Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie                     Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » "The Smurfs Meets Thomas & Friends", A fictional story from my dreams. (Page 5)
Author Topic: "The Smurfs Meets Thomas & Friends", A fictional story from my dreams.
Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-01-2008 12:17 AM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Glad u like, Thanks. And no, it's okay, I accept no revisions. [Wink]

--------------------
The destination of this train is: Smurf Village

Posts: 600 | From: Milton, MA/Chile | Registered: Apr 2007
Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-03-2008 08:13 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Ch. 7. is coming up, and you all are in for a real treat. And I'll say this once... DON'T BE LATE!!!

Smurfy1For2, I'm afraid your time is up. So you have alot of make-up work to do. [Frown]

--------------------

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-04-2008 11:10 AM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 7: New Smurfy Day On Sodor (And The Story/Life of James)

Bonus: Two Season 1 episode clips and Season 6 music video/song of Thomas & Friends.

Well, let’s just say that last time, things went from fine and pleasant, to awful and unpleasant. First, the fine part. Thomas and the Smurfs have finally arrived at Tidmouth Sheds, where Thomas’ friends are waiting anxiously for him. Next, the Engines met the Smurfs, and at first they though Thomas brought home “Rats”, but the #1 engine correctly told them that he didn’t. And then, The Engines found out the explanations and mysteries about the Smurfs. Now, here’s the awful part. While Painter and Vanity are talking to James about his splendid red coat and his vanity, Grouchy unexpectedly blurt out a negative remark to him, and made James feel crushed, hurt, and also very cross. So James got back at Grouchy by wheeshing a big cloud of steam at him, and the two got into an argument without getting to know each other. When nighttime came, Grouchy and James couldn’t get themselves to sleep because they are still thinking about each other and want one of them to apologize, but they refuse to. But finally the two fell asleep, and they are now in a miserable situation. Now the question that you readers are wondering is: Will Grouchy and James settle their feelings and become friends? But like I said, when the right time comes, they will do it, hopefully and soon. But for now, let’s continue on with the story. [Note: I’m changing the Thomas & Friends basing from Season 10 to 11.]

It’s beautiful and crystal clear day on the Island of Sodor. And it’s also a very busy one too, and everything is running like clockwork.(Not to be confuse with Clockwork Smurf, Handy’s wooden robot) But the busiest part that Sodor gets mostly, is visitors coming far and wide to visit the island. Now, everything is on a tight schedule, and some of the other Engines are working hard to keep the island moving.

At Tidmouth Sheds, Thomas and his friends(expect James) are wide awake and getting ready to start the busiest day. Their fireboxes have been filled up with coal, their fires are burning nicely, and the water inside their boilers are bubbling smoothly.

And I’m sorry to say, but the Smurfs are still sleeping, and they are indeed very tired after all that time-traveling.

As the Engines are waiting for their job assignments, Thomas is teaching his friends the smurf language, and they’re getting good at it like him.

“Boy, it’s such a “smurfy” morning!” Percy peeped.

“It’s “smurftainly” is, Percy!” Whistled Henry.

“And I can’t wait to “smurf” along rails!” Tooted Emily.

“And it sure is “smurfy” to be an Engine!” Gordon boomed.

“You can “smurf” that again, Gordon!” Edward puffed.

And everyone had to laugh. “[Engines laughing]”

“Well done.” Said Thomas grandly, “Now you all know how to “smurf” the smurf language.”

“Thank you for teaching us, Thomas.” Said Emily sweetly.

“It was easy, fun, and “smurfy”!” Added Percy.

“And it’s a shame.” Edward replied, “We want the Smurfs to teach us their smurf language.”

“But they’re still sleeping.” Chuckle Thomas, “And I told you that they’re tired after all that time-traveling.”

“Gee, I wonder what its like to time-travel.” Percy sighed.

“Yes, that would be an adventure now would it.” Agreed Henry.

“But it must be depressing and frustrating for the Smurfs.” Wheeshed Emily, “They really want to go back home, at their own time period.”

“The 16th century to be exact.” Added Edward.

“I’m in disgrace.” Said Gordon. “For the Smurfs that is.”

“Don’t despair my friends.” Said Thomas cheerfully, “I’m sure the Smurfs will find their home, hopefully and soon.”

“But for now,” Reply Edward, “Let’s make them feel welcomed, at our own time period.”

And the Engines happily agreed.

Just then, the Engines heard a noise that they’ve been expecting.

“[Smurfs yawning]” At last, the Smurfs are waking up(except Grouchy). One by one, they got up, stretch their arms and legs, and they all let out big yawns. “[Smurfs yawning one by one]” And even sleepy Lazy is fully wide awake. “[Lazy yawning]”

The Engines greeted them warmly. “Good morning, Smurfs.” They whistled.

“Good morning, Engines.” Said the Smurfs.

“Did you Smurfs sleep well?” Ask Percy.

“Oh, yes.” Answer Vanity. “And still looking smurfy.”

“No nightmares?” Wonder Edward.

“Not a smurf.” Said Lazy happily.

“Well, we’re glad to hear that.” Said Thomas.

Just then, everybody heard four familiar dings. “[DING-DING! DING-DING!]”

Toby arrived, and he came back just like he promised.

“Good morning, everybody.” Rang Toby.

“Good morning, Toby.” The Engines whistled.

“Good morning, Toby.” Said the Smurfs.

“And I told you Smurfs that I be back first thing.” Said Toby honestly.

“And indeed you did.” Said Handy.

Toby just smile.

“Oh, Toby.” Said Emily, “You just missed Thomas teaching us the Smurf’s language.”

“Oh, bother.” Wheesh Toby.

“Don’t worry, Toby.” Chuckle Handy.

“We’ll smurf you right now.” Said Clumsy cheerfully.

Toby was delighted. And after 15 minutes, the #7 engine is getting good at it too.

“Thank you for teaching me, Smurfs.” Said Toby thankfully, “It was easy, fun, and as you say, “smurfy”.”

“You’re welcome, Toby.” Said the Smurfs.

“Now we Engines fully learned the smurf language.” Said Thomas grandly.

“Well. All except, James.” Said Emily sadly.

“[SIGH] Poor James.” Wheesh Thomas.

And the Smurfs felt sorry for James too. And they’re still depressed for Grouchy also.

Suddenly, a memory had flown through Handy’s head and began to speak.

“Oh, Engines.” Handy replied, “I already smurf Thomas on this, but back at home, I have an invention that looks just like you all.”

“Really?” Said the Engines, “What is it?”

“It’s called it; the railsmurfer.” Said Handy.

“The railsmurfer?” The Engines chuckled.

“That’s a funny way to call it.” Percy giggled.

“But it’s their own smurfy way of calling it.” Said Thomas clearly.

“Yes, we know.” The Engines agreed.

Just then, everyone heard a noise.

“[YAWN]” It was James. He finally woke up and slowly puffed himself out of his shed. But his eyes are half open, and he looks cranky and cross. And he let out the biggest yawn than ever. “[BIG YAWN]”

“Well, well, well.” Chuckle Gordon.

“Look who’s the last Engine to wake up.” Henry teased.

“DON’T START HUFFING AND PUFFING AT ME!” James roared, “I couldn’t get myself to sleep, and I didn’t get a good one, too!”

“And it’s all because of what Grouchy had said to you last night.” Said Emily knowingly.

“Lucky guess.” Sniff James.

“Oh, James.” Percy peeped, “Handy just told us that he has an invention that looks like us.”

“He calls it, “the railsmurfer”.” Added Toby.

“Oh, woo-hoo.” Said James uncaringly, “A smurf version of a steam engine, great.”

“But it’s true.” Said Percy honestly.

“I’m just not in the mood today, Percy, alright?” James replied, “So just leave me alone.”

But Edward though of something to make James happy. “Well, you sure do look splendid today.” He said kindly.

“No I’m not.” James moaned, “And I don’t think I’ll ever be.”

“Whoa, this is new.” Stun Gordon.

“Yes.” Murmured Henry, “I think James has lost his vanity.”

“Ooh, this is getting good.” Said Gordon cheekily, and he and Henry began to snicker. “[Henry and Gordon snickering]”

But the other Engines just sigh. “[SIGH]”

Just then, everyone heard another noise.

“[YAWN]” It was Grouchy. He also finally woke up and slowly got himself out of the blanket. And like James, his eyes are half open, and he looks bad-tempered and furious. And he also let out the biggest yawn than ever. “[BIG YAWN]”

“Well, well, well.” Chuckle Brainy.

“[Jokey giggling] Look who’s the last Smurf to smurf up.” Jokey teased.

“I HATE BEING THE LAST SMURF TO SMURF UP!” Grouchy yelled, “AND DON’T START SMURFING AT ME! I couldn’t get mysmurf to sleep, and I didn’t get a smurfy one, too!”

“And it’s all because of what James had smurf to you last night.” Said Smurfette knowingly.

“And I HATE lucky guesses, too!” Grumble Grouchy.

“Whoa, that was weird.” Dazed Percy.

“Oui, déjà vu.” Said Painter. “They smurf zhe zame thing one by one.”

James and Grouchy just scoffed, without looking at each other. “[BOTH SCOFF]” And Grouchy walked towards Thomas’ dome to get away from James.
“[SIGH] Oh dear.” Sighed Thomas.

“This is going to smurf a very long day for those two to smurf up.” Said Papa, and he too let out sigh. “[SIGH]”

The Engines and the Smurfs also let out some sighs. “[All sighs]”

Now that all the Smurfs are fully awake, they manage to put the blanket back inside Thomas’ cab.

“So Papa Smurf,” Thomas said to the village leader, “How soon are you and your Smurfs will be preparing to leave?”

“Some how, tonight.” Said Papa, “We need some time to prepare oursmurfs.”

“Well, then.” Thomas puffed, “You all are in for a real surprise.”

“Ooh, I love surprises. [Jokey chuckling]” Jokey chuckled, “What it is?”

“Today,” Said Gordon, “You Smurfs are going to watch us Engines working around the island.”

“What? You’re your joking, right?” Said Jokey puzzlingly.

“No, we‘re not.” Thomas said honestly. “That’s the surprise.”

“Work? Ohhh.” Moaned Snappy.

“Well, I think it’s a smurfy idea.” Said Papa positively. “And in case you don’t know, Thomas. We Smurfs do too smurf around our village.”

“Whoa, talk about having things in common.” Thomas chuckled. “And you Smurfs like to keep each other busy, don’t you?”

“Yes, that too.” Papa giggled. “Don’t we my little Smurfs?”

“Yes, Papa Smurf.” The Smurfs agreed.

“Well, we Engines do, too.” Said Thomas. “Don’t we my friends?”

“Of course, Thomas.” The Engines agreed.

“[SIGH] Alright.” Snappy groaned, “Let’s smurf on with it.”

“Well not just yet, Snappy.” Chuckled Edward.

“We have to get our job assignments first.” Added Toby.

“From who?” Asked Handy.

“From our railway controller.” Answered Percy.

“Uh, controller?” Confuse Clumsy.

“Clumsy, Clumsy, Clumsy.” Moan Brainy, “It means someone who’s in charge.”

“Oh. Sorry.” Said Clumsy, “Guess I smurfgot, A-huck. ‘Cause the only words I smurf is “boss“ and “leader”.”

“Well anyway, is your controller bossy?” Brainy asked.

“And pushy?” Snappy added.

“No, not at all.” Said Thomas truthfully.

“He’s a very gentle and kind person.” Emily answered.

“But he does get cross whenever we cause confusion and delay.” Explained Henry.

“Does it happen to you, Smurfs?” Gordon asked.

“Yes, all the time.” Said Papa, “But, we Smurfs always manage to smurf the problem. Right my little Smurfs?”

The Smurfs agreed and nodded their heads.

“Well, we Engines do that, too. Right, my friends.” Thomas puffed.

The Engines agreed and spin their eyes around.

“Also,” Edward replied, “Whenever we Engines do a job well done, our controller tells us that we’re really useful Engines.”

“Are your Smurfs really useful, Papa Smurf?” Asked Henry.

“Well, some are.” Said Papa, “But my little Smurfs are really useful from my smurfy heart.”

“Well next time,” Percy whistled, “You should tell your Smurfs that they’re really useful Smurfs.”

“Thanks, Percy.” Papa said thankfully, “I should smurf that for now on.”

“I’m not useful.” Lazy groaned, “I always smurf up sleeping.”

“And I always trip.” Said Clumsy shamefully.

“But the most important thing of all,” Thomas puffed, “Is that you Smurfs will try harder and do your best.”

“Thomas is right, you two.” Said Papa, “And that is the most important quote of all time.”

“And I think so, too.” Agreed Brainy.

Clumsy and Lazy smiled and felt very pleased.

Just then, The Engines and the Smurfs heard a noise. “[Sound of a car approaching]” There, they can see a little blue car rolling towards the sheds. Then it came to a complete stop. “[Car stops]”

“Hey, look!” Handy pointed, “Another contraption that looks just like one of my inventions; the smurfmobile.”

“But in this time period.” Thomas puffed, “It’s called a motor coach.”

“An automobile.” Edward added.

“Or in other words, a car.” Put in Gordon.

“Ooh.” Said the Smurfs.

And this time, Grouchy said nothing.

Suddenly, the door from the little blue car opened, and out came a short person. He was wearing a pair of gray trousers, a dress shirt, a black coat, and a black top hat. And indeed, that short person is Sir Topham Hatt, also known as, the Fat Controller.

The Smurfs are amazed. “Ooh.” They said.

“Is he your controller?” Asked Brainy.

“He sure is.” Answered Thomas.

“Uh, what’s his name?” Clumsy asked.

“His name is Sir Topham Hatt.” Edward Answered.

“But everyone calls him, the Fat Controller.” Added Henry.

“No wonder. [Jokey giggling]” Giggle Jokey, “He is fat.”

“He’s not that fat, Jokey.” Corrected Gordon.

“He’s just stout.” Said Percy.

“And sometimes.” Reply Toby, “Everyone calls him, the stout gentleman.”

“But,” Emily puffed, “We Engines only address to him as, “sir”.”

“Oh, really.” Said Brainy as he has a sneaky look on his face. “Maybe…”

“DON’T EVEN SMURF ABOUT IT, BRAINY!” The Smurfs hissed.

Brainy sheepishly giggled, “Hehehe, well, I still think…”

“NO IT’S NOT!” Said the Smurfs, already knowing what Brainy is going to say.

“Oh, smurfs.” Groaned Brainy.

The Engines couldn’t help but laugh. “[Engines laughing]”

Just then, the Fat Controller began to walk towards the Engines.

“Shh. Here he comes.” Reply Thomas to his friends.

“Uh oh!” Gasp Percy, “We can’t let him see the Smurfs!”

“Don’t worry, Percy.” Papa replied, “Last night, while everybody is asleep, I smurf my magic sack to smurf us Smurfs invisible to people.”

“Magic?!” Gasp the Engines.

“You didn’t us that you Smurfs are also magical creatures!” Thomas puff stunningly.

“Well, now you all know.” Papa chuckled. “And I’m not only the leader of the Smurfs, I’m also… a wizard.”

“Whoo.” Amazed the Engines.

“Hmph.” Said James.

“But, Papa Smurf.” Said Brainy, “I though you only need it in case of a real emergency.”

“I know what I smurf, Brainy.” Reply Papa, “But this is more like “Smurfs undercover".”

“Oh.” Said Brainy understandingly, “Well, I think it’s smurfy with me.”

“And us, too.” Said the Smurfs.

“Alright, then.” Thomas puffed, “Here comes our job assignments.”

The Fat Controller stopped and greeted his Engines. “Good morning.” He boomed.

“Good morning, sir.” Said the Engines.

But James just moan. “[James moaning] Mmm.”

“Today is another busy day.” Said the Fat Controller, “And I expect you all to do a well done job.”

“Oh, we will, sir.” Said the Engines.

“Good.” The Fat Controller settled, “Now, here are your job assignments for today.”

“Gordon,” Reply the Fat Controller, “Your job as usual, is pulling the express.”

“Yes, sir.” Gordon puffed grandly. Pulling the express is Gordon’s all time favorite job. It makes him feel important.

“Henry,” The Fat Controller continued, “You will be taking logs from the forest and take them to the lumber mill.”

“Right away, sir.” Whistled Henry. Henry likes doing that job, he gets to go to his all time favorite place, the Sodor Forest.

“Percy, you will be pulling the post train.” Said the Fat Controller.

“Oh, thank you, sir.” Peeped Percy. Pulling the post train is Percy’s all time favorite job.

“Thomas,” Continued the Fat Controller, “You and Emily will be taking visitors from Knapford Station and give them a tour around the island.”

“Yes, sir.” Thomas puffed.

“Right away, sir.” Said Emily.

Thomas and Emily loves giving tours to the visitors, it makes them feel special.

“Toby, you will be taking fruits and vegetables from Farmer McColl’s and take them to the market.” The Fat Controller replied.

“Yes, sir.” Rang Toby. Toby likes that job, and Farmer McColl’s farm is his all time favorite place.

