Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie         ADVENT            Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » List of 2014 Smurf Books
Author Topic: List of 2014 Smurf Books
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-23-2013 06:39 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
List of 2014 SMURF BOOKS

The Smurfs & the Magic Egg
Welcome, Baby Smurf
Sky-High Smurf

PAPERCUTZ GRAPHIC NOVELS
The Smurfs #17 - The Strange Awakening of Lazy Smurf
The Smurfs #18 - The Finance Smurf
Smurfette Forever

ANNUALS
The Smurfs 2 Annual 2014

BOX SETS
The Smurfs Mini Library (5 Board Books)
The Smurfs Graphic Novels: Vol. #13-15

ANTHOLOGIES
The Smurfs Anthology #3

PHIDAL BOOKS
The Smurfs Stuck on Stories

[Sassette Smurfling]

Here is the 2013 SMURF BOOKS List

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-23-2013 06:41 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The Smurfs and the Magic Egg Book
The Smurfs and the Magic Egg

Release Date: Jan 21, 2014

--------------------

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-23-2013 06:51 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
"Welcome, Baby Smurf" & "Sky-High Smurf" will be released on Jan 7, 2014.

Sky-High Smurf
Sky-High Smurf

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-20-2013 11:10 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The Smurfs 2 Annual 2014
The Smurfs 2 Annual 2014

The 2014 Smurfs 2 Annual is a hardcover book by the publisher, Pedigree Books Ltd. It'll be released on September 17, 2013. The book cover shows Smurfette beside the Eiffel Tower with the caption, "Oh My Smurf". The annual even comes with a free Papa Smurf Mask inside!

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-20-2013 11:19 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The Strange Awakening of Lazy Smurf
Papercutz Graphic Novel #17:
The Strange Awakening of Lazy Smurf

Release Date: March 25, 2014

The Smurfs Graphic Novels (Book 17)
"The Strange Awakening of Lazy Smurf"

Lazy Smurf loves to nap, but this is ridiculous! When he wakes up one day after an especially refreshing rest, Lazy discovers that 100 years have gone by and the whole Village has changed—and not for the better. With all these elderly Smurfs hobbling around, no one is young enough to do the chores except Lazy himself, and work is not his strong suit. But something isn't quite right, and once Lazy discovers the truth behind this caper, disaster—and Gargamel—isn't far behind!

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-20-2013 06:03 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I wonder if this is a delaying tactic for Papercutz releasing "The Finance Smurf" next summer.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-26-2013 09:10 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's a cute set of Smurf Board Books coming out January 7, 2014. It comes as a box set of five little books - each book measures 3.5 x 3.5 inches.

The Smurfs Mini Library

Release Date: January 7, 2014

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-26-2013 09:21 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
And the next box set of Smurf Graphic Novels #13-15 will be released on Feb 4, 2014. This set has a green cover with Brainy Smurf about to get a thump from another Smurf with a mallet!

The Smurfs Graphic Novels Boxed Set: Vol. #13-15
The Smurfs Graphic Novels Boxed Set: Vol. #13-15

Release Date: February 4, 2014

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-22-2013 03:28 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The Finance Smurf
Papercutz Graphic Novel #18:
The Finance Smurf

Release Date: July 1, 2014

The Smurfs Graphic Novels (Book 18)
"The Finance Smurf"

When Papa Smurf is hurt in a lab accident he sends a smurf to the good wizard Homnibus for help. Although Homnibus has a cure, he needs to buy some seeds he’s missing for the recipe. Fascinated by this exchange of commerce among the humans, the smurf returns to Smurf Village as Finance Smurf! After teaching his fellow smurfs how to buy things with money, some smurfs get rich while others don’t, and things quickly tumble into disarray. Will the smurfs find a way back to the peaceful way things used to be?

[Happy Smurf]

Thanks for sharing the news, VicGeorge!

BTW - You can read the fan adaptation of The Finance Smurf by VicGeorge HERE.

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-22-2013 03:40 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's the cover art for "Welcome, Baby Smurf" (the artwork is not yet finalized and may still change before the release date).

Welcome, Baby Smurf!
Welcome, Baby Smurf!

Release Date: January 7, 2014

"Welcome, Baby Smurf!"

Everyone loves Baby Smurf, but where did he come from? This 8x8 storybook tells the story of the most adorable Smurf of them all.

The Smurfs had never seen a baby before the day a stork showed up at Smurf Village and dropped off Baby Smurf! Smurfette and the others learned how to take care of him and quickly came to love the new baby. But then the stork returned to the village a few days later with a note saying that Baby Smurf was supposed to be delivered to another home! Find out how Baby Smurf became a permanent addition to the Smurf family in this delightful storybook.

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-28-2013 05:21 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
And the 3rd Smurfs Anthology by Papercutz will be released on August 26, 2014. It is a hardcover book featuring Astrosmurf on the cover.

