Smurf at Last!                         Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » "A Home Through Time" - A new SmurfFic (Page 6)
Author Topic: "A Home Through Time" - A new SmurfFic
Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-09-2012 05:25 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thank you, Greedette [Big Grin]

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-28-2012 02:52 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
R. C., where are you? [Confused]

--------------------
The destination of this train is: Smurf Village

Posts: 600 | From: Milton, MA/Chile | Registered: Apr 2007
Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-28-2012 02:55 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Very busy working with some animation projects actually...still working on finishing this story though with the little spare time I have. [Wink]

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted 06-28-2012 03:16 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi, Raven, great to see you here again!! [Big Grin] Rich and smurfy chapters as usual. [Graduate Smurf]
And yes, I know what you mean. I'd been doing some commissions lately and now I made a little break to update my Smurf fan fic, too! [Wink] [Smile] [King Tut Smurf] [Scuba Smurf] [Swoof] [Wild Smurf] [Astro Smurf] [King Smurf] [Vanity Smurf] [Pirate Smurf]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4623 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-28-2012 03:29 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I did a sample write of Empath's first meeting with his universe's version of the Smurfettes. Something I was hoping to get started on sooner or later, just had to find a way to get it started.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Carnation
dogboo22 / Brunette / Greedette / President Smurfette / Summer Smurfette
Member # 4086

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-28-2012 03:30 PM      Profile for Carnation       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I love your books Raven child. Once I read your books I wrote a smurf fanfic.

--------------------
With a good attitude no one can bring you down - Carnation

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-28-2012 04:19 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks Squeaky, Your story is coming a long nicely - I try to get a chance to check it out when you update [Wink]

Vic George, I look forward to reading your story when you get a chance to start it [Smile]

Greedette, What is the name of your story? When I get a moment I would like to check it out [Smile]

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-28-2012 04:25 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
You're very welcome, friend, and otherwise I got confused and made a mistake: in fact I updated it the day before yesterday, not "now"... [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4623 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-28-2012 04:31 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I know what you meant Squeaky [Wink]

--------------------

Carnation
dogboo22 / Brunette / Greedette / President Smurfette / Summer Smurfette
Member # 4086

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-28-2012 06:33 PM      Profile for Carnation       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Raven Child:
Thanks Squeaky, Your story is coming a long nicely - I try to get a chance to check it out when you update [Wink]

Vic George, I look forward to reading your story when you get a chance to start it [Smile]

Greedette, What is the name of your story? When I get a moment I would like to check it out [Smile]

My story is called "A new smurf world." When the story first starts out the chapters are a little short. But as it goes on it gets better. Soon I'm going to write a new fanfic called "A quest to save a hunter."

--------------------
With a good attitude no one can bring you down - Carnation

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-28-2012 06:36 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Sounds really interesting Greedette [Smile]

--------------------

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-18-2012 01:18 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4461844/15/

Author's Note: Hi everyone. I would like to thank you all for your patience in waiting for the updates on this story. I have been pretty busy lately with updating my 2012 demo reel for 3D modeling and character design. Also, some of you may have noticed that I am promoting an animated series of my own on facebook and twitter. Some images of the characters are even posted on my Deviant Art page. If you are interested I can post the other links to my work on this forum.

In this chapter I have borrowed the lyrics of two songs. One is "Lean on Me". Version sung by DC Talk. Also borrowed, the lyrics to the song "Born to be Wild". The version that was sung was sung by Kim Wilde. Some words in one of the songs may have been altered slightly to fit the characters in this story.

Once again I have included a character named Loner Smurfling, based on the character created by Novanto (Novanplz on DA) in this chapter.
Happy Reading :-)

Chapter 15 - Farwell Party

Back in the kitchen, Greedy had just put the stuffed mushrooms in the oven that he, Wild, and Grouchy Smurf prepared. Nat walked up to make sure the oven was at the right temperature before setting the timer beside the oven.

"That should do it, smurfs. The rest of dinner is simmering so let's clean up now." The elder nature smurf ordered.

As the smurfs started to wipe down their stations, Nat's phone began to play a Celtic tune, which caused Clumsy, Painter, and Jokey to pause and raise their eyebrows in wonder.

"Um, excuse me." Nat murmured, holding up his phone. After the elder flipped open his phone he put it up to his ear. "Hello," The Nature elder spoke then began to nod as if he were agreeing to something that was being said, than spoke again. "Oh good... Yeah. Totally, I agree... No, no that sounds good. We'll get everything set up for that. We have everything mostly done now... All we need to do is prep the food when it's cooled and bring it to the Performance Hall... Sure, no sweat. Thanks Brainy."

As soon as Nat closed his phone he looked up to the time-traveling smurfs and grinned. "Good news, smurfs." He chirped. "That call was to inform us that the key you, um, misplaced someplace in time, was indeed the same key the Gnome found. Papa and the others are now heading back here. But before you guys get to go home, as a treat we wish to host a party for all of you."

