Smurf at Last!       Smurfs 2 Movie
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  28  29  30    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » Smurfs 3 Movie 2017 (Page 2)
Author Topic: Smurfs 3 Movie 2017
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-11-2013 06:38 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
THE SMURFS 3 MOVIE PLOT

Hank Azaria discusses the story behind the third Smurfs movie during an interview...

While doing press for Smurfs 2, actor Hank Azaria (who plays the Smurf-hating wizard Gargamel) revealed that the next movie will reveal the origins story behind the Smurfs, and goes on to explain what he believes really happened to Gargamel in the past.

"I hear that the third movie, if there is one, might actually deal with the genuine origin of how all these characters ran into each other way back when."

"I imagine Gargamel having attended a Harry Potter-like academy in his youth for wizards, and was sort of the black sheep - first of all, wasn't very good. Second of all, he must have thought the way to really be a powerful magician is to grab these Smurfs and grab their essence and everybody must have said, 'You're an idiot. Don't waste your life doing that.' And he's been trying his whole life to prove them wrong."

Hank Azaria talks about The Smurfs 3

--------------------
I love playing Smurf Games!!!

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-11-2013 07:08 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
RAJA GOSNELL INTERVIEW

Raja Gosnell talks about inspiring the late legendary comedian Jonathan Winters and "The Smurfs 3" Movie.

Interview with Raja Gosnell - Director of The Smurfs Movies:

Raja Gosnell spoke about the likelihood of a third Smurfs outing, working with the late comedy legend Jonathan Winters on the voice of Papa Smurf and why audiences won't see Ryan Gosling cozying up to Smurfette any time soon.

"Smurfs 2" is one of Jonathan Winters' final film roles. What was it like to work with him?

When he came in to do the first movie, he was feeling forgotten by the world. After the first film became a big hit, his entire attitude changed and he was just more positive and engaged with life. It was wonderful to see him get embraced by the public again.

We feel just blessed that he was able to do this film with us. Jonathan's warmth and the resonance of his voice — its sincerity — he just was Papa.

Will it be difficult to envision another actor in the role of Papa Smurf if there is a "Smurfs 3"?

We don't like to count our Smurfs before they hatch, but if we are lucky enough to do "Smurfs 3," I assume that whoever takes over the role will have to reinvent Papa the way the Bond films have done. It won't be an impression of Jonathan.

How do you cast the Smurfs' human counterparts? You have an impressive list of actors like Neil Patrick Harris, Jayma Mays and Brendan Gleeson. Why did you think of them for this?

We set out to cast great actors with comedic skills, but we also wanted to find someone who the audience can believe is actually talking to a Smurf. It's not a science, it's just a gut feeling. But when I think of Jayma Mays, I can picture her talking to a Smurf.

Ryan Gosling or Ryan Reynolds, I don't know if those actors could seamlessly co-exist with the Smurfs.

You've directed two Smurfs films and two films based on Scooby Doo. Were you a huge fan of Saturday morning cartoons as a kid?

How did you guess? I was a huge, huge fan of Scoopy Doo and all the Warner Bros. cartoons. Any comedy timing I have is directly descendant from Chuck Jones.

If there is a third Smurfs movie, will you direct it?

Absolutely. I have fun every single day making these movies. My hope is that they will grow in the direction of the Harry Potter films and get deeper and deeper and that the audiences will grow along with us.

There are lot of stories to be told — and 50 years of Peyo's work to dig into.

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-11-2013 07:13 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
THE SMURFS 3 RELEASE DATE: AUGUST 14, 2015

Sony Pictures has changed the release date for The Smurfs 3 movie from July 24, 2015 to August 14, 2015.

In addition to the USA release date, here are some more release dates for around the world.

