Smurf at Last!    Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  32  33  34    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » Smurfs 3 Movie 2017 (Page 3)
Author Topic: Smurfs 3 Movie 2017
Oakley Smurf
Brainy Smurf Snaeha
Member # 2823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-27-2014 04:08 PM      Profile for Oakley Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I could care less about whether it's traditional 2D or fully CG Animated I mean some cartoons looked the best when going old school way and other worked with CG animated and The Smurfs worked in both methods.
I mean it's going to be even better to see The Smurfs movie in a traditional way,because to be honest it's harder and harder to see the hand drawn style of cartoon on the silver screen nowadays it could be a lost art soon if they kept making things Digitally.
Classics stays classic you can ruin it but you can't kill it that's the magic of hand drawn animation or at least in a traditional way.
There's a reason why Winnie The Pooh (2011) was so well received critically.

--------------------
I'm Brainy Smurf's alter ego one that didn't wearing glasses...for now...
"Eyesight 200/20 but I always see what's on my mind"

Posts: 692 | From: Bangkok,Thailand | Registered: May 2009
Menicus
Smurfling
Member # 5182

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 03-01-2014 05:20 PM      Profile for Menicus       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The biggest thing to me is I don't like the look of the toys based on the CG animation... they just don't look right... I don't have ANY movie smurfs [Razz]
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-02-2014 08:47 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Inspired by "Every Picture Smurfs A Story".
 -

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-02-2014 11:19 AM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'd like to see it done in 2D, but full CG would be pretty cool, too.

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Posts: 963 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Feb 2006
Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-02-2014 01:11 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Vic, come on really. The Smurfs were ALWAYS cartoons from the start. That is how they started back in the late 50s, as a comic, right on all through the 80s with the CARTOON SERIES. It wasn't until 2010 that... oh wow... they are suddenly CGI.
Oakley Smurf
Brainy Smurf Snaeha
Member # 2823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-03-2014 06:19 AM      Profile for Oakley Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Give the Peyo family more input and it should be good movie.
I just can't take Vic sarcasm anymore man what's up with his sense of humor?
But really if it's full CG (the way Vic likes it) then they better go all out with it,if not then just hand the IP to Nickelodeon or Paramount or even Dreamworks and Blue Sky you know someone who gives
a **** about their acquired IP.

--------------------

Marshmellow Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 4529

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-09-2014 11:09 PM      Profile for Marshmellow Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

--------------------
Everybody is smurfy!

Posts: 12 | From: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil | Registered: Jul 2012
Marshmellow Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 4529

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-09-2014 11:15 PM      Profile for Marshmellow Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Looking forward!

--------------------
Everybody is smurfy!

Posts: 12 | From: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil | Registered: Jul 2012
Bebebunda Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 5194

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-10-2014 10:59 AM      Profile for Bebebunda Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I see you are already advanced, no?

--------------------
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. If not, sit down and shut up while there is time.

PS: I am the all-seeing eye and believe that everything, so beware!

Oscar95
Smurfling
Member # 5028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 03-10-2014 06:05 PM      Profile for Oscar95   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Oakley Smurf:
Give the Peyo family more input and it should be good movie.
I just can't take Vic sarcasm anymore man what's up with his sense of humor?
But really if it's full CG (the way Vic likes it) then they better go all out with it,if not then just hand the IP to Nickelodeon or Paramount or even Dreamworks and Blue Sky you know someone who gives
a **** about their acquired IP.

It was supposed to have CGI Smurf reboot film for Disney; after the success of "Frozen". but Sony stole my idea.
Posts: 15 | From: San Digo, California | Registered: Sep 2013
Richrod Smurf
Smurf
Member # 5003

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-10-2014 06:21 PM      Profile for Richrod Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Other than that it will be totally animated, Sony Pictures hasn't let the smurf out of the bag about whether it would be 2D or 3D, or even about a plotline. There's been a lot of internet chatter about "Smurfs 3" being a prequel about how the Smurfs and Gargamel first met, or even how the Smurfs were created in the first place, but it's all speculation.

I am very sure that if da buggah's hand-drawn in 2D, Stephan Frank's Duck Studios will be the one doing it, and it can be finished by August 2015 if Sony hires or outsources enough animators.

