Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie                     Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » "The Smurfs Meets Thomas & Friends", A fictional story from my dreams. (Page 7)
Author Topic: "The Smurfs Meets Thomas & Friends", A fictional story from my dreams.
Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-22-2008 09:58 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
My, I can hardly wait! [Happy Smurf]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4900 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-23-2008 10:06 AM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 11: Spending Final Moments (Grouchy And James’ Best Smurfy Time)

Last time, things lead up to a disaster, but at the end, a touching moment. Now, you all know that the Engine in trouble is none other than James. Why? He lost his temper and gave the troublesome trucks the biggest bump, and they got back at James by pushing him and causing a runaway. And this had lead to a derailment and James’ third accident that involves the job that he really and truly hates, which is a slow goods train. During the accident, the Smurfs had met another one of Thomas’ friends, Molly. The two Engines and the Smurfs were horrified and sad for seeing the whole thing, but Grouchy was mostly the one who is very heartsore for James. Thomas and Molly couldn’t find some ways to get James back on the rails, but luckily, Papa came to the rescue, and by using magic, the wizard Smurf managed to get James back on the rails. Then suddenly, as Grouchy was about to apologize to James, the #5 engine yelled and blamed him for causing his third major accident to happen. But, Brainy and Papa told James to explain on how his unsmurfy day went and what caused his accident to happen. But still, after telling the whole story, James still blames on Grouchy, and he called the not-so-grouchy Smurf the longest insult than ever. And this had lead Grouchy to feeling heartsore and crying his eyes out in a hurt-feeling emotion. After seeing the emotions from the two, Papa had started his conversation with James, telling him that Grouchy does indeed have a positive side of himself, of which he expresses it quite often. At first, James didn’t believed it, but Papa proved it by telling James the story about Grouchy and his life history, of which the #5 engine accepts. And after he finished, James was surprised and couldn’t believe it, and he also felt guilty and sad for what he had done to Grouchy. After Papa had settled things, the wizard Smurf went to Grouchy and told him that James is ready for the former bad-tempered Smurf’s apology. And with some encouragement and support from Thomas, Molly, and the Smurfs, the two accepted their apologies and became good new friends! And to celebrate their new formed friendship, James asked Papa if Grouchy can come along with him, and the village leader approved it.(And Baby Smurf also wants to come along with them too!) And after that touching moment, Thomas showed the Smurfs more of the sights on Sodor, and now it had came to an end. Now, while Thomas and the Smurfs are heading back to Tidmouth Sheds, Grouchy and James are now starting their best quality time together. But what will they do you all asked? Well, let’s puff and smurf out now shall we?! But first, let’s go to Thomas and the Smurfs.

After finishing his job on giving the visitors(and the Smurfs) the tour on the Island of Sodor, Thomas arrived at Knapford Station to drop the visitors off.

The visitors thanked Thomas for giving them the tour of the island. And Thomas was very pleased.

“Come and visit the Island of Sodor next time and soon.” Thomas tooted to the visitors, “And come by here as long as you all like, too.” And with two toots, “[PEEP! PEEP!]” Thomas chuffed away to Knapford Yards.

When Thomas arrived at Knapford Yards, he dropped off and uncoupled Annie and Clarabel.

“Alright, my coaches.” Thomas puffed, “It’s time to say good-bye to the Smurfs.”

“Yes, Thomas.” Said the coaches, “Smurfs, it was wonderful to meet you all.”

“And it’s smurfy to smurf you two, also.” Said Smurfette happily.

“Well then, good-bye Smurfs.” Chimed Annie and Clarabel, “And good luck finding your way home.”

“Good-bye, Annie. Good-bye, Clarabel.” Said the Smurfs, “And thank you.”

And with a wheesh of steam, Thomas huffed off to Tidmouth Sheds.

When Thomas arrived at the sheds, all of his friends are already there, except indeed James. The little blue tank engine puffed on to the turntable, spun himself around, reversed back, and parked himself between Percy and the empty space of which is for James.

“Welcome back again, Thomas.” Peeped Percy.

“And right on time, too.” Chirped Emily.

“But where’s James?” Wondered Edward.

“Ohh, he’s still out there.” Said Thomas.

“But where?” Ranged Toby.

“Everywhere around the island!” Tooted Thomas excitedly.

“Enjoying his best smurfy time ever with a very special and new friend.” Said Papa grandly.

“Ooh, who’s the special and new friend?” Henry puffed eagerly.

But then, Gordon notice something. He could see that as he counted the Smurfs, only 15 are presented.

Gordon was puzzled. “Umm, Papa Smurf?” He replied to the elder Smurf, “I noticed that there’s only 15 of you all, and 2 are missing.”

“Well, Gordon.” Papa said to big blue tender engine, “The first missing one is Baby Smurf. But the other one is the special and new friend that he’s also with him and James.”

“Well come on!” Boomed Gordon impatiently, “Who is he?!”

“Here’s a hint.” Giggled Thomas, “Recount the Smurfs that are here with us.”

So the Engines recounted and identified the Smurfs. And even their personalities.

“Hmm.” Pondered the Engines.

“Well, some of the Smurfs are here.” Puffed Henry.

“And Baby Smurfs’ with James.” Added Toby.

“But who’s the another one with James also?” Put in Percy.

And again, the Engines felt clueless.

But suddenly, Edward loudly blew his whistle. “[PEEP-PEEP-PEEP!] Bouncing buffers! I know who‘s the mysterious Smurf is!” He shouted.

“What?!” Whistled the Engines.

“Don’t you all see?!” Chuffed Edward, “I realized that the Smurfs are always smiling! But, there’s one Smurf that doesn’t always smile!”

“[GASP] No!” Shrieked Emily, “It can’t be!”

“Impossible!” Henry tooted.

“Unbelievable!” Boomed Gordon.

“Yes!” Whistled Thomas joyfully, “James’ special and new friend is the one and only…!”

“GROUCHY SMURF!” Said the Engines in unison.

“But how could this be?!” Steamed Toby.

“We thought they don’t like each other!” Percy puffed.

“Well, my friends.” Thomas said happily, “I’ll explain everything, from the way beginning.”

So Thomas started telling his friends all about James and Grouchy. He told them everything, from the mid-size red tender engine’s third major accident, the now very-happy Smurf’s change of heart, to their newly formed friendship.

At first, the Engines were shocked to hear about James’ third major accident, but they are very happy to hear that the #5 engine and the former bad-tempered Smurf had settled their feelings and became good new friends.

“Oh, I’m indeed very happy for them.” Tooted Emily.

“What a touching moment.” Ranged Toby.

“Who knew that Grouchy does have a heart of gold after all.” Peeped Percy.

“And I knew it all along that something good for James had just came around the bend.” Said Edward happily, “And it just did.”

“But we’re very shocked to hear about James’ third major accident that involves the job that he really and truly hates.” Henry puffed, “And some of us felt guilty for teasing him. And we’re really sorry for him, too.”

“Well, you should smurf him that when he gets home.” Said Papa wisely.

“And I agree.” Said Edward.

“Me too.” Put in Thomas.

“But still fancy for James for letting his trucks runaway.” Sniffed Gordon.

“Gordon!” Snapped the Engines.

“Well it’s true!” Said Gordon seriously, but he felt outnumbered. “Oh, bother!”

And the Smurfs couldn’t help but giggle. “[Smurfs giggling]”

“So Papa Smurf,” Thomas said to the village leader, “How will you and your Smurfs are gonna get back to your time period?”

“With these, Thomas.” Said Papa as he pointed to Grandpa.

Grandpa reached into his very long beard and pulled out a sack. Then he handed the sack to Papa.

Papa then turned to Thomas and his friends. He reached into the sack, and pulled out the time crystals and showed it to the Engines.

The Engines are amazed.

“Whoo, pretty!” Said Percy amazingly, “But, what are those?”

“They’re crystals, Percy.” Described Edward.

“Oh, but not just ordinary crystals.” Replied Grandpa.

“They’re time crystals!” Said Snappy and Sassette.

“Oh, so those are the time crystals!” Tooted Thomas.

“And that’s how you Smurfs time-travel.” Chirped Emily.

“And it would exciting for us Engines to time-travel.” Henry chuffed.

“And that would be an adventure.” Toby wheeshed.

“But we can’t just leave the island.” Said Gordon truthfully, “We’re the Fat Controller’s best Engines. And not to mention guarantee connections, too.”

And the Engines had to agree, and they know that Gordon is right.

“Alright now.” Papa spoke up, “I’ll start assembling the crystals. And in the meantime, why don’t you Engines and Smurfs have some more time together while I work.”

“Of course, Papa Smurf.” Said the Engines.

“Yes, Papa Smurfs.” Said the Smurfs.

“And Papa Smurf,” Replied Brainy, “Can I puh-lease help you this time? Smurfy please?” He begged.

But Papa doesn’t really want Brainy to help. So he had an idea. “I know what you should smurf, Brainy.” He said, “Why don’t you smurf your quotations to the Engines?”

“Ooh, smurfy idea.” Said Brainy, “Now why I haven’t smurf of that in the first place? Oh well.” And he went off to talk to the Engines.

“Well, at least that’ll smurf him busy.” Sighed Papa. “But I can’t wait to see how the Engines will react when Brainy smurfs out his quotations to them, and I can imagine.” He said cheekily, and he had to giggle but quietly. “[Papa giggling quietly]”

And so, Papa had started working on assembling the time crystals while his little Smurfs are starting to have their long and final moments with the Engines before their departure. Although, the Engines and the Smurfs have something else in their minds. They’re thinking about Grouchy and James, and their best quality time together. But they’re imagining it right now.

At long last, at the end of the line at the eastern part of the island, James has finally finished his job of pulling his slow goods train, and he was glad that his dirty and most hated job is over. Grouchy was also very glad that James’ dirty job is over too.

And indeed, the troublesome trucks did behave well along the way, and they did not play one single trick on James.

“Thank goodness to bad and “unsmurfy” rubbish!” Cheered James.

“You can smurf that again, James!” Grouchy cheered also. “Right, Baby?”

“Gaa!” Cooed Baby Smurf.

Along the way, Grouchy had taught James the smurf language, and the #5 engine is already getting good at it just like Thomas and the other Engines at Tidmouth Sheds.

“Now,” Grouchy replied, “Should we start our best smurfy time together?”

“But first, UGH!” Disgusted James, “Just look at me! All that grime from the trucks made my red coat all dirty! And I still have some dirt on my left side during my accident!” He complained.

“UGH! I just HATE smurfing that!” Agreed Grouchy, “And I may not be Vanity, but you’re not smurfy to be seen! Isn’t that right, Baby?”

“Yech!” Agreed Baby Smurf.

“Well not to worry, my new little blue friend!” James puffed cheerfully, “All I need is a nice and splendid wash down!”

“Phew, now that’s a relief!” Said Grouchy. “So what are we smurfing around here for?! Let’s smurf you all cleaned up, now!”

“You puff it, Grouchy!” Whistled James, and with a happy wheesh of steam, he chuffed off quickly to the Washdown.

When James got to the Washdown, he was in no time getting all rubbed and scrubbed. Grouchy and Baby Smurf got off of him so they won’t get themselves wet and soapy, and they watched as the washers soaked James from top to bottom and from front to back, and they even indeed brushed behind his buffers.

As James was enjoying himself being washed, he began to sing. “SHINY AND CLEAN, SHINY AND CLEAN, AND I’M THE ENGINE THAT LOVES TO BE SO KEEN!” He tuned joyfully.

“Whoo!” Amazed Grouchy and Baby Smurf.

“And smurfy rhyme!” Added Grouchy. “And I LOVE it!”

At last, James is all nice and clean once again. And the washers had just finished polishing some parts around the #5 engine.

Grouchy and Baby Smurf are very impressed, and they think that James looked very smart and indeed very splendid.

“Shiny and clean, shiny and clean!” Tooted James.

“Wow!” Said Grouchy impressively.

“Ooh!” Said Baby Smurf.

“Alright, I’m all done now!” James whistled to Grouchy and Baby Smurf.

“Smurfy!” Hollered Grouchy, and he and infant Smurfling jumped aboard James.

But just then, Spencer huffed right beside James, and he doesn’t care and like on what he’s seeing. “HA!” He snorted, “You may be the shinest Engine on the island, but I’m still the shinest one in the world!”

Grouchy and Baby Smurf are furious, and James was very cross!

“PUT A FUNNEL CORK IN IT, SPENCER!” James huffed crossly.

“And let me just smurf,” Grouchy said furiously, “[Clearing throat sound] I HATE YOU, SPENCER! AND YOUR BOASTFULNESS IS UNSMURFY!”

“Ahhhh!” Screamed Spencer, “A talking blue rodent, and it just insulted me! Oh, the humiliation, I’m outta here!” And with a jolt, the big silver tender engine chuffed cowardly and frightfully away.

“Well done, Grouchy!” Laughed James, “You sure taught that show-off a peep or two!”

“Well, what can I smurf,” Said Grouchy happily, “Being grouchy and negative is what I smurf, but not that much. Right, Baby?” He said to the littlest Smurf.

“Uh-huh.” Said Baby Smurf. “[Cooing]”

[Background song #5 plays]

“Now can we have our best smurfy time together, James?” Grouchy asked hopefully.

“Yes Grouchy, we may!” Answered James excitedly, “And we’ll started off by struting and “smurfing” along the rails!”

“All right!” Cheered Grouchy. “Are you ready, Baby?”

“Whee!” Said Baby Smurf cheerfully.

“I think that’s a yes!” Chuckled James, and with two toots, “[PEEP! PEEP!]” The mid-size red tender engine chuffed off along with the former negative Smurf and infant Smurfling to start their best quality time together.

[Song starts]

[Chorus]:
YOU GOTTA STRUT LIKE YOU MEAN IT
FREE YOUR MIND

IT’S NOT ENOUGH JUST TO DREAM IT
C’MON, C’MON, GET UP

WHEN YOU FEEL IT
IT’S YOUR CHANCE TO SHINE

STRUT LIKE YOU MEAN IT
C’MON, C’MON, C’MON
([Girl #1]: YEAH)

[Girl #1]:
OH HO, WHOA HO OH YEAH
POUNDING THE PAVEMENT
KICKING THROUGH THE STREETS

[Girl #2]:
TO WONDER LIKE PICASSO
IN THE BARCELONA HEAT

[Girl #3]:
PASSION IS THE FASHION
AND LIFE IS POETRY

[Girl #4]:
WELCOME TO ANOTHER WORLD
WHERE HEART CAN BEAT
OH, WHOA

[Music continues]

As James was chuffing along the main line, he and Grouchy are finally getting to know each other. And they started off by talking about the things they hate and the things they love.

Grouchy starts first. Although, James now knows that Grouchy does indeed have a positive side of himself, but the not-so-bad-tempered Smurf told the #5 engine the reason why he’s being always grouchy because he hates for his fellow Smurfs to know about it, and James completely understands. Grouchy also told James that he hates things that are unsmurfy to him, like perfect example; that horrid wizard, Gargamel. Now Grouchy told James that he loves things that are smurfy to him, like going swimming, his favorite activity. And he also told James that indeed he loves to help out, especially looking after Baby Smurf. And lastly, Grouchy told James that indeed he loves his fellow Smurfs, including Papa, Grandpa, Smurfette, the Smurflings, and of course ever loving Baby Smurf, of which he and Grouchy are very close.

James was impressed, and he finally knows everything from Grouchy.

Now it’s James’ turn. Although, Grouchy already knows one thing that James hates the most, which is indeed the job of pulling slow goods trains, and he told the now very-positive Smurf the reason why is because the mid-size red tender engine has to pick up and set down trucks from dirty sidings at every station time after time, and that makes James very cross. James also told Grouchy that he hates to wait while doing that job every time to let very important trains go by first, like the post train for example, and that makes James feeling very impatient. And that’s why James told Grouchy that he hates doing that job, and it’s not a very important one too. And it also did indeed had lead James to now three accidents involving the job that he really and truly hates. Now James told Grouchy that indeed he hates getting his red coat dirty, but the #5 engine also told the now very-happy Smurf that he loves to get himself all washed up and clean. And he also told Grouchy that he loves to brag about his vanity to his friends, but even though, his friends do get very annoyed from that. But, James told Grouchy that he expresses his vanity quite often only. And lastly, James told Grouchy that indeed he loves his friends, including his very close one, Edward. And Grouchy could tell, because both Edward and James are indeed the same size, but with different coats of paint and different wheel alignments. [Example: Edward’s wheels are in 4-4-0, and James’ wheels are in 2-6-0. Tender wheels do not count.]

