that is bright enough to cheer her up," he said to himself. "I would long to see the rosy color come back to her cheeks."
Sassette felt a tear coming from her eye watching the scene. "Oh, Grampy, isn't there anything we can do to help them?"
Grandpa Smurf thought for a moment, and then suddenly: "I think I have it! Come along, little one, it's time for us to smurf back to the village!"
Sassette followed Grandpa Smurf as they leaped off the windowsill and headed out of the village, trying to keep themselves from being seen, even though there were very few humans outside that night because of the snow.
Gustav's attention was briefly turned toward the window, where he for a moment thought he saw two pairs of tiny footprints in the snow on the windowsill. He thought that maybe there were Christmas elves that had visited him, but then suddenly the wind covered the footprints back up until he couldn't see any evidence that there was anybody on his windowsill, even elves.

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-03-2019 02:01 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 3

Meanwhile, in the Smurf Village, Christmas preparations continue to be underway. Empath and Wild are both watching Culinary preparing the Christmas feast that they will all have that evening with the help of Gelato and Vino. Empath could sense that Wild was salivating like crazy, waiting to get a taste of the meal.
"So how's our wayward Smurf doing on the eve of Christmas, my fellow Wild?" Tapper asked as he appeared with two mugs of hot chocolate, handing one of them to Empath and the other to Wild.
"I never felt anything like this before," Wild answered as he took of mug of hot chocolate and drank it all in a single gulp.
"That would be excitement, and I wouldn't blame you for feeling that way on a holiday that you never smurfed part in until now," Tapper said. "It warms my heart to think you'll be smurfing here for a while, and I'm sure your friend Chitter is also welcome to smurf here for the winter."
"The forest is my home, Tapper, but my friends are also here," Wild said, handing Tapper back the mug. "I miss smurfing around with Empath and Smurfette and Papa Smurf and Brainy and Hefty and Handy and Nat and Sassy and all the others."
"You are certainly growing, Wild," Tapper said. "When Empath first smurfed you the ability to talk, you could only smurf a few words at a time, and now you're smurfing as if you've been doing it all your life. I could only wonder how long it will be before you smurf more of an interest in smurfing here with your fellow Smurfs instead of smurfing out into the wild with your squirrel friends."
"I feel that the squirrels are my family," Wild said. "I will never stop feeling more like a squirrel than I do a Smurf."
"This smurf understands that feeling, Wild," Empath said. "Even though this smurf has embraced more of the Smurf way of living over the years that this smurf has visited the village, it will always seem that this smurf will be a Psyche at heart. This smurf could never stop completely feeling or even talking like one despite how much other Smurfs may not like how this smurf talks most of the time."
"Is that why you wear that suit in winter?" Wild asked.
"It's also the reason that this smurf wears a shirt with this smurf's hat and pants, Wild," Empath said. "This smurf envies the freedom you have in how you present yourself, and admittedly this smurf senses that same envy in most of our fellow Smurfs. As much as they may not like how you behave, they can't help wondering what it must be like to be you."
Tapper snorted. "Well, I wouldn't say that every Smurf is that jealous of Wild in that respect, Empath. But I'm not the one who has to live Wild's life or yours, so I'll leave those decisions about what you will wear in your hands."
"Let's leave Culinary to his feast preparations and see what else is taking place in the village," Empath suggested.
Wild followed Empath as he and Tapper left the kitchen. Just then, Smurfette appeared. "Yoohoo, Wild, I have something to smurf you," she said, greeting him with a kiss.
"You just smurfed a bit of color in Wild's cheeks there, my dear Smurfette," Tapper commented, seeing his fellow Smurf blush.
"Well, just for that, Tapper, you're also smurfing the same gift," Smurfette said, kissing Tapper on the cheek.
"Great Smurfiny Crickets, my fellow Wild, we've just been kissed under the mistletoe," Tapper said, rubbing his cheeks as he was feeling himself blush.
"And this smurf has a pretty good feeling of knowing who put it there, Tapper," Empath said, looking suspiciously at Smurfette.
Smurfette giggled. "Don't worry, Empath. I'm smurfing up a special one that is just for you, but you'll have to wait until we exchange presents."
After Smurfette had walked off, Tapper and Empath noticed that Wild was still in a daze from the kiss he received. "This smurf senses that Wild is going to have this kind of reaction for a while, Tapper," Empath commented.
"Aye, I'm so glad that we're his chaperones for this holiday season, Empath," Tapper said, taking hold of one of Wild's arms while Empath took hold of the other. "Come, let us smurf him to my tavern for a bit of a refreshing chaser."
"Oh, what a mate she will be for me," Wild said, sounding ecstatic. "I can't wait to smurf her to my tree house someday."
"Perhaps someday she may decide that you will be her one true love for all time, Wild," Empath said.

Sometime later, Sassette and Grandpa Smurf have reached the outskirts of the Smurf Village. "Hey, wait up for your Grandpa, youngster," Grandpa Smurf said as he was following behind her.
"And I thought you were fast for someone that's twice Pappy's age," Sassette said. "Anyway, here we are, back home in the Smurf Village."
"Let's see if we can get the other Smurfs to help us with our problem," Grandpa Smurf said as they entered the village.
Sassette saw her fellow Smurflings playing Christmas music with their instruments. "Hey, Smurflings, me and Grampy need your help to smurf some Christmas cheer to a nice old lady who's sick," she said as she interrupted their practice.
"Sassy, you've ruining our practice sesssion," Nat said with some displeasure.
"We want our Christmas music to smurf professional," Slouchy added.
"Yeah, go smurf up an instrument to join us or go smurf out of here," Snappy said.
"I can't believe it, Grampy, that my fellow Smurflings don't want to help out," Sassette said as she rejoined Grandpa Smurf.
"Don't worry about it, young one," Grandpa Smurf said. "We still have a whole village of Smurfs to ask. We're sure to find help when we need it."

