Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie                     Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » I'm building a smurf village for Christmas! (Page 1)
Author Topic: I'm building a smurf village for Christmas!
rino
Smurfling
Member # 3988

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted 10-03-2011 10:24 PM      Profile for rino       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi, I love the smurfs and I decided this year I would create a smurf village and place it in my front yard. So I went to Hobby Lobby, I got some wet clay, and I began modeling. So far I made two of them. It takes a lot of time to build one house, but I would like to make at least another 5 of the small ones and place them in the front yard with lights inside of them and lots of plants to recreate a wood scene! Plus I have a lot of 2 inch smurfs to populate the village!

Small smurf house

Big smurf house

--------------------
Rino

POPE SMURF
Smurf
Member # 3263

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-03-2011 10:41 PM      Profile for POPE SMURF       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
WOW!! RINO I AM IMPRESSED!!!!
I can't stop thinking about one thing though...
what will the weather do to your totally wonderful diorama? [Angel Smurf]

--------------------
MAY YOU HAVE A MAGNIFICENTLY SMURFY DAY !!!

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-03-2011 11:50 PM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
THAT IS THE SMURFIEST THING!!! AWESOME JOB RINO! I can't wait to see it full of smurfs!

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

rino
Smurfling
Member # 3988

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-04-2011 12:18 AM      Profile for rino       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I will burn my sculptures in a fire pit so that it will become weather resistant!

--------------------
Rino

LaSchtroumpfette
Smurfling
Member # 3976

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 10-04-2011 02:32 AM      Profile for LaSchtroumpfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Nice work! Makes me wanna go and build one myself.
BlueTiger10
Super Smurfette / Reporter Smurfette
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-04-2011 03:35 AM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oo-la-la! I want to build a Smurf village like that! I can't wait!

--------------------
http://www.Twitter.com/HubermanProject

Posts: 947 | From: City Island, Bronx, NY USA | Registered: Nov 2010
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-04-2011 05:00 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
That is sooooo SMURFY! You are very talented. I can't wait to see your Smurf Village progress! Please keep us posted!!!

Keep on Smurfin!

[Sassette Smurfling]

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Animator Smurf
Sam Gamgee Smurf
Member # 3898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-04-2011 07:22 AM      Profile for Animator Smurf  Animator Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Absosmufly INCREDIBLE! I make Smurfs out of Plasticine, and I've never used clay. But, that is just mind- blowing! You make it look so easy! You're a Natural! Welcome to BlueBuddies, rino! Hope you like it! [Smile] [Graduate Smurf]

--------------------
Metsu-Hadoken!

Posts: 1258 | From: Minas Tirith, Gondor | Registered: Sep 2011
SmurfFan82874
Super Smurf
Member # 3926

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-04-2011 07:33 AM      Profile for SmurfFan82874   Author's Homepage  SmurfFan82874's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Absosmurfly amazing, Rino! Very good craftsmanship! Do you do clay modelling professionally? Look forward to seeing your progress and seeing it "in living color." [Big Grin]

--------------------
Have a smurfy day!

SmurfFan82874
smurffan@bluebuddies.com

main e-mail: tpennie@comcast.net
secondary e-mail: twpsidewinder74@gmail.com
registered e-mail: nspennie@yahoo.com

rino
Smurfling
Member # 3988

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-06-2011 10:27 AM      Profile for rino       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
So far this is the first house I have completed with paint:
 -

These are the other houses I have build in chronological order. I believe I am getting better and better the more houses I make...

October 5, 2011

-

October 14, 2011
 -

October 14, 2011

-

October 15, 2011

-

November 3, 2011

-

November 5, 2011

-

I think I am not going to make any more because it takes two to three weeks to dry up these pieces before putting them in the kiln (and Christmas is getting too close!!!). Then they have to fire in the kiln for about 14 hours, and then they have to cool down for another 9 hours. Only then I am able to paint them. So far I am firing the second smurf house, and it should be done firing in about 2 hours (and then it will have to cool down in the kiln for another 9 hours before I can actually open the kiln, otherwise the clay would explode from the drastic change in temperature...

This is my kiln!!! It is a model from the 1940s!!!! I bought it on Craigslist for only $50, and it is all worth the money! They sell new kilns in the range of $1,000 today!

To say the truth, when I bought the kiln from a very old man, the kiln did not have a top lid and it also missed the plugs to close the peepholes. This man used this kiln when he was a little boy with his mother. His mother used to spend the time before Christmas to create something in clay with the children, fire them, and then ask the children to give what they made to somebody they care for. I loved listening to his story and now I love having this kiln even more!

