Smurf at Last!   Smurf Advent Calendar 2018! Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » Smurfs Village for iPhone
Author Topic: Smurfs Village for iPhone
Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 11-04-2010 05:58 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply

Smurfs' Village iPhone Game
Smurfs' Village for iPhone - free download

On October 28, 2010 Capcom announced Smurfs Village for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

Smurfs' Village is a free social game where players must help our blue buddies rebuild their home after Gargamel discovers it and scatters the Smurfs throughout the forest. The game features popular Smurfs like Brainy Smurf, Papa Smurf, and Smurfette. What is the player's objective? Make the new Smurf village better than the last.

While the app seems inspired by games like Farmville, Smurfs Village stands out because the gameplay offers more than just simple, mindless clicking. Entertaining mini-games litter the village, offering simple but varied fun. You'll quickly learn there is more to Smurf culture than blue skin and farming.
The scenery in Smurfs Village is, well, Smurfy. The developers at Capcom produced a world that's nearly identical to the original cartoon, and every house, Smurf, and rock is colorful and cute. Expect to see your favorite Smurf surroundings in amazing smurfy detail. All the aspects of the Smurfs village are here, right down to the roads and flowers.

While the game doesn't focus on specific characters or stories, it isn't unusual to spot Jokey and Handy Smurf in the crowd, or to see Smurfette batting her lashes at a passing boy Smurf.
Smurf Village iPhone
Smurf Village for the iPhone

Harvest Smurfberries with Papa Smurf on iOS
Harvest Smurfberries on iOS
Papa Smurf serves as a mentor in the game and through an extensive tutorial, users learn to complete mini challenges and puzzles to earn money and unlock prizes. Mini games include quick tasks like completing a painting within a short time limit or keeping track of a dozen baked goods to ensure Greedy Smurf's goodies don't burn.

Another major component of Smurfs Village is growing crops, and as in Zombie Farm or Farmville, the gameplay takes place in real time, so players must punctually check back on their harvest to avoid spoiling any goods. Crops can be sold for game currency, which can be used to construct mushroom houses, roads, and other landmarks in the new Smurf Village.

While the game will be free in the App Store, players are encouraged to purchase Smurfberries using real money. Smurfberries unlock specialty Smurfs, growth formulas, and other bonuses — allowing users to further customize the appearance of their village.

Smurfs Village will be available on iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad in the App Store in late November.

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

GreenDay Smurfs
Super Smurf
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-04-2010 05:10 PM      Profile for GreenDay Smurfs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
thatssss soooooo awesome!!!!! can you get this for the ipod touch too?
Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-04-2010 07:42 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
No Smurf Village love for the Nintendo DS or 3DS?

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-05-2010 02:22 AM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Wow, there's hours of fun.. reminds me of the facebook farm games.

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-05-2010 03:25 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Such fun! The graphics are really cute. The pic shows that Papa needs someone to grow and harvest the strawberries... I volunteer!
[Wink]

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-10-2010 06:16 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The Smurfs Village iPhone
The Smurfs Village on iPhone
Smurf Village iPhone Scam

The Smurfs Village, a game for the iPhone and other Apple gadgets, was released a month ago and quickly became the highest-grossing application in the iTunes store. Yet it's free to download.

So where does the money come from?

Kelly Rummelhart of Gridley, CA has part of the answer. Her 4-year-old son was using her iPad to play the game and racked up $66.88 in charges on her credit card without knowing what he was doing.

What was he up to? Buying Smurfberries!
Rummelhart had no idea that it was possible to buy things - buy them with real money - inside the game. In this case, her son bought one bushel and 11 buckets of "Smurfberries", tokens that speed up gameplay.

"Really, my biggest concern was them scratching the screen. Never in my wildest dreams did I think they would be charging things on it," the 36-year-old mother said.

She counts herself lucky that her son didn't start tapping on another purchase button, like the "wheelbarrow" of Smurfberries for $59.99.

