Smurf at Last!    Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » Smurf References In Other Shows Or Movies (Page 1)
Author Topic: Smurf References In Other Shows Or Movies
Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-26-2005 02:00 PM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
From IMDB.com:

Strong Kids, Safe Kids (1984) (V)
Summer Rental (1985)
Back to the Beach (1987)
For Keeps? (1988)
Critters 2: The Main Course (1988)
The Simpsons Christmas Special (1989) (TV)
Slacker (1991)
Ricochet (1991)
Tommy Boy (1995)
Rocket Man (1997)
Kidnapping Mom & Dad (1998) (TV)
Can't Hardly Wait (1998)
Scalpers (2000)
Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000)
Donnie Darko (2001)
No Man's Land (2001)
Big Fat Liar (2002)
Scooby-Doo (2002)

--------------------
-- VIC GEORGE, Westfield, MA, USA

Posts: 222 | From: Westfield, MA, USA | Registered: Jul 1999
Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 03-27-2005 06:38 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The Venture Brothers (2004) (TV)

The epsiode is titled "Are You There, God? It's Me Dean". The Venture Brothers are shown on Cartoon Network.

[Smile]

--------------------
Uploading Smurf pictures to our servers is EASY - show the world your smurfy find in a message!

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-27-2005 10:52 AM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
On a show, I think it was called "Eek, the cat" (1991-2?) or an animated show of "Back to the Furture" (not sure if it was late 80's or early 90's) can't remember which. Anyway, there were these two characters and they were painting a house blue. One of them accedently spills the paint on the other. In a result the clean one starts laughing and tells the painted character that he looks like a smurf [Big Grin]

Another cartoon "Biker Mice From Mars" (1994) two villians are planning what to do. One says, "Activate the Transport. Set if for the lowest, the vilest, the most disgusting team of twisted evil enforcers Plutark ever produced!"
"Not the Smurfs!" The other screeches, horrified.

LOL, that's all I can think of [Wink]

Take Care, Stay Smurfy!
Raven Child.

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

xSmurfettex
Smurfette
Member # 416

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 03-27-2005 01:18 PM      Profile for xSmurfettex       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air:
Will is placed in a music class for little kids. They are to put on a show. A little girl looks at the crowd behind the curtain and says, "There are people out there!" Will replies with, "Well, who do you think we were performing for? A bunch of Smurfs?"

Also in another episode, Ashley says something about owning a Smurf piggy bank

Rugrats:
Two stoner teenagers are painting the DeVil's house. Blue paint falls of the tray above on one of them. The dry one says to the blue one, "Dude! You look like a Smurf!"

MadTV:
In the middle of a sketch involving a news team reporting over a trial over how McDonalds made a man fat, a crazy old woman starts talking about trolls, and points to the fat man, wearing blue and white, says "He looks like a little Smurf!"

I Love the 80s: Strikes Back:
In the 1981 'sode, celebrities such as Pink, Hal Sparks, and Debbie Gibson, talk about how Smurfs were their favorite TV show growing up.

VH1 Goes Inside:
An episode was about primetime cartoons. Towards the end, the question was asked, "Which cartoon character would you like make love to?" One man replied with, "Smurfette looked like she could have used a good smurfing."

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

--------------------
"You need to do something for *you*. Buy some beer!"

"Just imagine you're weightless in the middle of the ocean surrounded by tiny, little seahorses."

Posts: 130 | From: Baltimore Women's House of Detention aka, the Big Dollhouse. | Registered: Dec 2003
Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-27-2005 04:12 PM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I forget the name of the TV show series that I'm thinking about from the early 1980s, but it had a rather ditzy blonde who lived with two guys and a young girl as their housemaid. In one episode, one of the guys was pitching a product to a female sales rep called Tan In A Can, and he used the housemaid as a model for the product. The problem with the product, however, was that it turned the skin of whoever used it blue, and throughout the episode they were trying to prevent the sales rep from discovering its side effect by keeping the housemaid out of sight, but also by trying to keep the sales rep from looking at her face because they sprayed some of it on her. Eventually, the sales rep found out by looking at herself in a reflection and said in a somewhat horrified tone, "I'm blue." Near the end of the episode, the housemaid comments, "I feel like a giant Smurf."

--------------------

xSmurfettex
Smurfette
Member # 416

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 03-29-2005 08:30 PM      Profile for xSmurfettex       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
This isn't relevant as far as movies and TV shows are concerned, but here's one (sort of)

Depending where you go, if you see Rocky Horror Picture Show in a theater, there's a call-back you yell at the screen towards the end of "Rose Tint My World" where Dr. Frank-n-Furter (Tim Curry) pops out of the pool. He's got blue make-up smeared on his chest and you yell, "Look! Smurf guts*!"

