Smurf at Last!                                                                  #BLUE LIVES MATTER
home | | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » "Gargamel's Revenge"
Author Topic: "Gargamel's Revenge"
johnchristianjr
Smurfling
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-14-2008 05:42 AM      Profile for johnchristianjr   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hey Guys!

New to this forum, but I came here to get some ideas on how to make Smurf costumes for my little, humorous video called "Gargamel's Revenge". I thought I'd post a link to the finished video!

It was fun making it, and let me tell you... it's a lot easier dressing up like Gargamel than covering yourself with blue paint! Ughh.... that was miserable!

The animated gif of the video is my avatar, and here it is full sized:

-

...but I really had to shorten and edit the video in order to make it a workable sized gif for my myspace page. So here's the full video (with sound... which is crucial):

Hope you enjoy it, and it was a great way to learn how to do Hollywood-like special effects.

-John

PS: Yeah, I know... Vanity's flower got washed out by the lighting. It's there, but you can barely see it.

--------------------
 -

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-14-2008 06:16 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
An excerpt from my EMPATH: The Luckiest Smurf fanfiction short story "The Innocence Of A Smurf", with Papa Smurf speaking a bit of appropriate wisdom:

“Revenge never satisfies anyone who smurfs for it so much, Hefty. Even when the one who is avenged smurfs the victory, it doesn’t smurf everything back to the way the avenged had smurfed it."

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply

johnchristianjr
Smurfling
Member # 2193

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-14-2008 07:50 AM      Profile for johnchristianjr   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
lol... well, it's GARGAMEL so what do you expect! Oh, and Azrael. I should give my cat acting kudos.

By the way, I forgot to mention that I got the Smurf theme music that I used from the Smurf's Christmas special. I wish that version was the theme that was commonly available... no talking, longer, and the full song vs. breaks in it.

--------------------
 -

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-14-2008 02:09 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Human or Smurf, the wisdom of that statement still stands...revenge never satisfies.

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-15-2008 09:40 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
That video is so funny [Big Grin] Good job.

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-18-2008 05:10 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm not sure Gargamel would go so far as to be puffing out clouds of smoke, whatever that may imply.

--------------------

swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-26-2008 03:42 AM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Meh!

--------------------
Every day in every way I am smurfy!

Posts: 421 | From: Kissimmee, Florida | Registered: Jan 2005
Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-13-2008 07:44 PM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
That's mad funny.

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

Kojinka Sketchette
Smurf
Member # 2365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-01-2008 01:00 AM      Profile for Kojinka Sketchette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
That's funny. There's just something amusing about Gargamel with a cigar.

--------------------
The village nutcase.

Binky
Smurf
Member # 2693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-05-2009 10:46 AM      Profile for Binky       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I suppose it makes sense because it is 'Created by Gargamel' as it says in the video. Those poor defenseless Smurfs.

--------------------
I smurf, therefore I smurf.

Ruffette
sammylurvesyou
Member # 2646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-05-2009 10:56 AM      Profile for Ruffette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
thtas a great video and its funny seeing gargamel with a cigar

--------------------
Ben eats bunnies...

Posts: 447 | From: windsor ontario canada | Registered: Dec 2008
Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-05-2009 11:38 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Great! Each actor was very well characterized and it was really hilarious seeing Gargamel smoking a cigar - in a gangster's typical attitude. [Gargamel] LOL!!

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4992 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Archive Smurf
Baraduke Brainy / De-Evolution Smurf / Space Harrier Brainy / Oingo Boingo Smurf / ToonerSmurf Inc. / Smurfus Norsmurficus / Archive Smurf
Member # 2350

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted 04-05-2009 12:33 PM      Profile for Archive Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
OK, well, not my favorite smurf art, John Christian Junior because of only two things:

1) Each smurf episode usually has a happy ending & it was not in a slightly poor way.
2) This episode is so violent. The noises make it more violent than the video itself so, this is like in my "Top 5" most violent smurf list on Blue Buddies.

So therefore, I would give it a C+.
I'm trying not to hurt your feelings but, I don't really like smurfs getting killed so badly like that.
[Angel Smurf]

DivineSheep
Smurf
Member # 1953

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-05-2009 01:01 PM      Profile for DivineSheep   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Lighten up sweetie, it's only a little joke [Smile] I've seen smurf art 10 times as violent...sometimes even sexual. the things you find on the internet... O_o

Very funny video, and done very professionaly. me likey [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Ohhh! we're the pepper pirates, we sail the seven seas, spices are our business, so pass the pepper please!"

Natural Smurf
Smurf
Member # 2702

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 04-06-2009 12:14 PM      Profile for Natural Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
John Christian JR,I really like your Animation Screens (AS) and I,Natural Smurf will give you a five and your Animations an A+ and Welcome to Smurf Family!
Archive Smurf
Baraduke Brainy / De-Evolution Smurf / Space Harrier Brainy / Oingo Boingo Smurf / ToonerSmurf Inc. / Smurfus Norsmurficus / Archive Smurf
Member # 2350

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted 04-17-2009 08:28 PM      Profile for Archive Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Divine sheep, I get what you mean. I've seen some 5 times as violent as this somewhere else.

Natural Smurf, I know you find this interesting, I liked the animations but, I don't like the violence is my personal opinion.
[Embarrassed] [Frown]

Here is why I give this a C+:

A for hollywood animations (so impressive). But,
F for violence.
D- for entertainment.

Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-26-2014 10:37 AM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
You're interpretation of Gargamel is pretty nice (young man with black hair and normal-looking nose) however I don't get why Gargamel killed the Smurfs except for Smurfette. What's the point of turning her evil again if you killed all the Smurfs?

Also, looks pretty sad and you left a few Smurfs out (Smurflings, Baby Smurf, etc.) except for that, it's pretty good. Whoever plays Gargamel in that video should play Gargamel in the James Cameron version of the Smurfs.

If you don't understand what I mean, click here:
http://bluebuddies.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/3633.html

Sweet Smurf 2
Smurf
Member # 5136

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-23-2014 08:17 PM      Profile for Sweet Smurf 2   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Also, did you use a script because I was thinking of reusing the concept of this video for my script for a James Cameron-directed reboot of the Smurfs!
Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted 11-24-2014 01:35 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sweet Smurf 2:
You're interpretation of Gargamel is pretty nice (young man with black hair and normal-looking nose) however I don't get why Gargamel killed the Smurfs except for Smurfette. What's the point of turning her evil again if you killed all the Smurfs?

Hmmm, perhaps because she was his creation? Or just as a King Kong-like touch? [Smurfette] [Happy Smurf] [Gargamel]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4992 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

WE HAVE MANY MORE PICTURES OF SMURFS THAN JUST THIS!
If you're looking for pictures of Smurfs, then what you see above is just the beginning of what we have to offer! BlueBuddies.com has thousands of Smurf pics and thousands of smurfy items of interest. To check out the whole gallery visit our main page - click here!
Sign-up for the Smurfs BBS and get a smurfy avatar like this beside your name - click here!
Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2020 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.