And so Sassette and Grandpa Smurf asked around for any Smurfs who were willing to help them on their Christmas mission. However, most of the Smurfs were just too busy with their own things, and some just offered their own presents if they thought they might help. This was starting to frustrate the two Smurfs, who thought that the others would be so willing to put aside their own Christmas preparations to offer some charity relief for somebody else.
They just gotten finished asking Greedy, who was too busy with his own baking and food preparations, when Sassette saw Smurfette hanging up Christmas wreaths on every Smurf's door. She ran over to the door Smurfette was hanging a wreath upon to ask.
"Oh, Smurfette, you've just got to listen," Sassette said. "There's this poor old woman in a human village me and Grandpa had smurfed to who is really sick and we..."
"Oh, you poor thing, I'm so sorry," Smurfette said.
"Really?" Sassette asked "Then does that mean you will help us?"
"I mean that I'm so sorry that I can't stay to listen, Sassette," Smurfette said as she walked off. "I've got to finish smurfing up these wreaths."
Sassette looked glum as Grandpa Smurf came to see how it went. "Even Smurfette is just too busy, Grandpa Smurf," she said, her eyes filling with tears. "I have no idea what we're going to smurf."
"All we can smurf now is to smurf it ourselves, youngster," Grandpa Smurf said consolingly. "The other Smurfs may not have the heart to smurf someone else's Christmas ahead of their own, but we're going to smurf it with or without them."
Just then, Empath appeared with Wild, Tapper, and Polaris. "This smurf senses that you're having trouble with an important mission of charity that the other Smurfs won't participate in," Empath said.
"I thought every Smurf in here would be willing to help out, Empath," Sassette said. "Me and Grandpa Smurf saw this poor old lady who is so sick and in need of some Christmas cheer. If we don't smurf her the kind of Christmas that will smurf up her spirits, then this Christmas may end up...being her..."
"How could every Smurf only think for themselves at this time of year, Empath?" Tapper said incredulously.
"As Papa Smurf's assistant counselor who's given charge of leadership in the Smurf Village, you could exercise your authority to have all the Smurfs participate in this 'charity mission' that Sassette and Grandpa Smurf are undertaking, Empath," Polaris said.
"That's not the point of charity, Polaris," Empath said. "It has to be something that the Smurfs are willing to do from their hearts, not something that is forced upon them like the Psyche Master's directives." He then turned to Grandpa Smurf and Sassette. "This smurf would be honored to give you the help that you need."
"Oh, thank you, Empath," Sassette cried out, sounding happy. "I knew that of all the Smurfs I can still count on you."
"Then that would require you to pass on the leadership role to another until Papa Smurf returns from Homnibus, Empath," Polaris reminded.
"You are correct, Polaris," Empath said. "This smurf will leave you in charge of the village, with Tapper as your assistant. This smurf will contact you in case there is any emergency."
"This smurf understands and acknowledges, Empath," Polaris said, nodding with acceptance.
"May the luck of the Smurfish be with the three of you," Tapper said.

Soon, Empath, Sassette, and Grandpa Smurf had set out into the woods each carrying a sack of presents that they hope to deliver to the sick old lady in the human village. "You think that we will smurf there in time, Empath?" Sassette asked.
"It's not the kind of weather that even Tracker wants to go out in, Sassette," Empath said. "With all this wind and snow, flying us all through it would be rather risky using this smurf's minds-eye. This smurf would rather be fortunate to arrive at our destination in one piece regardless of how things turn out for our intended recipient."
"It's not easy carrying these sacks along with us, youngster," Grandpa Smurf said.
"Maybe we won't have to smurf these heavy sacks, Grampy," Sassette said. "Look!"
The three of them soon saw Wild with his friend Chitter pulling a sled that he had constructed together. "Can I smurf along to help you with those sacks?" Wild asked.
"Well, smurfatootie, would you smurf at that!" Grandpa Smurf said.
Empath smiled. "If you can help get us to the human village faster, you're more than welcome to come along with us, Wild."
And soon the four Smurfs are riding on a sled through the snowy forest, with Chitter pulling them forward to their destination.
"This smurf didn't know that you were a builder, Wild," Empath said.
"Something I smurfed up when I was smurfing alone in the forest, Empath," Wild said.
"At least this will smurf us some steps even for these old feet to smurf," Grandpa Smurf said. "I just hope we can smurf there in time to give the old lady some Christmas cheer."

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-03-2019 02:03 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 4

Sometime after Empath, Sassette, and Grandpa Smurf left, Papa Smurf arrived in the Smurf Village riding on Feathers while carrying a present. Tracker watched as Papa Smurf and Feathers came in for a safe landing.
"You smurfed here just in time, Papa Smurf," Tracker said. "The weather's really starting to smurf up in the forest. I want to make sure you smurfed home safely before things smurf from bad to worse out there."
"I'm quite all right, Tracker, thank you," Papa Smurf said as he dismounted from Feathers. He quickly raced to the village center with his present to find the Smurf that the present was addressed to when Greedy, Biscotti, and Culinary showed up.
"The Christmas dinner is ready, Papa Schlumpf," Culinary said. "We're ready to smurf whenever you are."
"I've got some desserts and muffins smurfed up for the dinner," Greedy said, eating one of the muffins he was carrying on a tray.
"And there's gingerbread Smurf cookies all freshly baked and smurfed hot right out of the oven," Biscotti said.
Then Brainy appeared. "Oh, Papa Smurf, now can we exchange presents with each other?" he asked.
"I don't see why not, Brainy," Papa Smurf answered. "This is a present from Homnibus the enchanter to Grandpa Smurf...speaking of whom, where is he? And where's Sassette? Haven't they returned from town yet?"
"They came back all right, Papa Smurf," Greedy said. "They kept smurfing on about some humans in a village that need our help, but I was just too busy to listen."
"Same thing with me, Papa Smurf," Biscotti said.
"I wasn't going to drop dinner preparations when I and my workers were so close to finishing, Papa Schlumpf," Culinary said.
"Oh, they've just gone to the human village with Empath and Wild Smurf," Brainy said as he picked up a present from under the Christmas tree. "Can you believe it, Papa Smurf...three Smurfs willing to leave a smurfectly good Christmas party just to help some old humans?"
"Empath's also gone with them?" Papa Smurf asked.
"Indeed he has, Papa Smurf," Polaris Psyche said as he approached with Tapper. "They have left some time ago after Sassette and Grandpa Smurf have asked the entire village to volunteer their time and efforts for this 'charity mission' that the two Smurfs were planning to undertake. So far the only known volunteers have been Empath and Wild."
"Ah, now I see," Papa Smurf said. "It seems that you Smurfs have been so wrapped up in preparing for our Christmas celebration that you have ignored those who are less fortunate than yourselves. You have all forgotten what this holiday is really all about."
"Oh, I'm so sorry, Papa Smurf," Smurfette said, realizing her error. "I just hope those four Smurfs, including Empath and Wild, are all right."
"Couldn't we also do something to help those humans have a merry Christmas?" Slouchy asked.
"I know what we can do," Snappy said. "We can smurf them all of our presents."
"That sounds great and all, but Grandpa Smurf says that they don't even have a tree," Hefty said.
"Nay, but we do, and if we truly want them to have a merry Christmas, Hefty, we might as well smurf them ours," Duncan said.
"Well, smurf me a hand with this tree, Gutsy," Hefty said as and Duncan began to pick up the Christmas tree from its base.
"That's Duncan to you, Hefty," Duncan said.
Every Smurf decided to lend a hand in gathering up all the decorations and gifts from the village. They too felt sorry for the old lady and wanted to help in any way to brighten up her Christmas.
"Now this is the true spirit of Christmas in action, my fellow Smurfs," Tapper said, also gathering up the gifts.