Grouchy was impressed, and he finally knows everything from James.

And so, James kept on chuffing along the main line enjoying his best quatily time with Grouchy, and of course Baby Smurf.

[Song continues]

[Girl #4]:
YOU KNOW THE JOURNEY’S JUST BEGUN

[Chorus 2X]:
FREE YOUR MIND

C’MON, C’MON, GET UP

WHEN YOU FEEL IT

STRUT LIKE YOU MEAN IT
C’MON, C’MON, C’MON
([Girl #1]: YEAH)

[Girl #1]:
OH HO, WHOA

[Music continues]

As James was now chuffing along the branch line, Grouchy decided to make it more exciting by singing the Smurf song, and he’s also teaching that to James. And when Grouchy sings, “LA, LA, LA-LA, LA, LA. LA, LA-LA, LA, LA.” James followed along by using his whistle. “[PEEP, PEEP, PEEP-PEEP, PEEP, PEEP! PEEP, PEEP-PEEP, PEEP, PEEP!]”

James had been racing on both the branch line and the main line along the countryside with Grouchy and Baby Smurf. He rattled over bridges, cluttered through tunnels, and dashed by some stations. And he even passed by some of the other Engines along the way.

Along the countryside, James had stopped by at an apple orchard, and he introduced Grouchy to one of the other non-rail contraptions, Trevor the Traction Engine. Trevor was very amazed, and he offered Grouchy a nice picked, shiny apple. James whistled good-bye to Trevor, “[PEEP! PEEP!]” And he puffed away. And Trevor responded back by whistling good-bye too. “[PEEP! PEEP!]”

Then along the countryside, James stopped by at the ice cream factory, and he offered Grouchy and Baby Smurf some ice cream. Grouchy told James that back at the Smurf village, they called the frozen treat; smurf cream. James couldn’t help but laugh, but he knows that it’s their own smurfy way of calling it.
And so, while Grouchy and Baby Smurf are having their “smurf cream”, James continued on along the countryside on the main line.

[Song continues]

[Girl #4]:
EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT
SOMETHING GOOD IS COMING ON!

[Chorus 2X]:
FREE YOUR MIND

C’MON, C’MON, GET UP

WHEN YOU FEEL IT

STRUT LIKE YOU MEAN IT
C’MON, C’MON, C’MON

[Spanish boy from Spain]:
BIENVENIDAS, ESTO ES MI SUENO
(WELCOME, THIS IS MY DREAM)

[Chorus]:
C’MON, C’MON, GET UP!

SIGANME Y DESCUBRAN MI BARCELONA
(FOLLOW ME AND DISCOVER MY BARCELONA)

[Chorus]:
STRUT! C’MON, C’MON

[Chorus]:
C’MON, C’MON

SIGANME Y DESCUBRAN MI BARCELONA
(FOLLOW ME AND DISCOVER MY BARCELONA)

[Chorus]:
STRUT! C’MON, C’MON

[Music continues]

As James was still chuffing through the countryside along the main line, Grouchy decided that he wants to do something else.

So Grouchy turned to James. “James?” He asked.

“What is it, Grouchy?” Answered James.

“We’ve been smurfing through the smurftryside quite enough.” Said Grouchy truthfully. “So, is there some kind of special and smurfy spot to smurf some more time together?”

“Hmm.” Pondered James, and he began to think.

Then suddenly, an idea had flown through James’ funnel. “I know just the perfect special and “smurfy” spot where we can spend some more time together!” He tooted excitedly.

“Ooh!” Replied Grouchy joyfully, “What is it?!”

“Wait and see!” Whistled James.

“Alright!” Said Grouchy. “And are you ready for it, Baby?”

“Eeee!” Cheered Baby Smurf.

And with his fire in his firebox flaming rapidly, James, along with Grouchy and Baby Smurf, chuffed off excitedly to the special and smurfy spot on the Island of Sodor.

[Song continues]

BIENVENIDAS, A MI BARCELONA
(WELCOME, TO MY BARCELONA)
BARCELONA, OH SI
(BARCELONA, OH YES)

[Fading music and song stops]

“[PEEP! PEEP!]”

Back at Tidmouth Sheds, Papa is still assembling the time crystals, and it is indeed taking a long time to remember the right alignments. And Grandpa is watching at the other Smurfs as they are having their conversations with the Engines.

Hefty was talking to Gordon, and they’re talking about on being the strongest and the best. And yes, Hefty talked to Gordon about Tuffy, and the muscular Smurf told the #4 engine that the wannabe Smurf is not like Gordon at all. And Gordon told Hefty this answer(and the same one from Edward), the toughness style is not allowed on the Island of Sodor, and it’s the Fat Controller’s rule. And Hefty was very glad to hear that.

Painter and Sassette are talking to Henry on more about Nat and Tracker. And the artist Smurf and jumpy Smurfling also talked to the #3 engine on more about their nature-loving activities and as well as Henry’s also.

Jokey was talking to Percy about on being the cheekiest and the funniest. And the prankster Smurf also talked to the #6 engine about more on Harmony, including of having something very loud.

Lazy was talking to Thomas about more on Dreamy, and the fantasy Smurf’s never-ending adventures, And including on being a daydreamer from both the #1 engine and the believer Smurf.

Wild and Smoggle are on Thomas, and right on top of his funnel as they watch out for the arrival of James, Grouchy, and Baby Smurf.

Handy was talking to Edward about on being a reliable and really useful helper. And the Carpenter/Inventor Smurf also talked to the #2 engine about more on Weakling and his usefulness and willpower.

Greedy and Snappy are talking to Toby on more about Farmer and Slouchy. And the chef Smurf and pushy Smurfling also talked to the #7 engine about more on the farming Smurf’s farming activity and the very-steady Smurfling’s personality, which is indeed being the smoothest and most careful.

And Emily and Smurfette are having their “girl talk”. And the young and not-only Smurfette also talked to the non-numbered engine on about another female Smurf back at the Smurf village, which is indeed Grandma Smurf(or should I say “Smurfette”). And Emily told Smurfette that there was once another girl Engine and another girl non-rail contraption, and she said that they’re not on the island for now. This made Smurfette sad, but she hoped that they will return to the island someday. And Emily hoped so too. [Note: The other girl Engine is Daisy the Diesel Railcar and the other girl non-rail contraption is Caroline the Car.]

But poor Vanity, who is on Thomas, is feeling left out, and he now really wished that he had gone along with James. But alas, the #5 engine wants to spend some quality time with Grouchy. The handsome Smurf is now feeling upset and jealous.

But just then, while the Engines and the Smurfs are still having their conversations, Brainy rudely interrupted them by babbling his annoying quotations, and he kept on repeating the same thing over and over and over again non-stop. And this is making the Engines and his fellow Smurfs furious and cross, but mostly the Engines of which Brainy is talking to. And the Engines are losing their minds(Or should I say funnels!). Some of them are getting very cross, some of them are getting annoyed, and some of them are dazed and surprised with their eyes spinning round and round. And no matter how they react, Brainy still kept on going. And Clumsy tried to stop the know-it-all Smurf, but Brainy wouldn’t listen. And the other Smurfs wanted to stop Brainy, but they decided to let the Engines deal with him.

Just then, Brainy still kept on babbling. “…and that is why I always tell my fellow Smurfs to smurf my advises,” He quoted, “But do they? Oh, no! They always ignore me! But matter what they smurf, I still tell my fellow Smurfs to listen to my advises and my quotations from my book called: Quotations by Brainy Smurf. And I, Brainy Smurf, the smartest of all Smurfs smurfed together, should always remind my fellow Smurfs to smurf things the Brainy Smurf way. And further more, as Papa Smurf would always say, that being clever and wise like him and me should also smurf my fellow Smurfs to do the same thing, too. And also, whenever Papa Smurfs’ unavailable, my fellow Smurfs should always…”

But just as Brainy was about to finish his quotations, Percy blew his whistle with such rage! “[PEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!]”

“OW!” Cried Brainy as he covered his ears.

“STOOOOP ITTTT!” Snarled Percy.

“ENOUGH ALREADY!” Growled Thomas.

“WE CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!” Fumed Emily and Toby.

“YOU’RE BUMPING UP OUR BUFFERS, BRAINY!” Grumbled Henry.

“AND BURSTING OUR BOILERS!” Boomed Gordon crossly.

“AND I THOUGHT YOU WERE A REALLY USEFUL SMURF!” Said Edward severely, “BUT I WAS WRONG!”

“But I am a really useful Smurf!” Brainy said honestly.

“YES! REALLY USEFUL FOR BEING AN OLDFANGLED NONSENSE!” Said the Engines crossly.

“FOR YOUR INSMURFMATION, I AM NOT AN OLDFANGLED NONSENSE!” Brainy exploded, “AND AS PAPA SMURF’S APPRENTICE, I’M REALLY AM A REALLY USEFUL SMURF! AND BESIDES, IT WAS ALL PAPA SMURFS’ IDEA THAT I SHOULD TELL YOU ENGINES ABOUT MY QUOTATIONS! RIGHT, PAPA SMURF?!”

But just as Brainy turned to Papa, he could see that the village leader is giggling with his hand covering his mouth. “[Papa giggling]”

“Papa Smurf, how could you!” Gasped Brainy.

“Sorry, Brainy!” Giggled Papa, “But I really want to smurf on how the Engines would react when you smurf your quotations to them! And I got my wish!” And he laughed so hard with tears coming out of his eyes. “[Papa laughing hard]”

And just then, the Smurfs began to laugh so hard too. “[Smurfs laughing hard]”

“AND YOU ALL SMURFED AWAY FROM THIS, TOO!” Said Brainy furiously.

“And indeed, we did!” Laughed Jokey.

“AND BESIDES, WE HAVE A SURPRISE JUST FOR YOU, BRAINY!” Growled the Engines.

“OH YEAH!” Snorted Brainy loudly, “WHAT?!”

“THIS!” The Engines rumbled crossly, and they all gave Brainy a big cloud of steam going straight at him! “[Steam wheeshing] WHOOOOOOSH!” They went.

“NOOOOOO!” Wailed Brainy as he find himself surrounded in the big cloud of steam for ten seconds.

As the steam cleared, Brainy was wobbling and felt very dizzy with his eyes spinning round and round and shaping like spiral swirls, and collapsed by landing on his back. “[THROP!]”

“Ohhh, why are these things always happen to me?” Wheezed Brainy, and could not say another word.

“HA, HA, HA! Now that’s a smurfy surprise!” Laughed Jokey.

“Uh, gosh, Brainy.” Clumsy replied, “I tried to warn ya, but you won’t listen.”

“Thanks for the warning, Clumsy.” Dazed Brainy.

“Well at last that shut him up.” Muttered Gordon.

“And that is better than tossing him around.” Added Hefty.

But Papa chose the wise thing and he helped Brainy up for him to recover.

Suddenly, Wild and Smoogle gasped and the they jumped up and down to get someone their attention. “[Wild and Smoogle chattering frantically]”

Grandpa was the first one to saw them. “What’s wrong you two whipper-smurfers?!” He called.

Wild and Smoogle pointed to the horizon.

And as the Engines and the Smurfs turned, they all gasped. “[Everyone gasping]” They could see, that the sun is now beginning to set.

“Great Suzette!” Painter shouted, “The sun, it iz zetting!”

“Oh, no!” Cried the Smurfs.

“And James, Grouchy, and Baby Smurf are not here yet!” Added Lazy.

“Oh, dear!” Cried the Engines.

“What are we gonna smurf?!” Panicked Clumsy.

“Now don’t worry, my little Smurfs!” Said Papa calmly, “James will smurf Grouchy and Baby Smurf here in no time. Besides, Thomas said that James is a very dependable and reliable Engine. Isn’t that right, Thomas?” He said to the #1 engine.

“Ummm…” Wheeshed Thomas nervously, and he began to have a nervous breakdown.

The Engines are giving Thomas the third-degree look by raising one of their eyebrows.

“Uhhh…” Thomas puffed fearfully.

The Smurfs are starting to get confused.

But Papa had seen it all together. “Is there something that you smurfgot to tell me, Thomas?” He said sternly.

“Well…” Tittered Thomas, “Did I forget to mention that quiet often James is a late sort of Engine, too?”

“OH, Thomas!” Groaned the Engines.

“Oh, smurfs!” The Smurfs moaned.

“Thomas, why didn’t you tell me that in the first place?!” Said Papa sounding upset and worry.

“Well, I didn’t think it was that important!” Panicked Thomas.

“But it IS important, Thomas!” Said Edward wisely.

“I’m sorry, everybody.” Apologized Thomas, “And I’m sorry, Papa Smurf.”

“[SIGH] That’s alright, Thomas.” Said Papa acceptably, “Now, what’s most important is that one of you Engines must smurf out there and smurf James, Grouchy, and Baby Smurf, and fast!”

“[PEEP! PEEP!] I’ll go look for them!” Whistled Emily.

“But are you sure that you can smurf this, Emily?” Wondered Smurfette.

“Of course I can, Smurfette.” Said Emily honestly, “And I’m indeed the only Engine to have very big wheels.”

“Oh.” Said Smurfette, “Well then, if you’re smurfing, you’re gonna need some help. I’m smurfing with you.”

“Well, if Smurfettes’ smurfing, I’m smurfing too.” Replied Sassette.

“Smurf me in, too!” Squealed Snappy.

“Well, I’ll go too.” Sighed Vanity, “Since I’m feeling all left out.”

“Thank you, four is enough.” Said Emily thankfully.

So Vanity and the two Smurflings hopped aboard Emily. And with a wheesh of steam, the mid-size emerald engine puffed out of Tidmouth Sheds.

“Hurry, Emily!” Called Thomas.

“We’re all smurfing on you!” Papa shouted with faith, “And you too, my little Smurfs!”

“Hurry, Emily, hurry!” Said the Engines and the others Smurfs all together.

Emily gave them two not-to-worry toots. “[PEEP! PEEP!]”

“And don’t worry!” Called Smurfette, “We’ll find them!”

And with a flash, Emily chuffed off quickly along with Smurfette, Vanity, and the Smurflings to begin their search for James, Grouchy, and Baby Smurf.

“Oh, Thomas.” Papa said to the little blue tank engine with a worrying emotion, “I really hope that Emily and my other Smurfs will find James and my other two Smurfs.”

“I hope so too, Papa Smurf.” Wheeshed Thomas, “I hope so, too.”

“And so will all of us, too.” Said the other Smurfs and the Engines hopefully.

So all the six Engines and the 11 Smurfs could do is just wait and hoped that Emily and the four Smurfs will indeed find James, Grouchy, and Baby Smurf and bring them back to Tidmouth Sheds as quickly as possible.

After leaving Tidmouth Sheds, Emily, along with Vanity, Smurfette, and the Smurflings had started their search for James, Grouchy, and Baby Smurf. And they started it by going along both the branch line and the main line. They looked everywhere, by chuffing over bridges,… huffing by sidings,… and puffing through stations. And every time Emily met one of the other Engines, she says this question: “Have you seen James along with two Smurfs?”. And they all said this answer: “I did saw them, but they passed by just a while ago.” And this is making Emily and the four Smurfs frustrated, and also making them to keep on searching.

A half hour has passed, and Emily, along with the four Smurfs, had been chuffing all around the island, well… not all of the island. She was so tired, and her wheels are beginning to ache. Emily have had enough, and she came to a halt and stopped to rest.

“[Panting] It’s no use.” Panted Emily, “We’ll never find them.”

“Don’t smurf that, Emily.” Replied Sassette upsettingly.

“We just gotta find them, we just gotta!” Said Snappy faithfully.

“Easy for you to say, Snappy.” Wheeshed Emily, “But after all that searching, I’m all puffed out, and my wheels are aching me.”

“It’s okay, Emily.” Smurfette replied, “Just smurf some more rest.”

“Well, you better rest up quickly.” Said Vanity, “There isn’t much time, and all this searching is ruining my complexion.”