"The Smurfs 3" Release Dates:

Belgium - 22 July 2015
Netherlands - 22 July 2015
UK - 24 July 2015
Denmark - 30 July 2015
Germany - 6 August 2015
Peru - 6 August 2015
USA - 14 August 2015

--------------------

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-11-2013 09:23 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
This is fantastic. Thank you so much, Sassette. [Big Grin]
Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-12-2013 05:27 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sassette:
Smurfs 3 Movie

I am totally smurfed about the Smurfs 3!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

masked smurf
Smurf
Member # 5040

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-12-2013 11:18 AM      Profile for masked smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I liked the poster of the movie The Smurfs 3, More lacked the background to be blue, yellow did not sit well in my opinion! [Eek!] [Wink] [Happy Smurf] [Roll Eyes] [Smile] [Wild Smurf]
Posts: 447 | From: Manaus Am Brazil | Registered: Oct 2013
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-12-2013 04:45 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I still think that Kiff VandenHeuvel would make a good replacement voice for Papa Smurf if Jack Angel ends up on the "eternally unavailable" list in the next year.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Rugratskid
Smurfling
Member # 5114

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 12-13-2013 02:26 PM      Profile for Rugratskid       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Wow, that was quick!
Linkin Smurf
Smurf
Member # 4917

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-13-2013 05:22 PM      Profile for Linkin Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Let's hope this can bring a comeback to the box-office failing Smurfs 2

--------------------
My Smurf Nickname: Wacky Smurf

My Deviantart: http://thatonesmurfx103-9.deviantart.com/

My Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~thatonesmurfx1039

Posts: 388 | From: Smurf Village in Toronto | Registered: Jul 2013
Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-13-2013 05:37 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by thatonesmurfx103.9:

Smurfs 2 failed at the box office? Really? I don't see why. It was so much better than the first, and it was the first that was a major success. Doesn't make sense to me. I think 3 will be successful. Especially since it's going to be an origin story taking place in their own world.
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-13-2013 06:59 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
And still no love for Sweepy Smurf. Darn.

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Linkin Smurf
Smurf
Member # 4917

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-13-2013 07:15 PM      Profile for Linkin Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shaney Smurf:
quote:
Originally posted by thatonesmurfx103.9:

Smurfs 2 failed at the box office? Really? I don't see why. It was so much better than the first, and it was the first that was a major success. Doesn't make sense to me. I think 3 will be successful. Especially since it's going to be an origin story taking place in their own world.

True, but look at the stars, the ratings were kinda low and a lot of people say it wasn't that good, but I don't believe them

--------------------
My Smurf Nickname: Wacky Smurf

My Deviantart: http://thatonesmurfx103-9.deviantart.com/

My Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~thatonesmurfx1039

Posts: 388 | From: Smurf Village in Toronto | Registered: Jul 2013
gangster smurf
Smurfling
Member # 5107

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 12-14-2013 12:03 AM      Profile for gangster smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
That is good and smurfy

but i have watched smurf two

--------------------
gangster

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-16-2013 09:43 AM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by VicGeorge2010:
And still no love for Sweepy Smurf. Darn.

I wouldn't expect Sweepy to be in any of the films. He was a one off character in one episode. So it's understandable.
TheOneAndOnlyVexy
Smurfling
Member # 5137

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 01-10-2014 10:18 PM      Profile for TheOneAndOnlyVexy       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! CAN NOT WAIT! [Smile] [Frown] [Confused] [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz] [Cool] [Roll Eyes] [Mad] [Eek!] [Embarrassed] [yum!] [GNAP!] [Santa Smurf] [Pirate Smurf] [Football Smurf] [Graduate Smurf] [Gargamel] [Azrael] [Smurfette] [Angel Smurf] [Vanity Smurf] [Techno Smurf] [Swoof] [Astro Smurf] [King Smurf] [Sleeping Smurf] [Enamored Smurf] [Clown Smurf] [Clown Smurf] [Wild Smurf] [Viking Smurf] [Sassette Smurfling] [Happy Smurf] [King Tut Smurf] [Uncle Sam] [Scuba Smurf]

--------------------
If You Like Me, The You Can Support Me.

