Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie                     Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » Smurfette Passes Away
Author Topic: Smurfette Passes Away
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-10-2012 02:22 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Lucille Bliss, the voice of Smurfette from the cartoon show, has passed away. This is NOT a hoax.
Link to Wikipedia article

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-10-2012 05:25 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It looks like someone edited it out of the article because there is nothing in there mentioning her death. You sure it's not a hoax? Wikipedia is not a reliable source for information since anyone can tweak it.
Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-10-2012 05:55 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Uuuhhh, I hate this. I get the feeling that it is.

Grouchy: "I hate hoaxes".

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Rocker Smurf
Smurf
Member # 3178

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-11-2012 01:42 PM      Profile for Rocker Smurf  Rocker Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's a more reputable source to the news:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/cartoon-culture/lucille-bliss-1916-2012-731 44.html

It's definitely sad news. Lucille Bliss will be missed but always remembered by animation fans everywhere. I wonder if they will dedicate The Smurfs 2 in her memory, especially since Smurfette plays a big part in it.

--------------------
Smurf yourself a smile and have a smurfy day!

Posts: 217 | From: Smurfy old England | Registered: Apr 2010
Tabby Smurf
MrsHandySmurf
Member # 3715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-11-2012 02:44 PM      Profile for Tabby Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oh no!!! This is terrible!!!

--------------------
Swag is for Boys, Class is for Ninja!!!

Posts: 619 | From: Handy Smurf/ MrsHandySmurf mushroom, Smurf Village | Registered: Jul 2011
Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-11-2012 07:18 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Looks like it IS true. That article names someone that I'm friends with and he mentions on his Facebook that she did indeed pass away. [Frown]
Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted 11-11-2012 09:13 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4900 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-15-2012 04:21 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Link to obituary in L.A. Times

--------------------

Amy Sue Smurfette
Nurturer Smurf / The Odd Smurf
Member # 4050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-15-2012 03:20 PM      Profile for Amy Sue Smurfette   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
i for one am happy for her. our world can be a fun, exciting place, but it also can be mean and harsh, lonely and full of strife. she is in a much better place now, i hope.

--------------------
we're all someone's little fangirl.

https://www.facebook.com/AmySuzySmurfyQ

Posts: 903 | From: fah fah aweeey... | Registered: Oct 2011
VicyJoe
Smurf
Member # 3538

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-20-2012 01:47 AM      Profile for VicyJoe       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
This is sad to hear, and it is expected for an actress who was in her ninties.
Clumsy 1991
Smurf
Member # 4126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-10-2013 03:01 PM      Profile for Clumsy 1991       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I know it's been a year now, but I have just done something to bring this up for the occasion.

-
THE COFFEY REVIEWER: MY SMURFY VALENTINE AND SMURFILY EVER AFTER
http://blip.tv/coffeyman/the-coffey-reviewer-my-smurfy-valentine-and-smurfily-ever-after-episode-9-double-feature-episode-6690017

Clumsy_1991

--------------------
Clumsy: "Hehe Golly! I couldn't have done it better myself!" - Karate Clumsy (Season 9)

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-10-2013 05:28 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Not bad. I'm still not a fan of Smurfette's constant crying, though.

--------------------

Linkin Smurf
Smurf
Member # 4917

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-10-2013 06:30 PM      Profile for Linkin Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Clumsy_1991:
 -
http://blip.tv/coffeyman/the-coffey-reviewer-my-smurfy-valentine-and-smurfily-ever-after-episode-9-double-feature-episode-6690017

Clumsy_1991 [/QB]

Yo, will you post that on Youtube & Vimeo, Please? and Lucile Bliss, without the Smurfette "Boo Hoo" crap, she was a pretty good actress for Smurfette.... RIP (Why didn't i see This before?)

--------------------
My Smurf Nickname: Wacky Smurf

My Deviantart: http://thatonesmurfx103-9.deviantart.com/

My Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~thatonesmurfx1039

Posts: 392 | From: Smurf Village in Toronto | Registered: Jul 2013
Clumsy 1991
Smurf
Member # 4126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-11-2013 02:37 AM      Profile for Clumsy 1991       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by thatonesmurfx103.9:
quote:
 -

Clumsy_1991

Yo, will you post that on Youtube & Vimeo, Please? and Lucile Bliss, without the Smurfette "Boo Hoo" crap, she was a pretty good actress for Smurfette.... RIP (Why didn't i see This before?) [/QB]

I think it would be best for you to wait until next week for it to be on Vimeo, and the week after that, it will be on YouTube too.

Regarding her constant crying, I'm afraid I decided to keep it for a good length of video whatever some people like it or not, for you know I can't make promises. My apologies. (However I think the best thing for you though, is to skip the crying montage yourself if you couldn't stand it)

--------------------
Clumsy: "Hehe Golly! I couldn't have done it better myself!" - Karate Clumsy (Season 9)

Linkin Smurf
Smurf
Member # 4917

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-11-2013 05:06 AM      Profile for Linkin Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by thatonesmurfx103.9:
quote:
 -

Clumsy_1991

Yo, will you post that on Youtube & Vimeo, Please? and Lucile Bliss, without the Smurfette "Boo Hoo" crap, she was a pretty good actress for Smurfette.... RIP (Why didn't i see This before?)

I think it would be best for you to wait until next week for it to be on Vimeo, and the week after that, it will be on YouTube too.