*- actually a different word.

--------------------

"Just imagine you're weightless in the middle of the ocean surrounded by tiny, little seahorses."

Posts: 130 | From: Baltimore Women's House of Detention aka, the Big Dollhouse. | Registered: Dec 2003
Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-31-2005 06:30 PM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I don't think audience participation comments for B-grade movies count, though the show Mystery Science Theater 3000 does have the threesome making similar comments in the movies they're forced to watch.

--------------------

DPuthoff42
Smurfling
Member # 944

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 04-01-2005 07:06 AM      Profile for DPuthoff42       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
This has nothing to do with TV or movies, but my favorite Smurf references has to be two Washington Redskin wide receivers, Alvin Garrett and Charlie Brown, know collectively as The Smurfs because of their small size.

--------------------
Smurfs on DVD--now.

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-01-2005 02:39 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's a Smurf reference from a newspaper comic strip - The Family Circus.

-

The cartoon features Jeffy and Dolly listening to an old 1940's song on the radio. Upon hearing the lyrics Dolly replies, "I guess she's a Smurf". The song is called "Red Roses for a Blue Lady".

I want some red roses for a blue lady
Mister florist take my order please
We had a silly quarrel the other day
I hope these pretty flowers chase her blues away

I want some red roses for a blue lady
Send them to the sweetest gal in town
And if they do the trick, I'll hurry back to pick
Your best white orchid for her wedding gown

Keep Smurfin'
Sassette

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

vanitysmurf
Smurf
Member # 718

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 04-02-2005 04:23 AM      Profile for vanitysmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
They were recently on family guy too... or mentioned somewhere in one of the episodes, too bad i was only half paying attention until i heard the word SMURF always gets me more interested...
xSmurfettex
Smurfette
Member # 416

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 04-05-2005 08:19 PM      Profile for xSmurfettex       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
vanitysmurf, I think I remember it... Stewy was watching Smurfs and one Smurf says things like:

"Hey, how's it smurfin'?"
"Yeah, I'm gonna smurf Smurfette. She's smurfy."

--------------------

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 04-05-2005 10:56 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vanitysmurf:
They were recently on family guy too... or mentioned somewhere in one of the episodes, too bad i was only half paying attention until i heard the word SMURF always gets me more interested...

I remember that episode too. One of smurfs was talking about his date with Smurfette to the other smurf. Conversation went something like this:

"Yeah, I went on a date with Smurfette last night."

"Oh, how did that smurf?"

"She Smurfed me."

"No Smurfin way."

"Oh yeah, right in the smurfin parking lot."

I think there was more, but that is all I can remember, lol. [Big Grin]

Stay Smurfy!
Raven Child.

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 06-30-2005 03:05 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
After careful viewing of late-night reruns of Family Guy on Adult Swim, I have found the name of that episode. It is:

(drumroll...)

Emission Impossible

It also features Majel Barrett Roddenberry (the voice of the Star Trek computer) saying all sorts of mildly naughty things in the "computer voice".

With Smurfs, Star Trek and Star Wars references, this episode of Family Guy actually manages to surpass its usual super-high level of nerdishness and takes it to the next level - über-nerd. Kudos, I say.

[Smile]

--------------------
Uploading Smurf pictures to our servers is EASY - show the world your smurfy find in a message!

Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-30-2005 10:26 PM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Revisiting the topic: there was an episode from the old Nickelodeon show You Can't Do That On Television where the cast is dealing with various forms of addictive hobbies. On one of the related sketches, a girl is sitting at a table in a kitchen pouring out cereal, and a small stuffed Smurf comes out of it, and she gets all excited over it she wants to hand it over to her sister, and her parents try to dissuade her from doing that, and her sister is sitting at the other end of the table all made up like a human Smurfette, trying to "convince" her parents that she isn't a Smurf addict.

--------------------

Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-02-2005 08:01 AM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
So, to update the TV/movie reference list thus far:

You Can't Do That On Television (1979) (TV)
Summer Rental (1985)
Back to the Beach (1987)
For Keeps? (1988)
Mystery Science Theater 3000 (1988) (TV)
The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air (1990) (TV)
Slacker (1991)
Ricochet (1991)
Rugrats (1991) (TV)
Eek! The Cat (1992) (TV)
Biker Mice From Mars (1993) (TV)
Tommy Boy (1995)
Rocket Man (1997)
Can't Hardly Wait (1998)
Family Guy (1999) (TV)
Scalpers (2000)
Donnie Darko (2001)
No Man's Land (2001)
Big Fat Liar (2002)
Scooby-Doo (2002)
I Love The 80s Strikes Back (2003) (TV)
VH1 Goes Inside (2003) (TV)

--------------------

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 07-02-2005 08:08 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Excellent & totally comprehensive, as per usual, Vic.