The smurfs all let out a small cheer. Some even celebrated by tossing their cleaning cloths in the air.

"Really?" Greedy gasped.

"This isn't a joke, is it?" Jokey asked.

"I hate it if it's a joke!" Grouchy exclaimed.

"No smurfs, it's not a joke." Nat confirmed.

"Oh, thank za smurfs," Painter cooed.

"We are finally going home," Clumsy chimed.

"I for one am looking forward to finally seeing my mirrors again." Vanity nodded to his reflection in his hand held mirror.

Wild Smurf chirped excitably while Baby Smurf clapped and giggled.

"So, that means our dinner plans are going to change slightly." Nat added. "Instead of having it in here, we will set up few buffet tables in our Performance Hall."

"The what hall?" Vanity asked.

Nat smiled, but before he would explain to Vanity the room in question, he noticed the missing smurfettes re-entering the cafeteria. "Well, it is about time you smurfettes decided to join us with the preparations." He hollered to them.

Toughette appeared to be occupied with talking on her cell phone, she simply held up her index finger to indicate that she needed a minute before responding to the former smurfling. "Yeah that's great, love, but when are you getting back here?" She spoke sternly into the phone.

"Wow, don't you all look pretty." Clumsy chimed.

"Yes. It's wonderful that you three managed to have time to get all dressed up for this evening." Nat commented sarcastically.

"Yeah well," Sorcerette started as she shifted her stance and scratched the back of her neck. "Since Smurfette was getting all cleaned up, Toughette and I thought it would be fun for all of us to dress up. Who were we to know that there really would be a big party tonight."

"Ah, yes ironic, isn't it?" Nat nodded thoughtfully.

"What do you think? Chocolates won't be saving your tail this time, Mr. Smurf. Just back here!" Toughette demanded before slamming her phone shut. She turned her attention to the elder in the straw hat. "You were saying?" She asked more calmly.

With a smirk, Nat asked, "Well, if you smurfettes are finished playing princess dress-up then maybe you three can help us set everything for the celebration party for our guests?"

Toughette rolled her eyes skyward, "Whatever." She groaned.

OoOoOoOoOoOo

Fifteen minutes later Brainette, and the young time traveling wonderers, Hefty, Brainy, and Handy joined the others in the cafeteria. They began to help right away by gathering the paper plates, plastic cutlery, napkins, and paper cups, all of which were biodegradable. With other condiments added the smurfs then placed them on two of the three-layered trolleys.

"I'll take these trolleys to the hall and start setting up the tables." Toughette offered.

"Ok." Nat nodded.

"Wait, I'll come with you to help." Young Hefty said, catching up to the tough blond. He grabbed hold of the other trolley beside her.

"It's not really necessary." Toughette waved off the young smurf.

"Awe, come on." Hefty pleaded. "You don't expect to set all this up yourself, do you?"

"I think I can manage," The blond snobbishly replied. She continued to walk out of the cafeteria with one of the trolleys. Hefty followed with the other trolley not far behind.

"Alright, to be honest, I need to talk to you." The strong smurf admitted, as they exited out through the doors.

"Oh, about what?" Toughette asked, not sounding entirely interested in the conversation.

"Well," Hefty's cheeks started to flash a crimson color. "About us."

Toughette stopped dead in her tracks and turned to the young male smurf. "Oh really?" She raised her eyebrow curiously at the young smurf.

"I-I-I mean, our future, or I should say the future we are destine to have. I, ah, oh geez..." He stammered nervously.

"I see," Toughette smirked. She reached over to the trolley and picked up a white shaker held it out to him. "Would you like some salt on your foot before sticking it in your mouth?"

Hefty chuckled nervously at her comment. He could defiantly see how his future self would find her attractive. "What I am trying to say is," with a deep breath he continued. "How is it that we meet?" It wasn't the main question he wanted to ask, but it has been a curious thought ever since he saw her.

"Ah," she hummed. Toughette gave his words some thought before looking back up at him again. With a cocky grin. "What, don't you like surprises?" She said with a wink.

"Well," again the young Hefty Smurf let out a nervous chuckle, while scratching the back of his head.

"Come now, you didn't expect me to just tell you what will happen, did you?" The golden blond boasted as she continued to push the trolley down the hallway.

"Uh, no I guess not." The strong smurf slouched. "But maybe you could explain why only a few smurfs, including you and me, survived what soon will be a deadly illness in the village." He paused to study her reaction, and it was as he expected it to be.

Toughette stopped. She slowly turned her head to glared back at the smurf behind her. "How did you know about that?" She hissed.

"Well, earlier Brainy, Handy, and I found a secret room. There was something Brainy and I read that talked about a plague that everysmurf died from...except us."

