Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie                     Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » "Empath And The Golden Magic Bird" -- full story
Author Topic: "Empath And The Golden Magic Bird" -- full story
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-21-2019 10:23 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
From last year, here is the Thanksgiving episode that I created for the EMPATH: The Luckiest Smurf series, which is loosely based on "The Smurfs And The Magic Bird".

-----

Chapter 1

Empath's personal journal.
It is the day of the annual Harvest Feast, where the Smurfs celebrate a bountiful harvest before winter comes with a feast prepared by Greedy and his kitchen staff. Before the feast there is a parade and a football game that nearly every Smurf either participates in or watches. Every year at the feast, Papa Smurf calls upon Mother Nature for her blessing upon the food that we are about to enjoy, thanking her for her provision and care throughout the seasons. It is not something that the Smurfs take very lightly, as we are constantly reminded of how much we are dependent upon Mother Nature and upon the forest that she protects and nourishes. Tapper, however, uses this time to remind us how much more dependent we all are upon the Almighty that he believes in, that without Him none of us would even exist. While few Smurfs want to acknowledge this Almighty that's supposed to be even greater than Mother Nature or Father Time, this smurf feels somewhat drawn to wanting to know more about Him with each passing day.
This year, this smurf is thankful for Polaris Psyche being part of the Smurf Village after years of living in Psychelia, only knowing through being in the dream space with this smurf what the Smurfs are really like. Although it has now been some time since he has been cured of his degenerative disease, this smurf is nonetheless glad to see him interact with the other Smurfs with each passing day. Right now he is interested in watching the game of football along with this smurf and Smurfette.

On a field near the Smurf Village, the Smurfs were sitting in the bleachers watching the two football teams take to the field and start with their annual game. The crowd erupted as the first tackle was made with the player carrying the ball. Smurfette was on the sidelines with Sassette shaking their pompoms and cheering for the teams, dressed in cheerleader uniforms.
"So which team are we smurfing for again, Smurfette?" Sassette asked during the lull between cheers.
"It doesn't matter which team, Sassette," Smurfette answered. "We're here so that the boys know that we're smurfing for them no matter who wins."
"Gee, that seems rather confusing," Sassette said. "That means we don't have a favorite team we can smurf for."
"That's the whole idea, Sassette," Smurfette said. "Both teams need to know we care about them and we will still love them no matter who wins the game."
"Well, if you say so," Sassette said. "But do you think Hefty's team has a chance of winning this year?"
"I think he will play a good game and we will all smurf a good laugh over it at the end when everybody smurfs the Harvest Feast, Sassette," Smurfette answered. "Now let's smurf ready for another cheer."
"Okay, Smurfette," Sassette said as she picked up her pompoms and started cheering.
Empath was sitting in the bleachers with Polaris Psyche watching the game as it progressed through the quarters, with Empath feeling the excitement flowing through his fellow Smurfs and also being a bit stirred up within himself. Polaris Psyche just sat there and watched without feeling anything, calmly observing the activity taking place before him.
"This smurf can't wait to see who wins the football game this year, Polaris," Empath said. "It looks like it's going to be a close match this time around, with both teams doing their best."
"Would it ease your mind if this one made a prediction as to which team is going to be the winner of this sporting match?" Polaris asked.
Empath sighed. "You don't get it, do you, Polaris? The point of watching a sporting match is to let two contestants or two teams do everything they can to come out as the champion over their opponents. If our favorite team wins, then that's great. If our team loses...well, there's always next year."
"So you would rather consume time watching the contestants battle with each other in the arena rather than make any prediction of which team is going to have the victory," Polaris said. "It makes this one wonder how you tolerated putting up with this form of activity during the years that you have visited the Smurf Village before your final return here."
"This smurf admits that it wasn't easy for this smurf to sit through watching a sporting match to see who will become the victor, Polaris," Empath said. "But Papa Smurf says that some things are just worth the effort of waiting and watching, even if we don't like how things turn out in the end."
"That would seem to be the case for interacting with everything that you Smurfs call 'entertainment', Empath," Polaris said. "If you insist, then this one will allow you to continue watching the sporting match without any further commentary from this one."
"This one appreciates the commentary, even when it's not necessary, Polaris," Empath said.

At another place in the bleachers, Papa Smurf is sitting with Baby Smurf, watching the football game and feeling the excitement of his little Smurfs having a good time both watching and playing. Grouchy just sat by him with a scowling look on his face, as if he would rather be anywhere else than watching a football game.
"Hurray! Another touchdown for Hefty's team!" Papa Smurf shouted, raising his free arm up in the air as those who were cheering for Hefty's team stood up and cheered. "A pretty exciting game we're smurfing today, isn't it, Grouchy?"
"I hate football games," Grouchy said, sounding disinterested.
"Grouchy, you have to smurf something in your life that doesn't make you unhappy all the time, or else it wouldn't be a life worth smurfing," Papa Smurf said. "Isn't there anything in your life that you actually enjoy smurfing?"
"I like smurfing sarsaparilla ale at Tapper's Tavern, Papa Smurf," Grouchy answered.
"You can't spend your entire life smurfing sarsaparilla ale, Grouchy, even if it makes you feel all smurfy inside," Papa Smurf said. "There's got to be more to your life than just smurfing at Tapper's Tavern all the time."
"I honestly don't know what to do, Papa Smurf, because I hardly seem to enjoy anything else that smurfs on here except eating and drinking," Grouchy said.
"You do enjoy smurfing time with Baby Smurf, which is why I'm glad you're smurfing beside me while watching football," Papa Smurf said. "Maybe you should smurf that more often than you do the few things you enjoy smurfing."
"I'm afraid that Baby is going to smurf out to be just like me when he smurfs up, Papa Smurf," Grouchy said.
"Oh, nonsense, Grouchy," Papa Smurf said. "Smurfing time with you is not going to make Baby Smurf a grouchy Smurf like you. You smurf too little faith in yourself being a good role model to someone like Baby."
"So why is it that I can only feel comfortable being the kind of Smurf that I am around other Smurfs, Papa Smurf?" Grouchy asked.
"You're still young, Grouchy, and you still have a lot to learn about life," Papa Smurf. "Just be the best Smurf that you can with what you are able to do, and let Mother Nature handle how she will mature you into the Smurf she wants you to be. She knows what she's smurfing when she made you in the womb before you were born."
Grouchy sighed. "Okay, Papa Smurf, but I still hate football games."
Just then, Nabby showed up. "Papa Smurf, when is Greedy going to be finished smurfing up the cornucopia for our feast today? It's not even halfway through the football game, and I'm starving."
"Just be patient, Nabby," Papa Smurf said. "I know how hungry you are, but Greedy needs the time to prepare the feast the best way he knows how. He will smurf us to the table when the food is good and ready."
"I hope it will be soon, Papa Smurf," Nabby said, clutching his stomach. "I don't think I can handle how my stomach is just smurfing inside of me. I feel like I just want to smurf out into the forest and smurf me a pheasant."
"You won't have to smurf to such extremes for very long, trust me," Papa Smurf said, patting Nabby's stomach.
"What does he mean by smurfing pheasants, Papa Smurf?" Grouchy asked.
"Humans will hunt after and eat birds for their meals, Grouchy," Papa Smurf answered. "It's not something I would approve of, but it's something that I have to accept that humans will do to survive even in our forest."
Grouchy grimaced at the thought. "I'm not sure I would like even the taste of pheasants if I have to eat one, Papa Smurf."
"We Smurfs have been pretty faithful in our daily diets for generations, Grouchy," Papa Smurf said. "There's nothing that Mother Nature would need to be displeased about when it smurfs to the food that we smurf on our plates."
"I hate thinking about displeasing Mother Nature," Grouchy said.