Soon the entire village looked like it was bare for the holiday season, as the Smurfs had gathered up a dozen sacks full of decorations and toys ready to be taken to the human village outside the Smurf Forest.
"Now how are we going to smurf all these presents to their house?" Smurfette asked.
"Have faith, my dear Smurfette," Tapper said. "I'm sure the answer will smurf along shortly."
And soon they heard barking as Puppy came by pulling a big sled on a harness, with several Smurfs riding it and the Christmas tree all set to travel.
"All who can smurf on board this thing, hop on and let's get smurfing," Hefty called out.
"Now, Polaris, I'm leaving you in charge of this village until I return, which hopefully will be in the morning," Papa Smurf said as the sacks and a few more Smurfs boarded the sled.
"This smurf understands and acknowledges, Papa Smurf," Polaris said. "May the spirits of the Great Ancestors guide and protect you on this journey."
"Come on, Brainy, let's get smurfing," Hefty called out.
"Are you kidding? This is absosmurfly ridiculous," Brainy said, folding his arms and scoffing at the whole idea. And then he saw the sled taking off without him. "Hey, wait for me!" he cried out as he ran off to catch up with it.
Hefty and Duncan grabbed Brainy and pulled him on board the sled. "Oh, what a relief!" Brainy exhaled.
"This is a Christmas that nobody wants to smurf all by themselves, Brainy," Duncan said, smiling. "I'm glad that you decided to smurf with us."
Meanwhile, back in the village, Polaris and Tapper watched the sled carrying the dozen or so Smurfs disappear into the forest. "I pray for the Almighty's protection upon them during this mission of mercy," Tapper said.

Out further in the forest, the snow was getting so deep that Chitter couldn't pull the sled any further, and so Empath, Wild, and Grandpa Smurf had to abandon the sled and carry the sacks. "Come along, Sassette," Empath coaxed.
"This snowstorm is smurfing really heavy, Empath," Sassette said as she tried to follow along as best as she could through the deep snow.
"I know, my little grandsmurf, but I've smurfed through some tough storms before when I was your age," Grandpa Smurf said.
"This smurf had to endure survival courses in this kind of weather, Sassette," Empath said. "And Wild must have endured this enough times when he was living out in the forest apart from the Smurfs."
"It does make me wish that I had fur like a real squirrel just to keep warm, Empath," Wild said.
"Do you think we're going to make it, Grampy?" Sassette asked.
"I don't know, Sassy, but we're going to try nevertheless," Grandpa Smurf said.

Some distance behind, as the sled continued on its way, Brainy noticed the snow was getting deeper. "Oh, Papa Smurf, we should turn around and smurf back home," he warned.
"No, Brainy," Papa Smurf called back. "We keep smurfing forward until we find Grandpa Smurf and the others."
"There's got to be some way we can let them know that we're coming," Smurfette said.
Baby Smurf found a bell near his seat. He picked it up and started ringing it.
Papa Smurf turned around and noticed the ringing bell. "Now that is a smurfy idea, Baby. We can use the bell to signal the other Smurfs."
As Baby kept ringing the bell, its noise was picked up by Sassette and the three other Smurfs ahead of the sled. "Hey, Grampy, you hear that?" she called out. "It must be Santa Claus."
Grandpa Smurf also heard some barking. "Unless Santa's got some barking reindeer to pull his sleigh," he commented.
Then suddenly Puppy jumped and landed right near them, sounding excited to have found the other four Smurfs. "Salutations, fellow Puppy," Empath greeted with a sigh of relief.
"We just figured that you could smurf the company this Christmas eve," Papa Smurf said as he dismounted from the sled.

Soon Empath, Wild, Sassette, and Grandpa Smurf were riding along on the sled, headed in the direction of the human village where the toymaker's house is located. Grandpa Smurf sat with Papa Smurf in front to lead the way while Empath, Wild, and Chitter sat in the back with Brainy.
"Yes, Empath, Papa Smurf and I decided that we're going to smurf the holiday spirit with those needy humans," Brainy said.
"We're honored to know that you had a change of mind and heart about this mission, Brainy," Empath said, smiling.
Chitter gave Brainy a friendly lick and a kiss, which made him feel somewhat disgusted.
"I think that my friend really likes you, Brainy," Wild said, also smiling.
"Oh, very funny, Wild, very funny," Brainy said.
Empath laughed. "What's wrong, Brainy? You don't enjoy our animal friends in the forest sharing the holiday spirit with you?"
"Smurfing Puppy around is all the 'holiday spirit' that I can stand from any animals in the forest, Empath...not that I don't appreciate what they do for us throughout the entire year," Brainy said.
"This smurf understands how uncomfortable you are with animals, Brainy," Empath said. "But all the same, they're just as welcome to spend the holidays with us as Wild Smurf is. You can't expect them to act as civilized as the Smurfs are, no matter how friendly they may seem."
"And you used to think that we Smurfs are so uncivilized, Empath, compared to those Psyches that you used to smurf with," Brainy said.
"Perhaps our definitions of 'civilization' need some adjustment, if we're going to live in peace with each other, Brainy," Empath said.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-03-2019 02:07 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 5

