Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie                     Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » I made a short illustrated smurf story. (Page 4)
Author Topic: I made a short illustrated smurf story.
Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-21-2008 09:42 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Smurf in Hand...that does help [Big Grin]

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

Smurf in Hand
Smurf
Member # 1431

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-23-2008 02:02 AM      Profile for Smurf in Hand       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a cozy winter day and Blueberry was babbling and clapping his tiny hands, sitting on my lap as I read the paper.

As I was leafing through the advertisements for a major newspaper from across the country a certain item in the “Pet Adoption” Section caught my eye.

There, somewhere on the other coast a baby smurf was evidently being housed and offered up as if the tiny creature were a hamster or such. Actually Tattlerette had told me about the plight of captured baby smurfs, even in the hands of well meaning but ignorant humans, and how rarely they flourished in such captivity. The blue skinned Lilliputian baby’s name was Strawberry, and nevertheless looked happy and healthy in the newspaper photo.

Blueberry seemed to pick up on my concern and became quiet and looking up at me, his teensy mouth opened and out came a “Peep-squeak?” I phone my lady friend, Dewdrop’s human “mother”, who worked at the Blue Moon Nursery as a general caregiver. Leaving a message on her answering machine I told her about the add and asked if she could find out if the Blue Moon Nursery could adopt the tiny blue infant. Otherwise wee little Strawberry Smurf may end up in a cage in some wealthy person’s house, eventually wasting away from lack of emotional support. Baby Smurfs may sometimes act like rodents as Tattlerette had explained but they were not meant to be pets for humans.

I decided then to call the adoption agency myself. Perhaps I could hold off the “adoption” of this innocent little being until the nursery could make an offer. I picked up the phone, wondering what if Strawberry was already out of their hands? I looked at the photograph again, the perky little blue face beamed at me. Something about that innocent, tiny little face evoked such concern in me. What if someone like the reprobate that had abused Dewdrop ever got a hold of her? Tattlerette had said that over 50% of smurfs, baby or adult, in human captivity had been deliberately harmed at some point, and that 10% had even been…..

Someone answered the phone “Exotic Pet Adoption Agency, how may I direct your call?.…”

-

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-23-2008 11:33 AM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awe...pic of Strawberry is so cute - and very exciting plot.

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-23-2008 12:35 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post 
She's as adorable as Blueberry and Dewdrop! And it's a pity that Strawberry is (in spite of being well treated) seen as if she was a pet when in fact she's simply a baby of other species. I hope Strawberry shall be in safe hands just in time!
Oh, and before I forget, Smurf in Hand: Exactly today is left one month for Smurfs 50th anniversary (23 October), how about doing some commemorative pics with your Baby Smurfs? It would be lovely! The Happysmurfday link is:
http://bluebuddies.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/1925.html [Happy Smurf]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4903 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Smurf in Hand
Smurf
Member # 1431

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-24-2008 09:11 PM      Profile for Smurf in Hand       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try to make a picture for the anniversary if I can.

Yes, I'm happy with how Strawberry's pic came out. The pajamas look softer with the tiny crosshatching. I can just imagine the poke-ably soft body beneath them, and I try to include that unique little tail as much as possible.

I'm drawing on real paper and using a scanner now.

Smurf in Hand
Smurf
Member # 1431

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-06-2008 02:16 AM      Profile for Smurf in Hand       Edit/Delete Post 
It turned out that Strawberry was still available, and within the week I had taken a plane out to the agency with papers authorizing me to act for the Blue Moon Nursery. My friend was watching Blueberry while I was gone. She always took Dewdrop to work with her at the nursery and now my baby smurf was with them too, playing and napping with all the other baby smurfs.

I picked up Strawberry at the agency and signed the papers. If only she wouldn’t show up on an x-ray security scan I might have secretly brought her in my coat pocket on the plane, but she would have to ride in the pet compartment. Sedated by an injection in her tail the baby smurf lay on a heap of shredded newspaper in a cage for rodents

The tiny blue creature had been trained to drink from the water dispenser meant for hamsters and to eat dried “smurf berry” food pellets from a tray, which was attached to the cage wall. Scattered about were a few toys, a plastic ball and some alphabet blocks included. The staff at the exotic pet agency said that usually they didn’t dress Strawberry except for her smurf hat. They remarked that for some reason she always seemed uncomfortable without her hat. They had figured though that making her some matching pajamas and dressing her rather than letting her crawl around naked would make her look more appealing for the adoption ad picture and prospective owners.

“We tried to make it look kind of like a real baby”. They explained.

