Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie                     Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  34  35  36    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » Smurfs 3 Movie 2017 (Page 20)
Author Topic: Smurfs 3 Movie 2017
swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-01-2017 08:27 PM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Richrod Smurf:
quote:
Originally posted by swarlock:
Awesome story.

Thanks! [Big Grin]

"Smurfstorm in a Teapot" is obviously based on the new comic story where Stormy and Hefty face off in a similar battle of the sexes, and the title is a reference to the term "tempest in a teapot". From what I've seen in the Lost Village comics previewed on this board, my smurfy hunch is that Smurfstorm is like Rainbow Dash from "My Little Pony": hot-tempered, boastful, competitive, a prankster and always smurfing her big mouth into disaster. We'll see if Stormy really is that fiery in the movie. [Smurfette]

Judging from her attitude in the comic I'd say she is.
Posts: 421 | From: Kissimmee, Florida | Registered: Jan 2005
Royal Smurf
Noble Smurf
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-02-2017 12:49 PM      Profile for Royal Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The Village Behind The Wall is now renamed after the movie.

Source:
http://papercutz.com/shop-all/smurfs-lost-village

-

Summary:
An all-new graphic novel featuring five stories that tie in to the new SMURFS animated movie!

The world of the Smurfs expands as a Brainy Smurf, Smurfette [Smurfette] , Hefty Smurf and Clumsy Smurf discover a new village filled with an entire population of new Smurflike creatures! A whole new world of challenges and adventures awaits the Smurfs!

Royal Smurf
Noble Smurf
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-02-2017 01:04 PM      Profile for Royal Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Also, here's Smurfwillow. AKA. Mama Smurf. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

-

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-02-2017 01:36 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thank you for the update. I would like to see a high-quality version of the new cover as soon as possible.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Royal Smurf
Noble Smurf
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-02-2017 03:12 PM      Profile for Royal Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's something about Ariel Winter's character, Smurflily ("lily"). Enjoy.

Source:
http://www.justjaredjr.com/2017/02/02/see-a-first-look-at-ariel-winters-smurf-character/

-

Did you know that Ariel Winter will be in the new Smurfs movie?! She is!

The Modern Family star will be voicing a smurf named SmurfLily and she looks so badass!

We mean, look at her with her bow and arrow, just waiting for the chance for one of the other new smurfs to say something weird so she can let it go. Love her already!

"So excited to join my friends in Smurfs: The Lost Village! See SmurfLily in action April 7th!" Ariel tweeted out to her fans, announcing the big news last month.

Smurfs: The Lost Village is the first, fully animated movie in the franchise. The flick will follow Smurfette and her best friends Brainy, Clumsy and Hefty on an exciting and thrilling race through the Forbidden Forest filled with magical creatures to find a mysterious lost village before the evil wizard Gargamel does.

Ariel is also pictured below leaving lunch with a friend in Los Angeles on Wednesday afternoon (February 1).

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-02-2017 04:38 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
So who's Smurflily supposed to be the Distaff Counterpart of?

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Royal Smurf
Noble Smurf
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-03-2017 07:35 AM      Profile for Royal Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by VicGeorge2010:
So who's Smurflily supposed to be the Distaff Counterpart of?

I'm leaning towards Clumsy.
Here's proof.

-

Royal Smurf
Noble Smurf
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-03-2017 07:38 AM      Profile for Royal Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Also, this year's KCA's seem to have a partnership with Smurfs: The Lost Village.

-

-

TK301
Smurfling
Member # 6173

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 02-03-2017 12:20 PM      Profile for TK301       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here are the new strange looking Schleich figures.
Apparently the Smurfstorm figure was discarded in favor of Smurfblossom

-
 -

Royal Smurf
Noble Smurf
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-07-2017 05:47 AM      Profile for Royal Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Source:
http://www.impawards.com/2017/smurfs_the_lost_village_ver7.html

The newest French poster. Enjoy! [Smile] [Wink] [Cool] [Eek!] [Smurfette] [Smurfette] [Smurfette] [Smurfette]

-

Also, when you realize that Smurfs: The Lost Village comes out in two more months from today!!!

-

Royal Smurf
Noble Smurf
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-07-2017 07:41 AM      Profile for Royal Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Smurfblossom ("blossom")
 -

Smurflily ("lily")
 -

And Smurfstorm ("stormy")
 -

Royal Smurf
Noble Smurf
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-07-2017 07:43 AM      Profile for Royal Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's Smurfwillow ("willow")
 -

Redneck Smurfette
Smurf
Member # 5521

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-07-2017 12:43 PM      Profile for Redneck Smurfette  Redneck Smurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Nice

--------------------
Man...An Irish-Redneck-Lass...You guys are in trouble!;)
"The Irish gave the Scottish bagpipes as a joke....The Scots haven't figured it out yet."

