Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie            Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | SMURF STORIES | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » Global Smurfs Day 2013!!! (Page 2)
Author Topic: Global Smurfs Day 2013!!!
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-23-2013 11:36 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
In Los Angeles, Neil Patrick Harris, star of The Smurfs 2, was on hand at The Grove as families enjoyed the day with appearances by the Smurfs, played the Ubisoft video game, sampled Menchie's Smurfberry frozen yogurt, checked out the environmentally friendly, 100% electric Smurf-ified DASH cars, and participated in other fun activities.

In addition, the U.S. Forest Service and Ad Council's Discover the Forest campaign was on hand to distribute activity booklets and encourage children and their families to get outside and experience the many benefits of nature. In the evening, families caught the first Smurfs film at an evening outdoor screening.

-
Neil Patrick Harris attended The Global Smurfs Day Event at "The Grove" in LA, California

-
Neil Patrick Harris Celebrates Global Smurfs Day 2013

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-23-2013 11:39 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Global Smurfs Day at Surfers Paradise in Australia! It was a blue paradise when Surfers Paradise was named "Smurfers Paradise" on June 22, 2013 for a Smurf-tastic day of family fun.

The celebrations started at 10am. Some of the smurfy activities included face painting, blue cupcake making, colouring activities, a sausage sizzle and lots of giveaways - including the opportunity to win a custom themed The Smurfs 2 Surfboard or "Smurfboard".

There were also lots of special appearances. In addition to Gold Coast Mayor - Tom Tate, the legendary Aussie surfer Mark "Occy" Occhilupo was there to meet and greet Smurf Fans on one of the world's most famous beaches. "When I was asked to get involved, I didn't hesitate because my kids love the Smurfs," said Occy. Even the Gold Coast Rugby League Club, the Titans came to join the fun.

-
Smurfers Paradise in Australia

-  -
Surfer Mark Occhilupo with Smurfs Surfboard

-  -
Aussie Smurfs

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-23-2013 11:39 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply

--------------------

Clumsy 1991
Smurf
Member # 4126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-24-2013 02:15 AM      Profile for Clumsy 1991       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
@Sassette: Thanks for your kind complement on my picture.
And besides, here are some more pictures of the event in Westfield London!

-
A Picture of me next to Smurfette

-
I was trying out to keep the saucer plate balanced... Woah! (by the way, whoops! I forgot to cover the rest of my entire head in blue! [Razz] )

-
Here he is, the host of London's Magic 105.4 radio station; Jamie Edwards.... in blue!

-
I am now standing next to a lego model of a smurf!

-
I was standing next to Papa Smurf, along with a new friend

-
"How about a handshake my true blue fellow?"

-
How do I look for a smurfy pose?

-
Magic 105.4's Jamie Edwards, Right Said Fred and the Smurfs on stage!

-
These are the goodies I had won from a Q&A game hosted by Jamie Edwards! Smurfy eh?

And plus, here's two more!

-

-

And that's all for these pictures, hope you'll enjoy looking at them!

And keep it smurfy!
Daniel (Clumsy_1991)

--------------------
Clumsy: "Hehe Golly! I couldn't have done it better myself!" - Karate Clumsy (Season 9)

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-24-2013 06:32 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
SMURFAROO SMURFAROO SMURFAROO!!!!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I love your coverage of the Smurfs at Westfield!! Such great pictures! Your smurf goodies are wonderful - I wonder which "surprise" mega blok smurfs you'll get?

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

[Sassette Smurfling]

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted 06-25-2013 10:10 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I second Sassette, Daniel: how smurfy to see you had such a wonderful time there! The Lego Smurf looks perfect and the meeting with a Smurfellow is so nice! Thanks a smurf for sharing all those delightful pictures. [Big Grin]

And as I had commented before, here we are:

-

The Smurfs invaded the Sugar Loaf! Don't forget to check!

GLOBAL SMURFS DAY - 25 JUNE 2013

Sony Pictures invites you and your family to celebrate this special day with lots of fun.

25.06.2013 - 8:30 am to 8 pm

SUGAR LOAF CABLE CAR

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4945 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted 06-25-2013 10:53 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
From a blog report:

"Global Smurfs Day in Brazil

On June 25 it's celebrated the Smurfs Global Day being the anniversary of Pierre Culliford, known as Peyo, the creator of the Smurfs. Fans around the world celebrated the date with special actions. In Brazil for example, the first 2000 visitors in Sugar Loaf, Rio, have not paid any tickets and could participate in various recreational activities for children and adults, all commanded by the adorable blue creatures."

