Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie                     Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » Smurfs Return?
Author Topic: Smurfs Return?
GIF Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 273

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 08-11-2005 10:11 PM      Profile for GIF Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Paramount Pictures has announced it plans to begin a trilogy of computer animated Smurfs films, the first to be released in 2008 through its Nickelodeon Films banner. The project had been in various stages of development since 2003. The first Smurf Movie is planned to coincide with the 50th anniversary of The Smurfs.

Has anyone else heard about this?

--------------------
:azrael: SMURF the day long!

GIF Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 273

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 08-11-2005 10:18 PM      Profile for GIF Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Sorry just saw Papa Smurf's post on this last month.

--------------------
:azrael: SMURF the day long!

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-13-2005 07:06 AM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I just hope they pick good voice actors for the characters. As for my personal choices for voice character actors:

Hynden Walch (voice of Teen Titans Starfire) as Smurfette
Khary Payton (voice of Teen Titans Cyborg) as Hefty or similar character
Greg Cipes (voice of Teen Titans Beast Boy) as Jokey or some other character
Ethan Phillips (Neelix from Star Trek: Voyager) as Papa Smurf
Lauren Tom (voice of Teen Titans Gizmo) as Jokey or some other character

--------------------
-- VIC GEORGE, Westfield, MA, USA

Posts: 222 | From: Westfield, MA, USA | Registered: Jul 1999
Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-13-2005 07:28 AM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hmm, some of those would be a good choice.

Hynden Walch would be a perfect choice for Smurfette [Wink]

But for Hefty I would have chosen Jeff Benet (voice of many characters, especially the voice of Brooklyn from Gargoyles). He could also do many other voices.

I somehow don't really hear Ethan Phillips as a 'Papa Smurf' type of voice...he is more of the 'geeky scientice' stereo type voice (look at some of the roles he has played in tv and films). To be honest, I don't know who would be perfect for Papa Smurf...

Lauren Tom may be able to pull off a very good Jokey though [Wink]

Greg Cipes would sound more like Lazy Smurf to me...and perhaps some other characters too.

They would have to bring in the one actor that played Brainy...I can't remember which one did the better job. Was it Danny Goldman or Barry Gordon?

Well, that's all I can think of...for now...

Take Care, Everyone!
Raven Child.

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 08-15-2005 05:05 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The more I think about it, the more I can see Ethan Phillips as Papa Smurf for a Smurfs movie. He seems to have a lot of the right demeanor.

Brainy, of course, can be played by Danny Goldman (who recently proved he can still do Brainy's voice perfectly.)

Tailor Smurf - well that's easy. Chris Kattan (Kip King's son) can do a perfect Tailor (his dad taught him how to do it).

I'm afraid I'm unfamilliar with the Teen Titans voice actors, though! (I do know Lauren Tom as Amy on Futurama.)

[Smile]

--------------------
Uploading Smurf pictures to our servers is EASY - show the world your smurfy find in a message!

Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-15-2005 02:34 PM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'd rather have Brainy sound just a bit more nasally, for the full effect of being so annoying that even the audience wants to kick him to the village limits!

--------------------
-- VIC GEORGE, Westfield, MA, USA

Posts: 222 | From: Westfield, MA, USA | Registered: Jul 1999
swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-05-2010 11:16 PM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Papa Smurf:
The more I think about it, the more I can see Ethan Phillips as Papa Smurf for a Smurfs movie. He seems to have a lot of the right demeanor.

Brainy, of course, can be played by Danny Goldman (who recently proved he can still do Brainy's voice perfectly.)

Tailor Smurf - well that's easy. Chris Kattan (Kip King's son) can do a perfect Tailor (his dad taught him how to do it).

[Smile]

Any place where I can hear him do the voice?

--------------------
Every day in every way I am smurfy!

Posts: 421 | From: Kissimmee, Florida | Registered: Jan 2005
Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.