Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie            Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | SMURF STORIES | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » 80's Cartoon/Smurf Fan Fiction in the works.
Author Topic: 80's Cartoon/Smurf Fan Fiction in the works.
Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted 11-13-2007 08:24 PM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Greetings, folks. This is my first topic I'm posting about an 80's cartoon/smurf fan fiction I'm in the process of doing. Before I begin, I'll start off by saying I'm kind of a new Smurf fan and I haven't been watching the Smurfs for too long. (I started watching it just last November) so if some of my Smurf info is wrong or confusing or if there's something about the cartoon I need to know, feel free to correct me.

With no further ado, I'll begin by telling you the synopsis. The main Smurf character of the story is Handy (by far my favorite Smurf character) and the art work depicting the events is gonna be done anime style. The story opens on December 31st 1989 with two characters from another 80's cartoon, the Snorks. They are Hugo and Long John and they live together on an island in a fancy home. (Taken from the episode "Snork Ahoy") Suddenly, the Time traveling Smurfs end up on the island and Hugo and Long John run over to find out what's happening. When they meet the two Snorks, all the Smurfs are pleased to meet them. That is all the Smurfs except Handy. Just one look at Hugo and Long John (or any Snork for that matter) and then the next thing he knows, he feels strangly depressed for some odd reason, but dosen't know why. And to make matters worse, after both Snorks agree to help the Smurfs get to Miami Beach where they can get help from True Heart Bear, Noble Heart Horse (from the Care Bears) Traveling Matt (From fraggle rock) and Corky (another Snork), while in their house, Handy hears a mysterious voice in his head saying that his "time is coming" and that he should consider this his distiny. Obviously, Handy dosen't even know what the heck was that supposed to mean, but after hearing the voice, he freaks out and runs to Hugo's bedroom. After a talk with Grandpa Smurf about what could be wrong with him, Handy feels better at least for the moment. After the Smurfs get on board a yacht they barrow from Hugo and Long John and leave, Hefty attempts to make sense of what happened to Handy by talking to him, however Handy gets mad at him and drives Hefty away. Suddenly a storm hits and everyone runs indoors to take cover. Just before Handy could leave the spot where he was at, the same voice he heard earlier stops him and then at that point Handy knows he's gone crazy. To add to the problem, Handy's star shaped birthmark (which I made up;Not in any real Smurf story) begins to burn like fire. After Hefty manages to get Handy inside a title wave hits and sinks the yacht. After the storm, the Smurfs are all lost out at sea and with more bad news, the time crystals have been destroyed. At this point, they meet the Snorks, Allstar, Casey, Dimmy, Daffney, Tooter and Corky. They 6 Snorks are heading to Miami to meet up with True Heart, Noble Heart and Travel Matt in Corky's sub. They promise to help the Smurfs by returning with help from True Heart, Noble Heart and Matt. True to their word, they perform the favor and later allow the Smurfs to tell their story of how they got lost in time. Allstar knows how they can help the Smurfs return to their village. He tells them that they can send the Smurfs back via his Uncle Galeo's time machine. The idea sits well with everybody else, but there is just one other problem. An evil Snork named Eli (from the Snorks episode All that Glitters is not Goldfish) is plotting to take over the world and successfully does so by opening a tomb of evil which consists of "demons" who are really most of the cartoons of today. The younger Smurfs are able to return to their village, but Papa Smurf and Grandpa stay to help Corky and the others find out who openned the tomb of evil and why. Once the Smurfs are back in the village, the first thing Handy wants to do and does is see Marina the mermaid (who didn't know that Handy and the others were even gone and doesn't find out til Handy meet up with her.) He tells her everything that happened during the time travels, but is too embarassed to tell her about his breakdown in fear that she would think of him as less of a man and more of a whimp.