“Well, I guess there’s one thing that we should smurf.” Smurfette said wisely.

“And what is that, Smurfette?” Wondered Emily.

“This, be someone like the other.” Said Smurfette.

“Oh, kinda like pretending, right?” Tooted Emily.

“Yes.” Giggled Smurfette, “Now, let’s use our smurfs.”

“But Emily will be smurfing her funnel.” Corrected Sassette.

“Oh, right.” Said Smurfette. “Now, if Vanity was Grouchy, and Emily was James, they would smurf to a special and smurfy spot on the island to smurf some more time together, but where?” She pondered.

So Emily and the four Smurfs all began to think on what special and smurfy place that James, Grouchy, and Baby Smurf could be.

“[PEEP! PEEP!] I’VE GOT IT!” Whistled Emily as an idea had flown through her funnel, “I know just where to find James, Grouchy, and Baby Smurf!”

“Well, what are we smurfing for?!” Cheered Snappy, “Let’s go smurf them!”

“And pronto!” Added Sassette.

“You puff it, Smurflings!” Said Emily cheerfully, “And “smurf” on to your hats you four!” And with her boiler bubbling rapidly, the non-numbered engine, along with the four Smurfs, chuffed off quickly to the special and smurfy spot of where they could find James, Grouchy, and Baby Smurf.

Meanwhile, at the southern part of the island, the special and smurfy spot that James, Grouchy, and Baby Smurf are at, is one of the beaches along the Sodor Island Seaside.

While they got there, Grouchy decided to go for a little swim with Baby Smurf. And since they don’t have any swimsuits, Grouchy has no other choice but to go in the water with nothing but his undershorts, and for Baby Smurf with nothing but his didey.

James is only a couple of yards away from the shore, and he watched happily as Grouchy and Baby Smurf went into the water and started having their water fun.

James laughed, because what he’s seeing is right after Grouchy took off his time-travel clothes, he could see that there are some smiling faces on his undershorts.

“Well, bust my boiler!” Chuckled James, “No wonder Grouchy is always hiding his true feelings, and it’s right over there, on his undershorts!” And he was unable to control his laughter. “[James laughing hard]”

Grouchy heard him and felt confused. “What’s so funny, James?!” He called.

“Ohh, nothing!” Said James innocently as he rolled his eyes skyward and pretending he was laughing to himself.

“Hmm. Oh, well.” Said Grouchy, and he went on playing and swimming in the water with Baby Smurf. “[Baby Smurf cooing]”

But James was able to control himself and made the wise thing of not laughing behind Grouchy’s back. And he once again watched as Grouchy and Baby Smurf are having their fun at one of the beaches along the Sodor Island Seaside.

After spending an hour in the water, Grouchy and Baby Smurf have had enough fun. So Grouchy picked up his and Baby Smurfs’ clothes and they walked off back towards to James.

James could see them approaching and he welcomed them warmly as they stopped right beside him.

“Did you two enjoyed your swim?” James puffed.

“Oh, yes.” Said Grouchy happily, “Didn’t we, Baby?”

“Whee-he-he.” Giggled Baby Smurf.

“Well I’m very happy to hear that.” Said James.

But suddenly, James smelled a funny smell. “[Sniffing] Heating headlamps!” He complained, “What’s that smell?!”

“What smell?” Confused Grouchy, but then he too smelled it. “[Sniffing] Uh oh, it’s me. [SNIFF] And Baby Smurf. We smell like salt water, and I HATE smelling like salt water!” He groaned.

“Blagh!” Agreed Baby Smurf.

“Well don’t worry my mixed-emotional friend.” James tooted cheerfully, “I have an emergency kit right inside my cab, and in it is a bar of soap.”

“But that’s not enough.” Said Grouchy.

“And I also have a supply kit.” Added James, “And in it is a metal cup and a canteen of water. And there you have it, instant smurf-size wash down.”

“Oh, thank you, James.” Said Grouchy thankfully. “Come on, Baby. Let’s smurf oursmurfs all cleaned up.”

So Grouchy, along with Baby Smurf, walked towards the back of James and hopped aboard inside his cab.

“And I also have a washcloth right inside my emergency kit, too!” Reminded James.

“Oh! Thank you, James!” Grouchy said thankfully.

“You’re welcome, Grouchy!” Whistled James.

So James watched as Grouchy sets up his smurf-size wash down, while Baby Smurf sits down while he plays with his rattle.

Grouchy opened up the supply kit and took out both the metal cup and the canteen filled with water. And he next opened up the emergency kit and took out both the bar of soap and the washcloth. And in no time, he had set up his smurf-size wash down. And Grouchy even placed the metal cup right next to James’ firebox so he can have a nice and warm one too.

As Grouchy filled the metal cup with water, he then used the soap to make the water all sudsy.

And James roared up his fire to make the water-filled metal cup all nice and warm. “[James grunting]”

“Ok, James, you can stop now!” Hollered Grouchy.

“Phew! Thank you, Grouchy!” Said James exhaustively.

“Don’t mention it!” Chuckled Grouchy.

“Alright,” James puffed, “In you two go!”

“You smurf it, James!” Said Grouchy, and he and Baby Smurf went into the water-filled metal cup, and they in no time are having their smurf-size wash down.

As Grouchy and Baby Smurf got into the smurf-size “tub”, the former negative Smurf took off his soaked undershorts and the littlest Smurf’s didey, and he tossed and hung them up onto the side-doors of James’ firebox.

As Grouchy was enjoying himself being washed, he too began to sing. “SMURFY AND CLEAN, SMURFY AND CLEAN, AND I’M NOW THE SMURF THAT LOVES TO BE SO KEEN!” He tuned joyfully. “But I still HATE for my fellow Smurfs to know about!” Added Grouchy.

And James just had to laugh “HE, HE, HE! Splendid tune, Grouchy!” He puffed.

“Thank you, James!” Said Grouchy happily, and he went on rubbing and scrubbing himself and Baby Smurf. “[Baby Smurf thrilling]”

And James just stands by and happily watches over them.

At last, Grouchy and Baby Smurf are all nice and clean once again. After the not-so-bad-tempered Smurf got out of the metal cup, he wrapped himself up with the washcloth and went off to check if his undershorts and Baby Smurfs’ didey are dry, and they indeed are. As Grouchy put on his undershorts and dried himself up, he picked up Baby Smurf out of the smurf-size “tub” with the washcloth and dried him up also. And he put the didey right back onto the infant Smurfling. “[Baby Smurf Cooing]”

James was very impressed, and he knows why Grouchy and Baby Smurf are very close.

“Hah, they are indeed very close.” James sighed to himself, “Just like me and Edward.”

After Grouchy and Baby Smurf had finished drying themselves up, the now very-happy Smurf throw out the dirty water from the metal cup, and he then cleaned the mess up and put everything back at their rightful kits. And Grouchy then put on his time-travel clothes and Baby Smurfs’ as well.

“All done!” Grouchy called to James.

“Alright!” Tooted James, “Come along now!”

“I’m smurfing alone, I’m smurfing alone!” Grouchy tuned, and he, along with Baby Smurf, jumped off of James’ cab, walked towards the front of the #5 engine, and hopped aboard.

“Smurfy and clean, smurfy and clean!” Cheered Grouchy. “[Baby Smurf cooing]”

“Whoo! And indeed you both are!” Said James impressively, “And really splendid, too!”

“Thanks, James.” Said Grouchy proudly.

And so, James and Grouchy turned to the horizon to watch the sun setting down from the sky. The clouds are coated with the sun’s colorful rays. And they can hear the sound of the waves waving through the shore along the beach.

James and Grouchy are very happy, and they indeed had the very best quality time that they both have ever.

Just then, Grouchy had something his mind and turned to James.”Umm, James?” He spoke up.

‘Yes, Grouchy?” James puffed.

“Well, since it’s just the two of us,” Grouchy said shyly, “Can we smurf about something?”

“Like what?” Wondered James.

“Well…” Replied Grouchy nervously, “How about… smurfing each other secrets?”

“Well… alright.” Approved James, “And I know that you’re not the secret-revealing sort of Smurf, are you?”

“Oh, absosmurfly.” Said Grouchy truthfully, “And I know that you’re not the secret-revealing kind of Engine, are you?”

“Exactly.” Said James truthfully also. “So, why don’t you start first?”

“I’ll be smurfy to.” Grouchy said grandly, “Well, remember when I smurf that I hate for my fellow Smurfs to know about my true feelings?”

“Yes?” James steamed.

“Well, the truth is,” Continued Grouchy, “I’m always happy. But I was happy in a negative way. And that’s why I hate for my fellow Smurfs to know about my true feelings.”

“Ohh, I see.” Said James as he sees it clearly, “And no wonder Papa Smurf named you Grouchy. But still, you are indeed a very happy Smurf, in a negative way that this.”

“Yes.” Replied Grouchy, “Now, what about you, what’s your secret? And is it the one that Jokey eagerly wants to know?”

“I BEG YOUR PARDON?!” Said James shockingly.

“Well, after you smurf to your job,” Explained Grouchy, “Jokey asked Edward to smurf him your secret, but thank smurfness he didn’t!”

“Well, he’s not gonna get!” Huffed James, “You and only you will get to hear it!”

“Right!” Agreed Grouchy. “So, what’s the secret?”

“Well alright, here goes.” Wheeshed James timidly, “My secret is this; I once had to use a bootlace to mend a hole in my brake pipe while I was pulling my coaches, and that happened right between my two dreadful accidents.”

“Ohh.” Said Grouchy understandingly. “But, what’s a brake pipe?”

“See that long, black, stretchy thing right next to you?” James explained.

Grouchy turned and saw it. “Yes.” He replied.

“That’s my brake pipe.” Said James.

“What do you smurf it for?” Asked Grouchy.

“I “smurf” it to apply and release the brakes on a train while either pulling or pushing it.” Answered James.

“Ohh, I see.” Said Grouchy as he sees it clearly also, “But, what smurfs your secret so embarrassing?”

“Well,” James puffed sternly, “My friends think that it was funny, and they’ve been teasing me about it ‘cause they think that it taught me a lesson for bumping my coaches so hard.”

“UNH! I just HATE when your friends tease you about that!” Said Grouchy upsettingly.

“Yes.” Agreed James, “And only from Thomas to Toby know about my secret, but my good and close friend Edward was very wise to stay out of it, and he really knows how I feel.”

“Well, I’m very glad to smurf that.” Said Grouchy supportively.

“And that is why I kept as a secret from the other “new” Engines who arrived on the Island of Sodor.” James said as he finished, “But, if one of my friends bump my promise… I’LL HAVE MY DOME BLOWN OFF!!” He roared.

“Whoa!” Surprised Grouchy.

Baby Smurf was startled and began to cry. “WAH! WAH! WAH!” He wailed.

“Ja-ames!” Grouchy shouted.

“Oops! I’m sorry, Baby Smurf!” James stuttered, “There, there! Please, stop! Oh please, stop crying!”

But Baby Smurf just kept on crying. “[Baby Smurf crying non-stop]”

“Smurf something!” Shouted Grouchy as he tries to calm the infant Smurfling down.”

“Um, I know!” Tooted James, “I’ll make some silly faces!” And he made them by crossing his eyes and spun them round and round.

But Baby Smurf was not cheered up. “[Crying continues]”

“Smurf something else!” Suggested Grouchy.

“Uh, alright!” James puffed, “I’ll blow my whistle smoothly!” But he did it so fast and unsmoothly. “[PEEP-PEEP-PEEP! PEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!]”

“WAAAAAAAAH!” Baby Smurf wailed loudly.

“Oh, my smurfin’ ears!” Moaned Grouchy.

“And my aching funnel!” Groaned James.

But suddenly, a clever idea had flown through James’ funnel. “I know just what to do!” He tooted.

“What?!” Said Grouchy desperately.

“This!” Said James, and he turned to Baby Smurf. “Here Baby Smurf! This will calm and cheer you up!” And he played the Smurf song with whistle. “[PEEP, PEEP, PEEP-PEEP, PEEP, PEEP! PEEP, PEEP-PEEP, PEEP, PEEP! PEEP, PEEP, PEEP-PEEP, PEEP, PEEP! PEEP, PEEP-PEEP, PEEP, PEEP!]”

Suddenly, Baby Smurf stopped crying. “Huh?” He weeped.

Grouchy was amazed. “It’s working, James!” He shouted happily, “Smurf it again!”

“It will be my pleasure!” Whistled James, and he played it once again. “[PEEP, PEEP, PEEP-PEEP, PEEP, PEEP! PEEP, PEEP-PEEP, PEEP, PEEP! PEEP, PEEP, PEEP-PEEP, PEEP, PEEP! PEEP, PEEP-PEEP, PEEP, PEEP!]”

At last, Baby Smurf was calmed and cheered up after hearing the Smurf song from James’ whistle. “[Baby Smurf cooing and giggling happily]”

“Phew, finally.” Wheeshed James exhaustively.

“But that was very thoughtful and smurfy of you, James.” Said Grouchy gratefully, “And not to mention very clever. Isn’t he, Baby?”

“Eee.” Agreed Baby Smurf.

This made James very pleased and proud.

“But, you really need to control that temper of yours.” Warned Grouchy.

“Mm-hmm!” Baby Smurf agreed sternly.

“Well, I hate to admit it,” James confessed, “But, I really do loose my temper all the time. And from now on, I’ll do it rarily this time.”

“Hmm, that’s smurfy.” Said Grouchy.

“And the same thing puffs to you too, Grouchy.” Warned James also.

“Oh, I will.” Promised Grouchy. “I will.”

“Oh, and I really LOVE that phrase that you just smurf when you smurfed off to your job.” Reminded Grouchy.

“You mean this phrase?” Described James, “[Clearing throat sound] DIRTY TRUCKS FROM DIRTY SIDINGS! LACGH!!”

“Yeah, that!” Said Grouchy.

“Mmmm.” Trembled Baby Smurf.

“Easy there, Baby.” Grouchy said calmly as he quiet down the littlest Smurf.

“And I always say that every time I get the job of pulling a slow goods train.” James said sternly.

“Oh, I see.” Said Grouchy.

“And I really had to admit,” Grouchy spoke up, “But that nickname that Cranky smurfed you, it was really kinda funny.”

“And you know what?” James replied, “I think it’s really funny, too. And after all, I’m really am “Grouchy James”.”

“Heh, heh, heh. Yes you are.” Chuckled Grouchy. “And by the way, who’s Cranky?”

“Oh, Cranky is a crane who lives at Brendam Docks.” Explained James sternly, “And you why he’s called Cranky?”

“’Cause he’s cranky?” Grouchy Guessed.

“Close.” Said James, “And, he has to work both day and night 24 hours and seven days a week without getting one single sleep.”

“Ohh.” Said Grouchy. “And who’s Salty?”

“Salty is a friend of mine and to the other Engines.” James explained happily, “But, he’s a different engine, and do you know what he is?”

“A diesel engine?” Guessed Grouchy.

“Yes, how did know?” Chuckled James.

“I’ve met one.” Said Grouchy, “And her name is Mavis.”

“Oh, I forgot. You were with Thomas while he took you Smurfs on touring around the island.” Puffed James.

“Uh-huh.” Grouchy said truthfully.

“But,” James huffed seriously, “Although Mavis and Salty are the only friendly and kind diesel engines that I know, but remember when I said about those “Dirty Diesels”, Diesel and the twins ‘Arry and Bert?”

“Yes.” Said Grouchy.

“Well,” James puffed sternly, “Those diesel engines are very bad and naughty, and they always puff up to mischief.”

“Ugh! I HATE those “BAD” diesel engines!” Grouchy said negatively.

“So do me and my friends!” Agreed James, “And you have no idea what we steam engines do to put up with those Dirty Diesels!”

“And I can imagine!” Grouchy said upsettingly, “But I HATE to imagine it right now!”

“But on the bright side,” James puffed cheerfully, “We steam engines always manage to get them in trouble, and that gives us a good laugh!”

“Now that I LOVE to imagine it right now! HAHAHAHAHA!” Laughed Grouchy, and was unable to control his laughter.

“Huh?” Said Baby Smurf puzzlingly.

“I know.” Agreed James, “And you really don’t see that everyday, do you.”

“Eesh, puff it easy, Grouchy.” James replied, “Sure it was funny at first, but please have some dignity.”