“Edward,” The Fat Controller boomed, “As usual, your job is shunting trucks at Wellsworth Station.”

“Right away, sir.” Tooted Edward. Edward loves doing that job, it’s his favorite. And he’s also stationed there as a bank engine in case anyone needs pushing up to Gordon’s hill.

“And James,” Reply the Fat Controller.

“Yes?” Said James, he was hoping for a really important job.

“Your job will be pulling a slow goods train.” Said the Fat Controller. “It‘s at Brendam Docks.”

“A SLOW GOODS?!” James shouted, “BOTHER!” He was outraged. The job of pulling a slow goods train is not his favorite at all, he hates it. And it’s not really important to him.

Now James has to think of way to avoid it. But, he chose the wrong one.

“No thank you, sir!” James said negatively, “Get some other Engine to do that dirty work, ‘cause I refuse!”

The Fat Controller was cross. He doesn’t like having his Engines not following orders.

So the Fat Controller spoke severly to James. “You will do as you were told, or else!” He boomed crossly.

“[MOAN] Yes, sir.” Said James moaningly, and he knows what the “or else!” part is.

“Now, that will be all for today.” Said the Fat Controller, “ And I’ll see you all tonight. Till then, good day.”

“Cheerio, sir.” The Engines whistled.

But James said nothing.

The Engines and the Smurfs watched as the Fat Controller got in his little blue car, and drove away. “[Sound of a car leaving]”

Suddenly, after the Fat Controller left, James burst out his rage of anger!

“OOOOOH, I HATE PULLING SLOW GOODS TRAINS!” Shouted James, “I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!”

That made the Engines and the Smurfs jump.

“Huh?” Said Grouchy surprisingly.

James’ rage of anger had caught Grouchy’s attention, and he’s starting to feel concern. So slowly, he poke himself from Thomas’ dome, and began to listen to the commotion. But, he’s keeping himself well out-of-motion so his fellow Smurfs won’t sense him.

James angrily hiss steam and blew his whistle loudly. “[Steam hissing] [PEEP! PEEP! PEEP!]”

Baby Smurf was startled and began to cry. “WAH! WAH! WAH!” He weeped.

“Oh dear!” Said Smurfette upsettingly.

“Oh, don’t cry Baby Smurf.” Wheesh Emily.

Percy had an idea. “Yoo-hoo! Baby Smurf.” He called to the smallest Smurf, “Look at me. I’m making silly faces.”

Baby Smurf watched as Percy cheered him up by making silly faces.

Percy crossed his eyes. Then he spun them around and blew his whistle. “[PEEP! PEEP! PEEP!]”

At last, Baby Smurf felt better and thinks that Percy is really funny indeed. “[Baby Smurf clapping and giggling]”

“There, that’s better.” Said Percy happily.

“Oh, thank you, Percy.” Said Smurfette thankfully, “That was really thoughtful of you.”

“You’re welcome.” Said Percy.

Smurfette glared furiously at James. “Now that’s just unsmurfy!” She snarled.

But James didn’t care and he kept on raging his anger.

Just then, the Engines found that James’ raging anger is funny and they began to tease him. But Thomas and Edward actually felt sorry for James.

“I think the reason why the Fat Controller has givin’ you that job,” Gordon chuckled, “Is because he knows that it’s your favorite.”

“RUBBISH!” Shouted James.

“I think you Smurfs have to excuse James.” Said Henry, “He’s having his loose tempers that puffs him up all the time.”

“I DO NOT LOOSE MY TEMPER ALL THE TIME!” Roared James.

“[Singing] Yes you do-ooh.” Giggled Percy, “And your still doing it.”

“PAH!” Said James.

“Temper, temper.” Laugh Emily.

“Don’t blow your dome off.” Chuckle Toby.

“CUT IT OUT!” Yelled James.

Good thing that Thomas and Edward didn’t join in. They are very wise, and they’re still felt sorry for James. And they really know how the #5 engine feels.

But to the Smurfs, they don’t understand the teasing ways from the Engines.

“Do you smurf any of this?” Whisper Hefty to Jokey.

“Not a smurf.” Replied Jokey.

“But it’s best that you Smurfs don’t.” Murmured Thomas quietly, “This is really a bad situation right now.”

“Thomas is right, my little Smurfs.” Papa agreed, “So don’t smurf into any conclusions.”

“Alright, Papa Smurf.” Said the Smurfs. They really don’t want to join in anyway.

But, Grouchy is still listening, and still keeping himself quiet.

Just then, the Engines kept on teasing James.

“You should get chuffin’, James.” Gordon laughed, “I think I can hear the trucks calling you.”

“Yes.” Henry giggled, “They’re saying, “James, where are you? Your favorite job is ready to go!”.”

“”We want our favorite Engine to pull us!” They will say.” Chuckled Percy.

“”We want to go! We want to go!” They’ll also say.” Tease Emily and Toby.

James’ face went redder than the stop signal and have had enough. He doesn’t want to hear more of his friends teasing him.

So James said one last thing and shouted. “DIRTY TRUCKS FROM DIRTY SIDINGS! LACGH!!” And with an angry hiss of steam, James fumed away. And he made two loud noises as he crosses the turntable. “[BANG! BANG!]”

“WHOA!” Cried the Engines and the Smurfs, and it made them jump.

“WAH! WAH! WAH!” Wailed Baby Smurf, which the loud noises startled him.

“There, there, Baby Smurf.” Said Smurfette as she tries to cheer the infant Smurfling up.

But Emily had an idea. “Here, Baby Smurf.” She puffed, “Listen to the smoothing sounds of my whistle.” And she give Baby Smurf three long smoothing toots. “[PEEEEP… PEEEEP… PEEEEP!]”

And again, Baby Smurf felt better after hearing the smoothing sound of Emily‘s whistle. “[Baby Smurf cooing happily]”

“Oh, thank you, Emily.” Said Smurfette grandly, “That was yet again really thoughful of you.”

“It was nothing.” Said Emily.

Smurfette again glared furious at the distance where James had puffed away. “Now that’s just extremely usmurfy!” She hissed.

“Whoa, I’ve had never smurf anyone with such much anger before.” Said Hefty amazingly.

“Yes. Not even from Grouchy.” Added Brainy.

Grouchy resended Brainy’s comment, but he has to admit, he had never seen anyone who has such anger before than him. Now he’s starting to have feelings for James. But, he still needs more information on the mid-size red tender engine. So he kept on listening and stayed out-of-motion.

“Gee, Thomas.” Said Vanity to the #1 engine, “What has smurfin’ into James?”

“Ohh, it’s the job that the Fat Controller has givin’ him.” Thomas sighed.

“And what’s that job again?” Wondered Handy.

“It was… a slow goods train.” Said Thomas.

“Well, what’s a slow goods train?” Asked Greedy.

“A slow goods is a long and usually heavy train that stops at every station to pick up and set down trucks.” Thomas answered.

“And what’s a station?” Sassette asked.

“A stopping place for trains or other land conveyances,” Answered Thomas, “For the transfer of goods and passengers.”

“Oh.” Said the Smurfs understandingly.

“And we Smurfs know what a passenger is,” Brainy said knowingly, “It’s a person traveling in a moving contraption, or other conveyances, right?”

“That’s right.” Thomas tooted, “You sure are very clever and smart, Brainy.”

“That’s my name and what I smurf.” Said Brainy poundly.

“Ohhh.” Moan the Smurfs.

Papa and Grandpa couldn’t help but giggle. “[Elders giggling]”

Suddenly, Handy remembered something that he told Thomas before.

“Thomas?” Asked Handy.

“Yes, Handy?” Thomas answered.

“Yesterday, I know you didn’t feel like smurfing my question.” Said Handy doubtfully, “But, are you in the mood to explain what trucks are to us?”

“Well, I guess it’s the right time to explain it.” Thomas said depressingly. “And trust me, your not gonna like it.”

“Why?” Said Handy puzzlingly, “Is it bad?”

“Yes.” Thomas began, “Well first of all, trucks are rolling stock like coaches.”

“But they don’t carry passengers.” Gordon puffed.

“They carry and transport goods and stuff.” Added Henry.

“So, what’s bad about trucks?” Handy wondered.

“Well,” Wheeshed Thomas, “This one is something that you Smurfs are not gonna like.”

“You see,” Thomas began again, “Trucks are silly and noisy.”

“They talk a lot and don’t attend to what they are doing.” Gordon fumed.

“And, we’re sorry to say,” Henry huffed upsettingly, “They play tricks on an Engine who is not used to them.”

“Were their tricks funny?” Jokey giggled.

“No, Jokey, their tricks are not funny!” Said Emily severely.

“They are in fact, troublesome!” Hiss Toby.

“And that is why we Engines call them, “troublesome trucks”!” Said Edward crossly.

“Gee, kinda like Jokey’s same old troublesome trick.” Brainy said annoyingly as he turn to Jokey.

“There’s nothing troublesome about it!” Jokey exploded, “It’s still my best trick, and I’ll never gonna stop or smurf tired of it!”

“We’ll smurf about that.” Sniff Brainy quietly. “Once we get home that is.”

“So,” Hefty replied, “What kind of troublesome tricks that the trucks smurf to you Engines?”

“Oooh, dreadful ones.” Shivered Percy.

“Which are, collisions.” Hiss Gordon.

“Derailments.” Put in Emily.

“And runaways.” Finised Henry.

The Smurfs were shocked!

“Ohh! Those are dreadful!” Cried Smurfette.

“And you Engines are right!” Jokey squealed, “Those tricks are not funny, not funny at all!”

“Ooh.” Shiver Handy, “Now I’m getting the unsmurfy shivers.”

“Now you Smurfs see why I didn’t tell you that yesterday.” Said Thomas upsettingly.

“Yes.” Papa agreed, “And we undersmurf now.”

“Now, there’s one thing we need to smurf.” Brainy replied.

“What smurf James into hating smurfing that job that he doesn’t like?” Said Vanity.

“Well,” Thomas puffed, “A long time ago, James had not one, but two accidents that involves the job that he truly hates. And he has been ever since.”

“Whoa.” Said the Smurfs terrifingly.

“In fact,” Reply Thomas, “I’m gonna tell you Smurfs a story about James and his life history. Would you all like to hear it?”

“But what about your job?” Concern Snappy.

“Don’t worry.” Said Thomas, “I got some time.”

“Well, in that case, yes, we would love to.” Snappy said grandly. “Right, Smurfs?”

“Yes, please.” Said the Smurfs.

“Well alright then.” Puff Thomas, “I’ll tell it.”

“You do that, Thomas.” Gordon pooped.

“While the rest of us go do our jobs.” Added Henry.

“We’ll see you Smurfs later.” Peeped Percy.

“Smurf you later Engines.” Said the Smurfs.

“Oh, and Emily.” Thomas said to mid-size emerald tender engine, “Can you do me a favor? Pick up Annie and Clarabel, and take them to Knapford Station?”

“Of course, Thomas.” Said Emily politely, “And I’ll meet you there.”

So one by one, the Engines puffed out of their sheds, and set off to do their jobs.

But Edward decided to stay and keep the Smurfs more company.

Handy notice it. “Are you smurfing to your job, Edward?” He said puzzlingly.

“Don’t worry, Handy.” Edward chuckled, “I got some time too. And I want to keep you Smurfs more company.”

“Ooh, that’s smurfy, Edward.” Said Smurfette grandly.

Edward just smiled.

Just then, Thomas had an idea. “Edward,” He called to the #2 engine, “Maybe you should tell the story to the Smurfs.”

Edward was pleased, “Why thank you, Thomas.” He said kindly, “I be honor to.”

The Smurfs turn to Edward as he began.

“Now,” Edward spoke up, “It all started, at least… five years ago.”

“You mean 1950?” Brainy guessed.

“Yes.” Said Edward, “And at that time, the island is getting all puffed up with too much work. So the Fat Controller had purchased a fifth Engine. And you all can guess who the Engine is.”

“James?” Guessed Snappy and Sassette.

“Right.” Giggled Edward. “And on his first day, the Fat Controller has givin’ James his first job. And you all can also guess what job it is.”

“A slow goods train?” Handy and Hefty guessed.

“That’s right.” Edward tooted, and he began to start. “Now, one day, James was working on his first day. Thomas was in the yard busy shunting trucks…” And so, Edward started telling the Smurfs the story about James and his life history, while Thomas stands by listening.

And little that Thomas, Edward, and the Smurfs didn’t know, is that Grouchy is listening to the story too. He still wants to found out more about James. And he’s starting to think that the #5 engine is the kind of someone who has the same feelings as him. So Grouchy carefully keeps his body still as he listens to Edward’s story about James.

(Amtrak Smurf):[Stop! Before you continue reading, here are the two Season 1 video clips of Thomas & Friends, featuring James and two of his accidents. The stories are narrated by(I think you know him or don’t!) former Beatles member, Ringo Starr. But, Edward will be the one telling the stories by using Ringo’s voice. Also, James’ secret was revealed on the second clip, so that part will be ignored by Edward as he tells the story to the Smurfs.]

Here they are:

Thomas And The Breakdown Train
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xJ2frQBqQ8

Dirty Objects
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRlJNDnuRWc

[Now you may continue.(After or if you watched the clips.)]

“…and so,” Edward puffed as he finishes, “Ever since those two dreadful accidents, James has puffed, and “smurfed” up a big hatred of pulling slow goods trains. Which he is now.”

“Whoa.” The Smurfs remarked. Even Grouchy was secretly amazed.

“Gosh.” Said Clumsy.

“A very long hatred of smurfing a job that he truly hates.” Amazed Hefty.

“And James’ accidents are very dreadful, and unsmurfy.” Sassette said sorrowly.

“Well, I like the part that after rescuing James from his first accident,” Snappy replied to Thomas, “You smurfed Annie and Clarabel for a reward. That was smurfy.”

“And that’s how I first met them.” Thomas puffed grandly.

“And who knew that Toby has a coach of his own.” Said Handy.

“Yes.” Remarked Sassette, “Henrietta is a smurfy name.”

“Well, during James’ second accident,” Smurfette snarled, “It smurfs him right for smurfing poor Toby and Henrietta! Calling them “dirty objects” is just mean!”

“Well, Toby did smurf James back by resmurfing the embarrassing thing the red steam engine had smurfed. Hahahahaha!” Jokey said he giggles. “What was James’ secret, Edward?”

“Sorry, no can do.” Edward puffed seriously.

“And if James find out,” Added Thomas, “He’ll have his dome blown off.”

“And you should respect too, Jokey.” Said Papa seriously also.

“Yes, Papa Smurf.” Said Jokey shamefully.

“Well, I can believe that James had smurf into some tanker trucks fill with tar.” Vanity said dreadfully, “He must be very embarrassed and upset for smurfing his red coat dirty.”

“Ohh, believe us, Vanity.” Thomas puffed.

“James always tries to keep himself clean all the time.” Said Edward.

“Really?!” Vanity said surprisingly, “Please, smurf me more! And this time, from you, Thomas.”

“And from us, too.” Said the Smurfs.

“I’ll be glad to.” Said Thomas grandly. “And I’ll start it with a song.”

[Stop! Here is the Season 6 music video/song of Thomas & Friends.]

James, The Really Splendid Engine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKrwhxthz90

[Okay, continue.]

“…and so my little blue friends,” Thomas tooted as he finishes, “That is the story of James and his life history.”

The Smurfs are even more amazed. “Whoa.” They remarked.

“Bust my smurfs.” Said Grouchy softly. “Whoa, did I just smurf the train language?”

“Now I’ve smurfed everything.” Vanity said impressively, “No wonder James loves to smurf about how splendid he is. And I gotta smurf him props, James is my kind of someone, he has the same smurfonality like me.” And he turn to his mirror to look at his reflect.

“And alzo, no wonder James iz zhe the only engane to have a nize and shiny coat of red paint.” Reply Painter. “He muzt be very proud.”

“But don’t smurfget,” Brainy spoke up, “James also has half of Grouchy’s smurfonality too.”
“Whoa, James’ smurfonality is half of Grouchy’s and half of Vanity’s?” Dazed Lazy, “I’m smurfing dizzy.”

“Mmm, I wonder how Grouchy smurfs about this?” Grandpa wondered.

Grouchy heard Grandpa mentioning him and he quickly hid himself behind Thomas’ dome.

But Papa saw a little bit of him after he turn to him. “I think he has.” He chuckled, “But I’ll smurf him some time.” And he winked at Grandpa.

Now, after hearding everything about James, Grouchy is stuck between feeling glum, sorry, and terrible. He really wished that he hadn’t said that negative remark to the #5 engine. He now find out one thing from James, he has a big hatred of pulling slow goods trains. That made Grouchy feeling sorry, and surprisingly impressed. Also, Grouchy really had to admit that James does look splendid and proud to be the only Engine to have a nice and shiny coat of red paint. But after saying that negative remark to him, James has lost his vanity, and he is now feeling very miserable.

After having a long though, Grouchy knew one thing he had to do, he’ll be the first one to apologize. But he was too late, James had already puffed away, in a very cross way that is.