17 years later, every Smurf is able to carry on with life lke before dispite the fact Papa Smurf and Grandpa are still in the future, but they both manage to visit from time to time. Sadly, the news for 2007 is awful. There are more demons invading the earth than before. Things don't look good for Handy either. For the past 17 years, he rarely left his house and his home is begining to rot and compile with cobwebs. As much as his house aged, Handy's face becomes of total gloom. As for everyone else things are perfect, mostly for Painter, who has made a new friend... Gusto from the Gummi Bears.

I'm gonna stop right here. I'll post more later. Feel free to express your opinions and feedback so I can improve it.

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-13-2007 08:40 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
A crossover tale featuring the Smurfs, the Snorks, the Care Bears, the Fraggles, and the Gummi Bears, from what I can gather in this reading.

By the way, my Empath Smurf fanfiction character has a star-shaped birthmark (or as the Smurfs call it, a "smurfmark") on his forehead.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply

Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-14-2007 11:25 AM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Well, yeah I guess a crossover story is one way to look at it. Perhaps the best way to describe it. By the way, Vic George, I have read some of your fan fictions. I honestly wasn't plagerizing your works about Empath. If you feel that what I'm writting is in any way shape or form similar I can always change what I'm doing. I can clarify and provide more details about Handy's birthmark if that helps.

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-14-2007 01:13 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I wasn't even suggesting that you were plagiarizing...I was just noticing something that seemed a bit familiar with my fanfiction character.

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-14-2007 01:44 PM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Well, alrightly then. That's cool. I'll proceed with the rest of the story.

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-14-2007 02:01 PM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
To continue, Painter and Gusto would share eachother's work and one day Gusto introduces Painter to some magic paints. By using these paints, that is if they were to paint a portrait of someone the paint on the canvas would reflect the inside of the person they painted. For example if they were to complete an image of someone evil, with every sin he/she commits the portrait would grow uglier. (Similar to that of Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray) If the character painted on the canvas is mostly good, then the image grows more beautiful as a reflection of the good that person commits.

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-14-2007 06:42 PM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Painter and Gusto agree to choose Handy for their subject and so they work on the image together. Once they complete it, Handy can't decide if he likes how they depicted him or not. The result of their painting captures Handy's recent condition and appearance without changing his melancholic look. The other Smurfs and Gummi Bears critque the art work and honestly express that there is no way of mistaking the smurf in the picture. The smurfs all agree Handy hasn't been the same since he and the rest of the few time traveling Smurfs returned to the village and that it seems a totally different Smurf had replaced that once so plesant lively smurf he used to be. Agreeing that everyone is right about the portrait, Handy takes the painting and locks it up in his closet (which is filled with mildew). Later Eli (who still hasn't been discovered for his crime back in 1989 of December) decides he wants to time travel and the first time period he goes to is the Middle Ages where the Smurfs and the Gummi Bears live. He uses his own set of time crystals and once he gets there, he meets Painter and Gusto asks them what they do best. They both tell him that they paint and Eli wants them to paint a portrait him. For some reason, Painter doesn't trust Eli and has a feeling that he was the one who "smurf open the tomb of evil", so he and Gusto use the magic paints to find out so with every act Eli commits, it will be reflected on the painting. They agree to do the favor and the painting of Eli in contrast to Handy's is beautiful and charming. When Eli takes a swim in the sea, he meets Marina and he feels that he's falling in love with her. He doesn't talk for a long time with her, he just introduces himself and leaves, but later when he looks into his crystal ball, he learns about Handy and that he's Marina's true love. With that, Eli becomes jealous and wants to know more about Handy. The next thing Eli discovers is Handy's star-shaped birthmark,which he instantly could tell it was the "star of Atlantica", a rare birthmark in which very few Smurfs inherit from their parents in which once they reach the age of 170 years, they become mersmurfs and after their evolution, they will be crowned prince (or princess) of Atlantica after their parents. After recieving such information, Eli decides that maybe he can become the prince of Atlantica (dispite the fact he's a Snork, but he knows that Snorks and Smurfs are no different than eachother) and win Marina's heart after all...by killing Handy before his 170th birthday and can perminantly become a full merman. Again the whole merman and star shaped birthmark is purely my idea.

I'll continue later.