“A-ha, A-ha. Oh sorry, James.” Grouchy said calmly as he tries to stop laughing, “But I just couldn’t smurf mysmurf. Right, Baby?”

But Baby Smurf simply rolled his eyes skyward. “Hah.” He sighed.

“What did I smurf?” Grouchy said puzzlingy to James.

“Oh, nothing.” Said James. “Now, there’s something else that I would like to puff to you.”

“What?” Asked Grouchy.

“Well,” Answered James, “Since I have been givin’ the nickname, “Grouchy James”. I think you should have one of your own also.”

“Ooh.” Amazed Grouchy.

“And from now on,” James puffed grandly, “Your nickname should be, “Happy Grouchy”!”

“Wow!” Amazed Grouchy, “Oh, James! I LOVE that nickname, I just really LOVE it!”

“And I knew you do, “Happy Grouchy”.” Chuckled James.

“And thank you, “Grouchy James”.” Giggled Grouchy.

And the two new friends just had to laugh, even Baby Smurf. “[Everyone laughing]”

“Now since we finally got to know other,” James puffed, “Let’s make a promise.”

“I would LOVE that.” Said Grouchy, and he made his promise. “Smurf my heart and hoped to smurf.”

“Cross my boiler and hoped to scrap.” Said James as he made his promise also.

And so, James and Grouchy once again turned to the horizon to watch the sun setting down from the sky. And they could see that the big yellow ball in the sky is almost touching the surface of the sea.

And as Grouchy was turning to James, he saw something that made him surprised and amazed. He was looking at the #5 engine’s red coat, and it’s getting the same finishing touches. A shine of the sun’s light has shone James’ red coat from smoke-box to cab with a twinkle on the tip of the cab roof. “[TWINK!]” And his gold dome was sparkling glitteringly. “[Glittering Sounds]“ And lastly, his cab roof-mounted whistle is also getting a glisten. “[Sound of light glistening]” Grouchy was indeed very impressed, and he really and seriously thinks that James is indeed a really splendid Engine.

Grouchy wasted no time and spoke to James happily. “Wow! Well, James.” He replied, “Here’s something that I would really and seriously LOVE to smurf. Your red coat does indeed look nice, shiny, and very smurfy, and you really are indeed a really splendid Engine. Am I right, Baby?”

“Gaa.” Cooed Baby Smurf.

James was extremely delighted and he nearly cried! “Thank you, Grouchy!” He tooted joyfully, “And you don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for you to say that to me! And thanks to you, I feel like my really splendid self again!”

“And I’m very glad to smurf you happy again.” Said Grouchy grandly.

Then suddenly, Baby Smurf began to speak. “J-J-James… s-s-splendid!” He cooed.

“Awww!” Tooted James, “Baby Smurf just spoke to me! And it’s really adorable!”

“Yes it is!” Agreed Grouchy. “But, UGH! I HATE your black wheels!”

James was shocked. “But why?!” He stuttered, “What’s wrong with my black wheels?!”

“They’re not the same color like your red coat.” Said Grouchy truthfully, “Am I right, Baby?”

“Waa.” Agreed Baby Smurf.

“Hmm.” Pondered James, and he looked at his wheels. Now he’s getting the feeling that Grouchy is right. He does had been chuffing around the island in black wheels for so long.

Then after having a long thought, James made up his mind. “You know what, Grouchy?” He puffed, “You’re right, I did had been chuffing around the island in black wheels for so long. So, I’ll get them painted to match my red coat, so I could be twice as splendid.”

“Well, glad you smurf things my way.” Said Grouchy grandly.

“Now,” Replied James, “Here’s something that I would really and seriously LOVE to say to you, too. You’re really not an oldfangled nonsense, you’re really are indeed a really useful Smurf, especially when you look after Baby Smurf.”

Now Grouchy was extremely delighted and he nearly cried also! “Thank you, James!” He shouted joyfully, “And you don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for you to smurf that to me, too! And thanks to you, I will now always be happy! But, still…”

“I know.” Chuckled James, “You HATE for your fellow Smurfs to know about it. And I puff it.”

“Yeah. Heh, heh, heh.” Giggled Grouchy.

And again all of a sudden, Baby Smurf spoke up again. “G-G-Grouchy… u-u-useful!” He cooed again.

“Oh, Baby!” Grouchy cheered, “Now that’s very smurfy! And it’s way smurfy than your first word!”

“What was Baby Smurfs’ first word, Grouchy?” Wondered James.

“YECH! That most hateful wizard, Gargamel!” Complained Grouchy.

“GARGAMEL?!” Said James unhappily, “Now that name is just so DISGUSTING!”

“I know!” Agreed Grouchy, “And I still HATE it and him, too!”

“Well, let’s not talk about that.” Suggested James calmly, “I don’t want to get myself upset again.”

“Me, too.” Agreed Grouchy.

“Uh-huh.” Said Baby Smurf.

“Well, there’s one way that will smurf a smile on my face.” Said Grouchy calmly.

“And what is that?” Puffed James puzzlingly.

“Would you please smurf your whistle?” Grouchy asked pleasingly, “I just LOVE the sound of that tune.”

“I will be my puffy pleasure.” Answered James cheerfully, and he gave Grouchy three long smoothing toots. “[PEEEEP… PEEEEP… PEEEEP!]”

“Mmm, smurfy.” Said Grouchy relaxedly.

Then Baby Smurf followed along by speaking it. “Peep… Peep… Peep!” He cooed.

“You like that don’t you, Baby Smurf.” Chuckled James, “Well here’s more just for you.” And he also gave Baby Smurf three long smoothing toots. “[PEEEEP… PEEEEP… PEEEEP!]”

“Peep, peep, peep!” Cooed Baby Smurf.

“Thanks, James.” Said Grouchy thankfully, “Baby Smurf really loved it.”

“It was nothing, Grouchy.” Said James proudly. “It was nothing.”

As Grouchy and James turned to the horizon, a gently breeze from the seaside has blown into their faces. And it’s making them feeling calmed and relaxed, and also very happy.

“Ahh, that was a smurfy breeze.” Said Grouchy happily with his eyes closed.

“Mmmmm.” Agreed James with his eyes closed also.

“And this is indeed the best smurfy time that I ever smurfed in my whole life.” Added Grouchy.

“Me too, Grouchy.” Said James happily, “Me, too.”

“Hah.” Said Baby Smurf as he enjoyed the breeze also.

“And what do you think about the Island of Sodor, Grouchy?” Replied James.

“It’s smurfy!” Cheered Grouchy, “I LOVE the Island the Sodor! The sights are smurfy, and your friends are smurftastic! And it‘s way smurfy than the other places that we smurfed.”

“Well, thank you.” Tooted James, “And I’m glad you liked it, too.”

“Indeed.” Said Grouchy, “Right, Baby?”

“Whee!” Cheered Baby Smurf.

And the two new friends just had to laugh. “[Grouchy and James laughing together]”

And the three new friends went on enjoying feeling the breeze from one of the beaches along the Sodor Island Seaside.

But suddenly, James, Grouchy, and Baby Smurfs’ peaceful moment at the beach are interrupted by a pair of whistles. “[PEEP! PEEP!]”

Grouchy thought it was James. “Alright James.” He said sternly, “You don’t have to smurf your whistle for me again.”

James was confused. “Don’t be daft, Grouchy.” He puffed, “And that’s not my whistle.”

“[PEEP! PEEP! PEEP!]”

“Oh, you’re right.” Said Grouchy understandingly, “But, who is it?”

“I don’t know.” Puzzled James, “And it sounds so far away.”

But then, they heard some shouting. “JAMES! GROUCHY! BABY SMURF!”

“[GASP] James, I recognized those voices!” Gasped Grouchy.

“So do I!” James gasped also.

And as the two new friends looked back, they were surprised. There coming straight towards them, is Emily, along with Smurfette, Vanity, and the Smurflings!

James watched as Emily stopped right beside him with one last puff.

“Emily!” Whistled James.

“Smurfette! Smurflings!” Hollered Grouchy, “And… Vanity?!”

“Well, I was feeling left out!” Complained Vanity, “And James, I told you I should smurf along with you!”

“Well, it’s too late for that now, Vanity!” Said Smurfette severely.

“But what’s puffing on?” James said puzzlingly.

“And why are you all here?” Added Grouchy.

“We’ve been smurfing everywhere for you three, that’s why!” Snapped Snappy.

“And James, you gotta smurf Grouchy and Baby Smurf back to the sheds, right now!” Sassette said warningly.

“And Papa Smurf is almost finishing assembling the time crystals!” Added Smurfette.

“And we’ve waited for you for so long, but you didn’t arrived!” Wheeshed Emily, “So I, Smurfette, Vanity, and the Smurflings had to puff out and search for you three!”

“Bust my buffers!” Whistled James.

“Bust my smurfs!” Hollered Grouchy.

“Uh-oh!” Squealed Baby Smurf.

“And there isn’t much time!” Warned Vanity, “And if we don’t smurf it before nighttime, we have to wait till tomorrow, and early in the morning! And that won’t do for my smurfy looks!”

“But I’m afraid I can’t puff on.” Moaned Emily, “I’m almost out of water, and my wheels are really aching me.”

“Oh poor Emily.” Said the Smurflings sadly.

“Ohh.” Said Baby Smurf sadly also.

“Well don’t worry everybody!” Tooted James cheerfully, “Just puff it all to dependable and reliable me! And I have plenty of water to get us all to Tidmouth Sheds lickety-split!”

“Oh, thank you, James!” Said the five Smurfs thankfully.

“And that was very helpful and kind of you, too.” Puffed Emily thankfully also.

“But first,” Said James, “Let me couple up Emily, and then we’re on our way.”

“Thank you, James.” Said Smurfette sweetly, and she blew a kiss to the #5 engine. “[SMOOCH]”

“Uhhhhh…” Blushed James, and his face went pinker than ever and felt very speechless.

“Hehehehehe.” Chuckled the Smurflings.

“Hmhmhmhmhm.” Giggled Emily and Smurfette.

“Um, Smurf to James!” Grouchy shouted as he tries to snap him out, “We should be smurfing now!”

“Huh? Oh, right! Let’s go!” Steamed James, and he chuffed off to the nearest juction.

After switching tracks, James slowly and gently buffered up to Emily. And with all his strength, “[Grouchy grunting while flexing his muscles]” Grouchy coupled up the two Engines. And he even connected their brake pipes. At last, everything is all set.

“Is everybody ready?!” James tooted.

“Ready!” Whistled Emily.

“Smurfin’ ready, James!” Said the five Smurfs cheerfully.

“O-k!” James whistled, “Here we go! And “smurf” on to your hats, Smurfs!“ And with two happy toots, “[PEEP! PEEP!]” The #5 engine, along with the non-numbered engine and the six Smurfs, chuffed off quickly to Tidmouth Sheds as fast as he could.

After leaving the Sodor Island Seaside, James, with Emily behind him and along with the six Smurfs, raced through the countryside with such speed and was on his way to Tidmouth Sheds. And he was on the same way that he chuffed through before.

James had chuffed through both, but the other way around, the main line and the branch line. And he also chuffed through the same locations which is also the other way around. He dashed by some stations, cluttered through tunnels, and rattled over bridges. And he also passed by some of the other Engines along the way.

But then, there was trouble. Along the branch line up ahead, is a diamond. And as James was going to chuff straight through it, he saw something that made him gasped. He could see that Diesel was about to cross through it, and he doesn’t care on what he was watching and going.

James was appalled and he blew his whistle loudly. “[PEEP-PEEP! PEEP-PEEP!]”

Diesel jumped and reversed back just in time.

And the two Engines sped passed by him in a flash. “[ZOOM!]”

“WATCH WHERE YA CHUFFING YOU CARELESS DIRTY DIESEL!” James shouted crossly.

“AND I HATE THAT CARELESS DIRTY DIESEL!” Yelled Grouchy negative.

“CLUMSY RAILSMURFER!” Snappy hollered furiously.

This made Diesel very cross. “THIS IS WHY I NEVER WANT TO GET ALONG WITH YOU STINKY STEAMIES!” He roared.

“OH, SHUT UP, DIESEL!” Fumed James and Emily.

“AND PUT A SMURF IN IT, TOO!” The five Smurfs countered back.

“ERRRRRRRRR!” Growled Diesel.

But James and Emily didn’t hear him this time, and they simply just kept on chuffing along the branch line.

Just then, James was chuffing along the main line again, and he realized that he’s almost there. But suddenly, he began to feel tired, and his axles, gears, and wheels are beginning to ache. But James knew that he couldn’t stop, and was determined to bring the rest of the Smurfs to Tidmouth Sheds and get them there in time for their departure.

“Must get back home, must get back home, must get back home!” Panted James.

“Do you have to resmurf the same thing all the time?!” Shouted Grouchy.

“Sorry!” Chuffed James, “That’s what we Engines say when we get worried!”

“Please don’t smurf that!” Complained Vanity, “It’s smurfing me a wrinkle!”

“Pah, what a drama Smurf!” Sniffed Emily.

“And if only I can chuff faster!” Groaned James, “With some pride or willpower!”

“Well James!” Snappy called, “If it’s pride AND willpower you want, then it’s both you’re gonna smurf!”

“But by what?!” James chuffed puzzlingly.

“By singing your favorite song!” Said Sassette excitedly.

“You mean…?!” Gasped James.

“Yes!” Said the Smurflings, “Smurf it, Emily!”

“My pleasure, Smurflings!” Tooted Emily. “[PEEP! PEEP!]”

[James, The Really Splendid Engine - Smurf Version]
[Song plays and starts]

[James]:
[PEEEEP!]

[Snappy]:
TAKE A LOOK WHO’S SMURFING,
DOWN THE TRACK

[Sassette]:
SMURF WAY FOR JAMES,
HOORAY FOR JAMES

[Vanity]:
SHINY, SMURFY PAINT,
WITH THE JET BLACK STACK

[Smurfette]:
SMURF WAY FOR JAMES,
HOORAY FOR JAMES

[Snappy]:
WHAT IS FOR SMURFTAIN
AND WE REALLY SHOULD NOTE

[Sassette]:
IT’S INDISMURFABLE,
BUT LET’S SMURF A VOTE

[Smurflings]:
HE’S THE SMURFY SPLENDID ENGINE
WITH THE BRIGHT RED COAT

[James]:
[PEEP-PEEP!]

[Snappy]:
SMURF IT, GROUCHY!

[Grouchy]:
SMURFING DOWN THE LINE,
LIKE A SMURFING SMURF

[Smurflings]:
SMURF WAY FOR JAMES,
HOORAY FOR JAMES([James]: [PEEEEP!])

[Grouchy]:
SMURF ON TO YOUR HAT,
AS HE SMURFES PAST

[Smurfette & Vanity]:
SMURF WAY FOR JAMES,
HOORAY FOR JAMES

[Smurflings]:
HE REALLY KNOWS
HOW TO SMURF A SHOW

[Smurfette & Vanity]:
YOU GOTTA SMURF BACK
AND WATCH HIM GO

[Grouchy]:
WITH THE BRIGHT RED COAT

[James]:
[PEEP! PEEP!]

[Smurflings]:
JAMES EE OH

[Smurfette & Vanity]:
LOOK WHO’S SMURFING IT,
DOWN THE TRACK

[Grouchy]:
SMURF WAY FOR JAMES,
HOORAY FOR JAMES([James]: [PEEEEP!])

[Smurflings]:
HE NEVER SMURFS UP,
HE NEVER SMURFS DOWN

[Grouchy]:
SMURF WAY FOR JAMES,
HOORAY FOR JAMES

[All five chorus]:
OH, TAKE A LOOK WHO’S SMURFING,
DOWN THE TRACK

SMURF WAY FOR JAMES,
HOORAY FOR JAMES

SHINY, SMURFY PAINT,
WITH THE JET BLACK STACK

SMURF WAY FOR JAMES,([James]: [PEEEEP!])
HOORAY FOR JAMES

HE’S THE REALLY SPLENDID ENGINE

THE SHINY, SHINY ENGINE

HE’S THE REALLY SMURFY ENGINE

THE SMURFY, SPLENDID ENGINE

YEP - THAT’S OUR JAMES

[Grouchy]:
THAT’S JAMES!