Finally, after finishing telling stories about James, Thomas and Edward are ready to go to do their jobs.

“Well, it’s time for me to get puffin’.” Edward puffed.

“Yes, we know.” Said Handy understandingly.

“Smurf you later, Edward.” Said the Smurfs.

“”Smurf” you later too, Smurfs.” Whistled Edward, and with a wheesh of steam, the mid-size blue tender engine puffed busily away to Wellsworth Station.

“And it’s time for me to get puffin’ too.” Thomas tooted. “And Smurfs, get ready. ‘Cause you all are gonna see everything around Sodor.”

“Well, we really want to smurf everything around Sodor too.” Said Papa grandly, “And I think smurfing around the island sounds smurfy.”

“And after that, it’s off to home we smurf.” Grandpa added.

“Well we better hurry then.” Thomas puffed, “My coaches and passengers are probably there and waiting.”

“Alright, let’s smurf on with tour!” Cheered Snappy.

“YEAH!” The Smurfs cheered. And Grouchy decided that he wants to join in too, so he can cheer himself up. But when he decides to that is.

“Ok!” Whistled Thomas, “Let’s get puffin’ and “smurfin’”!” And with two toots from his whistle, “[PEEP! PEEP!]”, the little blue tank engine chuffed off happily to Knapford Station.

And Grouchy was determine to see James so he can apologize sincerely to him. If he gets the chance that is.

(Amtrak Smurf): Well now, Grouchy felt sorry and has feelings for James, and he’ll be the first one to apologize. But will he get the chance to? Don’t puff and smurf away, there’s plenty more to come.

Fun facts: Do you know? Ringo Starr was narrator for Season’s 1 and 2 of Thomas and Friends for both U.K. and U.S. viewers.

--------------------

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-06-2008 05:00 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks for the chapter, Amtrak Smurf.

The first time that I ever saw Thomas and Friends was on Shining Time Station, which used to air on PBS.

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Posts: 963 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Feb 2006
Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-07-2008 07:34 AM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
You're welcome, [Cool] . And I'm glad you watched the clips. And what do you think of the Fun fact? Pretty neat, huh? [Wink]

--------------------

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-07-2008 06:28 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The Beatles are one of my most favorite groups, so that was pretty cool to have Ringo Starr on there.

Thanks for the clips and fun fact, Amtrak Smurf. [Wink]

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-13-2008 07:26 PM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Great new chapter so far (I'm just about done reading it), Amtrak Smurf. Thanks for the links to the clips. Interesting that Ringo Starr was the narrator for the first two seasons of this show.

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-14-2008 08:44 AM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
You're welcome, Cool Smurf and Marianamersmurf. [Happy Smurf]

--------------------

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-15-2008 10:57 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 8 is coming up next, and you all know the notices and warnings.

--------------------

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-16-2008 10:53 AM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 8: Smurfing The Island Pt. 1.

Here’s what we puff and smurf off last time. Thomas, his friends, and the Smurfs are awake, and getting ready to start a brand new smurfy day on Sodor. But, James and Grouchy are the last ones to wake up, and they are indeed still not speaking to each other. The Fat Controller arrived to Tidmouth Sheds and has givin’ the Engines their job assignments. But James has got the job that he truly hates, which is pulling a slow goods train, and this had lead with him raging his anger and his friends teasing him. And this also lead with Grouchy privately feeling surprised and concerned. After James puffed crossly away, Thomas and Edward told the Smurfs the story about James and his life history. And after they finished, Grouchy was even more surprised and started to have feelings for James, and he has decided that he’ll be the first to apologize, if he gets the chance that is. But for now, Thomas, along with the Smurfs, has puffed and smurfed off to Knapford Station to do his job, which is taking the visitors(and the Smurfs!) on a tour around the Island of Sodor. Now, on with the tour!

After receiving their assignments from the Fat controller, the Engines are now doing their jobs.

Gordon has fetched his express coaches and was on his way to Knapford Station.

Henry has picked up his flat-bed trucks and has puffed off to the forest.

Percy already has picked up the post train and has started making deliveries.

Toby has fetched some empty trucks, as well his coach, Henrietta and set off to Farmer McColl’s.

Edward arrived at Wellsworth Station and got started on shunting some trucks.

And Emily has picked up her coaches and Thomas’ and was already at Knapford Station waiting for him and the Smurfs.

And at last, Thomas and the Smurfs arrived.

“Slowing Slugs!” Sassette remarked, “Thomas, is this the, uh… uh?”

“Yes, Sassette.” Thomas giggled, “This is the station. Knapford Station.”

“Ooh, smurfy name.” Said Clumsy.

“Are stations that big?” Asked Handy.

“Well, Knapford is the biggest on the island.” Thomas answered, “Some of the other stations here are smaller.”

“Well, who would of smurf.” Said Brainy.

Thomas gently coupled up Annie and Clarabel.

The coaches are glad to see Thomas, and as well the Smurfs too.

“Good morning, you two.” Whistled Thomas.

“Good morning, Thomas.” Said the coaches, “And good morning, Smurfs.”

“Good morning, Annie. Good morning, Clarabel.” The Smurfs chimed.

“Did you two smurf well?” Asked Smurfette.

“Oh, yes.” The coaches answered, “And did you take care of your grumpy, rude friend?”

“[SIGH] Yes we did.” Sighed Smurfette, “And I think he won’t be smurfing anyone for now.”

“Well, thank goodness.” Said Annie and Clarabel in relief.

“Thank you for bringing them here, Emily.” Tooted Thomas kindly.

“You’re welcome, Thomas.” Said Emily thankfully.

Just then, the Smurfs notice something.

There, right next to Emily, are two little and very young tank engines. The light violet and gray one is Rosie, and the bright orange one is Billy.

Sassette and Smurfette are surprised to see another girl steam engine.

The two young Engines began to speak.

“Hello, Thomas.” Peeped Rosie.

“And hello, Smurfs.” Billy tooted.

“How do you know about us?!” Stunned Snappy.

“I told them.” Emily replied, “And don’t worry, everything is taking care of.”

“Phew.” Said Snappy.

“Ah, you all have met.” Thomas puffed grandly, “Smurfs, this is Billy and Rosie.”

“Well, hello.” Said the Smurfs grandly.

“And Smurflings, those two are very young, and they’re like you, too.” Added Thomas. “Rosie is cheery and jumpy, and Billy is pushy and spunky.”

“Smurf-a-roo!” Surprised Snappy.

“At last, some Engines that has the same smurfonality as us!” Said Sassette cheerfully.

“So, if older Engines are, well… adult Engines,” Brainy said as he thinks, “So that makes young Engines… “Enginelings”!”

“Enginelings?” Giggled Emily.

“Well, I think that sounds adorable.” Chuckled Thomas, “And for now on, a young Engine will be called an Engineling.

Billy and Rosie think that it sounds fine with them.

“I think I like being called an Engineling.” Rosie puffed sweetly.

“Me too.” Agreed Billy.

“And it smurfs us well, too.” Said the Smurflings.

“Well, there’s yet another girl steam engine,” Smurfette spoke up, “But Emily, are there more Engines that are girls?”

“Yes.” Said Emily, “Besides me and Rosie, there are two more.”

“Ooh, I hope we’ll meet them, too.” Said Smurfette hopefully.

“You will. As we tour along the island.” Said Thomas.

Smurfette is excited and hope to see the other Engines that are girls.

Just then, Gordon arrived. He stopped to pick up his passengers. The passengers all scrambled inside his coaches.

Gordon is felling very proud to pull the express, it what makes him feel important and to be the only Engine to do so.

The Smurfs greeted Gordon. “Hello, Gordon.” They said.

“Hello, Smurfs.” Gordon puffed, “But I can’t stop to chat. I got a very important job to do. So I’ll see you all later.”

Just then, the guard blew his whistle. “[TWEEEEET!]”

And Gordon began to depart. “[POOP! POOP!]” As he puffs out of the station, he began to sing. “FASTEST AND BEST, FASTEST AND BEST, AND I CAN’T STOP TO REST TILL I FINISH PULLING THE EXPRESS.” He boasted, and with one last puff, the #4 engine set off to work.

The Smurfs watched as Gordon left the station.

Brainy is counting the coaches that Gordon is pulling. “…3, 4, …5!” He said stunningly.

“Wow, now that’s a lot of coaches!” Amazed Hefty.

“Indeed.” Thomas puffed, “And Gordon’s not only the bestest and fastest, he’s also the strongest.”

“Really!” Hefty replied surprisingly, “Well, Thomas, in case you didn’t know, I’m the strongest Smurf!”

“And yet another Smurf who has the same “smurfonality” like one of my friends.” Thomas giggled.

Suddenly, Emily notice something on Hefty’s arm. “Hefty, what’s that on your arm?” She said curiously.

“It’s my tattoo.” Explained Hefty, “It’s a heart with an arrow smurf through. And it represent strength.”

“Whoo.” Billy hooted.

“Does it hurt?” Wondered Rosie.

“No, not at all.” Said Hefty.

“Of courze,” Painter spoke up, “I’m zhe one who paint it.”

“Now that’s very artistic.” Thomas puffed.

“Merci, Monsieur Thomas.” Said Painter.

“And Engines,” Hefty spoke up, “Smurf this out!” And the muscular Smurf, wear nothing but a railroad worker overalls, flex his arm with a muscle bump showing his tattoo.

The four Engines are amazed.

“Bust my buffers!” Thomas tooted.

“Oh my wheels and coupling hooks!” Squealed Emily.

“What a muscle!” Amazed Rosie.

“I puff to that!” Agreed Billy.

Hefty paced his handsome look with has eyebrow raised up and the other down, and give the Engines a wink.

“Hmhmhmhmhm.” Giggled Emily.

“Boy, you are indeed the strongest Smurf ever, Hefty.” Puffed Thomas grandly.

“Thanks, Thomas.” Said Hefty proudly, “And I wish I can smurf to Gordon about it.”

“Well, maybe.” Said Thomas doubtfully, “If we have the time that is.”

“Yes, I know.” Said Hefty hopefully. “And thank smurfness Gordon’s not like Tuffy.” He said to himself.
[Tuffy is the one who wears a belt and acts tougher than he is and often challenges others to fisticuffs.]

“Well,” Rosie peeped, “I guess I should be puffing.”

“Me too.” Added Billy.

“Where you smurfing, Billy?” Asked Snappy.

“And you, Rosie?” Sassettte added.

“I’m taking flour to the bakery.” Answered Rosie.

“And I’m taking sugar to the chocolate factory.” Billy added.

“Chocolate, mmm.” Said Greedy mouth-wateringly.

“Well, it’s nice smurfing you, Enginelings.” Said the two Smurflings.

“And it’s nice meeting you too, Smurflings… and Smurfs.” Said the two Enginelings.

“Bye, Billy. Bye, Rosie.” Said the Smurfs.

“Good-bye, Smurfs.” Said Billy and Rosie, and with two toots from both whistles, “[PEEP! PEEP!]” “[PEEP! PEEP!]” The two Enginelings puffed away to do their jobs.

At last, all the visitors are on board Thomas and Emily’s coaches. And the guard blew his whistle. “[TWEEEEET!]”

“Alright!” Thomas puffed, “Let the tour begin!”

“Ready when you smurf, Thomas!” Shouted the Smurfs excitedly.

“Well I’m ready!” Whistled Emily, “So let’s go, go, go!”

And with one by one two toots, “[PEEP! PEEP!]” “[PEEP! PEEP!]” The two Engines, with the Smurfs on Thomas, set off to begin their jobs of touring the island. And the Smurfs are really looking forward to it too.

Just then, Grouchy casually unhid himself from Thomas’ dome, and walked pass his fellow Smurfs. As he walked through, the others watched as he pass by, and it made them concern.

“Oh, look who decided to join us.” Brainy said sarcastically.

“Shh!” Hissed Grandpa, “Can you smurf that he’s trying to cheer himsmurf up?”

“Grouchy? Cheering himsmurf up?” Surprised Greedy.

“Now this is new.” Vanity added.

“Yes.” Said Grandpa, “He’s feeling unsmurfy for what he smurf to James. But still, mind your own smurfness.”

The Smurfs promised. But they‘re still couldn‘t believe it, Grouchy usually hates cheering himself up.

But Smurfette decided to do the wise thing of helping Grouchy to cheer himself up.

Grouchy saw Papa and sat down beside him.

Papa turned to him and smiled. “Well, I see you decided to join us.” He said.

Grouchy changed his usual scowled face, to a glum and miserable one.

Papa can see that. “I know what your smurfing,” He replied, “Your feeling unsmurfy and felt sorry, and you want to make it all smurfed away, starting with the apology to James.”

Grouchy nod his head up and down slowly.

“Don’t worry, when you see James, you’ll have your chance.” Said Papa truthfully. “But for now, try ensmurfing yoursmurf with the tour that Thomas is smurfing us. Can you smurf that?”

Grouchy again nod his head.

“Alright then, I’ll smurf you in peace. And smurf free to talk to me anytime.” Papa said happily and he turned away.

As Grouchy finished his conversation with Papa, he started thinking about James. “I wonder how James is smurfing?” He though to himself, “He must be still angry for smurfing the job that he truly hates. And I know just how he smurfs.”

So Grouchy kept on thinking about James as Thomas and Emily busily chuffs on along the line to do their touring around the island.

Meanwhile, James arrived at Brendam Docks. And he is indeed still fuming as he looks for his train, which is a slow goods, the job that he truly hates. And the more he thinks about it, the more he gets crosser and crosser.

“The indignity!” James hissed, “Of all the jobs on the island, and it has to be a slow goods train! Ooh, how I HATE pulling slow goods trains! And how DISGUSTING!” So he continued on, fuming than ever.

As James chuffs through the harbor, he can see some of the other Engines doing really important jobs.

At the passenger dock, Donald and Douglas, the Scottish Twins, are taking visitors from Scotland to the
Scottish castle at Castle Loch.
[Donald and Douglas are mid-size black tender engines and they’re the #9 and #10 engines]

James is jealous. “Why can’t I have that job?” He moaned.

At the cargo dock, Neville the Square Engine, is taking imported fruits and vegetables to the market and he’ll soon meet up with Toby.
[Neville is a mid-size black tender engine and carries the #33010 on the sides of his cab]

James is even more jealous. “Why can’t I have that job?!” He said loudly.

And at the industrial dock, Murdoch the Heavy Goods Engine, is pulling a fast special train, and it’s different and way better than a slow goods train.
[Murdoch is a big orange tender engine and does not have a number]

James is now jealous than ever. “OOH, WHY CAN’T I HAVE THAT JOB?!!” He shouted, and he is now getting very cross!

Suddenly, as James kept on chuffing through harbor, the three diesel engines, Devious Diesel and the Twins, ‘Arry and Bert, could see the #5 engine coming. They can also see that James is not at all happy, they saw the chance of teasing him.

“Oh, look.” Diesel oiled, “Looks like some steamie is having a bad day.”

“And we think we know why.” ‘Arry cackled.

“We overheard from a little steamie that you have the job of pulling a slow goods train, your all-time favorite job.” Laughed Bert.

“Better hurry.” Diesel teased, “The trucks are waiting for their favorite Engine to pull them. On, on, on!”

And the Diesels laughed. “[Diesels cackling]”

James took no notice and kept on chuffing. “Dirty Diesels.” He sniffed crossly.

At last, James had reached the main dock in the harbor, where his slow goods train is there waiting.

Salty, the Dockside Diesel Engine, had just shunted James’ trucks into place. And Cranky, the Harbor Crane, is finishing loading the goods onto his trucks.

Salty could see that James is not at all happy, and good thing he’s not like the other diesel engines, he is friendly and kind to the steam engines.

So Salty cheered James up. “Ahoy, me red sailor!” He replied with his usual pirate talk.

“Hello, Salty.” James moaned.

“Oh, come now.” Salty hooted, “A smile is turning your frown upside down.”

“I don’t think so.” James replied, “I’m just not in mood today, and my day had just started worse.”

“Would you like to talk about it?” Suggested Salty.

“No.” Said James.

“Oh, come on.” Salty said kindly, “It’ll make you feel better.”

“Oh, very well.” Groaned James, which he has no other choice.

So James began his conversation with Salty. “Well, you see,” He began, “It all started yesterday.”

“Yes?” Said Salty eagerly.

James decided not to get himself involve with it, so he made something up. “Well, I have this friend.” He puffed, “And someone new had just came to visit.”

“Oh?” Salty replied.

“Then suddenly,” James continued, “That somesbody just said a negative remark to my friend, which made him felt crushed, hurt, and very cross. So he got back by wheeshing steam at him.”

“Oh, my!” Said Salty stunningly.

“So my friend and his somebody had got into an argument, without getting to know each other.” James said as he finished.

“Ohh.” Salty said understandingly.

“And that’s the whole story.” James wheeshed. “So, what should I… I mean my friend should do?”

“Well, James,” Salty said with an option, “I think your friend and his somebody will have to settle their feelings by themselves calmly and straight. Or should I say, YOU and YOUR somebody!” He said cleverly.