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-14-2007 10:11 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
That sounds like a fun story...plan on writting it with dialogue soon? BTW, did you get a chance to read my fanfics?

I have just two more chapters to complete then the third story is done. After I may do one very last story that will bring the whole Smurf's tale in full circle (coming back to the time-traveling season...just to give a little hint).

Stay Creative.
Raven Child.

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-15-2007 05:38 PM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Well, thanks Raven Child. I'm glad you like it so far. To answer your question about writting a dialogue, I am in the process of typing one, however since I plan for this story and my art work to be done anime style, I'm trying to consider if I should do my story like a real manga comic or should I write it in the format of a script and place my art work in captions. That's something I can't seem to decide. I'm open to everyone's suggestions. To respond to your second question, I have read your fanfictions and I think that they are awsome. I still havn't finished reading the second one (Return to Smurfette Village), but I like what you've written and I also like your art work,too. Keep it up. And finally, I recall reading in one of your posts that you mentioned something about writting an ending to the time traveling season. I look forward to reading that one if you can get to doing it and once I finish reading the second story you wrote I'll be sure check out the other one How things Smurf as well.

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-15-2007 08:10 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Most of my EMPATH fanfiction short stories started off as just descriptions with no character dialogue, then I started to create them with character dialogue and more detail in the action. So far I have at least 13 of these short stories complete in the dialogue-and-action format, but there's still like a few dozen or so that I have yet to even try to convert into this format.

As far as how you want to do it, it's entirely up to you. I originally started doing the EMPATH fanfiction novel in the form of a graphic novel as far back as 1986, but eventually I decided it was much easier to do the story in the form of a traditional novel, which was how it was written from 1993 to 2000. There's still things I'm trying to work out visually, such as how the place called Psychelia looks.

--------------------

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-16-2007 12:26 AM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Marianamersmurf:
Well, thanks Raven Child. I'm glad you like it so far. To answer your question about writting a dialogue, I am in the process of typing one, however since I plan for this story and my art work to be done anime style, I'm trying to consider if I should do my story like a real manga comic or should I write it in the format of a script and place my art work in captions. That's something I can't seem to decide. I'm open to everyone's suggestions. To respond to your second question, I have read your fanfictions and I think that they are awsome. I still havn't finished reading the second one (Return to Smurfette Village), but I like what you've written and I also like your art work,too. Keep it up. And finally, I recall reading in one of your posts that you mentioned something about writting an ending to the time traveling season. I look forward to reading that one if you can get to doing it and once I finish reading the second story you wrote I'll be sure check out the other one How things Smurf as well.

Anime version of the Smurfs, hmm, defiantly sounds fasinating. Thanks for the compliment about my story. With luck I will start getting some free time to start writing the last story soon...

Stay Creative.

--------------------

Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-16-2007 06:09 PM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
You are so welcome, Raven Child and I'm glad you think my idea of doing my story in an anime format is fasinating. Okay, I'll admit when I started this story I didn't orginally decide to create it in that style. I intended for my work to be done in 3-D, but I had a difficult time trying to make a decent 3-D picture, so after struggling so much, I called the quits and from that point on I began mimicing the Japanese style which not only did I like better, but it's something I do best.

As for how I'm gonna write this story, well I'll take some time to think about that. I'm in no hurry.

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-16-2007 06:52 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
If I get time I might try modeling a smurf in 3D. But lately I barely have time to sleep, lol...

Take your time with your story, I am with mine.

Stay Creative!

--------------------

Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-16-2007 07:11 PM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oh, I sure will. [Wink] I'll now proceed with the story...