In the village kitchen, Greedy and his crew were busy making the final preparations for the Harvest Feast to be ready when Tapper had entered. "Mmmm, the smell of the cornucopia smurfing in the oven is just like the smell of the bread of heaven, my fellow Greedy," Tapper said.
"I would say, Tapper," Greedy said. "It smurfs so great, even I'm amazed that I smurfed through all the trouble of smurfing it myself. So what smurfs you into my kitchen around this time?"
"I'm just curious about what my friend Tracker is smurfing, and since most of the Smurfs are at the stadium smurfing the football game, I have no one else to smurf to about him," Tapper said.
"You sure he's not just busy smurfing around for more truffles?" Greedy asked. "Those things are just so delicious, I wouldn't mind smurfing them for an appetizer before the main course is smurfed."
"I'm sure he's smurfing his best smurfing out for the creatures of the forest, especially since this is the time of the year for hunters to smurf after them, Greedy," Tapper said. "But who knows how busy it's going to be for Tracker this year?"
"Well, he certainly has a busy job smurfing out into the forest to smurf over our friends in it, Tapper," Greedy said. "But still, I haven't heard from him lately, so I don't know what I can tell you."
"I only wish I can smurf time with my fellow Smurfs today at the football game, but with the drink preparations that I have to smurf, I would have to settle for a report of what smurfed on after the game is finished," Tapper said.
"You and me both, Tapper," Greedy said. "I hope Tracker smurfs home safely to enjoy the Harvest Feast and not smurf himself into more trouble than he normally smurfs himself in."
"I pray for his safety too, my friend," Tapper said.
Just then, Vanity came into the kitchen. "Well, my fellow Smurfs, I have finished smurfing up the decorations for the Harvest Feast," he announced. "I can't believe how much I had today with smurfing all those things ready, to smurf the perfect dinner smurfings and the perfect streamers and even the perfect placemats for every Smurf."
"I'm sure every Smurf would be pleased with your efforts, my fellow Vanity," Tapper said.
"All that hard work is just making me feel so faint," Vanity said, dramatically placing his hand over his forehead. "I could only wonder when the feast will be ready so that I can..."
"It's not ready yet, Vanity!" Greedy shouted. "Please smurf out of my kitchen right now before I smurf you out!"
"All right, all right!" Vanity said, sounding mildly displeased. "Oh, of all the things a beautician and a decorator has to smurf up with in my daily smurf!"
Tapper and Greedy watched as Vanity walked out. "You surely seem a tad bit harsh with smurfing Vanity out of the kitchen so you can smurf some peace and quiet while getting the feast ready, my fellow Greedy," Tapper said.
"Well, if a Smurf like me has to smurf my appetite in check until the food is ready to be smurfed, then those Smurfs can be patient as well," Greedy said. "If I have to suffer waiting, then they have to suffer too."
"Then I need not bother you anymore and will allow you to continue your preparations, since I know what it's like to smurf things to perfection when it smurfs to food," Tapper said as he turned to leave.
"You seem to smurf better self-control than most Smurfs in this village, Tapper," Greedy said. "I only wish I could smurf the same self-control that you have, but then I wouldn't be the Smurf that I am now."
"I am always praying for you to smurf that self-control and discipline, Greedy," Tapper said. "I will never cease to smurf that as long as I have breath in this body."

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-21-2019 10:25 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 2

Meanwhile, out in the forest, Tracker was leading Nat, Snappy, and Slouchy around on his own personal mission for the Harvest Feast day.
"Be careful, Smurflings," Tracker warned. "There are hunters out in the forest smurfing for game around this time of year, and if we're not careful, we could smurf up as dead as any of the poor animals they are hunting for."
"It's just unfortunate that people have to smurf after animals for their food, Tracker," Nat said. "I just wonder why they can't be vegetarians like us Smurfs. There's plenty of food for everyone in the forest without having to harm anyone."
"I wonder about that myself, Nat," Tracker said. "I don't fully understand just what it is about humans that they have to devour other creatures in order to survive. But we can't let what they smurf in their lives how we define the way we should smurf ours, or be the judge of how they smurf theirs."
"Well, if the humans aren't harming us, why should we worry about it?" Snappy said.
"The animals of this forest are part of us, whether we like it or not, Snap," Nat said. "When one of them dies, it makes me feel sad that a precious creation of Mother Nature is lost."
"Tapper says that it's his Almighty that has created all things, Nat, and that everything in this world belongs to Him," Slouchy calmly pointed out.
"So that means the humans can smurf whatever they want in it without consequence?" Nat said, not liking what he was hearing. "Well, excuse me, but I believe that there's a consequence for every action when it comes to harming things in nature, and if humans won't smurf any lessons from the harm they smurf upon living creatures, then they will smurf the price for it somehow."
"Don't smurf angry with me, Nat," Slouchy said, sounding a bit defensive. "I'm just telling you what Tapper believes in, that's all."
"I believe we should be smurfing home right now, watching the football game until the Harvest Feast is ready," Snappy said. "What we're smurfing out there on this day just seems like a..."
Suddenly Tracker stopped walking, motioning the three Smurflings to stop as well. "Shhh, quiet, Snappy," Tracker interrupted. "I'm hearing something smurfing in the forest nearby."
"What are you hearing, Tracker?" Nat asked in a whisper.
"Could it be the hunters?" Slouchy asked, also whispering.
"This is certainly getting interesting," Snappy said in a low voice, sounding bored.
Tracker shushed the three Smurflings again and listened carefully to what his ears were picking up. It sounded like something running through the forest, and it was coming straight towards them.
"Quick, Smurflings, duck!" Tracker cried out. He and the three Smurflings ducked out of the way as a pheasant with gold wings and feathers came rushing by, running for its life, looking rather scared.
"Whoa, now that was very close," Slouchy said as Tracker and the other two Smurflings picked themselves up from the ground after the pheasant passed by.
"Did you see the pheasant as it smurfed by us?" Nat said, sounding awestruck. "It seemed to be smurfing golden feathers. Maybe it's a special kind of bird that..."
"Quiet, Smurflings, I'm hearing something else coming," Tracker interrupted.
"What is it, Tracker?" Nat asked, sounding curious.
Tracker listened carefully in silence before he responded. "Hunters! They must be smurfing after the bird with hunting weapons."
"Then we must smurf after the bird before they can smurf it," Nat said.
"What do you mean, 'we'?" Snappy said. "If it's the hunters, we should let them smurf after their food."
"That's not the way of the Smurfs, Snap," Nat admonished. "We protect life that smurfs in this forest. We don't let life be smurfed harm by anyone else."
"Well, let's just smurf something before the hunters do," Slouchy said, sounding disinterested.
"Follow me, Smurflings," Tracker said. The three Smurflings followed after Tracker as he ran in the direction that he could smell the pheasant heading for.
Suddenly the four Smurfs could hear what sounded like gunshots. "What in the smurf was that?" Snappy asked.
"It's probably those new weapons called muskets," Nat said. "It's what humans use to hunt after wild animals."
"I don't care what they're called," Slouchy said. "I just don't want to be its target."
"Just keep running, my little Smurflings," Tracker said. "If we can smurf out of range of the hunters, we'll be safe."

Meanwhile, the hunters stopped in their tracks, still wielding their muskets. "Any sign of the pheasant that Lord Balthazar was after?" one of them asked.
"No, it must have disappeared into the forest," a second one answered.
"Uhhh, we were so close," the first hunter said, sounding irritated. "That bird must be worth a fortune if Balthazar wants it so badly."
"I don't know why we're hunting it with these guns if Balthazar wants it alive," the second hunter said.
"These are special muskets that the old sorcerer had crafted, you idiot," the first hunter said. "They are not meant to kill, they are just to knock whatever it is hit by its projectiles unconscious so that they can be collected."
"That must be a special bird for Balthazar to give us these kind of weapons, that's for sure," the second hunter said.
Suddenly the first hunter's locket began to glow. He touched it and suddenly he could hear the voice of his master, Lord Balthazar. "So have you two gotten my special magic bird yet?" he asked in a demanding voice.
"Not yet, Lord," the first hunter answered. "The prey is very elusive. We're doing our best with your weapons to bring it back to you alive."
"You'd better get that bird before sundown, or else not being paid for your services will be the least of your problems," Balthazar said. "Do I make myself clear?"
The first hunter gulped. "Yes, very clear, my lord." He touched the locket hanging around his neck to put it back into silent mode. "Okay, you heard him. Let's get a move on and see if we can't capture our prey before sundown."
"It better be worth the reward we're getting," the second hunter said as they started to move again.