[James]:
[PEEP! PEEP!]
PEEP! PEEP! THAT’S ME!

[Song stops]

And so, with a lot of pride and willpower after hearing his favorite song from the five Smurfs, James increased his speedometer to 100 mph and he high-speedily set off with Emily behind him and the rest of Smurfs along with him to Tidmouth Sheds, and was really determined to get the little blue time-travelers there in time for their departure.

(Amtrak Smurf): Will James get the rest of the Smurfs to Tidmouth Sheds in time for their departure? Let’s all hope that he will, and keep your buffers and smurf fingers crossed!

Fun facts: From Thomas and Friends.
When James told Grouchy his secret, he once use a bootlace to mend a hole in his brake pipe while pulling his coaches and his friends teasing him about it, it was from the four Season 1 eps: James And The Coaches, Troublesome Trucks, James And The Express, and of course, Dirty Objects. (And you can see these episodes on Youtube.com or on any other video websites)

From The Smurfs:
Grouchy’s love for his favorite activity, swimming, can be traced back to the Season 6 ep.: Grouchy Makes A Splash. (And you can see this episode on AOL’s video search panel, under the Mofile channel or on any other video websites)

Quiz: Background song #5, well it is indeed The Cheetah Girls singing Strut, but which movie is the song from, the first one, the second one, or the third one? And there are some hints to it!

--------------------
The destination of this train is: Smurf Village

Posts: 600 | From: Milton, MA/Chile | Registered: Apr 2007
Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-23-2008 08:54 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Wow, great chapter, Amtrak! I enjoyed very much James whistling his version of Smurfs' "LA LA" song, and I've never imagined Grouchy wearing
"SMILEY" undershorts, it was pretty funny! Nor that Brainy could be ill-mannered, interrupting the talk among the Smurfs and the Engines (I confess: besides Grouchy, I like him even though he's a pain in the neck).
Nice to know the friendship between "Happy Grouchy" and "Grouchy James" is getting closer. Very good! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-23-2008 11:44 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
This was a great chapter, Amtrak. Grouchy is a great character and you written him well [Wink]

I look forward in what happens next. Keep up the great work!

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-24-2008 11:43 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thank you, Raven Child and Squeaky Smurf! [Smile]

--------------------

trustworthy smurfette
Smurf
Member # 2406

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-05-2008 08:28 PM      Profile for trustworthy smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
i hope you post the next chapter soon i hate waiting
Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-07-2008 11:45 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kitten:
i hope you post the next chapter soon i hate waiting

Patience is a virtue, Kitten! [Roll Eyes]

But speaking of that, calling Marianamersmurf and Cool Smurf! [Frown]

--------------------

trustworthy smurfette
Smurf
Member # 2406

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-10-2008 01:25 PM      Profile for trustworthy smurfette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
i know patience is a vertue i am still young i will learn to be more patience
Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-10-2008 08:03 PM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
This is yet another fantastic chapter you have written, Amtrak Smurf. I am enjoying how you're portraying James and Grouchy's interaction with one another. And to answer your question about the background song, Strut it's from the Cheetah Girls 2.

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-10-2008 11:31 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks, Marianamersmurf. Glad you like the chapter, and correct on the quiz.

--------------------

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-13-2008 07:28 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I really enjoyed the chapter, Amtrak Smurf. You're really good at storytelling and creating relationships between the Smurfs and all of the Thomas & Friends characters.

Good job! [Techno Smurf]

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Posts: 963 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Feb 2006
Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-13-2008 10:49 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thank you, Cool Smurf. [Vanity Smurf]

--------------------

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-19-2008 08:24 AM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Ladies and gentlemen, smurfs and smurfettes, I give you - drum roll please... [Drum rolling] Da,da-da-da! The final chapter, Chapter 12! I would like to thank for those who participated for reading my story, including newbies. But I do not want to thank for those who did not participated because of their forgetfulness, and I know who!

Now, about the "using your imagination" thing. As you all read my story, you think of it as watching a movie. And the story(movie) scene is live-action model animation(Thomas and Friends) mixed in with 2D animation(The Smurfs). And the people in the story are 3D CGI animation. Well, that's the imagination part.

And now, for the "listening voices in you head" thing. Well, we all know who provided the voices of The Smurfs. But for Thomas and Friends, the voices who provided the characters are the ones from the 2000 movie, Thomas and the Magic Railroad. But, I made some changes for the voicing's of the T&F characters. [Note: The voice actors/actresses from the movie are marked with a *]

Here's the list of it: The main characters

Narrator - Britt Allcroft* [Who was the voice of Lady]
Thomas - Edward Glen*
Edward - Ringo Starr [This engine never appeared in the movie]
Henry - Michael Angelis [Originally Kevin Frank but his voice acting of Henry is awful]
Gordon - Neil Crone*
James - Susan Ramon*
Percy - Linda Ballantyne*
Toby - Colm Feore*
Emily - Kate Winslet
Annie & Clarabel - Shelley Elizabeth Skinner*
The Troublesome Trucks - Various voice actors/actresses with high-pitched and squeaky voices
Sir Topham Hatt(AKA The Fat Controller) - Pierce Brosnan

Now for this list: The minor characters

Donald & Douglas/Spencer - Michael Brandon
Molly - Alice Evans
Rosie - various british girl
Billy - various british boy
Diesel - Pierce Brosnan
'Arry & Bert/Cranky - Kevin Frank*
Salty - Michael Angelis
Mavis - Natasha Richardson

And there you have it!

And again, Chapter 12 will be the final chapter! And this one is super long with a very sad(and eye tearing) but happy ending! So be there, or be puffed and smurfed! Toodles!

--------------------

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-21-2008 11:41 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hello! Do I get a say on this from my previous message?! [GNAP!]

--------------------

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-22-2008 12:14 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Sounds great, looking forward in reading the conclusion to your story [Wink]

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-22-2008 12:19 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Was Ringo Starr the narrator in the TV series? [Cool]

--------------------

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-22-2008 10:29 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Squeaky Smurf:
Was Ringo Starr the narrator in the TV series? [Cool]

Have you read the fun fact on Ch. 7.? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-23-2008 11:56 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Yes, Amtrak, I've read it but I'd forgotten that he did it during two seasons. Sor-ry!! [Angel Smurf]

--------------------

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-23-2008 05:46 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Squeaky Smurf:
Yes, Amtrak, I've read it but I'd forgotten that he did it during two seasons. Sor-ry!! [Angel Smurf]

That's alright. [Wink]

--------------------

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-23-2008 05:51 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Oh, and I just forgot. There's another minor character. Here:

Henrietta - Shelley Elizabeth Skinner*

Silly me!

--------------------

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-25-2008 11:23 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
OKAY! HERE COMES THE FINAL CHAPTER! [Smile]

--------------------

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-26-2008 09:23 AM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 12: Time To Puff And Smurf Good-bye

As the story is now coming to an end, here’s what we last puff and smurf off from our adventure. After suffering a third major accident and having a second change of heart, Grouchy and James had settled their feelings and became good new friends. And to celebrate it, the two new friends went off to spend some quality and smurfy time together, and of course, Baby Smurf wanted to come along with them too. But after chuffing through the countryside, Grouchy decided to spend some more time at a special and smurfy spot on Sodor, and James knows just the right place, which is one of the beaches along the Sodor Island Seaside. And they started out with Grouchy having a swim with Baby Smurf and with James watching over them. Then the two new friends had finally got to know each other, by talking about the things that they hate and love, and sharing each others secrets. And they ended it by watching the sun setting in the horizon, of which they didn’t know that they’re wasting time and stalling the Smurfs’ departure! Back at Tidmouth Sheds, Thomas told his friends everything about Grouchy and James, and at first the Engines are shocked to hear about the #5 engine’s accident, but they’re very happy to hear about his and the once bad-tempered Smurfs’ newly formed friendship. And while Papa had started assembling the time crystals, the Engines and the Smurfs are having their long and final moments before the little blue time-travelers’ departure. Then Brainy rudely interrupted them by babbling his annoying quotations, but the Engines had shut the know-it-all Smurf up by wheeshing a big cloud of steam at him.(And it’s the same thing that James did to Grouchy when they had their uneventful argument.) Then suddenly, the Engines and the Smurfs realized that the sun is now setting, and although James, Grouchy, and Baby Smurf have not arrived yet! So Emily, along with Smurfette, Vanity, and the Smurflings, volunteered to go search for them. But after all that chuffing and searching, the non-numbered engine was about to give up, but luckily, Smurfette thought of a way to solve it, “be someone like the other”. And Emily now knows where to find James, Grouchy, and Baby Smurf, and indeed she did. The two new friends were surprised to see them, and the others told them why is because they have been searching for them, and it’s almost time for the Smurfs to leave. But there was trouble, Emily is almost out of water and couldn’t continue, but James puffed in to the rescue, and in no time, the mid-size red tender engine had coupled up the mid-size emerald tender engine, and they, along with the six Smurfs, are on their way back to Tidmouth Sheds. And after hearing his favorite song, James had puffed up his pride and willpower, and was really determined to get the little blue time-travelers there in time for their departure. So, you all are saying is; will James get there in time? Let’s all hope that he will, and remember, this is the final chapter!

Meanwhile, back at Tidmouth Sheds, Thomas and only five of his friends, along with the 11 remaining Smurfs, are waiting very anxiously for Emily and the other four Smurfs to bring James, Grouchy, and Baby Smurf back to the sheds. But it’s been two hours since the non-numbered engine had puffed off to search for the #5 engine, and the Engines and the Smurfs are getting even more worried than ever. And after all that waiting and worrying, the Engines are losing their funnels, and the Smurfs are losing their minds. And not to mention driving each other crazy.

“[Sound of rattling]”

“Percy, please stop smurfing!” Jokey complained, “You’re driving me smurfy, and it‘s not funny at all!”

“Sorry, Jokey!” Peeped Percy as he stopped shaking.

“Hefty, would you please stop walking from left to right!” Boomed Gordon, “You’re puffing me dizzy!”

“Sorry, Gordon!” Said Hefty as he stopped.

“Ah, ah, ah,… ah-thoo!” Sneezed Henry.

“Ahhhh! Frere Jacques, I can’t smurf it anymore!” Shouted Painter, “Monsieur Henry, you’re zneezing iz driving me smurfy!”

“I’m sorry, Painter!” Wheeshed Henry, “But all that waiting and worrying is puffing me to sneeze!”

“Ok, that’s it!” Brainy yelled, “It’s official, James has smurfed confusion and delay!” Now he really sound just like the Fat Controller.

“And Papa Smurf, why do you let Grouchy smurf with James?!” Added Brainy, “He should’ve smurfed with us! But did he?! Oh, no! You just have to let him smurf with James so they can smurf some “smurfy time” together! And it’s like you said, Papa Smurf; that there is no time for…!”

“DO YOU WANT SOME MORE STEAM, BRAINY!” Grumbled the Engines.

“AND A TOSS TO SMURF WITH IT!” Snarled the Smurfs.

Brainy was frighten. “[GULP] On second thought, I’ll just smurf mysmurf behind Thomas’ dome. Aaaah!” And he cowardly and frightfully jumped up to Thomas’ boiler and hid himself behind his dome.

“Scaredy-Smurf.” Giggled Percy.

“I smurf to that. Ha-ha-ha!” Laughed Jokey.

“Papa Smurf, I’m really and truly am sorry.” Thomas puffed to the wizard Smurf, “But believe me, this isn’t like James at all.”

“And just what are you trying to smurf, Thomas?” Replied Papa.

“Well, I did say that James really is a dependable and reliable Engine,” Thomas said honestly, “But he’s also a seldom late sort of Engine. And what I was trying to puff is, is… Oh, bother! All I was trying to puff is, I just want James to puff some more time with Grouchy for a little bit longer before you all leave.”

“Well, Thomas.” Papa replied wisely, “I smurf the same way, too. But you know that we can’t smurf here for much longer. And we really want to smurf back at our own time period. And besides, I really miss my other 87 Smurfs.”

“And I miss Grandma Smurf.” Added Grandpa.

“[Purring] Me, too.” Said Smoogle.

“Hold the fire!” Tooted the Engines.

“Did Papa Smurf just said that there are more Smurfs than the 17 that are here with us?!” Edward puffed surprisingly.

“Oh, yes!” Tooted Thomas to his friends, “And I forgot to puff you all! With the 17 Smurfs here with us, there are 88 more at their time period. And when you all add them altogether, that gives a total of 105 Smurfs!”

“Whoa, 105 Smurfs?!” Stunned Gordon, Henry, and Percy, “Amazing!”

“And that’s a lot of Smurfs, too!” Ranged Toby.

“[SIGH] I miss my smurf gym.” Sighed Hefty sadly.

“I mizz my masterpizzas.” Painter said in misery.

“I miss my surprises.” Sorrowed Jokey.

“I miss my rock collection.” Put in Clumsy feeling homesick.

“I miss mysmurf sleeping around the village.” Lazy sighed in sadness.

“I miss my smurf-made inventions.” Said Handy depressingly.

“I miss my smurf-made food.” Sighed Greedy sorrowfully.

“And I miss my very own book.” Said Brainy sadly as he appeared on top of Thomas’ right water tank.

“Hah. [Chattering]” Wild chattered in depression.

“And I think that Wild misses Chitter.” Grandpa replied as he can tell from the once long-lost Smurfs’ misery.

“Who’s Chitter?” Wondered Henry.

“Wild’s squirrel friend.” Said Grandpa to the big green tender engine.

“Oh.” Wheeshed Henry.

“Oh, dear.” Percy puffed sadly, “You Smurfs really are indeed homesick.”

“And it is really for the best that you Smurfs should go back to your own time period.” Said Edward wisely.

“And I couldn’t agree more with Edward.” Added Thomas.

“Thank you, Thomas.” Papa said gratefully and thankfully. “And you too, Edward.”

“Now I’m really in disgrace for you, Smurfs.” Gordon puffed.

“Well, that’s life.” Steamed Toby.

And the six remaining Engines let out their depressing sighs. “[Engines sighing in depression]”

Suddenly, as Wild was still on watch out, he saw something that made him cheer and yell in happiness. “[Wild yelling like Tarzan]”

“Wild, what is it?!” Whistled Thomas.

“Huh?!” Gasped the Engines and the Smurfs.

Wild jumped up and down and pointed to the distance.

Everyone looked ahead, and they could see a light flicking on and off, and off and on coming straight towards the sheds.

“Someone’s coming!” Peeped Percy.

“But who is it?! I can’t smurf!” Shouted Brainy.

“It’s so hard to smurf from this distance!” Said Papa loudly.

“So do I!” Said Thomas.

But they now found out by hearing a pair of familiar whistles. “[PEEP! PEEP!]”

“IT’S JAMES!” The Engines whistled.

“[PEEP! PEEP!]”

“AND EMILY!” Added Edward, “SHE FOUND HIM!”

“PAPA SMURF, PAPA SMURF!”

“AND MY FOUR LITTLE SMURFS!” Papa shouted joyfully, “AND THEY SMURF GROUCHY AND BABY SMURF, TOO!”

“THEY SMURF IT, THEY SMURF IT!” Cheered the Smurfs.

“HERE THEY COME, HERE THEY COME!” The Engines cheered also.

“[PEEP-PEEP-PEEP! PEEP-PEEP-PEEP!]”

Everyone watched joyfully as James and Emily, along with the six Smurfs, entered Tidmouth Sheds with one last puff from the #5 engine.

“[PEEP! PEEP! PEEP!] PEEP! PEEP! PEEP! I’M HERE, I’M HERE, I’M HERE!” Whistled James as he came to a complete stop by wheeshing a big cloud of steam. “[Steam wheeshing heavily]”

“I MADE IT, I MADE IT, I MADE IT!” Panted James joyfully.

“You sure did, James!” Tooted Thomas.

“CHEERFUL TOOTS FOR JAMES!” The Engines cheered.

“AND SMURFY CHEERS, TOO!” The Smurfs cheered also.

“[Smurfs chanting Hip-hip-hurray three times and Engines whistling cheerfully]”

“And I never had doubted you for a smurf, James!” Papa shouted grandly, “And as the Fat Controller would always smurf to you, you really are a dependable, reliable, and really useful Engine!”