-

Papa greets everybody! [Smile]

-

Children at smurfy work. [Razz]

-

Brainy with a family of the Smurfs' friends! [Cool]

-

People from Rio and tourists together having much smurfy fun. [Big Grin]

More pictures tomorrow... [Wink]

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted 06-26-2013 11:05 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

-

The Smurfs greet their friends!

-

-

Smurfy Hello!

-

"May I be your boyfriend, Smurfette?"
The Smurfs: "No way!!"
[Big Grin]

Wait for more... [Wink]

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted 06-27-2013 12:07 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

-

-

(Is Grouchy who's in a tree?) [Big Grin]

-

-

More smurfy activity! [Sassette Smurfling]

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 06-27-2013 12:27 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

-

Smurf loves his little friends! [Happy Smurf]

-

"Your dress is so lovely, Smurfette!
"Thank you, and you look very smurfy!"
[Smurfette]

-

Welcome! I have a surprise for you! [Big Grin]

-

"We ROCK!" [Wild Smurf]

-

Who's your Papa? [Smile]

-

Even the cable car was smurfied!! [Wink]

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted 06-27-2013 12:47 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

My version. [Wink]

--------------------

Carnation
dogboo22 / Brunette / Greedette / President Smurfette / Summer Smurfette
Member # 4086

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-28-2013 01:56 PM      Profile for Carnation       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Haha these pictures are SMURFTASTIC!

--------------------
With a good attitude no one can bring you down - Carnation

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-28-2013 03:44 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks a smurf, Greedette!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-29-2013 09:43 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
SMURFAROO, Squeaky!!!! I LOVE the smurfy photos you have shared from Brazil... THANKS A SMURF! And your version of a Smurf SugarLoaf Mountain is my absolute favorite!!!!!!!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-20-2013 09:18 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply

Smurfs 2 Global Smurfsday Flashmob in Paris

Check out more... Britney Spears' Ooh La La song!

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-20-2013 09:27 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
So that was the official Smurfs 2 Global Smurfs Day Flash Mob - but here is another fun version! I love watching the Smurf dancing at the front... makes me smile!!!

Britney Spears "Ooh La La" Flash Mob in Paris

--------------------

Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-12-2014 09:36 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Amazing. It also happens that the 2013 "Global Smurfs Day" Smurfs share the same mold as the unpainted UNICEF 50th anniversary! According to a picture I found, they are literally 3-apples-tall!
Zackmak
Smurf
Member # 4959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-16-2020 08:37 AM      Profile for Zackmak       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi

I have a great time going back and looking at all the things that took place within the Smurfs universe, and I recently started reading up on the Unicef/50th Anniversary event of 2008, and it's white 8" paintable figures. They used that same figure in 2013 (but factory-painted to look like a normal smurf) for their Global Smurfs Day events around the world.

I'm wondering how these 2013 Smurf figures were distributed to the public? I know the marketing team set up 'scenes' where they placed these figures at key points within the participating cities, and from my guess, they were not to be removed by the public. This would be different from how they distributed the Unicef Smurfs, where the whole idea was for people to find these figures and take them home and paint them. Thus, they were free if you were lucky to find them. Or, they were also available for sale at 10 euro dollars.

So, with these 2013 figures, were only a select amount available to people? Were they given away as a 'first come, first serve' basis if you showed up to the event? Were they given out as free promotional material or prizes? Could you buy them from some store, nonetheless, if you wanted more, or didn't get a free one (just like the Unicef version)?

Hopefully someone has the answer. I notice since 2013, there have been many other colours of these exact figures (Gold, Silver, Bronze - both shiny and dull -; yellow, red, black, etc.) Would you happen to know what year each one was distributed and how? I believe they were all part of Global Smurfs Day, but only 2011 and 2013 were very large parties with huge promotion... the other years I haven't read anywhere that they did a very big thing for them, internationally. So if they were small events (or no event at all - and just a date on the calendar that people recognized in June every year), how were these other coloured 8" figures distributed? By online orders from an official Smurfs site?

I know many know that answers, but I can't find any online reports that touch on my specific questions, unfortunately.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

WE HAVE MANY MORE PICTURES OF SMURFS THAN JUST THIS!
If you're looking for pictures of Smurfs, then what you see above is just the beginning of what we have to offer! BlueBuddies.com has thousands of Smurf pics and thousands of smurfy items of interest. To check out the whole gallery visit our main page - click here!
Sign-up for the Smurfs BBS and get a smurfy avatar like this beside your name - click here!
Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2020 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.