Regarding her constant crying, I'm afraid I decided to keep it for a good length of video whatever some people like it or not, for you know I can't make promises. My apologies. (However I think the best thing for you though, is to skip the crying montage yourself if you couldn't stand it) [/QB]

I never said I hated the Crying part of Smurfette, and I'm happy you made a crying montage, but like Smurfette was very controversal as well, but she was a pretty sweet girl overall

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-11-2013 05:13 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I wasn't saying that you should have removed the crying part, but it does serve the point that I wasn't a big fan of Smurfette's constant crying in the cartoon show and I'm still not a fan of it now. It was just bad writing on the part of Hanna-Barbera that just made Smurfette more annoying than endearing, and why I'm glad of how she's handled in the Sony Pictures movies and animated features.

--------------------

Richrod Smurf
Smurf
Member # 5003

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-11-2013 09:36 AM      Profile for Richrod Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
@Clumsy 1991: I saw your video review on Facebook last night and absosmurfly loved it! I'm sure Lucille Bliss herself would have loved it, too. You did a great job setting the story straight on the little lady's origins and the deviations Hanna-Barbera and especially Sony Pictures did for their adaptations of the Smurfs.

As for Smurfette's infamous "boo hoo" crying, as a child watching the series in the 1980's I found it annoying back then too, but I think that was part of playing up her overly girly personality by both Hanna-Barbera and Peyo (remember they co-produced the series together). Ironically, it's what made her such an endearing and beloved character--still the most popular Smurf of all time.

And while Katy Perry does a decent Smurfette, complete with the gravelly voice, she does have some pretty big heels to fill. All that said, should Sony or Studio Peyo ever decide to create an all-new Smurf TV series (which a lot of fans and kids are clamoring for), I believe Miss Katy should be a shoo-in if she can ever find time for it.

Good job on the tribute! [Smurfette] [Wink]

Posts: 338 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii | Registered: Sep 2013
Richrod Smurf
Smurf
Member # 5003

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-11-2013 02:55 PM      Profile for Richrod Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Another comment: I like the little sidebar story on Katy being cast as Smurfette before auditioning began for the Smurfs movies, including how her Christian missionary parents didn't allow her to watch TV as a child. I am what many people would call an evangelical Christian (I'm part of the Calvary Chapel churches), and I grew up under the same legalism, isolation and do's-and-don'ts that Katy did, and so I don't blame her for ultimately bolting from that faith when she became of age. Her dad also seems a bit on the crazy side, exploiting her celebrity to further his own ministry and threatening to shut it down if she ever went too far.

It doesn't matter what stripe one wears religiously, or none at all, but it seems Katy's parents are a bit off the deep end--many Christians will have nothing to do with them at all--and it actually might be a blessing that she walked away from it all.

Posts: 338 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii | Registered: Sep 2013
Clumsy 1991
Smurf
Member # 4126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-11-2013 03:03 PM      Profile for Clumsy 1991       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
@Richrod Smurf Thank you for your feedback, really appreciated that you have enjoyed the video.

@Vic and thatonesmurfx103-9 Now that I clearly read what you have meant, I must apologise for a little misunderstanding about the crying Smurfette makes. I mean let's face it, I do also find it annoying to hear either, even with the way she does that. Although that is what makes her a unique character no matter what.

So to cheer us all up, I have just uploaded a special video containing some additional scenes that weren't necessarily needed for the episode's length, meaning that it would be so long to watch.

Here's the link!
 -
THE COFFEY REVIEWER: MY SMURFY VALENTINE AND SMURFILY EVER AFTER (DELETED SCENES)

LINK: http://blip.tv/coffeyman/the-coffey-reviewer-my-smurfy-valentine-and-smurfily-ever-after-episode-9-deleted-scenes-6690283

Clumsy_1991

--------------------

Linkin Smurf
Smurf
Member # 4917

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-11-2013 07:03 PM      Profile for Linkin Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
@thatonesmurfx103-9 Now that I clearly read what you have meant, I must apologise for a little misunderstanding about the crying Smurfette makes. I mean let's face it, I do also find it annoying to hear either, even with the way she does that. Although that is what makes her a unique character no matter what.

So to cheer us all up, I have just uploaded a special video containing some additional scenes that weren't necessarily needed for the episode's length, meaning that it would be so long to watch.

Here's the link!
THE COFFEY REVIEWER: MY SMURFY VALENTINE AND SMURFILY EVER AFTER (DELETED SCENES)

LINK: http://blip.tv/coffeyman/the-coffey-reviewer-my-smurfy-valentine-and-smurfily-ever-after-episode-9-deleted-scenes-6690283

Thanks man, Will wait for Youtube & Vimeo!! [Wink] and I like both Episodes, both were well done. at the very beginning of the Deleted scenes video, that intro music is the little bit used in Russian Dubs of the smurfs on the episode title cards. (don't believe me? watch some Russian Smurfs episodes on Youtube and you'll see [Wink] )

--------------------

Clumsy 1991
Smurf
Member # 4126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-17-2013 02:14 PM      Profile for Clumsy 1991       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Newsflash! Both the double feature episode and deleted scenes video are now available to view on Vimeo! Next stop, YouTube for next week!

https://vimeo.com/79621159
https://vimeo.com/79621161

Enjoy!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.