“Thank you, Papa Smurf!” Tooted James, “Thank you, everyone!” And he felt so proud that it made his axles tingled.

And Grouchy felt very pleased for James as well.

“And James,” Edward puffed, “Why is Emily behind you?!”

“Oh! Well…” James giggled.

“Well, I was tired!” Emily spoke up, “And I was almost out of water!”

“You silly Engine!” Boomed Gordon crossly, “You should’ve take on more water before you left!”

“NOW DON’T YOU START WITH ME, GORDON!” Snapped Emily, “I JUST FORGOT, THAT’S ALL!”

“Pah, sure you did!” Snorted Gordon.

“AH, PUT A SMURF IN IT, GORDON!” Snarled Sassette and Smurfette.

“WHY, I NEVER!” Appalled Gordon, and he felt so speechless.

“Gordon’s been bumped by a Smurf!” Chuckled Percy.

“Now that’s a laugh!” Shouted Jokey laughingly.

And everyone also had to laugh. “[Everyone laughing]”

And Gordon’s face went pink like a strawberry-flavored ice cream.

“Well, what’s most important is,” James quoted, “That we’re all back together once again!”

“Here, here!” Agreed the Engines and the Smurfs.

“Peep-peep-peep!” Said Baby Smurf cheerfully.

“You smurf it, Baby!” Laughed Grouchy.

And again everyone just had to laugh. “[Everyone laughing]”

After the happy reuniting, James had parked himself between Thomas and Edward, while Emily parked herself between Edward and Toby. And all the Smurfs had gathered around Thomas and James. They and the Engines all wanted to hear about Grouchy and James’ best quality and smurfy time together.

“So tell us, James.” Tooted Thomas eagerly.

“How was your and Grouchy’s best smurfy time together?” Added Papa.

“It was splendid!” James puffed ecstatically.

“And smurfy, of course!” Added Grouchy.

“And what did you two do on your special day?” Edward wondered.

“Oh, I went chuffing around the island while Grouchy and Baby Smurf just sit back and enjoyed the ride.” Said James.

“But I grew bored of it.” Replied Grouchy, “So James, Baby Smurf, and I smurfed off to a special and smurfy spot on Sodor.”

“Ooh, la la!” Amazed Painter, “What zpot iz it?”

“It’s one of the beaches along the Sodor Island Seaside.” Puffed James.

“Ooh.” Amazed the Smurfs.

“And that’s where I and the four Smurfs along with me found them.” Chirped Emily.

“Well, smurfy work, Emily.” Said Papa grandly.

“Thank you, Papa Smurf.” Said Emily gratefully and thankfully.

“Anyway,” Smurfette spoke up, “What did you and Grouchy smurf at the beach, James?”

“Well, I did nothing much.” Giggled James, “All I did is watch over Grouchy and Baby Smurf while they went for a swim.”

“Wow, Grouchy, you went swimming?!” Handy said surprisingly.

Grouchy nodded positively but pacing his usual scowled face.

“Now that sounds like fun.” Tooted Edward.

“Oh, it is for Grouchy.” Chuckled Papa.

“Then what else did you and Grouchy do, James?” Thomas peeped.

“Well,” James puffed, “We finally got to know each other by talking about the things that we hate and love, and we have a lot more in common than ever.”

“Whoo.” Amazed the Engines.

“Ahhh.” Added the Smurfs.

“Oh, and I almost forgot!” James whistled laughingly, “HA-HA-HA! You all should’ve seen it! While I was having my wash down, Spencer, as usual, didn’t care and like about my vanity! So Grouchy used his negativity to shut him up, and you all should’ve seen the look on his face when he saw Grouchy!”

“AH, HA-HA-HA!” Laughed the Engines.

“Smurf that usmurfy Engine right! HA-HA-HA!” The Smurfs laughed also.

And everyone indeed had a good laugh. “[Laughing continues for five seconds]”

“Ah, yes.” James puffed as he stopped laughing, “It was really indeed the best and “smurfy” day that I ever have with Grouchy.”

“And I couldn’t agree more with you, James.” Said Grouchy happily.

“Gaa.” Agreed Baby Smurf.

“Well, I’m very happy to smurf that you two indeed had the best quality and smurfy time ever.” Papa said grandly.

“So do I.” Said Thomas happily.

“Me, too.” Added Edward.

Grouchy and James turned to each other and they smiled joyfully.

“Oh, and Handy.” James said to Hefty’s best friend, “About your railsmurfer.”

“Yes, James?” Handy said nervously.

“I think your smurf version of the steam engine is really indeed splendid.” James puffed grandly.

Handy was very pleased. “Thanks, James.” He said gratefully and thankfully.

Just then, the Engines had something to say to James.

“Um, James.” Gordon puffed.

“Yes?” Replied James.

“We all wanted to say that we’re sorry for teasing you about getting the job that you really and truly hate.” Wheeshed Henry.

“Ohh, so now you all know how I feel about getting the job that I really and truly hate.” Huffed James seriously.

“And it’s about time that you unsmurfy Engines get to apologize to James!” Scowled Grouchy.

“Yes.” Peeped Percy shamefully, “And we’re really sorry about your third major accident.”

“And we felt terrible about it, too.” Emily puffed honestly.

“Can you ever forgive us, James?” Said Toby sincerely.

James wasn’t sure, and he began to have a long thought.

But Papa spoke up to James. “They really mean it, James.” He said, “After Thomas had told them everything.”

“Hmm.” Said James, “What do you think, Grouchy?”

“Well, I was about to smurf that I HATE for you to forsmurf your friends after for what they had smurfed to you.” Grouchy said scowlingly, “But I decided to choose the wise thing, just like Papa Smurf.”

Papa couldn’t help but smiled grandly.

“And I also agree with Grouchy on this.” Tooted Edward wisely.

“Me too.” Said Thomas.

After having a long thought, James let out his answer. “Alright.” He puffed, “I forgive you all.”

The Engines are very glad that James forgave them.

“And there’s something that I also want to puff to you all too.” James replied.

“And what is that, James?” Wondered the Engines.

“DON’T EVER PUFF THAT AGAIN!” Roared James crossly.

“Whoa!” Startled the Engines.

Thomas, Edward, and the Smurfs couldn’t help but laugh heavily, even Grouchy and James. “[Three Engines and Smurfs laughing heavily]”

“Hehehehehe. Smurfy one, “Grouchy James”.” Grouchy Whispered.

“Thank you, “Happy Grouchy”.” Said James quietly.

“Happy Grouchy?!” Brainy and Jokey said surprisingly, of which they overheard their conversation.

And the two Smurfs paced a cheeky and sneaky look on their faces and they began to tease Grouchy.

“Oh, Grouchy!” Brainy called to the mixed-emotional Smurf, “Now since you smurf yet another change of heart!”

“We’re gonna smurf everybody at the village that you’re now a very happy Smurf!” Laughed Jokey.

Grouchy was shocked and furious. “YOU TWO WOULDN’T SMURF!” He scowled.

“Oh, but we will!” Taunted Brainy and Jokey. “Heh-heh-heh!”

“OH NO YOU TWO DON’T!” Snarled James crossly and protectively, “OR YOU’RE GONNA ANSWER TO ME AND MY BIG CLOUD OF STEAM!”

“AND TO US, TOO!” Grumbled the Engines.

“AND IF ANY OF YOU SMURF THIS OUT TO THE OTHER SMURFS AT THE VILLAGE!” Handy fumed as he stepped in.

“YOU TWO WILL BE SMURFING SOME KNUCKLE SMURFWICHES FOR DINNER!” Rumbled Hefty as he threatens Brainy and Jokey with his two bare fists.

Brainy and Jokey jumped and were very frighten.

“AND I’LL MAKE SURE THAT WON’T HAPPEN TOO!” Smurfette yelled furiously as she placed her hands on her hips.

“SAME TO US, TOO!” Said the Smurflings.

“[GULP]” Trembled Brainy and Jokey as they hold each other.

“Eesh, can’t anyone smurf a joke?” Quivered Jokey.

“Yeah, a joke. [Laughing nervously]” Added Brainy.

“WELL IT’S NOT THAT FUNNY AT ALL!” Hissed the other Smurfs and the Engines.

“Alright, alright!” Shouted Jokey.

“We won’t smurf, we won’t smurf!” Said Brainy truthfully.

“Phew.” Grouchy said in relief, and he was very glad that James was there with him.

But Grouchy cannot believe that his fellow Smurfs just stepped in and protected him. And he was very happy to have such good friends to be there by his side.

But just then, some of the Smurfs had gathered around Grouchy.

Grouchy was surprised, but he’s now feeling worried.

But Grouchy’s fellow Smurfs smiled.

“Don’t worry, Grouchy.” Handy spoke up, “We’ll make sure that it will never happen.”

“And you can smurf on us too, the honest ones.” Hefty said grandly, “And we will always smurf your back.” And he placed his left arm around Grouchy’s neck.

“And we will always be there for you, too.” Said Smurfette honestly.

“And me and Snappy promise that we won’t smurf either.” Sassette said sweetly.

“Smurfs’ honor.” Said Snappy as he made a salute.

This made Grouchy very delighted, and he nearly cried his eyes out.

“And Grouchy,” Edward puffed wisely, “You such be very grateful to have such good friends that really care and love you.”

“And I couldn’t agree more with Edward.” Said James happily.

“Thanks, Edward and James.” Said Grouchy gratefully. “And thank you, my fellow Smurfs.”

Then Smurfette stepped in and gave Grouchy a thankful kiss. “[SMOOCH]”

Grouchy’s face went pink. “Uhhhhh…” He blushed, and he felt very speechless.

“Oh, my!” Stunned Edward and James.

“Ohh! I HATE feeling embarrassed!” Grumbled Grouchy, “But I really LOVE being kissed by Smurfette.” He said positively.

Edward, James, and the five Smurfs just had to laugh, even Grouchy. “Hahahahaha.” They went.

“Hah, isn’t it smurfy, Thomas?” Papa said to the little blue tank engine.

“It sure is, Papa Smurf.” Agreed Thomas grandly. “It sure is.”

“Well, smurfy thing that I’m not the secret-revealing kind of Smurf.” Lazy said truthfully.

“Me too.” Added Clumsy.

“Me three.” Put in Greedy.

“Oui, moi alzo.” Said Painter lastly.

Just then, Vanity went up to Grouchy. “Um, Grouchy.” He replied, “Since James has both of our smurfonalities, I’ve been smurfing.”

“Huh?” Confused Grouchy.

“Well,” Said Vanity, “I think that we should… you know, smurf out.”

“Really, Vanity?” James puffed, “You, and Grouchy?”

“Well, why not?” Vanity replied, “I have some things to hate too, and I guess I’ll try not to smurf about my handsomeness that much. And who knows, maybe you and I will become very close friends.”

“Well.” Said James amazingly, “Now that’s something new coming from you, Vanity.”

“Oh, yes.” Said Vanity, “Oh, and I too won’t smurf about you. So, what do you smurf?”

Grouchy wasn’t sure, and he turned to James.

“I think you should puff it, Grouchy.” James tooted encouragingly, “And after all, Vanity is indeed right about me.”

And after having a long thought, Grouchy made his decision and turned to Vanity. “Alright, and I’ll try.” He said grandly. “Smurf it there, buddy.”

And Grouchy and Vanity gave each other a smurfy friendship hand shake.

Vanity then turned to his hand mirror. “And I think I’ll smurf him a hand mirror of his own.” He said to himself.

“Now that’s what I puff, “The start of a splendid friendship”.” Said James happily and quietly.

Suddenly, as Papa was finishing assembling the last remaining time crystals, everyone heard a noise. “[Sound of a car approaching]”

“Look!” Tooted Thomas, “Here comes the Fat Controller!”

“Oh, no.” Wheeshed James nervously.

Everyone watched as the Fat Controller parked his little blue car. “[Car stops]” Then he got himself off of it, and he walked towards the sheds and greeted his Engines.

“Good evening.” Boomed the Fat Controller.

“Good evening, sir.” Said the Engines.

“Today, you all had done a fine piece of work.” The Fat Controller said grandly, “You all indeed are really useful Engines.”

“Thank you, sir.” Said the Engines gratefully.

“But,” Replied the Fat Controller, “James, I’ve had been told that you were late while you were doing your job.”

“B-b-but, sir.” Stuttered James, “I did my job like you told me to.”

“That my be true.” The Fat Controller boomed, “But above all, you had caused confusion and delay.”

“Oh, bother.” Said James sadly.

And Grouchy felt in grief for James’ misery.

“And I think I know why.” The Fat Controller boomed sternly, “James, I’ve had been told that you just had an accident that involves the job that I gave you?”

“[Coughing alarmingly] Peep that again, sir?!” Gasped James.

“You heard me!” Boomed the Fat Controller sternly, “And it’s the third one since five years ago!”

“Oh, no!” Said Thomas quietly, “How does he know?!”

“And that’s what I want to know too!” James said shockingly and softly.

“And that’s what I smurfed, “One, two, three strikes and you’re smurfed!” Said Grouchy.

“But that’s not all!” The Fat Controller replied, “I’ve also had been told that during the accident, as if James and some of the trucks had some how managed to get back on the rails without using a crane?! As if like magic?!”

“Oh, smurfs!” Gasped the Smurfs.

“Oh, dear!” Stunned the Engines.

“How did you know all of that, sir?!” Thomas asked stunningly.

“A passenger from Molly’s train had told me everything!” Answered the Fat Controller. “And lastly, Spencer had claimed that he saw a talking blue rodent that just insulted him?!”

“Great Smurfs!” Gasped Papa.

“The smurf is up!” Said the Smurfs.

“I HATE “the smurf is up”!” Said Grouchy.

“Oh no, oh no, oh no!” Panicked the Engines.

“Oooh, Spen-cer!” Hissed James crossly and quietly.

But luckily, Thomas thought of a way to avoid it. “Uh, I think Spencer must be seeing things! Right, James?!”

“Yes, yes!” Agreed James, “Spencer must be seeing things indeed!”

“Phew.” Said the Engines and the Smurfs in relief.

“And you said so yourself, sir.” Thomas puffed, “You don’t believe in anything that are magical and mythical.”

“That may be true also!” Boomed the Fat Controller seriously, “But still, strange things had happened today!”

“Oh, dear.” Wheeshed the Engines, and they are now even more nervous than ever.

And the Smurfs are now feeling very depressed for the Engines.

Now the Fat Controller is looking very serious, and he demands an explanation. So he crossed his arms and spoke severely to the Engines. “Is there something that one of you would like to tell me?” He boomed.

The Engines are looking at each other in a panic mode. Then they turned to the Smurfs, and they could see that they’re looking very worried. But the Engines didn’t know that the Smurfs are actually feeling sorry for them and wanted to help.

“I’m waiting!” The Fat Controller boomed impatiently.

Now the Engines need to think of a way to make the Fat Controller forget all of this. But they don’t know how.

But thankfully, Thomas does. “[GULP] Well…” He puffed.

“Yes?” Said the Fat Controller sternly.

“Well,” Replied Thomas nervously, “We think that…, Umm…”

“OUT WITH IT ALREADY!” Boomed the Fat Controller impatiently and crossly.

“We think that we don’t believe in anything on what you just said, sir!” Thomas puffed stutteringly, “And we have no idea on what you’re talking about! Right, everyone?!”

“Yes, yes!” Agreed the Engines, “We have no idea on what you’re talking about at all! [Engines laughing nervously]”

But the Fat Controller has not accepted that answer. “As much as I don’t like having Engines not being told what to do,” He said sternly, “But I also don’t like having Engines keeping secrets from me!”

“Now I’ll ask this once more!” Said the Fat Controller severely, “What is going on around here?! And I want some answers now!”

Now the Engines are even more nervous and worried than ever. And the Smurfs are even more depressed as well.

But Thomas now realized that he had to say something. So he told the truth, but not the right one. “Well, sir.” He puffed, “I wish I could tell you. But I, I, I can’t. I just really can’t. And it’s for an unknown reason.”

“And we argee with Thomas on this, sir.” Said the Engines honestly.

But again, the Fat Controller has not accepted that answer too. So he turned to Edward. “Edward,” He called to the mid-size blue tender engine, “You’re the most honest and wisest one, so you can tell me.”

