Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie                     Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » Crochet Creations, By Rowena (Page 1)
Author Topic: Crochet Creations, By Rowena
Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-28-2011 04:33 AM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I just finished a crochet Smurfette doll. I made up the pattern, so I suppose it counts as art. [Cool] What do you think?

-

--------------------
"It is easy to pretend we are strong. It is much harder to admit we are weak. A true friend, by loving every part of us, teaches us to love our weaknesses."
~Quotation from Brainy Smurf

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RowenaZahnreiCrafts?ref=si_shop

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-28-2011 09:05 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Rowena: I really like the crochet Smurfette doll you did. [Big Grin] Very creative [Big Grin]

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 11-01-2011 03:08 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Rowena, of course your crochet Smurftte is an artwork, and how delightful it is! Her dress is simply adorable. [Smurfette]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4900 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
POPE SMURF
Smurf
Member # 3263

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-02-2011 12:13 AM      Profile for POPE SMURF       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Rowena if you made that Smurfette crochet pattern then I would say it is ART and no one can take that away from you! WAY TO GO!!! Sure is a cutey.

--------------------
MAY YOU HAVE A MAGNIFICENTLY SMURFY DAY !!!

Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-02-2011 02:43 AM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm relieved you guys think my crochet dolls are art too. [Smile] When I'm making them, I feel like I'm making a sculpture using math and yarn. It's the kind of hobby that drives you absolutely nuts while you're working it out, but ends up feeling worth it when you've finished the project. LOL!

--------------------
"It is easy to pretend we are strong. It is much harder to admit we are weak. A true friend, by loving every part of us, teaches us to love our weaknesses."

POPE SMURF
Smurf
Member # 3263

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-02-2011 11:51 AM      Profile for POPE SMURF       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
My wife has known how to crochet since before I knew her and what you are doing cannot be easy!
[Angel Smurf]

--------------------
MAY YOU HAVE A MAGNIFICENTLY SMURFY DAY !!!

Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-15-2011 07:09 AM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi Everyone! Look what I made! It's Handy and Marina!

-

My brother asked me to make him a Handy Smurf as a Christmas present, and I thought, well, if I'm making Handy, why not figure out how to make Marina too! LOL! What do you think?

-
 -

--------------------

SmurfFan82874
Super Smurf
Member # 3926

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-15-2011 12:01 PM      Profile for SmurfFan82874   Author's Homepage  SmurfFan82874's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Very Smurfy indeed! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Have a smurfy day!

SmurfFan82874
smurffan@bluebuddies.com

main e-mail: tpennie@comcast.net
secondary e-mail: twpsidewinder74@gmail.com
registered e-mail: nspennie@yahoo.com

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-15-2011 12:59 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Those are absolutely Smurfy dolls, Rowena [Big Grin] Excellent work!

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-15-2011 10:17 PM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Very pretty. Especially Marina.

--------------------
Every day in every way I am smurfy!

Posts: 421 | From: Kissimmee, Florida | Registered: Jan 2005
Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-16-2011 01:12 AM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks! I had to try three times to get that pencil to look right, and Marina's ears took a few tries too, but even with all the frustration, this yarn sculpting stuff is fun! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-17-2011 04:00 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Awwwwwwwwww, they look adorable, and I love the care you put in details (eg Handy's pencil and dungarees - is that a pocket in front of it? - and Marina's ear fins), delightful work. [Enamored Smurf]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4900 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-18-2011 12:06 AM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks so much, Squeaky! Yep, that's a pocket! I figured he needed a place to carry his ruler and nails and things. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-20-2011 06:08 AM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi Everyone!

I've been getting some questions about my crochet dolls, so I figured the best thing to do would be to start a new topic where you guys could chat with me and I could answer questions directly without derailing other peoples' topics. [Big Grin]

Here's some background about me and my shop.

I opened an online Etsy shop this September in hopes of earning some money to help fund research trips for my thesis. Here's the address:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RowenaZahnreiCrafts?ref=si_shop&view_type=list

The research trips are frighteningly expensive and, although I've been applying for funding, the university can only provide limited assistance. So, I figured, why not put my crochet hobby to work for me? After all, every little bit helps, even if it just pays for bus fare! [Big Grin]

Each custom doll featured in my shop is handmade by me from my own made-up patterns, which I'm always tweaking, so each doll I make is unique!

My Smurf dolls are made from a special pattern I hammered out this summer after watching the Smurfs movie in 3D in the theater. Here's a photo of my first practice Smurf doll: Brainy!

-

As you can see, he's "actual size" - about three apples high!

Since then, I've made a number of improvements to my Smurf doll pattern, including hands with fingers, better-fitting hats, and more stable feet.

All prices for my handmade dolls are listed at my shop. They may look a little high, but the British pound is more than the US dollar, and yarn and stuffing and other materials here in the UK aren't cheap. But, since you guys are Smurf fans like me, I can make you a special offer. If you want to purchase one or more of my dolls, and you contact me here to let me know which one(s) you intend to buy, I can lower the price by $6.10 for a single doll or $10.00 for two or more dolls so that, for that day only, the shipping, for you, will be free. I'll pay the packaging and shipping/handling costs for you myself.

If you'd like to request a Smurf who isn't listed, just smurf me a message here and, once the doll's complete, I'll post it at my shop and leave a message here to let you know it's done. If you like it, and you still want to buy, you can contact me here and I'll lower the price for you so the shipping, on that day only, will be free.