Another addition:

Robot Chicken (2005) (TV)

More information on Brainy's appearance on Robot Chicken is here:

http://bluebuddies.com/Smurfs_Where_the_Smurfs_at.htm

[Smile]

-
Smurfs on Robot Chicken

--------------------

<Sunny Smurf>
unregistered

Icon 10 posted 07-13-2005 08:18 PM     's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I saw some smurf pez on Unwrapped today! But they didn't talk about them at all.

[Graduate Smurf]

Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-02-2005 06:45 AM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
New list of references in TV shows or movies:

Saturday Night Live (1975) (TV)
Summer Rental (1985)
Back to the Beach (1987)
For Keeps? (1988)
Slacker (1991)
Ricochet (1991)
Rugrats (1991) (TV)
Eek! The Cat (1992) (TV)
Tommy Boy (1995)
Rocket Man (1997)
Can't Hardly Wait (1998)
Family Guy (1999) (TV)
Scalpers (2000)
Donnie Darko (2001)
No Man's Land (2001)
Big Fat Liar (2002)
Scooby-Doo (2002)

--------------------

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 08-29-2005 07:49 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's a new Smurf reference from a TV Show on Bravo...

Celebrity Poker Showdown 2005: Tournament 6 Game 2

Howie Mandel makes the comment, "How many Smurfs did you have to kill to make these pillows?"

Dave Foley responds, "You know every year off the coast of Newfoundland they have the Smurf hunt."

Howie Mandel "Right."

Dave Foley "And the Greenpeace people are always protesting..."

Sassette

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

smurfy steph
Smurf
Member # 217

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 08-31-2005 09:18 PM      Profile for smurfy steph   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's another comic reference:
Mother Goose and Grimm
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

--------------------
That's the Steph thing to do!

Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-02-2005 10:23 AM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Just a reminder: the topic is called "Smurf References In Other Shows Or Movies". A separate topic can be started for "Smurf References In Other Comic Books Or Strips", if you wish to start it.

--------------------

Brainy's Babe
Smurfling
Member # 1168

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-16-2005 03:04 AM      Profile for Brainy's Babe       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
A UK sitcom "Little Britain" features a wonderful scene where Lou (Andy's carer) is taking Andy out for a meal and Andy insists on wearing his smurf costume. It's very funny :-)

Here is a transcript of the scene, with a picture of Andy at the restaurant in smurf gear:

Lou and Andy - Smurf Outfit Transcript

Narrator:It's late early evening and Lou is taking his friend Andy out for dinner.
Lou:The table's booked for seven. We'd better get you dressed then, hadn't we?
Andy:Yeah.
Lou:Now, what do you want to wear?
Andy:Smurf.
Lou:Smurf?
Lou:You want to wear your Smurf outfit?
Andy:Yeah.
Lou:It's quite a smart restaurant. I'm not really sure a Smurf outfit is appropriate for there.
Andy:Yeah, I know.
Lou:So what do you wanna wear?
Andy:Smurf.
Lou:Mmm. This Chinese food is delicious.
Andy:I look a pillock.
Andy:Do you do crisps?

Andy wears a Smurf Outfit
Lou and Andy Smurf Outfit

--------------------
I'm not Sickly - I'm Brainy!

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-14-2008 08:24 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I think I've found the mysterious TV show series from the early 1980s that had the episode about Tan In A Can that turned a blonde housekeeper blue after its useage, with her saying that she felt like a giant Smurf near the end. It's called We Got It Made, and it aired from 1983 to 1984, putting it around the time of The Smurfs' Season 3 with Baby Smurf and adult Nat introduced. Here's a Wikipedia article about the show in question:

"We Got It Made" (1983-84)

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-15-2008 06:22 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
So, to update the list yet again,...

Saturday Night Live (1975) (TV)
We Got It Made (1983) (TV)
Summer Rental (1985)
Back to the Beach (1987)
For Keeps? (1988)
Slacker (1991)
Ricochet (1991)
Rugrats (1991) (TV)
Eek! The Cat (1992) (TV)
Tommy Boy (1995)
Rocket Man (1997)
Can't Hardly Wait (1998)
Family Guy (1999) (TV)
Scalpers (2000)
Donnie Darko (2001)
No Man's Land (2001)
Big Fat Liar (2002)
Scooby-Doo (2002)

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-17-2008 12:16 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The horror film "Visiting Hours" has a close-up of two Smurf figures on top of a bookcase.

"Silent Night, Deadly Night" has a whole wall of Smurf toys as a background in the toy store.

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Posts: 963 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Feb 2006
Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2017 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.