Tracker and the three Smurflings stopped to catch their breath. "I didn't think I'd be smurfing for my life on Harvest Feast Day," Snappy said.
"I just wouldn't want to be one of those birds that hunters are smurfing after on this day either," Slouchy said.
"Are the hunters gone, Tracker?" Nat asked.
Tracker listened carefully. "I'm not hearing a sound from them, so I think we're safe for the time smurfing. But we should keep moving if we want to smurf that golden pheasant that they're after."
"I don't see what's so special about that pheasant that we have to protect it, Tracker," Snappy said as the four of them got up and started walking.
"I'm not sure I know either, Snap, but it's got to be worth something to them," Nat said.
"You think this could be a magic bird, Nat?" Slouchy asked.
"Who knows?" Nat replied. "Anyway, we're not going to let it be killed by those hunters no matter what."
"We're smurfing close to the bird, so whatever you do, don't try to spook it," Tracker warned.
They stopped as Tracker could see the golden pheasant by itself, looking as if it was trying to find food to eat out in the forest.
"Smurfabunga, that's a really beautiful bird," Snappy said as he got a look for himself.
"Yeah, too beautiful to belong on anyone's dinner plate," Slouchy said.
"That bird looks hungry, Tracker," Nat observed. "I hope we brought something that it can feed on."
"Don't worry, Nat, I came prepared," Tracker said. He reached into the pack he was carrying and pulled out a handful of birdseed. "Let's attract its attention to see if it is hungry." He whistled gently out to the bird, capturing its attention. The bird looked around to see where the whistling was coming from, and then turned and saw Tracker slowly approaching with birdseed in his hands.
"It's okay, pretty bird, we're not going to harm you," Tracker said as he moved slowly toward the bird. "Here's some seed that you can smurf on if you're hungry."
The bird turned around and looked carefully at the birdseed Tracker was holding, seeing if it was safe to eat. Then it started gobbling the seed until it was all gone. The bird spread its tail feathers out and began to sing joyfully.
"Well, the bird sure seems happy to have smurfed some birdseed, Tracker," Slouchy said.
"Yeah, but I still wonder what's so special about the bird in the first place," Snappy said. "I mean, it's beautiful and all, but why were the hunters after it?"
"I honestly don't know, Snap," Nat said. "Maybe if we bring it home to the village, Papa Smurf might know what kind of bird this is."
"It's certainly worth having Papa Smurf finding out, my little Smurflings," Tracker said, before he suddenly turned his head and heard something. "Uh-oh. The hunters are getting close to the bird again."
"We've got to smurf this bird safely home if we want to smurf it safe from the hunters that are after it," Nat said.
"I only wish we were home right now," Snappy said.
And then in an instant, the bird and the four Smurfs disappeared. Shortly after, the two hunters arrived at the spot to find nothing waiting for them.
"I swear I could hear the bird singing for a moment," the first hunter said, sounding greatly annoyed. "It was right here."
"Maybe that bird is faster than we thought," the second hunter said. "We're going to need something to be able to track down that bird no matter where it goes."
"We might as well inform Lord Balthazar about our progress," the first hunter said, sighing with frustration.

Back in the village, Brainy and Clumsy were in Printer's shop, patiently waiting for the village printer to finish his work printing up the first copy of Brainy's latest work. Finally, with his hands carefully cleansed of the printing ink he used, Printer presented Brainy with the finished work. "Here you smurf, Brainy," Printer said. "I only hope it was worth my missing out on the football game to smurf it ready."
"As always, Printer, you smurf an excellent job publishing all my wonderful works and smurfing them together in volumes that I'm sure many Smurfs will be reading for years to smurf," Brainy said proudly as he briefly looked through the contents.
"Well, you enjoy your reading, and I'll be happy knowing that I won't have to smurf together any more copies of your works until you are ready to publish your next one," Printer said, eager to have Brainy leave the shop.
"Oh, don't be silly, Printer," Brainy said. "I might just have you smurf me an extra copy so I could have one to carry with me wherever I smurf in the village, and another to read when I'm at home, resting or smurfing any of my private activities. Which reminds me, when soon are you going to be ready to..."
Brainy soon found himself thrown out of Printer's shop along with his book. Clumsy calmly walked out and joined Brainy at the place he landed. "Uh, Brainy, what's so special about the book you just published?" Clumsy asked.
"Well, it's my latest book, The Many Things Brainy Smurf Is Thankful For, and I want to share it with my fellow Smurfs at the Harvest Feast that we will be smurfing today," Brainy answered, picking up the book and showing Clumsy its cover. "I think it's appropriate for this season to share the many wonderful blessings that I, Brainy Smurf, enjoy each and every day of my life."
"Golly, Brainy, you need a whole book just to smurf what you're thankful for?" Clumsy asked.
"As humiliating as it may sound, Clumsy, I am indeed grateful for the many blessings that most Smurfs take for granted," Brainy said. "However, the greatest blessing that I am thankful for is that I have been gifted with an incredibly intelligent mind that I can fill every day with knowledge and wisdom that can smurf in handy for me and my fellow Smurfs in the days to smurf."
"Well, at least I'm grateful to have so many friends in the village, Brainy, but most of all I'm grateful to have you as my very best friend in the whole world," Clumsy said. "I would smurf anywhere you go in this world."
Brainy sighed. "I know that you would, Clumsy, believe me."
Suddenly Tracker, Nat, Snappy, Slouchy, and the golden pheasant appeared right out of nowhere in the middle of the village.
"Smurfabunga, Tracker, how did we smurf home so quickly?" Snappy asked as the four of them looked around at their surroundings.
"I'm beginning to wonder the same thing myself," Tracker said, also equally puzzled.
"Uh, hi, Tracker, Nat, Snappy, Slouchy," Clumsy greeted. "We weren't expecting you to smurf home so quickly, but Brainy just had his new book published. Isn't it amazing?"
"Yes, it's very amazing," Tracker said, sounding disinterested. "Have any of you seen Papa Smurf?"
"He and most of the other Smurfs are at the stadium smurfing that football game, Tracker," Brainy answered. "Me and Clumsy were busy at Printer's shop smurfing my new book together to be printed."
"Just what we need, another doorstop from Brainy Smurf," Snappy jested.
"I wonder how anyone can find the time to smurf such 'heavy material' together, Snap," Slouchy said, as the two of them laughed.
"We need to protect this bird from the hunters that are out to smurf after it for whatever reason they are interested in it, Brainy," Tracker said.
"But we also need to feed it some more birdseed, if we have any," Nat added.
"I'm sure we can smurf after the bird while Papa Smurf is indisposed of at this moment, since I know a thing about how to smurf care of birds," Brainy said confidently. "Come, Clumsy, let's smurf him over to Feathers' stable and see if we can't smurf something for our feathered friend."
"Uh, coming, Brainy," Clumsy said. "Hey, birdie, come with us. You'll be safe here."
Tracker and the three Smurflings watched as the golden pheasant followed Brainy and Clumsy. "Not that I trust Brainy to know what he's smurfing, but at least the hunters won't find the bird as long as it is in this village," Tracker said.
"But still, how did we manage to smurf home just like that?" Slouchy asked.
"I don't know, Slouchy," Snappy answered. "I just said I wished we were home, and then suddenly here we are."
"Do you think the bird magically caused us to appear in the village by what Snappy had said, Tracker?" Nat asked.
"It's possible, Nat," Tracker replied. "For now, though, I want Papa Smurf to examine the bird to see what we're dealing with here."

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-21-2019 10:26 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 3

In Lord Balthazar's castle, the evil sorcerer was sitting on his throne with his raven sitting on top of the throne's back portion, looking rather impatient as he was pondering in his mind about what he had sent the hunters after. He was twirling around his rather thin chin spike of a beard when suddenly the jewel on his ring began to glow, which meant that he had an incoming call from the hunters. He raised the ring up to his mouth and spoke into it. "Yes, what is it that you want?" he asked roughly.
"Your prey has disappeared into the forest, and we are having complete difficulty trying to track it down, my lord," the first hunter spoke. "We don't know where it can be right now."
"You imbeciles!" Lord Balthazar growled. "Must I do everything for you in order to do your jobs correctly? I am the one who's paying you!"
"My apologies, lord, but I don't see how we can find the golden pheasant that you're after unless there's some way we can accurately track it down to wherever it has gone to," the hunter said.
Lord Balthazar felt greatly annoyed, but he realized that the hunter was right. "I have an idea, but it's going to require your cooperation," he said. "Can either of you go into the forest and find a feather from the golden pheasant?"
"It's possible, but we're not sure what good it will do us at this point," the hunter replied.
"You worry about finding the feather, and I'll concern myself with being able to help you complete your quest," Balthazar said. "Just remember what I said, that I want this creature before sundown or neither of you will be paid."
"Yes, my lord, we will remember that," the hunter said before the jewel on Balthazar's ring grew dim.
Lord Balthazar let out a heavy sigh. "As much as I hate having to rely on incompetent help, I might as well see what the spell books say about using personal items of creatures in order to track their location." He went to the bookshelf in his laboratory and skimmed through the pages until he found what he was looking for. "Ha...perfect! Now all I need is that feather, and that golden pheasant will be as good as mine!"

