Smurf at Last!                         Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » Some "Mirror Universe" Smurfs (Page 2)
Author Topic: Some "Mirror Universe" Smurfs
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-18-2010 05:53 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's an interesting thought I came up with as I was thinking of who would be doing the voices of the characters: where I would still maintain having at least normal Empath being voiced by Robert Duncan McNeil (Lt. Tom Paris of Star Trek: Voyager), mirror universe Empath could have a different voice, particularly that of Robin Atkin Downes' Travis Touchdown from the No More Heroes game series, to make the two Empaths seem like night and day. Normal Empath would still maintain the boyish charm/manly heroic voice, while mirror universe Empath would have a more sinister street punk-ish voice.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted 11-18-2010 09:41 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Vic, your 'Mirror Universe' mean Smurfs gallery is pretty awesome, and I enjoyed seeing good-guy Gargamel too!
Here's a suggestion for good-kitty-Azrael... The Smurf is one of your "baddies", of course. [Wink]

- [Azrael] [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4604 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-18-2010 01:55 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Robin Atkin Downes works as a great mirror-universe voice to Robert Duncan McNeill (aka normal Empath). They are similar enough sounding to be believable for the contrasting Empath roles, yet Robin Atkin Downes does have that "here comes trouble" sound to his voice.

Great sketch, Squeaky! The Baddie Smurf is literally cracking the whip on Azrael! *shiver*

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-19-2010 09:37 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
(LAUGH) [Big Grin] Thank you very much, Sassette!! [Azrael] [Mad] [Sassette Smurfling]

--------------------

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-19-2010 03:24 PM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I think that all mirror universe characters should wear goatees, and if they have beards they wear a goatee on top of their beard. lol

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-19-2010 03:26 PM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oohhh poor lil Azrael!! Not that he doesn't deserve it!

GREAT job Squeaky!!

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-19-2010 03:47 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Smurfy1For2:
Oohhh poor lil Azrael!! Not that he doesn't deserve it!

GREAT job Squeaky!!

Oh, but this time he really doesn't, hehehe... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Because in "Mirror Universe" he and Gargamel become the "good guys"! [Mad] [Gargamel] [Azrael] Thank you very much!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted 09-07-2011 07:14 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's Good Kitty Azrael color version:

-

[Big Grin] [Azrael]

--------------------

VicyJoe
Smurf
Member # 3538

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-07-2011 10:51 PM      Profile for VicyJoe       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Vic George 2K6:
A work-in-progress image of Empath and Polaris confronting the mirror versions of Papa Smurf and Empath:

-

I think I know where you got your inspiration from. It is from the cover art of the 2000 Smurf album "Le Menace Schtroumpf" (The Smurf Menace). Here is the covert art:

-

I made partial translations of the text to undersand the plot which involves the aggressive "Gray Smurfs" and how Papa Smurf created them using magic as to teach the increasingly uncivil Smurfs what will they be like if their continue in their bad behavior. Unfortunately, things went wrong and the Gray Smurfs attacked the real Smurfs, destroyed their village, and enslaved them.

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-08-2011 03:54 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I have the comic book in Dutch, and unfortunately the only language I can read is English, so I'm basically guessing that's what happens through reading the action in the panels.

Anyway, my inspiration for the mirror universe Smurfs is actually from the Star Trek franchise, with my color-reversed Smurfs based on a design I had for a Papa Smurf villain in a Smurfs fanfiction story I was developing prior to the Empath: The Luckiest Smurf story back in the 1980s.

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-08-2011 04:11 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Anyway, the idea for my story called "The Other Side Of The Mirror" is this:

Empath and Polaris during their journey around the world discover a mirror that has no reflection. Empath touches it and is instantly pulled through the mirror. Polaris does the same and also winds up in the same place that Empath does: back in the Smurf forest. But strangely, the Smurf forest is different -- not only is everything mirror-reversed, but also the forest looks rather unfriendly. Soon they find themselves captured by a Wild Smurf whom they noticed is all red. A few other Smurfs show up and they too are all red. Empath and Polaris are then taken to a Smurf Village that looks all run down and fenced in, more like a medieval military base, and they see for themselves that the Smurfs here are all red, and more than that act very evil. Empath and Polaris are taken to Papa Smurf, who then has his Empath forcibly scan Empath for what he knows and where he comes from. There's a lot of details between this part and a later scene where Empath and Polaris escape this village that I don't know about, but Empath and Polaris escape and seek help from two different sources: Empath goes to visit Gargamel, who in this universe is a peaceful wizard who has a good-hearted apprentice named Scruple and a nice cat named Azrael, while Polaris goes to meet the Psyches, who in this universe are rather emotional and have a Psyche Master who isn't afraid of showing who he is. Together Empath and Polaris convince them that the Smurfs in this universe are a danger that need to be stopped, and they basically band together in an all-out battle with the Smurfs, which gets even worse when the evil Handy unleashes an army of self-replicating Clockwork Smurfs. Ultimately, though, the Smurfs are defeated and captured by Gargamel, who then uses the Key of Chronos in his universe to exile them forever from the present so that they can do no more harm to anyone. Gargamel also helps Empath and Polaris return to their own universe through the mirror linking the two worlds universe, though it causes the mirrors on both ends to shatter, meaning the link between the worlds has been severed.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-08-2011 04:21 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Smurfy1For2:
I think that all mirror universe characters should wear goatees, and if they have beards they wear a goatee on top of their beard. lol

The goatees are for the Schliphargon race, which will be an ongoing menace to the Smurfs, particularly Empath.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-08-2011 03:21 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
What Mirror Universe Papa Smurf might look like in a live-action movie:
 -

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted 09-09-2011 10:29 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Perfect job, Papa only could get an angrier expression to look evil. [Mad] [Smile] [GNAP!]

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-09-2011 12:38 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Don't trust his "this is a harmless smurfberry" look. You don't know what he's done to them!

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-09-2011 07:08 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hmmm, this makes sense. [Eek!]

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-24-2012 06:42 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Grouchy vs. Grouchy
 -

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-24-2012 07:37 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hefty vs. Hefty
 -

--------------------

Amy Sue Smurfette
Nurturer Smurf / The Odd Smurf
Member # 4050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-25-2012 09:51 AM      Profile for Amy Sue Smurfette   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Vic, this is positively smepic!!! i love this idea!!!!!

--------------------
we're all someone's little fangirl.

https://www.facebook.com/AmySuzySmurfyQ

Posts: 903 | From: fah fah aweeey... | Registered: Oct 2011
Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-26-2012 05:17 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Very cool new "Mirror Universe" Smurf art, Vic! Bad Grouchy looks sinister with his smile, and Evil Hefty looks a Smurf version of a villain from a dystopian world (eg 'Mad Max', 'Judge Dredd')... [Eek!]
Now I imagine the meeting between Brainy and his wicked counterpart...

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-03-2012 02:16 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Somebody over at Smurfs Fanon Wiki decided to create their own version of the Mirror Universe Smurfs...and so was born the Khurfs Fanon Wiki. Enjoy.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-17-2018 03:17 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
SUCCESS!!! I finally created and finished (for the most part) my EMPATH: The Luckiest Smurf story "Smurfed Behind: The Other Side Of The Mirror" featuring the Mirror Universe Smurfs. It's now posted on Smurfs Fanon Wiki and Vic George's Imaginarium if you want to take a look at it.

--------------------

hemble
Smurf
Member # 6928

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-17-2018 02:43 PM      Profile for hemble  hemble's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Love your take on the mirror universe smurfs they look awesome.
Ariel author of The Lost Smurfette
Smurf
Member # 5345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-17-2018 03:34 PM      Profile for Ariel author of The Lost Smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
This soo has me wondering what my OC looks like from the mirror universe

--------------------
I may not always have the answer, but when I do, I stick with it!
My fanfic: http://bluebuddies.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/3803.html
Submit art for the story:
]http://bluebuddies.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/4000.html#000000

Posts: 994 | From: Lost and homeless in central Florida with my mom | Registered: Aug 2014
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-19-2018 03:27 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
As a nod to Shane Jensen, here's Mirror Universe Sweepy.

-

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2018 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.