Smurf at Last!                                                                  #BLUE LIVES MATTER
home | | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » The Legend of Smurfy Hollow (Page 2)
Author Topic: The Legend of Smurfy Hollow
Clumsy 1991
Smurf
Member # 4126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-10-2013 12:23 AM      Profile for Clumsy 1991       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply

An Interview Video with Stephan Franck

Buy The Smurfs: The Legend of Smurfy Hollow - HERE

--------------------
Clumsy: "Hehe Golly! I couldn't have done it better myself!" - Karate Clumsy (Season 9)

BlueTiger10
Super Smurfette / Reporter Smurfette
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-10-2013 04:56 AM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Golly!

--------------------
http://www.Twitter.com/HubermanProject

Posts: 947 | From: City Island, Bronx, NY USA | Registered: Nov 2010
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-10-2013 07:59 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The Legend of Smurfy Hollow DVD Available September 10, 2013
The Legend of Smurfy Hollow DVD Available September 10, 2013

[Big Grin]

Yippie! The DVD comes out today! I can't wait to watch it. And thanks for the great interview with the director!

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-10-2013 01:45 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
And if you saw in the interview, there in the film footage, you can see Vexy and Hackus in the background of the 2D animation portion of the film.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-10-2013 04:14 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm totally smurfed off because my order from Wal-Mart was delivered today by incompetents from FedEx who didn't even bother knocking on my door or leaving a message, so now I have to order it again from Amazon. Certainly NOT going to use Wal-Mart online again for anything.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-10-2013 05:47 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -
Smurfs get spooked in 'The Legend of Smurfy Hollow' -- EXCLUSIVE

It’s so scary, they just might blue themselves.

Two months after their second feature film debuted, everyone’s favorite cerulean creatures are back in a Halloween-ready new adventure. The Smurfs: The Legend of Smurfy Hollow is a 22-minute “mini-movie” that combines CGI with traditional animation and follows the blue dudes as they face a new foe: the infamous Headless Horseman. Voice actors from The Smurfs 2, including Alan Cumming, Hank Azaria, and Fred Armisen, are on hand as well, reprising their roles from the film.

Get a glimpse of the sitcom-size short below:

The Legend of Smurfy Hollow is out today on DVD.

source: family-room ew

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-11-2013 01:46 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueTiger10:
And if you saw in the interview, there in the film footage, you can see Vexy and Hackus in the background of the 2D animation portion of the film.

I saw that too - sooo excited! Vexy and Hackus look cute in 2D cartoon form.

-

Here's a closer look!

-

[Big Grin]

--------------------

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-11-2013 03:40 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Gosh! Thanks for the response, Sassette.
I'll try to find this film. Take care!
And post more screengrabs while you can, everysmurf!

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-11-2013 04:37 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I did get the video a day later from Wal-Mart, and I enjoyed watching it. But man, it sure doesn't take long to get through it, just like A Christmas Carol. I'm glad that Hank Azaria as Gargamel has more lines to say here than he did in A Christmas Carol, because it sure made his animated Gargamel uniquely interesting to watch. Also glad to see that Gutsy is a main character in this story. And BTW, there's a male version of Biquette chewing away on the fruit in Vanity's cornucopia hat.

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-11-2013 06:27 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by VicGeorge2010:
I'm glad that Hank Azaria as Gargamel has more lines to say here than he did in A Christmas Carol, because it sure made his animated Gargamel uniquely interesting to watch.

Speaking of Hank Azaria.... Here's a quote from him on September 8, 2013 - just a couple of days before the release of Legend of Smurfy Hollow.

"It’s a lot easier being just a voice than getting in all that makeup. Gargamel returns in The Smurfs: The Legend of Smurfy Hollow."

[Gargamel]

Glad your video finally arrived, Vic!

--------------------

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-12-2013 08:51 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Great pictures Sassette!!! and info BlueTiger!! Sounds like an exciting video Vic!!! Thanks for the mini review

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-12-2013 01:31 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
A bit of trivia: In A Christmas Carol, Gargamel was drawn with four fingers on his hands. The Legend Of Smurfy Hollow has Gargamel with five fingers again.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-12-2013 03:29 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Another bit of trivia: In The Smurfs And The Magic Flute, Hefty is able to break a table with a single hand chop. Here Brainy tries to apply the same principle to breaking the bars of his cage, only for it to backfire and hit himself in the face.