Rummelhart joins a number of parents who have been horrified by purchases of Smurfberries and other virtual items in top App Store games. The 17 highest-rated comments on "The Smurfs' Village" in the App Store all complain about the high cost of the Smurfberries, and two commenters call it a "scam."

Apple introduced "in-app purchases" last year, letting developers use the iTunes billing system to sell items and add-ons in their games and applications.

This year, developers have started to use the system in earnest as the main revenue stream for many games. Of the 10 highest-grossing apps in the App Store, six are games that are free to download but allow in-app purchases. Four of those are easy, child-friendly games. Two of them, "Tap Zoo" and "Bakery Story," have buttons for in-app purchases of $100 in just two taps.

Capcom Entertainment Inc., the publisher of "The Smurfs' Village," says inadvertent purchases by children are "lamentable." When it realized what was happening, it added a warning about the option of in-app purchases to the game's description in the App Store, and it's updating the game to include warnings inside it as well. The game has retreated to being the fourth-highest-grossing app in the App Store.

The warnings may alert parents, but it's doubtful that they'd deter children who can't read and don't understand money. Also, the option to buy $59.99 worth of Smurfberries at a time remains. Capcom spokesman Michael Larson says "Smurfs" is no different from other games in this regard, and the bulk purchasing option is useful to adult "power players."

It's quite likely that most of the money pulled in by these games comes from addicted adults who want to quickly build their Smurf villages, bakeries, zoos and zombie farms. But there's a loophole in the in-app purchase process that children stick their fingers through.

Usually, the purchases require the owner of the device to enter his or her iTunes password. But there is no password challenge if the owner has entered the password in the last 15 minutes for any reason. That means that if a user enters the password for a purchase or a free app upgrade, then hands the phone or iPad over to a kid, the child will not be stopped by a password prompt.

Capcom and other game publishers have no control over the 15-minute password-free period, which is set by Apple.

Apple defends its system. Spokeswoman Trudy Muller says the password system is adequate and points out that parents can restrict in-app purchases. The parents contacted for the story received refunds from Apple after complaining, and praised the company's responsiveness.

However, there's reason to believe that the password timeout doesn't always work.

Andrew Butterworth of Brooklin, Ontario, was well aware of how in-app purchases work and of the password-free period. He was careful to let at least 15 minutes pass after a password entry before letting his 5-year-old son play with his iPod Touch. That didn't help, once he'd loaded "The Smurfs' Village."

"He came to me all proud and said he'd figured out a way to get all these Smurfberries," Butterworth says. "And as soon as I saw the Smurfberries, I knew that he'd purchased them using my credit card. I was amazed that he'd figured out a way to do it, because I was sure that he would have needed my password."

He had last entered his password on the iPod four or five hours earlier, he said. His son's shopping spree cost $140.

Chris Gropp, another Canadian, said he had not entered his iTunes password the same day his son bought $67 in Smurfberries, apparently without being asked for the password.

TeamLava LLC, the publisher of "Bakery Story" and "Farm Story," says the games follow all of Apple's rules and restrictions. In either game, it's possible to buy $99.99 worth of "gems" in one go.

The game publishers and Apple point out that device owners can turn off the option to conduct in-app purchases by going to the Settings app, then hitting the General button, then the Restrictions option. The parents contacted for the story had done so after being alerted to the purchases through their iTunes billing statements.

Apple takes requests for refunds through the computer version of the iTunes program. In the "Store" menu, chose "View my account," then click "Purchase History," then "Report a Problem." Then click on the problem purchase.

Butterworth was pleased with the refund, but still thinks "Smurfs" is a "scam."

"They make it a ridiculously difficult game to play, and you can skip all the difficult parts by spending money," he said. "I believe that they know exactly what's going on."

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Peazjelly
Smurf
Member # 3101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-11-2010 06:09 AM      Profile for Peazjelly       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
This isn't unique to The Smurfs Village game. All iPhones have the same functionality. After an initial password challenge, the user isn't prompted again for 15 minutes. It is the same for all iPhone apps, and The Smurfs Village is no exception.