They also told me that many people were initially fascinated with the tiny blue creature, but after realizing that it couldn’t perform any tricks and simply played a bit, crawled, cried and slept, they decided they didn’t need something so useless.

The staff members had adored her though, lavishing all the affection they could spare, feeling almost as if Strawberry weren’t just a pet.

Eventually Strawberry was introduced to the other smurf babies at the nursery. She readily accepted her new home and siblings. This tiny blue infant was a cheerful creature for certain. By this time I’d become the nursery’s one and only authorized volunteer. That week I brought Blueberry to the nursery and Dewdrop’s human mother let me into the room where the baby smurfs lived.

I spent a wonderful afternoon playing with Dewdrop, Strawberry and my Blueberry in addition to the other little smurfs there. I gently poked at and tickled the soft, delicate little pajama-clad beings as they squealed, squeaked, giggled, tumbled and rolled about in their miniature playpen.

During nap time Strawberry fell asleep between Dewdrop and Blueberry, the three baby smurfs had snuggled together under the same little blanket. I couldn’t have staged a more precious scene. The Blue Moon administrator permitted me to snap this one picture of them together, you may see it below.

After all too short a time we had to leave. I had to pry Blueberry’s AND Strawberry’s tiny blue hands off of each other’s teensy smurf tails as they sat side-by-side looking up at me with dismay.

“We have to go home now, Blueberry.” I stated. “You’ll see your little blue friends again.”

The truth was I didn’t want to go home either but the nursery night shift was coming and I had to get home to sleep.
I gave Strawberry’s and Dewdrop’s tails each a squeeze and a gentle little twist between my thumb and forefinger to reassure them. Then plucking Blueberry up by the seat of his pajamas I dropped him into my coat pocket and exited the building.

On the way home the Lilliputian infant popped its head up out of my pocket and looked up at me forlornly. Keeping one eye on the road I quickly grasped the baby smurf’s bulbous little nose before it could duck back into hiding. With the same gentle squeezing,twisting and stroking I usually administered to the tiny blue creature’s elastic tail I produced the expected calming effect, in addition to a few merry squeaks and giggles.

If this wasn’t pure joy, then nothing was…

-

Smurf in Hand
Smurf
Member # 1431

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-06-2008 04:10 AM      Profile for Smurf in Hand       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally refined and colored the illustration with Tattlerette, Dewdrop and Blueberry!

Blueberry is blissfully purring/gurgling away as his sensitive little baby smurf’s tail is scratched for the first time by a grown smurf.

Dewdrop looks up, whimpering for attention with a plaintive look on her tiny face that says “Oh, scratch MY tail too, please!”

-

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-06-2008 12:31 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awe, the three baby smurfs sleeping together are so cute [Enamored Smurf]

And great job with the colored version of Tattlerette and the baby smurfs [Cool]

Can't wait to see more, Smurf in Hand [Big Grin]

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-06-2008 01:16 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely pictures, the one with the three Baby Smurfs sleeping and Tattlerette playing with them! [Enamored Smurf] And that phrase of yours... "If it wasn't pure joy, then nothing was..." tells everything of your delight and relief over these cute little cratures. Keep on smurfin'!

--------------------

trustworthy smurfette
Smurf
Member # 2406

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-06-2008 01:16 PM      Profile for trustworthy smurfette       Edit/Delete Post 
the 3 baby smurfs sleeping just melted my heart
trustworthy smurfette
Smurf
Member # 2406

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-11-2008 03:57 PM      Profile for trustworthy smurfette       Edit/Delete Post 
smurf in hand are you going to add more to the story soon
Smurf in Hand
Smurf
Member # 1431

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-20-2008 12:43 AM      Profile for Smurf in Hand       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it's been a long time Kitten, sorry for taking so long to reply and thanks for the kind comment [Enamored Smurf]

You too Squeaky and Raven Child!

I'll really try to get something going by next weekend.

I could just do those cuddly baby smurf pictures forever but I need to add some adventure.

trustworthy smurfette
Smurf
Member # 2406

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-20-2008 04:30 PM      Profile for trustworthy smurfette       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for responding
Smurf in Hand
Smurf
Member # 1431

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-25-2008 04:05 PM      Profile for Smurf in Hand       Edit/Delete Post 
I decided to introduce a new baby smurf character into the story. It’s a bit long since it’s more like two chapters, so it has two pictures. It’s about another baby smurf that needs healing.

************************************************************************************

Pom-pom was the first baby smurf with a disfigurement that the Blue Moon Nursery had ever acquired. The shy male infant had been abandoned on a country road and found by the son of a farmer.

