Smurf at Last!                         Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » James Cameron's live-action Smurfs movie (Page 1)
Author Topic: James Cameron's live-action Smurfs movie
Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-17-2014 08:24 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
You know you're thinking that "Avatar" is James Cameron's live-action take on the Smurfs but you're wrong! However, I would like to see a James Cameron version of the Smurfs! The Smurfs will probably look like this:

-

Well, not exactly but their clothes with look like fungi! They'll also look a bit similar to Peyo's original design!

There are two choices for what you want to see in this concept:

1. A entirely new and modern generation of Smurfs featuring a descendant of Smurfette called Smurfette III (because being called Smurfette doesn't mean you're the first female Smurf since Nanny Smurf, who is older than Smurfette, was the first female Smurf)

2. A modernized version of the original cast featuring a completely new origin for Smurfette that similar to how Jake Sully became full-fledged Na'vi(since the Japanese Spider-Man didn't involved a spider-bite and Michael Bay was originally thinking of making the TMNT aliens before sticking to the "mutant" concept I don't see anything wrong with Smurfette originally being human)

And that not all: I was also thinking of reintroducing Patrick and Grace Winslow as humans-turned-Smurfs and making some or all of the Smurfs teenagers (because I would like to see a teenage Smurfette and if all the Smurfs are teenagers, Papa Smurf will be a lot younger)!

Speaking of which, would one of you please take film clips from "The Smurfs" and "The Smurfs 2" and mash them up to one of the trailers to "Avatar" in order to make a fan-made trailer for a James Cameron-style Smurfs movie!

Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-17-2014 11:04 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Speaking of which, what do you think of this?
http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/movies-without-pity/avatar-the-original-smurf-movi/

Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-18-2014 09:44 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
You may think that Smurf design is creepy but a picture of a Insect-like Smurf is creepier!
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-19-2014 06:28 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It looks more like a mutant cross between Azrael and a Smurf.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-19-2014 10:00 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
In case you're not sure about the idea, here's my rough fan-written draft:
Click here to see my file!

And, yes, I believe that Vexy and Sassette are the same character!

Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-20-2014 12:10 AM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oh, and Mutant cross? I didn't say it will look exactly like that, I just said it'll look javascript: x(close) to it! It'll be kind of like a cross between this, Peyo's original designs and the recent live-action movie designs with a blue skin similar to the Na'vi! Also which idea above would you prefer and how would Empath, Polaris and the Psyches would fit into a James Cameron-style Smurfs movie?
Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-20-2014 12:44 AM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here are few "errors" with my rough draft:

1. Smurfette II is a old lady while Smurfette III is a teenager

2.The plot is too much like "Avatar" (in case you hate that)

Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-20-2014 01:12 AM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
One thing I did get though is the idea of using magical Smurf essences mixed with a piece of hair, a tear or anything else that contains human essence to create the "Smurfatars"! Smurf essence and human essence mixed together can create a Smurf body for a human being. My fan-made character, Sweet Smurf and my James Cameron-style Smurfette (who is Gargamel's biological daughter as a nod to the fact Gargamel created her) both have origin stories ivolving this!
Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-20-2014 09:37 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The idea of a "failed experiment" with Smurf essence and human essence might come in handy as an alternate origin for the Psyches. The James Cameron-style version will be a cross between the programs from "Tron" and the Avatars from "Avatar".
Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-20-2014 11:03 PM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I would totally watch that movie Sweet Smurf 2!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-21-2014 03:13 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
You would? You like the idea? That's so smurfy!
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-21-2014 07:09 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I love the idea of "Smurfatars"!

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-21-2014 09:13 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
You do?
Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-23-2014 07:21 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Update: In this version, James Gargameo (the J.C-style version of Gargamel) didn't lose his hair due to age but shaved it off. Also, just like "Avatar", the film will be a mixer of Science fiction (since Handy inventions will be more on the mordern, sci-fi side) and fantasy (to stay in touch with the original Smurfs)
Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-23-2014 07:24 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oops, I mean "modern"
Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-24-2014 11:10 AM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm also casting the teenage Smurfette to be played by the Bluebuddies user also known as Smurfette if she happened to be a teenager as well as a girl (since it's pretty obvious since a boy wouldn't use Smurfette as her screen name) and me as Sweet Smurf.
Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-25-2014 01:48 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Another inspirational story idea (which also involves a teenage girl getting turned into Smurfette) can be found here:

http://www.rotatingcorpse.com/film_stills/the-smurfs-movie-%e2%80%93-imagined-by-mike/7731.html

The idea that Smurfette's transformation was done by Gargamel is one of the thing my current working script has in common with the idea above (except Smurfette's human name is Debbie while in the script, her human name is Britney Gargameo)

Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-25-2014 02:32 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
My story is a bit better since Britney/Smurfette stays a Smurf instead of turning back into human form and Papa Smurf doesn't create a new Smurfette to replace her. Beside, "Avatar" go the right idea (Jake Sully becomes a Na'vi and stays that way)!
Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-26-2014 01:07 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Update: The new design will have the kitten/cat-like face, tiny tail and body shape of the realistic Smurf above, the clothes of the Sony's recent live-action designs, the five-fingered hands of Peyo's early designs and the blue-skin of a Na'vi.
Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-26-2014 08:12 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Update: The way I see it, Smurf years are the same as human years (1 human year = 1 Smurf year) and the long life stone works similar to the anti-aging spell in Disney's "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". This explains why Papa Smurf doesn't look 542/546! So the Smurf will not be referred to as being a hundred-years-old but by their age in human years.
Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-27-2014 12:02 AM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Handy tips for script writing:

1. If you're thinking of adding yourself as a character, don't use first person words to refer to yourself except in your dialogue. Write it like it was written by someone other than you

2. Take some inspiration to help

Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-27-2014 01:01 AM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's a new song I'm thinking of adding to the film's soundtrack called "Smurfed"! It is the Smurf version of "Shell Shocked" from the new TMNT film!

Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-27-2014 01:41 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Update: My fanon character, Sweet Smurf, will be based on me. He'll be the same age, has the same name in human form (Liam Malpas) and his Smurf name is my Smurf nickname. Also, the height of a Smurf is changed to about 15 inches high since I don't know the height of an apple.
Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-27-2014 04:54 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Update: Instead of being bald (as I mentioned earlier), James Gargameo appearance will be based on Gargamel in the video "Gargamel's Revenge" (being a younger but still evil version of Gargamel) and Balthazar will appear but not as James' godfather but as his brother. Vexy and Hackus will also appear as Project: Smurfatar recruits and Vexy's character will be modified to be more based on Sassette beside being Smurfette's sister, seeing Gargamel as her father, being a tomboy and being referred to as "sassy" (leading to possibly changing her name to "Sassette" later on) and Hackus dumbness will be lowered a bit. Also, Johan will appear as Patrick's brother and Peewit as a 5-year-old boy.
Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-28-2014 01:10 AM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Update: The film will introduce a new kind of magic known as "blue magic"! It can come from Smurf essence (but not all the time) and can either be permanent or last for a long time period before wearing off. For example, the spell James used to turned Britney and my character is permanent and there is no counter-spell.
Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2018 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.