At Feathers' stable in the Smurf Village, Brainy and Clumsy were both watching after the golden pheasant, with Clumsy feeding the pheasant some birdseed from Farmer's fields. The bird seemed very happy, as was also Clumsy when he was watching and listening to the bird sing.
"Oh, can you believe it, Brainy?" Clumsy said, sounding very ecstatic. "This bird sings very beautiful music when I feed it some birdseed. Don't you think so?"
"Yes, Clumsy, it's very beautiful music," Brainy said, sounding disinterested. "But can't you just leave me alone to read my own book? I'm sure you're very capable of watching over the bird yourself."
"But Brainy, I thought we're going to smurf this together," Clumsy said, sounding very disappointed.
"Right now, the only thing I wish for you to do is to smurf yourself silent so I can read my book in peace," Brainy said, sounding very annoyed.
"Oh, sure, Brainy, if that's what you...," Clumsy started to say when his voice suddenly went mute and he was unable to speak. He tried to get Brainy's attention, but Brainy was so enraptured by his book that he couldn't divert his friend away from it. Realizing that he would need the help of Papa Smurf, he quickly ran away from the stable.
"Clumsy, you sure seem to be quiet all of a sudden," Brainy said while he was in the middle of reading his book. "Is everything all right?" He looked up from his book, only to see that Clumsy was gone. "Ah, it figures...he probably has to smurf to the outhouse to relieve himself or something," he said to himself after briefly looking around. "Oh well, I'm sure he'll smurf back to doing his job."
Just then, Jokey showed up carrying one of his "surprises" with him. "Hey, Brainy, what's that you're smurfing with there?" he asked, sounding curious.
"Well, that happens to be a golden pheasant that Tracker and the Smurflings have found in the forest today, Jokey Smurf, like it's that important for you to know," Brainy said condescendingly.
"Mind if I feed it some birdseed?" Jokey asked.
"Oh no, go right ahead, Jokey," Brainy said. "I'll just be here reading my book."
Jokey picked up a handful of birdseed and fed it to the pheasant. The bird spread out its tail feathers again and sang a beautiful song.
"That's amazing, Brainy," Jokey said. "You just feed it birdseed and it sings. I wonder why you're so lucky to be watching over a bird like this."
"I'm not lucky, Jokey, I'm just watching over it until Papa Smurf shows up," Brainy said. "In fact, I'm getting so impatient waiting for him, I could only wish he would show up right here and now."
"Well, good luck with that, Brainy," Jokey said. "He's going to be busy..."
Then suddenly Papa Smurf materialized out of nowhere. "Great Smurfs Of Fire, what in the name of a Smurf has happened?" he asked, sounding very puzzled. "The first thing I knew, I was in the stadium watching the football game, and the next moment I'm here. What's going on, Brainy?"
"I...I...I...I just don't know, Papa Smurf," Brainy answered, sounding just as puzzled as Papa Smurf was. "I only wished that you were here to examine this bird Tracker and the Smurflings found in the forest, and here you are all of a sudden."
"A bird they found, eh?" Papa Smurf said as he looked and saw the golden pheasant for himself. "Smurf is me, it certainly is a very beautiful bird, of a kind that I have only heard about before, but never smurfed until now."
"You know what kind of bird it is, Papa Smurf?" Brainy asked.
"Certainly, Brainy," Papa Smurf answered. "This is a very rare Wishing Bird. It smurfs you wishes whenever you feed it and it becomes happy enough to smurf a song to you."
"You're not kidding, Papa Smurf?" Jokey said, sounding amazed. "I just fed this bird some seed a few moments ago, then Brainy smurfed that wish, and here you are."
"Oh no, Papa Smurf!" Brainy said, realizing it for himself. "I may have wished Clumsy away by accident, because he was here a moment ago and the next he was gone."
"I'm sure we can bring Clumsy back, Brainy," Papa Smurf said assuringly. "Wherever he has gone, all we can smurf is just smurf the Wishing Bird some seed and it will grant our wish."

Meanwhile, Empath and Polaris were still watching the football game together when Clumsy approached them in the bleachers, not able to find Papa Smurf, but willing to go to Empath if necessary.
Empath looked at Clumsy as he frantically tried to get Empath's attention. "Clumsy, what's wrong?" he asked. "This smurf can sense you are no longer able to talk."
Clumsy tried to use sign language to communicate the situation to Empath and Polaris, who just watched while Clumsy signed.
"It would seem that Tracker and the Smurflings have found something in the forest, Empath, and that something has somehow disabled Clumsy's ability to use his voice," Polaris interpreted.
"It's a good thing you came to this smurf when you did, Clumsy," Empath said. "This smurf will come to find out what it is that caused this to..."
Then suddenly Clumsy disappeared right in front of Empath and Polaris.
"This is very unusual," Empath said. "First Clumsy shows up without a voice, and the next moment he vanishes. This smurf has a feeling that there's something magical in the village that's causing this."
"It would be best to investigate this matter for ourselves, in order to keep the other Smurfs safe from this mysterious magical phenomenon," Polaris suggested.
Empath sighed. "So much for watching the rest of this game."

Tapper showed up at Feathers' stable at the same moment that Clumsy appeared out of nowhere. "Golly, Papa Smurf, how did I suddenly smurf up here when I was at the stadium trying to talk to Empath?" Clumsy asked, also surprised to find that his voice returned.
"Just relax, Clumsy," Papa Smurf responded. "I just smurfed a wish to the Wishing Bird that you would show up the way you were when you first disappeared."
"But I didn't disappear, Papa Smurf," Clumsy objected. "I just lost my voice and I tried to get Brainy's attention and I couldn't, so I just..."
"Great Smurfiny Crickets, I have never seen such a beautiful bird like that before," Tapper said, interrupting Clumsy. "What kind of bird is this, and where did it smurf from?"
"This is a Wishing Bird, Tapper," Papa Smurf said. "As far as I know, Tracker and the boy Smurflings found it out in the forest and smurfed it home here...or rather, it smurfed both them and itself back home here."
"This is incredible, Papa Smurf, but what are we going to smurf with it?" Tapper asked.
"Well, I'm sure every Smurf is going to want to smurf a wish with the Wishing Bird, Tapper, and since Tracker left me and Clumsy in charge of it, I will be controlling who gets to smurf a wish from the Wishing Bird," Brainy announced.
"Oh boy, I get to help Brainy be in charge of the Wishing Bird," Clumsy said, sounding excited.
"Let's not smurf the cannon here, my little Smurfs," Papa Smurf said. "I'm sure there's a good reason Tracker and the Smurflings have brought this Wishing Bird home, and it's not to have every Smurf make wishes with it. Brainy, you and Clumsy watch over this bird to make sure it remains safe here in the village. Whoever is after it must have some evil purpose in mind, and I don't want to give whoever wants it a chance to smurf here and get it."
"Yes, sir, Papa Smurf, you can count on me," Brainy said with a standing salute.
"Uh, yeah, me too, Papa Smurf," Clumsy seconded with his own salute.
"Papa Smurf, I would advise a bit of caution if I were you," Tapper counseled. "It's not that I don't trust Brainy or Clumsy to smurf their job as watchful Smurfs, but I fear that somebody in the village might smurf the bird's magic for their own selfish reasons."
"I respect your concern, Tapper, and I will smurf your note of caution into consideration," Papa Smurf said assuringly.
Just then, Empath and Polaris showed up. "This smurf was wondering where Clumsy had disappeared to when he showed up at the stadium trying to tell us what was going on here, Papa Smurf," Empath said.
"This one trusts that the situation concerning Clumsy is under control," Polaris said.
"You don't need to worry anymore, Empath and Polaris," Papa Smurf said. "Clumsy is safe here and will be watching over the Wishing Bird with Brainy to make sure it is safe here in the village."
"You mean someone might be after this bird, to use whatever magic it has to fulfill their evil purposes," Empath said, sensing what Papa Smurf was thinking.
"We would like to offer our services to keep the village safe in case someone who is looking for this bird invades our village, Papa Smurf," Polaris requested.
"I'll smurf you in charge of that, Polaris," Papa Smurf said. "Empath, your job is to keep the other Smurfs occupied so that they are not thinking about this Wishing Bird that is among us. Who knows what kind of chaos we might smurf upon ourselves if every Smurf knows about this?"
Empath nodded. "This smurf understands and acknowledges, Papa Smurf."
"I pray that we can smurf through this situation without making things smurf much worse for ourselves in the process, my fellow Smurfs," Tapper said before he, Papa Smurf, Empath, and Polaris left the stable to go their own separate ways.