James was alarmed. “I DIDN’T SAY IT WAS ME AND MY SOMEBODY!” He stuttered.

But Salty just winked. “Oh, don’t worry.” He said wisely, “I assure your day will turn up right. And I know how much you hate pulling slow goods trains, so try not to think about it, and think of something in your mind. So till then, pleasant sails, me harty!” And with two toots from his horn, “[TOOT! TOOT!]” Salty trundled away.

James watched as he disappeared. “Well, I talked to Salty.” He said calmly, “But, I’m still not happy or feeling better. Oh, I think my day will never puff up right.” And he let out a big long sigh. “[BIG SIGH]”

After Salty left, James switched tracks and was coupled up to his train. Today, he’s starting up with six trucks, and he’ll be picking up more at every station along the way.

Suddenly, the trucks started laughing. “[Trucks laughing]”

“BOTHER!” Hissed James.

“Hehehehehe!” Cackled the trucks.

“STOP THAT LAUGHING THIS INSTANT!” James yelled, and he give them a bump. “[BANG!]”

Cranky saw the whole thing and laughed. “Well, well, well.” He chuckled teasingly, “Looks like someone is loosing his temper, again.”

“AM NOT!” Huffed James crossly.

“Temper, Temper.” Teased Cranky, “Don’t wanna end up too grouchy. Oh, and that will be your nickname, “Grouchy James”.”

James was extremely outraged! Not only grouchy is a word, but it’s also a name. It’s the name from a Smurf who said a negative remark to him. Now he’s getting very cross and went redder than ever!

“DON’T CALL ME THAT!” James roared, “IN FACT, DON’T EVEN SAY THAT WORD!”

“Gee, I’m sorry.” Cranky giggled, “I though you like being called… Grouchy James. Oops, that one slipped off of me.”

“RUBBISH!” James grumbled, “YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE!”

Suddenly, the trucks began to join in with the fun. “Go on, Grouchy James!” They laughed, “We want to go! So start chuffing!”

“BOTHER! BOTHER!!” Yelled James, and he has now reached the same temper level as Grouchy Smurf. So he had enough and steamed crossly away.

“Have a nice day, Grouchy James!” Chuckled Cranky.

“SHUT UP!” James snarled, and kept on huffing all the way to the harbor exit, with the trucks behind him laughing and teasing.

And this is going to be a very long and bad-tempered day for James to overcome it. But, when he sees Grouchy, that will soon change.

After leaving Knapford Station, Thomas and Emily, with the Smurfs on aboard the #1 engine, are chuffing along line as they began their tour around Sodor.

But just then, the two Engines stopped at a junction.

The Smurfs are dazed and surprised.

There, the junction has a maze with lots of rails and points. On the left, the first set of points lead to a single line of rails, that is the branch line. And on the right, the other set of points lead to three lines of rails, the is the main line.

For their assignments, Thomas will be touring along the branch line, while Emily goes along the main line.

“Well, Emily.” Thomas puffed, “This is where we puff our separate ways.”

“You mean that Emily is not smurfing with us?” Said Sassette curiously.

“Yes.” Explained Emily, “My assignment is taking the visitors along the main line.”

“And I’ll be taking mine along the branch line.” Thomas added.

“Now what’s the difference between a branch line and a main line?” Brainy asked.

“Well, the branch line has a set of one or two lines of rails.” Thomas answered.

“And the main line has a set of two or three lines of rails.” Added Emily.

“Oh.” Said Brainy, “And thanks, I’ll resmurf that.”

“You’re welcome, Brainy.” Chuckled Thomas.

“Well, I’ll “smurf” you all later, Smurfs.” Emily tooted.

“And we’ll smurf you later too, Emily.” The Smurfs replied.

And with two toots from her whistle, “[PEEP! PEEP!]” Emily puffed importantly away.

“Alright.” Thomas puffed, “Here we go. Right this way.” And with a wheesh of steam, the little blue tank engine chuffed busily along the line.

But along the way, Thomas stopped at Maithwaite Station to pick up more visitors.

“What station is this?” Jokey asked.

“This is Maithwaite.” Answered Thomas.

“Mm, smurfy name for other station.” Remarked Greedy.

Just then, everyone heard two toots. “[PEEP! PEEP!]”

Percy arrived, and he just stop to take on water.

“Hello, Percy.” The Smurfs chimed.

“Hello, Smurfs.” Whistled Percy.

Handy is watching on what Percy is doing. “Percy, what are you smurfing?” He wondered.

“I’m taking on water.” Percy puffed.

“Oh, and what’s that next to you?” Handy asked.

“This is a water tower.” Percy answered, “And this is what we use whenever we run out of it.”

“Ooh, fascinating.” Said Handy impressively.

“And the island has lots of it, too.” Added Thomas.

“Double fascinating.” Amazed Handy.

“So, Percy.” Jokey spoke up, “How’s your job smurfing?”

“It’s great!” Peeped Percy.

“What is it again?” Snappy said in concern.

“It’s the post train.” Percy described, “All I do is deliver mail and parcels around Sodor.”

“Wow, now that’s very important.” Remarked Brainy.

“Indeed it is.” Said Percy. “And it’s my all-time favorite job.”

“Well, glad you ensmurfed it.” Papa said grandly.

At last, the visitors are all on board Annie and Clarabel. “All aboard!” They chimed.

“Alright.” Puffed Thomas.

But suddenly, Thomas heard a noise. “[Snoring]”

“Is someone sleeping?” Thomas said unbelievingly.

“Yes.” Brainy moaned, “And smurf who it is.”

Thomas looked and could see that it’s Lazy who is sleeping.

“Bother.” Thomas groaned, “He’ll be missing everything.”

The Smurfs went up to Lazy to wake him up.

“Come on, Lazy!” Hefty shouted, “This is no time to smurf!”

But Lazy pretended not to hear anything. This made Hefty furious.

“Lazy, smurf up!” Snappy yelled.

“Don’t be such a sleeping sloth!” Sassette remarked loudly.

But Lazy is still ignoring them. “[Snoring]”

This made the Smurflings annoyed.

“Here, let me try.” Thomas huffed, and he blew his whistle. “[PEEP! PEEP! PEEP!]”

But Lazy is still fast asleep and ignoring. “[Snoring loudly]”

Now Thomas is getting very cross.

“Oh, it’s no use.” Smurfette sighed, “He’s dead smurfing.”

And the Smurfs sighed too. “[Smurfs sighing]”

Suddenly, Percy had an idea. “I know how to wake Lazy up.” He said cheekily.

“With what?” The Smurfs said puzzlingly.

Percy started huffing and puffing.

“Uh oh, I think I know.” Thomas trembled.

“What?!” Said the Smurfs eagerly.

“Quick, cover your ears!” Thomas warned.

“Why?!” Papa shouted.

“Just do it, please!” Ordered Thomas.

So the Smurfs covered their ears. And Thomas is bracing himself.

Percy huffed, and puffed, and then, he blew his whistle the loudest of all! “[PEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!]”

“EYAAAAAH!” Screamed Lazy and he shot up in the air, and landed down heavily. “[BONK!]”

“Whoa!” Said the Smurfs surprisingly.

“Smurfers and Smurfeses!” Dazed Lazy, “What was that?!”

“That my sleepy blue friend,” Laughed Percy, “Is my super loud whistle.”

“Oh, smurfy.” Lazy said sarcastically, “Now it’s smurf inside my head.”

“Well, at least it’ll smurf you awake.” Chuckled Jokey. “And that was a very funny thing you smurf, Percy.”

“Well, what I can say,” Percy giggled, “I’m a cheeky Engine.”

“Really!” Surprised Jokey, “Well, Percy. Guess what? I’m the cheekiest, and funniest Smurf!”

“Well, flatten my funnel! So you are.” Amazed Percy.

“And also the most annoying.” Brainy Sniffed.

“I smurf that!” Snarled Jokey.

“Well you are!” Brainy countered.

“Smurf not!” Jokey yelled.

“Smurf too!” Brainy yelled back.

“Smurf up the both of you!” Papa shouted furiously.

“Sorry, Papa Smurf.” Said Brainy and Jokey shamefully.

Thomas and Percy can’t help but snicker. “[Engines snickering]”

“What are you two laughing at?!” Brainy grumbled.

“Sorry, Brainy.” Thomas chuckled.

“Sometimes we couldn’t help ourselves.” Added Percy.

“Thomas, you’re a cheeky Engine, too?” Jokey wondered stunningly.

“Yes I am.” Thomas puffed.

“But,” Replied Percy, “Me and Thomas make a great cheeky team.”

“Wow, now that’s smurfy.” Said Jokey impressively. “But, I hate to smurf it, but sometimes my jokes can smurf into trouble.” He said sadly.

“It’s ok, Jokey.” Thomas puffed cheerfully, “Our tricks can lead to trouble, too.”

Jokey felt much better and smiled.

“Uh, Percy,” Clumsy spoke up, “About your super loud whistle.”

“Yes, Clumsy?” Percy responded.

“Well, we have a friend back at our village that has the same smurfonality like you.” Said Clumsy.

“Really?” Peeped Percy, “Who?”

“His name is Harmony.” Smurfette replied.

“And he lovez to smurf zhe trumpette.” Painter added.

“But he smurfs it so loud, we have to smurf him to stop.” Put in Handy.

“Whoa, that is very loud.” Amazed Percy, “And I wish I would like to meet Harmony.”

“So do I.” Thomas tooted. “And it’s ashamed that he didn’t come with you, Smurfs.”

“But at least he’s safe at our village, anyway.” Said Papa positively. “From harm’s way that is.”

Thomas and Percy have to agree and respect Papa’s safety wishes.

At last, Percy’s water tanks are full.

“Well, I’m all filled up.” Percy peeped, “And I better get back to work.”

“Alright, Percy.” Jokey chimed, “And smurf up the good work.”

“Smurf you later, Percy.” The Smurf chimed also.

“”Smurf” you later too, Smurfs.” Whistled Percy, and with two toots, “[PEEP! PEEP!]” The #6 engine chuffed busily away.

“Alright, everybody!” Thomas tooted, “Off we go!”

“Ooh, this is smurfing to be exciting!” Cheered Smurfette. “Don’t you smurf so, Grouchy?” She said to the negative Smurf.

Grouchy turned to Smurfette, and he quietly responded. “I-I smurf so.” He said softly.

“And don’t worry, I won’t smurf.” Said Smurfette, and she give Grouchy a wink.

Thomas was surprised. But he too wants to keep it to himself. So with a wheesh of steam, he happily puffed away along the line.

On his job, the route that Thomas is touring is the Black Loch run, and it has one of the most beautiful scenic sights on the island. The first sight is a mystical lake.

“This is Black Loch Lake.” Thomas guided, “One of the most mystical lakes on Sodor.”

“Ooh, it is mystical.” Smurfette awed.

“And it iz indeed black.” Painter added. “And I’ll add zhat to my masterpizzas smurfolio.” He took out his miniature paint set from his hat and began painting.

“And what’s so mystical about it?” Wondered Vanity.

“Well,” Thomas puffed, “There was a myth that there’s a monster living in this lake.”

“M-M-M-Monster?!” Said Lazy frightfully.

“Relax, Lazy.” Hefty replied calmly, “Thomas said it’s just a myth.”

“But monsters smurf me nightmares.” Shivered Lazy.

“Well, that happened to Emily before.” Giggled Thomas, “But at the end, everything puffed up fine, with a surprise.”

“What’s the surprise, Thomas?” Asked Jokey.

“I’ll show you.” Said Thomas excitedly.

Thomas turned to the water and blew his whistle. “[PEEP! PEEP! PEEP!] Come on out!” He called.

Suddenly, there’s something lurking in the water.

“Hey everysmurf, look!” Stunned Snappy.

“It’s the monster!” Lazy screamed, and he covered his eyes.

But then, there was a splash. “[SPLASH!]”

The Smurfs were surprised and awestrucked. “Ooh, awww.” They remarked.

“Are you Smurfs smurfs?!” Lazy stuttered, “What’ so smurfy about a monster?!”

“Look again, Lazy.” Chuckled Papa.

Lazy moved his hands and slowly open his eyes. And he sees something that made him surprised also. “Awww.” He said.

There on the rocks, is the seal family. “[Seals barking]”

“Blanc de Blanc! I’ll add zhat to my masterpizza!” Painter said excitedly.

“Ohh, that baby one is so cute.” Sassette awed.

Wild chattered to the seals. “ARF! ARF! ARF!” He barked.

And the seals responded back. “ARF! ARF! ARF!” They yapped.

“Ah, voila!” Said Painter happily, “My masterpizza is fini!”

“Can I see it?” Thomas said pleasingly.

Painter showed his masterpiece to Thomas.

“Ooh, wonderful, and very artistic.” Said Thomas impressively.

Painter was pleased and felt very proud.

“Alright, now.” Thomas tooted, “On to the next sight.”

“Alright, Thomas.” Said Snappy.

And he and the other Smurfs turned and waved good-bye to the seal family. “Bye, seals!” They chimed.

“ARF, ARF!” Said Wild.

“ARF, ARF!” Barked the seals.

“Bye, seals.” Whistled Thomas, and he steamed away.

On the next part of the tour, Thomas and the Smurfs came upon a majestic castle.

“This is the Scottish castle.” Guided Thomas, “One of three on this island.”

“Notre-Dame!” Painter remarked, “I’ll ztart painting right now!”

“Jiggling jellyfish, is there a king and queen?” Wondered Sassette.

“No, I’m afraid not.” Said Thomas disappointingly. “But they do still exist. And right now, castle caretakers look after these historic buildings.” He puffed cheerfully.

“Phew, thank smurfness.” Said Sassette.

“And… fini!” Painter squealed as he finished his painting.

“[SIGH] It reminds us of the castles back at home.” Smurfette said sadly.

“How many?” Asked Thomas.

“Same number.” Brainy answered.

“Well, since you all were reveal by that horrid wizard and some other people.” Thomas puffed, “Did you have some friends like those?”

“Oh yes.” Said Papa grandly, “And those people are very smurfy to us.”

“Well, I’m pleased to hear that.” Said Thomas.

“Well, Grouchy, isn’t this castle smurfy?” Smurfette murmured to the now-feeling-guilty Smurf.

“It’s fine.” Grouchy said quietly, “But, I still like the castles back at home.”

“Well, at least Grouchy’s feeling a little bit smurfy.” Said Papa happily and quietly.

Just then, Thomas and the Smurfs heard a pair of two toots. “[PEEP! PEEP!]” “[PEEP! PEEP!]”

It’s the Twins, Donald and Douglas. And they arrived from Brendam Docks with the visitors from Scotland.

The Smurf are surprised to see two Engines that are exactly alike.

“Hello, Donald. Hello, Douglas.” Whistled Thomas.

“Hello, Thomas our lad.” The Twins tooted.

Then the Twins notice the Smurfs. “And hello to you all too, Smurfs.” They chirped. “Our wee lad Percy told us so much about you.”

But the Smurfs said nothing, they’re feeling speechless.

Thomas was concern. “Is everything alright, Smurfs?” He said.

“T-T-Thomas, is this some kind of joke?!” Stuttered Jokey.

“What are you all talking about?” Puffed Thomas puzzlingly.

“Well, do my glasses smurf me, or am I smurfing double?!” Stunned Brainy.

“Yes you did! And this is no joke.” Thomas puffed truthfully. “Smurfs, this is Donald and Douglas, and they are twins.”

“Oh, of course!” Said Papa understandingly.

“You mean you know this, Papa Smurf?” Hefty wondered.

“Yes, Hefty.” Replied Papa, “And Smurfs, whenever you all smurf two things or beings that are identical, they are called “twins”.”

“Ohh.” Said the Smurfs, as they now understand Papa’s explanation.

“And I know this, too.” Said Grandpa, “During my 500-year journey around the world that is.”

“Well, beside their names and their coats of black paint,” Thomas puffed, “Do you Smurfs see the other differents from the Twins?”

“Hmm?” The Smurfs pondered, and one by one, they look all over Donald and Douglas.

Handy answered first. “Hey, I know!” He shouted, “They have different numbers!”

“Cor-rect!” Tooted Thomas, “Smurfs, Donald is the 9# engine, and Douglas is the #10 engine.”

“Wow.” Remarked the Smurfs.

“But Thomas,” Brainy spoke up, “Is there even a #8 engine?”

“Yes, there is.” Thomas said sadly, “And there’s also a #11 engine. But they’re not here on the island right now. They’re sent to work for another railway at England. And we don’t know when they’re puffing back.” And he let out a sad wheesh of steam. “[Steam wheeshing]”

“Oh, Thomas, we’re very sorry.” Said Smurfette respectfully.

“Ah, don’t despair, Thomas our lad.” Donald puffed cheerfully.

“They will puff back someday.” Added Douglas.

“And I hope so, too.” Said Thomas, and felt much better.

“Now that’s what I smurf, “Smurfing at the bright side”.” Said Papa happily.