And as for Vic George's humor, either one likes it or doesn't. He has a lot of pull in the fan fiction community through his Empath series, and personally I like some of his smurfy little zingers. If you like the quirky, surreal, off-the-wall humor of Jimmy Fallon, David Letterman and the rest of the American late-night TV crowd (and I do), then you'll understand where Vic's coming from. If you don't like it, well... whatever smurfs you out. [Wink]

Posts: 332 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii | Registered: Sep 2013
Oakley Smurf
Brainy Smurf Snaeha
Member # 2823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-12-2014 10:55 AM      Profile for Oakley Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
While I continue to stay low profile on BB (due to various reasons like my health problems)
Here's the a new info on The Smurfs:
hollywoodreporter
Not content to let Disney Animation or DreamWorks Animation hog the spotlight, Sony Pictures Animation is ready to make some waves of its own as it ramps up a trio of projects it will release in the next two or three years.
SPA is betting big on Genndy Tartakovsky, the popular animator behind Dexter’s Laboratory, Samurai Jack and Star Wars: The Clone Wars, who is working on two of the three projects.
Tartakovsky, who already directed Hotel Transylvania and is deep into Popeye for the company, is continuing his relationship with SPA by not only signing on to direct Hotel Transylvania 2 but by also developing a new original creation tentatively called Genndy Tartakovsky’s Can You Imagine?
PHOTOS: 35 of 2014's Most Anticipated Movies
The plot is being kept deep in the recesses of the mind, but it is described as a fantastic journey through one boy’s imagination. Michelle Murdocca, who produced Hotel Transylvania, is producing Can You Imagine?, which Tartakovsky is writing and will direct.
“When he comes up with a great idea, of course you want to listen to it,” says Bob Osher, the president of Sony Pictures Digital Productions who initially brought Tartakovsky to work on the first Hotel Transylvania.
Tartakovsky is working on Can You Imagine? as he tackles directing duties on Hotel Transylvania 2, which is being written by Adam Sandler and Robert Smigel and has a release date of Sept. 25, 2015.
All this while still working on the company’s Popeye, which is in production for a release sometime in 2016. Osher believes that Tartakovsky’s past in television prepared the animator to juggle a film workload: “In the world of television, they work on multiple episodes simultaneously while also keeping an eye on an entire season. He’s used to, and likes, a high level of workload.”
SPA also is developing a new, all-animated Smurfs movie and recently tapped as director Kelly Asbury, the animation vet who was nominated for the Cannes Film Festival’s Palme d’Or for Shrek 2 and most recently directed the hit animated comedy Gnomeo & Juliet.
PHOTOS: Inside THR's Animation Roundtable
SPA and Sony division Columbia are coming off of two successful Smurfs movies that were made as live-action/animated hybrids (the two together grossed around $910 million worldwide) but this new animated-only feature is aimed to bring the designs and environments more in line to the original art by Smurfs creator Peyo.
The plot is being kept under wraps, but the movie aims to explore the origin of the internationally loved blue creatures.
The movie, which will be produced by Jordan Kerner and co-produced by Mary Ellen Bauder, already has a release date of Aug. 14, 2015.

Awesome! it set out to be The Smurfs movie worthy of the franchise,faithful to its original roots! [Wink] [Big Grin]
Good to know they finally get rid of Raja Gosnell this guy sure knows how to ruin childhood icons.
I still keep my smurfs crossed until they share some more info. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Oscar95
Smurfling
Member # 5028

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted 03-13-2014 11:13 PM      Profile for Oscar95   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Oakley Smurf:
While I continue to stay low profile on BB (due to various reasons like my health problems)
Here's the a new info on The Smurfs:
hollywoodreporter
Not content to let Disney Animation or DreamWorks Animation hog the spotlight, Sony Pictures Animation is ready to make some waves of its own as it ramps up a trio of projects it will release in the next two or three years.
SPA is betting big on Genndy Tartakovsky, the popular animator behind Dexter’s Laboratory, Samurai Jack and Star Wars: The Clone Wars, who is working on two of the three projects.
Tartakovsky, who already directed Hotel Transylvania and is deep into Popeye for the company, is continuing his relationship with SPA by not only signing on to direct Hotel Transylvania 2 but by also developing a new original creation tentatively called Genndy Tartakovsky’s Can You Imagine?
PHOTOS: 35 of 2014's Most Anticipated Movies
The plot is being kept deep in the recesses of the mind, but it is described as a fantastic journey through one boy’s imagination. Michelle Murdocca, who produced Hotel Transylvania, is producing Can You Imagine?, which Tartakovsky is writing and will direct.
“When he comes up with a great idea, of course you want to listen to it,” says Bob Osher, the president of Sony Pictures Digital Productions who initially brought Tartakovsky to work on the first Hotel Transylvania.
Tartakovsky is working on Can You Imagine? as he tackles directing duties on Hotel Transylvania 2, which is being written by Adam Sandler and Robert Smigel and has a release date of Sept. 25, 2015.
All this while still working on the company’s Popeye, which is in production for a release sometime in 2016. Osher believes that Tartakovsky’s past in television prepared the animator to juggle a film workload: “In the world of television, they work on multiple episodes simultaneously while also keeping an eye on an entire season. He’s used to, and likes, a high level of workload.”
SPA also is developing a new, all-animated Smurfs movie and recently tapped as director Kelly Asbury, the animation vet who was nominated for the Cannes Film Festival’s Palme d’Or for Shrek 2 and most recently directed the hit animated comedy Gnomeo & Juliet.
PHOTOS: Inside THR's Animation Roundtable
SPA and Sony division Columbia are coming off of two successful Smurfs movies that were made as live-action/animated hybrids (the two together grossed around $910 million worldwide) but this new animated-only feature is aimed to bring the designs and environments more in line to the original art by Smurfs creator Peyo.
The plot is being kept under wraps, but the movie aims to explore the origin of the internationally loved blue creatures.
The movie, which will be produced by Jordan Kerner and co-produced by Mary Ellen Bauder, already has a release date of Aug. 14, 2015.