Out in the forest, the hunters were searching for a feather from the golden pheasant through all the known places they have searched for it. And then soon they saw something glistening in the sunlight on the ground. They came close and saw just what they were looking for: a single golden feather.
The first hunter picked it up and examined it before touching the locket he was wearing. "Lord Balthazar, I think I have found the feather," the hunter said.
"Hold still, and I will cast a spell that will make the feather be able to track your prey down," Lord Balthazar responded. He went to his cauldron where he was preparing a potion that was simmering in it, causing its foul vapors to rise in the air. While waving his hands in the air, Balthazar spoke in an arcane language:

Single feather, down of fowl,
Gilded dressing of the Wishing Bird,
May this lead back to you
Where you may be found
Upon the curse of a single wish
That may be spoken.

When the final word of the spell was uttered, a beam of red light came from the hunter's locket to strike the feather, causing it to glow with an evil aura.
"You now can track the bird to wherever it is in the forest, but only if someone is foolish enough to make a single wish with that bird," Balthazar explained. "Now hurry and bring me that bird before sundown."
"Yes, Lord Balthazar, we are on our way," the first hunter said.
"What good would that feather do us if somebody doesn't make a wish with this bird, if that's what our prey is capable of doing?" the second hunter asked, sounding doubtful.
"We'll find out if we can track our prey down with this thing or not," the first hunter said. "Somebody has it, and somebody is going to do something with it that will alert us."

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-21-2019 10:27 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 4

Sometime later, Smurfette and Sassette both came from the stadium, looking all tired out from the cheerleading they did during the football game.
"Lazy lemmings, Smurfette, I didn't think cheersmurfing would be so exhausting a job to do for our fellow Smurfs," Sassette said.
"I know, but it's worth our efforts, Sassette," Smurfette said. "The sooner we can smurf out of these uniforms and freshen up ourselves and smurf on some clean clothes to greet the Smurfs at the Harvest Feast with, the better."
"I wonder what the other Smurflings have smurfed on this day with Tracker out in the forest," Sassette said.
"We'll find out when we meet them," Smurfette said. She and Sassette then passed by Feathers' stable and stopped when they saw the golden pheasant. "Oh, what a beautiful bird that is. I wonder where it came from."
"I've never seen a bird that has golden feathers before, Smurfette," Sassette said, also amazed at the sight. "Do you think this is some sort of special bird?"
"Maybe it is, Sassette, but we'll never know," Smurfette said.
"As a matter of fact, Smurfette, this happens to be a very rare Wishing Bird that Tracker and the Smurflings discovered out in the forest, Smurfette," Brainy said, overhearing the conversation between Smurfette and Sassette.
"A Wishing Bird?" Smurfette said, sounding curious. "You mean it can grant me whatever thing I wish for?"
"Uh, yeah, Smurfette," Clumsy replied. "You just smurf it some birdseed, make a wish, and it will smurf whatever it is you wish for."
"Oh, I wouldn't mind smurfing it a try," Smurfette said. "Mind if I smurf it some birdseed?"
"Oh no, just go right ahead, Smurfette," Brainy said.
Smurfette picked up a handful of birdseed and gave it to the Wishing Bird, who then ate it up and afterward spread out its tail feathers and began to sing.
"Musical mockingbirds, Smurfette, the Wishing Bird even sings to you," Sassette commented.
"Oooh, it sounds so beautiful," Smurfette said. "Well, what I could wish for is a new pair of shoes with diamond studded inlays."
"A new pair of shoes?" Sassette said. "But Smurfette, you already have plenty of pairs of shoes in your closet."
"I know, Sassette, but let's see if I can...," Smurfette began to say when she felt her feet tingle with the sensation of something changing, and then she looked down and saw that she was wearing heels that had diamond studded inlays.
"That's amazing, Smurfette," Sassette said, looking in awestruck wonder.
"Oh, these are beautiful, and they're just the right size, too!" Smurfette said, sounding very ecstatic. "I wonder if I can smurf some more wishes from the Wishing Bird."
"Papa Smurf left me in charge of the Wishing Bird, Smurfette, so only I can determine who would be allowed to smurf the Wishing Bird for any sort of wishes," Brainy said.
"Uh, yeah, what Brainy said," Clumsy seconded.
"Well, that figures," Smurfette said, sounding greatly disappointed. "I guess if I can't smurf anymore wishes with the bird now, at least could you allow Sassette to smurf whatever wish she wants to make?"
"Why not, Smurfette?" Brainy said. "What kind of thing could a little Smurf like her wish for, anyway?"
Sassette grabbed a handful of birdseed and fed it to the Wishing Bird. Again it spread out its tail feathers and sang a joyful song.
"Well, my wish may seem silly, but I would wish Empath would be here right now to smurf me how much he truly loves me," Sassette said.
"That's your wish?" Brainy said, sounding like the whole thing was ridiculous to him.
"That's a very nice fantasy, Sassette, but I would think that such a thing is...," Smurfette began to say.
Then suddenly Empath materialized out of nowhere and appeared right next to Sassette. "Oh, Sassette, you truly are the Smurfette of this smurf's dreams, even though we are years apart from each other," Empath said, kissing Sassette's forehead.
Smurfette looked at Empath with a bit of disgust. "Empath!" she snapped.
Empath looked briefly at Smurfette. "Oh, salutations, Smurfette," he said. "This smurf also thinks you're beautiful. But there's no female Smurf that I would rather smurf my life for than this ginger-haired young beauty."
Sassette began to feel like the whole thing came off as a bit too creepy for her. "Okay, is there a way that I could make a wish to unsmurf this wish?" she asked.
"Sorry, Sassette, but you and Smurfette already smurfed your wish for the day, so I would suggest you smurf on and let me and Clumsy be alone with our Wishing Bird," Brainy said.
"Well, you and Empath be smurfy with each other," Clumsy said as he watched the three Smurfs depart from the stable.
Smurfette looked at Sassette as if she had done the worst thing she could possibly do to her, while Sassette looked plenty embarrassed. "I'm sorry, Smurfette, I didn't expect the wish that I wished for to work this well," Sassette said.
"I think we're going to need Papa Smurf's help with unsmurfing this wish, Sassette," Smurfette said. "I just don't think that this whole thing with you and Empath smurfing together like this is even appropriate."
"Look, I know the two of us shouldn't smurf together like this because of our age differences and all," Sassette said. "I just can't help feeling jealous of you being with Empath because you're both adult Smurfs and I'm only a Smurfling."
"I know you mean well, Sassette," Smurfette said. "I could only wish you were an adult Smurf right now so that you could be the right age to smurf a relationship with Empath."
"I could only wish that myself, but I don't think that's ever going to...," Sassette began to say before she suddenly grew in size and appeared as an adult Smurf wearing a shirt and pink trousers. "Uh-oh, I think the Wishing Bird just granted me another wish."
"Someone must have fed the Wishing Bird again," Smurfette said. "Now we need to smurf something with that bird or Smurfs are just going to have whatever they wish smurf true whether they want it or not."
"But what do you want me to smurf with Empath now?" Sassette asked, as she felt him kissing up her left arm.
Smurfette didn't know how to answer. "Try to keep him focused on the situation at hand, Sassette. That's all you need to do."
"That's going to be easier smurfed than done," Sassette said, watching Smurfette walk off while trying to keep herself from Empath's advances.