"What secret room?" Toughette questioned, while trying to avoid the topic.

"The room down at the lower levels of this community. It had a bunch of old stuff from the smurf village, including a newsletter that described how the village got sick and the only reason we survived was because we weren't there."

"W-what are you getting at?" The golden haired smurfette snapped, her voice shook as she spoke. Obvious emotional memories threatened to show in her eyes.

"Why did you guys lie to us? Why didn't you tell us what can and will happen to the smurfs when we return?" Hefty asked with his voice slightly risen.

At first Toughette was at a loss for words. She quickly turned to push the trolley into the Performance Hall. Hefty did not hesitate to follow her. He stopped to watch her empty the plates and cutlery on the long decorated tables. She appeared to be trying to distract herself from crying. Hefty leaned up against the table and glared hard at her. "Well," he growled.

"Well what?" Toughette snapped back. She slammed the paper plates down on the table then turned to Hefty. "What do you want me to say?" Her voice seemed to have more volume in the empty Hall. "It's not that we didn't want to tell you what had happen, or in your case, what will happen. The fact is that you will end up experiencing what we had experienced anyway. Funny thing about time. That's just how it is!" Her upper lip snarled a bit.

Hefty took a step back in shock. It was not a response he was hoping for.

Toughette frowned as a possibility crossed her mind. "What if we ended up telling you stuff that could cause you to miss your chance to meet me and the other smurfettes? I don't know about you, but meeting you was," she paused a moment, she caught herself before she would start crying. When she was ready, Toughette then continued, "the greatest thing to happened in my life." She admitted with a sad pout.

"Um, I-ah." Stammered the strong smurf. He didn't want to miss his chance to meet the smurfette before him, but he still wanted to know if there could be a possible way to prevent the fate of his fellow smurfs. As he thought of a way to respond to Toughette he glanced up at her. Right away he saw a deep emotion in her eyes. Hefty realized that his words might have hurt her, obviously she was in pain with the memories of something that had happened. His own features softened. A sudden feeling of regret took over him. "I'm sorry." He whispered.

Toughette breathed deeply. "It's ok. I'm sure if the roles were reversed I'd probably react the way you just did. To be honest, your future self and I never really gotten over what happened in the village...none of us have."

Hefty nodded in understanding. Somehow he believed her. For now he decided to drop the subject. Seeing her at the brink of tears made him felt terrible. He just wanted to reach out and hold her. It was not like seeing Smurfette sad, maybe it was because Toughette played a strong role most of the time. He watched her as she continued to move the items off the trolleys and onto the tables. Hefty drifted back to the other question he asked earlier. He cocked his head to one side and asked. "So, uh, how do we meet? I mean, do I save your life, or something?"

Toughette sniffled. She couldn't help but to smile at his curiosity. "Oh come now," the tough smurfette scoffed. She raised an eyebrow before turning to finish laying out the napkins than added, "If you must know, I saved you." She smirked.

"Huh?" As Hefty stood bewildered. Again he studied her features. The smile on her beautiful blue face showed him that what she said could very well be possible. He returned a smile back at her before they finished laying everything out on the tables.

OoOoOoOoOoOo

An Hour and a Half Later

Papa Smurf and the other time traveling smurfs could not help but to notice the strange music that started playing. Colorful lights guided every smurfs attention on the stage at the end of the room. There a group of six smurflings started dancing. A little blond smurfette lead the dance group in a bunch of different steps. A song the smurflings called "Hey Mama" by the Black Eyed Peas was a remix version of the original song. The time-travelers had no clue what that meant, but still the young dancers were very impressive. There were moves that seemed like the smurflings were defying gravity, especially the little blond smurfette, Jazzette.

Once the music ended the audience cheered and the dancers bowed. A second group of smurflings ran up onto the stage as the dancers walked off. Slouchy Smurf organized the karaoke machine for the next song. He gave them a 'thumbs up' to indicate everything was a go. A piano sound started to play and seven smurflings began humming to the tune. The music paused a moment as one smurfling stepped up to the mic.

"1, 2, 3, 4." He shouted. The music evolved into a beat as the smurfling rapped.

True Rapper, no slack on the track
Here to tell the smurfs that love's what we lack
In this family we gotta love like Smurfs
So precise in your life so take this advice
Brother to sister we need to learn to love each other
So lean on me when you're in trouble
I cast my cares on Smurf cause they all care for me
So when you need a shoulder to cry on, just lean...

Five of the smurflings joined together in the chorus.

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long 'til
I'm gonna need somebody to lean on

Melody Smurfling stepped forward and started singing solo.

Sometimes in our lives
We all have pain, we all have sorrow
But, if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

Again the five smurflings sang the chorus. The audience started to clap in tune.

Melody again raised her voice in song.

Please, swallow your pride
If I have things that you need to borrow
For, no one can fill those of your needs
If you won't let them show

The backup group sang once more.