--------------------

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-16-2013 05:25 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The Legend of Smurfy Hollow will be airing on ABC Family part of the "13 Days of Halloween" Oct. 19-31, 2013

Here's the listing:

Night Nine – Sunday, October 27th

That Grinch doesn’t like any holiday in the ABC Family premiere of “Dr. Seuss’ Halloween is Grinch Night” at 7:00 -7:30 AM ET/PT. Join Gutsy Smurf on a trip to spooky Smurfy Hollow in the ABC Family premiere of “The Smurfs: The Legend of Smurfy Hollow” (7:30 – 8:00 AM ET/PT). Then grab the Scooby snacks for back to back airings of “Scooby Doo” (8:00 – 10:00 AM ET/PT) and “Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed” (10:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET/PT). Trick-or-Treat at “Monster House” (12:00 – 2:00 PM ET/PT) if you dare, then visit with the most charming and magical “Matilda” (2:00 – 4:00 PM ET/PT). Spend some more time with the kookiest, ookiest family on the block in “The Addams Family” (4:00 – 6:00 PM ET/PT) and “Addams Family Values” (6:00 – 8:00 PM ET/PT). Don’t drink these witches’ brew as the Sanderson sisters wreak havoc in “Hocus Pocus” (8:00- 10:00 PM ET/PT)! Then it’s another chance to uncover the mysteries in Rosewood in the “Pretty Little Liars” (10:00 – 11:00 PM ET/PT) Halloween special and the premiere episode of “Ravenswood” (11:00 PM – 12:00 AM ET/PT).

--------------------

Linkin Smurf
Smurf
Member # 4917

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-17-2013 04:31 AM      Profile for Linkin Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Well, I think in Canada for me, it airs on Either YTV or Teletoon... so that's a good time for Halloween...

--------------------
My Smurf Nickname: Wacky Smurf

My Deviantart: http://thatonesmurfx103-9.deviantart.com/

My Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~thatonesmurfx1039

Posts: 392 | From: Smurf Village in Toronto | Registered: Jul 2013
Richrod Smurf
Smurf
Member # 5003

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-19-2013 12:39 AM      Profile for Richrod Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It may be wishful thinking, but I would like to see Sony or whoever currently owns the animation rights to the Smurfs bring the guys back to first-run TV... in 2D, not CGI. But I'm afraid that has as a smurf of a chance as convincing Katy Perry to take on Smurfette's role for such a new show.

Like Papa with the worry warts, "Oh, worry worry worry." [Smile]

The Hanna-Barbera series remains the standard. And after all these years I still can't believe H-B really did the series, and so well, given its derisive reputation.

--------------------
Vexy is still my favorite Smurf. Tomboys need love, too. :)
Facebook: Newport Muse
On DeviantArt: newportmuse.deviantart.com

Posts: 338 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii | Registered: Sep 2013
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-20-2013 12:01 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Spot the Differences Game!

-
 -

--------------------

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-23-2013 06:38 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I love spot the difference!! Thanks Sassette!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Photographer Smurf
Smurf
Member # 4999

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-28-2013 08:01 PM      Profile for Photographer Smurf  Photographer Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Just recently got my hands on this DVD. Great stuff! Nice to see the little guys (and gals) back in 2D form after all these years. And I agree with Richrod's sentiment: depending on how successful this short is, could it be the gateway to a new series? To be honest it ought to be.

--------------------
"Oooooh, Gooogle."

Richrod Smurf
Smurf
Member # 5003

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-29-2013 12:40 AM      Profile for Richrod Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Photographer Smurf:
Just recently got my hands on this DVD. Great stuff! Nice to see the little guys (and gals) back in 2D form after all these years. And I agree with Richrod's sentiment: depending on how successful this short is, could it be the gateway to a new series? To be honest it ought to be.

I believe Sony has locked all the animation rights through their movie trilogy deal, though the dismal performance of "Smurfs 2" makes a third film less likely.

