Smurf at Last!    Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » June Foray ( Jokey) pictures (Page 1)
Author Topic: June Foray ( Jokey) pictures
osmosis430
Smurfling
Member # 2114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-31-2008 11:00 PM      Profile for osmosis430   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hello

took these a few days before xmas at June Foray's she said some jokeys that i gave out enjoy

Click to see bigger June Foray Jokey pic!

--------------------
what Smurf you!

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-01-2008 12:45 AM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Wow, thanks for sharing these pics [Smile]

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-01-2008 05:48 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Great pics osmosis430! I'd love to hear her as Jokey again in the new movie. She has a nice smile!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-01-2008 06:04 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Jokey: "She's got a little surprise for you!"

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-03-2008 12:47 AM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oh my. That's really cute.

--------------------
Every day in every way I am smurfy!

Posts: 408 | From: Kissimmee, Florida | Registered: Jan 2005
Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-05-2008 06:33 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi osmosis430 have you asked her about the Smurf movie?? Does she have any thoughts does she want to be in it? She'd be awesome! Does she do the Jokey voice for you or Smurfette?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

osmosis430
Smurfling
Member # 2114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-05-2008 08:23 AM      Profile for osmosis430   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
hi

yes she does still break out into jokey or rocky,natasha,granny, or who ever if shes asked i spend alot of time with her so i dont think about it often

as for the movie she has no idea the studio hasnt contacted her about they will use a younger person which is a damm shame because she not going to be her long and she one of the last few surviving original smurf voice and they should honor her and use her for jokey the same goes for lucille bliss shes still with us and they could use her for smurfette and the same for alan oppenheimer for vanity but whos knows

i think it would be great to use the original cast if there still alive its all about respect

i can only hope the studio doesnt butcher the film and its true to the series.

--------------------
what Smurf you!

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-05-2008 08:38 AM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It would really be nice if they could use all the surviving voice actors of the Smurfs for this film. The problem these days for animated films is the companies tend to use the big time celebrities rather than voice actors who specialize in voice overs. Real darn shame for sure. I find it highly doubtful at best if the company (Paramount and Nickelodeon right?) would use any of the original voice actors. As a Smurf fan and a fan of voice actors in general I really think they should. Only three of the main voice actors from the Smurfs cartoon series are gone. Paul Winchell who voiced Gargamel, Don Messick who voiced Papa Smurf (who I'm convinced they can replace with John O'Hurley), and Hamilton Camp who voiced Harmony and Greedy. All the rest are still alive and working.
Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-05-2008 09:13 AM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I wonder about William Callaway, though. He voiced Clumsy and Painter Smurf. The last work the IMDB shows he did was Bonkers in 1993. I guess he retired, I don't know. I managed to record a quick clip of him from Taxi, I have it on one of my tapes somewhere. I did make a screen capture and had the images for a while, but can't find them anymore. I'll have to see if I still have the tape somewhere.
threeapplestall
Smurfling
Member # 2131

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 02-05-2008 06:06 PM      Profile for threeapplestall       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thats pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing. I checked out your myspace page too. You are pretty talanted!
osmosis430
Smurfling
Member # 2114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-06-2008 08:32 AM      Profile for osmosis430   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
thanks for the kind worrds i went to your site pretty cool

yes ive been collecting alot of smurfs as well i still had about 180 of them from childhood but in the past month 2 months i added at least 55 more to my collection

i have some pics of them at mypace pics section

anyway take care
Dave

--------------------
what Smurf you!

Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-06-2008 07:16 PM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks for posting the photos, osmosis430.

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

threeapplestall
Smurfling
Member # 2131

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 02-10-2008 09:14 AM      Profile for threeapplestall       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
55 Smurfs in the past two months! I understand that. Collecting can get soo addictive, and then when you stop for a while, you kinda go through withdrawal. hehe.
swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-10-2008 09:25 AM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by osmosis430:

as for the movie she has no idea the studio hasnt contacted her about they will use a younger person which is a damm shame because she not going to be her long and she one of the last few surviving original smurf voice and they should honor her and use her for jokey the same goes for lucille bliss shes still with us and they could use her for smurfette and the same for alan oppenheimer for vanity but whos knows

i think it would be great to use the original cast if there still alive its all about respect

i can only hope the studio doesnt butcher the film and its true to the series.

Hear hear! I hope they get in contact with the few surviving members for the film as well.