The Smurfs Anthology #3
The Smurfs Anthology #3

Release Date: August 26, 2014

One of Peyo's most iconic smurfs, the Astrosmurf, gets the deluxe ANTHOLOGY treatment. Fifty years ago, mankind set off into outer space. Now, a smurf sets foot on another planet . . . or does he? Could it possibly be a smurfspiracy to fool Dreamy Smurf into becoming the Astrosmurf? Or has Dreamy Smurf gone where no Smurf has gone before?

Also featuring “The Smurfs and the Howlibird” and “The Cursed Land,” a Johan and Peewit story appearing here in a U.S. edition for the first time!

The Smurfs have delighted us all with their silliness, bravery, heroism, and heart for over 50 years, and now we finally have a definitive collection of Peyo’s original comics to see where it all began.

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-28-2013 05:31 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Release dates for the Smurf Books coming out in the new year...

January 7, 2014:
* Sky-High Smurf
* Welcome, Baby Smurf!
* Smurfs Mini Library

January 21, 2014:
* The Smurfs and the Magic Egg

February 4, 2014:
* The Smurfs Graphic Novels Boxed Set: Vol. #13-15

March 25, 2014:
* The Smurfs #17: The Strange Awakening of Lazy Smurf

July 1, 2014:
* The Smurfs #18: The Finance Smurf

August 26, 2014:
* The Smurfs Anthology #3

November 18, 2014:
* Smurfette Forever

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-07-2014 04:28 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Speaking of Smurf books, I just got The Smurfs Anthology Volume 2 today, and I was surprised to find Matt Murray using the title "Crisis On Infinite Smurfs" for one of his essays in the volume, which really cracked me up. (Read DC Comics much, Matt?) I also like the Johan and Peewit bonus story that was added to the anthology, "The War Of The Seven Springs", which I then followed up with watching the episode "The Haunted Castle" (its animated adaptation). Didn't know that Aldebert, the ghost of the castle, was originally a drunkard who wanted his springs to produce wine instead of water...one of the wonderful things that we would never know about from the cartoons because of the Moral Guardians to make sure American children don't "follow a bad example", you know.

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Richrod Smurf
Smurf
Member # 5003

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-08-2014 12:37 PM      Profile for Richrod Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I've never paid too much attention to the endless arguments about the different universes of the Smurfs, DC Comics, Marvel or other characters because in reality they change, merge or clash all the time. And outside certain hardcore elements of fandom, nobody really cares--as long as it's a great story, it doesn't matter.

To use modern fandom parlance, Superman was dropped into a new universe by legendary animator Max Fleischer for his classic cartoon series (1941-1944) just three years after the Man of Steel made his debut in Action Comics (1938). I've lost track of how many times Superman and Batman have been rebooted by Warner Bros. Animation since "Batman: The Animated Series" debuted in 1992. Sony rebooted "Spider-Man" ten years after the original film trilogy, and I still don't get it other than they need the money. [Wink]

When Hanna-Barbera had Batman on "Superfriends" back in 1977, rival studio Filmation was animating him at the same time with "The New Adventures of Batman" with Robin and Bat-Mite. As a seven-year-old, I knew they were two different shows from two different studios, but I didn't mind. I just pretended the Filmation series were of Batman's adventures back in Gotham City when he wasn't hanging out at the Hall of Justice. [Smile]

What fandom calls universes, I call settings. And it always changes depending on the medium, writers and intended audience. That is why I am totally comfortable intermixing the Smurf characters from the TV, film and comic book series and using the TV series as a base. And besides, quite a few fans love seeing Vexy with all the Smurflings! [Sassette Smurfling]

--------------------
Vexy is still my favorite Smurf. Tomboys need love, too. :)
Facebook: Newport Muse
On DeviantArt: newportmuse.deviantart.com

Posts: 338 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii | Registered: Sep 2013
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-08-2014 09:05 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Yeah, I can understand that thinking. That's why the Empath series originally was started off as mostly based on the cartoon show with some stories and characters from the comic books, as the two media universes at the time seemed interchangeable with each other. Nowadays it's a patchwork fic combining characters from the cartoon show, the comic books, the films, and the PVC toy line together into one setting.

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-26-2014 08:25 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Forever Smurfette
Papercutz Graphic Novel:
Forever Smurfette

Release Date: November 18, 2014

[Smurfette]

The Smurfs Graphic Novels
"Forever Smurfette"

A whole book of graphic novel stories about the blue bombshell, Smurfette!

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-27-2014 12:07 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
No "The Jewel Smurfer" until 2015?

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-01-2014 08:57 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I get the feeling that Papercutz may be using that as an opportunity to print Smurf comic book stories that only appeared in the Schtroumpf magazine but never in any official book collection. But still, I don't like that Papercutz may be publishing only two graphic novels a year with a collection like Forever Smurfette near the end of it.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.