Posts: 823 | From: Ireland, doing and Irish dance probably... | Registered: Mar 2015
swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-07-2017 01:24 PM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Wonderful.
Royal Smurf
Noble Smurf
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-07-2017 06:05 PM      Profile for Royal Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Any of you guys seen this yet?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=LL7mg-QpgMvcVJFSum-0iMvA&v=u34EFP5t6fI

-

Royal Smurf
Noble Smurf
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-07-2017 06:08 PM      Profile for Royal Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Also, check this out. Apparently, The Smurfs Village game is going to do something for the movie. Stay tuned for more info as it becomes available.

Source:
http://forums.bongfish.com/forum/forum-feedback-and-community-rules/smurfy-things-happening-at-bongfish/sneak-peeks-and-teasers-for-updates/180848-sneak-peek-at-the-contents-of-the-smurfs-village-ios-and-android-version-1-43-0-medieval-update

-

-

-

One more thing...

Besides fighting dragons and saving young maidens in adversity, we here at Bongfish have been hard at work preparing something very Smurfy...

Join Smurfette as she embarks on set of all new quests to unlock Smurftastic Rewards! Where are they from? What could they be? Find out soon... Or if you think you've figured it out, Let us know! Don't forget to use the Spoiler tag: spoiler and /spoiler with [before and] after each guess!

[Smurfette] [Smurfette] [Smurfette] [Smurfette]

Richrod Smurf
Smurf
Member # 5003

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-07-2017 07:39 PM      Profile for Richrod Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's a smurfy little what-if that mixes up all the various Smurf characters across film and TV:

How do you think Grandpa and Nanny Smurf would react to meeting Smurfwillow for the first time? How about little Sassette Smurfling? I'm working on a new "Lost Village"-themed drawing and the replies to this what-if may be incorporated into the final product.

[Smile] [Sassette Smurfling] [Wink]

--------------------
Vexy is still my favorite Smurf. Tomboys need love, too. :)
Facebook: Newport Muse
On DeviantArt: newportmuse.deviantart.com

Posts: 338 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii | Registered: Sep 2013
Tatiana
Smurf
Member # 6114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-07-2017 07:43 PM      Profile for Tatiana       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
That's really awesome! Perhaps very surprising indeed.. maybe even explaining where Nanny Smurf came from and it would match considering both Nanny and Grandpa are centuries old. :3

--------------------
Always Be True To Your Smurfy Self!

Richrod Smurf
Smurf
Member # 5003

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-07-2017 09:20 PM      Profile for Richrod Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tatiana:
That's really awesome! Perhaps very surprising indeed.. maybe even explaining where Nanny Smurf came from and it would match considering both Nanny and Grandpa are centuries old. :3

Thanks, Tatiana! In my fan art, Nanny Smurf is the first-ever female Smurf, born during an unusual pink moon rather than a blue one. Her Papa Smurf long desired a daughter like the ones he observed with human families, and it was a wish come true. The 500-year imprisonment in the evil Castle Captor ("Lost Smurf" episode from the TV series, 1988) is part of that storyline.

As far as I can guess, it may be that the girls in the Lost Village were created en masse centuries before by some magic spell resulting in Smurfette counterparts to the Smurfs of their day. They weren't accepted as real Smurfs by the originals, so they went away and made their own village in the hopes of one day reuniting with the rest of the Smurf family. (If this is actually part of the "Lost Village" movie story, I apologize for any spoilers. I am only guessing from all the internet chatter I've read since January.)

My drawing may have Smurfwillow introduced by Papa Smurf to Grandpa and Nanny in the Smurf Village. As of now, my idea is that Grandpa is beyond overjoyed to learn he has a daughter. Nanny says she always sensed deep in her smurf that there were more girls than herself all these centuries, and her hunch was right all along.

Posts: 338 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii | Registered: Sep 2013
Tatiana
Smurf
Member # 6114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-07-2017 09:34 PM      Profile for Tatiana       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Richrod Smurf:
quote:
Originally posted by Tatiana:

Thanks, Tatiana! In my fan art, Nanny Smurf is the first-ever female Smurf, born during an unusual pink moon rather than a blue one. Her Papa Smurf long desired a daughter like the ones he observed with human families, and it was a wish come true. The 500-year imprisonment in the evil Castle Captor ("Lost Smurf" episode from the TV series, 1988) is part of that storyline.

