Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie            Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | SMURF STORIES | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  47  48  49    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » Smurf Movie 2011 (Page 22)
Author Topic: Smurf Movie 2011
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-22-2011 09:44 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
And don't forget about the Plush Movie Smurfs too!

-
2374 - Plush Movie Smurfs (20cm)
by Giochi Preziosi

-
2375 - Plush Movie Smurfs (30cm)
by Giochi Preziosi

The toys look like fun - I really like the New York play set.

[Big Grin]

PS - Thanks, SmurfyD1983!

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Rocker Smurf
Smurf
Member # 3178

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-22-2011 10:01 PM      Profile for Rocker Smurf  Rocker Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Smurfaroo! I knew there would be new figures, but as somebody who's more into collecting plushies than figurines, I was hoping there would be some new ones out and I'm glad to see there is. That Clumsy plush is ADORABLE! The second I see one in the shop I'm buying it. And I wasn't sure about the look of Smurfette at first but it's grown on me. Can't wait to see the others.

--------------------
Smurf yourself a smile and have a smurfy day!

Posts: 217 | From: Smurfy old England | Registered: Apr 2010
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted 02-23-2011 12:18 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here are some more pictures from the 2011 Toy Fair in New York. There are so many new toys coming out for the 3D Movie! This is all from Jakks Pacific...

* Movie Grab'ems Figures
* Basic Figures 2-Packs
* Adventure Theme Pack
* Escape to New York Playset
* Stampers
* Clay Set (like Play-Doh)
* Decorate-Your-Own-Smurf
* Mix n' Match
* Play Camera
* Smurf Mushroom Decoration Set
* Walkin' Talkin' Plush
* Bean Bag Plush
* Jumbo Plush

-
Smurf Stamps

-
Jakks 3D Smurf Movie Figures

-
Smurf Movie Grab 'ems & Smurf Figures 2-Packs

-
The Smurfs Movie Playset
- opens to reveal the two worlds from the movie -

-
Gargamel & Azrael Figures

-
The Smurfs Movie Plush

-

[Happy Smurf]

I love the plush Clumsy Smurf too!!!

--------------------

BlueTiger10
Super Smurfette / Reporter Smurfette
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-23-2011 05:48 AM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Great finds, Sassette!
You know what, I'm gonna tell FAO Schwarz to perhaps set up a Smurfs' movie promotion at the store where they filmed it. By the way, Gargamel and Azrael look so realistic in figurine form, and I like the plush toys. Even Gutsy Smurf looks very cuddly, Smurfette looks pretty, and Clumsy is so cute! Love 'em all! Gotta catch 'em all!
Thanks for the heads-up, Sassette!

--------------------
http://www.Twitter.com/HubermanProject

Posts: 947 | From: City Island, Bronx, NY USA | Registered: Nov 2010
Pinkie
Smurf
Member # 3182

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-23-2011 09:44 AM      Profile for Pinkie       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I love all of the cuddle toys and stamps! [Enamored Smurf]
Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-25-2011 05:45 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
These pics are great this movie is going to be awesome!!

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-25-2011 07:39 AM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
List of Movie locations from "THE SMURFS MOVIE" in 3D

-
FAO Schwarz

-
Glastow Fountain in Central Park

-
Rockefeller Center

-
Times Square & 42nd Street, Broadway

More images for movie locations to come...

--------------------

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-25-2011 07:48 AM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Additional New York Movies:
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)- Central Park West, Macy's Herald Square
Ghostbusters (1984)- New York Public Library, Broadway, etc.
BIG- FAO Schwarz, Playland Park, etc.
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York- Rockefeller Center, the Plaza Hotel, Central Park
Spiderman (2002)- Flatiron Building, Queensburo Bridge, New York Public Library, Broadway, etc.
Elf- Central Park, Empire State Building, Broadway, East Side, 34th Street
City Island (film)- City Island & NYC
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: the Lightning Thief- Empire State Building, Metropolitan Museum of Art
The Sorcerer's Apprentice- Times Square, Wall Street, Broadway, Bowling Green, Bryant Park, Chinatown, etc.