The road next to the lad’s father’s farm was a favorite place for humans to dump their unwanted pets. One evening while the young man was out performing pest control he chanced upon the angry sound of some small animal fighting, and the agonized shriek of another small creature obviously in pain and distress. From across the road he saw what appeared to be one rat attacking another rodent. Though both animals were the same size the screaming rodent wasn’t putting up any sort of fight at all, it was simply cowering as the aggressor chewed on the hapless creature’s hindquarters.
The lad raised his air rifle for a shot, seeing this as an opportunity to take out two pests at once. The lead pellet struck the earth just behind the attacking rodent and sprayed it with dirt. Startled, the rat scurried into the field and out of sight. As the marksman readied a shot for the pest left behind however, he caught a better glimpse of it in the moonlight and hesitated. Curious, he approached the creature, and was shocked.
The tiny thing had no fur, and its skin was blue. It’s hands and feet were similar to those of a human, only they had four digits instead of five. The creature made no effort to elude him either, it merely hid its face in its hands as it lay on its stomach, shaking and sobbing.
Against his better judgment he picked it up to examine it more closely. The terrified little being stopped sobbing and removing its humanoid hands from a tiny tear streaked face looked up at him, wide eyed in terror. Watching the news about a raid in the area on exotic animal smugglers he remembered the discovery of a baby smurf and what it looked like. So that was what this thing must also be, he thought, turning the petrified creature to look at it from all sides. Upon studying it he established two things, that it was a male of the species (it was completely naked, even it’s smurf hat was missing), and that its fleshy blue tail had been completely chewed off by the rat.
Carrying it back home and telling his father, they arranged to send it to a veterinarian, soon afterward Pom-pom was taken in by our nursery.

************************************************************************************
Click here for a bigger Squeezing Baby Smurf picture

My lady friend who worked as a caretaker at the nursery as well as making outfits for the Lilliputian blue babies sewed a tiny blue pom-pom onto the drop-seat of the injured smurf’s pajamas to simulate the tail it had lost that traumatizing night.
“After all the time I’ve worked here I’ve come to realize just how partial baby smurfs are to their tails and to other smurf’s tails.” She said. “It will never be the same for the poor little dear without his actual tail, but this substitute is better than nothing, without anything back there at all, a smurf simply doesn’t feel like a smurf!”

I was about to find out just how right she was.

One day that I volunteered in caring for the baby smurfs at the nursery I was tasked with bathing the diminutive blue infants. I’d never actually seen Pom-pom without his pj’s on.
It was my friend’s day off and she was undoubtedly enjoying it with her baby Dewdrop. I’d brought Blueberry with me. Strawberry reached out with her tiny arms to greet me with a “hug” when I entered the room. By this time all of the baby smurfs had become accustomed to me and knew that I was kind. I took down a clipboard with tasks to be completed and decided that bath time ought to be gotten out of the way so that the little creatures could play, nap, and eat for the rest of my shift.

I’d become quite nifty at peeling off the baby smurfs’ pajamas but when I got to Pom-pom the little creature squeaked and struggled in desperation. At first thinking nothing of it I stripped him naked and set him on the counter as I began to fill a miniature bathtub. I was so engaged with getting the water to the proper temperature that I’d failed to notice what was transpiring between Pom-pom and the other baby smurfs. They were staring at him, and at his rear-end in particular. While every smurfling seemed to realize that Pom-pom lacked a tail, actually seeing his naked posterior was still always a spectacle.
Feeling the gaze of his peers the morose little blue creature first sniffled and then burst into tears of misery as he clutched one of the bathtub toys, a tiny waterproof smurf doll. Even he was ruefully staring at the misshapen stump that used to be his plump little tail.
When I finally turned to look baby Pom-pom smurf was sitting in a puddle of his own tears. I hurriedly picked up the poor thing and washed him as fast as I could, pulling his pj’s with the false tail back onto him before I cleaned any of the other baby smurfs.

Later as I drove home with Blueberry blissfully nestled in my coat pocket I thought about little Pom-pom. I began to wonder if there might be a surgical procedure that could at least restore the semblance of a smurf’s tail to the pitiable tiny being…

-

In the next chapter we’ll see if there are actually any surgeons that even know about smurfs and if anything can be done for Pom-pom.

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-25-2008 05:59 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post 
"I want my widdle tail back!"

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-25-2008 09:10 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awe...so sad. Poor little smurfling. Very good illustration of the baby crying.

--------------------

Smurf in Hand
Smurf
Member # 1431

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-31-2008 10:05 PM      Profile for Smurf in Hand       Edit/Delete Post 
I considered Pom-pom’s misfortune.