Out in the forest, the two hunters were getting impatient waiting for the golden feather to actually do something that will lead them to the golden pheasant.
"Uh, this thing is useless," the second hunter said. "We might as well cut our losses and quit searching for this elusive bird if there's no way that this magicked feather is going to..."
"Wait a minute...I feel something," the first hunter said as he held onto the feather, which was now starting to glow brighter. It pulled itself out of his hand and rose into the air, beckoning the hunters to follow.
"The magic feather...it's starting to move away from us!" the second hunter observed.
"Then we must follow it to wherever it is taking us," the first hunter said. They quickly picked up their muskets and followed the feather as it floated in the air and led them through the forest.

Soon the football game was all over, and the Smurfs were carrying the members of Hefty's team high over their shoulders out of the stadium, shouting in triumph over the team's victory.
"Another year, another victory," Hefty said. "Duncan's going to be smurfing in his sarsaparilla ale because his team lost to ours, Qubey."
"They smurfed up a good fight on the field, Hefty," Qubey said. "It's too bad it was all for nothing, because you smurf the touch when it smurfs to football."
"I just wish Smurfette was there to smurf me with a kiss when our team smurfed the winning score," Hefty said. "I would give anything to smurf the look on Empath's face if she ever kissed me the way she kisses that old star-face."
"Yoo-hoo, Hefty," a familiar female voice called out. Hefty looked and saw that Smurfette was standing right in front of the crowd that was coming towards her, looking as if she was waiting specifically for him.
"Hey, it's Smurfette!" Hefty called out. The crowd stopped and let Hefty down so he could go over to Smurfette. "Well, where were you at the end of the game? I was looking for you, but you didn't stay until the game was over."
"I'm here now, Hefty, because I wanted to smurf you this," Smurfette said. The other Smurfs watched as Smurfette kissed Hefty full on the mouth.
"Sacre bleu," Painter said, sounding very surprised. "Mademoiselle Smurfette is now kissing M'sieu Hefty the way she normally kisses M'sieu Empath."
"I could only wonder what would smurf this kind of thing upon her all of a sudden," Poet said, looking at the scene with curiosity.
Hefty looked amazed, as if he didn't expect that coming from Smurfette. "This is surely a surprise, Smurfette, not that I didn't enjoy it," he said. "What happened to your feelings toward Empath?"
"Huh?" Smurfette said, as if she just realized what she had done at that moment. "What in Smurf's name was I doing? One moment I was walking off from Empath and Sassette, and the next moment I'm here kissing Hefty." Then she had another revelation. "That must be the Wishing Bird granting another wish again."
"A Wishing Bird?" Hefty said, sounding puzzled. "Okay, Smurfette, just what was going on here while we were playing football?"
"That's what happened, Hefty," Smurfette said. "Tracker and the Smurflings brought home a Wishing Bird that's able to grant wishes whenever it's being fed and it sings a happy song. I'm sorry if I disappointed you."
"Don't worry about it, Smurfette," Hefty said. "I'm sure we can get this mess smurfened out with Papa Smurf's help."

At Feathers' stable, Brainy and Clumsy continued to watch over the Wishing Bird, with Clumsy continually feeding it birdseed, which made the bird so happy that it kept singing its song over and over.
"Gosh, Brainy, keeping this bird alive and happy is really fun, don't you think?" Clumsy asked, sounding giddy with excitement.
"I suppose that it is, Brainy, but really, what's the point in having a Wishing Bird if you can't take advantage of what that bird does with your wishes?" Brainy said.
"I thought you liked being in charge of the Wishing Bird, Brainy," Clumsy said.
"I do, Clumsy, I do," Brainy said. "But having to be in charge of such a bird does have its responsibilities, like with the Great Book of Answers that I have found in Papa Smurf's laboratory some years ago. Having to keep it fed all the time and yet making sure nobody inadvertently starts making wishes is really difficult. Who knows what kind of wishes Smurfs would be making right now?"
"You mean, somebody could just voice a wish without meaning to and it suddenly smurfs true?" Clumsy asked.
"That's exactly my point, Clumsy," Brainy answered. "But that makes me wonder, what are we supposed to do to keep other Smurfs from smurfing those kind of wishes?"
"Gee, I don't know, Brainy," Clumsy said.
"Brainy! Clumsy! Whatever you do, get the Smurfs to stop making wishes!" Tapper called out as he was racing toward the stable to talk to them.
"What do you mean, Tapper?" Brainy asked. "That's what we've been smurfing all day. We just feed the bird and yet no Smurf has been smurfing near here to smurf any sort of wish."
"Yeah, like Brainy said," Clumsy seconded.
"I have been sensing in my spirit that we are attracting strangers to this village with our wishes, my friends," Tapper said. "It would be best if you stopped smurfing the bird any more birdseed for the time being."
"Oh really?" Brainy said, sounding unconvinced. "Well, I wish that those strangers would just smurf up here so we can smurf care of them for good."
"Uh, Brainy, maybe you shouldn't have said that, because...," Clumsy said.
"Because of what, Clumsy?" Brainy snapped.
"Ah, the golden feather has led us to this strange place," they heard a human voice say.
"Rather small houses and people," a second human voice said. "What shall we do with them?"
"Just ignore them unless they try to attack us," the first human voice said. "We're only here for the bird, that's all."
"Uh, because your wish just came true, Brainy," Clumsy said in a frightened voice.
Brainy gulped, realizing that he just put his village in danger. "EMPATH! PAPA SMURF! HELP!" he cried out as both he and Clumsy ran away.
Tapper just stood and watched as the two humans came close to Feathers' stable, where they saw the Wishing Bird. "There it is!" one of them shouted.
"That little one should tell us something about the bird," another said, seeing Tapper close by. He grabbed Tapper and raised him up to his face. "You, little blue man! Tell us how we can use this bird!"
"I will tell you nothing, my human friend," Tapper boldly stated.
"Speak, or I will squeeze the life out of you!" the human threatened, tightening his grip
Tapper groaned in pain as he felt the tightening grip of his captor. "I will...gladly...smurf my life...for this bird...if that's...what it...takes...," he managed to say.
"Here is a pile of birdseed," the other human said, noticing it nearby.
"Feed it to the bird," the first human said. "Maybe we can find out for ourselves what this bird does."
The other human picked up a small handful of seed and fed it to the bird. The bird immediately spread out its tail feathers and began to sing joyfully, but then the other human immediately grabbed it.
Brainy and Clumsy watched from the safety of another house. "Gosh, how are we going to help Tapper?" Clumsy asked fearfully.
"I don't know, Clumsy," Brainy answered. "I just wish those humans would smurf back to wherever it is they smurfed from."
And then immediately afterward, the two humans vanished along with Tapper and the Wishing Bird.
"Oh no!" Brainy cried out. "They've taken the Wishing Bird with them."
"And Tapper's gone with them too," Clumsy added.
Soon Papa Smurf came on the scene with Empath, Polaris, and Duncan McSmurf. "Brainy, what's smurfing on here?" he asked. "Where's the Wishing Bird? And where's Tapper?"
"It's my fault, Papa Smurf," Brainy said. "I made a wish for those humans to be here so that we can take care of them, and they suddenly appeared and have taken the Wishing Bird and Tapper, and I wished them away, and now they're gone."
"Michty me, how could you laddies smurf such a thing?" Duncan asked, sounding very angry.
"Calm down, Duncan, and let me handle this," Papa Smurf said. "Brainy, you said that you wished these humans into our village and then you wished them away. Did they tell you where they smurfed from?"
"No, Papa Smurf, I don't remember then smurfing anything about where they smurfed from," Brainy answered.
"Well, unless we have some sort of evidence, we wouldn't be able to know just where it is that these humans have gone with Tapper or the Wishing Bird," Papa Smurf said, stroking his beard in wonder.
"Papa Smurf, this smurf is sensing some sort of magic spell on this golden feather that this smurf has found," Empath said, picking it up and showing it to Papa Smurf.
"A magic spell?" Papa Smurf said. "Can you determine where that spell smurfed from?"
"This smurf cannot trace its origin, Papa Smurf," Empath responded. "However, this smurf can sense a particular evil presence in this spell, like a form of dark magic."
"Dark magic?" Polaris asked, sounding curious. "Like who among the humans or other species of beings would be using this 'dark magic' on this feather?"
Empath closed his eyes to get a better sense. "It's human in origin, Polaris. This smurf can sense it's the same human that the Smurfs have encountered years ago when Flowerbell first came into the village."
"You mean...Lord Balthazar?" Papa Smurf asked, realizing for himself.
"It figures that an evil sort like him would be behind this smurfnapping a magical bird with this evil spell," Duncan said. "We've got to find some way to smurf Tapper and that peacock out of his hands."
"I agree, Duncan," Papa Smurf said. "Empath, you take Duncan and Polaris with you to Lord Balthazar's castle at once, but be careful once you get there. That human has so many tricks up his smurf, you would have no idea what he might smurf with any of you."
"We will do our best, Papa Smurf," Polaris said, nodding with acknowledgement.
"There's just one thing this smurf must do before we go anywhere," Empath said. He quickly raced to where he found Sassette standing among the boy Smurflings, still as an adult Smurf. "This is in case this smurf never comes back," he said as he took Sassette in his arms and kissed her on the mouth.
Nat, Snappy, and Slouchy just stood there and watched the kiss without saying anything, feeling a bit shocked. Then Empath quickly ran off and left Sassette standing there with the Smurflings, also without anything to say.
Finally, Sassette said, "I can't believe it. Empath just kissed me."