Melody sung, "You just call on your fellow smurf when you need a hand"

The chorus group sang, "We all need somebody to lean on"

Melody started emphasizing her voice as she sang the next line, "I just might have some problems that you'd understand, yeah."

The chorus group sang again, "We all need somebody to lean on"

The chorus came up for the backup group once more.

All the smurflings on stage sang as the dancing group came back on the stage with moves between hip hop and jazz. Jazzette took the spot light with the most impressive moves and the audience cheered.

Make it funky, make it funky

The dancers stepped back as Rapper Smurfling stepped up once more for another rap solo.

Cause I'm housin' this joint
Like a brother with an attitude
And comin' straight so you best give me latitude
Leanin' on my smurfs from the word get go
And bein' there for them cause the Smurfs said so
Many of us just don't know what to do
Well take it here and now from the smurf named true
Don't dog a brother out when he stumbles and falls
Just be there to lean on y'all

The entire smurfling group sang, with Melody Smurfling being the loudest voice singing. They all started to encourage the audience to join in with singing and clapping. The dancers brought more to it by jumping off stage and dancing and doing flips between the crowds.

Call me, call me, just call me,
Call me, call me, just call me, lean on me
Don't you know that I'll be there, you can lean on me

Sorcerer and Sorcerette hopped on the stage once the smurflings finished their song. Taking the microphone from Rapper Smurfling and Melody Smurfling they indicated that the adults want a turn to perform. Sorcerer had obviously changed once he had returned from his trip into town with Hefty and the two Elders of the Smurf Village. He chose an outfit that matched his mate. With a white pants, hat, and vest. His silk shirt was a dark purple. Even Sorcerette admitted that the young adult smurf was quite handsome in his outfit.

"Awesome job smurflings. We are so proud of you." Sorcerette cooed, speaking clearly in the microphone.

"Yes, Smurftacular performance!" Sorcerer added, with the mic close to his face. "Give it up for these talented smurflings!"

The crowd whooped and cheered as they applauded. Papa Smurf turned to Grandpa Smurf. They were unsure of what to think about all of this. However, the two elders had to admit the smurflings were indeed talented. No matter how strange the music was to them.

"This little party is dedicated to our guests." Sorcerer Smurf announced. He held out his hand towards the time-travelers and said. "Papa. Smurfs. Please stand." The residents of the old village stood up as the smurflings around them clapped and cheered.

"Smurflings," Sorcerer continued. "These travelers have come a long way on their journey, and now they are about to return home." He paused for a moment to look into Papa Smurf's eyes. The magical smurf took a mental picture of the elder of the old village. He wished he could spend more time with his former Papa. Sorcerer smiled warmly at the elder across the room and whispered, just barely audible into the microphone. "Their home."

Papa Smurf and the other smurfs each grew a broad smile on their faces. The red-capped elder mouthed the words 'thank you' to a grown up Baby Smurf on the stage.

"Yes, but this party is not over yet. So let's Be Wild," Sorcerette spoke just as before using her power to start up the next song on the karaoke machine. The smurflings danced and cheered with the music. Sorcerette and Sorcerer Smurf moved with the beat before the magical smurfette brought the mic up to her face.

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

She raised her hand up and created tiny fireworks to shoot up from her palm.

Sorcerer stepped forward and sang. He used his powers to produce artificial lightning from his hands.

I like smoke and lightning
Heavy metal thunder
Racin' with the wind
And the feelin' that I'm under

He grabbed Sorcerette's hand and spun her around and pulled her in close as he continued his chorus.

Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

Both magical smurfs sang together.
Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be wild
We can climb so high
I never wanna die

Sorcerette sang, "Born to be wild"

The young adults encouraged the audience to repeat the next line in song.

Born to be wild

Sorcerer sang, "Born to be wild"

Again they encouraged the audience to repeat the next line.

Born to be wild

Meanwhile, Brainette and Elder Brainy slowly made their way to the Hall. Once the elevator doors opened up, the two elders heard the music playing. Both shaking their heads as they could hear Sorcerette and Sorcerer Smurf singing. As soon as they turned the corner, to their surprise a single smurfling sat alone outside the Hall.

"Loner Smurfling," Brainy scowled. "You do realize the party is inside the Hall, right?"

"Yes elders." Loner answered quietly before nibbling on a cookie he grabbed from the desert table.

Both elders turned to each other in confusion.
"Then may we ask why you are out here instead of inside with your fellow smurflings?" Brainette asked.

"I just want to be alone." The little smurfling answered simply.

Brainy was about to go into lecture mode when Brainette stopped him.

"We will have to deal with this another time," she told him. "There are more pressing matters to deal with before this evening is done."

With a regrettable sigh, Brainy nodded to Brainette. "You are right, my love." He turned to face down at the little smurfling again. "Loner, please try to go inside and be with your fellow smurflings before the party ends, ok."