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-25-2011 05:05 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Cool pictures!
[Cool]

--------------------

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-27-2011 08:08 AM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hey, LOOK! More toys!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

VicyJoe
Smurf
Member # 3538

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-02-2011 07:39 PM      Profile for VicyJoe       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I am quite skeptical on whether the upcoming film will be accepted by long-time fans and critics, and it may have the same fate as most live-action film adaptations of classic cartoons (The Flintstones, Scooby Doo, etc.). I also could not say I really like the character designs of the Smurfs, as they look generic-looking.

I watched the Smurfs cartoon series as a child in the 1980s and had recently re-watched some of the episodes on Youtube as an adult, and preferred the classical character design.

I pray that my opinion would not offend anyone here who is looking forward to the film adaptation.

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-02-2011 08:56 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
"I am quite skeptical on whether the upcoming film will be accepted by long-time fans and critics, and it may have the same fate as most live-action film adaptations of classic cartoons (The Flintstones, Scooby Doo, etc.). I also could not say I really like the character designs of the Smurfs, as they look generic-looking."
- Onesimos (Smurfling, Member # 3538)

Many kids movies can NEVER be Oscar winners.
"Toy Story 3", "Up", "WALL-E", "Harry Potter", "How to Train Your Dragon", "Fantastic Mr. Fox", and so on lose to Adult films like "The Social Network", "The King's Speech", "Inception", "Slumdog Millionaire" and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button".
I made my own comment: "Movies based on current TV shows are dead." It means that every movie version of a current TV show like "The Wizards of Waverly Place", "iCarly" or "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" end up at TV's as TV movies. And others eventually end up as direct-to-video releases.
I still think the "The Smurfs" should tie with "Toy Story 3", "UP" and "How to Train Your Dragon." It can STILL be successful as "The Rugrats Movie" (1998), and "Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone" (2001).

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 03-02-2011 09:29 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Everything above is delightful to see; thanks a million for sharing, everysmurf! [Big Grin]
You're not offending anyone, Onesimos (smurfy greetings); every kind and sincere opinion is welcome here, the movie Smurfs look cute but I also prefer the original style. [Happy Smurf]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4914 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-03-2011 08:09 AM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I like both too, Squeaky Smurf. They're PERFECTO.

--------------------

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-03-2011 12:44 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hello everybody!
Today, my March 11, 2011 issue of Entertainment Weekly arrived, and on Page 14, look for this page: a new photo from "THE SMURFS MOVIE", Neil Patrick Harris playing Rock Band video game with Gutsy, Grouchy & Brainy Smurf! (Oh yeah, and there's a Basset Hound dog in the background too.) Upload this photo if you find it and show it to everybody! Good luck, Captain!

--------------------

Rocker Smurf
Smurf
Member # 3178

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-03-2011 02:26 PM      Profile for Rocker Smurf  Rocker Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
NPH and Smurfs playing Rock Band? Oh no, no, no, pop culture references! That's the one thing I didn't want them to do for this movie!

--------------------
Smurf yourself a smile and have a smurfy day!

Posts: 217 | From: Smurfy old England | Registered: Apr 2010
BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-03-2011 04:04 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
 -

TOO LATE, ROCKER SMURF!
Anyway, here's the scanned photo, everybody. Enjoy!
(Oh, and one more thing, find a better quality picture to upload.)

--------------------

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted 03-03-2011 04:44 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Blue Tiger, when you announced that picture I could have sworn I was gonna see Grouchy declaring: "I HATE Rock Bands!!" (LAUGH) But Brainy's and Gutsy's hard rock postures and expressions (eg sticking tongues) are hilarious!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 4914 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-03-2011 06:15 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I personally don't mind the look of the CGI movie Smurfs, even though I'm not very crazy about Gutsy having sideburns, but that could be breaking the mold of "only 500-year-olds like Papa Smurf can have facial hair" somewhat, allowing some flexibility on how young adult Smurfs can be portrayed. Still, they could have come out looking like animated PVCs which would be more appropriate for a videogame or a CGI animated TV show.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-03-2011 06:44 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hmmmm... CGI TV show ain't bad.