--------------------

swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-10-2008 09:30 AM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shane Jensen:
It would really be nice if they could use all the surviving voice actors of the Smurfs for this film. The problem these days for animated films is the companies tend to use the big time celebrities rather than voice actors who specialize in voice overs.

Sadly I agree. Most of the voice actors aren't good enough for The Big Hollywood types who only see movies like Transformers as a money making cow thing. [GNAP!]

quote:

Don Messick who voiced Papa Smurf (who I'm convinced they can replace with John O'Hurley), and Hamilton Camp who voiced Harmony and Greedy. All the rest are still alive and working.

John O' Hurley is an awesome idea. That I like.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-10-2008 10:46 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
...or John O'Hurley on helium...

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-10-2008 01:54 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Vic George 2K8:

John O'Hurley doesn't need helium. Don Messick didn't to sound like Papa Smurf, you should have heard Don's regular speaking voice, much deeper than John O'Hurley's. That's what makes these voice over professionals so good, they can change their voices in so many ways. Most Hollywood stars can't do that, they have to use their regular voices for their characters. Who wants that?
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-10-2008 02:04 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Cool out. Just humoring. Besides, I tend to do Papa Smurf's voice with a touch of a "helium voice", anyway. Sounds tons better than the dopeyish voice Papa Smurf got stuck with in the Englished version of The Smurfs And The Magic Flute.

--------------------

swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-10-2008 02:45 PM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
quote:

John O'Hurley doesn't need helium. Don Messick didn't to sound like Papa Smurf, you should have heard Don's regular speaking voice, much deeper than John O'Hurley's. That's what makes these voice over professionals so good, they can change their voices in so many ways. Most Hollywood stars can't do that, they have to use their regular voices for their characters. Who wants that?

You do know that sometimes the Smurf voices were speeded up a bit, right? Not like Chipmunks per se but just fast enough to be understood.

--------------------

swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-10-2008 02:47 PM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Cool out. Just humoring. Besides, I tend to do Papa Smurf's voice with a touch of a "helium voice", anyway. Sounds tons better than the dopeyish voice Papa Smurf got stuck with in the Englished version of The Smurfs And The Magic Flute.

I remember seeing two versions of that movie. One had Papa sounding more natural and deep and the other version which I have that made him sound like an old geezer.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-10-2008 02:59 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I think the voices were speeded up in the syndicated versions of the shorter episodes to get them to fit within the 30-minute running time of the Smurfs Adventures show (which started syndicating on independent networks in 1986 before going to USA, then Cartoon Network, and then onto Boomerang, and now nowhere).

I'm familiar that there were two different versions of the English version of The Smurfs And The Magic Flute, one of which where Peewit is renamed William. Strangely, the version I'm familiar with has Sir Johan referred to as Sir John throughout the whole thing.

--------------------

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-10-2008 03:56 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by swarlock:
quote:
quote:

You do know that sometimes the Smurf voices were speeded up a bit, right? Not like Chipmunks per se but just fast enough to be understood.

I don't think that's the case. I was listening to some sound clips online from a telephone interview with Don Messick. The clips no longer exist online, but Don at some points did a few of his cartoon voices and he did Papa Smurf EXACTLY like it sounds on the show. He went from his deep raspy normal voice to the Papa Smurf voice we all know, including that high pitched little laugh of Papa Smurf's. It was amazing, I figured they used some technique to slightly change his voice for the show, but nope, he was just THAT talented.

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-13-2014 08:52 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Only now I saw this topic. How smurfy seeing Ms. Foray and Jokey Smurf together! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 3981 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-14-2014 12:37 PM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
You're right Squeaky Ms. Foray looks smurftastic signing those Jokey's.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Richrod Smurf
Smurf
Member # 5003

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-14-2014 01:54 PM      Profile for Richrod Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
June Foray will be turning 97 later this year, and was recently honored at the 2013 Emmy Awards with the Governors' Award for her lifetime achievement in television, voice acting and philanthropy, particularly in the preservation of animation history as the co-founder of ASIFA-Hollywood, which hosts the Annie Awards. She will also be reprising her role as Rocky the Flying Squirrel in a new series of "Rocky and Bullwinkle" cartoons, according to fellow voice actor and blogger Rob Paulsen.
Posts: 333 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii | Registered: Sep 2013
Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2017 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.