"I'll try." The little one replied before taking another bit of his cookie.

The audience cheered once the music came to the end of the song. The time-travelers were once again lost on how they should feel about all of this. In fact every music these future smurfs played were a little strange and of course loud. Non-the-less, they attempted to be as polite as they could with slow, unsure claps. Grouchy, however, didn't even bother to clap, he just sat in his chair with his arms crossed and a perplexed expression.

Toughette leaned up against her mate and whispered something into his ear before giggling. Hefty turned and noticed his younger self with the other confused time-travelers before he too started to chuckle. Both of them had a sudden flash of memory of when they themselves were becoming accustomed to the new ways of the smurfs.

Slouchy arranged the stereo system to automatically play some slightly quieter, but still modern music. The smurfs and smurflings began to mingle while snacking on the goodies from the tables in the back of the room.

In the corner of Papa Smurf's eye he noticed that Community's Elders walking in. Elder Brainy and Brainette stopped at the entrance. Both of them viewed the room with an amazed expression on their faces. Everywhere their smurflings were having fun and some even were talking to the time travelers.

One encounter that caught Brainy's attention was Handy Smurf having a conversation with Tech Smurfling. Tech was showing him some of the remote control toys that he had built on his own. Handy marveled over the technology that the young smurfling engineered. Little Nursette came up and joined the conversation, which caused Tech to instantly blush at her presence. Handy chuckled as the two young smurflings reminded him of himself when he was seeing the mermaid, Marina.

Brainy then continued to scan the room and noticed Bakerette and Chef Smurfling sharing some tasty treats with Greedy Smurf. Craftette and Photographer Smurfling took pictures of everysmurf then was showing them to Painter Smurf, which the creative smurf got to see what a photo taken by a digital camera looked like. He could only dream that his paintings would turn out so life-like. Lazy Smurf seemed to find comfort sitting in the back of the room with Dozette and Dozy Smurfling.

Brainette pointed out that Wild Smurf was on the brake dancing mat with Skater Smurfling off at the end of the Hall. The two of them danced with a group of other smurflings that joined them. Clumsy sat and watched with Kluzette and young Clumsy Smurfling. Elder Brainy's heart ached slightly upon seeing that his old friend talking to what would eventually be himself as a smurfling. Grouchy Smurf slumped over against a wall and was joined by a smurfling by the name of Moody. Both of them grumbled to each other on how they hated noise and crowds.

Sassette and Snappy were talking about memories of the old village with their older selves, as was Hefty talking to his older self and Toughette. Although it did seem like their conversation were slightly more serious. Brainette guessed it might have something to do with the earlier encounter in the Smurf's History Museum. Elder Brainy's heart skipped a beat when he saw Papa Smurf, Grandpa Smurf, talking to Adventure Smurfling, and Apprentice Smurfling along with young Brainy eyeing suspiciously between the smurflings and his elders. Sorcerette and Sorcerer Smurf was taking turns in holding Baby Smurf. The magical smurfs seemed to have some sort of telepathic link to the youngest smurfling. Elder Brainy made a mental note to ask the Sorcerer's what was going on between them and Baby.

At the other end of the Hall Vanity and Smurfette spoke to three smurflings about fashion and beauty tips of 2008. Jokey sought an opportunity to play a practical joke on the fashionable smurfs, but was beaten to it by a smurfling by them name of Boomer. Boomer took a firecracker, and lit it before tossing it behind the group before the fuse reached the flash powder. As it crackled the smurfs and smurflings all jumped and screamed. One of them fell back and knocked one of the punch bowls off the table and onto his head. Young Vanity Smurfling cried on how his outfit was ruined by the red liquid and went running out towards the Elders at the entrance.

"Elder Brainy, did you see what just happened?" The distressed smurfling wailed.

"Yes we did, Vanity. You better go get cleaned up. We will take care of Boomer." Brainy told him.
"I swear some smurfs don't ever change."

Brainette muttered under breath as she watched Jokey Smurf laughing and shaking hands with Boomer Smurfling.

Before the two Elders could reach the tricksters both Heftys, Toughette, Slouchy, and Nat beat them to it. Apparently Brainy and Brainette were not the only ones that spotted the whole scene. The young time-travelers watched as the older and wiser smurfs of the community lectured the young smurfling into apologize for disrupting the party.

Elder Brainy stopped when he saw Papa Smurf walking up to him.

"This is some party you smurfs put together." Papa said politely.

Brainy smiled at his former elder's attempts to spare one's feelings. "Come Papa Smurf, you can be honest with me. This isn't what you would expect on how smurfs of the future to celebrate, now did you." He chuckled.

"Well, no." Papa mused while attempted to hide his own chuckle.

