Smurf at Last!                         Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » So, what ACTUALLY was the first?!
Author Topic: So, what ACTUALLY was the first?!
lazysmurf21
Smurfling
Member # 3283

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 07-23-2010 04:51 PM      Profile for lazysmurf21       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi there fellows, It's my first time posting here since I've been familiar with the site already [Roll Eyes]

Secondly, I've tried to find the very first Smurfs' opening video, with the SMURFS logo

Smurfs Created by Peyo

(which was in fact the original logo, before they added the THE and redesigned it a bit) and combined with a music track that you can get here:

♪ Listen to Smurf Music Theme

My question is, is this was the very first opening video, the very first logo and the very first music track to be premiered on NBC back then?

I'm desperately seeking for that video, can it be found? (actually, I did found the video here:

but it is combined with a different music track [comes with the same narration though]).

And, I did also found a video with the same music track, although combined with the later THE SMURFS logo

The Smurfs Created by Peyo

(is this what can be found on the DVD?).

Waiting for an expert [Wink] thank you guys!@#

--------------------
Zzz...

Posts: 6 | From: Under the Shroom!@# | Registered: Jul 2010
Peazjelly
Smurf
Member # 3101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-23-2010 08:31 PM      Profile for Peazjelly       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Based on the US Smurf Season One Volume One DVD release, this is the very first Smurf intro theme - the video you show in your message. It features the SMURFS logo.

Smurfs Season One Intro - US
Smurfs Season 1 Volume 1 DVD

The Smurf Season One and Two intro from the Australian DVDs matches the audio from your mp3 but has THE SMURFS logo:

Smurfs Season One & Two Intro - Australia

The Smurfs Season Two intro video from the US DVD True Blue Friends is entirely different though!

Smurfs Season Two Intro - US
True Blue Friends DVD

--------------------
__It's PeazJelly Time

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

lazysmurf21
Smurfling
Member # 3283

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 07-24-2010 04:49 AM      Profile for lazysmurf21       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks a lot Peazjelly!@#

So... the music track that I have posted (along with the SMURFS logo) is not the very first American one? I was pretty sure it is... :/

How about the opening videos that can be found in the British (UK) DVD releases? Are they the same as in the Australian ones?

Thanks again Peazjelly [Smile]

--------------------
Zzz...

Rocker Smurf
Smurf
Member # 3178

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-24-2010 07:35 AM      Profile for Rocker Smurf  Rocker Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Yes, the intros on the UK DVD are the same as the Australian ones.

--------------------
Smurf yourself a smile and have a smurfy day!

Posts: 217 | From: Smurfy old England | Registered: Apr 2010
lazysmurf21
Smurfling
Member # 3283

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 07-24-2010 09:00 AM      Profile for lazysmurf21       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I see... Thank you Rocker Smurf! [Smile]

So it makes the music track to be originated in Europe [Big Grin] Interesting who stands behind it, couldn't it be Hoyt Curtin, right?

Anyway guys, thanks once again [Smile]

--------------------
Zzz...

SmurfsinBlue
Smurf
Member # 4694

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted 03-14-2013 01:25 PM      Profile for SmurfsinBlue       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
There's another international version of the Season 1 intro that is actually sung. Does anybody know which seasons it was used for and where it originated? Here are the lyrics:

Far, very far from here, some 2000 miles away, that's where they live and work and play...
Being a Smurf is good, so that's why we sing all day. We're doing things the Smurfy way...
But there's danger there, lurking everywhere 'cause Gargamel will catch them if he can!
That is true, indeed, and we will retreat, to Papa Smurf who always has a plan!
No one will ever find the road to our hideaway, we live there happily and gay...
Being a Smurf is good, and that's why we sing all day, doing things the Smurfy waaaaaay!

SmurfsinBlue
Smurf
Member # 4694

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-14-2013 01:26 PM      Profile for SmurfsinBlue       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Can someone please upload the intros for seasons 3, 4, 5, and 6 from iTunes?
SmurfsinBlue
Smurf
Member # 4694

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-14-2013 01:28 PM      Profile for SmurfsinBlue       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
There's another version of the UK/Australian theme song that is actually SUNG, rather than narrated. I found versions of it in French, Spanish, German, Hungarian, and Dutch, but I don't know if there was ever an English version.
Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-14-2013 02:42 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SmurfsinBlue:
There's another international version of the Season 1 intro that is actually sung. Does anybody know which seasons it was used for and where it originated? Here are the lyrics:

Far, very far from here, some 2000 miles away, that's where they live and work and play...
Being a Smurf is good, so that's why we sing all day. We're doing things the Smurfy way...
But there's danger there, lurking everywhere 'cause Gargamel will catch them if he can!
That is true, indeed, and we will retreat, to Papa Smurf who always has a plan!
No one will ever find the road to our hideaway, we live there happily and gay...
Being a Smurf is good, and that's why we sing all day, doing things the Smurfy waaaaaay!