“Alright then.” Thomas tooted, “On to the next sight.”

“And we’re smurfy ready, Thomas!” Cheered Snappy.

“And it’s smurfy to meet you, Donald and Douglas.” Said Hefty grandly.

“And the same to us, too.” Said the Twins.

“Psst, Thomas.” Whispered Grouchy.

“Yes, Grouchy?” Thomas murmured.

“Please, smurf them where James is?” Said Grouchy pleasingly

“Of course.” Thomas said gladly, and he turned to the Twins. “Have you two seen James today?” He asked.

“Aye, yes.” Answered Donald.

“And the red laddie is feeling under the wee bad weather right now.” Added Douglas.

“Well, that answers your question.” Whispered Thomas to Grouchy.

Grouchy is now feeling even more glum, sorry, and terrible than ever.

“Well, it’s time to go.” Whistled Thomas to the Twins.

“Bye, Donald. Bye, Douglas.” The Smurfs chimed.

“Ta-Ta, Smurfs.” The Twins tooted.

And with a wheesh of steam, Thomas chuffed happily away.
[Note: The #8 and #11 engines are Duck and Oliver, and they have not been seen since Season 7.]

The next sight that Thomas and the Smurfs came upon, is a very landscaping valley.

“And this is Shen Valley.” Thomas said as he guides.

“Rhone Valley!” Amazed Painter, “I’ll…”

“I know.” Interrupted Thomas, “You’re gonna paint this sight, too.”

“Touche, Monsieur Thomas.” Chuckled Painter, and he immediately started painting.

“Well, Grouchy, isn’t it smurfy?” Said Smurfette kindly to the now-not-so-negative Smurf.

Grouchy looked at the valley. And then turned to Smurfette. “It’s… It’s… [SIGH] It’s smurfy indeed.” He said softly.

Smurfette was pleased that Grouchy had said something positive, but it took a lot of guts for him to say it.

But Papa felt proud for Grouchy. “Atta smurf, Grouchy.” He said to himself happily.

Just then, there was a commontion. “Ohhh!”

It was Greedy, he was moaning and placing his hands on his stomach.

“What’s the matter?” Thomas asked in concern.

“I’m hungry, Thomas.” Moaned Greedy, and his stomach began to mumble. “[Stomach mumbling]”

“In fact, we’re all hungry.” Added Hefty.

And the Smurfs’ stomachs are mumbling also. “[Stomachs mumbling]”

“And it’s been a long time since we last ate.” Said Papa.

But Thomas remembered something. “Farmer McColl’s farm is just around the line.” He puffed cheerfully, “And I’m sure you all will get something to eat while we get there.”

“Oh, thank you, Thomas.” Greedy said thankfully.

“And of course, Toby is there, too.” Handy replied.

“And let’s smurf he’s still there.” Brainy added.

“Well, only one way to find out.” Said Thomas doubtfully. “And Painter, are you finished with your painting?”

“Oui, I am.” Said Painter.

“Alright, let’s go.” Whistled Thomas, and as quick as Gordon, he chuffed off to Farmer McColl’s.

But, as Thomas races down the line, the commontion is getting worse. But this time, it was from Baby Smurf. He’s been whimpering for hunger the most. “[Baby Smurf whimpering for hunger.]”

“Oh dear.” Smurfette groaned, “Baby is getting more hungry .”

“And I think it’s impossible to smurf some milk around here.” Brainy moaned.

“And Baby won’t have the patience to wait.” Added Clumsy.

“Don’t worry.” Whistled Thomas, “There’s a dairy along the line, and I’ll stop there to pick up some milk.”

“Once again, thank you, Thomas.” Said Hefty thankfully.

Baby Smurf was delighted.

And Thomas beamed with pride, and could’ve been more helpful.

And in no time, Thomas arrived at the dairy. “One bottle of milk, please.” He puffed pleasingly.

The dairy worker handed the bottle of milk to Thomas, and placed it inside his cab.

“Thank you.” Thomas tooted, and set off once more.

And in no time, Baby Smurf was finally fed. Even the Smurfs had some of the milk also.

And luckily, Grandpa managed to have Baby Smurf’s bottle that he had it stored in his big long beard.

Thomas watched as Baby Smurf sips the milk from his bottle.

“Ohh, he’s so adorable when he’s being fed.” Thomas puffed attentively.

And at last, Thomas and the Smurfs arrived at Farmer McColl’s. And with luck, Toby is still there. Thomas stopped right beside him.

“Hello, Thomas.” Ranged Toby. “Hello, Smurfs.”

“Hello, Toby.” The Smurfs chimed.

“And thank smurfness you’re still here.” Said Greedy.

Toby was puzzled. “Why would I?” He said.

“We’re hungry, that’s why!” Snappy snapped.

“Snappy!” The Smurfs hissed.

“Sor-ry.” Said Snappy shamefully.

“Oh dear.” Toby steamed, “But don’t worry, my trucks are filled with fresh picked fruits and vegetables.”

The Smurfs looked at Toby’s trucks, and indeed it’s filled with fruits and vegetables that are fresh for marketing.

“Alright!” Greedy said excitedly, “Let’s eat!”

“Not so fast.” Warned Toby, “You all can take only one thing. I don’t want the market people to find out that their food have been disappeared by some “ghouts”.”

“Ahh.” Moaned the Smurfs, and they felt depressed.

But Papa agreed with Toby. “Toby is right, my little Smurfs. And we don’t want Toby to smurf some confusion and delay.” He said respectfully, and he sounded more like the Fat Controller.

The Smurfs agreed with Papa, and they don’t want to see Toby getting into trouble.

Greedy though for a moment, and started to think on how to solve this problem. But then, an idea popped into his head.

“Hey! I know what to smurf!” Greedy replied, “By smurfing one of every vegetable, I’ll smurf a salad!”

“Smurfy idea, Greedy!” Said Handy grandly.

And the other Smurfs all think so too.

Thomas and Toby are very impressed with Greedy’s way of thinking.

“Now that’s what I called, “using your “smurf””.” Said Toby happily, and he and Thomas had to giggle. “[Engines giggling]”

So one by one, the Smurfs picked one different vegetable from Toby’s trucks, and brought them up to Greedy.

Greedy pulled out his cooking utensils from his hat and got started on making the salad. And no time, he finally finished.

“Ta-da!” Greedy announced, “Our new time-traveling dish, Sodor Island salad!”

“Oooh!” The Smurfs said amazingly.

“Now zhat’s what I smurfed, Salade du jour!” Said Painter impressively.

“And to make it taste smurfier,” Greedy added, “I have some salad dressing.”

“Boy, you’re always full of surprises, Greedy.” Chuckled Thomas.

“And I think so, too.” Said Toby.

Greedy couldn’t help but beam with pride.

And so, the Smurfs are now eating and enjoying their new time-travel meal. Even stubborn Grouchy had some of it too.

Thomas and Toby are surprised to see that they’re eating very fast.

“Steaming pistons, they sure are hungry.” Amazed Toby.

“And if they puff that up, they’ll get the hiccups.” Said Thomas.

But at last, the Smurfs are finished with their meals.

“Boy, that was smurfy. [HICCUP!]” Said Greedy, sounding very full as he let out just one hiccup.

“You smurf it, Greedy.” Agreed Snappy. “[HICCUP!] Excuse me.”

“Well,” Toby ranged, “I hope you Smurfs have more room, how about some fruit?”

“Well, we could smurf just one little fruit.” Said Papa.

But the Smurfs looked at Toby’s trucks, and they could see that there’s not one of their favorite food, which is indeed, smurfberries.

The Smurfs sigh in depression “[Smurfs sighing]”

“What’a the matter?” Asked Toby.

“Oh, it’s nothing really.” Answered Smurfette.

“It’s just that…” Handy replied, “There are no smurfberries on your trucks, Toby.”

“Smurfberries?” Puzzled Toby.

“Is that what you Smurfs eat at your time period?” Thomas puffed.

“Oh, yes.” Replied Hefty.

“And we can smurf anything from smurfberries, just you name it!” Said Greedy happily.

“Well, I can image.” Giggled Thomas.

“Me, too.” Said Toby,. “But, I’m truly am sorry, Smurfs. There are no smurfberries here on Sodor.” He said sadly.

“It’s alright, Toby.” Said Papa cheerfully, “We always manage without it, anyway.”

“Well, if you say so.” Toby puffed happily. “So, how about a substitute?”

“Uh, what do you mean, Toby?” Wondered Clumsy.

“I mean that instead of having smurfberries for a while,” Toby explained, “How about some other berries?”

“Well, what do you have, Toby?” Brainy asked.

“Well, let’s see.” Answered Toby, “I have strawberries, gooseberries, cranberries, blackberries, and any kind of berries that I have.”

“Well, in that case,” Said Greedy, “We’ll have all but one each.”

“And we’ll share some, too.” Vanity added.

Thomas and Toby smiled.

So, one by one, the Smurfs picked one of some of the berries, and they began eating some. And they also indeed share some for each other, even Grouchy.

“Ah, now that was smurfy.” Vanity said relaxedly.

“And now I’m feeling full.” Added Painter.

“And so do us, too.” Said the other Smurfs.

“Well, I’m glad you all enjoy your meals.” Said Thomas grandly, “But before we go, you all should thank Toby for everything.”

“Ok, Thomas.” Said Snappy.

But as the Smurfs turned to Toby, they can see that he’s looking at something else.

Toby is looking at the farm, he was watching the farm workers gathering the farm animals at the barnyard. Toby loves Farmer McColl’s farm, he likes to watch the animals wondering around the farm and do things to keep the farm busy.

Toby let out a relaxing sigh. “Hmmmm.” He wheeshed.

The Smurfs now seen everything, and one of them spoke to Toby.

“Gee, Toby. You really like the farm, don’t you?” Handy replied.

“Oh, yes.” Toby responded, “Farmer McColl’s farm is my all-time favorite place on the island. And I just love to watch the animals wondering around the farm.”

“You know, Toby.” Hefty spoke up, “We have a friend back at our village that loves to smurf farming, too.”

“Really, now!” Toby ranged excitedly, “What’s his name?”

“His name is Farmer.” Added Brainy, “He plants the crops for us and helps organize the harvest.”

“Wow.” Toby remarked, “But, he doesn’t have any farm animals, does he?”

“No, ‘fraid not.” Said Lazy.

“But he doez have a barn.” Replied Painter.

“Oh, I wish I would like to meet Farmer.” Toby sighed.

Suddenly, Greedy felt worried, “Toby,” He said, “I hope those fruits and vegetables won’t get smurfed, or they’ll never get fresh for the people of Sodor.”

“Don’t worry, Greedy.” Toby puffed, “A tram engine like me always have to go slow and steady, and that really relaxes me, too.”

“Smurfing of all those words,” Snappy spoke up, “We also have a friend that has the same smurfonality as you, Toby.”

“Bouncing buffers, tell me more!” Amazed Toby.

“His name is Slouchy.” Sassette replied, “And he’s a Smurfling like me and Snappy.”

“And he’s not the eager type of Smurfling.” Snappy added, “And always smurf things slow and steady.”

“And he’s also a very calm and relaxing Smurfling, too.” Said Sassette.

“Oh, and I wish I would like to meet Slouchy, too.” Toby wheeshed, “And it’s ashamed that they didn’t come with you, Smurfs.”

“But at least those two are safe at our village, anyway.” Said Papa positively. “From harm’s way that is.”

Toby have to agree and respect Papa’s safety wishes.

Just then, Handy notice something. “Say, Toby, is that your coach, Henrietta?” He wondered.

“Yes, how did you know?” Stunned Toby.

“Ohh, a little blue steam engine smurfed us.” Hefty giggled.

“Oh.” Said Toby, “Well, I told her everything, so say hello to her.”

The Smurfs turned to Henrietta. “Hello, Henrietta.” They chimed.

“Hello.” Hernietta chirped, “And it’s nice to meet you.”

“Same to us, too.” Said the Smurfs.

“Well, come along now.” Thomas tooted, “There’s still a lot of sights to see around Sodor.”

“Alright, Thomas.” Said Papa, and he turned to Toby. “Thanks for the hospitality, Toby.”

“The pleasure is mine.” Toby said grandly.

“Smurf you later, Toby. Bye, Henrietta.” Chimed the Smurfs.

“”Smurf” you all later too, Smurfs.” Ranged Toby.

“Bye, Smurfs.” Said Henrietta.

So with two toots, “[PEEP! PEEP!]” Thomas chuffed off and continued on with the tour. And Toby ranged his bell. “[DING-DING! DING-DING!]”

But, as Thomas chuffs along the line, Grouchy is still very eager to find James and want to apologize to him honestly and sincerely. But he’s getting a worried and doubtful feeling that he will never get the chance. But, Grouchy was still determine that he will get the chance, and pray that it will happen. Don’t you?

(Amtrak Smurf): Will Grouchy ever find James and apologize to him? Don’t despair, Smurf fans, we’ll find out soon enough.

Fun facts: From Thomas and Friends.
1: Here are more different english ways. A person that is in charge of a passenger train. In British, it’s “guard”, in American, it’s “conductor”. And, for a junction track. British,“points”, American, “switches”.
2: When Thomas told the Smurfs that once Emily is afraid doing the Black Loch run, it was from the Season 8 episode: Emily’s New Route.
3: When Percy used his super loud whistle, it was from the Season 8 episode: Percy's New Whistle.
(You can see these two episodes on Youtube.com)

From The Smurfs.
1: Tuffy’s only appearance is on Season 4 with four episodes. They are; Gargamel’s Giant, Lazy’s Slumber Party, The Smurfbox Derby, and The Trojan Smurf. (And you can see these episodes on AOL’s video search panel, under the Tudou channel)
2: When Papa told Thomas that he does have human friends that are good, it was from the “Characters in The Smurfs” section on Wikipedia.com.

--------------------

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-22-2008 10:34 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
[MOAN] NOT AGAIN, PLEASE! [Frown]

--------------------

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-29-2008 11:09 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'M STARTING TO LOOSE MY TEMPER HERE! [Mad]

--------------------

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-30-2008 10:50 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Pretty Good Amtrak!! It's nice to see the soft side of Grouchy every once in a while.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-31-2008 01:18 AM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Smurfty1For2, you have a lot of catching up to do, starting from Chapter 6! [Frown]

--------------------

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-10-2008 10:41 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Cool Smurf and Marianamersmurf, I waiting for you two!

--------------------

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-11-2008 05:12 AM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks for the chapter, Amtrak Smurf. [Cool]

I read it and enjoyed it a lot. [Big Grin]

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-15-2008 12:46 AM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Calling, Marianamersmurf!

--------------------

Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-17-2008 06:56 PM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Great continuation, Amtrak Smurf. Can't wait to read how the conflict will be solved.

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-18-2008 04:21 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Well, finally you two respond. And as for you Marianamersmurf, Grouchy and James' argument will be solved on Chapter 10. So hang on for a while, 'kay.

--------------------

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-27-2008 09:31 AM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 9 will be arriving next. And still, same notices and same warnings.

--------------------

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-02-2008 06:18 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 9: Smurfing The Island Pt. 2.

As we left off from the previous chapter, Thomas and Emily had set off to do their jobs of giving the visitors(and the Smurfs!) a tour around the Island of Sodor. But, they have different route assignments, and the two Engines went their separate ways. And Thomas had showed the Smurfs the wonderful sights around the island, and they really enjoyed it. Even Grouchy, which he’s trying so hard to cheer himself up. During the tour, Thomas and the Smurfs have met along with Percy, and Toby. And the Smurfs have met some other friends of Thomas, which are Billy, Rosie, and the Twins, Donald and Douglas. Well, that’s just the better part, now here’s the worse. James arrived at Brendam Docks to fetch his slow goods train, which is the job that he really and truly hates. Salty tried cheering him up by having a conversation with him, but even though, it didn’t cheer James up, and he’s still feeling miserable. Then suddenly, the troublesome trucks started laughing at James, and this made him cross and give them a bump. And this had lead to Cranky teasing him, and has given the #5 engine the nickname, “Grouchy James”, and this had lead James reaching the same bad-temper level as Grouchy Smurf. Now this going to be very long day for James to overcome it, but like I said, when he sees Grouchy, that will soon change. And Grouchy is still eager to find James and want to apologize to him very sincerely, but he’s getting a worried that he won’t get that chance, but he’s praying that it will happen. Don’t you think so? But for now, let’s continue on with tour that Thomas is showing to the Smurfs.

After touring the Black Loch run along the branch line, Thomas arrived at the junction and is now entering the main line.

The Smurfs notice it.

“Hmm, something smurfs me that we’re changing routes.” Brainy said in concern.

“You got that right, Brainy.” Thomas puffed, “Since we toured along the branch line, my next assignment is now, touring along the main line.”

“And that way we can smurf more of the sights around Sodor!” Snappy cheered.

“That’s right, Snappy.” Thomas giggled. “So you Smurfs just sit back enjoy more of Sodor.” And he pumped his pistons and chuffed off feeling very, “smurfy”!