As far as I can guess, it may be that the girls in the Lost Village were created en masse centuries before by some magic spell resulting in Smurfette counterparts to the Smurfs of their day. They weren't accepted as real Smurfs by the originals, so they went away and made their own village in the hopes of one day reuniting with the rest of the Smurf family. (If this is actually part of the "Lost Village" movie story, I apologize for any spoilers. I am only guessing from all the internet chatter I've read since January.)

My drawing may have Smurfwillow introduced by Papa Smurf to Grandpa and Nanny in the Smurf Village. As of now, my idea is that Grandpa is beyond overjoyed to learn he has a daughter. Nanny says she always sensed deep in her smurf that there were more girls than herself all these centuries, and her hunch was right all along.

No prob! Guessing the why and how is all part of the fun and it really staves off the anticipation! [Big Grin] That could fit! Since of course the Smurfy Grove Smurfettes are going to be in an official comic.. It would really be fun to think so!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Always Be True To Your Smurfy Self!

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-08-2017 02:33 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Like the look of the Smurf Village in that test video. It's certainly what I'm looking for as far as how I would want it to appear in an Empath: The Luckiest Smurf feature. That being said, the CGI Vanity from the live-action films didn't look too out of place with that kind of Smurf Village.

--------------------

Royal Smurf
Noble Smurf
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-08-2017 04:03 PM      Profile for Royal Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Another article I found. Enjoy.

Source:
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/

-

Director Kelly Asbury Spills the Secrets of Smurfs: The Lost Village

The director of Shrek 2 and Gnomeo & Juliet works blue on the first all-animated Smurfs movie.

Last month Den of Geek attended a presentation at Sony Pictures Animation for several of the studio’s upcoming animated films, including Smurfs: The Lost Village, The Emoji Movie, the faith-based The Star, Hotel Transylvania 3 and the animated Spider-Man feature (which you can find more on here). First out of the chute on April 7 is Smurfs: The Lost Village, the third feature starring the little blue creatures but the first to go all-animated, with no live action and no connection to the first two movies.

In other words, Smurfs: The Lost Village is more or less a reboot of the beloved children’s franchise, a description that director Kelly Asbury (Shrek 2) has no problem with. “I don't know why people don't like that word, I guess it's overused perhaps,” says Asbury when we sit down with him in a SPA conference room after the presentation, which featured clips and/or production art from all five films. “Let's just say that this is a re-envisioning. We are restoring Peyo's vision in dimensional film form, so maybe it's a restoration of a franchise. Visually it certainly is. We did want it to be as much a new version as we possibly could. We wanted to make it stand alone. It's not Part 3, it's a freestanding film.”

-

Peyo is the pen name of Pierre Culliford, the Belgian comics artist who created the Smurfs, known in French as Les Schtroumpfs, way back in 1958. The tiny humanoids have expanded over the decades into a billion-dollar juggernaut encompassing TV, toys, video games and much more. Sony’s two feature films, released in 2011 and 2013, were met with scathing reviews; while The Smurfs grossed a very healthy $564 million worldwide, The Smurfs 2 dropped to $347 million, prompting the studio to scrap a proposed third live-action/animated hybrid in favor of a fully animated story with no human characters or actors (save for the voices provided by a cast that includes Demi Lovato, Mandy Patinkin, Joe Manganiello, Rainn Wilson, Julia Roberts and more).

For Asbury, going back to the source -- Peyo’s original artwork -- provided him with the inspiration he needed on the film. “I watched the live-action hybrid movies and the Hanna-Barbera (TV) version, which were really the only introduction that I had of the Smurfs when I started this project,” he recalled. “Then I started looking at the original. I went back and read up on Peyo and started really getting a look at this world and I thought, ‘Gosh, there's so much wonderful shape-language and wonderful artistry in what he did.’ He was a contemporary of a lot of the artists at Disney who were making Pinocchio and Snow White and he really was in their age bracket. I just thought that nothing had really ever fully reflected the beauty of what he did, and the shapes. So I wanted as much as possible to capture what he did.”

-

The decision to ditch a third film in the initial series and go all-animated was already made by the studio by the time Asbury came aboard the picture. “The studio had decided they needed to do a film that was completely animated,” he said. “They wanted something that was broader in scope and able to be more imaginative, which animation offered. When I came onto it, I don't think the decision had been made yet to go as far back as Peyo to really recreate that, but I looked at the Peyo comic books and I said, ‘Guys, this is what we ought to be doing.’ It wasn't very hard to win them over to do that. The minute we started building these characters and turning them around in three dimensions, and they really did look like Peyo, everyone was very excited about it.”