At first I had wondered if my own baby Blueberry smurf could ‘heal’ him like he had miraculously mended Dewdrop’s troubled heart. The magical wee smurfling however had made no move to help, seeming to be as puzzled at his tail-less peer’s predicament as the other of the nursery’s tiny blue inhabitants. Thinking about it I realized that of all the possible miracles I’ve heard of in my lifetime, not one of them ever involved restoring a lost limb. Even in the world of miracles it appeared amputees received short shrift.

After making a few phone calls to various veterinary clinics I finally found one that would actually examine Pom-pom and see if he could receive a prosthetic tail.

Taking Pom-pom to the clinic I let him ride in my coat pocket with Blueberry. My own adopted baby smurf had become used to the noise of the car’s engine but Pom-pom hid at the pocket bottom, trembling and whining most of the way.

The examination was even worse. Pom-pom squirmed franticly in the grasp of the veterinarian as the naked little creature was poked and prodded with all sorts of devices.

Finally came the good news; “Yes, I believe we can restore his tail though a technique known as tissue expansion. We can insert a small silicone balloon expander back there under the skin and gradually fill it with salt water over a period of time. The smurf’s skin should gradually stretch and grow. Making the ‘balloon’ roughly the same shape as the creature’s tail, it can then be left in to keep the tail’s shape”

Over the next few weeks I ferried Pom-pom from the Blue Moon Nursery to the veterinarian and back again for his treatments. Though the procedure was not nearly as uncomfortable as true surgical restoration would have been (and fortunately a mere fraction of the price) Pom-pom still screamed whenever his new ‘tail’ was accidentally bumped another baby smurf . It would never have the pleasant sensitivity of his original tail but the taught blue skin was still rather sore at this stage. I’d discovered than baby smurfs have an alarmingly low pain threshold, no doubt these tender little blue being were never ever meant to be hurt in the first place. Unfortunately for the smurfs the world itself was becoming an increasingly cruel place.

When I brought Pom-pom back to the nursery for the last time I gently set the soft little blue infant down amongst the other baby smurfs, his new ‘tail’ poking though the drop seat of his baby pj’s. My lady friend had removed the pom-pom that once served as his tail and namesake, affixing it to the top of his little smurf hat instead.

“We’ll always call you Pom-pom!” …

Click here for a bigger Smurf picture

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-01-2008 12:18 AM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awe, now he's so happy now that he has a tail [Big Grin] Great job!

--------------------

Smurf in Hand
Smurf
Member # 1431

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-01-2008 03:10 AM      Profile for Smurf in Hand       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Raven Child [Smile]

I couldn't just leave Pom-pom without some kind of happy conclusion [Wink]

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-02-2008 10:51 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post 
Adorable chapter, Smurf in Hand! And what a relief seeing another lovely baby Smurf rescued, despite that terrible attack - and with a new tail! Now he's very happy - and so are we!! Keep on smurfin', my friend. [Enamored Smurf]

--------------------

Smurf in Hand
Smurf
Member # 1431

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-03-2008 04:41 PM      Profile for Smurf in Hand       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much, Squeaky [Smile]

Soon I'll be rescuing yet another baby smurf in a 4 part, 4 picture story. I have two drawings already complete.

The baby is a "runt", it's a bit smaller than even the other baby smurfs and hopefully very cute.

The poor little thing will go through a lot of hardship but trust me, it will end well.

Vega
Smurf
Member # 1321

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-04-2008 07:03 AM      Profile for Vega       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Smurf in Hand. I`ve been reading all chapters of your story and i must say, that they are really great. Especially the last chapter with Pom-Pom was very adorable. Because i like reading while listening to music i belive i have found a music background for the chapter with Pom-Pom.
This one might be for the beginning -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar_EW5szxS8&feature=related
And this one for the end -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er6oohz03Bk

Enjoy...

Smurf in Hand
Smurf
Member # 1431

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-05-2008 07:15 PM      Profile for Smurf in Hand       Edit/Delete Post 
Vega,

I truly enjoyed that. Not only am I touched that you cared to find fitting theme music for the story but I now know of some new music.

You’ve exemplary musical taste!

Vega
Smurf
Member # 1321

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-06-2008 05:21 PM      Profile for Vega       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much [Smile] I`m glad you enjoyed it. I just love "Enigma" and i just thought that those two musical compositions will perfectly fit to your new chapter. If you would like to, i could find some other background music for your future chapters.

Best regards.

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-06-2008 05:49 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really enjoying your story, Smurf in Hand. [Cool]

I sometimes treat my Smurf figures like baby Smurfs, put some in my pocket or purse, and take them with me to different places.

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Posts: 963 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Feb 2006

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2020 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.