--------------------
__It's PeazJelly Time

Oakley Smurf
Brainy Smurf Snaeha
Member # 2823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-12-2010 06:20 AM      Profile for Oakley Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oh...Too Bad I don't have both Ipod touch or Iphone!
I would be too pricey to buy one just for this game and i already ordered my
sister for PSP it makes no sense to buy Iphone after PSP.
But i see alot of games for Iphone are also ported to PS3 as "Playstation Minis"
It would be very smurfy to have one ported for PS3!
Let's hope this will be release on Playstation Network Thailand!
Capcom always know how to make a great game!
Smurfs you alot Smurfy! [Embarrassed] [Eek!] [Smile]

--------------------
I'm Brainy Smurf's alter ego one that didn't wearing glasses...for now...
"Eyesight 200/20 but I always see what's on my mind"

Posts: 694 | From: Bangkok,Thailand | Registered: May 2009
Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-12-2010 12:22 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hmmm, such games may be really a (costly) problem in small children's hands... [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Frown]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4473 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-22-2011 04:13 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Smurf's Village iPhone Update - $100 'Wagon' Added

Monday Dec. 20, 2010

The publisher of the popular 'The Smurfs Village' game for the iPhone and iPad has added a warning that virtual items such as 'Smurfberries' cost actual money — as much as $100.00 from just two taps on the screen.

An Associated Press story earlier this month revealed how easy it is for kids to buy such virtual items and have them billed to their parents without their knowledge. Like many other free games, 'Smurfs Village' makes money by selling the virtual goods to advance play.

Capcom Entertainment Inc. updated the game Sunday. When the game starts up for the first time, a pop-up now warns about the option to purchase Smurfberries and the fact that charges come out of owners' iTunes account, which gets billed to a credit card.

However, Capcom has also made it even easier to make a large purchase of Smurfberries in one go. Previously, the highest two-tap Smurfberries purchase option was a 'wheelbarrow' for $59.99. Now it's a 'wagon' for $99.99.

"Smurf's Village" is the third-highest grossing game for the iPad. Other top-grossing "free" games for the iPhone and iPad, including "Tap Zoo" and "Bakery Story," have $99.99 in-game purchase options and lack up-front pop-up warnings.

Capcom has said that the big-ticket purchase options are useful to adult "power players" who want to cultivate their Smurf villages. But parents have complained about a loophole in the in-app purchase process that children inadvertently exploit.

Usually, the purchases require the owner of the device to enter his or her iTunes password. But there is no password challenge if the owner has entered the password in the last 15 minutes, for any reason. That means that if a user enters the password for a purchase or a free app upgrade, then hands the phone or iPad over to a kid, the child will not be stopped by a password prompt.

Capcom and other game publishers have no control over the 15-minute password-free period, which is set by Apple.

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-30-2011 06:36 PM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The Android version of Smurfs Village has been released! Yeeha!!!

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Flashettesmurfette
Smurf
Member # 4419

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-05-2012 06:09 AM      Profile for Flashettesmurfette  Flashettesmurfette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I've played the smurfs' village before, but since I don't have an ipad I played it on my friend's ipad.

--------------------
Smurfette rocks! Better believe it!

Shy Smurfette
Smurf
Member # 4353

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-05-2012 08:10 AM      Profile for Shy Smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I wanna play. Too bad I don't have an iPad D:

--------------------
Just be yourself!

The Smurfs #1 fan!

Christian and proud!

Posts: 373 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: Mar 2012
Shy Smurfette
Smurf
Member # 4353

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-05-2012 08:11 AM      Profile for Shy Smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Or Iphone.

lol [Smile]

--------------------
Just be yourself!

The Smurfs #1 fan!

Christian and proud!

Posts: 373 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: Mar 2012
Sportette
Bakette
Member # 4102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-05-2012 08:30 AM      Profile for Sportette  Sportette's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I got a village I have everyone exept slouchy and snappy level 20 Booya!

--------------------
Seether karma and effect

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2018 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.