Meanwhile, back in the outskirts of the human village, in the house that Gustav and his wife Elise were living in, Elise was snuffing out the candle on the table beside her bed. "Oh, please put out the light and come to bed, Gustav," Elise called out. "Christmas Eve is over."
"Ja, Elise," Gustav replied, moving around the logs in the fireplace in order to snuff out the fire. "And tomorrow you will be healthy again...I hope."
And with the last light in the house turned off, Gustav entered the bedroom and rested beside his wife. He remembered when things were much happier in the early days of their marriage, how there was much love and joy and happiness because of his toys and her enthusiasm and encouragement for him to follow his dreams. Now it seems that the best years of their lives were behind them, and that he may have to live the rest of his life without the woman that made his own worth living. Now the only thing left he could put his hope in is for a miracle to happen.
He remembered hearing from the village preacher that with God all things were possible, and that His Son could heal people just by speaking a word or touching them. It sounded too much like a fantasy, and yet now he couldn't pull away from the possibility that the preacher may be right, that it may be time for him to put his hope in something much greater than fairy tales.
"Oh, dear God," he whispered as he laid back on his bed, "I know how undeserving I am, and that I haven't been much of a believer in You. I don't ask for much, except that you would look upon my dear wife Elise and give her the comfort and healing that she needs. Anything that you want, I would gladly give to You, if that would mean I would have more years with my wife, for whom I am grateful. If this is to be her last Christmas, please take her home with You and may she know the peace and joy of being with You forever. In the name of Your Son Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen."
And after the prayer, Gustav closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Meanwhile, in another house in the same area, the hooded figure seen earlier peeked out from the door of his hideout and looked around, seeing how quiet everything is with the snow falling and everyone else gone to sleep. Everyone, that is, except for some possible travelers in the night.
"Ah, nothing like a good Christmas evening for some purse snatching," the hooded figure said to himself. "Rich people hurrying home with their presents, too busy to guard their gold." He set out to walk through the empty streets, rubbing his hands together as he delighted in the thought of finding easy prey.
As he was doing this, Papa Smurf and his sled full of Smurfs being pulled by Puppy had just entered the village outskirts. "That village smurfs much bigger than our own, Empath," Wild commented.
"That's because it's a human village, Wild," Empath explained. "We'll have to travel through it in order to reach our destination."
"We should be careful not to let the humans smurf us, Papa Smurf, if we're going to smurf to the toymaker's house safely," Grandpa Smurf cautioned.
"I agree, Grandpa Smurf," Papa Smurf said. "I'll direct Puppy to smurf through the alleyways."
Puppy then made a turn into a nearby alleyway. "These houses are just as tall as the trees, Empath," Wild mentioned as they traveled through the alleyway.
"Everything in a human village is so big, Wild," Empath said. "This is their world, and we're the strangers who are entering into it. Just stay close to us, and you'll be fine."
"I hope these humans are friendly, Empath," Wild said.
At that moment, Willem was walking home carrying a stack of presents. "These gifts will surprise Hans, and he will so happy with them that he will forget whatever toys those peasants can make," he said to himself. He found himself shivering from how cold the weather is, and then looked toward an alleyway that was next to him. "I think I'll take this shortcut home."
Willem walked down the alleyway, passing by a turn where the hooded figure was waiting. He peeked out when he heard footsteps passing by him and saw a bag of gold that was hanging on Willem's belt. He smiled as he saw his first catch of the night and stepped out in order to take it.
Willem didn't notice anything happening until he felt his belt getting lighter, and then he stopped and looked to see that his bag of gold was gone. He then caught a glimpse of the hooded figure as he slipped off toward another alleyway. "Stop! Thief!" he cried out.
At the same time, the sled with the Smurfs had entered the same alley as Willem. "Uh-oh, there's a human straight ahead of us," Grandpa Smurf warned.
"Faster, Puppy," Papa Smurf coaxed. "Let's smurf between his legs before he even smurfs us."
"Hang on, laddies and lassies," Duncan cried out.
Every Smurf held onto the sled as best as they could as the sled passed under Willem's legs. Willem felt himself losing his balance and fell to the ground, causing his stack of presents to fly in the air. One of them landed on the sled and knocked Hefty and Brainy off it.
"That was a close one, Grampy," Sassette said after they passed by the human.
"But we lost Hefty and Brainy," Wild said, ready to leap off the sled. "I've got to smurf after them and find them."
"Hold it, Wild," Empath said, grabbing Wild before he leaped off. "We can't let the humans see us, even if we lost some of our fellow Smurfs. Besides, Hefty is able to look after Brainy and make sure that he doesn't get himself into any trouble."
Wild sighed. "I just want to help my fellow Smurfs, Empath. I don't want to lose them."
"This smurf knows how you feel, Wild," Empath said. "But Hefty would want us to continue on with our mission regardless of what happens to him. This smurf trusts in his abilities to know that he and Brainy will know how to find us."
"But you know that they're still alive?" Wild asked.
"If Hefty and Brainy have both perished, this smurf will know because this smurf can sense their life force," Empath said. "So far this smurf detects that they are still alive. Just trust this smurf to know what this smurf is doing."
"Yes, Empath, I will," Wild said, watching as they continued to ride through the alley.

Meanwhile, back in the alley, Willem was still sitting in the snow, crying out, "Help! Help! Get the sheriff!" And as he was crying out, Hefty pushed one of the presents that fell on him and Brainy away from them.
"Ahhhh...I knew that I should have stayed in the village instead of smurfing out here on a Christmas eve," Brainy complained.
"There's that thief, Brainy," Hefty said, spotting the hooded figure as he was slipping into another alley. "Come on, let's catch him."
"Catch him?" Brainy asked. "Are you out of your mind? We've got to catch up to our sled and rejoin the other Smurfs."
"Look, you can smurf whatever you want, but I'm not going to let some thief run off without smurfing a few words with him," Hefty said as he raced off in the direction of where the thief was going.
Brainy continued to stand in the same spot in the alley, folding his arms together as he tried to keep himself warm. "Oh, and to think I was much better off smurfing at home smurfing open presents, instead of just smurfing through an alley of a human village smurfing after some thief. Oh, why did Empath and Wild had to smurf off with Sassette and Grandpa on some silly mission to smurf some happiness to a human couple, is one thing that I will never..."
Brainy's contemplations were suddenly interrupted by a hissing sound from above his head. He looked up and saw that a big rat was waiting to pounce upon him.
Brainy screamed as he ran from the rat and scurried his way up to the top of a stack of wood to avoid the creature. "Hefty! Help! Save me!"
Hefty heard Brainy's cries and headed back into the alley. "Hold on, Brainy, and get ready to jump when I tell you."
With the rat distracted in trying to reach Brainy, Hefty grabbed the rat's tail and tied it to a nearby hook on a wall. "Okay, Brainy, jump!"
Brainy jumped and followed Hefty as they raced toward the other end of the alley. The rat tried to follow them, but was pulled back by his tail until he ended up hitting the wall, knocking him out.
"Thanks, Hefty," Brainy said, sighing with relief. "I knew you wouldn't leave me alone like that."
"I only care about you because you're a Smurf, Brainy," Hefty said. "I still think you're annoying, but I'd rather deal with you personally than just leave you smurfing for yourself by some creature bigger than you."
"Oh, don't be so modest, Hefty," Brainy said. "You knew that you couldn't smurf without my brilliant intelligent mind to smurf you through all sorts of situations, both peaceful and dangerous, like smurfing with that rat. Just admit it that your life would be totally different without me around in it."
"That's the only thing about you that I will admit, Brainy," Hefty said.

Back in the village, Narrator was entertaining the Smurfs that stayed behind with a story that he read to them in Tapper's Tavern, while Tapper served his fellow Smurfs hot chocolate to keep themselves warm. All throughout, he felt his heart was directed toward the Smurfs who went with Papa Smurf to help Empath, Wild, Sassette, and Grandpa Smurf on their charity mission, hoping and praying that they would be safe and that their mission would be a success.
Polaris Psyche sat at the counter, drinking a glass of seltzer, paying very little attention to Narrator's story. Tapper noticed this from his Psychelian friend. "I could smurf that there's something on your mind that you wish to smurf me about, my good Polaris," he said.
"You are correct, fellow Tapper," Polaris said. "This one is thinking all the efforts you Smurfs put into helping out beings that are bigger than yourselves, despite the possibility that some may either not be able to reciprocate the intentions, or even worse, reciprocate in a manner that is directly opposite to the mercy that you show upon them."
"I admit that helping others doesn't come without risk, Polaris," Tapper said. "There's many a time that we even help out Gargamel when common smurf would dictate it would be better for us to let him be smurfed by his own evil. But how often have I prayed that Gargamel would smurf a change of heart and would see that the Smurfs are not his enemies, nor would I ever hope that we would be. We would only want to live in peace in the forest with him, as the Almighty would have the lion smurf down with the lamb on His holy mountain."
"But regardless of how some humans and other beings remain steadfast in their desire to commit evil, you and the other Smurfs remain steadfast in your desire to show kindness and acts of mercy upon those that may not deserve it," Polaris said.
"Not everybody in the Smurf Village agrees with that thinking, Polaris, but I for one will want to be like the Almighty in smurfing compassion upon all people, even if they never smurf it upon me or any of my fellow Smurfs," Tapper said. "Sometimes when I smurf such acts of kindness, I feel that I am smurfing them unto the Almighty Himself."
"You believe that the Almighty resides in the humans that live upon this world, Tapper?" Polaris asked.
"I believe that humans have been smurfed in His image, and when I see humans smurfing like us, I think that I'm seeing the face of the Almighty," Tapper answered. "But what I see is only what the holy book says that I see now...as through a glass, darkly. How I long for the day that I may be able to see Him as He truly is, face to face."
"It is difficult for this one to see a reflection of this Almighty in such beings that are bigger than ourselves, and yet act in ways that the Psyche Master would consider to be savage and barbaric," Polaris commented.
"Whether they reflect the image of the Almighty or not, Polaris, I would still want to smurf my best in serving the Almighty by helping what He has created in His image," Tapper said. "Though I may not be rewarded in this life for it, He will reward each and every one of us for our works in eternity."