Just then, the little blue tank engine and the little blue time-travelers came upon an enormous bridge.

“Sacre architecture!” Surprised Painter.

“That is one big bridge!” Added Hefty.

“Indeed it is.” Tooted Thomas, “This is the Sodor Island Suspension Bridge.”

“Suspension bridge?” Pondered Handy, “What’s that?”

“Well,” Thomas explained, “This type of bridge is having a deck suspended from cables anchored as extremities and usually raised on towers.”

“Whoa.” Amazed Handy, “Well, the bridge we have back at home, is only made out of wood.”

“Sounds like you have yourselves a wood bridge.” Thomas replied.

“Yeah, that’s it.” Said Handy.

“Now I’ll add zhe bridge in my smurfolio.” Painter said impressively, and he started painting it.

“Whoa, here we smurf!” Squealed Clumsy.

The Smurfs watched as Thomas steadily chuffs across the bridge.

“Hey, everysmurf! Look!” Snappy shouted.

The Smurfs looked down. “OH MY!” They said amazingly.

“What’s the elevation?” Brainy wondered.

“Ohh, about 500 ft.” Said Thomas.

“5-5-5-500 ft.?!” Hefty stuttered frightfully. “Ohhhh!”

“Oh no! Hefty, you’re fear of heights is smurfing back!” Cried Handy.

“THANKS FOR NOTICING!” Shouted Hefty.

“Don’t worry!” Whistled Thomas, “Just don’t look down! We’re almost across!”

“Please, hurry!” Hefty begged.

But no time, Thomas has reached the other side of the bridge.

“There, it’s over.” Thomas puffed.

“Phew! Thank smurfness.” Said Hefty in relief, and he took one deep breath for feeling glad. “[Inhale, Exhale]”

“Alright, then. Let’s keep on puffing and “smurfing”.” Thomas tooted.

“Smurf the way, Thomas.” Snappy cheered.

“But, just as long we don’t have to smurf across from something very high.” Quivered Hefty.

“Of course, Hefty.” Said Thomas cheerfully, “Engine’s honor.”

Hefty was happy and felt much better.

And Thomas continued on along the main line.

Along the way, Thomas has to stop at Abbey Station. The visitors all want to get some refreshments from the station’s refreshments stand. This gives Thomas the chance for a rest.

Brainy is reading the sign of the station. “This station is, Abbey Station.” He pronounced.

“Mmm, smurfy name for another station.” Said Smurfette.

Greedy is watching the visitors enjoying the refreshments at the station’s refreshments stand.

The cook Smurf couldn‘t help himself. “Uhh! I want some refreshments, too!” Complained Greedy.

“But you just ate, Greedy.” Thomas puffed, “How could you be even more hungry?”

“Well, Thomas.” Brainy moaned, “Knowing Greedy, he can smurf anything at anytime.”

“Bother, no wonder Papa Smurf named him Greedy.” Snorted Thomas.

Suddenly, Handy saw something and spoke up. “Hey, everysmurf!” He shouted, “Smurf ever there!”

The Smurfs turned and looked. “Whoo!” They said amazingly.

There, at a siding, is an Engine and another one of Thomas’ friends. But this Engine is different, it’s a diesel engine, and her name is Mavis the Quarry Diesel Engine. And she’s also known as a tram diesel, dispite that she has cowcatchers at both ends and her wheels are hidden by side-plates at both sides, just like Toby’s. Also, Mavis is not like the other diesel engines, she’s friendly and kind to the steam engines, just like Salty.

Mavis saw Thomas and began talking to him. “Hello, Thomas.” She hooted.

“Hello, Mavis.” Tooted Thomas.

“Mavis?” Said the Smurfs.

“As in, another Engine that is a girl?” Smurfette added.

“You betcha.” Said Thomas. “Why don’t you all say hello to her.”

The Smurfs turned to Mavis and greeted her. “Hello, Mavis.” They chimed.

“And hello to you too, Smurfs.” Tooted Mavis, “Toby told me so much about you.”

But, Handy looks concern and curious. “Thomas,” He replied to the #1 engine. “Yet, another one of your friends looks different.”

“And she doesn’t look like a steam engine, too.” Added Sassette.

“Your right, Sassette.” Thomas puffed, “Mavis is not a steam engine at all.”

“And one question is, why?” Said Brainy.

“That’s because I’m a diesel engine.” Explained Mavis.

“A diesel engine?” Confused Handy, “What’s that?”

“Well, here are three differences between a steam engine and a diesel engine.” Said Thomas.

“First of all,” Thomas began, “You all know that we steam engines run on coal and water.”

“Well, yes.” The Smurfs said.

“Well,” Mavis spoke up, “We diesel engines run on fuel and oil.”

“Oh, well we know what oil is.” Handy replied, “But, what’s fuel?”

“Fuel is liquid like water.” Thomas puffed.

“But,” Mavis hooted, “Fuel is an energy source liquid that powers up diesel engines.”

“Ohh.” Handy understood, even his fellow Smurfs know it too.

“Second, you all know that we steam engines have whistles.” Thomas peeped.

“Uh-huh.” Said the Smurfs.

“Well, we diesel engines have horns.” Tooted Mavis.

“Ooh, can we smurf it?” Smurfette said pleasingly.

Mavis let out two toots for her horn. “[TOOT! TOOT!]”

“Ooh, smurfy sound.” Said Smurfette impressively.

“And way smurfier than Harmony’s trumpet.” Whispered Hefty to his fellow Smurfs.

The another Smurfs couldn’t help but giggle. “[Smurfs giggling]”

Even Grouchy couldn’t help it too. “[Grouchy giggling quietly]”

“And lastly.” Steamed Thomas, “You all know that we steam engines puff out steam.”

“Yes, of course.” Replied the Smurfs.

“But,” Said Mavis, “We diesel engines burn out black smoke.”

“Ugh! Smoke is bad for our smurfs.” Disgusted Sassette.

“I HATE smoke, too!” Agreed Grouchy.

“But don’t worry,” Mavis purred cheerfully, “We only burn smoke whenever we diesel engines have a mechanical problems.”

“Phew! Thank smurfness.” Said Sassette in relief.

“And that my little blue friends,” Puffed Thomas, “Is the differences between a steam engine and a diesel engine.”

“Gee, thanks, Thomas.” Said Brainy grandly.

“And you too, Mavis.” Added Smurfette.

“You’re welcome.” Said Thomas.

“My pleasure.” Added Mavis.

Just then, the visitors had finished their refreshments and they reboard Annie and Clarabel.

“Visitors back on board!” Chimed the coaches.

“Alright, it’s time to go.” Whistled Thomas.

“Ok, Thomas.” Said the Smurfs.

“And it’s smurftainly smurfy to smurf you, Mavis.” Smurfette said grandly.

“Me too.” Added Sassette.

“Bye, Mavis.” Chimed the Smurfs.

“Bye, Smurfs.” Tooted Mavis, “And it’s certainly nice to meet you all, too. And I should get going, also.” She added. “Later, Thomas.”

“Later, Mavis.” Thomas peeped.

And with two toots from her horn, “[TOOT! TOOT!]” Mavis purred away.

“Well, that’s three girl Engines smurfed.” Smurfette said excitedly.

“And one more to smurf.” Added Sassette.

“Well, if you two find her.” Thomas puffed. “But for now, let’s continue on.”

And with two toots from his whistle, “[PEEP! PEEP!]” Thomas puffed away.

“Gee, Thomas.” Snappy spoke up, “Everywhere we smurf, we smurf more and more of your friends.”

“Well, my little pushy blue friend,” Thomas puffed, “There’s still more where that came from.”

“Wow.” Said Snappy.

“Well, I wonder who we’ll smurf next?” Sassette said sweetly.

“Well, let’s “smurf” out, shall we?” Chuckled Thomas, and with his wheels spinning rapidly, he sped down along the main line.

[Background song #3 plays]

And would you know it, The Smurfs have met more of Thomas’ friends on the Island of Sodor.

[Song starts]

[Girl #1]:
WE CAN DO ANYTHING
JUST YOU AND ME BABY, BABY, BABY
WAIT AND SEE

[Girl #2]:
HOLD ON, SIT TIGHT
ARE YOU READY FOR A CRAZY RIDE?
YOUR ON YOUR OWN, IT AIN’T RIGHT
SOMETHINGS GOTTA GIVE TONIGHT

[Music continues]

First up, Thomas introduced the Smurfs to Bill and Ben the Quarry Twins. The Smurfs are surprised to see two more Engines that are alike.
[Bill and Ben are small yellow tank engines and they do not have numbers]

Next, the Smurfs met Whiff the Scruffy Engine. Brainy was surprised to see an Engine wearing glasses. But, as the Smurfs and Thomas passed by him, the strong smell of rubbish from his trucks had flow through their noses.
[Whiff is a small dark green tank engine that wears glasses(the only Engine to do so) and carries the #66 on both of his sides and has a two-tone whistle]

“OHH, YUCK!” The Smurfs reacted as they all cover their noses.

“I know!” Thomas snorted while holding his nose, “I should’ve warn you all about that!”

“I HATE THE SMELL OF RUBBISH!” Complained Grouchy while holding his nose.

And then, the Smurfs met Arthur the Maroon Engine. They can see that he’s pulling trucks of fish to Brendam Docks.
[Arthur is a big maroon tank engine and does not have a number]

Thomas was disgusted. “Ugh. I hate the smell of fish.” He sniffed crossly.

“I HATE the smell of fish, too!” Agreed Grouchy as he again covered his nose.

But for a while, Thomas continued on along the main line.

[Song continues]

[Girl #3]:
SO IF YOU WANT TO RUN
RUN AND DISAPPEAR

[Girl 4#]:
YOU AND I CAN BUST
OUR WAY OUT OF HERE

[Chorus 2X]:
TOGETHER WE CAN
SHOOT THE MOON, STOP THE RAIN
EVEN RIDE A HURRICANE
IF WE WANNA

TOGETHER WE CAN
WALK INTO SPACE
SAVE THE HUMAN RACE
DO YOU THINK WE OUGHTA? OUGHTA?

[Music continues]

But even though, Thomas told the Smurfs that some of his friends are non-rail contraptions. This made them confuse, but they’re very excited about it.

Along the line at a crossing, the Smurfs met Bertie the Bus.

Thomas let out two toots from his whistle. “[PEEP! PEEP!]”

And Bertie let out two beeps from his horn. “[BEEP, BEEP!]”

Handy told Thomas that Bertie reminded him of his invention, the smurf wagon.(But even though, it’s a RV!)

Next, along the line next to a road, Thomas introduced the Smurfs to Elizabeth the Quarry Lorry.

Elizabeth give the Smurfs two honks from her horn “[HONK! HONK!]”

Sassette and Smurfette were pleased to see a non-rail contraption that is a girl.

And it’s ashame that Handy doesn’t have an invention that looks like Elizabeth. If he does, he would call it, the quarry smurfer.

Then, Thomas and the Smurfs stopped by at Dryaw Airfield Station, were the little blue tykes met Harold the Helicopter. And they watched as Harold took off to the sky and hovered away.

Handy is again ashamed that he doesn’t have an invention that looks like Harold. And again, if he does, he would call it, the helismurfer… or the smurfcopter.

And finally, at Sodor Airport Station, Thomas introduced the Smurfs to Jeremy the Jet Plane. And they and Thomas watched as Jeremy speed down the runway, and took off to the sky. “[Sound of a jet plane taking off]”

The sound of Jeremy’s loud jet engines made the Smurfs jump. “WHOA!” They shouted.

And again, but on the positive side, Handy told Thomas that Jeremy reminded him of his other invention, the smurfplane… or the airsmurfer.

“Boy, you sure do have a lot of friends, Thomas.” Hefty replied.

“Both rail and non-rail contraptions.” Added Handy.

“And they’re very smurfy, too.” Put in Smurfette.

“Thank you, Smurfs.” Said Thomas grandly, “And I’m glad you all like them, too.”

“[Sigh] And I like your friends too, Thomas.” Grouchy whispered.

“I know you do, Grouchy.” Said Thomas quietly, and he still is keeping it to himself.

And so on, Thomas and the Smurfs continued on with the tour around the Island of Sodor.

[Song continues]

[Girl #1]:
IF WE TAKE OUR TIME
WE CAN HAVE IT ALL

[Girl #2]:
I DON’T THINK WERE
GONNA MAKE IT ON OUR OWN

[Chorus]:
TOGETHER WE CAN
SHOOT THE MOON, STOP THE RAIN
EVEN RIDE A HURRICANE
IF WE WANNA

TOGETHER WE CAN
WALK INTO SPACE
SAVE THE HUMAN RACE
DO YOU THINK WE OUGHTA? OUGHTA?

TOGETHER WE CAN!

[Music and song stops]

“[PEEP! PEEP!]”

Meanwhile, James is still having the worse day of is life. During his truly hated job, he had picked up more and more trucks at each station, and he now has a very long and heavy slow goods train, with a total of 12 trucks rattling behind him. And the worse part is, the troublesome trucks had been singing and teasing rudely at him all day long. James tried his best to ignore them, but the trucks just kept on going on and on and on at him all this time.

“I hate slow goods, I hate slow goods, I hate slow goods!” Grumbled James.

Suddenly, the trucks kept on singing. “A ROOT TOOT TOE, WE’RE GOING SLOW, AND STILL GROUCHY JAMES IS FEELING VERY LOW!”

James grew crosser and crosser with his face getting redder and redder. And he couldn’t hold his temper for long now!

The trucks began singing once more. “A REET TEET TEE, WE’RE SO FIESTY, AND WE TRUCKS LIKE TO MAKE JAMES VERY GROUCHY!”

“THAT DOES IT!” Roared James, and he came to a screehing halt. “[Brakes screeching]”

“Ohh-hhh.” Teased the first six trucks, “Looks like Grouchy James have had enough of us.”

“Ready to surrender?” Said the last six trucks.

“NO!” Shouted James, “I’M READY TO DO… THIS!!” And he give the trucks the biggest biff! “[KA-BANG!]”

“Ohhh! Ohhh!” Cried the trucks.

“THERE!” Hissed James, “IT’LL KEEP YOU ALL QUIET SO I CAN GET THIS DIRTY JOB OVER WITH!” And with an angry hiss of steam, he set off once more.

But, after James give them that biff, the trucks are getting very cross. “Soooo,” They grumbled, “Grouchy James doesn’t want us to sing and tease him, huh? Fine. We’ll do something much worse to him. It’s time for Plan B, our most troublesome trick of all, the same one that we did to him five years ago. Heh, heh, heh.” So they began making their plan by whispering to each other.

And James is unaware of it as he kept on chuffing along the main line, not knowing that the trucks are planning their most troublesome trick on him for bumping them so hard. And this will soon lead to dramatic changes when this happens, for Grouchy and James.

Back at the other far side of the main line, Thomas and the Smurfs are still enjoying themselves enormously. But up ahead, the engine #1 has to stop at a red signal.

“Uhhh, not again!” Snapped Snappy, “What is it this time?!”

“That’s because it’s this signal.” Explained Thomas, “That’s why I’ve stopped.”

“Gee, that is one strange looking signal.” Replied Brainy.

“Who cares!” Shouted Snappy, “Come on! Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go!”

“I can’t!” Thomas huffed impatiently, “It’s red!”

“What?” Said Snappy puzzlingly, and this made him stop being pushy.

“And this smurfs for another explanation.” Added Brainy.

“Well,” Thomas responded, “The kind of signals from your time period, has evolved into these new generation of signals. And this signal is built for trains.”

“Ooh.” The Smurfs reacted.

“Whoa.” Said Grouchy softly.

“Now Snappy, and you Smurfs, listen and look.” Thomas began, “You see, when the signal is down and red, it means a train has to stop. And that signal next to it, it’s half way up and yellow, it means a train has to slow down and proceed with caution. And finally, that signal right on top, it’s up and green, it means a train can go and it’s clear to proceed.”

“Whoa.” Said the Smurfs, and they are very impressed, even Grouchy.

“Now do you understand, Snappy?” Thomas puffed.

“Oh yes, Thomas.” Snappy replied, “And I truly do.”

“Well, good for you.” Said Thomas grandly.

“But still,” Added Snappy, “Why did we stop?”

“I don’t know.” Thomas said puzzlingly, “But we’ll soon find out.”

And they just found out now.

Suddenly, Spencer the Silver Bullet Engine, is speeding down the line with such speed. “Out of the way!” He shouted, “Royal train coming through!” And he sped pass Thomas and the Smurfs with a dash! “[ZOOM!]”

“WHOA!” Cried Thomas.

“WHOAAA!” Cried the Smurfs, and the force of the dash almost nearly knock themselves off of Thomas.

“Oops, sorry!” Spencer said sarcastically, “But I can’t stop to chat, I’m on royal duty!” And with a dash, he disappered.
[Besides the Silver coat, Spencer is a big tender engine]

Thomas was cross. “Stuck up silver show-off.” He muttered.

“Wow! Who’s that very fast Engine?!” Surprised Hefty.