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-21-2019 10:29 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 5

In Lord Balthazar's castle, the hunters presented the evil sorcerer with their prey. "Here is the bird that you wanted us to capture, and with it we bring this little blue man from the village we found him in," one of the hunters said.
"Excellent, excellent!" Balthazar said, sounding overjoyed. "Here is your reward for your services." He handed them a small bag of money as they handed over the Wishing Bird and Tapper. "Now leave me alone while I discover for myself what this Wishing Bird does and how it can help me get what I want."
"Yes, sir, my lord," both hunters said in turn as they bowed before leaving.
Balthazar looked at the little Smurf he held in one of his hands. "I suppose you know something about this Wishing Bird that you refuse to share with the men who have captured you," he said. "I can make things a lot easier for you. I may not promise you freedom, but I can make your death painless if you would kindly tell me how it is I can use the Wishing Bird to grant my wishes."
"If that's what you're after, then I would gladly suffer at your hands than smurf anything that would harm anyone, including my friends," Tapper said.
Balthazar sighed. "Such a pity you would choose the hard way." He reached out toward a small cage and placed Tapper inside it, closing the gate and locking it. Then he took the Wishing Bird and placed it in a larger cage, also locking it. "If you will not cooperate with me, then I will force the secret out of the Wishing Bird by boiling it alive. You will get to watch helplessly as I make your feathered friend very uncomfortable to the point where either of you will be glad to give me what I want to know."
Balthazar laughed evilly as he headed into another room, leaving Tapper alone with the Wishing Bird, who seemed to feel a bit fearful of what's going to happen to it.
"Do not fear, my feathered friend," Tapper said comfortingly. "I am very sure that our friends in the Smurf Village are going to rescue us very soon."

Empath, Polaris, and Duncan flew on the back of Feathers the crane as she took to the sky and headed in the direction of Lord Balthazar's castle. "This smurf has the feeling that dealing with Lord Balthazar is not going to be easy," Empath said.
"Aye, if Gargamel was an evil sort, then Balthazar is many times worse than he is," Duncan said. "I swear that this man would smurf things that would make the wretched old sorcerer smurf in his knickers."
"This one has heard that this Lord Balthazar is actually Gargamel's godfather," Polaris commented.
"Aye, that he is, Polaris," Duncan said. "I wouldn't be surprised if he paid for Gargamel's education as a sorcerer, for what little it would smurf him."
"This smurf only hopes we can get there before Lord Balthazar does anything evil to Tapper or the Wishing Bird," Empath said gravely.
"There it is," Duncan pointed out as they saw the tall darkly-lit castle coming into view as they got closer to it. A serpent in the moat raised up its head and tried snapping at Feathers as she flew near it, but the serpent missed its prey.
Feathers landed on the rooftop of one of the castle's towers. "Whatever we do, getting Tapper and the Wishing Bird out of there is our main priority," Empath said. "Let's try to avoid a confrontation with Balthazar at all costs."
"This one acknowledges and understands, Empath," Polaris said in agreement.
"That doesn't smurf like a lot of fun to me, laddies," Duncan said as they carefully made their way down the sloped rooftop.
Landing in one of the nearby windows, Empath, Polaris, and Tapper looked around to see if the coast was clear. Then they hopped inside and looked around to see if they could find any trace of Tapper or the Wishing Bird.
Then they enter the main laboratory and could see the Wishing Bird. It looked happy as it saw the Smurfs approaching it in its cage. "Salutations, fellow Wishing Bird," Empath greeted. "We only wish to help you escape."
"Duncan, I'm up here!" Tapper called out from the cage he was in.
"Excuse me, laddies, I've got to smurf my friend out of his prison," Duncan said as he headed toward a bookshelf and climbed up it to the topmost shelf.
"Have you brought any birdseed with you, Polaris?" Empath asked.
"This one came prepared, Empath," Polaris said, producing a small bag of birdseed he was carrying on a belt he was wearing. He poured a handful of it into Empath's hands, who then presented it to the Wishing Bird, who then ate of it until it spread out its tail feathers and started singing joyfully.
Duncan pulled as hard as he could on the gate of Tapper's cage until the lock broke and the gate opened. "Thanks, my fellow Duncan," he said as he hopped out of the cage and jumped down to the ground.
"No problem, laddie," Duncan said. "Now let's smurf ourselves out of here and..."
"YOU!" a threatening voice boomed loudly in the room. Empath, Polaris, Duncan, and Tapper could see that Lord Balthazar had entered the room again, blocking their way out. "I don't know what you did to cause that bird to sing, but it won't matter, because you will be joining it when I capture all four of you!"
"Oh yeah?" Duncan said. "Then I wish for your sorry smurf to be smurfed into Tartarus before you smurf a finger on any of us!"
Then instantly Empath, Polaris, Duncan, and Tapper saw that Lord Balthazar had vanished right in front of them. "Well, this smurf didn't expect this fight to be over so soon before it even started," Empath said.
"Not that this Lord Balthazar didn't deserve what has happened to him, Empath," Polaris said.
"Not that I fully approve of what has happened, my friends, but we'll smurf that in the hands of the Almighty to deal with," Tapper said.
"Aye, rightly so," Duncan said. "Do you still have some birdseed left, Polaris?"
"There is some left, though whether that will be enough is up to us to figure out," Polaris said, pouring out the rest of the contents of his bag.
"Give it to the Wishing Bird anyway," Empath said as he broke the lock on the Wishing Bird's cage, setting it free. The Wishing Bird devoured the remaining birdseed from Polaris' hand and then spread out its tail feathers and sang joyfully.
"Let us wish for a safe journey for all five of us, the Wishing Bird included," Tapper said.
"Let's not forget Feathers, laddie," Duncan said.
"Okay, then, and Feathers too," Tapper said.
And then suddenly all six of them were transported from Lord Balthazar's castle straight to the Smurf Village.

Meanwhile, Lord Balthazar found himself in a very dark place, unable to see anything...at first. It was so dark that it was making all the hairs on his skin stand up on end in fear. "Where...where in the blue blazes of Inferno am I?" he asked, as if expecting to find an answer.
Then suddenly everything lit up, and Balthazar saw that he was within a cavern full of seas of liquid lava surrounding him. The temperature was so unbearably hot that it was making Balthazar sweat all over. Then he saw a dark satyr-like figure standing before him with a pitchfork in his hand.
"You are in Tartarus, my friend," the dark figure said ominously. "And you are now my prisoner."
Balthazar felt his jaw dropping and his robes wet with warm urine as he heard the dark figure's hideous laughter.