Perhaps the biggest deviation from Peyo’s work is the inclusion -- a sensible one in 2017 -- of more female Smurfs in the story after decades of Smurfette (voiced by Lovato) being the only one. “The biggest question that everyone always has about the Smurfs is, ‘Why is Smurfette the only girl?’” explains Asbury. “There really is no clear explanation for that; I think later in his comics, Peyo might have introduced a couple more but they were never very popular. We decided, okay, what if there were other girls? What would it do? Would it be mind-blowing to these Smurfs? It would be mind-blowing to even Smurfette, that there's another village out there, and there's girls living there too. It would be a whole new thing. The dramatic impact of that was exciting.”

-

Peyo died in 1992, but his children still control the franchise and Asbury wanted to make sure they stayed involved in the process of making Smurfs: The Lost Village. “They weren't involved on a daily basis, but certainly as we designed this movie and as the story came into focus, we wanted to make sure that we didn't break any of the rules that the franchise has established over the years,” he says. “One example is, the Smurfs can only eat Smurfberries. They can eat Smurfberry pie, Smurfberry sandwiches, all that, but it's always Smurfberry-related food. I didn't know that, that's just one example. Smurfette can be the only blonde; if there's going to be another girl, Smurfette's the only one that can be blonde. We just wanted to be sure we honored certain things. I think they're very happy with the result. We were very sensitive to what they wanted and didn't want. It was a great relationship.”

Asbury says his experience on Smurfs: The Lost Village was so positive that he would “love to make more of these,” adding that he’s “fallen in love with the characters.” After spending three-plus years in the world of the Smurfs, you might think he would be tired, but after 34 years as a story artist, director and writer, he’s gotten used to the large chunks of time that animated films can take up. “Whenever I start one, I always say, ‘Now it's my freshman year of high school again, and now I have to go through high school.’ My stepson went through college during this exact time that I've been making this movie, freshman year to senior, and when you look at it in that perspective it's always a little bit mind-boggling.” But he adds, “I do enjoy it. I don't mind the length of time. It's a bunch of short-term goals.”

Smurfs: The Lost Village is out in theaters April 7.

swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-08-2017 04:04 PM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The look on The Vanity Smurf Hybrid's face. Priceless.
Royal Smurf
Noble Smurf
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-09-2017 05:52 AM      Profile for Royal Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Spot the Differences, "Lost Village" edition! Find all 5 differences. Enjoy! [Smile]

-

Royal Smurf
Noble Smurf
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-09-2017 07:43 AM      Profile for Royal Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Another article I found. Enjoy.

Source:
https://411mania.com/movies/smurfs-the-lost-village-roundtable-interview-clips/

Smurfs: The Lost Village Roundtable Interview Clips

-

Recently, 411mania had the privilege of attending Sony Pictures Animation’s Feature Slate event, where the studio provided an early look at its upcoming animated feature offerings in the coming years. One such feature included the new CG animated feature starring the lovable creatures known as The Smurfs. Originating in comic form by the artist Peyo, The Smurfs evolved into a popular long-running franchise that encompassed animated cartoons and more recently, live action films. Smurfs: The Lost Village brings the lovable blue critters back to strictly animation in a new adventure where a group of Smurf heroes venture into a forbidden forest, where they discover a tribe comprised only of female Smurfs.

Sony Pictures shared an overall breakdown of the feature from director Kelly Asbury, along with some select footage of the film. One such scene included the Smurfs getting trapped in a cave and separated and humorously trying to find their way out. Some other footage showed the Smurfs meeting the tribe of female Smurfs for the first time. Later that day, 411mania took part in a roundtable session with the film’s stars Demi Lovato (Smurfette) and Joe Manganiello (Hefty Smurf), along with director Kelly Asbury.

Roundtable Interview Clips With Demi Lovato and Joe Manganiello

Sony has found its new Smurfette in Demi Lovato (Sonny With a Chance) and Hefty Smurf in Joe Manganiello (True Blood, Spider-Man). During the roundtable interview session, 411mania had the chance to ask about creating their voices and playing the roles for such an iconic, classic franchise.

Jeffrey Harris: At any point did either of you get to sing or chant the Smurfs theme song, which is probably very easy to remember?

Joe Manganiello: La la la la la la la, la la la la la. I grew up with the show. Do you know that song?

Demi Lovato: I don’t know the song.

Joe Manganiello: See? She’s a lot younger than me.

Demi Lovato: It’s familiar. It’s definitely familiar.