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-03-2019 02:12 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 6

The sled full of Smurfs finally stopped at the house of the toymaker. The Smurfs all jumped out and looked through the window to see if there was anybody there.
"Oh no, Pappy, we're too late," Sassette said. "They've gone to bed."
"That's not a problem for us, Sassette," Papa Smurf said. "We'll just simply leave a little present for them on Christmas morning."
"Smurf me some help with this Christmas tree, there, Empath," Duncan said. "I don't have any idea where Hefty has gone to, but I'm not going to smurf this all by myself."
"This smurf would be honored to help, Duncan," Empath said, as he and Duncan lifted the Christmas tree from the sled.
The other Smurfs helped push the door open as quietly as possible as Duncan and Empath carried the Christmas tree in together. "Smurf the tree near the fireplace, so that the humans could smurf it when they wake up," Papa Smurf said.
"This smurf acknowledges, Papa Smurf," Empath said, as he and Duncan carried it to the spot in the main room.
"Oh, this room is just so bare, I could hardly stand to smurf myself in it," Vanity said after looking around.
"Don't worry, Vanity," Smurfette said. "After we're done in here, it will look really smurfy and it will feel just like Christmas."
"We might as well proceed with the decorations, and try to do it as quietly as possible so that we don't attract any unwanted attention upon ourselves," Empath said.
"I couldn't agree with you more there, youngster," Grandpa Smurf said. "The sooner we smurf this place all up, the better."
And so the Smurfs quickly proceeded with the task of decorating the main room and the Christmas tree they brought into it. Vanity and some other Smurfs went to work with hanging the ornaments, while Painter set up his easels and worked like a Smurf possessed with inspiration to create some paintings for the humans to enjoy looking at. Wild and Chitter worked on hanging tinsel upon the rafters, while Empath and Smurfette hung wreaths together.
"Smurf at how happy Wild and Chitter are together, Empath," Smurfette said, as she watched them work. "They really know how to hang tinsel now."
"They really are inseparable from each other, Smurfette," Empath said, smiling as he watched. "For him to live with a family of squirrels his entire life would have to mean he would make every minute living among them count for something."
"I just wish that he wasn't so alone in the forest as the only Smurf living by himself in it," Smurfette said.
"This smurf would very much want him to be happy in whatever life he chooses to live, Smurfette, even if he does share only brief moments with us around the holidays," Empath said.
Just then, Wild appeared where Empath and Smurfette were standing. "So how do you like how I hang the decorations?" Wild asked.
"Oh, you two were just smurfy, Wild," Smurfette said, sounding pleased. "I can see that you finally have the holiday spirit smurfing in you."
Then suddenly Wild slipped Smurfette a kiss on the cheek. "Oh, Wild, what was that for...not that I didn't like receiving it?" Smurfette asked.
"Don't look now, but this smurf can see that there's something hanging over you," Empath hinted.
Smurfette looked up and saw that there was mistletoe. "Hmmm, now I wonder who's the Smurf that smurfed it right in that spot," she said with a hint of suspicion.
"Don't look at this smurf, Smurfette," Empath said, shrugging his shoulders. "This smurf was with you all the time when we were hanging wreaths."
"Arrrrrh," Wild said with a growl, looking at Smurfette with suggestive eyes.
Smurfette snorted. "Well, the kiss is all you're going to smurf from me this holiday season, Wild...so don't expect me to smurf you much else."
Wild felt himself groaning as he and Empath watched Smurfette walk off. "What did I do wrong with her, Empath?" Wild asked.
"Smurfette is very protective of her purity, Wild," Empath said. "There are things she won't give to any Smurf unless they are totally committed to marrying her."
"But I can't help smurfing this way about her," Wild said.
"This smurf knows that you mean well, Wild," Empath said. "We'll just have to let Smurfette make her own decision as to who she wants to give herself to."

Meanwhile, Hefty and Brainy were out in the streets trying to find the thief until they saw him just walking in the open, carrying the rich man's bag of gold.
"There he is," Hefty said. "Let's go after him."
"If only Empath was here instead of me to smurf after this thief," Brainy said.
"I don't need Empath's help for smurfing down a thief," Hefty said. "You may not be in my strength level, but I think you can help me figure out how to catch him."
"You sounded earlier like you were much better off without me," Brainy said.
"Empath is the one I'm much better off smurfing without, Brainy," Hefty said. "Besides, don't you think that you could be the only Smurf in the village who's really smart?"
"Well, sometimes I do wonder what it would be like if I didn't have to compete with my own brother when it comes to being so intelligent," Brainy said.
"If you want a chance to prove yourself, Brainy, I'd say now's a good a time as any," Hefty said. "I think you'd want to see the smug look on Empath's face disappear when he finds out things that you can smurf without his help."
Suddenly the hooded figure stopped and emptied out the bag of all its gold coins. "Soon I'll be home free," he said to himself as he dumped the empty bag in the front of the door of the toymaker and then proceeded onward.
Hefty and Brainy continued to follow him until he came to his hideout. He opened the door and then closed it behind him, not caring to know who was behind him.
"We have him cornered now, Brainy," Hefty said as they reached his door. "Come on."
They both slipped inside through a crack at the bottom of the door.