To carry on, Eli now planted a seed in his own mind that he really wants to take Handy's life in order to get what he wants, so he brainstorms ideas of how he's gonna do it and how he's gonna avoid getting caught. Eli gets a chance to meet Handy after Painter introduces him. Eli invites Handy to fence with him, but secretly the reason he invites him to fence is to get a sense of Handy's strenghts and weaknesses. Handy naively agrees to it and they fence until one of them wins. Eli learns Handy is a much stronger fighter than he thought, but for the most part by what he observed, he can clearly see that most of the time Handy's mind is not always focused on what he's doing(which he adresses that to him). This made Eli's day for sure now that at that point he knew how easy it will be to kill him. He attempts to do so an hour after Handy leaves so when he least expects it, Eli attacks him. However, he fails to succeed at the murder, because someone (not gonna reveal who til my fan fiction is done) saves Handy's life and Eli was lucky enough not to have been caught. On a stormy night close to the midnight hour while everyone's asleep, Handy is the only one who stays awake in fear of his fate and how everyone views him nowadays. He knew Eli was right when he told him that he doesn't stay focused on what he's doing after losing at fancing and nearly being killed, he sees his fellow smurfs were right about how he's changed for the worst. Everyday of his life he can still hear the voice in his head tormenting him. Handy steps out into the storm and sits on the dock until he sees Marina swimming towards the shore and then is being attacked. With that, Handy tables off his problems and jumps into the sea to rescue her. Once Handy is in the water, he realizes that he's growing gills, but doesn't stop to worry about it. Once he saves Marina, she thanks him for saving her life and then she explains why she was swimming so late at night. After she brings Handy back to shore, she reveals to him that King Neptune assigned her an important mission. 17 years ago (around the time the story began), King Neptune asked Marina to gaurd 20 crystals known as the legendary evolution crystals.

I'm gonna pause right here and later I'll explain what the crystals do and how they work.

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-27-2007 05:40 PM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's how the evolution crystals work and what they do. Well, for one they a used for evolution (obviously). However, they are assigned to certain 80's characters. For example, the way I decided to write this, there will be 20 evolution crystals. Four of them consists of "water power", another four consists of "fire power", another four consists of the power of the earth, another four consists of lightning power and the last consists of the power of light.
Handy is assigned one of the water crystals as well as one of the Snorks, one of the Care Bears and one of the Fraggles.
Hefty gets one of the fire crystals as well as one of the Snorks, one of the Care Bears and one of the Fraggles.
Farmer gets the Earth crystal and same concept as above.
Greedy gets the lightning crystal. (Same sinario)
And Smurfette gets the power of light crystal. (Similar as above)

For better understanding, here's a chart:

Water Power: Handy (Smurf) All-Star (Snork) Grumpy (Care Bear) and Boober (Fraggle)

Fire Power: Hefty (Smurf) Daffney (Snork) Tenderheart (care Bear) and Gobo (fraggle)

Power of The Earth: Farmer (Smurf) Tooter (Snork) Good-Luck (Care Bear) and Wembly (Fraggle)

Lightning Power: Greedy (Smurf) Dimmy (Snork) Funshine (Care Bear) and Red (Fraggle)

Power of Light: Smurfette, Casey (Snork) Cheer (Care Bear) and Mokey (Fraggle)

In order for them to evolve, they have to place the palm of their hands on their given crystal and "swear in blood" to use their powers to protect the world from destruction and after a second, their appearences change a little, but not too much. However, once they evolve, they can NEVER change back to they way they used to be. In their evolved forms they gain new powers which they have an entire week to get adjusted to before fighting evil.
That's all for the synopis. I won't tell you anymore. You'll have to wait until I release my fan fiction, which will be on my very own website. I might even post it on fanfiction.net. Chow for now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Don't ask anything like "what's gonna happen next?" I'll just say nice try, but you'll have to wait. Other than that, you're welcome to ask me anything you wish to ask like if something I wrote is confusing to you, I'll gladly explain it more clearly or you can ask me what inspired me to write this story and I'll tell you. Questions like those I'll accept.
Cheers!

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-30-2007 02:54 PM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oh, by the way, Raven Child, if you get the chance to model a smurf in 3-D, could you also post it and explain to me how you did it? I'd really like that very much. Thanks!

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-30-2007 09:17 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
ok...I"ll see what I can do...first I need the time to do this...we will see during the xmas break...or after I finish the course at the end of April...

Take Care.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2020 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.