Smurf at Last!                         Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » Free Comic Book Day - SMURFS! (Page 1)
Author Topic: Free Comic Book Day - SMURFS!
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 05-08-2011 05:19 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It was Free Comic Book Day on May 7th, 2011 throughout the United States and Canada. This is the one day of the year that your local comic book store will give you a free comic book! Papercutz released the Geronimo Stilton comic book... that also featured The Smurfs!!!

GERONIMO STILTON & THE SMURFS contains an eighteen-page excerpt from GERONIMO STILTON #7 “Dinosaurs in Action” along with an 8 page SMURFS story called, “The Smurf Submarine.” The Smurf Submarine story has not appeared in any of the Papercutz Smurfs graphic novels to date. It also includes 18 SMURFS comic strips, which have also never appeared in THE SMURFS graphic novels.

-
Geronimo Stilton & The Smurfs Comic Book

The evil Gargamel takes his battle with the Smurfs to the seas - with surprising results - in "The Smurf Submarine"!
[Gargamel]

Buy the 2011 GERONIMO STILTON & SMURFS Comic Here!

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

BlueTiger10
Super Smurfette / Reporter Smurfette
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-08-2011 07:21 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oh dear! I have to find this comic! Can you at least upload the story or find where else I can find it? I want to read this!

--------------------
http://www.Twitter.com/HubermanProject

Posts: 947 | From: City Island, Bronx, NY USA | Registered: Nov 2010
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-10-2011 01:13 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here is "The Smurf Submarine" story! Enjoy!!!
[Scuba Smurf]

-

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-10-2011 01:14 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-10-2011 01:23 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

Buy the Geronimo Stilton & Smurfs Comic Here!

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-10-2011 01:25 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
More to come soon...
[Wink]

--------------------

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-10-2011 03:21 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks, Sassette! I'm so glad I can read it online!

--------------------

VicyJoe
Smurf
Member # 3538

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-10-2011 05:40 PM      Profile for VicyJoe       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I am curious on when The Smurf Submarine was originally published. I believe this is the first time the story was published in English.
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-11-2011 03:58 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Its art style implicates it as Studio Peyo era, which started around the early 1990s at the time of the creator's death, AFAIK.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-12-2011 12:21 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-12-2011 12:22 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-14-2011 12:56 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-14-2011 12:57 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-14-2011 12:58 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

[Big Grin]

--------------------

VicyJoe
Smurf
Member # 3538

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-15-2011 01:21 AM      Profile for VicyJoe       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Interesting by reading the comic, that the Smurf's name was never revealed, only being identified as the "Smurf submariner." At least in the cartoon series, most of the Smurfs have names (with some exceptions like the un-named Smurf with the Tam o' Shanter on his head in "A Hole in Smurf").
Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-16-2011 04:30 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The Smurf Submarine was amazing thanks Sassette!!

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-16-2011 07:15 AM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I love it! Thanks!

--------------------

Animator Smurf
Sam Gamgee Smurf
Member # 3898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-04-2011 10:15 AM      Profile for Animator Smurf  Animator Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It's Smurftastic! And I agree with the whole un-named Smurf thing...it happens a lot in Peyo's comics, like in the Finance Smurf. Also in Hanna-Barbara, the name of Vanity's clone is never revealed, and a few others too.

--------------------
Metsu-Hadoken!

Posts: 1258 | From: Minas Tirith, Gondor | Registered: Sep 2011
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-04-2011 10:24 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
This is the second story that appears in the Papercutz reprint of "The Astro Smurf".

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-04-2011 03:07 PM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Onesimos:
Interesting by reading the comic, that the Smurf's name was never revealed, only being identified as the "Smurf submariner." At least in the cartoon series, most of the Smurfs have names (with some exceptions like the un-named Smurf with the Tam o' Shanter on his head in "A Hole in Smurf").

He wasn't named but judging by the garb it's implied that he's Golfer.

--------------------
Every day in every way I am smurfy!

Posts: 419 | From: Kissimmee, Florida | Registered: Jan 2005
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-05-2012 06:01 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It's that time of year again... FREE COMIC BOOK DAY! In fact, this marks the 10th year. Free Comic Book Day has been celebrated by local comic book stores since 2002. This "holiday" (coordinated by Diamond Comic Distributors) was created to attract new comic book readers.

Last year, The Smurfs were part of the Geronimo Stilton comic. This year for 2012, The Smurfs are the stars and featured on the cover! The Smurf story is called, "The Smurfs and the Booglooboo". The comic also includes Disney Fairies, Dance Class and Ernest & Rebecca. It's another fun release by Papercutz!

-
The Smurfs - Free Comic Book Day

[Cool]

More than 2000 stores will be giving away an estimated 3.5 million issues this year. This year’s free titles include: The Avengers, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Peanuts, Transformers, The Simpsons, SpongeBob Square Pants, Star Wars, Burt Ward: Boy Wonder, Superman, The Smurfs, Donald Duck, Witchblade and Yo Gabba Gabba.

- Buy The Smurfs Free Comic Book Day 2012

--------------------

Smurfette
Smurfalicious
Member # 4140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-05-2012 06:03 PM      Profile for Smurfette   Author's Homepage  Smurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
That's awesome Sassette!

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-12-2012 07:22 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Yep, very cool!! [Wink]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4679 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-12-2012 07:41 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The name of the bird sounds like something from a Sid and Marty Krofft Saturday morning television show from the 1970s.

--------------------

Animator Smurf
Sam Gamgee Smurf
Member # 3898

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-12-2012 11:11 PM      Profile for Animator Smurf  Animator Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Actually, sorry to disappoint Sassette, but 'The Smurf Submarine' comes with the Papercutz version of I think either 'The Astro-Smurf', or 'The Smurf Apprentice, both of which I have!

Both I think published in 2010

--------------------
Metsu-Hadoken!

Posts: 1258 | From: Minas Tirith, Gondor | Registered: Sep 2011
Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2018 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.