Welcome to Bluebuddies, SmurfsinBlue! You can find the intro in this topic and some more.

And about other Smurf cartoon intros you can find more info in this wiki (click on 'Hanna-Barbera' in the warning box below). I hope this helps! [Smile] [Smurfette] [Big Grin] [Cool]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4716 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
zg123
Smurfling
Member # 2573

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 05-03-2013 03:24 PM      Profile for zg123       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
smurfs intros in dvd

hey everyone
how are u?
i have a question and maybe someone here will know how to answer.

im looking for the many intros of the smurfs show in dvd quality.. which has been released in dvds around the worlds. (i dont care about the langauge)

i know that in the usa there is a dvd with the intro of season one.. and a bad quality dvd of the intro of the second season.

UK dvds has only the intro of the first season and any of the dvds threre.. im think that the internaional version of the smurfs kept only the original intro of the first season in all seasons.

how about the Australian dvd release with all the episodes?? does it iclude only the intro of the first season in all the episodes?

and btw how many intro are they? every season has its on speaicl intro only in US??
i hope anyone knows and can help me and infrom me which dvds should i buy for the intros

thanks alot

zg123
Smurfling
Member # 2573

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 05-04-2013 10:46 AM      Profile for zg123       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
ok- australian dvds have the internationl intro (the first season intro in all seasons except the 9th season)

anyone got the frensh or the german dvds?

zg123
Smurfling
Member # 2573

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 05-15-2013 03:31 PM      Profile for zg123       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
a very bad news sadly [Frown]
i have just bought episodes from itunes (season 3+4+5+6) all of them have the same syndication intro [Frown] it seems we will never be able to see the season 3 intro after all [Frown]

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-15-2013 07:07 PM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Really zg123!! That is very interesting.

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

SmurfsinBlue
Smurf
Member # 4694

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-14-2014 05:06 PM      Profile for SmurfsinBlue       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Fantastic news! The intros for seasons 3 and 5 are finally now on YouTube! In the meantime however, can someone find out for me which episodes from seasons 4 and 7 on iTunes use their ORIGINAL intro sequences?

Season 3:

Smurfs Season 3 Intro [1983-1984]

Season 5:

Smurfs Season 5 Intro [1985-1986]

zg123
Smurfling
Member # 2573

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 02-21-2014 02:54 AM      Profile for zg123       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
wow!! this is so cool
does anyone knows from where did he get those intros?? from itunes? from which episode? most of them has the syndicate intro sadly...
i tried to ask that guy in utube.. but no answer till now :/
thanks alot anyway

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-21-2014 01:50 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Peazjelly:

The Smurf Season One and Two intro from the Australian DVDs matches the audio from your mp3 but has THE SMURFS logo:

Smurfs Season One & Two Intro - Australia

This also was the Smurfs cartoon intro when it was first released in Brazil, in 1982.

Here it is, in Brazilian Portuguese: [Wink]

Smurfs Brazil Intro

Narrator: "Há muitos e muitos anos, no coração da floresta, havia uma vila escondida onde moravam minúsculas criaturas. Chamavam-se a si mesmo de Smurfs. Eram muito bons.
(la-la song added to the dubbing)
Mas existia também Gargamel, o feiticeiro perverso. Ele era muito mau.

Gargamel: "Eu odeio os Smurfs!
Odeio vocês, eu vou pegar todos vocês nem que seja a última coisa que eu farei! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
Gargamel: "Ohhh, eu pego vocês! Algum dia eu encontro a vila de vocês e vocês vão se arrepender!"

Narrator: "A floresta ainda existe, e se prestarem atenção vocês ouvirão os gritos do Gargamel."
Gargamel: "Oh, eu pego vocês!"
Narrador: "Se vocês forem bonzinhos conseguirão dar uma olhadinha nos... Smurfs!" [Wink]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4716 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
smurf-ed
Smurfling
Member # 4970

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 03-11-2014 06:53 AM      Profile for smurf-ed       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
There is a misconception from US Audience concerning the Smurfs intros found on the PAL EU/AU DVDs as they think these are the original versions.

The original Hanna-Barbera intros were aired internationally, along with title cards and credits.

It's on the DVD reissues that they used the Season 1 intro, changed the music, title cards and credits. They actually aren't part of the original (i.e. smurf.com on credits - no internet back in the early 80s).