Brainette placed a hand on Brainy's shoulder and brought her face up closer to his. "Why don't you take this opportunity to spend some time with Papa Smurf." She suggested.

Brainy shook his head. He opened his mouth to protest her request. She stopped him by placing a figure over his lips. She leaned even closer to whisper into his ear. "Trust me, my love. I'll go get Sorcerette and Sorcerer Smurf. They need to prepare the spell Father Time's requested on our guests."

The community's elder thought about it for a moment then nodded to his mate. "Alright, Thank you, Brainette." He finally said. As Brainette walked off towards the magical smurfs, Brainy brought his attention back to Papa Smurf.

"Shall we go get ourselves some refreshments." He asked the wise smurf of the old village.

"Thank you, my little - uh I mean, Brainy." Papa stuttered before chuckling over his own error.

"It's ok Papa Smurf. It's been a while since I was known as one of your 'little smurfs'." Brainy smiled. He reached over the table and grabbed two cups.

Papa's smile faded as there was a question that had bugged him for some time. "Mind if I ask you something?" He asked.

"Sure, anything." Brainy shrugged as he finished pouring the punch into the cups. He picked up one of the cups and handed it to Papa Smurf.

The former elder took the cup from Brainy and seemed to have froze in thought as he tried to process what he wanted to say. "I-it's about your smurflings." He finally said.

Brainy placed the ladle back into the punch bowl. He frowned, but did not look up. "What about them?" He asked in return.

With a deep breath Papa Smurf looked up at the Elder of the smurf community. "They are us, aren't they?" He spoke very savvy. "I mean, every smurf except you, Hefty, and the smurflings of course. I mean, the resemblances is a little to uncanny, don't you agree."

Brainy swallowed a lump in his throat. Somehow he wasn't too surprised of the fact his former mentor would figure it out, and yet, the acknowledgement still made him nervous. "Yes," he mumbled.

"Was it a spell?" Papa watched Brainy's facial expressions carefully. Brainy slouched his shoulders as the sadness in his eyes grew more noticeable. Papa realized it was something more serious. "Or did something else happen?" He asked in a cautious whisper.

With a heavy blink, Brainy slowly brought his eyes up at Papa Smurf. He attempted to smile at him.

"Let's just say with us smurfs things tend to come full circle." The bespectacled elder replied gingerly. "I'm afraid I can' t really explain it any more than that. Just try to believe me when I say that everything will work out in the end."

"I think I understand." Papa nodded. Regardless of how curious he was on what will happen when he and the others return, he still must respect his fellow smurfs and their new ways of life.

"If you don't mind Papa Smurf, I would like to change the subject." Brainy suggested.

The village elder nodded. He reluctantly agreed to proceed in a different conversation. "Ok," he responded softly. Papa Smurf brought his attention back down to his cup and another question puzzled him, in fact he meant to ask it when the party started. He held out his cup to Brainy and asked, "so what sort of strange paper is keeping this cup solid enough for liquid."

Brainy couldn't help but to laugh out loud. He figured there would be no harm in describing biodegradable products. "I'd be happy to explain it to you, Papa Smurf. But first," He paused for a moment to pick up his cup and held it out to his mentor. "Here's to the future."

With a small smile, Papa Smurf held out his cup. Together the two Elders tapped the edge of their paper cups, which made a dull click sound. "To the future, I suppose." Papa Smurf said before the two smurfs drank their smurfberry punch.

--------------------

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-21-2012 10:20 AM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4461844/16/

The Final chapter is complete. Thanks for reading my story and waiting so patiently for me to finish it.

Without further ado, the final chapter to "A Home Through Time".

Chapter 16 - Time to go Home

Elder Nat, Elder Slouchy, Elder Sassette, and Elder Snappy guided the tired but eager time travelers outside on the open meadow just past the playground. Of all the adventures Papa and the others been on with the time crystals meeting the smurfs of the future had been the most memorable. It was heartbreaking that soon they would be saying goodbye. However, there would be new adventures awaiting them back home. That indeed has been something the smurfs were looking forward too for such a long time.

"We want to thank you for helping us in putting our smurflings to bed before you smurfs head back home." Elder Slouchy said, breaking the silence as they walked.

"Yes, we are sorry though on how hyper they were. It is often hard to calm them down after a party." Nat added.

"We understand," Papa Smurf nodded.

"Sure, the little wiper-smurfers were just excided that is all." Grandpa Smurf chuckled.

"Ooh, but they were still so very cute. You smurfs must be proud." Smurfette exclaimed.

Elder Sassette looked over her shoulder and smiled at the young blond. "That we are, Smurfette." She proudly stated.

"It is almost a shame zat we are heading back home now." Painter Smurf spoke up. "Zare could be more we zat we could learn from you smurfs."

"Yes Painter," Slouchy agreed, "Having you all here has brought a lot of memories back for us. We're just sorry it must end so soon."