“You know I want to, sir.” Wheeshed Edward truthfully, “But I also have my reasons, too.”

“And that’s our final answer, sir.” Confirmed the Engines.

Now the Fat Controller was very cross and had lost patients. “Very well!” He boomed, “You all leave me with no other choice! You all are to stay in your sheds for a month!”

“A month in the sheds?!” Gasped the Engines, “But, sir…!”

“My decision is final!” Concluded the Fat Controller.

“But who will do our jobs?!” Peeped Percy in concern.

“That’s what replacements are for!” The Fat Controller boomed. “End of discussion!”

“But, sir…!” Wheeshed the Engines.

“I SAID END OF DISCUSSION!” Bellowed the Fat Controller.

The Engines watched miserably as the Fat Controller crossly turned away, and walked towards to his little blue car.

“Oh, bother.” Wheeshed Gordon and Henry sadly.

“A month in the sheds.” Sorrowed Percy.

“With no work to do.” Said James and Edward in misery.

“And no fun to play.” Emily and Toby said in depression.

“But we did the right thing, my friends.” Said Thomas thankfully. “We did the right thing.”

And he and the Engines let out their depressing sighs. “[Engines sighing depressingly]”

Now after seeing the whole thing, Papa, Grandpa, and their little Smurfs are now very and deeply sorry for the Engines, especially Grouchy for James. The little blue time-travelers do indeed know that the Engines did the right thing of keeping them from revealing themselves to people, but they don’t want to see their Engine friends being all parked up in their sheds for a month.

So Papa stood up and spoke to Thomas. “Thomas, smurf ahead.” He said wisely.

Thomas and his friends are surprised.

“But, Papa Smurf.” Thomas puffed stunningly, “What about your warning of revealing you Smurfs to people.”

“It’s alright, Thomas.” Said Papa, “We Smurfs always smurf that warning all the time anyway.”

“And besides,” Replied Smurfette, “We don’t want to smurf you and your friends being all smurfed up in your sheds for a month.”

“And I HATE smurfing James in his shed for a month!” Scowled Grouchy sadly.

“But we did the right thing anyway, Grouchy.” James puffed honestly, “And it’s for your own good.”

“And I HATE when you smurf that, too!” Added Grouchy.

“Mmmm.” Said Baby Smurf sadly.

“Thomas, please.” Papa replied wisely, “Just smurf ahead, and I’m sure that the Fat Controller will believe and undersmurf you and your friends.”

But Thomas is still wasn’t sure. “Are you really sure about this, Papa Smurf?” He said in concern.

“Absosmurfly sure.” Confirmed Papa. “Right, my little Smurfs?”

“Oh yes, Papa Smurf.” Said the Smurfs truthfully.

“My little Smurfs has smurfin’, Thomas.” Said Papa.

Now after having a long thought, Thomas made up his mind. “Well… alright, if you say so.” He said.

“Uh, well, you better smurf him fast.” Replied Clumsy, “’Cause he’s about to smurf.” And he pointed to the Fat Controller.

The Engines frantically turned, and they could see that indeed the Fat Controller is about to enter his little blue car.

“Thomas, quick, stop him!” Whistled the Engines.

Thomas quickly called to the Fat Controller by blowing his whistle loudly. “[PEEEEEEP!] SIR, WAIT!” He shouted.

The Fat Controller jumped and stopped himself from entering into his car. He then closed the door of his car, and he stepped towards the sheds and stopped. And he now waits on what Thomas is trying to say.

“Alright, sir, you win.” Wheeshed Thomas, “We’ll tell you.”

“Very well.” Said the Fat Controller, “I’ll give you all one last chance.”

“And there’s something that we want to show you too, sir.” The Engines added.

“Is that so.” The Fat Controller boomed sternly.

“And what you’re about to see,” Thomas puffed, “Is something that you never heard of before.”

“I’ll take anything for me to solve this confusion and delay.” Said the Fat Controller.

“Well, alright. Here goes.” Thomas said calmly, and he turned down to his front frame. “Now, appear!” He tooted.

“What is he talking to?” Confused the Fat Controller.

But suddenly, in a flash, the Smurfs revealed themselves right before the Fat Controller’s eyes.

“Hello!” Chimed the Smurfs.

The Fat Controller was deeply surprised and he nearly lost his balance we he saw the Smurfs. “Well I’ll be the Flying Scotsman!” He gasped, “What, or who are they?!”

“They’re Smurfs, sir!” Tooted the Engines happily.

“Smurfs?” Puzzled the Fat Controller, “I’ve never heard of one of those things before, and not even from stories, too.”

“Well, they are magical and mythical creatures, sir.” Thomas tooted.

“And the reason why we haven’t heard stories about them…” Edward puffed.

“…Is because they’re trying to keep their existence from ever happening.” Said Henry.

“But it was too late.” Gordon huffed upsettingly, “No thanks to a very horrid wizard who kept spinning his life of trying to eat them or turning them into gold.”

“Oh, my goodness!” Said the Fat Controller shockingly, “Those poor innocent, little things! And no wonder I never heard stories about them! And I’m very sorry, too!”

“But don’t worry, sir.” Chuckled Thomas, “The Smurfs always outsmart that old slow coach wizard anyway.”

“Oh, well, alright.” The Fat Controller said calmly. “So, are they from around here in the island?” He wondered.

“Actually, they’re not, sir.” James puffed truthfully.

“They’re not?!” Stunned the Fat Controller.

“They’re actually from the 16th century, sir.” Peeped Percy, “In the year, 1505.”

“The 16th century, 1505?!” Gasped the Fat Controller, “But that’s 450 years from the past!”

“Yes, we know.” Giggled Thomas.

“So how do they get here?” The Fat Controller wondered.

“They were time-traveling, sir.” Ranged Toby, “By using these magical rocks called time crystals.”

“Amazing!” Remarked the Fat Controller.

“But even though,” Wheeshed Emily sadly, “While they were time-traveling, they were trying to find their way back home, but they never did, they always fail.”

“Oh, how awful.” Said the Fat Controller feeling sorry.

“And that’s the whole story, sir.” Finished the Engines.

“And we also puff great care of them since they arrived on the island.” Said Thomas happily.

“And indeed we did, sir.” Added the Engines.

“Well,” Replied the Fat Controller, “I’m very pleased that you all had told me the truth, and explained everything to me. And just for that, you all are not to stay in your sheds for a month.” He boomed happily.

“Oh, thank you, sir!” The Engines whistled joyfully.

“Yay!” Cheered the Smurfs, and they are very glad to help their Engine friends from getting them away of being punished, especially Grouchy for James.

“And as for the Smurfs,” The Fat Controller replied, “Your secret is save with me, and my lips are sealed. And I also hoped that you all will indeed find your back home soon.” He said.

“Thank you.” Said the Smurfs.

“And you Engines are indeed really reliable for taking great care of them.” Added the Fat Controller.

“Thank you, sir.” Said the Engines.

“Now, about what had happened today.” The Fat Controller spoke up, “Are the Smurfs really the ones who managed to get James back on the rails?”

“Actually, sir.” James puffed, “It was Papa Smurf who used his magic to rescue me, and he’s a wizard.”

“Really.” Said the Fat Controller, “Which one is Papa Smurf?”

“Right here.” Replied Papa as he raised his hand.

The Fat Controller then walked closer to Thomas and James, and stopped right in front and in between them. Then he lean closer to get a good look at the Smurfs. The Smurfs all smiled grandly. Then the Fat Controller turned to Papa, and he could see that the village leader is also smiling grandly.

Now the Fat Controller turned to James. James was nervous.

But after looking at both the Smurfs and James, the Fat Controller turned to Papa and smiled grandly. “Thank you for rescuing one of my Engines.” He said to the wizard Smurf.

Papa was deeply honored. “It was all my smurfy pleasure, Mr. Fat Controller.” He said as he bowed down.

“Please, call me Sir Topham.” The Fat Controller corrected.

“Oh, well, thank you, Sir Topham.” Said Papa as he corrected himself.

And Thomas, James, and the Smurfs are indeed very pleased for Papa as well.

Now the Fat Controller sternly turned to James, and he was pacing a serious look on his face.

James is now even more nervous. “Oh dear, what’s he gonna say now?” He thought to himself.

But suddenly, the Fat Controller turned his frown upside down and spoke kindly to James. “Alright, James.” He boomed, “Now I see things perfectly clear.”

“About what, sir?” Wondered James.

“I now realized that you’re not the proper Engine to pull slow goods trains.” Said the Fat Controller, “And as of right now, you will no longer do that job.”

James was deeply delighted! “Oh, thank you, sir!” He whistled joyfully, “And it’s about time that you now understand my feelings!”

“Well, don’t get carried away.” Replied the Fat Controller with a chuckle, “And although you are indeed a mixed-traffic Engine, and from now on, you will be pulling fast special trains.”

“Now that indeed I will do.” James puffed positively, “And sir, I promise that I will indeed be a really reliable and useful Engine for doing that job.”

“And I know you will be, too.” Said the Fat Controller happily.

And Grouchy was indeed very happy for James for getting his most hated job replaced by a very perfect one.

“Um, James.” Grouchy spoke up, “What does mixed-traffic mean?”

“It means that an Engine can easily pull coaches or trucks from time to time.” Explained James.

“And I’m also a mixed-traffic Engine.” Said Edward.

“And indeed he is.” Added James, “And he and I make a splendid team.”

And the two very close Engines just smiled grandly.

Grouchy was very impressed, and he knows why Edward and James are very close.

“Hah, they are indeed very close.” Grouchy sighed to himself, “Just like me and Baby Smurf.”

“Oh well, C’est La Vie.” Remarked Painter, “Now, before we go, I want to paint a smurfy masterpizza, with uz Smurfs and zhe Enganez.”

“Even better, how about a photo.” Replied the Fat Controller, “I have my camera in my car.”

“Well, alright.” Painter agreed, “But, I ztill want to paint a portrait.”

“Well stay with Thomas while I take the picture.” Said the Fat Controller, and he went to his car, opened the trunk, and he took out his camera. And he then walked towards to the other side of the sheds and he stopped with a perfectly still position.

The Engines and the Smurfs all smiled grandly for the camera. All the Smurfs are with Thomas, but Grouchy, along with Baby Smurf, wanted to be with James for the photo.

“Perfect!” The Fat Controller hollered, and he then held up his camera and began to take the photo. “Everybody say, PEEEEP!”

“PEEEEP!” Whistled the Engines.

“But to us,” Chimed the Smurfs, “SMURFS!”

“[FLASH!]”

“That was very good!” Shouted the Fat Controller grandly as he put down his camera, and he then walked back towards to the Engines.

“I’ll take the photo to have it developed and it will be put onto a large picture frame.” The Fat Controller confirmed to the Engines, “And it will be hanged right inside the sheds.”

“Thank you, sir.” Said the Engines.

“And here,” Papa spoke up, “Let me smurf some magic on the photo so it can be only for the eyes from the Engines and Sir Topham. Presto Smurfo!” And it’s been done in a flash.

“Amazing!” Remarked the Fat Controller.

“Um, excusez-moi Monsieur Sir Topham.” Painter Replied, “I want to paint my masterpizza s’il vous plait.”

“Of course, hop on to my hand.” The Fat Controller said happily.

Painter jumped onto the palm of the Fat Controller’s hand. And he asked him that he wanted to be in the center of the turntable so the artistic Smurf can get a good position. And in no time, Painter had started painting the portrait of the Engines, his fellow Smurfs, and yes including himself.

And at last in ten minutes flat, Painter was finished. “Voila, my smurfy masterpizza iz fini!” He said.

“Remarkable!” Said the Fat Controller impressively, “And very artistic.”

“Merci, Monsieur Sir Topham.” Said Painter gratefully.

And then the Fat Controller returned Painter to his fellow Smurfs.

“Oh, and Sir Topham.” Brainy spoke up, “Do you have a map of the Island of Sodor? Me, Painter and my fellow Smurfs at our village are gonna smurf a book about the island.”

“Yes, I do.” Replied the Fat Controller, “And good luck on making your book.” And he gave Brainy the map of the Island of Sodor.

“I’ll just get another copy at my office in Knapford.” The Fat Controller thought to himself.

“Smurfy!” Brainy shouted as he turned to Painter, “Now that we have and know everything about the Island of Sodor, I’m sure that our book will be a smurfy success!”

“Oui, succès fou!“ Agreed Painter.

But Painter was confused. He thought that Brainy is going to publish the book. So he asked him. “But Brainy,” He replied, “I thought you’re gonna smurfblish zhe book.”

“Well, I changed my smurf.” Said Brainy truthfully, “And I don’t want to be smurffish. So I decided that you, me, Editor, Reporter, and Poet will be smurfing the book. Together.”

Painter was very pleased.

“Whoa, now that’s very wise of you, Brainy.” Edward puffed impressively, “And I was wrong again, you are indeed a really useful Smurf.”

Brainy beamed proudly. “Thank you, Edward.” He said gratefully.

“But still, he will always be “Oldfangled nonsense Brainy”.” Snickered Thomas.

“THO-MAS!” Shouted Brainy shockingly.

“Just… “smurfing”!” Chuckled Thomas.

And everyone also had to laugh. “[Everyone laughing heavily]”

“Ha, ha, ha! Funny, very funny!” Grumbled Brainy.

“And it sure is!” Laughed Jokey. “HA-HA-HA!”

But this time, Brainy said nothing and he went silent, but with just only three last words. “Bother and smurfs.” He muttered.

And now, after everybody have had their final moments, Papa sadly turned to Thomas. “Thomas, I think it’s time.” He said.

“Yes, Papa Smurf, I know.” Wheeshed Thomas.

“Time for what?” Concerned the Fat Controller.

“Time for the Smurfs to leave, sir.” The Engines wheeshed also.

“Oh, of course.” Said the Fat Controller, and he stepped away from his Engines.

“Well, just be careful when you Smurfs time-travel.” Thomas said faithfully.

“And we’ll have our thoughts and prayers on you too, Smurfs.” Added the Engines.

“Thank you, Engines.” Said the Smurfs gratefully, “And we will be careful, too.”

“Alright, then.” Thomas puffed sadly, “Puff on.”

“Yes, Thomas.” Replied Papa, “Alright, my little Smurfs. To the, uh, uh… what’s that thing in middle again, Thomas?”

“Turntable, Papa Smurf.” Chuckled Thomas.

“Oh, yes.” Giggled Papa, “To the turntable, my little Smurfs. And Handy, Hefty, smurf the crystals over there.”

“Yes, Papa Smurf.” Said Handy and Hefty, and they very carefully carried the aligned time crystals to the turntable.

And the other Smurfs followed along with Papa, of which he has the last crystal with him.

The Engines watched sadly as the Smurfs are all gathered in the middle of the turntable.

Then Papa checked to see if all of his little Smurfs are with him. “Is everysmurf here?” He called.

“Uh, no, Papa Smurf.” Replied Clumsy.

“[SIGH] Who did I smurf this time.” Moaned Papa. “Lazy?”

“I’m right here, Papa Smurf.” Lazy replied, “[YAWN] And still keeping mysmurf awake.”

“Vanity?” Papa called.

“Present.” Said Vanity.

“Then who?” Confused Papa.

“It’s Grouchy, Papa Smurf.” Smurfette replied.

“Well, where is he?” Wondered Papa.

“He’s over there, Papa Smurf.” Said Handy as he pointed.

“Smurfing his final moments with James.” Added Hefty.

“Oh, I see.” Said Papa sadly, and he turned around to look at the two new friends.

James and Grouchy are now feeling very heartsore, and they don’t know what to say to each other. And it’s very painful for the two new friends when they had to go to their own separate ways. And they really hate that too, but it’s for the best.

“Grouchy,” James wheeshed sadly, “I just don’t know what to puff.”

“And I HATE not knowing what to smurf.” Sorrowed Grouchy.

“Well, all I can puff is… I’ll miss you.” Said James.

“And I’ll miss you, too.” Said Grouchy.

“But before you puff away,” Added James, “I want you to have something.”

“What is it?” Wondered Grouchy.

James started to rattle. “[James rattling]” And just then, his cab door opened and out came a small object. And James stopped rattling.

Wild raced towards the object that James got it out from his cab. As the lost-and-found Smurf grabbed it, he then jumped onto James and gave the object to Grouchy. And Wild raced off to rejoin his fellow Smurfs.