Sadly the PAL DVDs were modified only so the company could claim some copyright over what WB now owns as a Derivative Work, for business it made sense but for fans it ruined it since they are awfully done.

SmurfsinBlue
Smurf
Member # 4694

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-27-2014 12:33 PM      Profile for SmurfsinBlue       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
You mentioned another Brazilian Portuguese version (of the UK intro) that's sung, which appeared on TV for the original dub. You also mentioned a bit of the lyrics: "Ser um Smurf é bom, por isso eu sou feliz" (Being a Smurf is good, so that's why we sing all day"). Have you found that specific version yet?
SmurfsinBlue
Smurf
Member # 4694

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-27-2014 12:36 PM      Profile for SmurfsinBlue       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The intros for seasons 3 and 5 are from iTunes.
Linkin Smurf
Smurf
Member # 4917

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-05-2014 06:30 PM      Profile for Linkin Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by smurf-ed:
There is a misconception from US Audience concerning the Smurfs intros found on the PAL EU/AU DVDs as they think these are the original versions.

The original Hanna-Barbera intros were aired internationally, along with title cards and credits.

It's on the DVD reissues that they used the Season 1 intro, changed the music, title cards and credits. They actually aren't part of the original (i.e. smurf.com on credits - no internet back in the early 80s).

Sadly the PAL DVDs were modified only so the company could claim some copyright over what WB now owns as a Derivative Work, for business it made sense but for fans it ruined it since they are awfully done.

Uh, I think you're kinda wrong on one detail:

I have found that even in 1981 and the time that the Smurfs originally aired in the UK and Australia, even had the Smurfy Way English intro, because there are versions that just have the original "SMURFS" logo in them. Proof?

Smurfs UK Intro

1981 Smurfs UK Intro (The Smurfy Way Theme Song)

This comparison of the theme will help you out (the instrumental one is used here:)

Smurfs - UK/European Intro (Original vs. Remastered Comparison)

And believe it or not, there are two Chinese intros that follow closely to the English version with a few differences in both [Wink] :

This one actually contains part of the English Lyrics up until the Gargamel part, which has the Mandarin Chinese voiceover mentioning Gargamel and Gargamel talking as he chases a Smurf (The song goes instrumental beyond this point and there are no more lyrics beyond the Gargamel in a log part. The English Lyrics part, and the Mandarin Gargamel Dialogue, as well as when "The Smurfs" titlecard comes up, the Subtitles for translating the name in Mandarin as well as the "Created by Peyo" come up and it is the last thing to happen before it ends.

Smurfs Chinese Intro

This follows more closely to the instrumental, as the instrumental version plays the whole time, but the Same Mandarin Chinese voiceover and the Gargamel talking are present during the respective scene, but no subtitles. The subtitles that translate the Title and the byline do not appear either.

Smurfs Mandarin Chinese Intro

and an Instrumental version actually does Exist (This was taken from a Croatian-dubbed episode according to the uploader):

Smurfs UK Intro ("The Smurfy Way" 1981 Instrumental)

--------------------
My Smurf Nickname: Wacky Smurf

My Deviantart: http://thatonesmurfx103-9.deviantart.com/

My Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~thatonesmurfx1039

Posts: 392 | From: Smurf Village in Toronto | Registered: Jul 2013
Linkin Smurf
Smurf
Member # 4917

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-05-2014 07:38 PM      Profile for Linkin Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
EDIT: and he's a good fact [Wink]

The Bulgarian version of the Smurfs use the English Smurfy way intro, but have the Bulgarian voice over at Gargamel's part:

Bulgarian Smurfs Intro

and despite what European music the episode uses, including the Smurfy Way, the Russian dub dubs over the music with their intro:

Russian Smurfs Intro

Smurf Intro Russia

--------------------
My Smurf Nickname: Wacky Smurf

My Deviantart: http://thatonesmurfx103-9.deviantart.com/

My Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~thatonesmurfx1039

Posts: 392 | From: Smurf Village in Toronto | Registered: Jul 2013
Peazjelly
Smurf
Member # 3101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-07-2014 04:31 AM      Profile for Peazjelly       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Linkin Smurf,

Thank-you for the comparison video with the remastered versus original introductions. The hue and color correcting choices used in the remastered version are interesting.

--------------------
__It's PeazJelly Time

SmurfsinBlue
Smurf
Member # 4694

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-02-2014 05:27 AM      Profile for SmurfsinBlue       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Actually the 2nd Mandarin Chinese intro you posted (the one that follows more closely to the instrumental and lacks the subtitles that translate the Title and the byline) is fan-made.
Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.