After some time, the Smurfs stood around the Christmas tree and looked at the room they had just decorated. "Now this is a room that is truly smurfed up for the holidays," Vanity said.
"You all did a fine job, my little Smurfs," Papa Smurf said, pleased with the result. "Now it's time for us to smurf back home before they wake up to smurf us."
"If only we could stay to see them wake up and be happy for the Christmas we had smurfed them, Pappy," Sassete said.
"This smurf wishes to still be here to witness that moment, Sassette," Empath said. "Nevertheless, we shouldn't allow the humans to see us and know anything about our existence that we may not want them to know."
"Empath is right, my little grandsmurf," Grandpa Smurf said. "It's time for us to smurf on our way and let them enjoy their Christmas."
"Come along, laddies, time to smurf upon our sleigh and join our brother Smurfs back home," Duncan called out.
"I'm a-coming, Duncan," Clumsy said. "By the way, has anyone seen Brainy or..."
Just then, Clumsy stumbled onto a painting and knocked down the easel, which then knocked over a stack of presents, which knocked over a basket of smurfberry candy canes, which then knocked over a ladder, which then fell on a tree branch and caused some ornaments to fly off and crack on the floor.
"Huh...Elise? What was that?" a man's voice called from the other room.
"Quick, my little Smurfs, hide," Papa Smurf cried out.
"No...wait," Empath said. "Gather yourselves around the Christmas tree. We can explain this much better this way."
"Empath, are you crazy? What are you doing?" Smurfette asked.
"Just trust the lad and smurf what he says, bonnie," Duncan said, as he and the other Smurfs scurried until they all gathered around the Christmas tree.
Gustav opened the door to his bedroom and looked around outside into the main room. He never saw his house so decorated like it was now, with a Christmas tree and presents and tinsel and wreathes. But what he saw beneath the Christmas tree made him do a double take. "I must be imagining things," he said to himself, rubbing clean his eyeglasses. "I'm seeing what appears to be elves."
"Elves?" Elise said. "Oh, stop with the nonsense, my dear. How can there be elves?"
"It's true, my sweet Elise," Gustav said as he went back to his bed to help his wife to her feet. "Come with me and see for yourself."
Elise joined her husband at the door of their bedroom and saw them for herself. "Oh, it is true," she gasped. "There are elves in our house."
Snappy laughed. "We're not elves, you silly. We are...." Then Slouchy elbowed him in the arm. "Well, I guess you could call us elves."
"Christmas elves," Nat added.
"Salutations, fellow humans," Empath greeted. "We came to bring you some holiday cheer because we saw that you were in need for spirits to be lifted."
Elise looked at the tree. "Oh, it's so beautiful, and it even has a Christmas star on the top. I can't believe you did all this for us."
"We have dreamed for a Christmas like this all our lives, and now look at this place," Gustav said. "This is beyond what I could hope to do as a toymaker."
"A toymaker?" Snappy asked. "Smurfabunga! What kind of toys do you smurf?"
"Well, mostly it's these little wooden puppets that you pull with some strings to make them dance," Gustav answered.
"My husband was such a wonderful toymaker," Elise said as she sat down on a couch with Gustav holding her. "He loved making things that would bring joy to a child's face, even though we never had children of our own."
"We saw many children grow up playing with my toys, and I thought as long as there would be children in our village, there would always be those who would want to have my toys as their own," Gustav said.
"Yes, but over time, things have changed," Elise said, sounding a bit sad. "Very few children wanted the toys my husband have made, and very few of the villagers even had children. Every day things just got worse and worse, and I'm afraid that I became so worried that it made me sick. I just wish that my husband could have the days that he used to have again because I don't ever want to leave him."
"Oh, that sounds terrible, Elise," Smurfette said. "I just wish there was something else we can do to make you feel smurfy."
"It is enough that you let my wife have one more Christmas with me, my little blue friends," Gustav said. "I don't think there is much else you can do for us."
"Perhaps we could do some singing of Christmas carols," Empath suggested. "A friend of mine says that music can sometimes be the best medicine that can lift up a spirit."
"You little elves can sing?" Elise asked, sounding curious. "Oh, I would just love to hear whatever it is you want to sing."
Papa Smurf chuckled. "Well, Empath, since you suggested it, you might as well lead the Smurfs in some music to help cheer our friends up."
Empath nodded. "This smurf acknowledges, Papa Smurf."
"Singing? I don't know what singing is," Wild said to Smurfette.
"Oh, don't worry, Wild...you'll catch on soon enough," Smurfette said.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-03-2019 02:17 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 7

Meanwhile, in the thief's hideout, Brainy and Hefty were hiding behind a stack of pots, watching as the thief was counting up his ill-gotten gains for the night and laughing.
"Oh, this is such a wonderful little treasure," the thief said to himself. "It's a good thing that rich man was so stupid enough to travel down the alley at night. This could really keep me going for a while."
"Well, that's just smurfy," Brainy complained quietly. "We track this smurf down to his hideout and we don't even know what to smurf with him. Have you got any ideas, Hefty?"
"I'm working on it, Brainy," Hefty said. "This whole thing would be more fun if I had Gutsy and Tuffy with me instead of you."
"Oh, sure...why would I forget the Three Smurfketeers?" Brainy said. "It smurfs only fitting that they should be here to handle smurfing a thief on Christmas eve while I get to help Papa Smurf with the more important task of..."
"You're here with me, all right?" Hefty said. "I don't need you complaining about where you should be. I just need you to help me think. Look around and see if there's anything we can smurf to our advantage."
Brainy peered out from his hiding place to carefully look around the room for anything they could use. As he did, the wind caused a shutter on a high window to blow open, and through it they could hear singing.
"Hefty! It's the Smurfs!" Brainy cried out.
"Shhh, be quiet!" Hefty said, putting his hand over Brainy's mouth.
"Huh? Who's there?" the thief asked as he stopped his counting and started to look around the room, sifting through the things that are in it.
"Nice work, Brainy," Hefty said as he carried Brainy away. "Now we have to smurf ourselves another hiding place before we..."
"Hefty, look out!" Brainy said.
Hefty ran straight into a barrel and bumped into it, causing it to shake until it dropped a metal pitcher onto the floor. The thief was startled by the sound of the pitcher and looked around. "Who's there? Show yourself!"
Hefty climbed on top of the barrel to get a better look. As he did, the candle on the barrel caused his shadow to appear on the wall.
The thief saw the shadow, but not the Smurf who was casting it, and became fearful. "Wh...wh...what kind of evil spirit are you?" he asked.
Evil spirit? Hefty wondered. He decided that he might as well play along. "Spirit?" he said in a deeper gravelly tone. "I am a Christmas spirit. You are the one who is evil."
"Evil?" the thief said. "How can I be evil? I'm just a thief!"
"Hah! You call that good?" Brainy said as he appeared on the barrel next to Hefty.
The thief shuddered as he saw another similar shadow appear. "There are two of you?"
"Of course there are," Hefty said. "Christmas spirits always come in pairs."
"B...b...b...but why do you come bothering me?" the thief asked.
"Because you don't have the Christmas spirit," Hefty said. "This season is supposed to be about giving and sharing."
"But why should I give anybody anything?" the thief demanded. "Nobody ever gave me anything."
"Well, maybe because you never gave anybody the chance...," Brainy began to say before he started to slip and fall, only to be caught by Hefty.
The thief found himself distracted by the sound of singing outside his house. He went over to the window and heard the sound of many happy voices, all singing about giving and sharing. Hefty and Brainy recognized it as one of their own Christmas carols.
"Are these more Christmas spirits?" the thief asked. "What do they want?"
"The same thing that we want...for you to look at yourself and see how selfish you have become," Hefty said.
"And how you live all alone with your stolen goods," Brainy said.
"Is that how you want to spend your Christmas, only thinking about yourself?" Hefty asked.
"Don't think that we will leave you alone, because you will have to decide sooner or later," Brainy said.
The thief looked out the window and continued to listen to the singing, and then he looked down at the gold coins in his hand. He began to think about his life and what it had become up until now, and realized that he must do something about it.