"So are we," Handy Smurf added. Young Hefty and Brainy quickly glanced a knowing look at each other with a hint of worry to their brother's comment. They both know the fate of their brothers and elders, and yet they promised not to mention anything about it. Truthfully, they hated to keep anything, especially something as important as this, a secret. Some kind of warning has to be made, but how?

As they finally came to the meadow, they saw Elder Brainy and a more mature Hefty with their smurfette mates already waiting for them. Papa Smurf grinned as he walked up to them.

"I want to thank you all again for your hospitality it has been a really smurfy experience." Papa Smurf announced with pride.

Elder Brainy forced a weary smile. "I'm glad you had a smurfy time."

The old village elder raised a sceptical eyebrow as he wondered something. "Is there anything you wish to talk about, Brainy?"

Elder Brainy paused. He glanced over at his matured brother, Hefty for a brief moment before looking straight at Papa Smurf again. "Just a little tired I guess."

"I see," Papa nodded thoughtfully. He decided not to pursue any further than that. It did not escape him that Brainy's younger self and Hefty were acting a little anxious about something as well. He couldn't quite put his finger on, but he suspected it was not good.

The rustling of dried leaves on the ground caused the other smurfs to turn as the two magical smurfs entered the field.

"About time you two showed up." Elder Brainy grumbled.

"We needed to get changed." Sorcerette replied defensively as she addressed at her and Sorcerer's traditional purple suits.

"Oh brother," Brainette groaned while rolling her eyes skyward.

"Then I take it you both are ready?" Brainy asked.

Sorcerer shot a glare at his elder. "Do we have a choice?" He snapped.

"Sorcerer, you know that this has to get done." The bespectacled elder whispered harshly through clinched teeth.

"But, they should know the truth." Sorcerer argued.

"Know what?" Asked young Snappy Smurfling.

"Does this have to do with that secret room we found earlier?" The young Brainy purposely took this opportunity to mention it.

Everyone went silent for a moment. Brainette narrowed her vision at the young bespectacled smurf.

"What room?" Little Sassette finally asked. When no one answered her she stomped her foot on the ground and crossed her arms. "Silent Smurfs, what is everyone talking about?" She cried.

Brainette exhaled a loud sigh before speaking. "The room in question is a very special room that holds our fondest memories from our past." She explained.

"That's not all, is there?" The young Hefty pointed his finger accusingly at Toughette and his future self.

Toughette glanced up at her mate with a hint of worry and regret.

"What the smurf is going on here?" Handy demanded.

"Yeah!" Vanity, painter, Clumsy, and lazy agreed.

"I'm sorry, we can't answer any of that." Elder Brainy raised his hand up to ward off any further questions on the subject.

"What? No, you must explain yourselves!" The young Hefty moved forward, and attempted to reach for Elder Brainy in an aggressive manner. His future self stepped in between them to prevent Hefty from grabbing the elder.

"Please stay back. It's for your own good." The matured Hefty warned softly.

This time Papa Smurf stepped forward. "I'm sorry I must insist on knowing what is going on."

Brainette and the other elders all shared the same guilty glance before the smurfette elder spoke up. "I'm afraid when you leave this time line you will have to leave your memories behind as well."

"I don't understand." Smurfette admitted.

"I think I do," Papa Smurf nodded solemnly. After a moment of thinking about it he added. "Apparently we've witnessed quite a bit in our travels, and it may conflict with our lives back home. Isn't that correct?"

Elder Brainy nodded 'yes' with a long regrettable frown.

"But Papa Smurf!" Sorcerer reached out to him. "It's not fair!"

"No, my little smurf. You must do what you must." He looked at each of the smurfs of the future before he stopped at Elder Brainy and smiled. "Regardless of what might happen, I can see ten little smurfs that will grow up and raise two hundred smurflings on their own. I'm proud of each of you, even the smurfettes that I am sure looking forward to meeting."

"Even what we are about to do kind of goes against everything about being a smurf?" Elder Brainy pouted.

"I feel whatever you need to do is for a good cause, Brainy."

"Well," the bespectacled elder admitted softly. "This is a direct request from Father Time. He felt it was necessary to erase your memories from your journey through time, especially about the future."

"I understand." Papa nodded.

"Oh, I was wondering when we would hear from that old timer." Grandpa remarked as he stroked his beard.

"He assured us that if there were any other way he would suggest it. Father Time will be expecting the time crystals back when you return. He is waiting for you back in the village." Elder Brainy explained.

"Thank you." Papa held out his hand to the community's elder. Slowly Brainy reached his own hand out, and Papa took it into his before giving a sturdy shake. "For everything." The village elder added.

"Uh, you're welcome, Papa Smurf." Elder Brainy said in an insecure tone.

"I believe you two wiper-smurfers have a job to do." Grandpa mentioned to the magical smurfs.

