Smurf at Last!                         Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » Some "Mirror Universe" Smurfs (Page 1)
Author Topic: Some "Mirror Universe" Smurfs
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-21-2007 07:10 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's what Papa Smurf would look like in a "mirror universe" similar to that of Star Trek:

-

And here's the "mirror universe" Empath:

-

And, of course, the "mirror universe" Smurfette:

-

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-21-2007 08:12 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Just thinking of what the prologue version of the "mirror universe" Smurfs episode would sound like:

Narrator:
"Long, long ago, deep in a forest, there was a hidden village where tiny red creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were evil." (Pause as we see these Smurfs in evil torturous action.) "And then there was Gargamel, a human wizard. He was good."

Gargamel:
"Oooh, I can't stand those Smurfs!" (Pause as we see Azrael being chased off by a Smurf.) "One of these days, I'll find those Smurfs, and I'll put a stop to their evil ways, once and for all, if that's the last thing I'll ever do. No human will ever have to put up with these creatures anymore."

Narrator:
"The forest is still there. If you listen, you may hear Gargamel's promise. But if you're not careful, you may catch a glimpse...of the Smurfs!"

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-22-2007 04:03 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Super cool Vic George 2K6! So, What does Gargamel look like?"?

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-22-2007 08:37 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Haven't worked on him yet. He won't have reversed colors, though he will have a clean white robe on, but he will look much nicer than his normal universe counterpart.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-22-2007 09:08 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
My first effort in creating a "mirror universe" Gargamel:

-

--------------------

Vega
Smurf
Member # 1321

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-22-2007 09:15 AM      Profile for Vega       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hey that prologue sounds very cool. I like it even better than the normal one [Razz] Very cool pictures Vic.
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-22-2007 10:44 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
A work-in-progress image of Empath and Polaris confronting the mirror versions of Papa Smurf and Empath:

-

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-23-2007 07:19 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I love this idea and the pictures are great. The Mirror Universe Smurfette is really cool. She looks like trouble with a capital "T". And the Mirror Universe Gargamel looks great too - I would imagine he would have been harder to do than the others. I guess Azrael would be a fluffy, sweet looking kitty!

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-24-2007 06:16 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Well, the thing about creating a "mirror universe" Gargamel is to make him look like he had never been tainted by evil or any kind of misfortune, that he actually has a benevolent heart that hurts even when confronted by the likes of the mirror Smurfs yet never thinks of seeking revenge, that he actually enjoys the company of his cat Azrael (which, by the way, in the normal universe comes from the name of a god of death, but in the mirror universe probably has the opposite meaning), and that he would adopt Scruple as his apprentice and even encourage him in his studies. To that effect, I gave the mirror Gargamel a full head of neatly-trimmed hair, removed most of the face lines and the double chin that his normal self has, and gave him a clean white robe with a gold band around the middle. It would have been better if I actually made him stand upright instead of being hunched down like his normal self.

Mirror Smurfette is actually a copy of a Smurf character I created for the now-defunct Smurf Of The 90's website called Ivana Smurfalott, who is actually a villainous Smurf character who is part of an Imaginarium fantasy scenario involving a spy story that Slouchy Smurf as the main hero character plays.

Anyway, to continue on the theme of "mirror universe" Smurfs, here's one I created of Wild Smurf:

-

And, though probably not the best effort, a "mirror universe" version of Empath's friend Polaris Psyche (who in that universe never even met its Empath):

-

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-24-2007 11:05 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Just thinking about voice actors for the "mirror universe" characters: hypothetically speaking, of course, while Don Messick would have done a very convincing Mirror Papa Smurf, and Lucille Bliss could probably do Mirror Smurfette some justice, I have trouble trying to imagine Paul Winchell doing an equally convincing Mirror Gargamel. And while Robert Duncan McNeil has done an evil version of Lt. Tom Paris (or rather, a body-switching alien masquerading as Lt. Tom Paris) in the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Vis A Vis", I'm not sure how well his voice would be in handling Mirror Empath.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-24-2007 05:08 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm starting to post more of my "mirror universe" Smurfs characters at Raven Child's The Smurf Village Yahoo! eGroup, which so far has included the likes of Grandpa Smurf (yes, even he gets a mirror self!), Tapper, Clockwork Smurf, and Puppy.

--------------------

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-24-2007 06:32 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Can you do a mirror Sweepy Smurf, too?
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-24-2007 07:42 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Mirror Sweepy...LOL...now there's a challenge!!!

--------------------

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-24-2007 08:16 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Yeah, lol. Should be interesting. [Smile]
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-24-2007 08:43 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I've got it done and posted in the Mirror Universe Smurfs folder of The Smurf Village eGroup! Of course, he doesn't look much different from his normal universe counterpart, aside from the obvious color swapping.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-25-2007 07:23 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Now working on (get this!) Mirror Universe Nanny Smurf. I had to create her normal image from scratch using an existing Smurfette pose as a template and a front-side picture of her PVC as a reference point. Mirror Smoogle (if I even decide to create him) may be more of a challenge.

Okay, she's done. Here's a picture of both her normal self and her Mirror Universe self:

-

--------------------

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-26-2007 03:29 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Great pics Vic George 2K6! I wouldn't want to meet the alternate Wild Smurf in a dark alley anytime soon!

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-15-2007 09:07 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
And here we go with both the normal and mirror versions of Smoogle:

-

--------------------

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-16-2007 06:27 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Evil Smoogle's fangs and firey tale are scary Vic George 2K6!

[Eek!]

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-16-2007 03:14 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The tail is supposed to be a spiky kind of furry, NOT fiery. Given how quickly I've assembled the original Smoogle image from a freeze-frame of "G'Day Smoogle", Mirror Smoogle looks rather rushed, with nothing more than fangs, scratch marks, and a spiky tail to differentiate him from his normal counterpart.

--------------------

Vega
Smurf
Member # 1321

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-17-2007 08:43 AM      Profile for Vega       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Very cool idea with those mirror universe smurfs. All your pics are great, especially Smoogle got my attention, and somehow i like him more in his evil version, don`t know why. Just letting you know [Wink]
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-18-2007 05:16 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I love these drawings! Can't wait to see more mirror universe smurfs... what about Brainy Smurf?

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-18-2007 07:21 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
All of my "mirror universe" Smurfs characters done thus far are at Raven Child's Smurf Village Yahoo! eGroup, in the Files section.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-18-2007 09:57 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
My Mirror Universe Smurfs are now on my Who's Who Of The Smurf Universe section as a separate page.

As an interesting piece of trivia, the image I created of Normal Empath and Polaris facing off against Mirror Empath and Papa Smurf is based on the cover image from a European Smurf comic book, where the Smurfs deal with evil duplicates of themselves with a slightly darker (not reversed) color scheme.

--------------------

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-21-2007 11:28 AM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Your "mirror universe" Smurfs are very cool, Vic George 2K6. [Smurfette]

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Posts: 963 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Feb 2006
Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2018 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.