Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie                     Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » Smurfs at McDonalds (Page 7)
Author Topic: Smurfs at McDonalds
Debbie
Smurf
Member # 2688

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-25-2011 09:44 PM      Profile for Debbie   Author's Homepage  Debbie's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I kinda feel that way about the new movie itself, Miss Cassidy. CGI Smurfs running around New York City with today's "edgy" humor (using Smurf in place of curse words) and potty humor ("Who Smurfed?") is not how I would have reintroduced The Smurfs to today's kids.

--------------------
http://www.fluffyandmervin.com

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted 08-25-2011 09:56 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
This kind of humor, which is not typical of Smurf comics and cartoons, could have been perfectly dispensed in the movie. It was the only thing I disliked. [GNAP!] [Frown] [Pirate Smurf]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4900 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
MissCassidy
Super Smurf
Member # 3409

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-26-2011 10:49 PM      Profile for MissCassidy   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
@ Debbie

Yeah, that topic alone get's me on a soap box. Although, I did just smile and nod along knowing it was not as bad as Alvin and the Chipmunks. Still, there was one

alligator moment

A scene that comes at a random time, has no bearing on the overall plot of the story, and is completely and utterly insane that it leaves the audience going "what the heck was that?" afterward. This moment was....
The whole Rockband sequence where the Smurfs are singing to Aerosmith. That was a classic B.L.A.M. The only thing I can think of is that it was included to make the kiddies happy and to let the animators show off. The whole movie could have been fine w/o that scene.

(PS Debbie I love your Original Smurfette icon!) [Big Grin]

The other issue I had with it, was all the product placement. I mean really? It was ridiculous, from Blue Man Group to Google... nothing was held back. [Roll Eyes]

I know that most of this stuff is not really the animator's feelings. It is mostly the writers and the people who pay the production company to have their stuff advertised. I guess that is the way the movies are going too. No surprises there.
[Roll Eyes]

Still, there were some golden moments in the movie. I love how they did Poppa Smurf. [Smile] The stork scene. The inclusion of the castle in the opening, and the nod to Peyo in the antique shop.

I also liked Azrael. They animated him perfectly!!! [Azrael]

--------------------
Rise Avalon!

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-27-2011 01:51 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sassette:
Here are the McDonald's Happy Meal Toy Smurfs coming out in September in Australia.

-
McDonalds Smurfs in Australia

Yeah Squeaky I want the Grouchy Popcorn Walker too it's so cool!!

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

VicyJoe
Smurf
Member # 3538

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-27-2011 02:51 AM      Profile for VicyJoe       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
I kinda feel that way about the new movie itself, Miss Cassidy. CGI Smurfs running around New York City with today's "edgy" humor (using Smurf in place of curse words) and potty humor ("Who Smurfed?") is not how I would have reintroduced The Smurfs to today's kids.

The original comics did include content that may not be appropriate for children:

a) such as the Black/Purple Smurfs shown biting the tails of their victims (The Black/Purple Smurfs).

Biting Smurf Tails

b) Papa Smurf using a bellow to smack a Black Smurf in the jaw (The Black/Purple Smurfs).

Smack a Fake Smurf

c) Papa Smurf getting vengeful and forcing Gargamel to taste his creation (The Robot Smurf). I was quite shocked to see this and it seems out of character for the Papa Smurf I know.

Papa Smurf's Revenge

d) A Peeping Tom Smurf that gets excited seeing Smurfette taking a shower outside the village (You Don't Smurf Progress).

Perverted Smurf

e) Questionably moral actions, such as the Smurfs getting revenge against Gargamel or stealing things from him. They had to wonder why he continues to hate them and determines to get his revenge. No need to put more fuel into Gargamel's "fire."

Even with the "objectable" content in the comics, at least there is nothing in them that contains "edgy" humor found in the CGI/live-action film.

Debbie
Smurf
Member # 2688

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-27-2011 07:28 AM      Profile for Debbie   Author's Homepage  Debbie's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'll be the first to admit that my objections to the way they made the new Smurfs movie are the product of my looking at the Smurfs through nostalgia-colored glasses. Most of your examples are fairly typical of cartoon humor (the tail biting was kept in the Hanna-Barbera cartoon, although mostly implied with the actual biting occurring off-screen), although the Peeping Tom Smurf scene seems more like something you'd read in a manga rather than a Smurf comic!

--------------------
http://www.fluffyandmervin.com

aprilsmurfling
Smurf
Member # 3862

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-27-2011 08:23 AM      Profile for aprilsmurfling   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -
I just got my first smurf fom McDonalds here in Sweden and I honestly don't think they look so good.. [Yeah, I ordered double up XD ]

--------------------
Check out my smurf pics and zodacsigns in smurf style here -> http://wintergrape95.deviantart.com/

BlueTiger10
Super Smurfette / Reporter Smurfette
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-27-2011 11:20 AM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Nice photo!