"You are all ok with this?" Sorcerer asked sadly.

"Well, it won't be smurfy to just forget everything about our trip, but I'm sure everysmurf here agrees that we just want to go home." Vanity pointed out.

"Yeah," most of the other young smurfs agreed.

Sorcerer lunged out and wrapped his arms around Papa Smurf. "I won't forget you." He sniffled back his tears.

"I'm sorry I can't say the same." Papa Smurf emotionally replied as he returned the hug.

"I'm so glad I had the chance to get to know you smurfs." Sorcerette chimed as she started giving grandpa smurf a hug.

"Me too young one." He whispered in her ear.

Toughette, saw the concern in the young Hefty s face. She thought of something and smiled. "Hey Hefty!" She called out, and both strong smurfs looked at her. With a wink, and holding her beloved mate close she added, "see you in the future."

The young smurf realized that there were some things he wouldn't mind experiencing in his own future. He returned a small smile before taking a step back to rejoin his fellow time-travelers.

"Well, here we go." Papa Smurf announced as he slid the crystals out of the pouch and placing them on the ground. Grandpa pulled out the ruby key and prepared to use it on the crystals.

"Goodbye smurfs." Elder Snappy said softly.

"Yeah, goodbye." The other elders echoed. In saying those words it suddenly felt like a heavy weight had been lifted, and their past can rest.

"Everyone ready?" Sorcerer asked.

"Yes." Papa nodded.

Grandpa pointed the key at the crystals. The crystals began to glow before rising up from the ground. Each crystal piece danced around each other in the air until they formed a shape.

The two magical smurfs focused on their words for the spell they are about to chant. The second Sorcerer opened his eyes they glowed a bright blue, and Sorcerette glowed red. At the same time they both chanted:

Ut itinere vestro tuta domus
Vestra memoria, oblevisse
Domi eris
Tempus itinereantur iter iustus erat somnium **

As the young magical smurfs kept chanting a light blue aura glowed around the smurfs of the old village. Gradually a rainbow twister rose up from the crystal puzzle. It quickly engulfed the time-travelers smurfs. The colorful wind storm lifted up towards the tree tops before disappearing.

As soon as it was all over the future smurfs silently went back inside the community to perhaps watch some TV.

OoOoOoOoOoOo

A week has gone by in the smurf village. Everysmurf went about their daily routine with no memory of time crystals, or ever been missing in time.

One beautiful sunny morning, Papa Smurf stepped out of his house and right away he stretched out his arms before letting a big yawn. As he brought down his arms he glanced over the other villagers as they focused on their morning chores. He smiled with pride, thinking that today would be a good day for possible new beginnings.

His thoughts were interrupted when Tracker smurf ran up to him and cried. "Papa Smurf, Papa Smurf. There's a storm coming." He proved his theory by pointing up at the eastern sky. "I smelt it in the air just before I looked up and saw the clouds."

Papa Smurf followed Trackers hand up to the sky. Very dark and heavy clouds formed over the mountains. They seemed to be heading straight for the smurf village. 'So much for a good day,' the elder thought to himself.

"I believe you are correct, Tracker. We better tell the others to prepare for it." The red-capped elder said.

"Right away, tally-ho!" Crowed the nature smurf before running off.

Papa looked over and saw Hefty eyeing the clouds and for some reason there was a sudden panic in the pit of his stomach. He quickly shook it off and set out to make sure there wasn't anything missed in securing everysmurf's home and food shelter.

A single thought at that moment came to him, and was not sure why, but for some unexplainable reason it made sense:

For smurfs everything comes full circle.

The End.

OoOoOoOoOoOo

** (Latin spell translation)
May your journey home be safe
Your memories, erased
At home you will be
The time travel journey was just a dream

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-21-2012 11:15 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Now if only a similar form of amnesia can be placed on the audience to make them forget that Season 9 of the Smurfs cartoon show ever existed...

Glad to see this story saga finally get wrapped up.

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

smurf it
Smurf
Member # 4445

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-21-2012 01:32 PM      Profile for smurf it       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
No one will ever forget about season 9 of the Smurfs.

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-23-2012 09:40 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-25-2012 07:45 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Wait a minute -- was it just the time-traveling Smurfs that wouldn't remember the time traveling, or was it all the Smurfs back in the past that the spell affected, including the time travelers?

And BTW, it's "whipper-smurfers".

--------------------

Amy Sue Smurfette
Nurturer Smurf / The Odd Smurf
Member # 4050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-26-2012 11:11 AM      Profile for Amy Sue Smurfette   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
i'm sorry to see this come to an end, but i love the end as much as i loved the rest of it. nice to know everything is as it should be.

--------------------
we're all someone's little fangirl.

https://www.facebook.com/AmySuzySmurfyQ

Posts: 903 | From: fah fah aweeey... | Registered: Oct 2011
Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2018 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.