It usually takes me about 4-7 days to crochet a custom doll on request, depending on my workload at school and the level of detail required.

Thank you for your interest in my crochet dolls, and if you have any questions or comments about them, or my shop, just let me know! [Big Grin]

Smurfy wishes to you all,
Rowena
[Cool]

Here are some pictures of my dolls!

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Oh, P.S: I can make other stuff too, like scarves and hats and whatnot. You know, if you're interested...
[Cool]

--------------------

Wizard Smurf
Smurf
Member # 4023

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-21-2011 01:41 AM      Profile for Wizard Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I like Azrael...

--------------------
Do If what your Smurfin!

Tabby Smurf
MrsHandySmurf
Member # 3715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-21-2011 03:54 PM      Profile for Tabby Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Wheres Handy!!! lol but i saw the the prices for the dolls and i must admit the prices are somewhat high, but i do agree with them, they must be very hard to make and u need money for suplise.( plus shipping and handleing )LOL

--------------------
Swag is for Boys, Class is for Ninja!!!

Posts: 619 | From: Handy Smurf/ MrsHandySmurf mushroom, Smurf Village | Registered: Jul 2011
Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-21-2011 04:13 PM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Ah, well, that particular Handy doll actually belongs to my brother now. I only put up pictures of the dolls I currently have on my shelves. But, like I said, I can always make another! [Big Grin]

Yeah, it takes a lot of work to make these little guys. I usually work on them while I'm reading, which is almost always. LOL! Also, it's helpful to have something to do with your hands when you're nervous about an upcoming assignment. But yeah, a lot of time and a lot of thought, and a LOT of yarn and stuffing go into each doll. [Big Grin]

Remember, if you like any of my dolls and you want to own one, just let me know here and I'll lower the price for you for that day to cancel out the shipping cost!

--------------------

Tabby Smurf
MrsHandySmurf
Member # 3715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-22-2011 01:03 PM      Profile for Tabby Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
i would love a Handy Smurf doll. i dont really have anything Handy besides my drawings

--------------------

Posts: 619 | From: Handy Smurf/ MrsHandySmurf mushroom, Smurf Village | Registered: Jul 2011
Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-22-2011 03:50 PM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Well, if you'd like to commission a doll, I'd be very happy to make one for you. You'd have to buy it from my Etsy shop.

Here's the procedure:

1. Get the OK from your folks.

2. Confirm the commission here, specifically requesting the doll you intend to buy.

3. Once I read your confirmation message here, I'll cancel the shipping and handling charge on the doll at my Etsy shop and confirm that here. The lowered price will be in effect until midnight (UK time) that day (that's 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time).

4. You order the doll at my Etsy shop within the time frame indicated above. (If you don't place your order by then, the shipping and handling charge will go back into effect.)

5. I send you a message to confirm your order.

6. I make the doll (it'll take about 7 days, because Handy's pretty complicated and has lots of detail), then I'll send you a message when it's done, and another once I've shipped it.

7. Enjoy your doll! [Big Grin]

So, if you really want me to crochet you one of my dolls, that's all you gotta do, and I'll get to work on it right away. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Tabby Smurf
MrsHandySmurf
Member # 3715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-22-2011 04:02 PM      Profile for Tabby Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
i'l see if my parents say its ok and i'l let u know when i get an answer [Big Grin]

--------------------

Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-22-2011 04:08 PM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Sounds smurfy. [Smile]

--------------------

Rocker Smurf
Smurf
Member # 3178

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-22-2011 04:32 PM      Profile for Rocker Smurf  Rocker Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'll make a note of your shop as well. I might need to keep hold of some money for Christmas presents, but if I have £20 to spare, I would definitely like to buy a Marina from you. I love how you've made her, although I wonder if she looks a little bit darker than she does in her episodes. That could be down to the lighting in some of your photos though, but nonetheless, she's still very cute and would sit smurfily with my Handy plush.

I also just noticed from your shop that you ship within the United Kingdom. I think I should note that I am also UK-based, which should make postage cheaper and easier for you.

--------------------
Smurf yourself a smile and have a smurfy day!

Posts: 217 | From: Smurfy old England | Registered: Apr 2010
Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-22-2011 04:48 PM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Cool! Thanks!

Yeah, I'm currently studying at a UK university, but I'm going home to the US for Christmas to see my family. That'll be in mid-December. Can't wait! [Big Grin]

And, yeah, my Marina doll is actually a little darker than in the episodes because the local craft shop didn't have any lavender or lime yarn, only mulberry and fern. Still, I think she's cute too. [Scuba Smurf]

Thanks very much for your interest in my dolls!!! [Cool]

--------------------

Tabby Smurf
MrsHandySmurf
Member # 3715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-23-2011 10:47 AM      Profile for Tabby Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
im from the US too!!! but still no answer yet on the Handy doll. you mentioned somthing about taking off the shipping price in one of the messages, what would the price be without shipping/ handleing??? i think i have enough money to buy it or pay back my mom for a christmas present to myself (Besides the smurf movie coming out Dec 2, so excited!!! [Big Grin] )

--------------------

Rowena
Smurf
Member # 4018

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-23-2011 01:28 PM      Profile for Rowena   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Without the shipping and handling charge, the price for a custom made Handy doll would be £26.45. That's about $39.99. Shipping and handling to the US adds an extra $6.10 to the price.

I have the Smurf movie on pre-order, but I'll have to wait to watch it until I get home. *sigh* I really want to see the Smurfs' Christmas Carol! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.