“That’s Spencer.” Grumbled Thomas, “And he’s a no-good show-off, and he thinks he’s better than us.”

“Well, thank smurfness I’m not like him.” Replied Vanity, “I’m not the kind of Smurf who boasts very unsmurfy. And, he doesn’t even need a mirror for himself.”

“But don’t worry,” Thomas chuffed, “Spencer does not live here and was not owned by the Sodor railway. He belongs to a duke and duchess, which makes him a private Engine.”

“Well, at least you’re still smurfy with that.” Replied Snappy.

“Oh, I am.” Said Thomas. “But still, his boastfulness really annoys us.”

“Ohh! What an unsmurfy Engine!” Hissed Smurfette.

“I HATE Spencer! And his unsmurfy boastfulness!” Grouchy said negatively.

“So do me and my friends.” Agreed Thomas.

Grouchy was pleased that Thomas has some things to hate. And he also likes when someone agrees with him.

“But, on the bright side,” Thomas puffed cheerfully, “Spencer’s boastfulness does lead him to foolishness and misery.”

“Now that’s a thing to smurf at! Hahahahaha!” Chuckled Jokey.

“Yes. Yes it is.” Thomas agreed.

Just the, the signal went up and turned green.

“Look.” Tooted Thomas, “The signal’s up and green.”

“That means we can go!” Snappy Cheered.

“That’s right!” Giggled Thomas, “Now, off we “smurf“!” And with two toots, “[PEEP! PEEP!]” the #1 engine set off feeling happy and grand.

Along the line, Thomas and the Smurfs stumbled upon a beautiful evergreen forest.

“Sacre green!” Squealed Painter, “This forest is so smurfy for me to paint.” And he got started right away.

“[Sigh] It resmurfs us of our forest back at home.” Sighed Smurfette.

Thomas was depressed, “Oh dear, every time I show them a sight, they get even more homesick.” He said sadly.

“Don’t dessmurf, Smurfette.” Replied Sassette, “We’ll smurf our way home soon.”

“I hope so.” Said Smurfette doubtfully, and she and Sassette gave each other a cheerful hug. “But for now, I’ll ensmurf my myself in this time period.” She said happily.

This made Thomas pleased. “Now that’s the “smurfy” spirit.” He said to himself.

“Hmm?” Pondered Brainy, which he has something in his mind. “Something smurfs about the forest.”

“And what is that, Brainy?” Thomas puffed.

“Well, I think one of your friends is suppose to be in the forest.” Said Brainy. “But who?”

“Well, can you guess who it is?” Quizzed Thomas.

Brainy though hard. But suddenly, he was stumped. “Oh, smurfs! I don’t know.” He groaned.

“Well, I know who.” Snappy replied.

“Oh, really?” Brainy snorted, “Who?”

“Henry!” Said Snappy.

“Well, Thomas,” Brainy said to the #1 engine, “Is he right?”

“Yes!” Tooted Thomas, “It is Henry. And I’m sure he’s still here.”

“Well, is he?” Wondered Hefty.

“I don’t knoo-ow.” Sang Thomas teasing, “Let’s find out, shall we?” And he kept on chuffing along the line.

And wouldn’t they know it, Henry is indeed still in the forest. The big green tender engine has stopped at a water tower taking on water. And he was pleased to see the Smurfs again.

“Hello, Thomas. Hello, Smurfs.” Henry whistled.

“Hello, Henry.” The Smurfs chimed.

“How things smurfin’?” Greedy asked.

“It’s “smurfy”, thank you.” Answered Henry.

Handy turned and could see that Henry’s flat-bed trucks are filled with fine cutted logs that he’s taking to the timber yard.

“Wow, with all those logs, they’re gonna smurf a lot of things.” Said Handy amazingly.

“Whoa, smurfy.” Agreed Hefty.

“Gee, Henry.” Brainy replied, “You sure smurfed a lot of logs.”

But Henry didn’t respond to Brainy.

“Umm, Henry?” Brainy called, “Didn’t you smurf me what I smurfed?”

But Henry still didn’t respond.

Brainy is annoyed. “HENRY!” He shouted.

“SHHH! Not so loud!” Hissed Thomas.

“But Henrys’ not resmurfing to me.” Groaned Brainy

“And the reason why,” Thomas huffed, “He’s having a peaceful moment now.”

“What?” Brainy said confusingly.

“He’s right, Brainy. Look.” Said Papa.

Brainy looked at Henry, and he could see that he’s indeed having a quiet moment. And he could also see that Henry is looking at something.

“What’s Henry smurfing at?” Wondered Brainy.

“He’s smurfing at… that.” Painter said irresistibly, and point it up.

And as Brainy looked at what Painter is pointing at, his mouth opened wide. “Bust my smurfs!” He said stunningly.

What the Smurfs is looking at on what Henry is also looking at, is a very tall tree, and that tree is the Tall Pine Tree.

Henry loves the Tall Pine Tree, it’s his favorite tree of all on Sodor.

Now the Smurfs had seen everything. One of them spoke to Henry.

“Gosh, Henry.” Clumsy spoke up, “That sure is one big tree there.”

“It is indeed, Clumsy.” Henry puffed, “This is the Tall Pine Tree, and it’s my all-time favorite tree on Sodor.”

“Well, Henry.” Papa replied, “We do too have a favorite tree back at home.”

“Really?” Henry wheeshed, “What is it?”

“It’s the Great Oak Tree.” Hefty replied.

“And we smurf that tree for a long time.” Added Handy.

“That’s wonderful.” Puffed Henry happily, “I’m very pleased that you Smurfs have a tree of your own.”

“Hmm, and do you like animals too, Henry?” Asked Snappy.

“Oh, yes.” Henry answered, “In fact, I love everything in the forest, and this what makes this place my all-time favorite.”

“[Giggling] That means that smurfs you a nature-loving Engine.” Sassette said sweetly.

“Yes, you can puff it that way.” Chuckled Henry.

“Well, Henry.” Snappy spoke up, “We have a friend back at home who loves nature, too.”

“How exciting!” Bubbled Henry, “Who is he?”

“His name is Natural.” Replied Sassette, “But we Smurfs call him, Nat.”

“And he’s a Smurfling like me and Sassette.” Added Snappy.

“And he really is a nature-loving Smurfling, and really cares for both animals and plants.” Said Sassette.

“How wonderful!” Tooted Henry. “A Smurfling who has the same personality like me.”

“Wait, Henry.” Hefty spoke up, “There’s more.”

“We have another friend that smurfs the same interest like you, too.” Handy added.

“Please, tell me!” Puffed Henry excitedly, “This is getting even more wonderful!”

“Ok. His name is Tracker.” Greedy replied.

“And he likes to smurf on nature walks, and smurfs a walking stick with him sometimes.” Added Lazy.

“And lasty,” Put in Jokey, “He can smurf the weather by smurfing with his nose.”

“Well, freeze my firebox!” Said Henry grandly, “And I wish I would like to meet Nat and Tracker. And it’s ashame that those two didn’t come along with you, Smurfs.”

“Well, Henry.” Papa said wisely, “As I smurf to the other Engines from their wishes, at least those two are safe at our village from harm’s way.”

Henry knew that Papa is right, and he respects the wizard Smurf’s safety wishes.

Just then, some animals appeared around the Tall Pine Tree. There are some squirrels on the tree, and some bunnies on the ground.

Wild and Smoogle are amazed and the two jumped off of Thomas and raced torwards the tree.

“Oh dear!” Wheeshed Henry.

“Wild, Smoogle, where you two going?!” Thomas shouted.

“It’s alright, you two.” Papa chuckled, “They just want to smurf to the animals.”

Thomas and Henry turned to the tree, and they and the Smurfs watched as the before-long-lost Smurf and Grandma’s pet mammal began chattering to the animals. “[Wild and Smoogle chattering]”

The Smurfs do understand on what Wild and Smoogle are saying. But to Thomas and Henry, they don’t.

“I wonder what they’re talking about?” Wondered Thomas.

“Peeps me.” Said Henry.

“Oh, but we do.” Giggled Smurfette.

“Well, whatever it is,” Thomas puffed, “I’m sure it’s splendid.”

“And this is the best moment during my peaceful time in the forest.” Chuffed Henry.

Suddenly, Thomas realized that the time has past. So he called to Wild and Smoogle. “[PEEP! PEEP!] Wild! Smoogle! It’s time to go!” He tooted.

Wild and Smoogle said good-bye to their new animal friends, and the two raced off and jumped aboard Thomas.

“Well, I should be going, too.” Henry whistled, “I have to take these logs to the timber yard.”

“Yes, Henry. We undersmurf.” Said Handy.

“Smurf you later, Henry.” Chimed the Smurfs.

“And I’ll “smurf” you later too, Smurfs.” Said Henry, and with two toots from his whistle, “[PEEP! PEEP!]” The #3 engine chuffed off to the timber yard.

And Thomas and the Smurfs set off along the main line to continue the tour on Sodor.

Further down the line, Thomas stopped at Wellsworth Station.

Brainy read the name on the station’s sign. “We’re now in, Wellsworth Station.” He pronounced.

“Once again, Wellsworths’ a smurfy name for this station.” Smurfette replied.

“Wellsworth?!” Handy said stunningly, “Hey, Edwards’ at Wellsworth!”

“But where is he? I don’t smurf him.” Wondered Hefty.

“He’s over there, Smurfs.” Said Thomas.

The Smurfs turned to their left, and there indeed is Edward.

“Hey, there he is!” Shouted Clumsy happily.

“Let’s smurf hello to him.” Said Snappy.

“I don’t think so, Snappy.” Thomas puffed seriously, “He looks very busy. Now it’s not the right time.”

“Well, can we smurf him then?” Snappy said pleasingly.

“As in watch, of course.” Said Thomas grandly.

“Uh. So, what he’s smurfing?” Wondered Clumsy.

“He’s shunting trucks, Clumsy.” Thomas chuffed.

“Hmm, shunting. That word still smurfs me.” Puzzled Brainy. “What does that mean anyway, Thomas?”

“Well, why don’t you all see it for yourself.” Suggested Thomas.

“Oh smurfy, another lesson to learn.” Sniffed Brainy moaningly. But secretly, he does want to learn.

So the Smurfs sat down and watched as Edward began shunting some trucks.

Edward puffed backwards and forwards as he sort out some trucks to their proper sidings. First, he shunted some coals trucks,… slate trucks,… stone trucks,… flour trucks,… and fruits and vegetables trucks. Next, he shunted some fuel tanker trucks,… oil tanker trucks,… tar tanker trucks,… and milk tanker trucks. And then, he shunted some flat-bed trucks with bricks,… flat-bed trucks with lumber,… and flat-bed trucks with steel. At long last, Edward had finished shunting the trucks in their proper sidings.

Edward was exhausted and stopped to rest. “Phew. There’s nothing like a great deal of shunting to make an old Engine feel young again.” He puffed proudly.

Now the Smurfs had seen everything and they are very impressed with Edward.

“Wow, did everysmurf smurf that?” Amazed Handy.

“Yes.” Replied Hefty, “Look at that way he smur… I mean, organize those trucks.”

“So, Thomas,” Brainy said to the #1 engine, “Does shunting mean sorting and organizing?”

“That’s correct, Brainy.” Puffed Thomas grandly, “Shunting does mean the act of an Engine pushing rolling stock in process of sorting and organizing them.”

Brainy couldn’t help but beam proudly.

Papa notice it. “I see you like this lesson, Brainy.” He said cleverly.

“Papa Smurf.” Blushed Brainy, and his face went pinker than ever.

And Thomas couldn’t help but laugh. “[Thomas laughing]”

“Hey, Edward stopped smurfing.” Replied Snappy, “Now can we smurf hello to him?”

“Yes you may, Snappy.” Chuckled Thomas.

Snappy and his fellow Smurfs turned to Edward. “Hello, Edward!” They called.

Edward heard them and let out two toots. “[PEEP! PEEP!]”

“Hey, Edward!” Handy shouted, “You’re smurfing a smurfy job!”

“And smurf up the smurfy work!” Added Hefty.

“Thank you, Smurfs!” Whistled Edward.

“Alright, now.” Thomas puffed, “It’s time to go.”

The Smurfs again turned to Edward. “Smurfio, Edward!” They chimed.

“Cheerio, Smurfs!” Tooted Edward.

And with two toots, “[PEEP! PEEP!]” Thomas chuffed and puffed away.

After leaving Wellsworth Station, Thomas and the Smurfs stumble upon a gigantic hill. The Smurfs are amazed.

“Gulping Gorillas!” Sqeauled Sassette.

“Gosh, that sure is one big hill!” Added Clumsy.

“You can smurf that again, Clumsy!” Put in Lazy.

“I’ll ztart painting right now!” Said Painter excitedly.

“Well, this hill is indeed very big.” Thomas puffed. “And this hill, is Gordon’s Hill.”

“Now why would they name a hill from one of your friends, Thomas?” Wondered Brainy.

“Funny you asked that, Brainy.” Giggled Thomas. “You see, whenever Gordon pulls the express, he tries to climb up with all his might. But, when his express gets too heavy, he gets himself stuck.”

“What?!” Hefty shouted shockingly, “But Thomas, you smurfed me that Gordon is the strongest Engine on the Island of Sodor!”

“He is, Hefty.” Thomas puffed truthfully, “But not on his very own hill. And I know you don’t believe me, but it’s true.”

But then, Hefty made a confession. “Well, to smurf you the truth, Thomas.” He said as he kicks his foot, “Even though I’m the strongest Smurf, but I always, all the time, do need some help, too.”

“And there’s nothing embarrassing for needing a friend in need, Hefty.” Said Papa wisely.

“Papa Smurf is right, Hefty.” Agreed Thomas. “And even Gordon does need help from me and my friends.”

The other Smurfs think so too.

Hefty beamed brightly and could’ve been more proud.

Just then, Thomas and the Smurfs heard two familiar deep toots. “[POOP! POOP!]”

“Hey, look!” Hefty shouted as he turns, “Here comes Gordon!”

The other Smurfs turned around, and they and Hefty watched as Gordon began charging himself up the hill.

“Gang way!” Whistled Gordon, “Express train chuffing up the hill!”

“Hello, Gordon!” The Smurfs chimed.

“Hello, Smurfs!” Pooped Gordon, “But I still can’t stop to chat, I have to finish my job first!” And he kept on chuffing up the hill with all his might.

But even though, just as Thomas said, and with a total of five coaches behind him, the express is too heavy. Gordon slowed down, and came to a complete stop.

Gordon was cross. “Bother!” He grumbled.

“Now do you see what I mean?” Replied Thomas.

“Yes, I do.” Said Hefty. “And it smurfs like that Gordon will never finish his job.” He moaned disappointingly.

“Not to worry, Hefty.” Thomas steamed cheerfully, “All what Gordon needs, is a help from a bank Engine.”

“What’s a bank Engine?” Asked Hefty.

“A bank Engine is a spare Engine that pushes heavy trains up on hills.” Answered Thomas.

“Oh, I see.” Said Hefty understandingly. “So, who’s the bank Engine?”

“Wait and “smurf”.” Puffed Thomas.

Then the Smurfs heard another two familiar toots. “[PEEP! PEEP!]”

“Hey, everysmurf!” Handy shouted as he turns, “Look who it is!”

“It’s Edward!” Squealed Sassette and Snappy.

“[PEEP! PEEP!] PEEP! PEEP! Hello again!” Whistled Edward.

“Edward?!” Hefty said surprisingly, “You’re the bank Engine?!”

“Sure am, Hefty.” Edward puffed.

“And he’s just the right Engine to do it.” Tooted Thomas.

“And the only one who’s good at it, too!” Added Gordon louldy.

“Well, Edward.” Replied Hefty, “Smurf use what you smurf.”

“You got it, Hefty.” Chuckled Edward. “Well, here I go.”

Edward gently buffered up to Gordon. He released some sand on the rails to prevent him from slipping. And very slowly, he began to push. “[Sound of creaking]” He huffed, and puffed, and chuffed, and at last, he started to push Gordon up the hill. And Thomas started chuffing along side with Edward.

The Smurfs are very impressed, even Grouchy.

“Wow, look at him smurf.” Commented Handy.

“Yes, no wonder Edward is the only Engine to smurf that job.” Added Hefty.

“And don’t smurfget, the only Engine who’s smurfy at it, too.” Put in Brainy.

And secretly, Grouchy agrees too. “I love Edward’s helpful job.” He said to himself.

And so Edward kept on pushing Gordon up on the hill.

Everything was going fine and smoothly, until suddenly… “[SCREECH!]”

“OHHHHH!” Cried Edward, and he and Gordon came to a halt.

Edward slowly unbuffered himself away from Gordon. “Oh, my aching axles and gears.” He groaned.

“Edward, what’s wrong?” Concerned Handy.

“Are you ok?” Added Hefty.

“No, my not.” Wheeshed Edward sadly, “And it’s my aching parts, and their all getting out of date.”

“But why?” Asked Handy and Hefty.

“Because,” Answered Edward, “I’m the oldest Engine on the Island of Sodor.”