And One More Thing...

Vexy: Father's Gonna Love This!!!! (Line From Smurfs 2)

Smurfette
Smurfalicious
Member # 4140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-27-2014 07:41 PM      Profile for Smurfette   Author's Homepage  Smurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I have been contacted by my friends at Sony Pictures Animation! They tell me that The Smurfs 3 is already being played out for production.
TheOneAndOnlyVexy
Smurfling
Member # 5137

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 01-31-2014 07:58 PM      Profile for TheOneAndOnlyVexy       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
YES! YES! THANK SMURF THX FOR THE INFO! I'M GOING TO POST FROM WHAT I EXPECT FROM THIS RIGHT NOW!

--------------------
If You Like Me, The You Can Support Me.

And One More Thing...

Vexy: Father's Gonna Love This!!!! (Line From Smurfs 2)

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-26-2014 06:58 AM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
A good friend of mine shared this link with me last night. Apparently Sony Pictures has decided to have Smurfs 3 entirely animated and not live action. The link to the article is as follows:

'Smurfs 3' Will Be Animated, Not Live-Action

After the second film in the "Smurfs" franchise took in quite a bit less than its predecessor, execs at studio Sony are shaking up the series for the third installment, and making "The Smurfs 3" entirely animated.

Variety reports that while the first "Smurfs" film, released in 2011, made $563.7 million on a budget of about $110 million, "Smurfs 2" took a considerable dip: the 2013 sequel made more than $200 million less, taking in $347.5 million with a budget of $105 million.

While "Smurfs 2" was by no means a flop, those numbers have made Sony nervous, and they're looking to shake things up for the next outing, ditching the live action/animation hybrid format for complete animation. Variety reports that the studio is "fast tracking" "Smurfs 3" in an effort to up its number of tentpole franchises, which right now consists almost exclusively of the "Spider-Man" films.

"The Smurfs 3" is due out August 14, 2015.

http://news.moviefone.com/2014/02/25/smurfs-3-animated/

What are your thoughts on this? Personally I'm excited. Especially since this is going to be an origin story set in their time. I think it's great that it will be completely animated since we've already had two films in live action.

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-26-2014 04:12 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
What exciting news! Although I'll miss seeing Hank Azaria playing Gargamel, I'm VERY curious and excited to see what they eventually come up with!

Smurfaroo - thanks for posting the news!

[Happy Smurf]

I still find it interesting that the first Smurf movie made $563 million and 74% ($421 million) of it came from the foreign box office!

There was never a real threat of the second movie not being made. Sony had already locked in $150 million in promotions (with more than 100 partners) before the movie was even released! They were in the green from the start. Although I'm sure they hoped for similar (or better!) results than the first movie.

I wonder what the promotion deal is for this 3rd movie?

--------------------

Richrod Smurf
Smurf
Member # 5003

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-26-2014 07:03 PM      Profile for Richrod Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Sassette - I finally saw "Smurfs 2" this past weekend via YouTube, and I loved it! The only thing I really didn't like about the story was the crude humor that Raja Gosnell and company just had to throw in, such as saying "smurf" instead of a swear word or frequent jokes about body parts (was having Grandpa Victor become a naked human from a duck in-flight really necessary?) [Frown]

I've heard lots of reasons why moviegoers didn't like "Smurfs 2"--retconning Smurfette's origin as a Naughtie, introducing the Naughties in the first place, time-traveling to the present day instead of keeping it in the Smurf Village--but the lowbrow humor was the one complaint I heard the most. Maybe that's why the sequel didn't do so well as the first.

But whatever the reason was, the dropoff in revenue between the first and second films here in the USA is a real shock. No wonder Sony swept it into the portal (so to speak) and focused instead on the more successful "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2". The executives at Sony must really be shaking in their smurfs to make the third film all-animated instead of a hybrid.