Joe Manganiello: I’m sure I probably did during some session when we were recording, but I don’t think it’s in the movie.

Jeffrey Harris: In creating your own personal voices for Smurfette and Hefty, did the crew provide you with any reference material to get you in that mode of playing them?

Joe Manganiello: Well, I saw all the artwork in my initial meeting. They were kind of pitching me the character. I saw all of that. Also being familiar with the show, I knew who Hefty was supposed to be. I think in my mind, I was thinking this big, strong guy who’s *this* big and packing all that. I think for me, the character came out of that. And thinking about juxtaposing that type of brawniness with the heart, so there was kind of two polar extremes to play off of.

Demi Lovato: There weren’t any references shown to me, but I kind of just played with a little bit. I raised my voice higher and made her sound a bit younger. I gave her a lot of energy, so that was pretty much what I did with that. I didn’t want to stray too much from my regular voice I guess because I was a little self-conscious.

Jeffrey Harris: So, let’s talk franchise. Are you on board for a trilogy or TV specials at all?

Joe Manganiello: I’m in for as long as they’ll have me.

Demi Lovato: Same.

Roundtable Interview Clips With Director Kelly Asbury

Kelly Asbury has been a force in the animation industry going back to the 1980s as an artist and animator for Walt Disney Animation. More recently, he’s served as the director of Shrek 2 and Gnomeo and Juliet. Asbury is a longtime fan of Peyo’s The Smurf. For this animated feature, he opted for a look that was much closer into the visual style of Peyo’s original comics, bringing the lovable blue Smurfs back to basics. He also reiterated that the Smurfs also only eat Smurf Berries.

Jeffrey Harris: Do any of the Smurfs at any point in the film sing the classic theme song?

Kelly Asbury: Yes. I will not tell you to what context, but yes they will. It’s in there. It’s in the movie. It’s definitely [in the movie].

Jeffrey Harris: Having been an integral part of Disney’s original animated motion picture of Beauty and the Beast, the first animated feature to receive a Best Picture nomination, what are your thoughts on Disney remaking the film in live action?

Kelly Asbury: Right. As with the other films they’re doing that are live action, when I first heard years ago that they were doing these movies, I was disturbed by it. Now, actually I’m kind of excited about it. When I saw Jungle Book, and I don’t think they’re replacing the animated [versions]. They’re not obliterating them from memory. They’re very different, so it’s OK with me. I’m OK with that. I love Disney, so I’m fine.

Jeffrey Harris: Are you thinking about future installments at all? Do you have a Smurfs saga in mind?

Kelly Asbury: Like Lord of the Smurfs *Laughs*, or Harry Potter?

Jeffrey Harris: Well, these characters have been on many adventures together. Do you have any ideas on adventures the Smurfs could go on next time?

Kelly Asbury: Yes, I do. If I absolutely had my way, I would say, “Yes, we’re going to do it.” I hope that the studio sees the way to do that. My fingers are crossed, but that all depends on the success of this [movie]. I love these characters, and I don’t want to leave them yet. It’s like when you read Tom Sawyer, the next thing you want to do is pick up Huckleberry Finn. And then when you’re in Huckleberry Finn, you’re like, “No! They’re gone!” I feel that way about these characters.

Jeffrey Harris: Could your next project be a Ghostbusters animated movie? Since Sony has taken the Smurfs from live-action to an animated feature, would you be interested in doing something similar with the Ghostbusters franchise?

Kelly Asbury: I have not been approached about that. I don’t have a specific next project. I’m talking about a few things. We’ll see what’s next. I think if you asked me to speak from the heart, it would be to make a sequel to this. I like this quite a lot, and I like working for Sony. Working for Sony and Kristine Belson has been a rewarding experience. She really trusts the filmmakers in a way that some studios don’t.

Jeffrey Harris: Can we expect any type of traditional animated sequences in this film, perhaps in the credits or the opening?

Kelly Asbury: No. This is fully CG, 3D and the 3D stereo-optical side of it is amazing. Go see it in 3D.

Jeffrey Harris: Who gets the credit for the shutter-bug/lady bug gag?

Kelly Asbury: That I have to give to two people. One is our writer Pamela Ribon came up with this idea in our script with a bug. She described it. The design of it I have to give to story artist Steve Fonti. So all of it is the melding of two ideas. I would say it’s the brainchild of Pam. When we read it, it was like, “OK. We got to do it.”

-

Thank you to the cast and crew for taking the time to speak with us. Smurfs: The Lost Village arrives in theaters on April 7.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  34  35  36   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.