Back in the late 90's Sony co-produced "Dragon Tales" with the creators of "Sesame Street" as an educational series for public television. Universal Studios has also gone the PBS route with the "Curious George" series. Both cartoons enjoyed long runs without the pressure of commercial advertisers or ratings.

Should a new Smurf series be considered, and since Sony has lots of experience with public TV, I personally believe PBS Kids would be the best route, with educational themes woven throughout the storylines just as Hanna-Barbera did with the original series. The surprisingly sensitive way they dealt with death in the episode about Smurfette's pet mouse Squeaky still gets me teared up after all these years.

(What that would also means is that kids would be able to watch such a new series in the classroom and get away with it.) [Wink]

Photographer Smurf
Smurf
Member # 4999

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-29-2013 06:58 AM      Profile for Photographer Smurf  Photographer Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
"Stick to ways you're familiar with," in the words of a certain 1940s movie pirate. Sounds like Sony should leverage their edutainment experience then. Never having watched PBS Kids, I'm not sure how complex the content would be, but hopefully not as dumbed down as Sesame Street was. I have to admit that my childhood memories of that show were soured by how I felt I was being talked down to.

--------------------
"Oooooh, Gooogle."

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-29-2013 04:06 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
To be fair, "A Hug For Grouchy" was a terrible episode for teaching any kind of moral, with the Smurfs stalking after Grouchy in order to give him a hug that he doesn't want, and what's worse is that Papa Smurf even permits it!

--------------------

Richrod Smurf
Smurf
Member # 5003

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-29-2013 05:27 PM      Profile for Richrod Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by VicGeorge2010:
To be fair, "A Hug For Grouchy" was a terrible episode for teaching any kind of moral, with the Smurfs stalking after Grouchy in order to give him a hug that he doesn't want, and what's worse is that Papa Smurf even permits it!

I agree, Vic. Some of the Hanna-Barbera episodes, while well-intentioned, were real stinkers in E/I content. Among them:

"Brainy Smurf, Friend to All the Animals"--Brainy tries to copycat little Nat Smurfling in being kind to the little forest animals like Nat is, but all the critters are rightfully skeptical and run away when they see him coming. An attempt at kindness to animals that just didn't work.

"The Smurf That Couldn't Say No"--the one that introduced Pushover Smurf. By the story's end, Pushover becomes assertive and self-confident to the point of irritation, yelling "NO!!!" at everysmurf in the village, even those who never exploited him.

"Smarty Smurfs"--from the final season, where the time-traveling Smurfs land in Hawaii and Brainy makes our friends play in a game show that almost gets them killed in an active volcano. Uhhh, yeah.

The animation landscape has changed significantly from the 80's, when Hanna-Barbera dominated the TV landscape because of its sheer size and manpower. Any attempt by Sony or anyone else to reboot the Smurfs via PBS Kids wouldn't necessarily be animated junk.

IMO some of the best new animated shows on TV are on PBS. It may be a matter of taste or my upbringing, but the toons deliberately created with an educational bent such as on PBS Kids, Nick Jr. and Disney Junior are among the best written and very thoughtfully animated for their intended audience. The pace may be slower and gentler (translation: BOH-ring!) in comparison to the faster-paced, more risque content on the other networks, but it's a very welcome and refreshing change of atmosphere.

And who knows... somebody from Sony Pictures Animation may be perusing these boards behind our smurfs. [Wink]

--------------------
Vexy is still my favorite Smurf. Tomboys need love, too. :)
Facebook: Newport Muse
On DeviantArt: newportmuse.deviantart.com

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-20-2013 01:04 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
We're celebrating the release of "The Legend of Smurfy Hollow" and Smurf alerts are going off all over the place! How Smurfin' cute are these Smurf fans?!

-

--------------------

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-20-2013 01:11 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

-

-

-

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

WE HAVE MANY MORE PICTURES OF SMURFS THAN JUST THIS!
If you're looking for pictures of Smurfs, then what you see above is just the beginning of what we have to offer! BlueBuddies.com has thousands of Smurf pics and thousands of smurfy items of interest. To check out the whole gallery visit our main page - click here!
Sign-up for the Smurfs BBS and get a smurfy avatar like this beside your name - click here!
Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2020 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.