Last time I heard, they were thinking about scrapping the trilogy idea altogether and end it at two. But they've already invested hundreds of millions (if not billions) into the trilogy, and they have an obligation to Studio Peyo and the Cullifords to complete it, so I guess they're scrambling to make good and smurf out with a bang. All I know is that when Smurf fans keep telling me my version of Vexy with brown hair is better than the official one from the film, that's not a good sign at all. [Frown]

Posts: 330 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii | Registered: Sep 2013
Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-27-2014 08:48 AM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
You are very welcome, Sassette. I'll miss seeing Hank Azaria as well, but I'm sure he'll still be doing the voice for ol' Gargy. [Big Grin]

Rich, I agree with you about toilet and other crude humor. Don't really care for it. However, I'm not surprised, because that has been the growing trend in the media and society since the 80s. I believe it was the Canadian Show "You Can't Do That On Television", that also aired on Nickelodeon, is what helped start the trend. I was a bit surprised by the naked Grandpa Victor gag, though. Felt that was a bit too much. lol

Should be interesting to see an all animated feature, though. The article doesn't say if it's going to be CGI animated like Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs was, or if it's going to be toon animated like the Smurfs Christmas Carol and Sleepy Hallow (still have to see that one). I personally would love to see a full featured Smurfs film that is toon animated.

Oakley Smurf
Brainy Smurf Snaeha
Member # 2823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-27-2014 08:52 AM      Profile for Oakley Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Sony knew they played The Smurfs safe for too long now They listened to the fans' demand (i was one of them) which in this case a Fully Animated movie.
At least they didn't let the franchise suffered the same fate as Alvin and the Chipmunks,now it's a win-win situation for both fans and Sony.
I knew they would change their minds!
Now make a movie worthy of the franchise Sony,you made the right choice!

--------------------
I'm Brainy Smurf's alter ego one that didn't wearing glasses...for now...
"Eyesight 200/20 but I always see what's on my mind"

Posts: 691 | From: Bangkok,Thailand | Registered: May 2009
SmurfLoverJen
Smurfling
Member # 5184

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 02-27-2014 11:33 AM      Profile for SmurfLoverJen       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm an agent representing Jokey Smurf. He would really like more screen time in "Smurfs 3".

He is willing to give up his demands for blue M&M's only; willing to give up the request for Cristal champagne; and willing to give up his request for C-4 explosives.

However, he will stand firm in his demand for 50 pizzas per meal (pepperoni, green pepper - absolutely no mushrooms!) and a case of beer in his trailer; a Queen-Sized bed to nap in; his own personal trailer; and all the yellow boxes and red ribbon that he can get. He also requires computer access for playing jokes on his co-stars.

He also requests Chef Smurf as his personal caterer.

Signed,
The agent of a 30+ year old plush smurf named Jokey. (who says us middle aged smurf fans can't have a sense of humor).

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-27-2014 12:11 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
For Smurfs 3 to be fully animated, it has to better be completely CGI, or else it can go straight to video like A Christmas Carol and The Legend Of Smurfy Hollow if it's going to be just 2D animation. Just DON'T CALL IT SMURFS 3 if that's the case.

--------------------

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-27-2014 01:51 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It doesn't have to be straight to video just because it's 2D traditional toon animation, Vic. Why would you say that? How many full length feature films did we grow up to over the years that were traditional toon animation? That's what they always were until 3D CGI came on the scene in 1995. Just because they have CGI now doesn't mean traditional toon animation should be straight to video only now. I don't agree with that logic.
Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  28  29  30   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

SMURF PICTURES, SMURF WALLPAPER & SMURF ICONS - AND MUCH MORE!
Searching for Smurf pictures? What about Smurf wallpaper or Smurf icons? You can view our menu of thousands of Smurf pics and check out all of our Smurfs merchandise on the main page - click here!
Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2017 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees. Want to help make the site better? Then take our smurfy survey here!   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.