--------------------

Oakley Smurf
Brainy Smurf Snaeha
Member # 2823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-04-2011 08:51 AM      Profile for Oakley Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I think those pop culture references on this photo are not the good thing,actually it's the
thing that's make so many CGI movie based on
classic cartoon failed for being true to its roots and original formula. but i like the face
expression of brainy and gutsy looks much better
than anything i seen from most CGI movie except
from pixar which is the innovator and the leader
of this genre.
expressions looks very lively to the classic cartoon!
6 months left! (for thailand)

--------------------
I'm Brainy Smurf's alter ego one that didn't wearing glasses...for now...
"Eyesight 200/20 but I always see what's on my mind"

Posts: 694 | From: Bangkok,Thailand | Registered: May 2009
Cheeky Smurf
Smurf
Member # 3542

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-07-2011 03:09 PM      Profile for Cheeky Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I too have my doubts about the new movie. Why did they go for the modernday urban american city location setting route?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-USA, I'm moving there hopefully next year. But it seems like another hollywood attempt to americanise on a classic story by removing the original charmed enchanted forest setting it was always set in wrongly assuming it's what everyone would rather watch, but I believe even americans would rather see it set in it's original somewhere in some charmed medievil Europe location, not a bustling smokey modern urban city, maybe leave that idea for a cheap future TV movie, but not in their big screen debut.

Hanna Barbera were an american TV studio who had always kept with the classic story up until Season 9 which may have been the reason for it's death null. I maybe reminded that there were a few obvious USA accents with some of the characters, but this didn't matter, they sounded great especially Clumsy, but the important thing was that it was always kept with the original theme which was all part of the charm in the first place.

But more importantly, where's Hefty, and who's Gutsy?

No Lazy???

There's a Baker and Chef, but no Greedy?

And where's Vanity, Painter, Poet and Melody gone?

They've left out many of the important central characters and they'll be missed.

I thought the critics were too harsh on the Yogi movie, but I fear this is already a bigger disaster before it's even released [Frown]

--------------------
Tra la la la la la, I'm smurfy as can be :)

Tra la la la la la, but don't you smurf with me :P

Posts: 48 | From: The Enchanted Forest | Registered: Mar 2011
Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-07-2011 03:51 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Those are good questions Cheeky Smurf.

As far as I know there is Hefty in the movie... but the others you mentioned, not sure.

Also, there isn't a Melody Smurf, but there is a Melody Smurfette that I created for one of my fanfics entitled "The Smurfette Village" [Big Grin]

Stay Creative!

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

BlueTiger10
Member # 3411

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-07-2011 04:12 PM      Profile for BlueTiger10   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Godzilla (1998) was Americanized by Roland Emmerich (Independence Day), and other Japanese movies i.e. 7 Samurai by Akira Kurosawa have been upstaged to an American crowd; i.e. The Magnificent Seven with Steve McQueen and Yul Brynner. I have a bad feeling about flops such as when Ray Harryhausen based "The Valley of Gwangi" (1969) from Willis O'Brien's screen story from 1940, the 1960's audience weren't interested in this film, as others prefer "Midnight Cowboy", or why "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" flopped because of "Inception" that surpassed Disney's chocolate bar of action & fantasy ("The Sorcerer's Apprentice" is Harry Potter meets Indiana Jones in the City)
Find out about these films at www.IMDB.com.

--------------------

Cheeky Smurf
Smurf
Member # 3542

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-07-2011 04:59 PM      Profile for Cheeky Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
When they only limit themselves to only cater for an american audience, not only does it risk alienating the fans around the world setting it on a different continent in a different time, but they also risk it flopping in the states too because of the too many changes separating it from the classic charm of the original in this case especially. It didn't matter so much with Godzilla as that was really always just a monster movie.

I hope they don't give them the immediate knowledge of modern slang too, such as "Cool!" and maybe as a replacement for "Smurf/Smurfing". It just wouldn't smurf true at all [Frown]

Edit: Correction. Greedy is in it, my mistake.

--------------------
Tra la la la la la, I'm smurfy as can be :)

Tra la la la la la, but don't you smurf with me :P

Posts: 48 | From: The Enchanted Forest | Registered: Mar 2011
Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  47  48  49   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2020 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.