“How could you be old?” Replied Snappy, “You smurf nothing like Papa Smurf and Grandpa Smurf.”

“A-HEM!” Hissed Papa and Grandpa.

“Oops! Uh, no offense Papa Smurf and Grandpa Smurf. [Chuckling sheepishly]” Snappy said nervously.

“[SIGH] Smurf taken, Snappy.” Moaned Papa.

“Well, Snappy.” Explained Thomas, “We Engines age by years of service, not by growth.”

“Ohh.” Understood Snappy.

“What’s going on back there?!” Gordon shouted.

“Edward has a problem!” Handy shouted back.

“And I think this could smurf awhile!” Added Hefty loudly.

Now Gordon is even more cross. “Guess I was wrong about you, Edward!” He grumbled dreadfully, “You should just give yourself up, and the Fat Controller will find a replacement who is both useful and reliable, and not to mention very young, too!”

But, Gordon was just pretending to be unsupportive to Edward. He knows that the #2 engine is indeed a very reliable and useful Engine, even if he is a very old one.

But even though, Edward felt for Gordon’s negative support. “I think Gordons’ right.” He wheeshed sadly, “Maybe I should give myself up to the scarp yard and sell my parts to the smelters.”

“Umm, Thomas, what’s the scarp yard?” Asked Handy dreadfully.

“Oooh.” Quivered Thomas, “It’s a horrid place where old and retired Engines go when their years of service have come to an end. And it’s also for naughty and unuseful ones, too.”

The Smurfs are terrified, even Grouchy.

Now Handy and Hefty really felt sorry Edward, and the two best friends started to think of a way to help the mid-size blue tender engine.

Just then, an idea had flown through Hefty’s head. “Psst, Handy.” He called to the inventor Smurfy.

“What is it, Hefty?” Replied Handy.

Hefty whispered his idea to Handy in his ear. “[Hefty whispering]”

“Smurfy idea, Hefty.” Handy agreed, and he and Hefty turned to Edward.

“Well, Edward.” Handy spoke up, “Your worthlessness reminds us of a friend of ours back at home.”

“I beg your pardon?” Edward puffed puzzlingly.

“It’s true.” Hefty replied, “His name is Weakling, and he once has a very low self-esteem feeling, and thinks he’s unuseful.”

“And your point is?” Edward wheeshed.

“Well, Papa Smurf explained to us that Weakling has no confidence.” Said Handy helpfully, “So Papa Smurf smurfed him a special reliever called “Can Do Cream”.”

“But, it’s really smurfberry jam.” Whispered Hefty to Edward.

“Then what happen?” Edward steamed eagerly.

“Well, in the end,” Handy said as he finishes, “Weakling has smurfed his own willpower and strengh, and has proven to us that he’s indeed a really reliable and useful Smurf. And which he is now at our home village.”

Edward was very impressed. “Wow, he really is very reliable and useful Smurf.” He said. “But, I don’t think confidence will help on an old Engine like me.”

“Well, Edward.” Papa spoke up, “The kind of confidence you need, is some Smurf confidence.”

“Smurf confidence?” Confused Edward.

Papa turned to Handy. “Here Handy, take my magic sack.” and he handed it to the carpetner Smurf.

“Uh, thanks Papa Smurf.” Said Handy puzzlingly, “But, I don’t follow.”

Papa whispered to Handy about his plan. “[Papa whispering]”

“Ooh, smurfty.” Agreed Handy.

So Handy jumped off of Thomas, landed on the rail bed, and he began to look under Edward.

Edward watched nervously as Handy started to look under and behind his wheels.

Handy suddenly find the right spot to began Papa’s plan. He reached into the magic sack, scooped up a handful of magic powder, and then, he started to chant these magic works “OH GREAT MAGIC THAT ALWAYS SMURFS SWELL, HANDY SMURF SAYS, SMURF EDWARD WELL! ALAKA-SMURF!”
And a gust of wind blow the powder off of Handy’s hand and blew right towards the parts under Edward.

Thomas and Edward are amazed.

But, Edward was still puzzled, “Is that it?” He steamed, “I don’t feel anything.”

“Well, why don’t you smurf a little.” Suggested Papa.

Handy jumped right back aboard Thomas.

And then, as Papa instructed, Edward moved a little.

Suddenly, Edward was surprised. “Steaming pistons!” He tooted, “I don’t feel any aches!”

“And that my blue friend, is what Smurf confidence is all about.” Said Papa grandly.

“Now you can push Gordon up the hill again!” Thomas puffed cheerfully.

“Well, ok.” Edward said anxiously, “Here goes nothing.” And he rebuffered up to Gordon.

Edward pushed and puffed, and puffed and pushed with all his might! “[Sound of creaking]” And once again, Gordon was moving.

Thomas chuffed along side with Edward.

And the Smurfs cheered Edward on.

“Go Edward! You can smurf it!” Shouted Handy.

“Keep on smurfing with all your might!” Added Hefty.

“Go Edward, Go Edward, smurf, smurf, smurf!” Cheered Snappy and Sassette.

“Go, Edward!” Said the other Smurfs.

And even Grouchy cheered Edward on. “You can smurf it, Edward.” He said softly, “I know you can.”

Edward felt a lot of pride. “I will do it, I will do it, I will do it!” He panted.

Edward kept on going. His pistons pumped, his engine roared, and his axles ached. But at long last, he’d pushed Gordon all the way to the top of the hill!

“[PEEP-PEEP-PEEP! PEEP-PEEP-PEEP!] I’ve done it, I’ve done it, I’ve done it!” Whistled Edward.

“Yay! You smurfed it, Edward!” Cheered Handy.

“Three cheers for Edward!” Added Hefty.

“Hip-hip-hooray! Hip-hip-hooray! Hip-hip-hooray!” Cheered the Smurfs, even Grouchy cheered but softly.

And Thomas let out three cheerful toots. “[PEEP! PEEP! PEEP!]”

Edward was exhausted, but he was so proud that his boiler would burst.

“Well done, Edward!” Gordon tooted, “I knew you can it! And about what I said?”

“Yes, Gordon?” Edward wheeshed curiously.

“Just… kidding!” Laughed Gordon.

“Oh, Gordon you sly Engine you!” Blushed Edward, and he felt so silly for falling Gordon’s negative remark.

And Thomas and the Smurfs couldn’t help but giggle, even Edward. “[Everyone giggling]”

“Well, I better get chuffing!” Whistled Gordon, “And make up for lost time!”

“Alright, Gordon!” Hefty called.

“Smurf you later, Gordon!” The Smurfs chimed.

“And I’ll “smurf” you all later too, Smurfs!” Said Gordon, and with two toots, “[POOP! POOP!]” The #4 engine chuffed away as quickly as he could.

Edward turned to the Smurfs. “Thank you all for supporting me.” He said thankfully, “And thank you for helping me, Handy.”

“Actually, it’s was all Papa Smurf’s idea.” Handy giggled truthfully.

“Well then, thank you, Papa Smurf.” Puffed Edward happily.

“My smurfy pleasure, Edward.” Said Papa grandly, “After all, us “elders” must smurf together.”

“You puff that right, Papa Smurf.” Chuckled Edward.

“But Papa Smurf,” Remarked Brainy, “I though you smurf that you only smurf your magic sack in case of a real emergency.”

“I know what I smurf, Brainy.” Papa groaned sternly, “But this is more like “helping a friend” emergency.”

“Oh, right.” Said Brainy, which he’s still not feeling comfortable about it.

“And Handy,” Edward puffed, “I want to thank you and Hefty for telling about your friend, and I really wish I would like to meet Weakling. But it’s ashame that he didn’t come along with you, Smurfs.” He said disappointingly.

“Well first, you’re welcome, Edward.” Replied Handy.

“And second, like Papa Smurf smurf to the other Engines from their wishes,” Added Hefty, “At least he’s safe at our home village from harm’s way.”

“Well, I can’t argue about that, anyway.” Said Edward wisely, and he respect Papa’s safety wishes.

“And let me just smurf,” Hefty remarked, “That I’m really glad that Gordon is not like Tuffy at all.”

“Who’s Tuffy, Hefty?” Wondered Thomas.

“Oh, Tuffys’ a friend of mine.” Sighed Hefty, “And smurfs on smurfing that he’s the toughest of all.”

“But he’s not, isn’t he?” Puffed Thomas.

“Well, just a little.” Said Hefty honestly, “But, it does smurf him to foolishness, anyway.”

“Now there’s something to laugh at!” Chuckled Thomas.

“And one more thing, Hefty.” Edward spoke up, “Toughness is definitely not our style on the Island of Sodor.”

“Well, I’m glad to smurf that.” Said Hefty in relief.

“Well, I better puff back to Wellsworth Station.” Edward tooted, “In case some other Engine needs pushing up on Gordon’s Hill.”

“And we undersmurf completely.” Handy said grandly.

“Smurf you later, Edward.” The Smurfs chimed.

“And I’ll “smurf” you all later too, Smurfs.” Whistled Edward. And with a happy wheesh of steam, Edward chuffed slowly back to Wellsworth Station.

And Thomas set off once more along the main line.

“Umm, Smurfs?” Thomas replied, “I think you all better “smurf” on to your hats.”

“And why?” Confused the Smurfs.

“Because,…” Thomas puffed excitedly, and then he shouted, “WE’RE GOING DOWN HILL!”

“BUST OUR SMURFS!” The Smurfs yelled as they looked down the hill.

And with such speed, Thomas thundered down the hill. “WHEEEE!” He whistled.

“WHOAAAA!” The Smurfs screamed, and even Grouchy was enjoying it.

And with a flash, Thomas sped away from Gordon’s Hill.

After descending from Gordon’s Hill, Thomas stopped at a nearby water tower. His tanks are now running low on water.

“Phew!” Thomas puffed, “I’m getting thirsty.”

“Now that’s a reason why we stopped.” Said Snappy.

“Can you Smurfs do me a favor?” Thomas steamed pleasingly.

“Of course, Thomas.” Replied Hefty, “What is it?”

“First,” Thomas instructed, “Open my right tank cap.”

And with his strength, Hefty opened Thomas’ right tank cap.

Some of the other Smurfs looked inside Thomas’ right water tank.

“Whoa, you’re smurfing low on water, Thomas.” Remarked Greedy.

“I know, Greedy.” Thomas replied, “And here’s the second part, I would like some volunteers to pull down the hose from this water tower.”

“I’ll help.” Handy volunteered.

“Smurf me in.” Added Hefty.

“Uh, me too.” Put in Clumsy.

“And I’ll smurf here while I monitor.” Said Brainy.

Handy and Hefty climbed up to the releasing point of the hose. And Clumsy grabbed on to the cord of the ending point of the hose.

“Ok, Clumsy.” Brainy began instructing, “Smurf it right here.”

“Uh, got it, Brainy.” Remarked Clumsy, and he carefully moved the hose.

But suddenly, Clumsy, as usual, tripped and let go of the hose. “Whoops!” He cried.

And the hose landed on top of Brainy’s head. “[BONK!] OW! Clum-sy!” He shouted, “On the water tank, not me!”

“Oops, sorry Brainy.” Said Clumsy sheepishly.

“Hahahahaha!” Laughed Thomas. “Now that’s funny!”

“And I smurf so, too.” Added Jokey, and he too had to laugh. “[Jokey laughing hardly]”

Even the other Smurfs had to laugh. “[Smurfs laughing]” And especially Grouchy, but just a giggle. “[Grouchy giggling]”

Brainy was furious. “Oh, smurfs! And as Thomas and his friends would said, bother!” He grumbled.

But in no time, Clumsy managed to place the ending point of the hose on to Thomas’ right tank.

“Ok, you two.” Thomas called to Handy and Hefty, “Release the water!”

Handy and Hefty opened the faucet. And in no time, Thomas is now having his drink.

“Ah, much better.” Thomas wheeshed relaxingly. “And thank you four for volunteering.”

“You’re welcome, Thomas.” Said Handy and Hefty thankfully.

“And our smurfy pleasure, too.” Added Brainy and Clumsy.

But, as Thomas was enjoying his drink, he started to think. He was thinking on what it would be like to go the Smurf village. Visiting the other Smurfs, helping each other out, and some other smurfy things. And juts then, Thomas’ thinking emotion has changed into a daydreaming one. And that is something that Thomas wants to make his dream come true. But even though, it’s very impossible.

Thomas let out a sigh. “[Sigh] Oh well.” He wheeshed.

The Smurfs couldn’t help but notice.

“Thomas, is something unsmurfy?” Asked Smurfette,

“What? Oh, no, there isn’t.” Thomas answered.

“Now, Thomas.” Said Vanity cleverly, “We now know you very well.”

“Now, is there something that you would like to smurf to us?” Added Lazy.

“Oh, alright, you got me.” Thomas puffed sternly, "I was just daydreaming."

“About what?” Wondered Painter.

“Well,” Thomas said timidly, “I was daydreaming about on what’s it like for me and my friends to visit the Smurf village.”

“Ohh.” Understood the Smurfs.

“I know.” Thomas remarked, “And that would be a dream come true. But, it’s impossible.”

“Oh, Thomas.” Handy said caringly, “And we know just how you smurf.”

“And you’re right, it is impossible.” Said Brainy disappointingly.

“But smurfing of dreams,” Smurfette spoke up, “We have a friend that smurfs the same feelings as you, Thomas.”

“Oh please, tell me.” Said Thomas as he tries to cheer himself up.

“Well alright.” Smurfette began, “His name is Dreamy, and he always dream of other places and other things.”

“And did his dreams really came true?” Thomas asked eagerly.

“Well, sometimes yes and sometimes no.” Brainy answered honestly.

“But, it’s mostly yes.” Papa added, “And his dreams smurfing true is what smurfing him a really useful Smurf.”

“Well, flatten my funnel.” Said Thomas feeling better, “And I really wish I would like to meet Dreamy.”

“But like you said, Papa Smurf.” Thomas said to the village leader, “He’s safe at your village from harm’s way. And I respect your safety wishes.”

“Yes, Thomas.” Chuckled Papa. “And thank you.”

“And there’s one more question that I had to ask.” Thomas remarked.

“And what is that?” Replied Papa.

“How many of you all are there?” Asked Thomas.

“Well,” Answered Papa, “Let’s just smurf, there are 105 of us.”

“105?!” Gasped Thomas, “Whoa, now that’s a lot of Smurfs!”

“Now, for our question,” Said Brainy, “How many Engines are there on this island?”

“Well, just 30.” Answered Thomas, “But still, when the island gets all puffed up with too much work, Sodor will keep on getting new Engines.”

“Wow.” Said the Smurfs amazingly.

“And golly,” Clumsy spoke up, “What would Dreamy smurf when we smurf him about the Island of Sodor?”

“Oh, we can smurf a wild guess.” Said Grandpa.

And sadly, Grouchy’s only dream to come true, is to find James and apologize to him sincerely. But he’s afraid that his time has run out.

At last, Thomas’ water tanks are all filled up.

“Ok, I’m all full.” Thomas called to Handy and Hefty.

Handy and Hefty closed the faucet, and the two jumped back aboard Thomas. And Clumsy pull the cord with the hose away from Thomas.

And Brainy gently closed Thomas’ right tank cap.

“Boy, you steam engines sure smurf on a lot of water, Thomas.” Greedy remarked.

“Well, Greedy.” Thomas explained, “That’s what makes us huff and puff around the island.”

“Uh oh.” Handy said as he had a silly though, “But all my railsmurfer smurf on is only coal.”

“Oh, that won’t do.” Thomas wheeshed, “Cause all your railsmurfer could puff out is just smoke.”

“I know, and how silly of me.” Said Handy.

“And I still HATE smoke!” Said Grouchy.

“Oh well.” Thomas tooted, “Let’s keep going, shall we?”

“Still smurf the way, Thomas.” Said Snappy happily.

“You got it, Snappy.” Whistled Thomas, and he began chuffing off.

But just as Thomas started to move, until all of a sudden, he and the Smurfs heard a screeching loud noise with someone whistling and shouting in distress! “[PEEP! PEEP! PEEP!] HEEEEEEELP!”

“[Thomas and the Smurfs gasping]”

(Amtrak Smurf): Uh oh! Who’s the Engine in trouble?! I think there’s something that you don’t wanna puff amd smurf!

Fun fact: There are two english ways to say a spare engine that pushes heavy trains up on grades. In British, it’s called a “bank engine”, in American, it’s called a “helper engine”.

Quiz: Background song #3, this one is a music group, and their name is the same as the title of the movie, who are they? And take your time.

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-03-2008 10:18 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I like the new chapter. And I never knew about the bank vs helper engine fun fact... but now I do! Keep up the smurfy work.
[Sassette Smurfling]

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-04-2008 06:27 PM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I really enjoyed this chapter. As for the song, that's Together we Can by the Cheetah Girls. I love that song!

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-29-2008 02:13 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Chapter 10 is coming up with another treat, and it's the moment you all been waiting for.

--------------------

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-30-2008 04:36 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Cool Smurf, hurry and read my latest chapter.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.