Awesome! it set out to be The Smurfs movie worthy of the franchise,faithful to its original roots! [Wink] [Big Grin]
Good to know they finally get rid of Raja Gosnell this guy sure knows how to ruin childhood icons.
I still keep my smurfs crossed until they share some more info. [Roll Eyes]

Now THIS is a Problem! My idea of an Animated Smurfs reboot for Disney goes away.

You see, when I put my forum about the movie, Marier Villarreal says:

quote:
That's most improbable... but don't let that stop it. If Dreamworks is making a CGI movie of Peabody's Improbable History, then Disney CAN reboot The Smurfs. But is anyone working there aware of it?

After the success of Disney's recent film, Frozen (including winning 2 Oscars); I was thinking about Smurfs reboot for either Walt Disney Animation Studios or Pixar Animation Studios, A Smurfs reboot movie will be an Epic adventure, like did with previous Smurfs movie from Paramount and Nickelodeon. Something like Fergully: The Last Rainforest, but with Musical.

Now, Sony stole MY idea!

Oakley Smurf
Brainy Smurf Snaeha
Member # 2823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-14-2014 12:54 AM      Profile for Oakley Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
If you're so confident that you'll do better job than SPA then go ahead sue them.
Anything to get the IP back.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-16-2014 06:02 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
All I can say is a reboot that honestly starts everything entirely from scratch is a much better solution than just the deceptively easy idea of releasing a so-called third movie that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the previous two movies, either artistically or thematically. Children can buy into the idea of watching that kind of a sequel when they don't know any better, but older fans would know the difference as being like night and day.

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-16-2014 07:26 AM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The third movie doesn't need to have anything to do with the first two, Vic. I'm an older fan myself since the cartoon series premiered over 30 years ago. I would LOVE to see a feature film of the Smurfs that take us back to their roots rather than going into modern day times and cities. The first two films were fun, sure. I have the blu-rays for both and I enjoy them. But we need a feature film that shows the Smurfs throughout their own world and focuses on where they are from. We haven't had a completely animated Smurfs feature film since The Magic Flute, from almost 40 years ago. I think this will be a good idea if done right.
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-16-2014 08:52 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm not sorry to say this, but I do hate "in name only" sequels to movies. If it's going to be a reboot, BE HONEST AND UPFRONT ABOUT IT AND DON'T CALL IT A SEQUEL! Lower-budget studios can get away with this sort of manipulative garbage, but this is Sony Pictures we're talking about.

Another thing a movie series reboot should do is avoid what TV Tropes calls "continuity lock-out", which is making a story that requires a lot of immersive research into a fiction's lore to make sense of the whole story, like how this character knows that character and so on. This being children's entertainment that we're talking about, a Smurf story should be accessible to anyone of any age without having to go through watching like all nine seasons of the Smurfs cartoon show or exploring the entire comic book series just to understand something within 90 minutes or 2 hours of sitting in the theater. This is not saying that it shouldn't have like little "easter eggs" for longtime Smurfs fans to find, but the basic story shouldn't require the audience doing a lot of homework to understand it.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-16-2014 04:53 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Another thought:

While Sony Pictures may consider the past two Smurfs movies to be "creative train wrecks", I personally don't think they are. It's just that, because live-action/CGI-animated movies are so expensive to make, they ended up taking the path of least resistance when it comes to creating a storyline that they can afford to produce. There's only so much you can do with the "bring the Smurfs into the modern world" story line that it eventually wears thin with repeated use. What's left to do once you used it twice already? This was pretty noticeable when somebody at Smurfs Wiki posted a movie poster image for The Smurfs 3, suggesting that it was going to now be set in London. I mean, ENOUGH WITH THE TIME TRAVEL ALREADY! They're supposed to be set in the Middle Ages, like in the comic books and the cartoon show. Unfortunately, the expenses that come with creating good live-action/CGI-animated movies means that, unless you're Peter Jackson and you've got the funds and the studios to turn J.R.R. Tolkien's works into epic movies, you're not likely to see a Smurfs movie of that sort with the same kind of attention given to it to make it just as close to epic in its own way. Sure, I consider the two movies to be good, but it's still too much of the Smurfs being fish out of water when it's all said and done. The reboot movie really has to put them back where they belong in the time period that they fit perfectly in, without resorting to such cheap methods of being able to tell a story with all the CGI power they possess. It's got to have their style of humor that fans have known them for. It's got to have more Smurfs in the story doing things together instead of just the same several Smurf characters for all of 90 minutes. If the story has to have humans in it, do them also as CGI, but don't make them either too real or too much like animated plastic figurines. These are characters, NOT TOYS, and they should be treated as such. If the reboot looks like a half-smurfed monkey job that can be done on the Gamecube, why should I bother watching it in the theaters?

--------------------

Oakley Smurf
Brainy Smurf Snaeha
Member # 2823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-17-2014 08:40 PM      Profile for Oakley Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
From Snoopy Official facebook page:
"First look at the upcoming Peanuts movie. Watch Good Morning America tomorrow morning for the exclusive teaser premiere."
 -

Here's my thought on this picture:Barami Snaeha:"Peanuts looks fine to me considering how bad The Smurfs 1 and 2 looked now the smurfs 3 going all animated. Can't wait for both next year!"

By comparison The Smurfs 1,2 looked crude compared to this,maybe I'll have to wait for its teaser tomorrow...

SPA better show something soon because their biggest rival already showed something!

--------------------

Oakley Smurf
Brainy Smurf Snaeha
Member # 2823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-18-2014 08:50 AM      Profile for Oakley Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's The Peanuts teaser trailer!

Now your rival (Blue Sky Studios)
just teased with you now it's your turn SPA,to tease them back! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-19-2014 07:41 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It's a reboot! They are NOT calling it "The Smurfs 3" like they were some cheap studio looking to make a buck from a "in name only" sequel.

I like the style used for the Peanuts movie trailer. It's sort of like a cel-shaded cartoon, but better, and it definitely works for that type of adaptation.

Just also thinking: a modern adaptation of the cartoon show episode "Every Picture Smurfs A Story" would work better in CGI since it could have Maestro and Papa Smurf pop right out of their paintings back into three-dimensional beings.

--------------------

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-19-2014 07:46 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I don't know if I ever saw that episode before with the Maestro. So I bought it on Amazon and watched. That was a really good episode and I enjoyed it. Don't remember ever seeing that one. Don't know how that slipped through the cracks of all the years I watched the Smurfs, unless I just forgot from only seeing it once.

At any rate, I think Jack Angel did the voice of Maestro. I saw Jack Angel's name in the credits for that episode and it certainly sounds like him. It's interesting because Jack Angel did Papa Smurf's voice in the new animated direct to DVD features (Smurfs Christmas Carol and Legend of Smurfy Hollow) and is slated to be the voice of Papa Smurf in the next Smurf movie.

Oscar95
Smurfling
Member # 5028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 03-22-2014 01:18 AM      Profile for Oscar95   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Smurfs Reboot was supposed to be THE LION KING-esque film, with some elements from FernGully: The Last Rainforest, from Walt Disney Animation Studios; but Sony stole my idea.

I know, sue them. I get it, Oakley Smurf

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-22-2014 07:48 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
We have still yet to see the animation models for the Smurfs that Sony's going to use for the reboot, so until we get confirmed pictures of those, I'm going to pass judgment on them for now. But I still think the original Toy Story-esque idea for the Smurfs movie when it was under Nickelodeon's pre-production period was a bad idea.

--------------------

Oscar95
Smurfling
Member # 5028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 03-22-2014 03:45 PM      Profile for Oscar95   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Well, VicGeorge2010, Have you seen Frozen?
Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  32  33  34   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2017 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.