Grouchy looked at the object. It’s red, it’s a rectangular shape, it’s the size of an apple, and it has a red chain that was pierced through the edge of it.

Grouchy was puzzled. “What’s this, James?” He asked.

“It’s my old brake block.” Answered James, “It was removed from me after my first major accident, and I kept it as a good luck charm ever since. And I had it painted red, and it has my name and number on it in gold writing.”

Grouchy turned the block around, and indeed he could see James’ name and engine number saying; James the Red Engine #5.

Grouchy was deeply touched. “Thank you, James.” He said gratefully, “And, I also have smurfthing for you, too.”

Grouchy reached into his pocket, and he too took out an object and showed it to James.

James looked closely and clearly at the object. It’s gold, it’s shaped like a heart, it’s the size of a smurfberry, and it has a gold chain that was also pierced through, but in between the two curved edges of the heart.

James was puzzled also. “What’s that, Grouchy?” He asked.

“It’s my heart-of-gold charm.” Answered Grouchy, “It was my smurfday present from Smurfette, and I smurfed it as a good luck charm, too. And it’s from a gold bar, and it also has my name on it in red writing.”

James looked closely and clearly at the charm, and also he could see Grouchy’s name saying; Grouchy Smurf.

James was also deeply touched. “Thank you, Grouchy.” He puffed gratefully, “And I’ll treasure it always.”

“Same thing with me for your charm, too.” Said Grouchy happily.

As the two new friends exchanged their memorable gifts, Papa helped to fix the sizes of the charms.

“Here, Grouchy, James!” Papa called, “I’ll smurf my magic to switch the sizes of your gifts! Alaka-smurf!” And he magically blew the magic powder right towards the gifts.

And in a flash, James’ old brake block is now the size of a smurfberry, and Grouchy’s heart-of-gold charm is now the size of an apple.

Then Grouchy weared James’ old brake block around his neck. But James doesn’t know where to wear Grouchy’s heart-of-gold charm.

But Grouchy had an idea. “I know just the smurfy spot for you to smurf my charm, James!” He shouted.

“Where?” Wondered James.

“On your whistle!” Said Grouchy, and he turned to Thomas, “Smurf it right over there, Thomas!” He called.

“You puff it, Grouchy!” Tooted Thomas.

As Grouchy pushed his now apple size charm off of James, Thomas with much force wheeshed the charm up in midair. And the charm got it perfectly through James’ cab roof-mounted whistle.

James does indeed felt really good of wearing Grouchy’s heart-of-gold charm around his whistle, and he does look really splendid with it too.

“It peeps you well, James.” Edward puffed kindly.

“And you do look splendid with it too.” Said Thomas honestly.

“And I LOVE it like that, too.” Added Grouchy.

“Thank you, Thomas, Edward.” Said James gratefully. “And you too, Grouchy. And you too do look “smurfy” with my charm, too.” He added.

“Thank you, James.” Said Grouchy gratefully also.

“And Grouchy,” James replied, “If you ever find your way back home soon, you should know that the golden chain of friendship will always be coupled and “smurfed” up from my firebox to your heart, and a part of me will always be with you.”

Grouchy was so touched that he nearly cried his eyes out. “And I smurfed the same way about that for you too, James.” He said happily.

And James was so touched that he nearly cried his eyes out also.

“Grouchy!” Papa called, “It’s time for us to smurf!”

“Puff on, Grouchy.” James wheeshed sadly, “They’re waiting for you.”

“Yes, I know.” Said Grouchy sorrowfully, “Well, good-bye, James.”

“Good-bye, Grouchy.” Said James sorrowfully also, “And good luck finding your way back home.”

“I hope so, too.” Finished Grouchy.

And then Grouchy went up to James and he gave him a smurfy-busting hug onto his smoke-box, just like when his fellow Smurfs gave to him on Hug-a-Smurf day, of which he once hates it but now loves it.

And James could feel the power of Grouchy’s love spreading inside his smoke-box and then to his boiler.

After saying their sad good-byes and making their final eye-to-eye contact, Grouchy turned and jumped off of James, and he sadly walked towards the turntable to rejoin his fellow Smurfs.

[Background song #6 plays]

As James sadly watched as Grouchy was walking to the turntable to rejoin his fellow Smurfs, he began to have a trip down to memory lane. He began to daydream from the time when he first met the mixed-emotional Smurf, to the time when they had to go to their own separate ways.

And as Grouchy was still walking, he sadly looked back to James and he too was having the same thing about the #5 engine.

[Song starts]
[Note: The song is remixed so you can imagine Grouchy and James having their long trip down to memory lane.]

[Girl]:
WE’RE SOARING

[Boy]:
FLYING

[Duet]:
THERE’S NOT A STAR IN HEAVEN
THAT WE CAN’T REACH

[Boy]:
IF WE’RE TRYING

[Duet]:
YEAH, WE’RE BREAKING FREE

[Boy]:
WHOA, WE’RE BREAKING FREE
([Girl]: OOO-OOOH)

[Boy]:
YOU KNOW THE WORLD CAN SEE US
IN A WAY THAT’S DIFFERENT THEN WHO WE ARE

[Girl]:
CREATING SPACE BETWEEN US
‘TIL WE’RE SEPARATE HEARTS

[Boy]:
CAN YOU FEEL IT BUILDING
LIKE A WAVE THE OCEAN JUST CAN’T CONTROL

[Girl]:
CONNECTED BY A FEELING
OOOH, IN OUR VERY SOULS([Boy]: VERY SOULS, OO-OH)

[Duet]:
BUT YOUR FAITH, IT GIVES ME STRENGTH
STRENGTH TO BELIEVE…

RISING ‘TIL IT LIFTS US UP
SO EVERYONE CAN SEE…

[Boy]:
WE’RE BREAKING FREE

[Girl]:
WE’RE SOARING

[Boy]:
FLYING

[Duet]:
THAT WE CAN’T REACH

[Boy]:
IF WE’RE TRYING

[Duet]:

[Boy]:
WHOA, WE’RE BREAKING FREE
([Girl]: OOO-OOOH)

[Girl]:
RUNNING

[Boy]:
CLIMBING

TO GET TO THAT PLACE

[Duet]:
TO BE ALL THAT WE CAN BE

[Boy]:
NOW’S THE TIME

[Duet]:
SO WE’RE BREAKING FREE

[Boy]:
WE’RE BREAKING FREE

[Girl]:
OOOH YEAH

[Boy]:
MORE THAN HOPE
MORE THAN FAITH

[Girl]:
THIS IS TRUTH
THIS IS FATE

AND TOGETHER

[Duet]:
WE SEE IT COMING

[Boy]:
MORE THAN YOU
MORE THAN ME

[Girl]:
NOT A WANT, BUT A NEED

[Duet]:
BOTH OF US BREAKING FREE

[Music continues]

At last, as Grouchy rejoined his fellow Smurfs, the little blue time-travelers are now all set for their departure.

“Alright, my little Smurfs!” Papa shouted as he holds the last time crystal, “This is it, and this time, we’ll be smurftainly be smurfing back home!”

“And let’s keep our fingers smurfed!” Said Grandpa.

And the Smurfs did indeed had their fingers crossed.

“And look everysmurf!” Clumsy hollered, “I’m smurfing this rock from the Island of Sodor to smurf it in my rock collection!”

“Very smurfy, Clumsy.” Said Brainy, “Now please, keep your fingers smurfed.”

“And I’ll carve zhe rock with zhe Island of Sodor name when we get back home.” Added Painter.

“Thanks, Painter.” Said Clumsy.

“And Grouchy,” Smurfette said to the former negative Smurf, “That was very smurfy of you to smurf James your charm. And indeed it was from me, but I wouldn’t mind about that at all.”

“And you do indeed look smurfy with James’ charm.” Vanity added, “Here, smurf for yoursmurf.” And he showed Grouchy with it in his hand mirror.

As Grouchy looked at his reflection, he has to admit that he does indeed felt really good of wearing James’ old brake block around his neck, and he does look really smurfy with it also.

“Thanks, Vanity.” Said Grouchy happily. “And you too, Smurfette.”

“Ok!” Shouted Papa, “Here we smurf!”

As Papa lowered down the last time crystal, and in a flash, the rainbow time twister appeared right before the Engines and the Fat Controller’s eyes.

The Engines and the Fat Controller are surprised and amazed, and they watched as the multi-colored whirlwind carried the Smurfs in it and began to ascend up in the air.

“[Engines whistling farewell] GOOD-BYE, SMURFS!” The Engines whistled as they blow their whistles, “AND GOOD LUCK FINDING YOUR WAY BACK HOME!”

“GOOD-BYE, ENGINES!” The Smurfs hollered.

“AND THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!” Added Papa.

“AND WE’LL NEVER SMURFGET YOU!” Put in the Smurfs.

“AND WE’LL NEVER FORGET YOU, TOO!” Tooted the Engines.

“This is so unbelievable!” Said the Fat Controller softly to himself.

So the Engines once again watched as the rainbow time twister, with the Smurfs in it, gets up higher and higher into the air.

[Song continues]

[Girl]:
SOARING

[Boy]:
FLYING

[Duet]:
THAT WE CAN’T REACH

IF WE’RE TRYING

[Boy]:

[Girl]:
BREAKING FREE

WE’RE RUNNING

[Boy]:
OOH, CLIMBING

[Duet]:
TO GET TO THAT PLACE
TO BE ALL THAT WE CAN BE

NOW’S THE TIME

[Boy]:
NOW’S THE TIME

[Girl]:
SO WE’RE BREAKING FREE

[Boy]:
OHH, BREAKING FREE

[Girl]:
OHH

[Music continues]

Just then, James shouted to Grouchy. “GROUCHY!” He whistled to his new friend.

Grouchy looked down to hear on what James is trying to say.

“I HATE TO FORGET YOU!” Tooted James.

Grouchy was sincerely touched, and he let out a sad sniffle and a tear coming out of his eye. “[SNIFFLE] AND I HATE TO SMURFGET YOU TOO, JAMES!” He hollered.

“I LOVE YOU!” Whistled James.

“I LOVE YOU TOO!” Hollered Grouchy.

“AND I’LL MISS YOU!” Added James.

“AND I’LL MISS YOU TOO!” Added Grouchy also.

“CHEERIO, GROUCHY!” Tooted James.

“SMURFIO, JAMES!” Shouted Grouchy.

“[PEEP! PEEP! PEEP!] PEEP! PEEP! PEEP!” Whistled James.

“PEEP-PEEP-PEEP!” Hollered Grouchy.

“PEEP-PEEP-PEEP!” Cried Baby Smurf.

Then suddenly, with a flash of light, the rainbow time twister disappeared into the sky, taking the Smurfs with it as they began yet another journey of trying to find their way back home.

[Song continues]

[Duet]:
YOU KNOW THE WORLD CAN SEE US
IN A WAY THAT’S DIFFERENT THEN WHO WE ARE

[Music and song stops]

As the Engines watched the Smurfs disappeared into the sky inside the rainbow time twister, they are now in a very sad moment.

“Well, there they puff.” Sighed Thomas sadly.

“Off yet to a another journey.” Edward puffed in grief.

“Of trying to find their way back home.” Wheeshed Henry sorrowfully.

“And let’s all hope that they will.” Said Gordon faithfully.

“And our thoughts and prayers will be for them, too.” Peeped Percy in misery.

“And we hope that they will succeed.” Toby steamed depressingly.

“And we wish that we don’t want them to appear at another time period.” Said Emily hopefully.

And they all let out their sighs of sorrow. “[Engines sighing in sorrow]”

The Fat Controller looked at his Engines, and he could see that they are indeed having their sad moments and they will indeed miss the Smurfs very much. So he turned and walked towards to his little blue car, opened the door, and he got in.

Then the Fat Controller looked out of the window, and he looked at his Engines once more. “Sleep well, my really useful Engines.” He said to himself, “Especially you, James.” And he drove away. “[Sound of a car leaving]”

“Good-bye, Grouchy.” James wheeshed sadly, “I’ll indeed miss you, and I’ll always remember you.” And he rolled his eyes downward with a sad sniffle and a tear coming out of his eye. “[SNIFFLE]”

Thomas turned to James, and he could see that the #5 engine will indeed miss Grouchy very much. So he decided to cheer him up and he spoke kindly to him.

“James,” Thomas puffed, “Are you gonna be alright?”

James turned to Thomas, and he could see that the #1 engine is indeed trying to cheer him up by smiling his cheerful smile. So James did smiled, but just a small grin.

“[SNIFFLE] Yes, Thomas.” Said James feeling better, “I’ll be alright.”

“And Thomas?” James added.

“Yes, James?” Replied Thomas.

“I really hope that Grouchy and the other Smurfs will indeed find their way back home soon.” James said faithfully.

“Me too, James.” Said Thomas happily. “Me, too.”

“And so do all of us, also!” The Engines tooted cheerfully.

This made James very happy, and he smiled his biggest and shinest smile. And he was very glad to have such good friends to be there to cheer him up.

[Ending story music plays]

As the sun finally disappeared into the horizon, and the sky begins to darken, everything around the Island of Sodor went silent after yet another hard day’s work. And it’s been such a busy day to keep the island a wonderful place to live, or to visit.

And yes, Thomas, and his friends, Edward, Henry, Gordon, James, Percy, Toby, and Emily, looked up to the sky for one last time, where the Smurfs had taken off inside the rainbow time twister, hoping that they will indeed find their way back home. And they also hoped, especially James, that if the Smurfs do indeed find their way back home, maybe they will indeed find a way to return to the Island of Sodor someday. But that my friends, is another story… eventually.

[James]: “Um, everyone?”

[Music stops]

[Engines]: “Yes, James?”

[James]: “Grouchy said that I should get my wheels painted to match my red coat, so I can be twice as splendid! What you all think of that?”

[Engines]: [Moaning] “Ohhh, James!”

[James]: [Grumbling] “What?! It’s just a simple question! OH, BOTHER!”

THE END

[Music replays]

I’LL ALWAYS REMEMBER…

[Ending story song]
[Mandy Moore - Cry]
(If you would like to hear this song/watch this music video, go to Youtube.com, n type it in.)

Fun Facts: From Thomas and Friends.
The Flying Scotsman is a famous steam locomotive from England, and it made the land speed record for railed vehicles with a cruising speed of 100 mph in 1934.

From The Smurfs.
Grouchy’s memory of Hug-a-Smurf day and his smurfday, can be traced back from the Season 3 ep.: A Hug For Grouchy, and the Season 4 ep.: The Secret Of Shadow Swamp.(And you can see these episodes on AOL’s video search panel, under the Mofile channel or on any other video websites)

Quiz: Background song #6, which movie is Troy Bolton(Zac Efron) and Gabriella Montez(Vanessa Anne Hudgens) singing Breaking Free from, the first one, the second one, or the third one? And this is the final quiz!

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-26-2008 12:05 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Great job, Amtrak! What a suspense in the moment the Fat Controller demanded the Engines to explain all the amazing things he had been told about, and the farewell between Grouchy and James was such an emotional one (SNIFF)!
Ahh, Brainy and Jokey... Sometimes they can be two wet blankets, these guys! But I liked to see how generous Brainy showed to be, sharing with other Smurfs the pleasure of having the book of Island of Sodor published.
As it's usually said in Brazil, your story "was closed with a golden key", otherwise, got its crowning touch! [Big Grin]
Do you intend to write more adventures of Smurfs interacting with other stories' characters? I hope so! [Happy Smurf]

--------------------

Archive Smurf
Baraduke Brainy / De-Evolution Smurf / Space Harrier Brainy / Oingo Boingo Smurf / ToonerSmurf Inc. / Smurfus Norsmurficus / Archive Smurf
Member # 2350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-26-2008 01:15 PM      Profile for Archive Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Good Story!

I think you should do the Smurfs meet Mario next.

Kojinka Sketchette
Smurf
Member # 2365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-26-2008 07:34 PM      Profile for Kojinka Sketchette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
That was a great story, Amtrak!

As a Mario fan and a Smurfs fan, I'd say you have an interesting idea, SHB. Speaking of which, I can't believe I still haven't drawn Mario and Luigi as Smurfs yet!

--------------------
The village nutcase.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.