Meanwhile, Willem brought Hans, Miranda, and some guards with him to track down the thief that stole his bag of gold. One way or another, he was going to bring the guilty party to justice.
"The tracks lead this way," one of the guards said as they followed the tracks toward the door of a house, where they saw a puppet hanging in front of it.
"Father, I've seen that puppet," Hans said. "It's the one that the toymaker has given me."
"The toymaker, eh?" Willem said. He looked down in front of the door and saw his empty bag. "The culprit must be in here celebrating."
"Why would the old man want to steal your gold, Father?" Hans asked.
"You know peasants want something for nothing, Hans, always looking for a handout," Willem said. "And if they don't get a handout, they will take it by force. Well, tonight, he shall know the consequences of taking what doesn't belong to him."
"Willem, must we be so harsh on a Christmas night to those who are less fortunate?" Miranda asked.
"I will not let the peasants take any advantage of me or my family, my dear," Willem said. "It's time one of them got a clear message."

Inside the house of the toymaker, Gustav and Elise sat and watched the Smurfs sing and dance and put on such amusing antics that made Elise laugh in a way that her husband had not heard in a long time. Gustav felt as if his prayers had been answered that night.
"Oh, Christmas wishes do come true, my dear," Elise said, sounding animated. "I could feel my spirits lifting."
"And mine too, Elise," Gustav said. "It makes me feel like our wedding night. Oh, such wonderful memories, such happy times. We had such a promising future."
"Oh, Gustav, I could love you all over again," Elise said, looking into his eyes with eyes of love.
The Smurfs watched as Gustav gave his wife a very long kiss on the mouth. "Oh, isn't that so romantic," Smurfette said, sighing to herself.
Gustav and Elise then looked at their guests. "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean for you to...," Gustav began to say.
"That's quite all right, Gustav," Papa Smurf said. "There's no need to apologize. My little Smurfs are happy to see that your spirits have been lifted once more."
"But there's nothing we could give to repay you," Gustav said. "You've given us so much."
"There's nothing that we really need from you," Papa Smurf said. "Just seeing you happy and your wife healthy is all the reward we will ever need."
"But please, take this," Elise said, picking up one of the puppets and handing it to Sassette. "It may not be much, but seeing a child happy with a new toy is worth everything to me."
Sassette looked at the toy and played with it a bit. "Why, it's so beautiful," she said with a tear forming in her eye. "It's the best present I could ever get this year."
Just then, they could hear knocking on the door. The Smurfs all scurried into hiding places as Gustav went to the door to answer it.
It was Willem with his family and the guards. "Why, Sheriff," Gustav greeted. "What brings you..."
Willem stepped forward. "Just look at those decorations, Sheriff. He could never afford them on whatever he earns without stealing," he said, pointing to the Christmas tree and everything else in the room.
"My husband didn't steal anything," Elise said as she joined Gustav. "It was given to us by the elves, who decorated our hut." She started to cough.
"Elise, my dear, you should be back in bed," Gustav said, holding her hand.
"Oh no," Sassette said as she watched the scene unfold from her hiding place. "What are we going to smurf? Elise is starting to feel sick again."
"I don't know, Sassy," Grandpa Smurf said. "It smurfs that all the good we've done is getting undone."
"Elves? Impossible! Arrest that old thief, Sheriff!" Willem said, pointing at Gustav.
"I'm afraid you'll have to come with us," the sheriff said, grabbing Gustav by the arm.
"Michty me, I can't stand smurfing like this and watching this man being accused like that," Duncan said.
"It looks like we don't have a choice," Empath said. "Papa Smurf, we may have to show ourselves to verify her story and vindicate Gustav of any wrongdoing."
"I may have to agree with you on that, Empath," Papa Smurf said.
But before the Smurfs could do anything, another voice broke in as he snatched the empty bag. It was the thief. "He didn't steal your gold. I was the one who snatched your purse in the alley, and I have come to give it back." He then dropped all the coins he took into the bag.
"Why are you here confessing?" the sheriff asked.
"Maybe because I have a change of heart, and believe that now is a time for me to start giving instead of taking," the thief answered, handing the bag of gold to Willem. "That is what I heard is the Christmas spirit."
As the Smurfs used the distraction to depart from Gustav's house, Hefty and Brainy showed up to watch the thief make his confession. "Well, what do you know?" Hefty said. "He actually listened to what we were smurfing back there. I didn't think we would able to smurf him into coming clean about himself."
"Well, it just goes to smurf you that having me around is very essential, Hefty," Brainy said in his usual self-important tone. "Besides, if everyone actually listened to the wisdom that I smurf on a daily basis, the world would be a much smurfier place than..."
"Oh, save it for later," Hefty said, grabbing Brainy and sneaking out through the crack in the door. "Besides, I don't want to miss our ride home."
They joined the rest of the Smurfs on the sled that was waiting outside. "We've been waiting for you to smurf up," Duncan said. "Where have you two laddies been?"
"Oh, we were just busy spreading the Christmas spirit around, Duncan," Brainy said. "I hope I didn't miss anything important."
"We can explain it all on our way to the Smurf Village, Brainy," Empath said. "For now, let's leave the humans in peace."

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-03-2019 02:25 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 8

Back inside the house, Miranda helped Elise return to bed while Willem dealt with the confessing thief. "Do you wish to press charges against him?" the sheriff asked.
"No, I don't think so," Willem said. "After all, I've gotten my gold back and it's Christmas eve.
"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you," the thief said, sounding very excited about his freedom. "I swear that you will not regret it, kind sir."
"All right, release him," the sheriff said. The guards allowed the thief to leave and watched him dance off into the night, sounding ecstatic.
"Either that man is crazy or he's got the Christmas spirit in him," one of the guards said, watching the thief depart.
"Only time will tell what will become of him," the sheriff said.
"Oh, your house looks beautiful," Miranda said as she saw Elise resting. "How did you manage to do that?"
"It's all the help of those wonderful little Christmas elves who paid us a visit," Elise said.
"Christmas elves?" Miranda asked.
"Why, they're hiding right under my bed," Elise said as he looked under it, but then noticed something. "They're gone."
Miranda laughed. "Oh, well, whoever did this, I would only hope they would decorate my house the same way."
Gustav handed Hans one of his puppets. "I would like for you to have him as your very own...provided, of course, that your father will allow it."
"Father, may I have this toy?" Hans asked, sounding eager.
Willem sighed. "I suppose this once, I could allow you." He then turned to Gustav. "My apologies for having taken the toy you have given my boy earlier and destroyed it. I should have realized to not be so hasty in judging you. In fact, I would like to make sure you are well supplied in the craft of making toys."
"Oh, sir, I couldn't accept your offer," Gustav said. "All that I'm good at is making puppets now."
"Gustav, you are so modest," Elise said. "This man is the best toymaker that I have ever had the pleasure to live with. I could tell you stories of the kind of toys he has made over the years."
"Really?" Willem said, his interest peaked. "Please, you must tell me."