I had to go to the manufacturer at Paragon to get a new lid and the plugs. They wanted $130 in total, but still it was a very good deal. So I spent a total of $180 for the kiln including the money paid to the old owner. But now I am really happy I made this choice because I also like gardening and I will have a kiln ready for anything that I want to create and display in my garden!

I can't wait to post the picture of the Christmas setting in the front yard! I have a cool idea in my mind!

This is the first time I use clay, I have never used it before in my life, not even in school! It was--and it still is--a learning process since the very first time I saw the first piece of clay I bought about a month ago!

-

-

After the clay is bisque-fired in the kiln, I will be able to keep my smurf houses outdoor forever without worrying about melting under the rain! Isn't that cool! I think that after Christmas I am actually going to move them in the back yard and make a little meadow for them and the smurfs!

--------------------
Rino

rino
Smurfling
Member # 3988

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-06-2011 10:28 AM      Profile for rino       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Happy Smurfing!

--------------------
Rino

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-06-2011 12:55 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I can't wait to see it!

--------------------

SmurfFan82874
Super Smurf
Member # 3926

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-06-2011 03:48 PM      Profile for SmurfFan82874   Author's Homepage  SmurfFan82874's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks again for sharing! Your work as well as the story of your kiln. [Big Grin]

As for your lack of training in clay modeling, I'd say you've overcome that! What you've posted is very impressive.

I look forward to seeing your finished project! [Eek!] [Santa Smurf]

--------------------
Have a smurfy day!

SmurfFan82874
smurffan@bluebuddies.com

main e-mail: tpennie@comcast.net
secondary e-mail: twpsidewinder74@gmail.com
registered e-mail: nspennie@yahoo.com

rino
Smurfling
Member # 3988

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-12-2011 09:06 PM      Profile for rino       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here you go, so far I painted 4 of the smurf houses! I have the 5th ready to be primed, the 6th in the kiln, the 7th in the oven to dry up, and the 8th still behind!

-

-

--------------------
Rino

rino
Smurfling
Member # 3988

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-20-2011 09:56 PM      Profile for rino       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Horray! I finished my Smurf houses! Just in time for the Thanksgiving week! After Thanksgiving, me and my boyfriend Todd will spend the weekend decorating the house for Christmas, and I can't wait to show the pictures!!!!

-

-

--------------------
Rino

rino
Smurfling
Member # 3988

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-20-2011 09:58 PM      Profile for rino       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
If you would like to see a detailed picture of a particular house, just ask, I will put it online as soon as I can!

Rino

--------------------
Rino

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-21-2011 04:33 AM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oooh! It's beautiful!

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted 11-21-2011 07:46 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oh my smurfness... Such a patient and awesome work!! It was great seeing your work being developed - with wonderful results! Your Smurfs must be very happy to have houses like those to live in. Thanks for sharing! [Enamored Smurf]
And I enjoyed the story involving your kiln. Its former owners were surely nice and creative people! [Big Grin]
Oh, and yes, it would be very kind of you if you could post a detailed pic of a Smurf house. Thanks since now! [Wink]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4900 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Smurf My Turf
Smurfling
Member # 3657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-22-2011 11:59 AM      Profile for Smurf My Turf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I wish I could sculpt clay like that! It's amazing, rino!!!

--------------------
I want My Turf Smurfed this instant!

rino
Smurfling
Member # 3988

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-02-2011 12:13 AM      Profile for rino       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
There you go! Merry Christmas and enjoy the view!!!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Rino

rino
Smurfling
Member # 3988

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-02-2011 12:32 AM      Profile for rino       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Rino

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-02-2011 01:11 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
What a spectacle!

--------------------

lisa
Smurf
Member # 694

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-12-2014 05:00 AM      Profile for lisa  lisa's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
OK, I know this post is old...
but I love the smurf village, a really good job,
love the photos.

--------------------
smurfing

Lisa Astrup
Denmark

BlueSibie
Smurfling
Member # 5294

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted 06-29-2014 11:47 AM      Profile for BlueSibie  BlueSibie's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Wow Rino...you are a genius! You have amazing skills with clay and are very inspiring. I will eventually make a whole Smurf village and have been looking into different materials to make the huts with. I love what you did!
Posts: 1 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Jun 2014
rino
Smurfling
Member # 3988

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-05-2014 09:52 AM      Profile for rino       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
This year I did it again! However, we moved to another home.... but this time we turned the home... blue for the 2014 Christmas!

Enjoy!

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Rino

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.