--------------------
http://www.Twitter.com/HubermanProject

Posts: 947 | From: City Island, Bronx, NY USA | Registered: Nov 2010
MissCassidy
Super Smurf
Member # 3409

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-27-2011 01:46 PM      Profile for MissCassidy   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hmm that is true. I am surprised to see the "Peeping Tom" Smurf. However many people will go "I KNEW IT" and be all happy that this confirms what everyone suspected about Smurfette. LOL.

Poor girl.

--------------------
Rise Avalon!

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-28-2011 10:03 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Smurfy photo, aprilsmurfling! Thanks for sharing it.

I especially like the Happy Meal Boxes - very cute!
[Enamored Smurf]

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-28-2011 10:06 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
McDonalds and The Smurfs...

-
It's Ronald McDonald & Smurfette!

[Smurfette]

--------------------

sweepy smurf
Smurf
Member # 3528

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-28-2011 10:11 AM      Profile for sweepy smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
ronold creeps m out on so many levels itts not even funny...okay maby it is [Smile]

--------------------
have a smurfy day

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-28-2011 11:07 AM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Holy Toledo! Where was this taken?!

--------------------

aprilsmurfling
Smurf
Member # 3862

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-28-2011 01:42 PM      Profile for aprilsmurfling   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thank you Sassette and a very nice photo of Ronald and smurfette ^^

--------------------
Check out my smurf pics and zodacsigns in smurf style here -> http://wintergrape95.deviantart.com/

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-28-2011 03:14 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Smurfberry Arches!!!

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-30-2011 01:32 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Anyone for a Smurf Sundae?

-
McDonalds Smurf Sundae from Mexico
(Los Pitufos Sundae)

[yum!]

--------------------

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-30-2011 11:31 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
MMm that smurf sundae looks delicious!!! Thanks Sassette! MMMM

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-30-2011 12:58 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Mmmmm.... Smurf Sundae.

I think you should make the recipe with ready-made, soft-serve vanilla ice cream, and blue chocolate syrup and blue cookies or M&M's.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-30-2011 01:25 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
What do you think is IN the sundae? Snicker, snicker.

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-02-2011 06:25 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by VicGeorge2010:
What do you think is IN the sundae? Snicker, snicker.

[Eek!]

Now it's time for Malaysia to get The Smurfs Happy Meal Toys! They will be released in stages throughout all of September.

-
Malaysia McDonalds

--------------------

sweepy smurf
Smurf
Member # 3528

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-02-2011 04:34 PM      Profile for sweepy smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
is that "gulp" smurf essence!!!!!! [Frown] i can't belive it gargmel and mcdonalds teamed up and got a few smurfs! [Gargamel]

--------------------
have a smurfy day

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-03-2011 10:57 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Onesimos:
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:

The original comics did include content that may not be appropriate for children:

a) such as the Black/Purple Smurfs shown biting the tails of their victims (The Black/Purple Smurfs).

Biting Smurf Tails

b) Papa Smurf using a bellow to smack a Black Smurf in the jaw (The Black/Purple Smurfs).

Smack a Fake Smurf

c) Papa Smurf getting vengeful and forcing Gargamel to taste his creation (The Robot Smurf). I was quite shocked to see this and it seems out of character for the Papa Smurf I know.

Papa Smurf's Revenge

d) A Peeping Tom Smurf that gets excited seeing Smurfette taking a shower outside the village (You Don't Smurf Progress).

Perverted Smurf

e) Questionably moral actions, such as the Smurfs getting revenge against Gargamel or stealing things from him. They had to wonder why he continues to hate them and determines to get his revenge. No need to put more fuel into Gargamel's "fire."

Even with the "objectable" content in the comics, at least there is nothing in them that contains "edgy" humor found in the CGI/live-action film.

I must disagree with Onesimos. The Smurf comics were originally made for children but they're not offensive like certain cartoons and comics of today. There have always been some kind of violence in them, eg corporal fights in 'King Smurf' and 'The Smurfette', not mentioning Brainy Smurf banged on his head every time he was "lecturing" his smurfellows. And concerning revenge, yes, they're able to perform it, so let's remember when at the end of 'The Smurfette' Papa and the Smurfs got even with Gargamel, sending him a Gargy-like hag.
Yet this one featuring Peeping Tom Smurf... I really don't think Peyo would approve this. The Smurfs are usually playful and even mischievous, but never impudent. [Frown]
Oh, nice photo of yourself with your little Smurfs, Aprilsmurfling! [Happy Smurf]
And Sassette, what delightful pics of the blue "MacArches" and the Smurf sundae (if Gargamel saw it...) [Gargamel] , YUMMY! [yum!]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4900 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-03-2011 11:20 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
But we don't get to see what that pervert Smurf is seeing...and neither does he for very long!

--------------------

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-03-2011 02:39 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Sassette: Now it's time for Malaysia to get The Smurfs Happy Meal Toys! They will be released in stages throughout all of September.

And golly what swell toys they are!

--------------------

Smarty-Pants Smurfette
Smurfling
Member # 3915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-08-2011 02:15 PM      Profile for Smarty-Pants Smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm 17 but I got a Happy Meal just so I could get a Smurf figurine (In hopes of getting Painter) and got Gutsy!

--------------------
Quit smurfin up my hair!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.