As the Smurfs rode back to the Smurf Village on the sled pulled by Puppy, Hefty and Brainy explained about the thief they were tracking down.
"Well, it's just surprising that I didn't smurf along with you, Hefty," Duncan said. "That laddie wouldn't even know what smurfed him if it was the two of us smurfing him."
"Ah, he wasn't worth fighting, Gutsy," Hefty said. "He was too afraid of his own shadow to even bother smurfing my knuckles dirty on him."
"What say we smurf a visit to the Slime Bar when we smurf back home and give some undeserving Wartmongers our version of the 'Christmas spirit'?" Duncan asked.
"As long as you're smurfing the drinks, Gutsy," Hefty said, pounding his fist with Duncan's.
"Well, Elise certainly sounds like she's feeling better, Empath," Smurfette said.
"They had a life together that makes this smurf wonder what it would be like for us in our later years, Smurfette," Empath said. "If helping them enjoy one more Christmas together is what will make them happy, then this smurf would look forward to what our future would have in store for us."
"But what if I decide to marry Wild instead of you, Empath?" Smurfette asked. "What would you do then?"
"Then this smurf would never stop loving you regardless," Empath said. "This smurf can only hope at that point that you and Wild will grow gracefully old together and that your love for each other will always be strong."
"Right now Wild seems to be interested in Sassette's new toy," Smurfette said, pointing at Wild watching as Sassette made the puppet dance by pulling its strings, seeming very excited.
Papa Smurf took a look at Wild having fun with Sassette's toy. "It smurfs like Wild will never forget his first Christmas with us."
"Smurfatootie, it makes me wish that I was his age again, Papa," Grandpa Smurf said.
"Well, since we'll be exchanging our gifts soon, I want to start it off by smurfing each one of you copes of my latest book, the Yuletide edition of Quotations Of Brainy Smurf," Brainy said as he pulled out gift-wrapped copies.
Most of the Smurfs groaned and pelted Brainy with snowballs.
"Okay, okay...maybe next year," Brainy sighed.

Upon the Smurfs' return to the village, every Smurf sat at the dinner table to enjoy the meal that was kept warm by Culinary for the Smurfs that went together on the charity mission. Tapper and Polaris listened to everything that Empath had to say about what went on that night.
"Great Smurfiny Crickets, I'm glad to hear that things smurfed out very well for the elderly couple," Tapper said, smiling. "I only wish that I was there with you to help out in any way possible."
"This smurf knows that you would be, Tapper, but then this smurf had sensed that we were all there in spirit anyway," Empath said. "There was just something about that night that felt very communal."
"You speak as if the whole village was part of a mindlink, which this one sensed was not activated at any time when you and the other Smurfs were in that human village, Empath," Polaris said.
"This goes beyond being in a mindlink, Polaris," Empath said. "This smurf could sense it in the spirits of my fellow Smurfs, that this is what they wanted to do all along, even though it took a bit of prompting from Papa Smurf to make them consider undertaking the mission."
"Doing good is not always the easy thing to do, but it is the right thing to do and the smurfy thing to do," Tapper said. "It took a great deal of sacrifice on our part, but knowing that the spirits of others have been lifted on such a time as this makes me feel that the sacrifice is worth the trouble."
During the middle of the feast, they heard the sound of jingle bells and a distinct "ho, ho, ho" that came from the sky.
"Great Smurfness, that sounds just like Nicholas the toymaker," one of the Smurfs cried out.
Every Smurf got up from their seat to race outside and take a look. While they didn't see any sign of Nicholas, there was one thing in the village that they did see: a giant Christmas tree with all its decorations and lots of presents under it, plus the entire village decorated for the season.
"By the Ancestors," Polaris said, sounding somewhat amazed.
"How could this be, that for our entire Christmas to be smurfed up for someone else, that we should be smurfed one in return?" another Smurf asked.
"Who really knows?" a third Smurf said.
"This is simply amazing," Papa Smurf said.
"Well, what are we waiting for?" a fourth Smurf said, sounding very excited.
Empath, Smurfette, and Tapper watched as every Smurf gathered around the Christmas tree to get their presents. Most of them were very surprised and even pleased to see what they have received this year.
"This looks like the hand of the Almighty at work, Tapper," Empath said.
"The Almighty smurfs in mysterious ways, Empath," Tapper said. "I don't try to question what He chooses to bless us with, as long as I know that it smurfs from Him."
"This is truly the best holiday season I've ever had," Smurfette said. "And just to make sure you don't go smurf without your present for the year...." She reached over and gave Empath a long kiss.
"Oh, so that's why you're now wearing the mistletoe on your hat, Smurfette," Empath said.
"Me? Wearing mistletoe?" Smurfette asked, feeling around her hat until she found a sprig of mistletoe hanging from it. "Oh, well, what do you know? I didn't even know it was there."
"Mmm-hmmm, and this smurf was wondering why you went to your house shortly after you returned," Empath said, looking at her suspiciously.
"Oh, Empath, why do you always have to assume that I'm smurfing something up my sleeve?" Smurfette said, sounding a little displeased.
Just then, Wild appeared. "Merry Christmas, Wild," Smurfette said, handing him a gift box. "This present's for you, made specifically from me."
Wild opened it and saw what was inside. "Oh, it's a furry ribbon," he said as he took it out of the box.
"It's called a scarf, Wild," Smurfette explained. "It's something that you smurf around your neck to keep it warm during winter."
"Can you smurf me how to wear it?" Wild asked.
"Why, certainly," Smurfette said, taking the scarf from Wild's hand and wrapping it around his neck. "There...now you look truly smurfy in it."
Wild hopped around, seemingly very excited for the gift. Then he grabbed Smurfette and kissed her in front of Empath.
"Oh, why, thank you, Wild...though you probably shouldn't have smurfed that in front of Empath," Smurfette said.
"Oh...well, sorry, Empath, I, uh...didn't...mean to...," Wild said.
"This smurf understands and accepts the apology, Wild," Empath said. "After all, this is your first Christmas with us. This smurf hopes you have enjoyed it."
"Aye, Empath, I think that he has," Tapper said, watching as Wild scurried off with Chitter back into the forest.
"And I was hoping he would smurf around for a bit longer," Smurfette said. "It's just not fair that we only can smurf him around the holidays."
"This smurf is certain that he will return again, Smurfette, if how he feels towards you is genuine," Empath said.
"You're not seriously thinking that I'm going to fall in love with him now, are you?" Smurfette asked.
"This smurf does sense those feelings he has towards you, Smurfette," Empath said. "Who knows whether you will reciprocate them in time?"
"Well, don't think that you really know everything about me, Empath," Smurfette shot back. She then turned up her nose and left.
"I'm not sure smurfing her that she would fall in love with Wild was the wise thing to smurf, Empath," Tapper said, watching Smurfette depart.
"This smurf knows that she's free to choose whoever she wants, Tapper," Empath said. "If all we have between us are moments of fun before she settles down with someone, then this smurf will be satisfied with it."
"The way you two court with each other, Empath, tells me that you're not going to be satisfied with only 'moments of fun'," Tapper said. "I can't see Smurfette ever being satisfied with another Smurf besides you, even if she's now being attracted to Wild. I can only pray that nothing will ever smurf between you two except for the Almighty and allow Him to smurf your hearts where He wants them to go."
"For now, though, Smurfette is the best Christmas present this smurf will ever have," Empath said.

THE END

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-05-2019 02:07 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
For the original version of the story it was adapted from, see:
* Tis The Season To Be Smurfy

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.