Smurf at Last!   Smurf Advent Calendar 2018! Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » Important Announcement! I will be going away from bluebuddies for a while!
Author Topic: Important Announcement! I will be going away from bluebuddies for a while!
Ariel author of The Lost Smurfette
Smurf
Member # 5345

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted 08-16-2018 09:30 PM      Profile for Ariel author of The Lost Smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Yes it is true. I'm sorry to say this, but I am in a dire situation right now and I have to get all my senses about myself. My mom and I are going to be moving to a homeless shelter for a while until we get jobs and driving licenses. This doesn't mean that you need to be stressed out about me and whether or not I am doing OK. I just thought it would be more considerate of me to let you know why I am leaving.

With peace and love to all of you and your smurfs, this is Ariel, the Lost Smurfette, signing off...

-

--------------------
I may not always have the answer, but when I do, I stick with it!
My fanfic: http://bluebuddies.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/3803.html
Submit art for the story:
]http://bluebuddies.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/4000.html#000000

Posts: 957 | From: Lost and homeless in central Florida with my mom | Registered: Aug 2014
Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted 08-16-2018 10:28 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oh, no... You'll be very missed here, dear. We sincerely hope you and your mother shall overcome this hard moment. [Frown]
Please send us some news when you can.
Lots of hugs from all of us!

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4474 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

Smurf
Member # 5345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-17-2018 02:50 AM      Profile for Ariel author of The Lost Smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I will. Thanks, Squeaky... But for now, goodbye

--------------------

Posts: 957 | From: Lost and homeless in central Florida with my mom | Registered: Aug 2014
SnazzyPop
Smurfling
Member # 6136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-17-2018 10:01 AM      Profile for SnazzyPop       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi - I am new this forum, so forgive me if I am intruding. I'm a social worker. If you live in the US, here are some resources that might be helpful to you and your mother.
1) Contact your state vocational rehabilitation program, which will help locate & secure employment for you if either of you has a qualifying physical (can be from an injury, even carpal tunnel syndrome) or mental (including depression, anxiety) disability. They determine if you qualify so you don't need to worry about whether or not your particular situation counts.
2) Local Salvation Army chapter - besides often having stores, many offer job assistance to those in need. It's worth a try.
3) Goodwill thrift shops also often employ those in need. Plus, you may come across some super cool smurfs since thrift stores are a great place to look for low-cost smurfs!
4) Apply for a Section 8 housing voucher from your state (google it). This is a federal/state housing program. There is usually a long waiting list, but eventually you get a voucher and the gov't will pay for the majority of your rent as a way of assisting those with low-income. If either you or your mother is a veteran, you can go to the VA for a much quicker way to obtain a voucher. Actually, if either of you is a veteran, you can go to the VA and get a lot of assistance. Or, if either you or your mother was married to a now deceased veteran - you can get compensation if you are low-income.
5) If you google the churches in your area, some are likely to offer assistance to homeless/low-income people regardless of their faith. However, as they are a religious organization and not a government one, they may ask you for certain things in return, like to attend their services.
These are just the things off the top of my head. I can help more if I knew your situation better and where you live, but I understand if you don't want to reveal that. Best of luck to you.

SmurfyDash
Smurf
Member # 6416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-17-2018 10:11 AM      Profile for SmurfyDash       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Very sorry to hear about this. [Frown] Really hoping for the best for you and your mom Ariel.

--------------------
Smurfette, the truest smurf of all.

Smurf
Member # 5345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-30-2018 08:21 PM      Profile for Ariel author of The Lost Smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks for the support, you guys. And thanks, SnazzyPop for the references. Sadly, my situation has not improved... But, rather worsened... My mom, dad, and I are living in a hotel room with my small dog... Tonight, (actually, last night, since it's 12:10am right now.) my mom and I are spending the night at the house of the aunt and uncle who we were previously staying with over a month ago... My father has been nothing but vulgar and rude... But right now, he's the only help we have... But he isn't helping at all. He's been messaging me and my mom off the hook over the fact that we came to visit my aunt, uncle and cousins. He threw a fit about the fact that the dog had to be put in the bathroom with a blanket and pillow, some food and water, a pet facility pad, and a couple of toys to keep her occupied while we were gone... The reason why the dog was left like that is because we didn't expect to be spending the night at my aunt's house. But my father, the vulgar creature he is (I hate to say anything bad about him but I can't allow myself to remain unspoken about the situation my mom and I are in) cursed us out over it. I'm afraid to go back to that hotel room. But that's where we have to be for a while. Please keep me in your prayers and I will try to keep you posted on the situation

--------------------

Nicholas Chandra
Smurf
Member # 6468

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-31-2018 09:39 PM      Profile for Nicholas Chandra       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm truely sorry to hear that ariel. I wish we all could help you right now. And about your situation right now just keep go and be strong. We will pray and keep support for you. You also Can ask any advise from us too
Posts: 78 | From: Indonesia,sumatera utara, medan | Registered: Sep 2017
Flying smurf
Smurf
Member # 6670

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-02-2018 05:01 AM      Profile for Flying smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
We hope things will get better soon

--------------------
Little black riding hood

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-02-2018 08:54 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Please take good care... We're praying for you and yours.

--------------------

Smurf
Member # 5345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-02-2018 06:55 PM      Profile for Ariel author of The Lost Smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks, guys. I think it's about to get just a little bit better. My mom was finally able to put in an application to rent a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with a fireplace and everything for a really good price. I don't remember how good of a price, but I think she said something about it being less than $1,000USD so wish us luck with that. We'll have to figure out some cheap furniture for it. But I'm really hoping to get this house. I saw the pictures of it and it's beautiful!

--------------------

Smurf
Member # 5345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-09-2018 06:05 PM      Profile for Ariel author of The Lost Smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
So... Quick update on the homeless status thing, Smurfs...

We never did get that house... We've gone through a lot of conflict with my father at the hotel room, so one day, while he was at work, we left for a friend of my mom's who needed help with her little kids, (the house was a mess, to say the least) eventually, another friend of my mom's (whom I was much more familiar with) came to get us... We spent a few nights at the trailer that my dad is now staying in, then last night and tonight, we have been staying at a hotel room, just my mom and I... The room is like a scene from a horror movie and neither of us are comfortable in or out of the room. The lady that my mom contacted from the Salvation Army is going to pay for a few nights at a slightly better hotel than this one. But I'm still at odds with the situation. It feels like almost everybody has given up on us. Just when things are looking up for us, something happens and throws all of our progress overboard... I just hope things start getting better.

Really I just want to get into a permanent place so I can have my little dog back from my dad.

--------------------

Smurf
Member # 5345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-10-2018 05:27 AM      Profile for Ariel author of The Lost Smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Never mind... Salvation Army just backed out on us...

Nobody else cares about us.

--------------------

Nicholas Chandra
Smurf
Member # 6468

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-12-2018 11:29 PM      Profile for Nicholas Chandra       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Sorry to hear that ariel. I wish that you get better in this situation.
Posts: 78 | From: Indonesia,sumatera utara, medan | Registered: Sep 2017
Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted 10-13-2018 10:41 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel author of The Lost Smurfette:
Never mind... Salvation Army just backed out on us...

Nobody else cares about us.

I can't understand... Why didn't even Salvation Army volunteer to help you? [Frown]
Anyway, we all here are hoping heartily this situation shall have a happy ending. Take good care!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2018 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.