Papa Smurf laughed when Duncan told what he had wished for when he, Empath, Polaris, and Tapper had confronted Lord Balthazar in his castle. "I'm sure that we won't smurf the last of Lord Balthazar yet, my little Smurfs, but at least for the time smurfing he won't harm us where he is now," Papa Smurf said.
"That's smurfy and all, but how about resmurfing things to the way it was before the Wishing Bird smurfed into the village?" Snappy asked.
"Yeah," Slouchy seconded. "I'm not sure I'm completely ready for a grown-up Sassette yet."
"Don't worry about that, my little Smurfs," Papa Smurf said assuringly as he held out toward the Wishing Bird a small pile of birdseed in his hands. The Wishing Bird ate up the birdseed, then spread out its tail feathers and sang joyfully. "Wishing Bird, I wish to have things smurfed back to normal among my little Smurfs."
Suddenly, Sassette felt herself instantly changing back into a Smurfling. "Smurfaroo, Pappy, I'm back to being young me again," Sassette said.
"I'm glad to have you back as your younger self, Sassy," Nat said.
"I hate being back to my younger self," Grouchy said.
Smurfette looked down at her shoes and realized that they were back to being her normal everyday shoes. "Oh dear," Smurfette moaned. "At least that wish was good while it lasted."
"It doesn't matter to this smurf, Smurfette, because this smurf still thinks you are very beautiful," Empath said.
"You're not just smurfing that in order to smurf for an apology from me, are you, Empath?" Smurfette said, looking at him suspicioulsy.
"Of course not, Smurfette," Empath replied. "Even if you don't forgive this smurf, this smurf still appreciates you for the Smurf that you are to this smurf."
Smurfette smirked. "Okay, at least this time I will forgive you."
Then suddenly Mother Nature appeared out of a swirl of autumn leaves. "Why, hello there, my little Smurfs," she greeted. "I came just as soon as I have received Papa Smurf's message. This is the Wishing Bird you were talking about, I believe."
"Yes, it is, Mother Nature," Papa Smurf said. "We humbly ask if you can smurf this bird somewhere that it can be protected from anyone else smurfing after it."
"Why, certainly, Papa Smurf," Mother Nature said. "I'll just deliver it to one of my special sanctuaries that nobody on Earth could ever reach. I trust that the Wishing Bird hasn't caused you any harm today."
"Well, as a matter of fact, Mother Nature...," Brainy began to say before Smurfette covered his mouth with her hand.
"There was no problem at all, Mother Nature," Smurfette said. "We were just smurfing our duty as Smurfs to care for all the creatures in this forest. Right, Smurfs?"
"RIGHT, SMURFETTE!!!" every other Smurf responded in unison.
Mother Nature laughed. "Well, I can smell that your Harvest Feast dinner is ready, and I will not keep you waiting any longer. You enjoy the rest of your day while I take good care of the Wishing Bird."
"BYE, MOTHER NATURE! BYE, WISHING BIRD!" the Smurfs said together as they watched Mother Nature and the Wishing Bird disappear in a swirl of autumn leaves.
Papa Smurf looked at Clumsy and noticed that he looked a bit sad. "What is wrong, my little Clumsy?" Papa Smurf asked.
"I was just wishing that the Wishing Bird could have stayed a bit longer with us, Papa Smurf, even with all the trouble it had caused," Clumsy answered. "I didn't even get to ask for my wish to smurf true."
"I know how you feel, Clumsy, but it's for the best that we had to smurf it up," Papa Smurf said consolingly. "It's nice to have a bird that can fulfill all your wishes, but it's better to appreciate the things you already have and be thankful for them, for those things will smurf away in time."
"Exactly what I was thinking, Papa Smurf," Brainy said. "And since this is the season to be thankful, I would like to smurf with all of you the contents of my latest book, The Many Things Brainy Smurf Is Thankful For," Brainy said, opening up his book and clearing his throat. "Ahem...the first thing that Brainy Smurf is thankful for is that..."
Brainy found himself hurled high over to the other end of the village, along with his book.
"Add another thing Brainy Smurf is thankful for...that this is the worst that the Smurfs can do to me," Brainy groaned after he landed on his head.

Empath's personal journal, supplemental.
This has been an eventful Harvest Feast Day for all the Smurfs. We had rescued a Wishing Bird from an evil sorcerer, and the Wishing Bird in turn allowed us to rescue ourselves from the sorcerer by sending him to Tartarus, where he will stay for an undefined period of time. We gave the Wishing Bird over to Mother Nature so that she could care for the creature and keep it safe, and Hefty's team had won the football game this year. All in all, we have been truly blessed that we have survived this day to end it with our annual feast that would honor Mother Nature for all the wondeful things she has given us this year.

At the dining commons in the early evening, all the Smurfs gathered around at the tables, sitting with their hands folded on the tables and waiting for Papa Smurf to give the annual blessing for the food that Greedy and his kitchen crew were just waiting to serve.
"Mother Nature, we as creatures in this forest humbly thank you for the wonderful bounty that you have smurfed for all of us, for nothing in the forest can survive without your provision, and we ask that you will continue to provide for us everything that we need to live in our everyday smurfy lives that will honor the gifts that you smurf upon us. And in this, so let it be."
"Excuse me while I smurf my blessing before we eat, Papa Smurf," Tapper interrupted. He stood up and prayed thus: "Oh, Father God the Almighty, in whom we live and move and smurf our being, may you bless the bounty that you have smurfed us and may it nourish our bodies as You seek to nourish our souls and spirits, and may we seek to honor You with our lives in the way that we smurf. In Your Son Jesus' name, I pray. Amen."
"Amen," Duncan, Empath, and Smurfette responded.
And soon the food was served, as every Smurf was given a plate full of Greedy's baked cornucopia, along with a serving of mashed potatoes, turnips, squash, corn, and cranberry sauce. Tapper helped Vino serve the drinks to every Smurf, whatever they desired, as much as they wanted.
"Mmmm...I love the Harvest Feast meal," Grouchy said as he ate with reckless abandon.
"Aye, you and me both there, laddie," Duncan said, his mouth full of food.
"Excuse me for a minute there, Smurfette," Empath said as he got up from his seat and went over to where the Smurflings were seated. "Uh, Sassette, about that kiss that I have smurfed some hours ago...well, this smurf wanted to say that, well..."
"It's okay, Empath, I understand," Sassette said. "I know that you're truly in love with Smurfette, and I'm fine with knowing what you smurfed with me really wasn't you at all. I just only wished it would be you, and things just smurfed out of hand."
"So there's no problems between us, Sassette," Empath said. "We're just good friends with each other, right?"
Sassette laughed. "Just smurf back to Smurfette, you big lover Smurf. I already have enough problems with the boy Smurflings. I'll be fine."
"Big lover Smurf?!?" the three boy Smurflings said together. "Ooooh...Sassette's in love with Empath! Sassette's in love with Empath! Sassette's in love with Empath!"
Smurfette noticed Empath had a smirk on his face when he returned to his seat next to hers. "Now what was that about?" Smurfette asked.
"This smurf can't help knowing that this smurf is the desire of two female Smurfs...one who is this smurf's age and one who is younger than this smurf," Empath said as he sat back down. "I mean, what is this smurf going to do with all this attention from the both of you?"
"Not that I approve of you ever smurfing after Sassette, but at least you should be thankful that we both care about you," Smurfette said.
"Well, at the very least, this smurf got to see the kind of Smurf that Sassette would grow up as, and this smurf thinks she would be a great Smurfette for one of her fellow Smurflings," Empath said.
"I think she would be great as well, Empath," Smurfette said. "But I just want to make one thing clear...no more smurfing after any other Smurfettes for you! You got that?"
Empath looked at Smurfette strangely. "You're really taking this smurf's fidelity towards you seriously, aren't you?"
"Uh-huh, and so should you," Smurfette said. "Now promise me you'll be serious about it."
"By the Great Ancestors, this smurf promises," Empath said solemnly.

THE END

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-21-2019 08:57 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It must be pretty gratifying to see the mighty and overbearing Lord Balthazar face to face with old Nick and his minions. [Mad]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4903 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-22-2019 04:43 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
In case anyone wants to read the original story this one is based on, here it is:

* The Smurfs And The Magic Bird

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2020 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.